LA Weight Loss - October 8, 2007...alli (support Here)

StillTryin
10-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Good morning all. Sorry for the delay in getting this weeks started. I have been CRAZY busy this morning. I have been lucky enough (insert sarcasm here) at work to get MORE responsibility added to my job! So much for my pay raise..lol Oh well.

I am actually going well. I have STOPPED monitoring strickly what I eat (within reason) and just try to be more CONSCIOUS about what I eat while I am eating...and it is helping. I am not as "rebellious" about being on a diet, even though I know I only hurt myself when I act like that. But hey whatever works for me, right? I Jumped back to 177 a few weeks ago, and since I have this new mindset about dieting and my job, I find that I have less stress and I am sure that is HELPING my bad habits. I weighed this morning and I am down to 175, so almost back to where I was 3 months ago when I first re-started dieting with Alli. I know within a few weeks I will be back where I was 5 weeks ago (168).

That is my story! So what's yours???

Oh yeah-I almost forgot-our auditor is quitting so I applied for that job today, they are reviewing app's on Wednesday night! Wish me luck, it is less money, but more benefits and less hours (a lot less) but it would be perfect for me if we get the house we are trying to buy, 1 block away and the house is also 1 block away from the school!!! How perfect will that be!?!?!?

Shy Moment
10-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeaaaaaaaaa I got here first this time lol.

Glad to see you are almost back where you were. Now you can go forward. I am sure won't be long and you will be right back where you want to be.

I have found I do much better not worrying to much about counting anything. Fit day is fun, kind of gives me an idea about what I need to eat since I forget to eat all the time. Today I was putting my green olives on fit day and I saw, guess what, I hadn't eaten today. Surprise surprise. So now I am caught up for breakfast. lol, ok so it is 3:37 and I should be thinking about dinner. Have a lot of eating to do before the say is over.

StillTryin
10-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Shy, must be the day for hardly eating...
I had 1/2 an onion bagel for breakfast with a little whipped philly lite, then at lunch I tried to eat a cup of soup and got 1/2 the way through and was interupted so many times I gave up and tossed the rest...so being that now at 3:30 almost I am hungry and have to wait till dinner I ate a granola bar! SO that should do it for me today..I am having Ham for dinner..

got2gethealthy
10-08-2007, 04:41 PM
weigh in day NO weight loss...geez i am so bummed !! eating and drinking my water dont know what in the world is up. even lowered my calories !! plus i was hungry most of the week..maybe i lost inches though so that thought is keeping me going.. :dizzy: stilltrying...good wishes for the new job.

Shy Moment
10-08-2007, 04:51 PM
got2get
Sometimes eating less isn't the answer. The answer is eating more. I have found I just wasn't eating enough. The closer I am to 1400 calories, no I don't really count but fit day is sure a great way to keep track of things. The more I lose.

Had tuna and come cottage cheese. That is my lunch lol. Getting ready to make dinner.

I am tickled. I did my weight in Saturday since I happen to be at the docs. Had to take my daughter today so I thought what the heck will check the weight. I never do a weigh in less than 14 days apart. Already down another 2lbs :carrot:

Beck1Beck
10-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah, all!! Good job on dropping or maintaining.

Weigh in this morning has left me rethinking my game plan. Up 4 lbs. Based on the way my ankles look, I'm suspecting part of that is water. Also, I had more bread last week than I've had for a while.
Anyway, it's back on the extra water and more time spent in treadmill ****, for me. I KNOW this will work.

Here's a few WORDS TO LIVE BY:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

Tammy
10-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Still, good for you for not being so stressed about the food. I don't know why I'm not losing. Maybe I should give what you are doing a try. Good luck on the job!!!!

Shy, I don't think I ever forget to eat. Congrats on that loss!

Got2, I try to eat close to the amount of calories that I'm allowed. I had considered lowering my calories, but I know that I'd be hungrier then.

Beck, sorry about the gain! I'm sure it will be gone when you up the water and get on that treadmill that you love so dearly!!

I went to water aerobics last night. I had only been there once since hubby went to the hospital on Sept. 10. Felt great! I'm a little sore today though, so I know I overdid it. Maybe that will be my butterfly moving on my tracker.

bobbigene
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
:D
Good morning all! Just checking in before getting busy. Didn't work outside yesterday and won't today either - too blasted humid. Maybe tomorrow will be fix the fence day.

Shy Moment
10-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Tammy
You would think a person could never forget to eat. My husband tells me, dear, I have forgotten a lot of things. Forgotten to brush my teeth before I came down stairs and had to go back upstairs, forgotten my socks and had to go back upstairs. I have forgotten to pick something up at the store for you and have forgotten to put air in the tires. I HAVE NEVER forgotten to eat. How on earth do you do that lol. He will say have you eaten today when he isn't home. I will say ummmmmm let me check fit day and find out. I can hear him, hope she doesn't forget to breath. Oh ya he thinks he is so funny.

bobbiejene
To hot here to really do anything but basic housework. Need to do the lawn again but to hot.

got2gethealthy
10-09-2007, 07:55 PM
thanks for the kind words and support :hug: i think alot of things caused my weight not to move. very stressful week hubby had a cancer check up today and got the all clear :carrot: but it was a worry , now a relief. i also had my 15 month old grandson for a visit and my knee started acting up and was and still am in extreme pain. i think lowering my calories did me in too. because i was hungry i was picking at what i was feeding my grandson..potatoe chip here, slice of buttered bread there, cracker with pnut butter everywhere. so now this week will be better. grandson back home, hubby ok so back to getting healthy me ! woke up depressed this morning, but decided i was just tired and went back to bed. so forward and onward :)

Shy Moment
10-09-2007, 08:23 PM
got2get
Glad good news for the hubby. That has to take so much stress off you. Maybe up those calories a bit. When the picking starts means we aren't eating enough. This is something we are doing for life. We do need to eat lol.

Tammy
10-10-2007, 05:05 AM
Shy, I was cracking up about your husband hoping you would remember to breathe!! I even told my husband and he got a chuckle out of it.

g2gh, praise the lord for the no cancer for your hubby!!! Stress can do so much to our bodies. I know I'm still not back to "normal" with Bob's illness. Not sure how long it will take to be normal, I guess as long as he isn't feeling like he should.

Off to volunteer at the radio station! Why on earth did I sign up for the 6-8 shift for the 3 days?????????????????????????????

StillTryin
10-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Tammy, that sounds fun! What do you have to do at the Radio Station?

Shy, I hear ya, I have NEVER forgotten to EAT!!! Other things YES, but eating, NEVER!!!

bobbigene
10-10-2007, 10:15 AM
Volunteering at a radio station? My dad was in radio and TV for 40 years and the only volunteers I remember were students doing work for school credit. Is it a public radio station and you are manning the phones?

Got the car inspected yesterday and picked up some supplies to make potato baking bags for the microwave. Then I did all of my filing - all those insurance notices and stuff like that. The guy who is doing some work on the outside of my house is here tearing down the gutters. Guess today I'll sew up the potato bags and tomorrow do the fence. It's supposed to be only 82 or so tomorrow, still 90 today. I can get quite a bit of the fence done tomorrow and Friday.

StillTryin
10-10-2007, 11:04 AM
bobbie-what are you talking about here "supplies to make potato baking bags for the microwave" I am curious what you are making???? Please give some more details...thanks!

Shy Moment
10-10-2007, 11:18 AM
havent you all every heard the joke about the blonde and the doc lol

StillTryin
10-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Nope

Shy Moment
10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
A blonde ( I am a blonde so I can tell this joke ) goes to the doc for a check up. As she sits there waiting for him to show up she is paying close attention what she is listening to on her mp3 player.

The doc comes in and starts to examine her. He asked her to please take off her head set so he can take her blood pressure. She says I can't, I will die. He says ok and takes the blood pressure. He asks her to take off the head set so he can listen to her lungs. She says I can't, I will die. He says ok and listens to her lungs. This goes on all thru the exam. He finaly says Mame, you have to take the head set off, I want to check your ears. She says I can't I will die. He tells her to relax she won't die. She takes off the head set and drops dead.

The doc can't believe it, he has no idea what just happened. He starts to hear sound coming from the head set. Curious what the lady was listening to he puts the headset on his own head and hears....breath in breath out, breath in breath out.

I am smarter than the average blonde, I don't need a head set lol.

Tammy
10-10-2007, 05:50 PM
The radio station where I volunteered is a local Christian station who gets most of it's funding from the listeners. I was answering phones and taking pledges. I had never done it before, and they put me on Line 1 which would be the busiest. I told them they were crazy, but I did ok. A man called in about 7:30 and pledged $1000!!!! I told him I loved him!! He was cracking up! I also lost the back of an earring during that call. lol

It really was alot of fun, and I'm glad that I'm doing it the next 2 days. Lots of good music, and I got to know a few of the radio personalities that I listen to on a regular basis.

I'll be leaving for water aerobics soon. The other night I wore shorts and a tshirt when I went. Tonight it will be jeans and a sweatshirt! Crazy weather.

got2gethealthy
10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
i was browsing the speople site and i found this huge list of resturants and the nutritional info for them...let me tell you i was and still am shocked !! i have been a vegetarian for the last 15 years. i thought i was doing good but looking at this info i sure wasnt !! i would go to baja fresh for a veggie quesidilla thinking i was doing ok..yeah right ! it has an unbeliveable 1200 cals and 30 gr. of fat !! most of the things i was eating were the worst on the list !! and the quisadilla was only lunch, plus i would get chips too !! i'll tell you i am sure afraid to eat out anymore, though i guess it will just be more planning on my part...sue

Shy Moment
10-10-2007, 06:47 PM
gottoget
I don't eat out much, thank heavens.

Tammy
That sounds so fun. I should call ours and let them know if they ever need help to let me know.

Tammy
10-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Sue, it's shocking to find out the things we thought were healthy aren't! I hate it when that happens!!

Shy, we really did have a good time yesterday morning. I hope today and tomorrow are fun as well. It will be mostly the same people at that early hour as yesterday, so I think it will be.

Today was weigh in for me. I am down 2 pounds, and I am thrilled!! It takes me forever to lose, but maybe it will stay gone.

Have a wonderful day!!

Shy Moment
10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Tammy
I am so glad for you 2lbs is a good amount. Do you notice we hit threads right before of after each other lol. To bad we can't chat on here too lol.

I have found I like this one brand of green olives, think it is the bite in the brine that I love. I read somewhere they helped raise the good cholesterol and lower the bad. Not sure if that is true or not.

Taylormomto6
10-11-2007, 01:31 PM
Good Morning All,
Glad everyone is doing well. I'm hanging in there and the scale is going down. I'll be it, it feels like its creeping down, but when I checked back on fitday, I've lost 7 lbs in the last month, so I guess thats not too bad. Especially because I've not made a habit of exercise. I did do a 1 mile walking DVD and this time I actually did the whole mile. Last time I quit at 1/2 mile:) I have to say, those things are much harder than real walking. I walk sometimes on the bike path for over a mile and I've never once been sore like I am today. I never realised there would be that much of a difference.

Exercise is my problem area. I can stick to the food plan with little problem, but exercise is another story. I try to commit, but put if off, talk myself out of it....any excuse to not do it. I'm working on it though.

Great Days to all!!

Cindy T

Shy Moment
10-11-2007, 01:42 PM
taylormom
Wow 7lbs that is so great. I thought the same thing, the mile video was much harder than when I walked a mile on the track with my daughter lol. I finaly have been able to do the whole video without hitting pause to use the inhaler.

Asthma is caused by allergies and so depends on the time of year if i really suffer from it or not. This is a bad time of year. Next time will be jan Feb when the ever greens bloom. Unless someone wants to bring one of those stupid trees in the house for Christmas then I get pretty sick lol. Swell, look like our own personal snow man inside the house lol. We did that last year, not going to do it again until I have forgotten why we don't have a real tree lol.

bobbigene
10-11-2007, 02:31 PM
Good afternoon all. I'm caulking and painting today. The workman gut the new fascia boards up and I have to put at least one coat of pain on them before going back to work on Monday. I hate to paint, but I do put down a really nice bead of caulk, IMHO. Guess the fence will wait for another vacation.

The baked potato bags for the microwave are just a layer of cotton batting sandwiched between two pieces of cotton fabric and then all sewn together. The directions to make them are at: http://www.atimetostitch.com/potato_bags.htm

I don't like microwaved potatoes, they come out grainy and don't taste right. But if you make them in this stupid little bag they are just like if they had baked in the oven for 90 minutes! I'm making bunches of them to give to friends at Christmas this year. I can get 6 of them out of a yard of each kind of material. For the inside of the bag, instead of the patterned material, I use cotton drapery lining.

Shy Moment
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
bobbiegene
Those are great. I am going to make a few of them for Christmas presents. Thank you so much, what a great idea. I had a couple of people I had no idea what do get for them. They will love them. Have to decide about the outside of the bag. lol my embroidery does not look like what you showed. Was that done by machine or hand.

StillTryin
10-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks Bobbie- I am checking that out right now!

Well I found out today that 19 people applied for the city auditors job, they are interviewing 5 of them, and I am NOT one of the 5! Oh-well. I was having mental issues with that job already, just because even though it is less hours, it is a BIG pay cut for me and if we are going to buy our house (by the way the owner should be here within a week) I should probably have all the income I can muster..lol
Has anyone ever bought a house fully furnished? We are looking at doing that with this one..kinda interesting to say the least.

Shy Moment
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Stilltryin

I have heard you can do that but haven't know anyone that did. I guess if the prices is right and you like the stuff already there, why not.

bobbigene
10-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Stilltryin - friends of mine bought a fully furnished house, but it was a weekend get away house. They weren't planning on buying the furniture but it was to their taste and when the sellers offered it for not too much more, they bought it. Then they bought the boat, the riding lawn mower and pretty much everything else!

Shy - I don't know if that was an applique or what on the outside of the tater bag, but I didn't go to that much trouble! I bought plaid material so that I didn't even have to mark the cuts - just measure and cut on the line in the fabric. Anything to make it easier.

Shy Moment
10-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Oh thank heavens. I kept looking at that and thought, I am pretty good but I know mine would never look like that lol.

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM
Just a quick check in to let you know I'm alive.

Haven't had a chance to catch up on the thread yet - I will later.

I've had the flu :( really unwell for a whole week... and couldn't bear to eat cold yogurt or raw veggies... so I had cookies and mac & cheese instead :o I couldn't exercise either, I was so weak and out of it.... then I had 2 thanksgiving dinners in a row, with dessert... so I'm afraid to weigh in on Saturday - I have NO IDEA where I'm at.

Anyway feeling a bit better today, I'll be back later to read through - hope everyone is A-OK

Shy Moment
10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
thingirl
Gosh wondered where you had gone to. Same here I can't seem to kick this completely has been about a month now. Eating is nasty because of the congestion and drainage. Sure hope you are feeling much much better. I thought someone said a cookie a day keeps the doctor away. That can't be right can it lol

StillTryin
10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Well the stuff in the house is BEAUTIFUL and they price isnt bad I mean we are talking under $160,000 for the house (over 3500 sq ft) and all the furnishings and they are HIGH quality...so we will see what happens.

Shy Moment
10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
thingirl
how big is the property?

got2gethealthy
10-12-2007, 06:53 PM
gosh a house for 160,00 ! where i live in calif. a 2 bedroom 2 bath condo (apartment) is going for 365,000 ! i need to move :dizzy:

Shy Moment
10-12-2007, 10:12 PM
gottoget

Depends on what you want around here and what you will pay lol. If you want to live in a fancy new allotment you are going to pay big bucks for not much but a couple of bedrooms, couple of baths and be able to say you have a sauna or a whirlpool all on a postage stamp lot. If you want to live out of those allotments like I do you will pay less. We got our house for almost 50,000 less than market because it needed some work.

Who says woman these days don't want men who know how to dig a ditch and swing a hammer lol. Unlike the allotments that have stamp size lots I have over 1 and 1/2 acres and a 4,000sq foot house.

StillTryin
10-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Shy, the lot itself isnt that big, but we have over 3000 acres because we farm so we have a place to go to "get away". This house is 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, formal and casual living room, pantry, craft room, double garage, brick covered patio, corner lot, over 3000 sq ft. But in the area we are in it is maybe a little above average cost for a house similar, but in that price we are getting it fully furnished too. So that is going to be the nice part. We had considered getting one that needed a little work, but my hubby isnt handy that way so we have to hire out the work that needs to be done, so that just doubles your cost...so we figured if we can find a house we like that doesnt need work (move in ready) then we should pursue it....lol

Got2get-I am originally from Southern California and I know prices there are INSANE!!!! My girlfriend from HS just bought a house 2 yrs ago finally and paid BIG$$$$ and it isnt a very big house or in a good neighborhood...so I feel kinda bad for her.

Around me you can get a crappy little house that is fairly old 2-3 bedrooms for under $40,000 and usually they will have a standard 75 x 150 lot. I own another house in town that is 3 bedrooms 2 bath on 6.5 acres but that house isnt right for my family now, it was when I bought it and it was just me and 2 kids but there are 2 more people in my family now so it doesnt work either, and it isnt set up so you can add to it either (unfortunately!)

jodilynn
10-13-2007, 01:34 PM
hi, can I join y'all? I've been doing alli for just about a month now and have lost way more than I have with any other diet recently. Looking forward to losing lots more!

Shy Moment
10-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Stilltry

That makes a huge difference if you can do the work yourself or not. I am handy lol. If it is what your family needs sounds good.

I couldn't believe what people pay for houses. We went to an open house, for the fun of it, in the new allotment that just opened. The houses were twice as small as mine, no yard and want 100,000 more than my house is appraised for. Nuts is what they are lol. You don't pay those prices they won't charge those prices. lol We have now noticed the sign that read starting at 250,000 now says starting at 150,000. House prices are dropping way way down. This is the time to buy a house if you can afford it. Not always the best time to sell a house, depending on where you live.

got2gethealthy
10-13-2007, 03:59 PM
welcome jodilynn !:hug: i have been on alli for about a month too and have lost 5 pounds... so 11 pounds good going. have you had any problems ? it has been good for me so far and i just got a new supply today. cant find the refill pack around here..any questions ask away !;)

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Had to put my signature UP 2 lbs!!! I had too many big dinners and no exercise in the past 2 weeks.... I'm back on track again... hope everyone else is too.

Shy Moment
10-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Thingirl
That is the way to look at it. We know why and we do something about it. Bet you will have that 2lbs off in no time at all.

bobbigene
10-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Good Sunday morning. My vacation is over and it's back to the office tomorrow. Should be a really miserable week - catching up on emails, memos and the like. The REALLY fun part (NOT!) is that I have developed a case of hives. Haven't a clue what set it off, must have been all that work I was doing while on vacation. I have to dose myself with lots of benadryl at night so I can sleep and during the day I'm slathering on anti-itch cream. The only thing I can think that it could possibly be was a new soap that I was using so have tossed that out and will use only Ivory in the shower for a while. It's always something!

On the up side, I didn't gain any weight over my 2 weeks away from work. Didn't lose any either, but I'll take what I can get!

Tammy
10-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I am so upset! I had a message typed, wasn't finished, bumped a key on the keyboard, and the message is gone. I am not a happy camper.

Now I wonder what I said?

Thingirl- hope you are feeling better.
Welcome to Jodilynn
Bobbigene, I'll write you a note so you don't have to go back to work.

Had something typed about house prices, but who knows. That's what I get for not paying attention. Bummer.

Shy Moment
10-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Hope everyone is well. Hate when that happens Tammy. Busy day, chat tomorrow.

got2gethealthy
10-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I LOST 5 POUNDS!!!!!! I LOST 5 POUNDS !!!!! :carrot: :D :dizzy: :carrot: shhhhhh... dont tell the woossh fairy she may take them back ;) i lost 5 pounds i lost 5 pounds !!!! that makes 10 total ! i am so happy this program is going to work for me :hug: sue

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-15-2007, 04:14 PM
5lbs!!! That's terrific :D

You are going strong now!

Shy Moment
10-15-2007, 05:30 PM
got2get
OH THAT IS GREAT. Kind of takes the wind out of my sails that I lost another 2 lol.

bobbigene
10-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Back to work today. Everyone felt sorry for me because of my poison ivy and hives. Except for one manager who said he held to a "10 ft" rule in case I was contagious. Uh, hives and poison ivy aren't contagious. He's a real germaphobe. Rumor has it that he flushes with his foot because the handle is filthy with germs. That's why you are supposed to wash your hands doofus!

got2gethealthy
10-15-2007, 07:49 PM
there is a new monday thread... shy i have lost oz.s on this program and was getting worried it wasnt going to work for me ! you are having great weight losses every week. i never lost 2 pounds in a week ever. you inspire me !

Shy Moment
10-15-2007, 08:22 PM
bobbie
You can get poison ivy from someone, depending on what stage it is in. I thought everyone flushed with their foot.

got2get
Thank you, I didn't even realize I had been at the docs office last Monday. Had to go today to drop off prescription names that they needed to call in for me. 2 lbs 3 weeks in a row WOWOW This is only the 4th time since may 12th my first weigh in that I have lost more than 1lb a week lol

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 06:20 PM
HEY HEY HEY

Thought I would let everyone know. We are going to the Columbus Zoo this coming Sunday, October 21.

Anyone that lives in Ohio, or any place else for that matter. Please catch a ride. Go by plain, train or auto. Put your walk in for the day lol. Come to the zoo. Wouldn't it be a great place to meet each other. Going to be special Halloween things there I guess. Should be lots of fun.

The place is open from 8 am to 8 pm. Cost 10 dollars admittance, under 2 is free I think. 5 dollars parking per car.

See you there.

Taylormomto6
10-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Shy- It's a bit far for me, I'm in Ca.:) but I hope you have a great time!!

Cindy T

Shy Moment
10-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Excuses excuses lol. I bet if i said I was having the chip n dale dancers at my house this weekend. I would have a house FULL of woman lol.