1fralick
01-13-2002, 06:55 AM
Hi All

Any one in again?

We had alot of participants.
Alot of support and motivation.
and alot of success!

I am in again .

I have 6 days of OPness in a row! Yippee!

I would like to continue my run

My goals are to continue with teh water -1gallon per day,

Workout 5 days in a row. I ma trying to be toward the hour rather than th 45 mins

and eat OP, I am a lo-carber.

Anyone else in ?

KathS
01-13-2002, 12:10 PM
Count me in, Pat!!!

My OP challenge is to workout everyday for the next 5 days (either 10 to 30 minutes on the treadmill or an equivalent workout on the stationary bike).

And kudos to you for six days OP!!! That is fantastic! (Hoping your good run will rub off on me.)

Let's kick it, girl!!!

Kath
;)

KathS
01-13-2002, 03:05 PM
Okay... the moment of truth... It's later the same day and I'm leaving right now to get my fanny to the gym to work out.

Tallyho!

Kath

nasus40
01-13-2002, 09:42 PM
PAT!!! you go girl!! I am working on 13 days OP and holding!!

I am in for this one too

water
push the exercise
stay OP

Chellefn
01-13-2002, 09:57 PM
I want in!!

OK, here goes...

go to the gym
water
stay OP

Wooo hooo! I love this :) You guys are the best!
Chelle

1fralick
01-15-2002, 05:25 AM
Day 8 OP !!!!

I worked out for 1 hour yesterday!

Got all my water in and ate OP

I am off to Day 9!!

How did everyone else do?

Chellefn
01-15-2002, 07:22 AM
Monday was not my best day. I ate cake... (Curly I think that's your fault with all that talk about chocolate silk cake! ;)) and I was generally off plan all day.

But.. today is a new day & I must get back on track!

Chelle

SQLDiva
01-15-2002, 10:17 AM
I did well yesterday. I stayed OP, drank my water, exercised, and ate well.

So far so good today, although I didn't exercise as normal before work, so I'll go tonight while my son has swim team practice!!

Good luck today!!

Ann

Sandi
01-15-2002, 10:21 AM
You guys are the best!!! This is just what I needed! I can't seem to be cosistent, but last night I recommitted myself, I wrote out my plan and printed it out on magnet paper and put it on the fridge, and I am going to give myself a smiley for each day for doing what I say I am going to do. So the plan is:

Stay within my points each day
Drink 126 oz. water
Exercise every day

Good luck to us all!!

KathS
01-15-2002, 11:27 AM
So far, so good!! I can't believe I actually exercised both days, and even bought a cheap little personal tape player so I could listen to some tunes or books on tape while working out… cause, let's face it, plodding away on the treadmill for a half hour at a time bores me out of my gourd. Then again, I got to say, doing the workout always makes me do better the entire day, since I’m much less likely to blow it on eating if I’ve expended time and effort exercising.

Anyway, hanging in there so far! And if I mess up one day… no biggie… I’m not going to beat myself up over it… I’ll just get back on that treadmill again and feel twice as proud cause I got back on it.

Hang tough, ladies! We can do this!!!

Kath
:)

nasus40
01-15-2002, 01:57 PM
You guys are doing great!! keep up the work. it is hard adn we all make not the best chooices but we get there in the long run (some may be a bit longer running than others but we will get there)

Day 15 OP for me!! Holding

KathS
01-15-2002, 04:10 PM
Pat and Sue, you guys are phenomenal!!! The ladies of OP!

Chelle, that's the attitude, girl... get back in there fighting!!

Ann, you're doing great, chick! Keep it up.

Sandi, great idea with the smiley rewards! I think it's fun to find ways to remind ourselves that we're building on this... that we deserve recognition, even on a daily basis... so when we see all those little smileys (even if a few of mine may be sticking out their tongues or blushing)... it'll make us smile back.

You guys have got me pumped! I'm heading to the gym right now...

