South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday Happenings

Another record breaking hot day is shaping up for us here and I'm starting to regret closing the pool. Hopefully we'll get the much needed rain that's supposed to be moving in later this afternoon and make the temps a little more seasonal.

Yesterday was wild. Cindy had invited all the kids from the children's fox hunt over to her house while the parents were busy decorating the clubhouse for a big shindig this weekend. So I show up with Amber in tow to find kids everywhere! I made them all PBJs for lunch, and made Amber a grilled cheese since she's allergic to peanuts, and, of course the others wanted a grilled cheese, too. The kids had a blast, though and had loads of fun baking and decorating Halloween cupcakes for their snack. I have to admit, though, that I was happy when they all went back home. Whew!

Today should be back to normal, I hope! I have the morning all to myself, and after Curves I'm going to finish up cleaning the house and then do some needlepoint until it's time to go in.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:31 AM   #2  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Cottage, after yesterday's whirlwind, I hope you enjoy a relaxing day! It's still hot/rainy/muggy here.

Nothing special happening today other than meeting a friend after school for coffee. It will be nice to have a relaxing break between my 2 jobs.

I tried that peanut butter and jelly cookie recipe from the quick fix SBD cookbook yesterday...not too bad for cookies with no flour in them. Just splenda, peanut butter, baking soda, an egg and no sugar jam. some of them kind of crumbled, but tasted pretty good. I also finally tried roasting chickpeas with olive oil spray and some creole seasoning. Great substitute for popcorn for watching tv at night. My husband loved them and neither of us really care for chickpeas.
Gotta go iron a shirt, then off to work

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by femmecreole; 10-09-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! Rain and cool here, Cottage. Shall I send it South? I had planned a bit of leaf raking but there's no way unless it clears this afternoon.

Yesterday was just lovely with a visit from the cousins that was just long enough for a coffee, a bit of chat and some garden harvesting to send with them. I spent the rest of the day working on my quilt and dreaming about my next project which will be a bright wall hanging for my kitchen.

I'm off to my class very shortly and a busy week will crank up. My car goes for a brake job on Thursday so my running around has to be done today and tomorrow. It'll be strange to not have a car but it will keep me anchored.

Time for breakfast, a bit of a cuddle with Hershey and then I'm outta here.

How does your Tuesday look?

Hi, Cat. We were posting at the same time. Want to touch up my shirt too?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, I'm curious, are these lovely pix you've been posting the ones you've been painting in your class? If they are, you are really talented! YES, PLEASE send us some rain!!!!

Cat, I haven't made those PBJ cookies in a long time, but I do remember liking them. I love chickpeas, and one of my favorite ways to cook them is to saute them in a little olive oil with lots garlic and onion, then dump a can of diced tomatoes over them and heat through. Yum! What's been happening with that full-time teaching job you applied for, any word yet?

I went to Curves, had breakfast, and made a chicken & spinach casserole for supper. Now I'm off to finish my housecleaning.

Have a wonderful day and make someone smile today.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good morning chicks.... I really have not forgot about you guys. It is that life has been busy. But I am making a promise to myself and you chicks that I will get in here everyday even if it is just a quick "Hello". Take care. Love you chicks and think of you often.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #6  

Morning, everyone! I'm working from home again today. I have nothing on the schedule but I'm trying to get a little bit of straightening/cleaning done in between work. Our friend, Maria, is going to visit DH today in the hospital. Maybe she can find out more details that I got. DH was in good spirits when we visited him and was up walking the halls.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning chicks! Long time, no cluck for me!

Starting the new job has derailed me just a bit, but now I'm back! I've missed you all!

Today: Making the SB vegetarian lasagna. I can hardly wait until dinner!
Old 10-09-2007, 12:06 PM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Betty! Missed ya!

Good Lord, I oinked out like you would NOT believe last night. I think my sodium intake was crazy too because I magically gained 3 lbs in a day. I didn't eat THAT much. So today I will spend sucking down bottles of water and being very good tonight. Don't know what my deal was last night but hopefully it's out of my system now!

Today is a majorly busy day at work. I have about 15 projects that need to be done before Thursday. I haven't talked about it much, but my new boss that I absolutely loved is not going to be my boss anymore because they're realligning the districts/regions/etc. So, he's bringing my NEW new boss through on Thursday morning (my day off, thank you very much) and I don't know anything about him but I already know he's not going to be as cool as Tim. WHINE. I'm just not very happy about the whole thing.

Well anyhoo, I need to take a break and get my paycheck to the bank so no bills bounce tomorrow when they come out automatically. I thought my direct deposit would be set up by now but I guess they're still waiting on my bank to authorize it or something. Hope you girlies have a great day! I'll pop in later!

Lisa
Old 10-09-2007, 02:20 PM   #9  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Good morning fellow chicks. Yes it is still morning on the West Coast. We have been having beautiful weather, in the 70's and a little sprinkle here and there, and little sunshine here and there. I'll wish some your way Cottage.

I think I lost a pound in the last two weeks, which is so slow but about what they want 1/2 to 2 lbs. per week. Will find out for sure tonight at TOPS weigh in.

Two more weeks and we will be closed down so the new owner can start his remodel. It is hard telling our customers that we won't be there much longer. Lots of hugging and some tears, exchanging telephone numbers, we never had to do that before because they all knew where to find me. I won't hear about the new job until the 12th as they closed down one unit and have give those people the opportunity to apply for the jobs. I am thinking I will wait to apply for anything else until after I hear from them. No need spending my time doing resumes if I don't need them.

to those of us that need it and to those of us that need them. Everyone have a lovely day on
Old 10-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #10  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Hey ya'll.

I'm just doing a fly-by, I've decided it's finally time to add weight training to my program of SBD and 30-60 minutes of walking a day. So now I'm researching free weights vs. machines, high reps/low weight vs. low reps/high weight, etc. I'm so confused. I know I need strength training but jeez all these studies and opinions. Anyone have any practical advice?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:22 PM   #11  
Allie

S/C/G: 225/210/135

Height: 5'5''

Hey girls. Wish me luck tonight! I have my interview with the Student Union for the dining services committee! I don't *really* think I have anything to worry about, since I'm obviously well qualified for the position, but I still get nervous!

Off to keep postering the school. Busy busy busy. My job has me on a wild goosechase posting event posters all over the school and getting the necessary permits to hang them!
Old 10-09-2007, 07:19 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 222/=ticker=/150

Height: 5'7"

It was a hot one here today. My car thermostat said it was 93 so I'm thinking it was 90. It was a pretty slow day overall. DH is at school in AZ and won't be home until Christmas. I'm getting a headache form trying to transfer files from my old computer to my new laptop and then to the new gaming comp. It's such an irritation. It's only 7 and I'm ready to go to bed and not wake up til' morning.

Dixie- if you are new to strength training then it's probably best to start with 2 sets of 10 reps. Start with a weight that you are comfortable with. You should have a somewhat difficult time with your last few reps. If it's too hard then you are lifting too much. If it's a breeze then you're not lifting enough. You should hold your weight for at least a second at the starting point and the end of motion before the return to the starting point. If you swing and move with the momentum you won't get a good workout. If you have access to a gym it's good to use machines because they usually take a lot of the impact. They can also prevent you from working the wrong muscle group.
If you don't have access to a gym free weights are really good too. You always want to make sure that your muscles are warm before you start to lift. I usually ride a bike or walk for 10 minutes to warm up. Most trainers recommend starting with legs and working your way up.
I went to a personal trainer and learned a ton of stuff. That's always a possibility. Some gyms give one free lesson with new membership. Sometimes gyms run specials and of course, there is always the YMCA. Goodluck!
Closed Thread