General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:41 PM   #1  

Unhappy My mom is dying

Sorry to be so blunt I just need to get it out.

I havent been here in a long time because I have been so depressed. I have flew back and forth to Michgan Twice since january and now when my mom needs me there I cant afford to get there. It stinks. I am so miserable right now.....I found out Today that she has Two to Six months. I cant take it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_929f2d23526906cd51e26e1763594bb3.jpg (21.0 KB, 37 views)
bethmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #2  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

bethmart
I am so sorry. The loss of someone we love is always hard. Will keep you and your mother in my prayers. She isn't gone yet, enjoy her all you can while she is still here with you.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-09-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

So sorry Beth.......it's not time to miss her yet though....
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #4  

Thanks everyone

It just drives me crazy waiting to get enough money to get there. I am going to work everyday even though I just want to sit here and cry. I am selling stuff on ebay and even put a donate button on my myspace page. So far I have raised $40.

I am playing catch up since Christmas of last year. This whole Year has been one long finacial struggle and trying to fly back and forth has been tough. Now I NEED to be there and yet I am here.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #5  
Just Starting Out

S/C/G: 303.4/252.6/175

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethmart View Post
Thanks everyone

It just drives me crazy waiting to get enough money to get there. I am going to work everyday even though I just want to sit here and cry. I am selling stuff on ebay and even put a donate button on my myspace page. So far I have raised $40.

I am playing catch up since Christmas of last year. This whole Year has been one long finacial struggle and trying to fly back and forth has been tough. Now I NEED to be there and yet I am here.
I'm so sorry to hear this. My mom is dying as well. They gave her a few months to live back in February, but she is still doing well as of today (on her own, not bedridden).

I am thinking of/praying for you and her and know that there others just like you!
peachinabrownbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

peachinabrownbag
I am so sorry to hear this. Will keep you and yours in my prayers.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #7  

I am glad your mom is doing well peachinabrownbag thats great. It seems like a lot of us our losing our loved ones to cancer these days.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #8  

Im mad at myself. I moved to Florida when I was 19. I didnt need anyone. I didnt care about anyone but myself. I missed a lot of time I could have spent with my mom. The last 10 years I have not done anything spectacular, There was no reason for me to stay here. I should have just moved back home. I missed out.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:00 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

From someone who's lost someone dearly close to themselves....the only advice I can give you is to keep going. Keep calling her, keep emailing her, texting her, whatever it is you do to keep in touch. You'll be glad you did later.

You have my best wishes, and you'll be in my thoughts.
althepirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:09 PM   #10  
I restore Teeth.

Bethmart,

Is it possible for you to cherish the rest of her remaining times with her? I know it might be hard.. I'm just the type of person to never leave my mom and I can't seem to detach myself from her...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #11  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I am so sorry. She is beautiful and gave you many of her traits (you resemble her). I never knew what it was like to be loved by a mother so I can't say I relate to what you are going through but I have lost many others that I loved and loved me. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

Be praying for you and her. I'm so sorry.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 PM   #13  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethmart View Post
Im mad at myself. I moved to Florida when I was 19. I didnt need anyone. I didnt care about anyone but myself. I missed a lot of time I could have spent with my mom. The last 10 years I have not done anything spectacular, There was no reason for me to stay here. I should have just moved back home. I missed out.

Hey Beth,
Please don't be mad at yourself.
You did what you needed to do. We do what feels like the best thing at the time, we do what comes from our hearts at all times -- I feel strongly although I might not be articulating this in the best way. Even if you say you didn't care for anyone but yourself, I don't think this was true, but even if it were, it would have been what was coming from your heart at that time. Oh, I wish I could really put it into better words, because I know what it feels like. But you can only be and do at any moment what is right for you.

I'm sorry about your mom - you have some time now to keep in touch. I hope something will work out so that you can go to see her again.

jo
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:06 AM   #14  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Beth,

So sorry to hear about your mom ~ keeping you and her in my thoughts and prayers.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 288/278.8/150

Height: 5 ft.5 in.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I am working with borrowed time with my Mom as well. She stroked a year ago. Her blood pressure and blood sugar are way outta control. Two weeks ago, her Doc pulled me aside and told me maybe you'll have her to the end of the year. It makes me sick thinking about this but I know she is just shy of 80 y/o. I have to accept it and make her life happy and livable. We live together so that's a good thing. I'm a RN and work in ICU. My skills and almost 29 years in the field were tested. I resuscitated her twice. She can walk, talk and move but she isn't the smae like before. She has bouts of depression and a sad look on her face most of the time. I do my best.

We just have to savor the time we have with our Moms and when it happens, we have a friend to talk to, cry to and be thinking about our own lives and what we want out of them.
NurseChef is offline   Reply With Quote