Kath

:) :)
(Two days OP... Sandi's idea. And I'll replace every five smileys with a big grin when all those smileys start adding up... how's that for optimism!)

Chellefn
01-16-2002, 03:14 AM
woo hooo! All of you are doing great!

I was able to stay OP today! And I even went to the gym. :) Thanks for keeping this going ladies!

Chelle

1fralick
01-16-2002, 04:58 AM
Still OP!
1 Hour + w/o
almost all my water
and ate OP!

Off to day 10

WAy to go everyone. The energy from everybody is s great sourse of support for me!

KathS
01-16-2002, 10:33 AM
:) :) :)

Three days' success on my OP exercise challenge and counting...

Tallyho!

Kath

Chellefn
01-17-2002, 02:17 AM
Pat, Kath - you two are kicking my butt!

I was off again today. :( Before class my sister invited me to my *favorite* Mexican fast food place. I couldn't resist the nachos & I have no idea how awful it was because I can't find any nutrional guides. Grrr.

Good job on staying OP! I'll get there - I swear ;)

Chelle

1fralick
01-17-2002, 05:17 AM
Hi all

Still OP

I ran 2 times on the treadmill while walking. I can run for a minute and 1/2 now , It almost killed me LOL.

How is everyone else doing?

Chellefn
01-17-2002, 06:42 AM
Pat - what is your plan of attack? What kind of diet & exercise are you doing?

I need some inspiration!
Chelle

amata
01-17-2002, 08:04 AM
Started a new diet today, and plan to follow it for the next two weeks. It is kinda strict, and probably not that healthy, but I am going to follow-through with it for two weeks to see if you really get the results it claims you do. You aren't supposed to stay on it for more than 2 weeks, according to the book.

Thursday
6 meals spaced throughout the day.
Each consists of 1 oz. chicken
Total for day = 6 oz. chicken = 220 calories
Drink plenty of water - 8-10 cups (So far, I have had 1.5 :) )

It was from a book written in the sixties called The Doctor's Quick Weight Loss Diet. This is the diet entitled Speedy Repititous QWL Diet, a two week program to get you started. Then I will go back to the normal Low-Carb Stuff. Wish me luck. :)

Amy

SQLDiva
01-17-2002, 09:52 AM
3 days OP!! :D :D :D

And the 4th is off to a good start. It's not even 9, and I've already drank 40 oz of water. I won't get any work done at all today for running back and forth to the restroom down the hall!!

I'm struggling with my breakfast ideas. I have to eat breakfast, or my blood sugar drops too low (I'm diabetic and my blood sugar tends to bounce up and down if I don't eat on a regular schedule). But it needs to be something I can take on the go, or eat at my desk because I go work out at 5:30 a.m. and can't eat that early!! Any ideas?

Good luck today everyone! You can do it!!

Ann

KathS
01-17-2002, 11:22 AM
Okay, I'm now 4 days OP!:) :) :) :)

Ann, you go girl! Keep it up!

Amy, a jump start every now and then sounds like a good idea to me. I'll probably need one soon myself (knowing my track record). Go for it!

Chelle, ooooh, Mexican food... I love Mexican food... but I digress... maybe just try to stay on program for one day, don't think beyond that day... just concentrate on the one day. That's the only way I can get through even a single day (and believe me, I know I will not be OP every day, that's a fact, but I'm going to forgive myself and try to start moving forward again... that's my plan anyway). Hang in there, girl!

Pat, you are the man! I mean WOMAN! Awesome! And LOL on the running... I'm right there with you (only worse). If I even try to run one step, I go flying for the ground... and my falls are always quite spectacular, like slow-mo ballet (I never do anything by halves).

Kick it, guys!!!

Kath

amata
01-17-2002, 12:16 PM
Can I hear a "HOORAY!!" for me? I hate water, and today I have already drunk 5 glasses (about 12 oz. each)!!!! I have been writing down the time so I know when it has been an hour or so. Then, if I haven't drunk the cup by then, I gulp it down, go fill up, and write down the new time. I know I will be able to drink 8 - 10 12oz. glasses today! I am soooooooo proud of myself. :)

So, I have gotten the diet down pretty well, am finally doing okay on the water. The final hurdle is EXERCISE. I think I'll worry about that one next week. :)

curley
01-17-2002, 01:19 PM
HI Everyone! This is day 11 OP for me. Monday was our first weeks weigh in (me and my daughter), and I lost 6lbs and she lost 7lbs. I cant tell you how encouraging it is for me to finally have someone to do this with! Plus, having all of you gals for support really makes a difference, I want to succeed like never before. I hope everyone else is motivated, too. We are following the points program from Weight Watchers. If I could just say one thing to Chelle, if you were doing WW you would have been able to calculate the points for your Mex food without feeling like you cheated. I have done ALL the diets before, and this one is by far the best for me. I can really KNOW for a fact how to incorporate any food into my plan. Anyway, I am going away this weekend (I'm seeing the snow for the first time in my 'almost' 39 years- can you believe that??), and my daughter and I have already planned our meals and I feel so peaceful about the food. I know I don't have to worry about it now, and that's such a blessing for me. See ya all on Monday, week 2 weigh in. Good luck everyone.
curley/Christine

1fralick
01-18-2002, 05:05 AM
Hi ALl

Still OP!
I am sorry to have been so brief lately but my work schedule was a little screwd up. I didn't work out yesterday And only got in 1/ 2 my water. UGH But ate OP. I will post individ and responces to morrow.

Just wanted to check in!

Off to teh "ROOM"

Way to go every body!

Chellefn
01-18-2002, 06:19 AM
Curley!! There you are! :)

I think you're right - I need professional help :lol: All this what to eat/what not to eat when I go out is confusing to me.

I hope you and Christine have a wonderful trip! Where are you going to see your snow?

Kath - You are my OP hero! Thanks for the encouragement. It seems like it's just when we eat out that I get so lost. Since school just started, my schedule is HEC-TIC so I eat out more often.

HOOOOOOOOORAY FOR AMATA!!! You go girlie!!! Just think how good all that water is for your body. Hmmm Hmmm.. good water. :)

Hope everyone has a fabulous, terrific, energetic, OP weekend!! :D

KathS
01-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Here goes...

5 days OP!:) :) :) :) :) Hooray! And I had my weigh-in today... and... I lost 5 pounds. Yiipppeeee! Of course, this was the first week, so I know it will be the most dramatic by far. In fact, I don't expect to lose any more than 4 to 5 pounds a month in general. But it's nice to have a good start. (And now I get to change my stats on my signature line... yea!)

Amy... congrats on getting the water in!!! I have a hard time with water, too, so I can really appreciate that challenge! (Of course, I have a hard time with all of it... but I've never been able to stay on top of the water issue.)

Pat and Christine... you are OP goddesses! Keep it up, cause you're inspiring me to get my fanny out there...

Chelle... you have got the right attitude, girl! And that's half the battle (really). Go for it!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Kath
:)

SQLDiva
01-18-2002, 12:11 PM
My OP ended this morning...I guess I could pull it back out, but I feel pretty bad about it right now. I sent my husband out to get gas for my car before work, and he came back with cinnamon rolls.

I ate one. :mad:

PLUS, I didn't go exercise this morning. BAD BAD DAY

back to work now!

Keep up the good work everyone.

Ann
:(

amata
01-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Shame on your husband for bringing back cinnamon rolls. :) I know you feel bad - but make sure you quickly forgive yourself and get right back OP. This second. :) Don't let the whole day go down the tube. I am sure the cinnamon roll didn't do any damage, but if you are sensitive to sweet things like me you'll probably be craving them for the next 24 hours. So be aware, and make a conscious decision to stay OP. One cinnamon roll probably won't affect your weight loss for this week. I'll keep my fingers crossed.