Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 10-13-2007, 07:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/153/130

Height: 5'0

Default Weirdly Shaped Nightmare

Can any of you ladies help me?

I'm a very defined hourglass shape...tiny waist, big a**e, big boobs. When I was heavier I was just wearing men's shirts and (UK) size 18/20 trousers because the fat in front was keeping them up. Now I'm losing weight and going to the gym my natural shape has reappeared with a vengeance and I cannot find trousers to fit!

Everything I have slips down because my waist is small and my stomach is a lot flatter than the typical for my size (now UK 14) as I do so much abs work. Smaller sizing isn't the answer as they don't fit over the Butt of Doom which I still possess. I am a 14, not a 12 (yet) or a 10 (goal) and those sizes don't fit over hips and the aforementioned butt. I spend all day yanking my trousers up to maintain some semblance of decency, and my co workers have had a good look at my underwear more times than I care to count.

So I suffer constantly from builder's bum. I've tried belts. They don't make belts which go small enough around the waist. I've even tried a piece of string. It wasn't a good look.

I now have one pair of trousers which are still far too big but don't suffer from slippage. They are jeans which I wear constantly. My boss is also on a weightloss journey and my workplace is quite easygoing so I'm cleared to wear jeans for work, but I have a job interview coming up. If I get the job I will need to dress in a businesslike way which means trouser suits. I also need to find something wearable for the interview.

(I have the same trouble with skirts but it's easier to camouflage!)

Can anyone here help me? What trouser cuts would be best to disguise my weird shape? UK shoppers with the same problem, any tips? Does anyone else suffer from "builder's bum" and how do you deal with it?
moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 07:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I get jeans or slacks with an elastizied waistband, you can get them many places, Sears and Mervyn's for instance and some mail catalogs have them , Blair has them by mail. For a dressier looking slacks try Levi's Bendovers. For ideas on where to get proper fitting jeans go to zafu.com this is a gtreat resource for finding jeans.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 AM   #3  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

I have the same problem you do. I buy my trousers and jeans to fit the biggest part of my body (my butt) and then go to an alteration place and get them to take in the waist. If your good with a sewing machine (which I am not) you could do this yourself. I have to budget for it when I'm buying my clothes but it certainly makes me feel a lot better about the way I look and is therefore worth the extra expense. Way to go on the weight loss by the way!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #4  

Quote:
They don't make belts which go small enough around the waist.
Take your belts to a shoe repair. Have the shoe repair punch as many extra holes as you need to get the belts small enough to fit you.

Also consider where you're shopping if you can't find belts small enough to fit you. A UK 12 (or 10 or 8) isn't so weirdly tiny that belts should be unavailable.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 12:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I'm a UK chick with similar proportions, although currently more like the size you started at! Trousers are a nightmare and I don't have an easy solution in the UK. Trousers with part elasticated waist don't usually help as its usually sized to fit a larger waist which needs a bit of 'ease' in the waistband. Some US stores which you might get mail order do trousers with different fittings (you'd need to look for a curvy fitting)

Kitty

Last edited by KforKitty; 10-13-2007 at 12:57 PM.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:40 PM   #6  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

you might try a very thin belt, possibly from the "girls" section (i dont know how it's divided up in the UK) and longer shirts, with a waist clincher belt at the higher part of your waist. it's a very slimming look for those of us who have very defined curves. i've been almost -exactly- were you are. this helps me greatly. I am always afraid of getting my pants too "low rise" and having what they call " coin slot syndrome" you might look here: www.delias.com for belts/ longer shirts.

hope that helps!

another thing you might try, there is a trend, atleast in the US, going towards high waisted, wide leg trousers/slacks. you might look at some places like the limited 's website , or possibly the gap....you might even google it to see what you can find...

Last edited by hepmelly; 10-13-2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: additon of information
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #7  

Thank you!

Bargoo, I may have to go the elasticated route...I've been putting it off because my mum instilled the "Elastic is for Fat People" in my head since youth! But I am a fat person, there's no way around it!

Ternoway, what a great idea! I bet it wouldn't even be that costly. For particularly favoured trousers I will definitely be trying that. Thanks!

Congrats on your weight loss as well

MariaMaria, it's not my size (14) but where the belt rests on me that makes them too big. I wish I was a 12, never mind anything else!

KisforKitty, what a cool nick The UK is difficult, isn't it? I found some US posters proposed solutions on other threads which just aren't around here.

If I'm in funds I may try to track down the US nicely cut trousers...
Old 10-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #8  
Rop tú mo baile

S/C/G: 180/151/135

Height: 5'3"

these pants would probably be perfect for you. i have tried them on at the store, they sit near the belly button, and the belt is partially elastic, so it fits no matter how small your waist is. http://www.expressfashion.com/styles...jsp?groupId=39

you might also try searching ebay, it's easier to buy clothes on ebay, too becuae they usually measure the item, so measure yourself and pants that you have, and figure out what needs to happen, then begin your search. ebay is the best.

Last edited by hepmelly; 10-13-2007 at 04:10 PM.
hepmelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #9  

Hepmelly, thank you! Those look fantastic!

I'm going to check out if they ship to UK? It's worth it if I can get nice trousers.

Your tip for the long shirt and belt is excellent as well. If it looks slimming I'm all for it. I still have so far to go...
Old 10-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

And please check zafu.com they can reccomend jeans for jist about any size or shape.

No, I don't work for zafu.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/148/125

Height: 5'6"

haha i'm sorry but what are you complaining about?!?! i mean many girls would kill for those curves! i say just find a pair of low-mid rise jeans that make ur butt look awesome and get a really cute belt to make sure they dont fall off and enjoy!...the guys will be drooling all over you lol. u have a figure to be envied. i would kill for a rounder butt and a smaller waist!
JeepsterQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:11 PM   #12  

And many girls would kill to be 167 pounds and 5'6". lol.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote