General chatter - Deffinately a FRIDAY

View Full Version : Deffinately a FRIDAY

tamaralynn
10-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow today was a deffinate friday!!

Didn't get a wink of sleep last night. Fell asleep on the bus and missed my stop (had to walk 6 blocks - which isn't usually too bad, but I'm exhausted).

I get to work and I find out that it's going to be a hecticly busy day (very hectic)... (very very hectic).

I can barely keep my eyes open, so I go grab a black coffee. I come back and in between releasing the 80+ exams - I find a HUGE pile of data I have to enter before noon. UGH

So I am workign on this in between releasing tests, more tests are being dropped off at a phenominal rate... and the tech guy comes in and says he has a new computer for me!

SOOO... I have to wait for him to disconnect my other computer... and he accidentally SPILLS my coffee all over the exams (well HECK!).

So I'm sitting there trying to wipe up the mess in between releasing MORE exams... and my supervisor tells me "I NEED a query RIGHT NOW!!!" I tell her that I can't because my computer is being updated... and I'm told... I NEED IT NOW!!!

So I have to run back and forth across the room to release tests and work on the query from another computer.

Once the query is done... it's lunch time.

I go to heat up my lunch, and it freaking EXPLODES in the microwave, and all over my pants when I take it out.

Go back to my desk to grab my bottle of water, and my cover off walks away. So I'm stuck with a huge lineup, no help, sticky pants, soaked tests (students getting angry at me because they have soggy tests) and I'm absoulutely beat.

This day can't end fast enough. Thank god we closed half an hour ago. I got caught up and am now waiting for the last of my students to go.

How was YOUR friday?

Thank GOODNESS it's finally the weekend!

phantastica
10-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Wow, I think you should have called in sick. That day was not meant to happen! And your weekend will be all that much better now!

My day was pretty benign. That's a good thing!

tamaralynn
10-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Ohhh weekend. 10 more minutes :)

phantastica
10-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Any great weekend plans?

Mine are to lock myself inside until I obliterate a pile of paper clutter, fix and get rid of a few computers, and rearrange my living room.

tamaralynn
10-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Ugh!!!

No I'm just going to laze around for the morning. When Todd gets home from work (at around 12) we'll head out to the Pita Pit.

The Pita Pit rocks, they're healther than Subway! They grill the meat and you have the choice of that and any kind of veggies in a pita! Way less carbs too!

We'll grab lunch and head out to Fish Creek Park which is a very large inner city park... with tons of wildlife and huge hiking paths. Probably hike for an hour or two then go see a movie :) Not sure which movie yet. Maybe the newest Resident Evil movie, I love to be scared :)