Support Groups - Not just any Miscellaneous Club * LOOZING FLOOZIES #31

gdeann
10-12-2007, 12:01 PM
WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF THE FLOOZIES!
A great group of women who are experiencing the up's and down's of life along with the up's and down's of the dreaded scale.
Stop in and say hi, then plan on staying with us as we support and motivate you!

gdeann
10-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi group! I hope it was ok for me to start a new thread since we made the move. I had planned on doing it anyway since Cheryl is away.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Suzy as you struggle through this most difficult day. Words can never express the pain I'm sure your feeling.

I hope everyone is doing well and can HOPEFULLY find us here!

Dee, OUCH! Hefty fine for just not having a license. Sometimes I question our legal system. I would consider a dog bite worthy of a hefty fine. But what do I know.... :-)

Janice, are you fighting off the sugar monster yet? I bet by now you have whipped him silly and on the road to thindom.

I hope our sweetie Cheryl is having fun on her trip. You think little Stew is enjoying all the music in Branson?? :-)

Shelley, I miss not having you around as much but I also know you are very busy. How is life going?

I am at 38 pounds lost and stalling. This is PMS/TOM time, so I'm hoping I will see a loss this next week. I had Allison take a few progress shots of me today. I'm happy with my progress so far.

I also went last Sunday to observe taking Communion to the homebound and residents in nursing homes. It was very fulfilling for me to witness and I plan to go again this Sunday. I will then need to be commissioned and can then be a fill-in when needed. It is amazing to me, the Dementia residents who no longer have a sense of surroundings, short term memory or who people are, can sit and say the prayers by memory without any help.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

Jane
10-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Hello ladies,

I want to :welcome: you to the Miscellaneous Clubs. If there is anything you need, please let Marti or me know, and as your moderators, we'll do whatever we can to help.

Note to Suzy - although I don't know you at all, I, too, lost my dad, so I know how you feel, and my heart goes out to you.

Deelite
10-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Jane thank you for the warm welcome. I am sure many of us Floozies will feel lost for the next while. Sorry to hear about you Dad.

Gayle wow almost 40 pounds. You must look smashing. Can I see the progress shots? Don't worry about not losing anything this week. If you are working at it you will show on the scale soon.

Cheryl, hon when are you getting home? We are missing little Stu!

Suzy how are you doing? I know that it has been a terrible week but we are here for you, that is if we can find you on this new thread.

I have a yummy fall dinner in the oven. It is a rib roast with garlic mashed potaotes, honey carrots, and corn, topped off with pumkin pie all on program.

SuzyMc
10-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Today was the hardest day by far to get through, but we all made it and the service was lovely...my daddy would have been proud.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I know I keep saying it, but I don't know how I could have made it through all of this without the love and support of my family and friends and you all definitely fall into that category! :hug:

Gayle ~ You are doing so great! I need some of your motivation!

I'll be glad when Cheryl gets back too...I hope she'll be able to find us!

I'm going to give myself a few more days and then I am going to get back OP and get this weight back off. You all are going to have to stay on me about it too...no more backsliding!!!

Lynneye
10-13-2007, 07:55 AM
Suzy, take a week or so, just rest, relax and try to do something for yourself. Then we will get on you and you can get on us, to stay OP! This has been one tough summer and fall for you.

Gayle, you have really found your niche with the older folks! I can tell from your posts just how much you love them!

Dee your dinner sounds great!

When does Cheryl get back?

Shelley, how is the foot doing?

I had a gain this week at WW, but not sure it is a true gain. After belly dance class a bunch of us went out to lunch. We had Indian food. Very good, but we sat around most of the afternoon and we were drinking water. Then I went to the WW. I think it was just the water weight and will see how I am doing today. Even if I did gain for the food, the lunch was great fun and great to sit and chat with the ladies from the class!

ShelleyM
10-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Jane! It was very hard to be rejected from our own board:( It's nice to have a friendly new board, though.

Suzy-You should take as long as you need. My prayers are still coming to you.

One of the ladies at school came up late yesterday crying and crying. Her mom had just called to tell her that her uncle had passed away. He lived 2 doors down for her. Please pray for her also.

Gayle-How nice of you to make the home visits. You are a dear angel. You are doing wonderful on your plan. There has to come a stall at some point. I'm sure it will start going down again. Hey, at least you still get TOM :)

Dee-How are the newlyweds doing? We haven't heard much about them.

Cheryl-I hope you are having a nice trip with mom.

Debbi-You are doing great on the exercise board. My foot is feeling so much better! I'm going biking in a few minutes and will be posting my ride in a couple of hrs. when I'm back.

Janice-How are doing?

Carol, Sherry, Debbie, Ramona, I hope you all come back and find us soon!

Marti
10-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Hello Ladies :wave:

I hope we can make you feel at home here in the Misc. Clubs. :grouphug:

As Jane has already mentioned, if there is anything that you need or questions that you want to ask, please don't hesitate, give either Jane or I a holler and we'll do the best that we can.

We both want the move here to be a pleasant experience. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

Glad to have you with us!

ShelleyM
10-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Marti.

We are going to Tampa today for Becky's sorority parent's brunch. We have to be there by 10:30, then back in Ft Myers by 6:00, since Patty need to be at work by 6:30. Whew!

Yesterday, I went with Patty to David's Bridal for her friend's bridemaids to try on dresses. They are going to be beautiful. Of course, Patty looks gorgeous in all of them. All the girls are adorable. Her friend will be 18 when she gets married in March. They are just babies, but the wedding will be very nice. Here is the link to the dress:

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_bycolor_detail.jsp?stid=2656&sid=10046&cfid=48

coles
10-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Thank you Jane and Marti for the warm welcome. Give us time to adjust to our new surroundings and you will find a wonderful supportive group of gals.
Suzy - My heart goes out to you and you and yours are in my prayers.
Gayle - You are doing great, just stick with the program and you will make that scale move. I think sometimes our bodies take a bit of adjusting to the changes we are making.
Dee - Yummmmm!

ShelleyM
10-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Would you believe we got home yesterday from our trip to Tampa and Becky called us to say her car was towed from her apartment. We used my car yesterday and never noticed hers missing. They said she was over the line in the parking space. $185.00 later, she was able to get the car. She is picking up pictures this morning to see proof of how far she was over the line. We want her out of there and into the sorority house. We took the elevator up to her apt. and there were 2 open beer cans with pee all over the elevator floor. She says welcome to college life. Yuck!!

4myloves
10-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm Back!!!

I share the disappointment in losing our forum. There was no advance warning to me, as moderator, either--I found out the same way you all did. Oh well, c'est la vie, right?

Mom and I had a great time in Branson.

On the way home Stewart called me and told me my cousin (and next door neighbor) had been calling every night for me but wouldn't tell him what she wanted. I called her when I got home and she asked me if I was wanting to give my dog away since I wasn't taking care of him anymore!!! I was like, WHAT?? She said he's always at her house and eating their dog's food, so it's apparent I'm not feeding him anymore. First of all, I feed that glutton twice a day, same time, every single day. Second, she feeds all the strays in the community, so there are always at least three dogs (besides mine) at her house---I CANNOT compete with all that "dog company". I told her to quit feeding him and tell him to "GET!!" She said, "but I feel sorry for him, he's so skinny." He is NOT skinny! He's a Weimaraner, and he's the perfect weight for his breed type!

Sheesh.

Suzy, I'm so sorry about your dad. I may check in to what you PM'd me about.

SuzyMc
10-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Welcome home Cheryl...you have been missed!

Wow Shelley...I guess they are serious about parking down there! :eek:

I guess we are now trying to figure out what normal daily life is going to be here. The girls are coming back tomorrow and today I'm trying to get my house back in order. It's just going to seem so strange not to be spending every free moment at my parent's house. My mom has this week off of work and is going back to work next Monday and my sister starts back to work on Saturday.

ShelleyM
10-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Suzy-Is your mom staying alone, or will she be moving in with you?

Cheryl-Welcome back! You and your mom always have a nice time on your Branson trips, don't you? That does seem ridiculous about the dog:)

alinnell
10-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone. Sorry I've been so quiet but it's been very busy here at work.

Suzy~I'm truly sorry for your loss. Take care.

Cheryl~dogs! My buddy used to purposely "get lost" so that my neighbor would take him in for the day--they free feed their dogs (3 of them) and Buddy would end up eating every last morsel of their dogs' food! No wonder he had a weight problem! My other dog knew better and she wouldn't follow him through whatever hole he managed to break in the fence!

Shelley~what sorority is your daughter in? Oh, how I remember those days! My DD has no intention of joining a sorority when she gets to college--she'd rather be a band geek!

My in-laws arrived back in town for the winter and we had a great weekend catching up. Now I need to start thinking about a Thanksgiving menu. Seems like just a short while ago when I was talking about all the pies I would be making for last year's celebration. This year I am hosting, so I'll have a lot more work to do.

DD and I went Saturday for her senior high photo shoot. The photographer is a friend and I think he went the extra mile with her! Over 200 photos in 2 hours! She posed in a variety of outfits including her band uniform (and with several of her instruments). I can't wait to see the proofs.

DH and I went to a wine and hors d'oeuvre party at the Bighorn Golf Club (the party was in conjunction with the Samsung golf tournament there this past weekend). We got to see two of the newly completed homes there (in hopes that someone in the crowd would make an offer on the homes--not us! $11million just isn't in our budget.). We had a good time marveling at the workmanship and the view from these homes. It was also interesting people watching. Why would a middle aged woman dress to flaunt her newly augmented 38EEEEE breasts? It just wasn't right in so many ways!

Gotta run. DS's after school club was canceled and I need to pick him up.

ShelleyM
10-16-2007, 06:42 AM
Allison-My DD's senior pictures were done at the beginning of the summer and she has them already. I can't believe they did them so early here. They were $300.00. I hope you have better luck with the cost than I did!
Becky is in Kappa Delta. Patty has no intention of joining a sorority when she goes to college.

4myloves
10-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Everybody check your PM's!

gdeann
10-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Cheryl, I PMed you back!!! Glad you had a nice trip!

Shelley, Liz's pics were about that amount too. They turned out really nice. I hope Becky is able to get the parking thing all straightened out.

Dee, I'm not even sure if I want to discuss wedding plans. I assumed as times are changing maybe the grooms family would want to chip in too. NOTTA! We are paying for everything.... and stuff is three times higher then I expected. I don't mind paying, but I do mind the grooms mother making helpful suggestions (because I'm young/stupid) if they are not helping out financially. PLUS we have two young adults who seem to think it will all magically appear and everything will be done. Not one ounce of wanting to pre-plan etc. Can you tell I wish I could crawl under a rock? I told Steve they have no worries because they both KNOW we will take care of everything and not let something happen to ruin the big day. Well, enough griping for today!

Deelite
10-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Shelley the dresses for the wedding our beautiful. Very similar color to the dress I had for Jason's wedding. The bride sure is young. I was only 17 when I got married....lol
That sucks about Becky's car. Hopefully she can fight it and get off from the fine.
Her place sounds discusting. When Dez stayed in the dorm the shared girls bathroom was gross. I wouldn't even use it. They also had shared showers.

Cheryl it sounds like your cousin has to much time on her hands. Let her know that you don't want her to feed your dog.
I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Branson with your mom. Did you go see any shows?
Check your message box.

Suzy where does your mom work? How is she coping?
I am sure that it will be difficult time for you. Once you get some sort of routine going at home it will be a little easier.

Allsion our senior photos are taken in the school just like any other years pictures except they get pics of them with flowers and their gowns on. It isn't that much of a bigger deal. They are still expensive to buy the packages though.
Sounds like a pretty splashy party you went to. What did you wear?

Gayle.....weddings.....put a pencil in between your teeth. It will make you smile. lol
We payed our half of the wedding but didn't have any imput into it. The kids wanted to plan everything. Well maybe I should say Ashley wanted to plan everything. Her mom helped with some of the decisions.
I am surprised the kids don't want to plan their wedding. I can see you being miffed at the in laws for suggesting things and not even offering a dime. I hope that their gift to the kids will make up for it.
I am sure that the wedding you are planning will be 2 to 3 times the price of our kids wedding. The meal for 100 people was $2200 and the booze was $1600. I think that the music was about $300. Are you have a dinner and dance? If there is any advise I can give you ask away? I won't offer you any since I am not paying for the wedding......grin!

My back was really bad last night that I missed many hours of sleep. I caught up on them this afternoon when I took a long nap...zzzzzzz
Larry and I are going to look at bathroom sinks tonight. I want a bowl sink. It will be nice for a statement piece but not only that it is high so it will be easier for me to use because of my back.

Are any of you ladies on facebook? I got a wonderful surprise this weekend when one of my dear friends found me. We were neighbors over 20 years ago. She was just a kid but I loved her and her sister like my own girls. She lives in Paris. I am just going to send her a message now and fill her in on what has been happening with us the last 20 years.

Have a good day and keep posting.

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 07:47 PM
My friends daughter is haveing her senior pics done at walmart ( so is someone else but I am not allowed to say whom). She said they want better they can pay for them lol. I said hey they take good pics. Don't break the bank for your mom and dad.

gdeann
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
The wedding will be later in the afternoon Dee. we will then go to a hall and have the reception, dinner & dance. We have a local D.J from the radio station doing the music and I plan to try and prepare most of the food myself the day prior to. Liz is a procrastinator big time and guess what? Hubby to be is too... they KNOW we will take care of everything. Joy, joy... Don't worry, feel free to make suggestions and I won't even expect you to chip in!! LOL! We have a local seamstress making the dresses, so we can wait until after the first of the year for those. I found the dress I think I want other then it is a long formal, I'm not sure at my height if I could pull it off or not, I may look like a kid trying to play dress up. Here is a link:
http://www.jordanfashions.com/products.asp?nCatID=1&nProductID=591&nPhotoID=14772 I would probably go with the Amethyst or Victorian.
What do you girls think????
The pic isn't that clear, but it is satin with a chiffon overlay/jacket that buttons at the waist area.

Shy Moment
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh what a pretty dress.

Deelite
10-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Gayle I think that the amethyst color would look the best on you. Did you know that for us short ladies a full length dress makes us look taller and leaner? I love the style. It is hard to see that their is a jacket, it looks like a one piece. When the jacket is removed is it a strapless dress or does it have straps?
You are fortunate to have a DJ plan for you. The music will be awesome. Our kids got married at later in the day too. They had only 1 hour for pictures before the reception. It was a bit tight but better for the guests as they didn't have much time before cocktails.
I can't beleive that you will be preparing the food. Gayle the one that doesn't enjoy cooking......what are you planning on making?
Oh boy, to procrastinators, that will be an interesting challenge as they become one.

Rennie I agree that Walmart does take great pictures for a great price.

Well Larry is calling to me if I am ready for the nightly ritual of our hot tub splash so I better run.

ShelleyM
10-17-2007, 06:48 AM
Gayle-The dress is beautiful! Remind me..when is the wedding? I just found out that my neice is getting married in May (in New York,) and my nephew is getting married in June. I don't know if we will be able to make the NY trip, but Shane's is in Sarasota, so that will be no problem. The engagement party is in December, right after my boss's son's wedding in Orlando, which I will be attending on Dec. 15. So much love in the air!!

Dee-You have been in so much pain for so long. I hope your back feels a bit better today.

4myloves
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I remember Sr. pictures. I paid for my own. Made a down-payment and then paid them out by the month until I could pick them up. I don't remember how much the cost was, though. Of course, that was 14 years ago.

Not much going on here, just wanted to check in.

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Dee
I didn't mean to sound cheap. Like I told my son, we are not rich. I remember in high school there was a girl that spent 5 times as much on her pics as I did mine. Hers didn't look any better than mine lol. There is a tradition i our family that this pic is a formal pic, showing the child has now gone into adulthood. He is going to be wearing a suit and tie. If I wanted pics on a rock, beside a tree or anything else. I could take them myself. This is a pic I will have hanging in my living room for the rest of my life. He thought about it for 1/2 a min and said ok, what ever you want. What do I care. I will pass a few out and never bother with the rest lol. The girl said the same thing to her mother lol.

alinnell
10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Gayle~the dress is beautiful!

Dee~I wore black slacks and a black/white/pink blouse--nothing spectacular. I dressed pretty much like the majority of the people there. It was a nice party but so many people! I think there were over 300! No "real" celebrities that I could discern, but definitely a lot of $$$money$$$!

As for Dana's senior photos--she could get the regular photos at the high school--they devote a whole week for doing the seniors (they make appointments for them from 7 AM until quite late at night), or they can get their own. I chose to do my own because I know the photographer and I know his work. Also, because of the charity group we belong to, he does something special for us--we have a presentation show in the spring for the senior girls and he supplies the digital photos for our program at no charge. He also helps us with the invitation and the group photos and he serves as photographer for the event. I think his prices are reasonable (at least for the sitting fee). For the group photo, he charged $150 (12 girls). He did several group shots and then several more individual shots. One girls couldn't make the shot due to a funeral (she came the following week) and he digitally inserted her in the group photo and you can't tell at all! (When I get my copies in a few weeks I'll post them.) For the $150, we also get a huge poster-sized photo for display. For the individual photo shoot, I paid $85 (for 2 hours) and he gives includes 11x17 photo which we display at the presentation show. All the other copies will have a price BUT he usually does something special for the kids he knows well (like Dana). I've seen collages (which is what she is hoping for) using several of the photos in the shoot. That's why she brought along all her instruments and so many different outfits. I'm sure he'll come up with something extra artistic with the shots he took (I'll find out tomorrow).

Deelite
10-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Allison wow taking senior pics is a big event. It is almost as big of an event as a wedding. I am anxious to see Dana's pictures. They should be beautiful because she is a gorgeous girl.
The party you attended did sound like there were a lot of high rollers, too bad there wasn't someone famous like Arnold or Tom or Weslie.

Rennie I had a good laugh over your comments about taking pics by the rock or tree. Our family only puts pics up for about a year and they they are changed.

Shelley thank you for the well wishes. I try my hardest to do what is best for my back. I can't even imagine what I would be like if I was heavier or didn't swim or do yoga. Those are the two exercises that help the most. I do a lot of walking, and a bit of jogging, and also lift weights.
You sure have a lot of big events coming up. It always seems to go that way. There maybe nothing for a year or two and then bang you are out every second weekend.
How is the prospects going for Mike and employment. I hate to ask but I want you to know that I am praying for a job for him.

Cheryl thanks for checking in. You were an independent girl. Good for you. How have you been feeling?

Just about lunch. I better go get it ready.

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Dee
Is a tradition. Senior pic hangs forever. My mother still, to this day, has mine and my sisters hanging in her living room. My grandmother had all her children's senior pics in her living room until she died. All other pics change, those stay forever.

4myloves
10-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Dee
Is a tradition. Senior pic hangs forever. My mother still, to this day, has mine and my sisters hanging in her living room. My grandmother had all her children's senior pics in her living room until she died. All other pics change, those stay forever.

Awwww.....I like that tradition. Like you said, it is almost like a rite of passage from childhood into adulthood.

ShelleyM
10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Dee-Thanks for asking. Mike still hasn't found a job. Things are really tough. He went to a job fair today. Gosh, I remember when you didn't have back problems. How long has it been since your pain started? It seems like maybe 3 or 4 years now. Has it been that long? I really feel your pain.

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
HEY HEY HEY

Thought I would let everyone know. We are going to the Columbus Zoo this coming Sunday, October 21.

Anyone that lives in Ohio, or any where else for that matter. Please catch a ride, go by plain, train or auto. Put your walk in for the day lol. Come to the zoo. Wouldn't it be a great place to meet each other. Going to be special Halloween things there I guess. Should be lots of fun.

The place is open from 8 am to 8 pm. Admittance is 10 dollars under 2 is free I think. Parking costs 5 dollars per car.

See you there.

SuzyMc
10-17-2007, 10:16 PM
Gayle ~ The dress is beautiful! I don't see any reason why it wouldn't look fantastic on you!

Shy ~ I grew up just outside of Dayton, Ohio and have been to the Columbus zoo many times! I'm kind of far away for a trip to the zoo now though. Have a great time!

Dee ~ Mom is a receptionist in a doctor's office. We're all doing ok...we have moments, but it's going to get easier with time. Like you said, figuring out a new routine is going to be the hard part.

coles
10-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Gayle - the dress is beautiful. I think it will look great on you. Very elegant.
Dee- I do pilates everyday which seems to help with stiffness in my back. I don't have the kind of problems that you do but my arthritis affects my back sometimes. I would like to try yoga but not sure if I how enough flexibility to do it.
Cheryl - Look at our little guy growing. It seems the time is going fast. Are you still having morning sickness?
Good Morning Everyone out there in Floozieland.

Shy Moment
10-18-2007, 12:14 PM
The leaves are finaly changing. Should be a pretty ride to the zoo this weekend.

Suzy
I live on the other side of the world from Dayton. Akron area lol.

gdeann
10-19-2007, 10:41 AM
Janice Poo... check your PM :hug:

Shy Moment
10-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Thought I would check in before I start getting things done around here. Have 2 extra people in the house starting tomorrow afternoon. They are just going to stay the night since they are going to the zoo with us. So, better get things done. Will make everyone help make sure ever thing is finished up before we all go to bed tomorrow. Chat later.

Deelite
10-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Rennie have fun at the zoo. Most of our leaves have fallen. We will do one last racking this weekend if it stops rainning.

Janice most people that try yoga for the first while are not flexible. It is why people start taking it, because they have lost their flexablity. You will notice after doing it a month or so that you have become much more flexible and better balance. The class I do is a mixture of pilates and yoga.

Suzy hugs sent to you for the weekend. Take one in the morning and one in the evening before bed.

Shelley my back has been sore for 4 years. In the beginning of december it will be 3 years since my last back surgery.
I am sure you understand the suffering from back pain as you see Mike deal with it daily.
My girlfriend dropped off some info on lazer therepy............anyone here of someone having success from it? I think that I am going to give it a try.

Tonight we are going to Shakespere in the ruins. Dez got some tickets from work for the performance tonight. It should be fun. Something different to do.

Enjoy your weekend.

Shy Moment
10-19-2007, 06:25 PM
dee
I have back pain all the time since I was in a car accident about 30 years ago. Not much they can do about it since it is soft tissue damage I guess. If I understood them right. I walk, I talk, I make the kids do chores lol, such is life. Hope you find something thats helps to relieve your pain.

gdeann
10-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Dee, I'm sorry, been meaning to ask you... what is Dez doing now? I remember she had a few interviews setup about a month or so ago. It seems like forever you have been fighting the back pain. Were you ever able to have your heart test??

SuzyMc
10-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Has anyone been having trouble getting pages to load here the past few days? The board has been so slow...it's still slow for me tonight, but at least I can get pages to load and hopefully I'll be able to post this...

Thanks for the hugs Dee! :hug: Yesterday was a bad day for me, but today was better. I guess it's going to be like that for awhile.

Happy weekend everyone!

Shy Moment
10-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Suzy
From time to time the site loads real slow.

gdeann
10-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Hello friends!
I have an announcement to post. After careful consideration, I have decided to leave the 3FC site. I consider each of you a dear friend and it saddens me to leave. I have tossed around the idea since we were moved into the smaller groups. Some of my reasons for leaving are listed below:

We were not contacted prior to the change, which it would have been nice to know a change was expected.

Cheryl, as moderator was not notified of the change as far as I know. She should have been given the common courtesy of knowing what was about to take place. After all of her devotion and hard work, I feel they could have discussed the change with her and then she could of discussed it with us.

Cheryl is no longer our moderator… enough said…

I have had PM’s “screened” and context removed if it contains a link.

We are not allowed to post other links in our postings, which is really not that big of a deal, but I feel we should be able to discuss and post links to other sites.

It saddens me to leave, but just know I have most of your emails, etc. and I will stay in contact. I can’t believe after 7-8 years here it has reached this point.

I wish all of you the very best life has to offer and know I am not leaving because of any problems with the group.

God bless!!! Gayle

Suzanne 3FC
10-20-2007, 05:14 PM
Gayle, I'm sorry the changes have upset you, it wasn't our intention. :( We haven't asked any groups to disband, we' just asked you to post here instead of there.

The guidelines for a group having a dedicated forum require a large and very active group. Both of the forums in question used to be very busy with many members, but have gradually tapered down into very small groups. Each of the two forums in question had around 6 months of posts on one page. We frequently get complaints from new members that our forum is too large and confusing because we have so many forums. We've tried to make it more user friendly by closing out the forums that have reverted to small groups and have done this a few times over the last couple of years. We've made a lot of larger changes over the last few weeks, including restructuring the layout of the main diet forums.

We've been contemplating closing these forums for a long time and hoped they would pick up, but unfortunately it didn't happen. The final decision to do so on the day we did was on the spur of the moment, as described above, since we were making some major changes anyway. The timing seemed right to us from an administrative view. It is true that we didn't give advance notice, like we normally do, but we were in the process of moving the other forums around anyway and decided to take advantage of the overall changes for a variety of reasons and go ahead and finish it up now instead of later. We sent a PM to every person that participated in the 2 forums affected to let them know, as an alternative to a forum post. There were only 3 members in one forum, plus a mod, and I think 6 members in the other forum plus 2 mods. Obviously we didn't need 3 mods to watch over 9 members, you aren't a mischievous bunch :lol:

I don't know what you are referring to with the PMs being screened, though, because we don't and can't see or screen them. If someone posts a link or a word that has been added to the forum censor then it will be automatically censored in PMs as well. It's programmed into the software. Otherwise, you are free to discuss whatever you like or link to anything you want in PMs. We don't have the ability to see your PMs.

We really don't want you to leave, and hope you'll reconsider. I'm truly sorry the changes upset you in this way :(

gdeann
10-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Thank you Suzanne for the response. I CAN understand moving us, which is perfectly ok since we are a small, inactive group. I do feel Cheryl was treated unfairly. She should of, as moderator had some advance notice instead of coming to the board and finding out the same way all of us did. We didn't have a chance to save any of our bio or birthday threads, which we can always start over, but it would of been nice to have the opportunity to save if the group desired to. Cheryl has made a WONDERFUL moderator and I feel she was not given the chance to voice her opinion in the matter. I'm not sure what went on, but I am assuming she was not told of the change until we were.

I assumed PM's were being screened because I sent one with a link attached and the person on the receiving end had the link deleted. My misunderstanding, it must of been the censor in the software program.

ShelleyM
10-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Gayle-I hate having to lose my close knit group of friends. I'll follow you wherever you go. I am sorry this has happened. We have all been through so much together. I did notice that when that memo was PM'd, it did not go to quite a few of those who have been around here for years, and that pop in now and again. I'm really surprised that 3FC didn't respect that, since many of us have been loyal to them for years.

SuzyMc
10-21-2007, 10:58 AM
I agree...the whole move was handled poorly. Not only was a lot of our group information lost, but I'm also afraid that a lot of our friends who only check in now and again have been lost as well.

Suzanne 3FC
10-21-2007, 08:01 PM
You are right, Suzy, it was handled poorly and I'm sorry :( We had a lot of things going on at once, and as mentioned before it seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but we see now that the timing wasn't right. Hindsight is 20/20 :( We agree that Cheryl has been fabulous, as have the other moderators. Gayle, Cheryl was out of town when the changes were being made, so advance notice wasn't really an option. Jennifer was on her way out of town, and we were rushing to finish up everything at once. We see now that a hasty move wasn't the right way to go, and I'm truly sorry :(

We've posted a sticky in the main support groups forum to alert anyone that hasn't been around lately of the move, so they'll know where to come to. I hope that helps a little.

coles
10-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Gayle - I know how you feel. I wonder if the other group that was small feels the same way we do. We are friends and I share things with our group that I don't feel I can share with others. Not sure what I'm going to do now but I might just leave altogether too. I will check back for a while and see if things change. Cheryl was doing a great job for us and must feel deceived.

Deelite
10-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Girls I am lost in Floozie Land............

alinnell
10-25-2007, 03:03 PM
Don't be lost! We're here.

Deelite
10-26-2007, 12:57 AM
Hey Allison is it just you and moi? Opps excuse my french.
Not much happening here any more. I miss my friends.
It has been such a quiet week.

What is happening in your neck of the woods?

I had spainish lessons tonight. Killed a few brain cells. It is hard to learn new things when I haven't been to school for years. We are into verbs right now.....YUCK.

Time for the hottub. It will be beautiful out there, it is a full moon.

Have a good night.

ShelleyM
10-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Dee-It appears all the Floozies have flown the coop because of not having our own board anymore. I have chosen not to have an exercise thread anymore, since this has happened.

coles
10-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
I have been checking in everyday but there wasn't anybody here but me. I'm still around and guess we should just adjust with the change. We have been friends for too long to just disappear. I hope the rest of our group will have a change of heart and come back.
Dee - the weather here has been above normal. Has been wonderful!

Deelite
10-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Janice the weather here has been beautiful too. Yesterday it was 19 out. Today though the forcast is only going to be 10 but sunny. More like normal.

Shelley you hanging around too. I am glad, I miss this board and I can't seem to find any posts on that other board by our friends. Is there some where else you can log your exercise?

Allison we are definitely going to need your imput or I will be talking to myself.

Girls I really miss the Floozies!

Who else is out there?

SuzyMc
10-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Like Janice, I've been checking in everyday, but there hasn't been any activity, so I just skip posting anything. Plus, I'm still having a hard time getting pages to load here and it's a real challenge to post. I guess I'm just frustrated with the whole thing.

alinnell
10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm here!

We're dealing with the smoke from the fires today. The Santa Ana winds died down and the regular onshore flow began which brought humidity and cooler temperatures so the fires are starting to get contained. The Santa Anas blow all the crap out of our valley and gave us beautiful clear blue skies while the fires were at their worst. Once the onshore flow starts up we get the Los Angeles pollution. Today our skies are a brownish gray and the sun is an orange/red/brown fireball. We can't see the mountains and it really stinks out there. Can't complain though--the other side of the mountain is much worse, I imagine.

I bought some homemade tamales and we had them for dinner last night. I'm sure that is one reason my weight is up.

Deelite
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Suzy I haven't had a hard time with the website. The pages are loading up fine for me. Please keep trying, I know that computers and websites can be frustrating.

Allison I forgot that you might be affected by the fires. I am sure glad that you are safe. It is really sad about how many families have no place to call home.
I have never had a tamala even though I vacation in Mexico. What is it?

How do you ladies feel about setting up our birthdays again? I think that we should so we don't miss out on anyones birthday.

Time for a nap and an advil my leg and hip are hurting pretty bad.

Lynneye
10-26-2007, 08:36 PM
I am also checking every day, but haven't been posting. Just got home from weigh in and I lost 0.4 pounds this week. I was shocked as I really thought I had gained.

Suzy, any word on how Travis and Noell are doing with the fires?

Allison, so glad you are not affected by the fires. I love Mexican food!

Dee, hope your leg and hip feel better.

Janice, glad to see you!

Who else is still around?

SuzyMc
10-28-2007, 01:37 PM
Travis and Noell were on stand by for evacuations and were without power and phones for 48 hours because of burnt power lines and blown transformers, but they never did have to evacuate. Travis was called in one day to help fight fires and when he got home he said he was very glad that he was an MP and not a fireman! All seems to be calm now and most of the fires on base are either out or contained.

I am still having a horrible time getting into our little Floozie forum. I can get as far as the Miscellaneous Clubs list, but 90% of the time when I click on the last page of the Floozie forum it won't load. :?: Then on the off chance that I can get in and reply I get an error page after I hit the submit reply button and the reply doesn't go through. :mad: I've learned to type my replies into a blank email and copy and paste here because I've lost so many replies in cyber space. :dizzy: This had been going on ever since we were moved. I haven't had any trouble with other sites, so I just don't know. I did go through and do routine maintenance on my computer...defrag, clean out temp files and cookies, etc. on the off chance that it was the problem, but I don't see a difference. Anyone have any suggestions?

coles
10-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi Suzy - maybe our new moderators have some idea what is going on.
I am getting so many pop ups I have a hard time getting to our site too.
Have been working all weekend so am looking forward to a couple of days off.
Dee - We have had a lot of rain but today is a beautiful fall day.
Everyone in the fire area - stay safe.

alinnell
10-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Once you are in the thread, you can click on Thread Tools and then choose to subscribe (I subscribe to everything but with no email notification). Then when you sign onto 3FC you click on UserCP and you'll get a list of your subscribed threads that have had new comments since your last signon. It's very easy.

SuzyMc
10-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks Allison, I subscribed to the thread and will see if it makes it easier to get in.

Jane
10-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Well, darn. Since some of you have no problems getting the pages loaded, and others do, I don't know what can be wrong. :dizzy: If you still have trouble after coming in through the subscribed list, let me know. That should make loading much easier, though. I sure hope it does!

Because this site is free to everyone, the ads help pay the bills. Gotta have commercials, lol. There is an option, for a small fee, to go ad-free, if you don't have your own popup blocker. Go to your userCP, then scroll down and you'll see the link on the left. There's even a one week trial for just a dollar. Just a thought. :)

Deelite
10-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Suzy I don't have any trouble loading up this site. I wish I could help you. I am glad that Travis is safe.

Allison breath easy.

Jane thanks for helping Suzy out. Hopefully it works.

Janice we had a decent day here. It was 14 and tomorrow is suppose to be about the same or a little higher. We have to enjoy the above normal temps while we can. We know what is heading our way.

SuzyMc
10-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Thanks Jane, but I don't think the ads are my problem. I'm still not sure what the problem is...maybe I'm just trying to post at a high traffic time? Anyway, I did as Allison suggested and also changed the thread option to show the last post first and that seems to have helped. Now to see if this post goes through on the first try...

SuzyMc
10-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Ha! That worked...maybe the problem is solved! Now I'll just have to get use to reading the threads backwards. :dizzy:

Dee, please tell me those temps are celsius and not fahrenheit!

Deelite
10-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Suzy.....lol yes they are celsius my dear. Right now since it is still cool in the morning it is 4 C or about 39 F. It should be in the 60's this afternoon.
I am glad that you were able to load up. Do you have trouble with any other sites on the internet? It sounds internal, but what do I know.....I can't even figure out how to posts on other sites.

So what is everyone up to today? I am just heading for my weigh in at WW's. I think I am up a pound or two but still under goal. I better smarten up. Every sept to nov I gain a bit a weight and usually lose again and maintain come Jan.
After weigh in I am going for a swim. This day is out of routine for me because I go downtown for weigh in and then swim at a different Y. It is much later than I leave home. I also will miss my aqua fit that I do before swimming and my walk.

Tomorrow morning we are getting 10 windows delivered. We are planning on replacing all our windows by next fall. These ones are for our sunroom and three for our piano windows. Our windows are original which means they are 80 years old. Not to efficient.
Allison we could have use your help with the windows......they are actually inserts so it won't be as hard as the large garden room window we installed last summer. At least I am hoping.

Well time to get ready. I don't eat or drink before I weigh in. Now that is just plan dumb, but I always do it because I don't want the scale to move up. Like it is fat weight, huh. Any of you weigh yourself in the morning after you pee? How about do you do that if you have a weigh in somewhere?

SuzyMc
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
The only scales that I pay attention to are my own. I have started weighing myself every morning first thing to help keep me focused on what I am doing. I realize that weight changes day to day and even thoughout the day, but when I quit weighing myself and "maintaining" is when all the weight started to come back on, so I need to do that to keep on track.

I am proud of myself...I walked this morning! I haven't walked since Sadie died in March (also when the weight started coming back on), so I took my old "walking the dog" route and am going to try and make it routine again even though I don't have Sadie bringing me her leash and begging to go out.

Oh Dee, I am sure that you are going to notice a huge difference in your heating bill with the new windows! They will be a joy to clean too!

Deelite
11-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I am up 1/2 a pound since last month's weigh in. I can deal with that. I have things under control when I journal and that is what I am going to do.

EVERYONE THROW OUT THE LEFT OVER HALLOWEEN CANDY!

You don't need it.

alinnell
11-01-2007, 02:56 PM
We had two trick or treaters last night. Thankfully, I only bought a dozen full sized bars (and we gave away 4 to the the costumed ones and 4 to our Schwan's delivery man). DD will probably take the rest because she had to go to symphony rehearsal last night instead of doing Halloween festivities.

DH and I tried to figure out what's wrong with our fridge. Suddenly it doesn't cool like it should (5 years old). We think that last summer's power outage made water get in the interior coils as they were iced up. We got it defrosted last night, but it iced up again overnight. Tonight we may have to unplug it and do something extra to get rid of any water/ice. Thankfully it happened NOW rather than closer to Thanksgiving!

SuzyMc
11-06-2007, 08:53 AM
Time for a Floozie roll call...who is still checking in? :?:

alinnell
11-06-2007, 03:17 PM
I'm still here!

It's been so busy here! I'm in the planning stages for Thanksgiving--having 6 out of town house guests and about 25 total for dinner. And what do I do? I signed my DH, kids and myself up for a Turkey Trot (5k race) that morning. I must be going crazy.

coles
11-07-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm still here too. I check it but if there is nothing new I don't post. We had a first snow this morning. Lots of accidents on the roads today. So here we go. Dee - any snow out there yet?
I sure miss the baby updates.

coles
11-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Still here by myself I guess. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_19.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb098_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7926)

alinnell
11-13-2007, 12:59 PM
I think it's just us two.....

coles
11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
IT is so sad that we have lost everyone because of the change.
Hope all is going well with you Allison. I did a yeast cleanse over the past two weeks. Today was the last day. Being a sugar addict it has really helped. I am back to what my tracker says and hope to get it moving in the right direction again.

alinnell
11-14-2007, 12:39 PM
Janice~things are going well for me. My parents arrive Saturday for a 2 week stay. I'll also have my brother and his family for a few days. I'm hosting Thanksgiving for 25 people! DH and I went and bought a new patio set so we'll have enough seating (oh, the joys of living where it is warm--we'll dine outdoors). DD turns 17 at the end of the month which reminds me it's my brother's birthday today and my Dads on Friday--I guess I need to do some shopping!

coles
11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Hi Allison,
Hope your Thanksgiving went well. I haven't had a computer for the past couple of weeks. My hard drive needed to be replaced. I have finished my Xmas shopping and have just been wrapping and baking. Guess everyone else have left us.

ShelleyM
11-29-2007, 06:02 AM
Hi Allison and Janice! I miss everyone so much, and just can't seem to get into posting at the other website. My weight is horrible right now, and I am just starting to run again after all my foot problems. The foot still hurts, but I have decided to wait on surgery and run anyway.

Janice-What is a yeast cleanse?

alinnell
11-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh, thanksgiving was fun! I had 25 over for dinner and then on Saturday we drove into Orange County and had a fabulous rib BBQ at my cousin's house (same crowd less one couple and adding two other couples).

I know what you mean about posting on a different site. I belong to several other sites, but the "attitude" on the other sites is very different.

Take care

coles
12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I know what you mean Shelley. I like the other site too but I miss our weight loss sharing and all our friends. I felt like I knew everyone as friends and really miss them. I am hoping if we keep this thread going they will come back and visit us.
We have so much snow. We had a friend - Al (28 years old) was killed driving home from work on Friday night. He didn't see a dump truck turning in front of him because of the blowing snow and ran into the back of it.
Our water pipes were all frozen this morning and it took most of the day to get the water thawed.
It is a very sad weekend here.

coles
12-03-2007, 09:47 PM
Shelley - a yeast cleanse is supposed to get all the excess yeast out of your body caused by eating to much sugar. That would be me for sure. I did feel much better when I stayed away from sugar and did the cleanse. The strangest thing I found was I didn't have any back pain??
Guess everyone is busy this time of year. So much to do, and so little time.

Deelite
12-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi Girls

I have decided that I am going to post here. I miss our little group. I need the weight loss group to encourage me and keep me in check. This way I have someone I have to be accountable except for myself.

I have been away. I was in Vegas for a week. Boy did we shop. Great deals the thanksgiving weekend.

Next week I am going to visit my sister Gail for three days.

Shopping is almost done and baking is almost done.

How are you doing Shelley, Janice and Allison?

coles
12-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Welcome back Dee. We missed you. I hoped if we stayed posting some of our lost friends would come back.
I'm like you I need the weight tips and connection. Sounds like fun in Vegas.
We have so much snow here it just never stops.
Whats up with you Shelley and Allison? Come out come out where ever you are.

alinnell
12-07-2007, 03:58 PM
DD and I spent the day yesterday visiting one of the schools she is interested in. She was amazed at how small the population was (2500 undergrads). I like the student to teacher ratio (11:1)! She's still hoping for USC, though. The only redeeming feature of USC (IMO) is that she'd be in the marching band and we'd go see some of the home games just to see her.

Deelite
12-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Janice are you ready for christmas? I have things to do but I got it under control. Maybe not my cookie urge but I tried to take care of that by putting it in the fridge in the pool house. I have to be desperate to have to bundle up and go out there. I figure if I go to that effort then it must be worth it.
I have been maintaining my weight. Even a week in Vegas I lost a pound. That surprised me but I am happy that all that walking payed off.

Two days before we left for Vegas it was plus 10. The day we left it was below 0 and it started to snow. Until then we didn't have any. When we got home last week there was a foot of snow. It is here to stay.

Baba ( Larry's step mom) was just diagnosed with cancer. It is non hodgkens, it is not curable but there is a new drug that they are trying to get permission for that can prolong your life for 10 years. She is only 55. She is very swollen and in pain. Hopefully her treatments will start next week.
If you remember back, she is the one that I have gone to Vallarta with for years.

Shelley are you in the middle of your celebrations yet? Are your parents back at home? I hope that the mold issue is resolved.

Allison I bet the house must seem quiet after all that company. What are you up to for christmas?

Come on back girls.

Deelite
12-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Hey Allison....we were posting at the same time. I wondered how I missed reading your post. I don't think our thread had two posts together in a long time. I miss those days.
It is a big decision to make as to what school would be best. Take your time and choose wisely.

coles
12-07-2007, 09:46 PM
I am ready for Christmas. I love to bake but I sure don't need it around here. I baked for two days and then made up trays and cookie tins. Amanda then took the to the Seniors apartments where she works. They don't get treats like that very often. I enjoyed doing it and they appreciated it so much it made me feel good. Got the holiday baking spirit out of my system.
Such sad news about Baba, I hope the treatment works.
Shelley - how are things with you and Mike?
Allison - it sound exciting checking out the schools. Hope she stays close to home.
I am just trying to maintain my weight through Christmas, then I am going to get back to serious weight watching. I love watching the Biggest Loser, I think if they can lose that much weight they are an inspiration to the rest of us. I wonder if they have a diet plan?

Deelite
12-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Janice that is so nice of you to do baking for the seniors. I am sure that they enjoy every morsel.

Larry left this morning for New Orleans. It is much nicer there than here. Lucky guy. He will be gone til next friday. I find it long when he is gone. It is a good thing that I have my little Amigo.
Tonight I went by myself to the corner church for a christmas concert. I have only been there a few times so I didn't know very many people but I really enjoyed it. Salvation Army put it on.

I am not sure what I will do tomorrow. If I am up early enough maybe I will go to the Y for aqua fit. If not I will call my girlfriend and see if she wants to walk in this frigid cold.

Well it is time to go snuggle into my big empty bed. Larry down loaded the last series of Amazing Race with the all stars. I am going to watch that.

Hope you girls keep this thread going with me.

coles
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Dee - We are going to keep this thread going. I am going to post everyday.
The weather here has been very cold but at least it didn't snow today.
Sounds like you have a plan to occupy yourself for the next week. I always watch the Biggest Loser, Kid Nation and Survivor.
Trying to stay away from all the goodies at work, it is so hard this time of year.
I need to get back to the gym and the pool. I feel so much better when I do.
Allison and Shelley - whats up? All ready for the holidays?
Shelley what kind of surgery might you need on your foot. I am having heel pain lately and I'm not sure what its from.

alinnell
12-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Hey Sherry! Hi!

Ready for the holidays? Nope. But I did make a stab at it yesterday and got most of my shopping done. I got home and DH had gotten all the decorations down. My In-laws came for dinner and helped decorate the tree (thankfully--I really dislike doing that--so much so that I didn't put the tree up last year). Now I look forward to spending a few hours tonight wrapping presents and getting things ready for shipping. What about you?

coles
12-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Sherry - How wonderful to hear from you. We are trying to keep the thread going but there aren't too many of us left. We are hoping others will join us again soon.
Please know that we are still here for you if you need us. We missed you too.
I'm pretty much ready for Christmas, just a few little things left to do. I like to make the kids (27 years old) a basket each with all the little things that you have to buy anyway. Shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, cologne, etc. etc. still need to get those together.
We have tons of snow and it sure looks like a white Christmas for us.

Deelite
12-10-2007, 10:09 PM
Janice we have a lot of snow too. Do you ever have to shovel the snow off your roof? We sometimes do but it is often in January of Febuary. Looks like it will be when Larry gets home. We have a story and a half so it is a bit steep and Larry is scared of heights but it has to be done or we will have a leaky ceiling when it thaws.
I wish I would have sent my cookies off the seniors. I ate about 3 dozen this weekend. Thank goodness they are gone now. I am not making any more. I will just have a dessert for christmas day.

SHERRY....wow I am so happy to see that you posted. Still working the games.....I was thinking about you the other day and if you were still working the games.
Since we lost our birthday thread will you please help me out and tell me what day your birthday is this month? Well at least I remembered it was this month. hehe

Allsion are your in laws staying in a trailer again at your place this winter?
That was nice of them to help you put up the tree.
I haven't started wrapping the gifts yet but that is about the only thing I have left beside a few gifts for Larry. Fortunately with all the neices and nephews and friends we cut back on last year I don't have anything to ship.

Shelley are you busy with Hannuka? What are the girls getting this year?

Tomorrow I am off to Gail's so I won't be posting for awhile but please keep this going.

alinnell
12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
My in-laws have moved up in the world. They sold their 5th wheel and truck and bought a really nice coach and an SUV to pull behind it. The coach is a 40 foot long model with 4 slides so it's really roomy. It has a lot of upgrades. They're parking it on the lot we bought last year--it's a 20 minute drive from our house.

No snow here (but what do you expect in the desert) but we've had some rain and it's really cloudy again today. I do like the rain and we certainly need it, but I'm starting to miss the sunshine.

coles
12-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Allison - Want to trade homes for a couple of months?? I would love rain right about now. We just get snow - snow - snow.
I took the bus the other day to work. It was my first time taking a bus. So much better than driving myself. It was snow, freezing rain and the roads were a disaster.
Dee- Have fun at Gail's.
Can we get our Birthday list back somehow?
Got to get some groceries and then get ready for work. Another storm heading this way this afternoon but what else is new. Another day, another snow storm.

alinnell
12-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Well, the rains have stopped so now we just have the same old, same old (which here is SUNSHINE!). I think they estimate that we get 335 days of sun here. I'm sure it's true! The saying is (even during a horrendous downpour) "it never rains in the desert."

Deelite
12-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Janice we must have sent the storm your way. We had a big blizzard yesterday. It is -41 with the windchill today. Poor Larry yesterday he wanted me to feel sorry for him, it was 100 humidity and 86, pretty hard to sympathise with him when the winds were gusting up to 60 kms.
He is going to have a chill shutter down his spine when he lands tonight.

Allison it sounds like your in laws have a beautiful coach. I love the sun. Manitoba has a lot of sun, it is called sunny manitoba. I think that we are the sunniest province in canada.

I had a good time at Gail's. One night we went to christmas bingo. They had the usual cash prises and also turkeys, hams chocolates and oranges. I won a big turkey. She lives in a tiny little town. It seems like every business has decorated for christmas. The main street is so pretty. Just like a post card.

Sherry and Shelley where are you?

