Old 10-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Wk of Oct 8/07

Good afternoon Lifers, Soon-to-Be Lifers, and anyone else lurking who may want to join us!

We've been experiencing unseasonably warm temps here--Friday we broke a record and hit a high of 87! Last year at this time, Buffalo (just about 2 hours away from us) experienced a bad snowstorm that dumped 14" of snow on them! The temps are still warm (85) again today but a cold front is supposed to be coming through. It's so hard to figure out what to wear when the weather is so hot!

Overall had a pretty decent weekend--put away the summery clothes (tanks, shorts) and started to pull out the fall clothes. I'm ready for the cooler temps.

I'm counting down the days till we leave for vacation--Saturday can't come soon enough!

Hi, Lisa, Lori, Pam, Susan! Hope you had a good, productive weekend!

I decided I needed to re-evaluate my goal weight and after consideration I filled out the paperwork and sent it in on Friday. I added 3# to my original goal weight and I'm okay with that. My personal choice is to get below my "new" goal and that's something I can work on.
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #2  

Hi Melissa and everyone else who may be reading.

Yes, I'm also ready for more fall like temps and it looks like later this week we should be experiencing some.

Not much going on this weekend for me. DS spent part of the weekend visiting with us....his 24th birthday was Thursday so we had a little party for him Saturday night. He left on Sunday to see the Patriots game and from there went back to Boston.

My eating has been OK . I've been doing 40 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of weight training 3-4 times a week. I feel like I'm firming up, but still no change in the scale. I think, like you Melissa, I'm going to adjust my goal weight to reflect a higher number. I've always maintained a goal at the low end of my range but I'm finding that is no longer "do-able".

This is turning out to be a busy work week so hopefully I'll be back to post again tomorrow. Hope you're all having a happy Monday!
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:24 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I can't wait for fall either - my favorite season! It cooled down yesterday, but it was also very warm here before that.

Melissa - I wear tanks all year long! I wear them to layer in the fall and winter.

My eating was been just "OK" as well. I am back to tracking all the time now, and am feeling better about myself because of that! I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to my meeting on Saturday morning. I really don't want to pay, but I will be over my 2 pound allowance (goal weight is 162).

Since I can't get pregnant in the next year, I've decided to shoot for my extra goal of 140-145. I think renewed motivation for this is what has gotten me back on track. Wish me luck

This weekend I visited a friend in NH and got to see her 6 week old son, so cute! They are like family and I consider her sons like nephews. So it was really really cool to finally meet him. I forgot to bring the pics with me. Will post them tomorrow. Then I stopped by my parents house, had lunch with a friend from my home town, and stopped to visit my great aunts on my way back to RI. Then I had Sunday and Monday free too I left Thursday and made it a super long weekend. I finally feel recharged and ready to work!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:46 AM   #4  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, Thanks for starting the thread this week. I was off yesterday to play golf with DH and attend a funeral for an elderly friend. It was beautiful here yesterday. Although we had high temps, the humidity was down. Glad you're resetting your goal weight; you will be less frustrated, I'm sure.

Pam, Aaah, it must be nice to have cooler temps. We are due for them. Good for you for exercising. That takes perseverence. You will see results for sure. Aren't your clothes fitting better? My Redskins won, but my Bucs lost (they played the Super Bowl Champs).

Lori, It really helps to journal our intake, doesn't it? Glad you got to see your friend's baby and your parents.

Had a very busy weekend. Saw a play on Friday night, The Crucible--a heavy drama. Worked at a community yard sale on Saturday morning; my friend made $800. Then we went to a company picnic (sang the National Anthem); the picnic was so-so. Then I dragged DH to another play that night(someone gave us free tickets). It was a comedy, Blithe Spirit. On Sunday I had a rehearsal.

WI is tonight--hoping for maintain (I know I haven't lost). Today is DH's birthday, so I'm taking him to dinner.
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 AM   #5  

Good morning! What a difference a day makes--today the temp is only 60 and it's supposed to drop as the day progresses. Tomorrow's high is only supposed to be in the 50's!

Pam: You're doing great with the activity! I'm hoping to get mine increased now that the temps are getting cooler--I'd much rather be outside walking and enjoy it when the days are cool. I'd like to increase it before I go in for my surgery in November. I'm more comfortable with my "new" goal weight--I know it's not a big difference but it's still a change. The Indians are on their way to Boston and I'm excited--I remember when they were in the World Series and lost; I'm not sure how they'll fare against your Red Sox. The weather outlook is looking great for our trip--we're actually heading around the Boston area to get to Maine. Do you have any tips as far traffic, etc.?

Lisa: I hope your WI went well and that you had the big "M"! I'd love for that as well today but it's hard to tell since TOM arrived last evening. Hopefully this is the last one before my surgery! Did you have a nice time at dinner last evening with DH?

Lori: Fall is my favorite time of the year--the cool, crisp nights and the sunny and sometimes warm days. I'm looking forward to our trip and seeing the fall leaves. I do keep some tanks out but the summer sleeveless shirts are now packed away. I'm looking forward to wearing some fall clothes. Good for you for setting another goal for the upcoming months--it'll give you something to work at and having renewed motivation really helps. I'm hoping that with my revised goal that I'll get things under control and then I can shoot to be in the 142-45 range. I feel much better in that area both mentally and physically.

I went this morning for my bloodwork for my thyroid levels--the doctor should have the results tomorrow or Friday so I'll give them a call in case they want to change my meds before I leave on vacation. I'm still losing my hair and still have low energy but at least I don't have the brain fog like I did before. I think the frustrating part is that it takes so long to get the correct dosage!

Students have left for fall break so the campus is pretty quiet--tomorrow will be even quieter and I'm sure Friday will be like a ghost town because a lot of staff take the day off. I don't mind because I can get a lot done when there's no one around.

I'll check in later today after my meeting/WI and let you know how it went.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #6  

Melissa, WI was the big M and I was happy about that, especially after my snacking. How did yours go? I do hope they figure out your thyroid meds soon. Losing your hair has to be frustrating. Your trip to Maine sounds great.

Your temps sound wonderful. Actually we are supposed to have 60's at night; that will be a welcome change.

Dinner with DH was great. We enjoyed ourselves. Ate some great chocolate cake!

Tonight is choir practice; hope to play golf tomorrow. On Saturday is the Breast Cancer Walk I do each year--2000 walkers last year. What's great is seeing all of the breast cancer survivors. Then we have my husband's company picnic. On Sunday is the dress rehearsal for the comedy show I'm in. It will be a busy weekend.

Hello to Pam, Lori, Susan.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:18 AM   #7  

Pam - Are you still exercising? Its been so cloudy and drizzling and raining here, that I haven't gone walking in about a week not Not good!

Melissa - Good luck with the results of the test! The blood test I had done in Oregon never came back, so I called and found out that someone forgot to label my blood, so they never did the test! Now I have to wait for a kit to get shipped, go get my blood drawn again, and ship the kit back out there overnight. Yay Hope you have fun on your vacation this weekend!

Lisa - I was thinking about you this morning! I think our heating bills are going to be up by about 20% or so this winter. Do you even use heating down there? I've only been to Florida (Orlando) in September and I remember it being close to 100 degrees when I was there then. I bet you spend a lot on cooling though!

So I found out Tuesday (well Thursday, but it wasn't for sure until Tuesday) that I've been selected to be the manager and lead software engineer for an upcoming project here. I will also have to do some design and development as well (I'm a software engineer). Exciting, but when it was explained on Thursday, that "lead software engineer" thing was never mentioned! I'm completely new to both that and the managing part. I'm nervous but excited. This is what I have been asking for. I wanted to start getting into management and have been begging here to shadow other managers, etc. Didn't even get to do that and I kind of feel like I'm going in blind. But I think I will do a good job and be able to deliver the product on time. So exciting!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:42 AM   #8  

Good morning! It's a dreary, cool morning here (45 degrees) and the heat is on in our house to take the chill out of the air. I was surprised when I came to work this morning to hear the boiler running--it's nice not freezing in the office!

Lisa: Congrats on maintaining! That's great! My doctor should have my results later today so I'll give them a call to see if they've received them and find out if they're going to change my meds again.

Lori: How frustrating with your bloodwork! Good luck with the new job responsibilities--although it might be overwhelming at first you'll be fine.

My WI was surprising--I was down 2.2#...how that happened I don't know but I'm not going to complain about it at all! I'm just glad to be down before I go on vacation this Saturday!

Last night I went to the annual Harvest Gala that my son's school sponsors every year--it was nice but not worth the $35. The dinner was good--boneless skinless chicken breast with an artichoke/sundried tomato sauce with angel hair pasta and some steamed vegetables. They had a salad and carrot cake for dessert. When they brought the carrot cake out I asked the server if she could just box it up for me--I knew if it was in front of me I'd nibble at it even though I didn't really want it.

Hi to Pam, Susan! Hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

Dreary cloudy day here, hope the weather gets better. I'm going to a wedding tomorrow night (a co-workers daughter) so I'm hoping the bride doesn't get a rainy day or does rain or your wedding day bring good luck?
My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm hoping for at least a small drop. I've been so good lately it's time for me to be rewarded at the scale! Going to get my workout in tonight after work. It's convenient to have a fitness center here at the office.

Melissa you must be getting excited about vacation. Are you and DH traveling on Saturday? I'm guessing that must be at least an 8 hour trip. Are you going to pick up the NY thruway to the MA pike? If you do, wave hello when you pass exit 8 on the MA pike, you'll literally be going right by my house! I wish we could meet to say hello in person! You should be OK traffic wise when you pick up 495 to the Maine turnpike. I'm sure you'll have a great time and should be seeing some peak foliage. Good for you for boxing up the carrot cake and congrats on your loss!

Lori Yes, I'm still working out regularly. As I mentioned we have a fitness center at the office I work at so there are no excuses for me not to work out. Congrats to you on your recent promotion!

Lisa It sounds like you have another fun weekend planned. I'm also particpating in a Breast Cancer walk later this month. It's great to see all the attention and awareness this type of cancer is getting.

Hi to Susan hope all is well with you. Have a great day ladies!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:06 PM   #10  

Lori, Congrats to Lori--woohoo on your promotion. Management can be rewarding especially when you see one of your people excel. Sometimes it can be like adult babysitting. I think software engineering is hard (kudos to you). I work at a company that has many software engineers. Sorry about our blood work. Look at all the time that was wasted. If I didn't get my daily walk in, I would be lost. Yes, we do turn on our heat in the winter. I'm not as far south as Miami, so we get some chilly weather (for us). Last year we got down to 30 degrees. I love opening up the windows and I'm looking foward to that. Our a/c bills have been hovering around $220 this summer. I'm not happy with that.

Melissa, Yes, have a wonderful time on your Maine trip. Congrats on your loss--how great and not to be expecting it!

[B]Pam[B] You have a workout place where you work? I think that is great. I wish there were one where I work. I also wish there were one where DH works. He works in a hospital and you would not believe how heavy the nurses are! It's really sad. DH says all they do is eat snacks all day.

Have a good weekend everyone. Tomorrow's my Friday off.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #11  

Pam: Yes, I believe we will be--I know we're taking 90 to 95. From the directions I have it's supposed to take us about 9 hours. We're planning on leaving around 4 am tomorrow morning, stopping after about 4 hours for breakfast and then continuing on. The weather forecast looks great. I'll be sure and wave as we travel by the exit! It would've been nice if we could have planned a meeting.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:58 AM   #12  

Melissa I sent you a PM. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Lisa Yes having fitness center at work is really nice. Actually we have quite a bit of equipment and not a lot of people go regularly so on some days it's like having a whole gym to yourself!

Hi to Lori and Susan. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #13  

Well ladies, in just a few short minutes I'm out of the office for a whole week! If I get a chance I'll check in but I'm not taking a laptop with me.

Pam, I replied back to your PM. The weather forecast is looking good! I'm hoping to catch some of the ball game this evening while I'm packing.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:27 PM   #14  

Hi Ladies! Today is official WI day, but I ended up sleeping way to late for my meeting! So I will go tomorrow morning. The good news? This morning the scale said 161, so I am back down to where I was before I went on vacation and before I was sick I call my new ticker theme "Snow Bunny" That goal is for Christmas. I have 10 weeks, so I think it is attainable. Hope you are all having great weekends!