Support Groups - The Thin Group #72

View Full Version : The Thin Group #72

CJ
01-13-2002, 01:59 AM
Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ

CJ
01-13-2002, 02:05 AM
Please forgive me if I don't stay long ... I will be back to post a longer post soon. I have been sick (flu) and that is why I haven't been around. Actually, I am on my way back to bed now but thought I would check in ... I hope you are all doing ok ... I know I have some catching up to do! Soon .... I need to get back to journaling (thank you Chrissy for keeping up with the food journal posts)! Also need to get the updates up ... maybe tomorrow.

Jo: Need an update please on your weight!

Chrissy: Do you want me to add you to the updates also?

Sandy: Got yours - will add you too.

Oh gosh - sorry, off to bed for me. Later......

Love, CJ

CJ
01-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Am pulling up and bringing over MK's and Sherry's posts from #71:

Originally posted by MK
Hello everyone! The snow has all gone.:o That will probably be all we get this year. I did make a snow angel.:D Someone asked me how I got down to make one. I said: The same as anyone else, I fell down and crawled back up:lol: It was fun!

My son turned 21 today. He is out celebrating! He will be sorry tomarrow:o

Well, I wieghed last week and still weigh 255. I need to get busy AGAIN and get past this 250 mark. I will do it.

I have to go to the gyn doc on the 23. I don't like going. I had to put it off the last few months so it has been over a year since I have been. They want you to make your appt. 8 weeks in advace and it is hard to out think your period or the doc is not going to be in his office during the right time. I guess I should be happy this only comes up once a year:)

Does anyone else suffer from reflux? I take generic zantac everyday. They say not to over eat or lay down for about 3 hours after you eat. They DON"T say what to do if you fall asleep sitting straight up. I said something to the doc last time I was there, but I was sick at the time so he didn't say anything but that was unusal. He put me on the med. and never did any testing to make sure there is nothing else wrong. I think when I go back for my check up I am going to ask him to check the esaphagus to make sure something more serious isn't wrong.
I do know losing weight might make it a little better, but I have met some really skinny people like size 3 or so that have the same problem.

Well, guess I will go for now. Take care everyone. Mary Kay

Originally posted by Sherry
Mary Kay,

Has everyone left us???!!! :lol: I wanted to respond to your post about reflux.

I had surgery last June.I have reflux too.My hospital stay was 6 days!! Over a 6 year period, I was eating tums or rolaids constantly.When I got up to 6 rolls per day, I promised my hubby that I would go to the Dr. She gave me precription medicine (Prilasac...sp) and after 4 months of taking it, I was STILL eating tums or rolaids. When I went back to the Dr. she wanted me to have the Upper GI done, which showed I did have GERD.After that, I had the tube ran up the nose & down the throat (forgot what it's called) And had the scope ran.They said I had to have surgery because I had so many ulcers in my esophagus. When they did surgery, they found that those ulcers were slow growing cancer cells.They removed all 12 of those,part of my stomach & part of my esophagus.

Today,I'm fine.I no longer have heartburn.The only drawbacks from surgery is diaheria once a day, and some foods I have trouble swallowing. If I eat too fast I have hic-ups very bad.(Too much air gets in). Other then these minor things.....No problems!

I'm telling you all this because if I would have waited 6 months longer, those ulcers would have turned to cancer. I cringe every time I hear someone say they have reflux and haven't been to the Doctor.People really don't realize how serious it could be. PLEASE tell your Dr. about it when you go!! If you want to ask me anything, please feel free to. Let me know what he said...ok?

Sorry this post is long & only to Mary Kay.I'm tired but will post again tomorrow.

Goodnight...and Hugs,
Sherry (Sher-Bear):cool:

Motivated_Kitten
01-14-2002, 12:37 AM
Hi Everyone!!!

Where are you all???

So I went to the gym yesterday and busted my butt on the ski machine. Ack, ouch!

I had promised to make Chris ice cream sundaes when he came over last night, but then I got to thinking... So I went out and bought plain vanilla ice cream, which is 140 calories a cup, and diet root beer, ZERO calories, and made him a root beer float instead :D That way I didn't waste my workout on my dessert!!!

Today, I was supposed to get to the gym, but didn't. Bad me! I already feel like I'm slimming down again. I was 150.5 on the scale, so have one more pound to get rid of and I'm back to where I was mid December. Yes, holidays are BAD for me! Hehe.

Least I know I'll get 4 good days of working out this week. I really want to get to 5 days a week, but something always seems to pop up and take one of those days. Grrr. Today, I was all over town. Last week, a medical appointment took 2 1/2 hours instead of the one I was expecting. GRRR. LOL.

Hope you all are doing well.

Jello
01-15-2002, 09:42 AM
Where's my last post? And there was another one after mine too, I know there was!!! They're gone! Come on. It can't be my imagination. I posted about my gain on Saturday and someone (I'm sorry, I don't remember who) posted after me. But the posts are gone!!! :mad:

I swear I'm not losing my mind....

....am I? :?:

Jo

Sassy
01-15-2002, 10:29 AM
Hi guys,
How have all you Thinsters been? I hope everyone is doing good now that the holidays are all over. Thank goodness. I am on my way to work soon so I don't have time to go back and look at all the previous post and address everyone at this time, but I will be back soon to do that. You can bet on it.

Well the good news is that I for the first time EVER in the 3 years I have been on my Weight Watchers program I didn't have a weight gain during the holidays. I can hardly believe, but last Monday when I went in-my weight in is on Monday and we didn't have class for 2 weeks cause it was Christmas Eve and New Years Eve those days. But not only didn't I have a gain, but actually lost .6 lbs and than when I went in again this morning to my WW class I lost another 2.6 lbs as well. That makes 3.4 lbs in the 2 weeks. I am doing the happy dance right now. I am down almost 40 lbs so far and am over half way to my goal now and have to lose 29 more pounds. The good thing about not gaining over the holidays is that every year so far I have gained about 6 or 7 lbs in January and than it takes me months to get it off and than get back on my way back down. I get behind the 8 ball so to speak and it really hurts me when I have that holiday gain. But this time with no gain, it will be easier to get down more and it makes my goal more attainable now. I know that when I went to Michigan when Dad was in the hospital we ate all of our meals out or else grabbed something from the cafeteria and I didn't feel like eating because my stomach was in such a knot from everything happening. Than when we went to Florida to see Tracy, I tried to watch it too and not over indulge. So I guess with all that was going on I didn't exactly have the usual food fest I always have during the holidays with parties and big family dinners too. So I will keep on working on everything and keep on exercising as I have been doing faithfully, which really helps me I feel. But we will see what the year 2002 brings.

Talk to you all later guys, Love you, Sassy Sharon :love:

P.S Hey Jo who's watching your mind?????? You haven't lost it, just misplaced it temporily. LOL

sweet tooth
01-15-2002, 02:17 PM
Ok, Jo, I will back up your theory about the missing messages...I was the one who posted after you. It was a great message, wasn't it?

Anyway, just want to report that I lost another 2.25 pounds last week. That brings me under 140 pounds, so I did reach that mini-goal. Yeehaw!

CJ - Hope you are feeling better quickly. We miss you here.

Sharon - Good for you. I'm so pleased that you are losing weight so consistantly. It will be no time now that you are down that 29 pounds. Over half way to goal is a great accomplishment. Keep it up.

Gotta go, a policeman just walked into my office...

Luv,

Blunder
01-15-2002, 08:04 PM
The scale said 256 this morning! That's three more pounds gone forever!

My MIL (from my first marriage) passed away last Friday. The funeral was today. I had to go by myself (my daughter isn't around anymore), no-one to lean on, no-one to draw strength from, but I DID IT! I hate funerals, so sad to say goodbye to someone you loved. So many people in my life have died in the past 4 years. I feel like an old wrung-out dish rag.

I'm craving food! Anything! I know it's just stress. I'm not really hungry. But it's all I can do to keep my mind on other things and my head out of the frige. I keep reminding myself I have lost 7lbs. already this year and only 56 more to go before the first of next year! I CAN DO IT!

My living room is looking beautiful! A couple more days should finish it. Then I have to start counting my penneys to see if I can afford new drapes and carpet.

My son finally has Allura, (my 12 yr. old grandaughter) on his Navy insurance! Thank Goodness! She is a severe asthmatic and had no medical coverage for quite a while. She has been doing so much better, health-wise, since she went to live with them in Houston, but now she can have all the medical and dental care she needs!

My computer has been giving me fits for the past few days and this morning my server was down. That's just another source of stress! Hang in there Jude, Hang in there! Now I'm talking to myself!

Think I'll just go have a good cry. Then I'll eat some fat free jello!

Hugs, Judy

Sherry
01-15-2002, 11:29 PM
Hi Ya'll.......:wave:

I haven't felt good lately.:( I went to the Doctor yesterday because I'm still having upper stomach pains (attacks).She drew 3 tubes of blood.She's checking to see if I have H-Pylori again.This is the bacteria that causes ulcers.Remember, I had surgery for the SAME thing 1 1/2 years ago.Also...she's checking for Pancreatis.Anyways, I'm trying hard not to worry about it 'til my results come back in about 2 weeks.

I have been staying on plan.This morning, I weighed 181.I started this time at 182......dropped 2 lbs. last week and this week gained 1 lb. back! But that's ok....because I'm walking daily and muscles weigh more.

Judy,
Don't cry! Bless your heart! Sorry to hear about your MIL passing.I know it must have been hard! Congrats on loosing 3 more lbs!!!!! Yep...that's right...3 more gone forever!!!:)

Peggy,
HMMMMMMMMMM.........was that policeman lookin' for you???? :lol: Oh, I know.....He was lookin' for those 2.25 lbs. you lost!!! WTG!!! You go girl!!! I can't wait 'til I see the scales say 140!! Proud of you!!:D

Sharon,
I'm so happy you posted!! I've truly miss you!! I know that you've been so busy.I'm proud of you for staying the same during the Holidays.That took Will-power!!! You've done so good.I wished I had your motivation. I often think of your Dad.Know that I add him in my prayers.I'll write you an e-mail tomorrow & play catch-up.{{{{{ hugs }}}}}

Jo,
Yep....when the server had problems & they had to change over, we lost all the posts from Monday.You're not loosing your mind!! I thought I would play a trick on you & say that they were there...but that would have been mean!! LOL!!!!! :lol:

Guess I'll end here & get things ready for work tomorrow.......I'll post more later...
Goodnight....
Love,

Sassy
01-16-2002, 12:38 PM
Hi guys,
I have to leave for Michigan today sometime. My sister in law Chrissy called me a couple of days ago and said she had to take my Dad, Papa back into the hospital. It seems that he was throwing up blood again. We really thought the medicine was going to work and that everything would be alright and that he had the MALT type cancer, which is a low grade cancer and a bacterial infection. But now they did another scope and the tumor in his stomach is getting bigger. So now Chrissy said the doctors think he may have been misdiagnosed and it may be another cancer, maybe gastric cancer which is deadly. So they did another biopsy, won't know the results for a couple of days. But Chrissy called me today at work and said the doctors said the is still bleeding and surgery is needed right away to remover that tumor and see what else in going on in there.

So it is scheduled for tommorrow sometime so Ken and I are packing and will drive to Michigan to be with him. I feel soooo bad for him and want the best for him and hope that this will help him. We knew some decision had to be made, but with me in Indiana and my other brother in Florida, it was hard. Thank God for Chrissy helping out there. I don't know what I would do without her.

Anyways, sorry to have to go again but I just have to be there to be with him. So I will try to keep you updated. Dad doesn't have a computer, but Chrissy does so maybe she can do that or I can jump on while I am there. Or else I can give CJ a call and she can update you on all of this.

Please pray for my Dad that everything goes ok for him.

Love you guys very much, Sharon

MK
01-16-2002, 10:26 PM
Hi everyone!

Sharon: Will be saying prayers for your dad and your family.
((((((((((((((((((((((( HUGS AND ANGELS)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Judy: We are at the same weight. I better get busy though so I can keep up with you:D Sorry about your ex. It isn't easy at anytime.

Sherry: Hope those test come back with good results.
((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS AND ANGELS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Thank you for your reply to reflux.. I too am taking Raintidine. I also have a prescription for Prilisec. He dosen't want me taking it all the time. I will be going back in a few months for my reg. check up. I may have to go in just for that to see if he will do

some tests. When you said put the tube down my nose, I don;t think I can do that. I would panic. I wonder if that new drug out that sounds like Prilisec would fix the problem. It is advetised on tv that he heals the esphagus. I will have to ask him.

I did do my cardio glide for about 5 min. Not much but I did it. I moved the furniture around to make it easier to get to.

I go to the dreded GYN next WED. I get a mammogram too,. I don['t mind the mam, but I hate the other part. OH well, I guess I will get ;it over with for the year:^:

Well, I better go, my hubby wants on the computer. Take care everyone., Mary Kay

CJ: I hope ;you are felling better:?: Take care of ;yourself.

sweet tooth
01-16-2002, 10:51 PM
Just popping in quickly to say hi to everyone. I won't stay long - I cut the tips of six of my fingers last week and the pain is excrutiating. 12 bandaids later, I can at least type a bit without getting the keyboard covered in blood. Sometimes, I'm just not the brightest...no comments, please.

Judy - So good to hear about your weight loss. I am really concerned about you and the sad things that have been happening in your life lately. I'm praying for you and hoping that you get through this time soon. Take care, sweetie.

Sharon - Sorry to hear that your dad is not well again. Praying that the tests come back OK and that you are able to be a support to him.

Sherry - Good to hear about your weight loss. Not good to hear about your health. Hope everything is OK and that you are able to finally conquer to the problem with the ulcers and reflux.

CJ - Where are you? You must be really sick to be absent for so long. However, I did notice that you were not only able to drive really fast back from the cabin to start the thread, but also get up from having the flu to start the next one. Hmmmm.

Jo - Haven't heard from you since the infamous lost post. Your boss can't be keeping you that busy. Or is it the kitchen. How are the renos coming, anyway? Come back!

Gotta run here. Hubby needs the 'puter. He's teaching an online course and thinks he should have it so that he can conference with his students. Men! Honestly. I'm not sure where I went wrong in training him this past 31 years. I guess we'll need to talk about priorities. LOL

Luv,

Motivated_Kitten
01-17-2002, 01:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

Right before I decided to sign on, my durnable Great Dane decided to jab his @#$% nose into my eye!!! DOGS!!!

I finished my 4 days of exercise with a bang today! :D So now as soon as possible, I'll get to 5 days.

And now, now I am dog tired. ACK!

Motivated_Kitten
01-17-2002, 01:46 AM
Hello Again <blush>

So I forgot what I was posting about in my last post. I'm dog tired because I had to get up at 0530 to get to work for 7 hours, drive an hour to the hospital, see the 'yucky' doctor or the crotch mechanic, however, you would like to term it, and then the gym, then drove an hour out to see my BF who hadn't gotten back from work yet, so I just came home. LOL.

As you can tell, I'm tired, too tired.

Oh yeah, my subject. So I got a Depo Provera shot today and am worried that it will keep me totally from losing any weight. I mean, I can feel muscle building now with the 4 day workout I've been doing (I know! As soon as life would stop interrupting, I'll be doing 5 days!!!) and I hope I didn't just waste all my effort by getting this darn birth control shot. I didn't want to take any pills because they screwed up my sister.

Anyhow, so it's worrying me a little because the Nurse said, "Oh, I think people gain about 10 pounds on the average."

TEN POUNDS!!! :( That would mean I'd have 28 pounds instead of 18 to go!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH! I don't wanna GAIN WEIGHT!!!

Hehe, so I'm tired and blabbing. That's me :lol:

TTYL.

aivlys
01-17-2002, 02:06 AM
:wave: Hello Ladies!

I hope you are all doing well. I know I haven't posted in a while ... so here I am. It's a whole new year to work on a whole new me. A couple of ladies and myself are doing WW. Actually, we have some WW menus that we sticking to. We just started on Monday so I will let all of you know how I do. So far so good. I don't want to weigh myself but I'll let my clothing be my weight loss gauge.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Sharon and Chrissy}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} - I hope Papa gets better. I will pray for him and your family. May God give you the strength you and the support you need to help you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} - I'm sorry to hear about your Mother in Law. You've had quite a year. Please find your strength in this wonderful group of women. God be with you.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{SHERRY}}}}}}}}}}}}}} - I hope that everything turns out OK and you feel better.

A big hello to all the newbies!!! You will love this wonderful group of women, they are a remarkable!!!

Well ladies, it's my bedtime. I will post when I can.

God bless each of you!

Later,

Sylvia

CJ
01-17-2002, 08:05 AM
Good morning everyone. Sorry, just a quickie here to let you know I am existing! This flu bug does not want to leave.

Sherry: I hope everything turns out well for you ... I will pray really hard!

Judy: Sorry to hear about your MIL - just stay with us and we will help you thru.

Sharon: I will be waiting to hear from you about papa. So sorry to hear he is worse. I will be praying for you today. Talk to you soon.

I am going to go and get dressed now, am going to try to go for WI this morning. We got snow last nite, have to clean off the car! lol

Later...
Love, CJ

Jello
01-17-2002, 10:10 AM
But the boss isn't here so the heck with that! :devil: Now I can talk to all the IMPORTANT people.

Peggy, thanks for missing me! Losing posts makes me very paranoid. Don't remember what I said or am doing! :dizzy: I do remember lamenting and agonizing about gaining AGAIN! Sigh. BTW, what did the policeman walking into your office want?

MaryK, I go for my mammogram on Thursday morning! Gyn's not until March though. I don't like either one much but have only had one mam. in the past and still can't quite get used to it. On the other hand, with all my past gyn. problems, I feel like EVERYONE has "been there" ... if you know what I mean. I'll talk to you Friday and we'll compare notes. :lol:

Sharon, {{{HUGS TO SHARON}}} I'll be thinking of your dad and sending prayers and good thoughts your way. Hang in there, sweetie.

Chrissy, you too! The whole family is lucky to have YOU!!! :love:

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL. {{{JUDY}}} Did you have that good cry? It's actually a good thing to do. Feels better afterward and is perfectly OK to do. BTW, good job on the fat free jello too. Another good thing to do!

Tricia, so what does a dog nose look like UP CLOSE??? :lol: Don't know much about Depo Provera but I understand that the Pill can make you gain too, can't it?

Sylvia, good to hear from you. Good luck on the WW plan. It does work if you stick to it. At least, when I stick to it, it seems to work for me. My problem is ... sticking to it.

Queen CJ, get better!!!! That's an order!!!!! Seriously, hope you're feeling much better soon.

Sherry, I already know that I'm losing my mind. Never quite had a firm grasp on it to begin with. :lol: I don't mind. Makes life fun. BTW, have I mentioned that I Love You!??!? I've been so good on walking on my treadmill AT LEAST once a day, usually twice, and couldn't understand why I was gaining or not losing weight. But then you mentioned about muscle weighing more than fat. I should measure myself! I must be doing some good. :^:

Well, I should go. Just because the boss hasn't come in today (he may still show up unannounced - I hate that) I still have a ton of work to do. I don't mind. Makes the day go faster and keeps me too busy to snack.

BTW, for those who were asking, the kitchen renovation moves along at a snail's pace. We finally ordered the patio door on Tuesday ($$$$ YIKES! :o ) and Rich is taking tomorrow off so he can spend a 3-day weekend cutting and hammering and making lots of noise and dust, as men tend to do. Me, I'm just hoping he doesn't have a huge gaping hole in the wall if and when the snow comes. Now that could be interesting..... :rolleyes:

Gotta run. Hope you all have a good one!
Much love, Jo.

SandiH
01-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Hi All,
I thought about 2 weeks ago I was going to start posting again here and I really was trying. But then we had a call and my mother in law who lives in Arkansas had a major medical problem with internal bleeding and we were called to go there. She is better now but has a very long road to go.
I guess the only good thing that came out of it is I lost 1 of the 6 pounds that I had gained over the holidays.Stress and not eating 3 meals a day helped I guess.

To everyone that has lost some pounds, I say good to you. And to those who are still trying but haven't quite made it, hang in there it will happen.

Sharon and Chrissy....I will keep Papa in my prayers and hope thathe isn't in much pain.{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

Judy....My sympathy to you on the loss of your Mother In Law.

I will try to keep up agian now that I am home with reading the posts and posting. Love to all....Sandi

Chrissy
01-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Hi Ladies!!

Hope that everyone is fine!!

Sharon wanted me to post about her father. Papa had his surgery on Thursday. The doctor removed 1/2 of his stomach. Right now Papa is resting and is in alot of pain. We are now awaiting the pathology report on the tumor the doctor removed and also other little lymph nodes that he found attached on the outside of the stomach. Papa does definitely have cancer, but we don't know what kind yet. The report was suppose to be back yesterday......but that is hospital life.........slow. Papa will be staying a minimum of 10 days in the hospital. After that rehab for who knows how long. He will be a sick puppy for quite awhile. Sharon will be taking home her brother Jerry until Papa is on his feet again. I will be following Papa thru the rest of his hospital stay and rehab. When he gets home, I don't know yet. He will be receiving chemo depending on the type of cancer. Sharon is doing OK. She loves her father so. Don't know when Sharon and Jerry will be going home yet. It has been a tough week. It all started on Monday, for myself at least....going back and forth to the hospital. I think right now that a bunch of prayers are needed for Papa. I don't want to see him suffer.

Sandi - Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. Hope that she gets better soon.

Judy - Sorry to also hear about your father-in-law.

This is going to be a short post. Need to wash clothes and get things done around here. Haven't been here. At the hospital all week.

Take care everyone.

Love you all, Chrissy

sweet tooth
01-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Just back from WI this week. This is another week to celebrate a mini-goal. Actually, 2 mini-goals. This week lost 2.75 pounds. That moves me from the overweight category into the normal weight category. Woohoo! The second mini-goal - I have lost 50 pounds so far...well actually 51 pounds, but one of my mini-goals was to reach the 50 pound lost mark. Yes! Yes! Yes!

The Valentine's Day goal is getting closer, too. That's my next mini-goal, so hoping to get there within the next 2 weeks. I'm still trying...

This must be the time for annual check-ups. I go for mine this week, too, along with a mammogram. I have an appointment next week to get the results of the cancer that I had removed before Christmas, so the stress is piling on this week again.

Sandi, sorry to hear about your mil. Hoping that things are improving for her and that she is getting steadily better. Take care of yourself, too.

Chrissy - Thanks for the update. It is very difficult to watched loved ones suffer like that. I'm keeping you, Sharon and papa in my prayers.

Jo - I know what you mean about the mess in the kitchen. We have our kitchen apart, but I haven't ordered counter tops yet, so we are at a standstill. I asked hubby to add some light switches and plug-ins in some of the bedrooms. He tackled that this weekend. So far, we have no lights in 3 bedrooms. Next room... LOL.

You didn't mention your weight loss in any of your posts. How is the program going?

Sylvia - Good to hear from you. Hoping that the WW works for you. I have had great success so far but it has been a lot of work. I have had to plan and organize my life differently, but I think it has been good discipline to accomplish the goal that I have in mind. I have another 15 pounds to lose. It's getting closer and closer. You hang in there, too.

Well gotta go. I did't get any school work done on the weekend. Now it's homework and study time. Fortunately, the boss thinks that I should finish this sometime soon and keeps hassling me to work during the day. Yeah.

P.S. The cop just wanted coffee. He has been assigned to our campus here 3 days a week and has an office next to mine. LOL.

Luv,

Jello
01-21-2002, 01:30 PM
Jo's obsessing. (Go figure. :rolleyes: ) Actually, it's snowing like crazy here and you all know how I feel about driving in that stuff. We had a pretty big snowfall on Saturday and Rich and I were out shopping at the time. I was a little crazed by the time we got home. Now today, we were supposed to have a little rain but it's a blizzard out there. I can't see out to the street. Jo's phobia is showing its ugly head. :devil:

OK, I'll go on to better things. I weighed in on Saturday morning. Down 2.8 lbs!!!!! Woooooo Hooooooo!!!!!!! I was dancing a little there. Quite embarrassing actually but I didn't care.

But the bad news is that I spent the weekend with my "I lost a lot so I get to indulge and celebrate" attitude. And I overdid it. A lot. Got on the scale this morning (I know I shouldn't) and was up something like 7 lbs. Back on track this morning but I'll obsess as usual. I just have to find a way to stop the yo-yo thing I do on the day(s) after weigh-in.

Chrissy, thanks for updating us on Sharon's dad. Please let her know that I'm thinking of her and sending prayers.

Sandi, I'm so glad to hear from you again but sorry to hear your news. Your MIL is in my prayers too.

CJ, how are you feeling these days???

Sweet Tooth!!!!! 51 lbs!?!?! Congratulations!!!! I'm so insanely jealous!!! ;) You go, girlie!!!! Rich took off Friday and put a window in our kitchen. The room already looks so much brighter! I keep trying to turn off the light (yeah, we have those :lol: ) when I walk out but it's not even on! So we've got a window (no trim or much insulation) and not much of anything else. Patio doors are coming on March 15 so we have a little time..... (Famous last words. :rolleyes: )

I have to go. Boss is out in California (poor baby) at a trade show and I'm expecting a call any minute now. He left behind a pile of "I don't want to do this so I'll dump it on my assistant" stuff for me on Friday. Sigh. How much of it have I done so far today? Nuttin'!! Nada!!! Don't wanna!!!

Only 58 days until Spring! How thin can we be by then!?!?! Think about it! :)

Much love to you all!
Jo

P.S. The snow's letting up!!!!! :D

Jello
01-22-2002, 09:44 AM
Anyone here? Miss you guys. :(

I've been really bad this week and it's not looking good for the next few days. Dinner out tonight. Celebration with cake tomorrow at work. Day off with no one to smack my wrist on Thursday. Birthday dinner for dad on Saturday night. I'm scared. One can only withstand so much temptation, you know.

My treadmill's been making really funny noises lately. Rich checked it over last night but we can't figure out what's wrong with it. I can stand the noise (just turn the TV up :lol: ) but I don't want the thing to die on me. I've actually gotten into a routine of walking in the morning when I get up (1/2 a mile in about 15 minutes) and then again when I get home from work (a mile in about 20 minutes). Don't want that to end.

OK, I've rambled on long enough. Come on, you guys! Please post or I'll have to come back here and ramble again.... No one wants that! :o

Love you guys.
Jo.

SandiH
01-22-2002, 11:09 AM
It is rather nice to seem to be back in the normal routine here, whatever normal is. But after wearing myself out with my MIL it does feel good to be back in my own bed etc.
I don't know if I posted it here or not, but we are to be grandparents again. First our daughter thought it was in July, but the ultrasound says Aug.22. She was rather messed up with her time of the month as she was on antibiotics for sinus problems and I guess that weakens the results of birth control pills???? That's what she was told anyway. They have an 8 and a 6 year old now. I am so very excited as are they.
I had a sort of D&C procedure done in Sept and just went for my pap smear the end of Dec. Now I got a call to call them about my results. If they were O.K I would have gotten a letter. So now I have one more thing to worry about.

Sweettooth......GREAT JOB!!!!!!! You have managed to meet 2 goals and losing 51 pounds is a wonderful achievement. You are determined and that helps.

Chrissy.....Thanks too for the update on Papa. Hope things are getting a little better your way. Tell him I said hello please.

JO.......You did well on the 2.8 pound loss when you weighed in. Are you sure your scale is correct and you gained 7 pounds in those few days? That seems like a lot. Maybe it's water or else your scale is out of whack. Funny you mentioned your treadmill making noises. Mine just started too. But when we turned it over we noticed that a plastic covering was loose. Duct taped it and it is a little less noisy.

Off I go to ride the treadmill....I decided to not go back to my health club this month and do it on my own for a bit. So every A.M. I go down and walk for about 2-3 miles before I even shower or get dressed. So far it is working out for me. I do miss my aerobic classes, but I do a video tape when I can so that helps. Love to all....Sandi

sweet tooth
01-22-2002, 06:12 PM
So today is a crisp and cool day - stress the cool. Woke up this morning to -30 degrees and am freezing, to say the least. The news said that it has not been this cold for about 3 years. However, I remember the week last year that the furnace quit...LOL

Honestly, Jo, I'd much rather have the snow. For us, it is a sign that things are warming up. I'm waiting for spring, or maybe a warm trip somewhere. Will need some lights in the bedroom to see the packing, though.

Still no lights. But the electricians at work couldn't find any problems with the wiring. We discovered that it is a faulty switch. Oh bother.

Went to the dr. today for the annual physical. He just about keeled over when he saw the weight loss. He was more interested in the diet, etc. than he was the exam. He says that he has many patients that are overweight but they are convinced that it is the way they are meant to live. He is trying to encourage many of them to lose weight for health reasons, if for nothing else.

He is a very slim man (works out all the time), and I don't think he realizes that you must be in the right psychological state to lose weight. I found that I could make all the New Year's Resolutions in the world, or have the best intentions to lose, but until that something clicked in me last summer, I was not ready to do the work that was required to accomplish the goal.

Sandi - Congrats on the new grandbaby. It is so exciting to be expecting grandchildren. I love the role of grandparent - I can spoil and have fun, then when they are all wound up, I hand them back. hehehe.

Jo - Chin up, girl. Things are not that bad. Sit down as soon as possible and write yourself a plan on how you are going to manage this week. Carry that plan with you, and look at it every time you are tempted. You really need something to help you through this week.

You mentioned that you have difficulty staying OP after you weigh in. Something that helped me with that was to vary my points during the week. I treat myself after weigh in by allowing points at the top of the range for a couple days following, then the couple days before weigh in, I try to limit myself to the lower end. I have found that successful in losing weight, and also in making me feel like I am not totally depriving myself. Try that and see if it works for you. I know the weekends are difficult.

Well, I'm off to do some work. Boss seems to think that I should be productive while I am here. Hmmmm

Luv,

CJ
01-23-2002, 09:24 AM
Good morning everyone. Sorry I haven't been around but it has been really hard licking this flu. It comes and goes and just keeps hanging on! Feeling a bit better this morning - hope it keeps up.

I had lunch with Sharon yesterday. She is doing pretty well. They have gotten the results back and even tho it is cancer, Sharon says it is the lesser of the two types. She will be going back to Indiana sometimes this morning with her brother Jerry. She says to say hello to everyone and will post when she gets home.

Jo: I NEED A weight from you ... I lost count .. I know you had gained but then your post got "lost" before I could note it, then you lost (way to go) so please give me a number ok? Thanks.

Sandi: Congrats on your "new addition" news. I will change your stats to your beginning wt from 1998 ... I just thought you wanted to start from this past January ... sorry.

Peggy: Good job on losing! You're amazing!

Sherry: How are you feeling? Any results back yet? Please let us know. Miss you!

Well, will post again later ... will try to get here more often. Have been working on my recipe website trying to get my recipes added ... have lots to go. Here is my address if you want to check it out .. and remember, I have a page for recipes from readers so would be glad to hear from everyone! www.angelfire.com/mi3/cjsplace/cjskitchenkorner.html

Later...
Love, CJ

Sherry
01-23-2002, 09:30 PM
Hi Ya'll.........:wave:

I'm here.....I'm here!!! :lol: Sorry I haven't posted.Not really much to say.I haven't felt well and I'm waiting for Friday to get here so I can get my blood results.It's the waiting that will drive you crazy!!
I hope that everything comes back ok & that medicine can correct my problems.I leave next Friday to New Orleans to work the Super Bowl and I don't want to get sick there.

Sharon,
CJ said that you were on your way home!! Can't wait to talk to you! I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad has cancer.I will continue to pray for you & your Family.If you need me, please let me know. I know you've had a lot on your mind & very busy...you must be worned out.Are you going to go back to work at H & R Block when you get home? I love & miss you!!! {{{{ Hugs }}}}:angel:

Chrissy,
Thanks for keeping us informed on your FIL (Sharon's Dad). I know that Sharon must feel so lucky to have you in her Family.And HE is lucky too to have you.You're an angel. I know you're worned out too.Those hospitals can make you go crazy.It's amazing how tired you can get.Please take care of yourself and get some much needed rest!!

CJ,
I'm sorry that you've been so sick for so long! But I'm happy to hear that you feel some better.It takes a while to get your strength up.Take it easy & just do a little each day until you are completely well.You could get a set-back easily.Also.....you need to get well so I can start picking on you again!! :lol: LOL!! You miss that huh???!!!

Peggy,
CONGRATS ON LOOSING!! Weigh to go!!!!!!:):) I'm so proud of you as I know you are too!!! I do good for awhile then I pig out!! Why do I do this???? Last night I ate a hot Fudge Sundae and never felt quilty about eating it until I was done...then I felt so bad and mad at myself! Yep...it was good though!! I've got to do better & get with the program.Your motivation helps! Thanks!!

Jo,
I know how you feel!! I get so discouraged with myself but then I think that if we didn't try...we would fail!! If we try & not do good....at least we TRIED!! I'm going to really put my mind to this and work harder!! I've got my walking down to a pat...it's the food that keeps calling my name!! LOL!! Stay strong girl & don't give up! Thanks for posting regularly...you're great!

Sandi,
Congrats on becoming another grandma!! Another one to spoil!! I know you must be so excited to have another baby around. The Principal at my School has a 6 month old that she brings often so we can SPOIL!! I just love him to death and look forward to seeing the new things he can do! BTW....She had this baby (one & only) at age 43!!

Sorry I can't post to everyone else....hubby says it's time for him to get on puter! LOL!!
Luv ya'll.....

sweet tooth
01-24-2002, 05:47 PM
Sherry - Just want to stop in quickly to wish the very best to you. Have a great time this weekend. I'm watching tv to see if I see you. When you see me, wave. LOL.

CJ - Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. Hope to see you back here real soon. I knew that you were working on your recipe site. I was browing it a couple of days ago and rememeber some of the silly recipes that I had in the '70s - like the Wacky Cake. I printed it again and plan to make someday soon. It is so easy. I didn't get all the way through, but want to take a better look soon. Thanks.

Take care everyone. Remember, stay OP. The weekend is coming, Jo.

CJ
01-24-2002, 09:19 PM
Went to WI today and guess what? I was DOWN 1 lb. I am getting over my flu and starting to eat right again and journaling and I feel like I'm getting back on track again. I hope so anyways.

Peggy: I'm glad to hear you were on my recipe site ... but if it was a couple days ago, you have to go back. I've been really working on it the last couple days and have added a lot of stuff. There willl probably be new recipes added every day now - I'm on a roll. Remember, there is a place for "recipes from my readers" ... hint hint.

I will do the updates probably tomorrow morning, as I am so cross-eyed (haha) now from working on my website. I need a "hot CJ's tub bath" and a cup of peppermint tea.

Well, sorry I'm not addressing everyone ... I will next time for sure!

Love, CJ

CJ
01-24-2002, 09:30 PM
Oh what the heck - I posted the updates now. Now I can go soak in my tub bath .... have a good nite.

Love, CJ

sweet tooth
01-24-2002, 11:09 PM
OK, I have nothing better to do than lurk on a Thursday evening. Hubby had a presentation at work to do today, I was supposed to have a work jazz band practice tonight (was cancelled), and then he had to stay at work to entertain a delegation from Asia for dinner. Consequently, I haven't been home from work yet.

CJ's announcing that she's going to bed. Go figure... Actually, I noticed that it is tomorrow where you are and I'm still stuck in today. LOL

I looked at the updates. WOW!!! What a bunch of losers we are. It's great to see that everyone is starting out this year with a bang. I've been trying to eat right (and managed to stay OP so far), but I am finding it a struggle. I am 15 pounds away from my personal goal and it is so close, I keep having to convince myself that I don't need a food treat (binge) to make me feel good.

Hubby promised that he would treat me when I finished losing weight. I knew that I would reach my goal somewhere around Feb. or Mar., so have been hinting that I would like to go to Thailand and lay on the beach - where they come and massage, do pedicures and manicures, etc. - and also where the markets are such fun. HE decided that we should stay home and renovate a bathroom. Men are soooooo romantic sometimes.

Well, last night he asked me when I thought I would reach my goal. When I told him, he got a funny look on his face like the light bulb had just gone (even though we are still without power in 3 bedrooms). I noticed that there has been a lot of travel agency activity today. Fortunately, I look after the corporate travel where we work and can intercept his faxes when he's inquiring about personal travel. He just doesn't know that. I may get that trip to Asia yet. Woohoo. I'll have to figure out how to stop in Korea while in the not so general vicinity - my brother moved there in the fall and is pretty homesick.

Nice to see you back CJ. I'm off to look at the recipes. I just love recipes and cookbooks and stuff.

Take care, everyone. Check in soon.

Sherry
01-24-2002, 11:26 PM
Hello..............:wave:

I know that CJ said that she was going to take a bath & go to bed but it's on #30 now and I bet she'll be right outta that bed to start a new one!! :lol: LOL

Please think of me tomorrow & say a little prayer.I go to the Dr. at 3:00 to get my blood test results.I'm ready for anything.Good or bad, I'll deal with it.I have too much to be thankful for to let it worry me.:)

More tomorrow when I get home.
Good night,
Love & hugs,

Sharon.......I miss you!!!! {{{{ HUGS }}}}

sweet tooth
01-24-2002, 11:52 PM
Stop posting on this thread. Please move to 'The Thin Group #73'

See you there.