ShelleyM
12-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Hey all. I didn't realize we had some oldies back, I am willing to stay around and post here. I just emailed the group that I had addresses for. Anybody have Doni's new email addy? I keep getting returned emails from her.

I am getting ready to go to Orlando in a few minutes for our principal's son's wedding. It should be a huge Italian wedding. It's at 4:00 today at a country club in Orlando. I am wearing a black dress that I wore to a Christmas party probably 25 or 30 years ago. It fits, just a bit more curvy than before. I really need to lose these excess pounds and during our winter break (starts 21st) I'll be getting in running gear. I have been back to 12 or 15 miles per week, which is practically nothing, but at least I am getting out there. My foot hurts, but I just don't care anymore. I would rather be fit! Better go, I'll post more in the next few days.
Love to you all. Oh, 1 thing. Please pray for 2 kids from our school. Their dad was involved in a horrific traffic accident. He was decapitated. Such a nice loving family, and the mom and kids are of course devastated.
CYA!

alinnell
12-15-2007, 07:47 PM
I know what you mean about just not caring about the pain. My knees hurt but it feels better knowing that the rest of my body is benefiting from running. If only I could convince DH about that.

It's been cold here in the mornings (46 today) so I went to buy a new running top (2 shirts is too much, one is not enough). The one I got is a bit thicker, so I think it will do me just fine. But then I got to looking around. Not a good idea! I ended up buying the cutest jogging suit--grey and yellow Nike. I could have coordinated about 7 or 8 pieces but held myself to the pants, jacket and cute running top. It's cute enough that I can wear it to run errands or use it for running or for my weekly walk with DH (which hasn't been weekly lately).

My shopping is done! My wrapping is done! The tree is up. All I have to do now is to send off 4 boxes of presents. Thankfully we have a FedEx account at work. Nothing more complicated than printing the labels and calling for a pickup!

Have a great weekend everyone!

coles
12-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Shelley - enjoy the wedding. I wish I could get into clothes from 25 years ago. Maybe if I ever smarten up I will. Prayers for that poor family.
We are expecting the worse storm in 60 years so the news is saying. I am glad I'm not working this weekend. We have so much snow already I don't know where they are going to put it.

Deelite
12-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Shelley I am sorry to hear of the tragic accident. That poor family. It is hard to understand why something like that could happen.
I am sure that the wedding was awesome. Italian weddings are pretty grand. Congratulations on being able to fit into a dress from 25 years ago. Take care with the running. I know what you mean when you say you just run through the pain. I do that everyday when I am at the gym.

Allison wow you are organized. I am sure that takes a load of stress off. All I need to do is wrap and if I have time I will buy a few more small gifts.

Janice we have a ton of snow and at least three more months to go. As far as I am concerned it can go after christmas. Now time to kiss some a$$ and drop some pounds. You did it before you can do it again.

I was on a sugar fix the last week but I have no more excuses or sweets in the house so time to get serious and watch my diet and journal.

ShelleyM
12-17-2007, 06:18 AM
Good morning! The wedding was amazing and we all had a very nice time. I got home just in time for Becky to go back to Tampa (she was here for 1 day.) She will be coming back for her break next Sat. It is quite cold here this morning, 40 something, and the high will be 65, which is the coolest we have had this year.

Gotta go walk the dog before work...

alinnell
12-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Good morning everyone! Just checking in and keeping the thread alive.

It's cold here. It's threatening to freeze overnight so I have to bring in my plumeria plants at night. I'm sitting here at work with my coat still on and my hands are ice cold. I just can't imagine living in snow country again!

Deelite
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Allsion where did you live before?

You poor girls....all chilly and cold, like I am all warm and toasty! Not!

Shelley I am glad that you enjoyed the wedding. What was the brides wedding dress like?

Janice did that storm hit you? It is pretty ugly out east.

alinnell
12-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Dee~I was born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah. I started skiing when I was still in preschool and even taught skiing in college. DH (also an avid skier) and I stopped skiing when we got married (we claim it was the expense) and switched to golf (no less expensive). We sold our skies (and snow shovel) when we moved to the desert. Now that we live in "golf-ville" we rarely golf. In fact, I've never golfed here--only do it when we go on vacation. $200 green fees here are enough to turn anyone off of golf! Sure the price goes down in the summer, but who wants to golf when it's over 110 degrees?

ShelleyM
12-18-2007, 06:57 AM
Allison-I skied once on fake snow in Gatlinburg. I fell down the hill! It was a riot.

It is quite chilly here right now, in the 40's. It is supposed to get to the 70's today. Then back into the 80's as the week goes on.....Are you jealous?

alinnell
12-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Jealous? YES! I went running this morning and it was only 44 degrees. Brrr. I don't know what the forecast is (other than sun and cooler than usual) but I hope it gets into the high 60s. I'll be so much happier when this cold front leaves. They said we might get some more rain from it, but being in the desert, rain rarely amounts to anything except to get your car dirty.

Deelite
12-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Allison wow golf is expensive. I thought that payiny $40 was a lot. I guess I won't complain when Larry goes golfing.
I have never been down hill skiing. I have only done cross country. I am scared to go down hills when we do cross country.
I really don't feel sorry for you, it is 21 here and I think it is balmy. It is warmer than average right now. I hope that it stays like that for awhile. Like at least 39 days. Why do you ask 39 days......that is because that is when I leave for mexico.

Shelley don't push it to much running. Maybe stagger your days that you push it. What did you buy the girls for Hannuka?

Janice you snowed in or Christmas taking you away from us?

How is everyone doing on their eatting habits?
I was just horrible last week. When Larry was gone I either don't eat much or I go monster crazy on sugar. Well I ate dozens of cookies, chocolate, carmel corn, peanut brittle and lots more. This was not in small doses.
The weekend improved and yesterday I got back on track. I am not making any more baking because I will eat it. I will just make a dessert for christmas day.

Too many temptations this time of year and I am not good with that. I need to keep the temptations out of my house.

alinnell
12-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Ooooh, Mexico!!! Where? I'm jealous!!!

My eating is okay. I crave creamy casseroles but am doing pretty good at staying away from them. I'm doing lots of soups instead. Treats are minimal. But my weigh is still up (don't refer to ticker!).

I've only gone cross country skiing once and I failed miserably! It is SOOOO hard to go down hills on those skinny things! Regular downhill skis are much easier for that.

Deelite
12-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Do you girls think that we should start a new thread?
It is getting pretty long.

Allison your weight should come down if you stay away from sweets and cream and saucy foods. Do you journal? I find when I do that keeps me honest and eatting what I should be.

coles
12-18-2007, 09:54 PM
We got that storm. They say it was one of the worse storms in 50 years. We took two days to get out of the driveway. I was so happy not to have to work Sunday.
Dee - thank you for the words of encouragment. I want the Biggest Loser book for Christmas. I figure if all those folks can do it I need to know some secrets.
Poor Poor girls in Florida and California -- want some snow?

ellis
12-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Ladies, I'll close this thread, as Shelley has started a Floozies #32. :wave: