Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #1  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Default Yet Another Bizarre NSV

Why are all of my NSVs such weird stories?

So I go to the drugstore to buy a knee brace (I have odd requirements...I am allergic to neoprene which eliminates 90% of them, and need an open patella, which eliminates 80% of the rest of the ones available, but my physical therapist said he'd seen an open-patella woven cotton/latex brace at Longs, so off I went).

Now, I've had knee issues forever, and always I had to go to specialty stores to find x-large knee braces. Those, even, were pretty tight on me. So when I get to the store, I pull a large, thinking "well, xl's were tight before, so I bet a large will fit well now".

This little old lady next to me (also looking for a knee brace) says "Oh, honey, thats a large. You don't have a large knee. What does your knee measure?" I said I didn't know, so she (wait for it) whips out a tape measure. Turns out I'm at the low end of a sz. medium brace.

So thank you to the little old lady who prevented me from buying the wrong size, and YAY for being able to find regular braces in my size!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I think that's a beautiful NSV! Congrats!
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 08:54 PM   #3  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

That's Awesome!!! I dislocated my knee a year ago so I understand your pain and frustration! Just keep on keeping on until you get clearance to return to your full normal activities and it'll be strong as ever!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

That's funny. I would be the little old lady with a tape measure! Congratulations on the NSV.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

What a great NSV!

Love that the little old lady just whipped out the tape measure. Heehee.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I asked her why she was carrying a tape measure. She just looked at me like I was crazy, and said "you just never know when you're going to need one". It was really funny.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

She's right . . . I always carry a tape measure . . . we little old ladies have our purposes in life . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote