Carb Counters - LOW CARB=="CHAT CHAT CHAT" Oct 8th toOct 14th 2007

beach bum
10-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAYHope that some of you guys are off and sleeping in,as I didn't see a new thread so I took the liberty.

I WAS UP EARLY SO I DECIDED TO START THE NEW THREAD FOR THE WEEK.

Thanks:thanks: for all the well wishes,I feeling a lot better now that I'm taking my new meds.

I did feel a little stress with all that went on this weekend. Got on the scale and I maintained the same amount that i was last week. Luckily:lucky: I didn't gain.

Can't go out to do may walking as its raining :rain: ready hard. Have to use my trusty tapes or bike today instead.

Have to get dressed and go Walmart shopping instead.

Hugs :) BB

FitinTime
10-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Goodmorning Ladies!

I unfortunately had to work today, :( that's okay though, I don't have too much to do here.
Oh and guess who decided to show up after a 3 month hiatus, TOM! :mad: Darn, I thought I was done with that!
I'm so crampy today too, I sure didn't miss TOM!!

I'm down another lb too, which is good!

I hope you all are doing good too and that your weight loss is coming quickly!!!

Take Care!

Azure
10-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Well, good afternoon, ladies! It's a holiday for me, which is nice. I slept in later than I wanted to and got my grocery shopping done so far. Next on the agenda is putting together my menu for the week, pre-cooking some food, getting a workout in, finishing my homework for the next few days, printing out some grad. school info and taking enough time for myself to write in my 12-Week Challenge notebook :D

I'm feeling like I can get most of those things accomplished before the end of the day!

Thanks again for being here for me, ladies! One week of Induction, then it's on to OWL for me :) I'm excited about that!

:grouphug:

MissyFluffs
10-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Good morning ladies. I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Sorry about the sickies BB, glad you're feeling better.

Congrats on the -1 lb Fitntime! Every little bit counts!

I stayed on plan all weekend! Yea me! Weekends have always been difficult for me. Glad I made it. I'll be joining a gym on Wednesday, hope to start getting an hour in every day. I've been having a hard time making myself work out at home... as you can see, I've got a very slow start on my October exercise goals.

On a personal note... I broke off my engagement yesterday. I'm still seeing him and all that, as he truly is my best friend. I just need him to be more into the whole wedding thing if I'm going to call him my fiance, and take myself off the market. So, I gave him the ring back, I told him he could try and ask again when/if he's more certain. Thanks to Puncie for giving me some good talking points. I asked him if he thought he would love me more if I lost more weight. He didn't know how to answer that. It made me realize that we have more problems than I thought. Time to put my life in a different direction, KWIM? I'm sad about it all, but at the same time I feel more empowered.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

aud
10-08-2007, 02:53 PM
:coach:24 days left . . . . 24 days left in Spookalicious October LC'ers!!! :witch:

Hi Everyone!:haphal:

Getting in the spirit of demons :dracula: . . . Tess will be having her 10th Birthday on the 19th - planning a sleep-over and everything MUST BE Halloweenie-Based!!!:badbat: We got the front yard & porch pretty much decorated yesterday - record high - so HOT . . . so I'm getting "in the mood" - even tho' doesn't feel remotely "autumny!"

Also getting in the spirit of making these 24 remaining days of ROCKtober COUNT! Kicking it up several notches - Day 1 of being totally OP . . . Day One of slurping down plain clear Water and Day One of continuing to knock myself out with the endorphins of EXERCISE!:carrot:

Join me?:^:

:eating2:

:hun:

:swim:

:ebike:

:wl:

:woops:

:running:

:exercise:

:workout:

:dust:

I'm exhausted from EMOTICON OVERLOAD! already!!! :whoo:

How scary for you (and Leo) beachie!:hug: Glad you're sounding good now!

Hope everyone else is having a super renewed Monday feeling like I've got . . . just got called into work early so no time to chat - :( - will check back with y'all in the Wee Hours of the gloaming!:ghost:

aud
10-08-2007, 03:01 PM
Posted at the same time MissyF (can't bear to call you "MF" on a momentous occasion as this!)

Or maybe I should?;)

Just gotta say YOU ROCK!:carrot: Go with that empowered feeling GF . . .

*ahhhhh, how different my life would be had I been BRAVE enuf to make the choice you have in standing up for yourself!* :hug:

Puncezilla
10-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Mornin' everyone.

BB, Thanks for starting us up. Have a great Columbus day! It's Thanksgiving day here in Canada. Luky for my diet I don't have any family close so I didn't have to worry about the usual huge turkey dinner. Glad your feeling better.

FIT, Congrats on another LB! Keep it up!:woohoo:

Azz, Good luck with the OWL. You're so close to goal.:high:

Missyfluffs, Good for you staying OP over the weekend! And I't sounds like you did the right thing with your BF, Maybee he'll ask again when he's ready or maybee best friend is a better role for him and You'll find someone else who is better for you.

Aud, Rocktober! I like the sound of that. It's very autumny here, my exercise for today will be raking leaves.

lynnar
10-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Hey, no one around here even knows it's a holiday! I remember celebrating Columbus day up north, but no one in the south seems to know who Columbus was!!

I had a busy weekend cleaning out the bedroom of the 20 y.o. who moved out of the house. I know I'm crazy, but I hate my kids leaving the nest and I really hate getting rid of all their stuff, but the 15 y.o. wants the bedroom, so... It was a big project and I was an emotional mess but luckily too busy to eat. There was lots of lifting and moving, etc. I stayed on plan and even got the gym for some eliptical on Saturday, so I was kind of hoping for a big weight loss, but no. Weight is the same. I basically lost 8 pounds in three weeks, but all of it was in the first two weeks. I'm thinking I may have to cut out my one salad a day and I hate that Does anyone here use the sticks to check for ketosis? I have some in my bathroom cabinet, but they're past their expiration date. I haven't used them, just in case they're defective, but I hate buying more when I have those. I don't know how to find out if they're bad or not.

I was kind of considering doing low fat Atkins but I know what the book says about that. But it seems like since I tend to eat so much chicken, the only excess calories to cut are the fats, including salad dressing and cheese. After all, salad and chicken and even the occasional pork chop or salmon filet are low in calories as well as carbs.

So I don't know if I should cut carbs even lower or start cutting fat or go on the way I'm going. I can be patient, but there's a point where I really need some progress to keep going.

Sorry to hear about the illnesses. Is it possible the LC WOL affects your heart rate? Probably the stress is worse though.

Fluffy, I saw the red flag in your post last week too. It sounds to me like you did the right thing-especially leaving the door open for a future friendship that could easily become more. Concentrate on yourself first though.

So if anyone has an opinion on how to jumpstart my weightloss, I'm open to anything. Better get back to work now though. Lynn

ilovemike4alwayz
10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Ladies. Well I am battling allergies big time. I dont know what to take anymore. Medicine is so dang expensive.

MissyFluffs - I think you made the right decision to think about yourself first. You cant be right with someone else until you can be right with you. More power to you!

Aud You can get anyone into the holiday mood. LOL

FIT Great job on the pound lost.

BB I am so glad that you are feeling better.

Azure Good luck on getting everything done. I have to make a list and check it off as i go.

lilybelle
10-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone, it is raining buckets full here. I plan to clean house today. I had been eating on-plan but dove into a pumpkin pie last night that my SD baked. I forgave myself and got right back on plan today.

fluffy, sounds like you did the right thing with the BF. Wished many times I had the strength to have done the same thing.

lynnar, I'm watching both my cal's and carbs. Using turkey bacon and canadian bacon in substitution for my regular ham, sausage or bacon. It does help cut the fat and cals from my menu. I do eat fruit since it's low cal and hasn't hurt with my wt. loss and maintenance. While I was doing strict Atkins, I never had a problem with gaining from salads, but felt that LF ranch dressing was better for me and LF cheeses. (I had a real problem with overdoing it on the dressing and cheese). In the beginning of my wt. loss journey, the full fats didn't hurt me. But, the closer I got to goal wt. the more I had to also pay attention to how many calories I was eating. I use Fitday to log my daily food and it helps me watch both.

Hi to the whole group. Hope you have a great day.

Good news is I went shopping yesterday and finally found undies that fit. LOL, I have such a flat butt now that panty shopping is a pain the keister.

krawhitham
10-08-2007, 07:39 PM
On a personal note... I broke off my engagement yesterday. I'm still seeing him and all that, as he truly is my best friend. I just need him to be more into the whole wedding thing if I'm going to call him my fiance, and take myself off the market. So, I gave him the ring back, I told him he could try and ask again when/if he's more certain. Thanks to Puncie for giving me some good talking points. I asked him if he thought he would love me more if I lost more weight. He didn't know how to answer that. It made me realize that we have more problems than I thought. Time to put my life in a different direction, KWIM? I'm sad about it all, but at the same time I feel more empowered.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Wow Missy, I am so sorry to hear this news - I hope you are doing okay.

I feel like you are in my life because my boyfriend and I of 2 years broke up last night. He initiated it, he said he wasn't prepared for the type of commitment that I am ready for...and many other various reasons that I thought were insignificant...

We are best friends and it breaks my heart but what can ya do?? So now I am looking for studio apartments so I can move out of this situation ASAP... I wasn't about to get engaged or anything, but I definitely know how you feel. :(

In weight loss news....there isn't any, I haven't lost! Which I'm beginning to find slightly amusing...

aud
10-09-2007, 05:19 AM
I am a Zombie but just had the thought of hidden carbs pop into my Zombified Brain, lynnar.

Bad toothache . . .

Major pain pills . . .

Gonna dream of a studio apartment, I think kraw . .

Hang in there Girl!:hug:

Up early to find a dentist . . .

Arghghghghghghghg . . . . :(

ilovemike4alwayz
10-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Morning Ladies. Well I am finally feeling a little better and I am finally going to get to do some grocery shopping. I dont think that I told you guys, but last week they removed a non cancerous (sp) tumor out of the right side of my ab. It was the size of a soft ball. Well then I found out that I am allergic to the tape that they used so now I have all of these wonderful blisters around my incision and then my allergies hit me hard, so it has been a rough ride, but hey i am a trooper. so I should be able to start my first day of induction tomorrow and i am so excited to watch the pounds go go go and be gone. Hope everyone is well.

lynnar
10-09-2007, 10:06 AM
Good morning. It's my early day so I get to work before I eat breakfast or even wake up. I have my microwave omelet here at my desk. It's really not bad.

I thought about it all day yesterday and I guess there are carbs I can cut out of my diet (besides the salad). I know I eat too much cheese and I know there are a couple of carbs in the sausage I usually eat for breakfast. And sometimes I get my diet coke with fresh lime at Sonic. I don't think there's a lot of carbs there, but I guess I ought to try cutting all that before I cut my daily salad or do the low cal thing. The Atkins book specifically says not to use low cal products, although when I look at Lilybelle's stats I wonder if the book is kind of dated. Maybe I should be counting calories. That'll be my next thing if I do of week of purer Atkins and it doesn't work. I don't see myself every giving up caffeine completely (as I guzzle my third cup of coffee) so I'll never be an Atkins Purist. And I admire people who use food journals. Another thing I've tried and tried and failed and failed.

I'm only up this early because of the 15 y.o. cross country practice, but I discovered today that I almost like it. Strange for a person who has spent so many decades HATING getting up. I came out of the gym at 6:55 (for the 7 a.m. kid pick up) with my heart rate still high and my hair still wet for the shower, and the sun was just coming up and it felt kind of good. It was very pretty, and cool (we've been having that record breaking heat this fall) and very quiet. Do i love it enough to start a new early morning exercise regime when DD doesn't have CC? He!!, no. But it was nice.

Time to start my actual work day. Take care everyone.

FitinTime
10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

How are you all doing today?

Ilovemike4alwayz, wow a tumor! That's wondeful that they took it out, and the size of it, my gosh, I can't imagine how that would feel! And you are a trooper, your mental state is really good! Good for you for being as brave as your are!!! :hug:

Hi Lynnar, and Krawhitham, hang in there, you'll find the lc combination that will get you to lose weight. It's just trial and error with food to see what works and what doesn't. Sometimes you have to cut back on foods to see if it's stalling you or allowing you to lose.

When I eat, I usually eat fats and protein, that has been working for me. I'll cook my veggies and eggs in coconut oil, that is a good oil to use and aids in weight loss. I mainly eat for veggies, radishes, cucumber, and bell peppers. I occasionally will have cauliflower, broccoli and aparagus.
I eat lots of red meat and chicken cooked in coconut oil or grilled. My DH does a lot of grilling on Saturday, and we cook all our meats for the week, so I just heat it up and make my vegetables or salads. It does help to do things a head of time.

You'll find what's right for you and you'll be losing weight in no time!!
Hang in there Ladies!!! :hug:

Hi Aud, Ow, poor thing, toothaches are painful! :( I hope your tooth ache goes away, I'm sure once you see the Dentist! You hang in there too!

Hi BB, Bouncing (where are you!), Azure (have you ever thought about being a model?) Lily, Punce, Missy, who else, I hope I didn't forget anyone. This awesome group is growing into a nice little family!!
If I forgot you, please forgive me!! :hug:

I hope you all are doing good and I hope you all continue to lose! We can do this and lose this weight!!! :carrot::carrot:

Take Care!!!

beach bum
10-09-2007, 12:46 PM

I don't have any time to post, I took Leo to the hospital for the Endoscopy Procedure that will widen this throat a bit so he can swallow better.

Have to pick him up,in two hours.,and than I have to go to a funeral rehearsal my choir is having this afternoon for the funeral mass for my friend tomorrow morning.

Fit-Congrats :cheer:on your 1 lb weight loss.I agree with you TOM can play a big factor in weight loss. Luckily:luckily: He doesn't visit me anymore.I'm here, I just was delayed in posting as I had to go to the hospital this morning. Something I didn't know about coconut oil,aiding into weight loss. I know about apple cider vinegar ,but never oil. Learn something new very day.

AZURE-Maybe next week I will join you & go back to induction[phase 1] as I wrote my food journal for this week.I need to lower the carb again,as they were creeping up over the weekend with comfort foods.

Aud-I see you LOVE :dracula:HALLOWEEN:dracula: ,as your counting down to the event. My favorite Halloween movies are with Bella Lagose & Christopher Lee's Dracula
Movies. Thanks for the well wishes,sorry about you tooth ache,send some [[[[cyper hugs]]]]] your way.

Missy Fluff-Thanks for your wishes also, I really feeling a lot better now that I changed my meds.Sorry for breaking your engagement,but its better to find out before you got married.

Puncezilla-Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Good for you you didn't feel like over indulging. We are going to be alone on our Thanksgiving and we will do the same.

Lyn-We didn't have any Columbus Day celebration either.Maybe up in Boston but not down here on the Cape.Congrats on your 8 lb loss. You doing terrific,wish I could move my ticker down. When I do go down its very very SLOOOW!!

Lily-Happy to see you posting again,glad that your shopping proved positive.

ilovemike-I didn't know you weren't feeling well, hope you're on the mend.Oh My!! an noncancerous tumor on your tummy. So sorry to hear about that. That a huge tumor glad it out and you can go one with your life. Thanks:thanks: for you well wishes in a early post.

Have to go,start my dinner above I go out again.

Hugs :)BB

krawhitham
10-09-2007, 12:53 PM
THIS is weird... I drank alcohol last night. I know I know you aren't supposed to, I had 3 shots of vodka in diet coke. Other than that I only ate meat yesterday, eggs, ground turkey, steak, and have decreased my cheese consumption in general.

This morning...I LOST 2 LBS!!! 133.5! YAY!

But I don't think it's real. I think I'm just dehydrated from the alcohol...I drank a TON of water last night before I went to bed and I am not hung over or anything, but I'm always a couple pounds lighter after I drink....so I think it's a false loss....but I'm gonna enjoy it anyways :p

Azure
10-09-2007, 01:16 PM
I love post-boozing losses on the scale. They usually don't last, but I know you've been trying to knock yourself out of a plateau--so enjoy it, hon! Maybe it'll stick!

aud
10-09-2007, 02:05 PM
'Morning All . . . so glad the dentist can get me in at 1pm . . . couldn't go on this way and it's all my own fault. Got a "temporary" crown that I missed the two week apptment for the permanent one - Oh - I'd say about two MONTHS ago!:o: Started getting sensitive to hot/cold b4 going into throbbing pain. I'm soaking it in hot coffee right now and it's doing a bit better.:dizzy: Even tho' the AHA said that it's not necessary anymore - I'm taking the mega anti-biotics b4 the apptment for my mitrol valve infection protection . . . told the doc that living thru my Late Mom's Mitrol Valve Replacement Surgery leaves me wanting to be safer than sorrier, ya know?

As we said in the 70's - quite often ;) - "Better Living Thru Pharmaceuticals!"

I'm a believer.

We've got a LOT of medical stuff going on, don't we LC'ers? Thoughts & Prayers to Beachies' Leo & ilmike's continued recovery sent out!:hug:

Don't think I've Posted about the crisis in our extended family - my Great Niece has been in ICU for over a week with kidney failure!:( (My Retired Sis' granddaughter - I DID post about her when Puncie was going to visit Family that never were real concerned about her medical condition, remember?) Anyhoo . . . I Posted about how her Mom and other GMa would give her iced tea even tho' it flushed her potassium out - a no-no with her genetic potassium prob as a toddler and how she'd been doing fine for the last 5-6 years?

Should have known to knock on wood.:(

Now the Poor Lil 6 yr old has renal failure that top docs in the nation are having trouble pinpointing the cause of!:( First they thought it was related to a strep infection - but have ruled that out. They've got a name for it but I've misplaced after googling - but something like "globular proliferative nephritis Type 2" - with the most worrisome symptom (besides the threat of permanent kidney damage/dialysis/transplant) is out of control blood pressure/very high levels that beta blockers isn't bringing down.:(

Mega Prayer Request as the Doc's try to find out if this is related to her Potassium Disorder and/or lupus that runs in our side of the family.

Disturbing side note: :(Yes, the dysfunctional Mom/Grandma & Grandma BF ARE trying to sneak her PEPSI & Food from the cafeteria - even tho' everything that goes in the Poor Dear's mouth and out the other end is being carefully measured and monitored - WTF is WRONG with these people?????????:mad::(:mad::(:mad::

Puncezilla
10-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Aud, I will sure be praying for your niece, and the doctors who are treating her. I'll never understand how her Mom and Gran would try to give her things she shouldn't have. I hope she has someone there realy looking out for her.

Have fun at the dentist :devil: .

Ilovemike, Ouch! I hope your recovering well, aside from the blisters. I'v never heard of anyone being alergic to the tape before! I have a lot of allergies too, after living with nose bleeds, headaches, GI-distress, eczema etc.. I can relate to them being hard to deal with. I hope you find something that helps, and doesn't cost a fortune.

BB, I hope DHs hospital visit went well.

Kraw, Hope the loss sticks! According to the book the vodka shouldn't take you out of ketosis. :hug:Sorry about your BF. Good luck with the house hunting.

Fit, I have read about coconut oil being good and am going to buy some next time I go out. I also just ordeed some coconut flour from nettrition, it is very high in fiber and low in carbs.

Lynn, Good thinking to cut back on dairy and diet pop. I would also look closer at the sausages most of them contain wheat crumbs and/or high fructose corn syrup. These can definately stall you. I don't know how much you have to lose, but if you are close to goal it will be slower and you may also have to watch callories or increase exrcise. I find fitday very helpful. Hang in there, you'll make it work!

I hope everyone else is having a good week! Missing you, Bouncie!

Azure
10-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Auddie, I'm so sorry about your niece. I'll keep your family in my thoughts, for sure. :hug: I wish your great-niece's doctors would tell the family to stay away--or at least insist on monitoring the visits, so they can't give her something that could potentially harm or kill her! I hope your dentist appointment went well, too. I need to see a dentist myself, soon...I haven't been able to find a good one.

BB-- Hey, if you want to do Induction with me, feel free :) I think I just need to drop myself back down to the basics before I start adding more carbs, slowly. So far, so good!

So far, so good! I resisted the temptation to give in to junk food yesterday, and today's great so far, too :) I went for a walk just now to get a few things from Target (I was out of printer paper), and it was a lovely hour-long walk. It's beautiful outside today: sunny, cool, breezy...just a gorgeous textbook New England Fall day! My favorite kind!

Tonight, it's cardio kickboxing again :) I LOVE that class so much. The instructor's 5 foot nothing, lean, muscular and just PACKED full of energy. She's so energetic the whole time!

Anyway, it's early yet and I'm gonna try to get some work done before my class tonight! :hug: Love you ladies!

beach bum
10-09-2007, 04:35 PM
My Leo Is Home, and hes Fine,except that hes hungry. Pureed a hot homemade veggie soup for him.

He says that he'll be alright so, I can leave him & go to our choir rehearsal & right after go to the funeral home next door to the church for the wake.

Have to go will check in tomorrow after the funeral.

Have a great evening

Hugs :) Maryann

ilovemike4alwayz
10-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Tonight, it's cardio kickboxing again :) I LOVE that class so much. The instructor's 5 foot nothing, lean, muscular and just PACKED full of energy. She's so energetic the whole time!

I love cardio kickboxing. I took it when i was in high school and omg the weight just melted away. i wish they had classes here near me i would so sign up for it in a instant.:carrot:

lynnar
10-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey if alcohol really causes weight loss I should be skin and bones! I thought it was alcohol that caused the weight gain! I've been trying to stay on the wagon (induction!) but I had a couple of drinks both Saturday nights in the last two weeks. Didn't notice an effect either way.
Lots of medical stuff going on. Anyone who can stay on plan through things like tumor removal or even bad tooth aches is doing better then me! I've been very lucky lately though and so has my family. (knock wood).
I haven't taken the time to make myself a ticker or even add stats to my signature, but I'd like to lose a total of 80 or 90 pounds. In a way, I have a hard time believing that. I've been in denial for a long time. My shorter term goal was supposed to be 30 pounds by Thanksgiving, but that's a little ambitous. I wanted to have a good weight loss in the two months leading up to Thanksgiving and then try to maintain through Christmas and then start all over again in losing mode. That was the plan, as flawed as it may be. I'll probably keep trying but that month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is my own personal weight loss ****. Besides the problem of lots of really good food, you have to factor in the stress and the parties and the baking and.... If I can maintain it's a victory.

ilovemike4alwayz
10-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I just had to post this really quick. I was looking for a new "1st" job to replace my one that is out of town and closer to home and i finally found one. i start on friday. ok now i have to go to walmart to get my stuff.

alie
10-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Hi All... I've posted on other LC threads but haven't checked in here at chat so I thought I would for a change. I haven't posted much the last two weeks, life is hectic with work, family, and college.

My dad has cancer and has had to start chemo again, today was the first day (he is in for inpatient chemo, three days per week every other week for the next six months). It's going to be a long winter! It's been a good three years off the chemo, but he went down hill the last month or so.

I hope everyone has been doing good lately. I'll try to stop in and say hi at least once a week. :) Thanks for all the support!

ilovemike4alwayz
10-10-2007, 10:27 AM
Just wanted to jump on here really quick. Today is my first day of induction and my official starting day weigh in is 249 even. Now i am going back to bed cause I am sleepy and I will post when I wake up. Have a great day ladies.

RobinW
10-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi Alie, lots of positive thoughts for your dad :hug:

Lots has been going in my head the last week, and its been a tough road. Ive made some discoveries. Things Ive known all along, but finally admitted to myself that I need help for it. I am back on plan today, and I will keep my promise to myself today :)

Have a great day ladies!

aud
10-10-2007, 03:35 PM
Pharmaceuticals and more pharmaceuticals . . . gosh I'm in pain and whacked on vicodin - bad news is: Tooth STILL pounding!:( Need a root canal but have to take all this anti-biotic first . . . temporary crown still on and the pressure is becoming unbearable. Gotta go in early to work so giving it another day - if it feels like this tomorrow just going to have to have them yank this sucker. Last nite was a real Vico-Adventure as I wandered the assembly lines in a pain pill fog - today the forecast is even foggier!:dizzy:

Who was wondering about expired keto-sticks?:?: I asked the nurse at work and she didn't think they would be affected much by expiration dates unless they were years and years old.

Hiya alie! Glad you came by to chat!:hug: Prayers on the way for your Dad & you.

I am stumped that you are stalled lynnar!:?::( I think the weight should just be falling off you! I think I remember jerseygirl saying cheeses stalled her but not sure on that . . . the only other thing I can think of is the diet Coke - not the lime. I've weaned myself off all carbonated "diet" drinks and experienced a whoosh of weight loss when I switched to iced tea/green tea.

Dunno.

GOT to be frustrating.

As I look around this cluttered house think I'll continue dreaming of a studio apartment and also now: CARDIO KICKBOXING! What do you actually DO in a class like that? Fight someone else or just pretend? How does it get intense enuf for cardio? Do you wear boxing gloves?

Tried the boxing thingie the other night - (little bag?) Couldn't get a rhythm going. Hilarious. Not gonna try that again while I'm in Vico-Fog!:o

Tx so much for the little niece prayers everyone!:hug: She sure needs them. The family dynamic thing is complicated . . . the nurses HAVE run some of the extended family out of the room - who were lounging around on the floor eating and drinking in front of her etc . . . and did sternly tell the Mom & Grandma OFF when they overheard about the Pepsi etc . . . My Sis (her other G'ma) is in a precarious position of overhearing this crap - which they oddly think is all about "love," ya know? - but if she is too forceful she is afraid they will make HER leave. The Dad - her youngest son - is a wimp - totally dominated by these two women. What's tragic - this may be at the expense of his daughters LIFE!:mad: My Sis did speak up and tell the nurse when they were in the process of sneaking her PIZZA of all things . . . as I told you - she's on an extremely monitored bland diet with NO SODIUM. The nurse went wild and my Sis got the blame - so walking a fine line with these inlaws - she HAS to be there to protect the lil thing . . . but actually has no rights as a grandparent if the parents say they don't want her there, ya know?:(

AAAAAaaaack . . . that story reactivated my toothache!:p

Just NUTS!

So glad you checked in lilyb!:hug: Wish bouncie would too!:( Saw there were some landslides in CA the other day but didn't hear the name Cobb Mountain . . . now I'm starting to worry.:(

azzie tx so much for being here . . . Gosh I LOVE reading your Posts!:hug: IA with beachie that you could be a model! I'm finding myself more and more in love with rock body Jillian - but just know that I can't do anything too complicated like figuring macro-nutrients right now. Maybe when I'm rock bodied? My goal is to become like a whole food - intuitive eater - most days that goal seems far fetched - but some times I see the glimmer and that's what keeps me going.

Right now I just see the glimmer of Vico-Fog - oh YEAH - it's kicking in Baby!:carrot:

Congrats on the new & improved job ilmike! I'll be thinking of you and your first day of Induction.

I've been OffPlan eating some soft foods in the last two days . . . I've got some yogurts in now so will be right back on track - I know it's tricky with the dairy/antibiotics but just couldn't think what else I can get past this throbbing Ball O'Roots, ya know?

Gosh this is a loooong a$$ Post . . . and haven't even "spoke" to Beloved Beachie & Puncie & Fit & Fluffy & Robin & krawie!:(

I also sometimes wonder how Sherry is doing. Come tell us Sherry if you're out there! Hello to ms.spotdog as well!!! *waving*

Love and Good Vibes to All . . . ttyal!

beach bum
10-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi Ladies:)

What a whirl wind I went though this weekend but now Leo is home and doing fine and the funeral for my friend is over, I should be able to get back to my normal self again.

Going to start my induction[phase1] again,tomorrow now that I go the food in. I baking Rev.Rolls as I posting. I love :love: bread and its off:nono: limits on either plan.So the rev rolls is a great find on the L/C recipe sites.Its eggs & ricotta cheese,and its welcome on Induction.

Kraw-Great weigh loss Congrats :cheers: on your 2- lbs.

AUD-Prayers on there way for both children. I hate:devil: that when it happens to little children.They're so innocent,have no idea:shrug: why it happens to them. Sorry:sorry: you had such a time at the dentist. Hope the pain subsides soon.

Puncezilla-All is Ok again,thanks :thanks: for your prayers.

Azure-Thanks, I'm going to go back to Induction tomorrow. I don't know why, but I seem to be adding carbs back too fast into my menus. That happened to me when I was on the South Beach also. I have to get a real good carb counter,or pay more attention to fitday,and get out of that bad habit. Never tried kickboxing.Is it hard to learn??? I saw some videos at the Mall,but thought they were to hard for some like me to do.

Lynn-Losing 30 lbs by Thanksgiving could be doable,but 15 is most likely. If you lose 2 lbs a week that thats 8 in a month and 16 in two months. Those are the #'s I'm aiming for. Good Luck:luck2you: in your weight loss journey.

ilovemike-Big congrats:cheers: for finding you new job.Very happy for you,have a great time shopping.

alie-Hi Welcome :welcome: to the board. You'll like it here the ladies are very supportive and motivative also.Sorry :sorry:about your fathers cancer.I went thought that 1 year ago with my DH.
but thank goodness hes in remission. He had lung cancer,and the radiation & chemo treatments were harsh but the cancer is gone. Hope you find that in your case also.

lynnar
10-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Hi,
Late check in for me. Aud, thanks for asking about the keystix. I think they are about three years old, but I was wondering why they had an expiration date in the first place. I thought they might be O.K.
Today I got the "key-taste" which I'm sure means I have the "Key-breath" but that means I should be in Key-tosis so that's good news for me. I had a left over pork chop for breakfast and only one little slice of cheese with my lunch salad so I'm being good. Except for the diet coke, oops.
Sorry to hear about your toothache. Ouch!!
And Alie, sorry your dad's sick. Sounds terrible.
We tried kick boxing in my step class a while ago and I couldn't do it. It's just too hard. It's also pretty high impact and I worry about hurting myself, but I can see how it would be fun. I've been doing the step class for two years now and I love it. Great teacher and it feels like dancing. I tell people all the time that I'm not a "class" kind of person. For years I did the stair master or an eliptical with a book opened in front of me. I'm not completely anti-social, but I thought I only liked exercising alone. The step class ended up being perfect for me, so the moral of the story is "try everything once!"
Just got off the phone with DH. No kids home for dinner tonight and he wants to eat on the boat (we live on a lake). I'm trying to think of something I can buy ready made that fits induction. Rotiseirre chicken just doesn't sound that good although that's probably what we'll end up with.
This Low Carb thing does simplify my menus. The bottom drawer of my frig is almost empty now. I used to buy lots of veggies (although lots of time I never got around to cooking them). Now I have lettuce in the crisper and a cucumber and a red onion in the drawer. Surprisingly the family has not been that upset by the lack of veggies. I usually make them a package of rice or noodles and they think that counts. I only feel a little guilty about their terrible diet. I guess if one of them comes down with scruvy I'll feel worse.

ilovemike4alwayz
10-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Ok Ladies,
Man I was really sleepy. I did do some cleaning today and what not. I didnt start today. I dont know why buy all i could stomach was some soup. Prolly the meds that I am on. I feel you AUD I have been in Codine land for the last 2 weeks I hate the feeling but man I havent had sleep that well in a long time.:dz: But I have been weening myself off of it. Hopefully I will feel better enough to start tomorrow, but i am not gonna rush it and make myself feel worse. :( I am sad that though that i didnt get to start. I am so ready to see the results and watch the pounds go. Well I need to get ready for work. Talk to yall later.:D

alie
10-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Thanks for all the kind words! You guys are the BEST!!

Aud... so sorry about your tooth, I know how horrible that is. Hang in there.

Thanks for the warm welcome BB! I am glad your DH is doing so well. My dad was stage 4 colon cancer with multiple tumors thoughout his body 4 yrs ago. Chemo shrunk the tumors, but he lives knowing he has cancer and they can't cure him. Just thankful for the extra time he gets with us, and the chemo is what helps him extend his life.

Robin, I noticed your location is WNY... I grew up in Delevan, NY which is south of Buffalo (near Springville/Arcade area). Hang in there with your plan. You can do this! Stay positive. Making life changes is not easy, but we're here for you!!! :hug:

Azure
10-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Aud, you are clearly a in a vico-fog ;) I got a little taste of "I love you, man" in your post! I hope you're recovering from today's procedure and I hope your root canal will be taken care of soon!! I've only HEARD about those...and I never want to have to go through one! My dad hates how Novocaine feels and he went WITHOUT for his root canal O.O He's crazy.

BB, there are SO many "hidden" carbs in foods...I'm staying
as far away from any food that isn't "whole" as possible this time around. That way, I know EXACTLY what I'm eating and EXACTLY what's in it. I guess in order to be successful, we have to be a little OCD in the beginning.

For Auddie and BB-- About Cardio Kickboxing :)

I actually went to a class tonight taught by a different instructor. They have different styles, so I'll try to talk about it in a general way! Basically, you learn punching and kicking moves (ever see Billy Blanks?) against an "imaginary" partner. The room we do it in is mirrored on every wall--you usually pick a target to punch at (I use my face in the mirror). To keep the heart rate up we do a kinda jumping shuffle between moves, punch and kick hard. She incorporates jumping jacks, shuffling forward and backward...things like that. There's high-energy music pumpin' in the background and she just keeps your heart rate UP!

I wear a heart rate monitor. For my Tues/Thurs instructor (I prefer her), my heart rate is usually 170-180 for most of the class.

Tonight, the class was almost like extended intervals--she did really intense moves followed by some non-intense moves. So my heart rate went up and down. I definitely approve of intervals! But her music/personality wasn't as motivating for me :) My heart rate was around 145 during the "low intensity" bits and up around 170-180 during the "high-intensity" parts.

During the hour-long Tues/Thurs class I usually burn about 650 calories. Tonight in the 1.5 hour cardio kick (with the other instructor) I burned 800.

Were those too many numbers?

RobinW
10-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Good Morning :coffee: <~~~second cup :D

Hi Alie, Ive been thru springville many times, it so pretty there this time of year. Im in North Buffalo...been here about 6 yrs now.

Im ok today :) I went to a meeting last night, and felt wonderfully calm after it. Made the evening very easy to pass without fear of the cravings or wanting to snack.

Today is another day.....and I can do this :)

Have a great day ladies!

Ms Spotdog
10-11-2007, 12:22 PM
HA! Auddie - You know I'm out here everyday doing my morning coffee read with you guys. That has been my routine for years now!

I love how this group has grown right now. People come and go but it is almost always filled with such interesting, caring individuals. I have to say that it really does keep my faith up in humanity that there is some many good people in the world! (ok - that was kinda deep for a Wednesday morning...)

I'm doing ok. I'll be 48 in a week and I'm kicking myself that I'll be launching into a new year closer to 160 than 150. And I DO know that _I_ am the only one that can do anything about that. GOTTA get my crap together here and get on the stick (or at least the treadmill - THAT would help!)

My oldest will be 21 on Friday and to celebrate she and her boyfriend (the Ninja) are taking me to Las Vegas for Sunday - Tuesday! I've never been so it should be great fun! I've been scanning my closet for 'ho wear' since I've got to blend in with the natives, right? No? My boyfriend (still my Superman) can't go cuz of work. I'm bummed about that but dealing with it.

I better run: High fives to all of you OP and losing. Prayers and healing vibes to all of you in need. And a big smile and cyber hug to everyone for just, ya know, being here!

Kel

ilovemike4alwayz
10-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Hi ladies. Ok I am starting today. I am fixing to go make myself some eggs and sausage. YUM! Be back soon

beach bum
10-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi Ladies:)

We trying to call the doctor for a follow up on what happened to us over the weekend,and guess what. We can't get a hold of the doctor.He was supposed to be in his office at 9AM but now its 9:45 and no doctor. Only the answering service.
Oh well there always tomorrow.

It looks like it going to down pour again,so no walking for us,I have to rely on my bike or walking tapes this afternoon. Going grocery shopping and I'm thinking back to low carbing again. I eating too much rye bread lately and luckliy the numbers on the scale are holding steady,but need to move the #'s downward.

Have to go, will post later go to have my dinner now

lynnar
10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi, I was so happy about being in (suspected) Ketosis yesterday I had myself a little cheese fest and wrecked it. I guess it was the cheese. We did eat on the boat last night and I bought hot wings and some corned beef. I only ate a little corned beef because I read the package (after I bought it unfortunately) and saw one gram of carb. But I was hungry last night and kept going back to the frig for a slice of cheese-too many times I think.

Cheese is the only real snack thing I've been eating. I'm trying to avoid veggies, except my one salad a day. At home I can sometimes find some leftovers to snack on-cold pork chops or something, but when I'm out I haven't been eating anything except the occasional cheese stick. Seems like that should be O.K., but I'm really not losing. I've been at the same weight for a week and a half - eating mostly induction level. It's been almost a month since I've had anything sweet, or any bread or a beer. So I'm at the point where I really need a reward like a nice weight drop. In my hundreds of diets over the years, this is where I give up. When it seems like I'm denying myself for nothing.

Also, I'm not getting a lot of support from DH. He's got the "Oh yeah, you're doing that diet thing" attitude. Constantly suggesting places to go and things to do that really are not going to be conducive to my staying OP. We were invited to go with good friends to an October fest weekend. I know my limits. I know that going to a place where the entire point is to drink lots of different kinds of beer and abstaining isn't going to happen. But DH really wants to go and isn't above using the guilt card on me.
So that's my whining for today. Thanks for listening.

You guys almost have me inspired to try another kick boxing class. Actually today's exercise is probably going to be a walk around the soccer field while my younger DD is refereeing a game. She'll need a ride from there to dance class. I could make a career out of driving her around!!

ilovemike4alwayz
10-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Ok so today is my first day on induction and I can already feel the carb withdraw. This is such a yucky feeling. I think I am going to go and take a nap to try and pass the time.

Hey Lynnar, Just curious as to why you are trying to avoid veggies and only stick to cheese? Veggies are a good source of fiber and you know what fiber makes you do.... Have you tried laying off the cheese a bit and uping the veggies?

lynnar
10-11-2007, 04:20 PM
ILM4A,
Yeah, I know it sounds odd to avoid veggies, but my goal was to stay way down in carbs. I've done induction before and used the key sticks (which I haven't done this time). My former experience showed that to get the positive reading, I had to stay very low. In fact, the last time I didn't eat any salads or any veggies at all which is how I know very well what veggies make you do. I don't want that experience again so I thought I would limit it to one salad-about 6 grams of carbs. I never thought to "replace" veggies with cheese- it's just that I like cheese and it's so convenient to snack on. But I realize that there are some carbs in there and I think that's the problem.

I just don't know what else I can grab from the frig when I need something. Lunch meat isn't good either and you can only eat so much left over grilled chicken breast or pork chops!

beach bum
10-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi I'm back again,finding that switching the meals around is working when it come to not be bloated or having heartburn at night.

As fas as the scale is concerned,the weight is still coming off SLOWLY.

Alie-You've come to a very supportive board,weight wise and just plain life matters.

Azure-I know what you mean about hidden calories. That why I need a very good carb counting book,to use when making up my menu for the week.I found a hidden carb calculator a while back,but I don't remember which low carb web site it was on.UMM!!Kick boxing maybe I try to do something like that at home. Even if it not the exact exercise I could improvise with some peppy music. Thanks

ROBIN-:broc::cheer2::dance:I agree you can do it,I have fate in you :dance::cheer2::broc:

ilovemike-Sending some :dust: so you will succeed.

LYNN-Be care of cheese it can bring the #'s up on the scale. I agree with ILM You should up your veggies instead. I use pickles and olives for snacking,both low on carbs.

Have a nice day

krawhitham
10-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Lynn,
There are carbs in cheese? I have never had any cheese that had carbs in it. What kinds of cheese do you eat?

Azure
10-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Lynn,
There are carbs in cheese? I have never had any cheese that had carbs in it. What kinds of cheese do you eat?

All cheese has some carbohydrate--softer cheeses more than harder cheeses. Processed cheeses often have carbs, too. However, if the carb amount is less than .9 of a gram, the companies don't HAVE to list the carb content on the packaging.

Atkins suggests counting each ounce of cheese as 1 gram of carbohydrate and not to eat more than 4oz/day.

krawhitham
10-11-2007, 08:00 PM
All cheese has some carbohydrate--softer cheeses more than harder cheeses. Processed cheeses often have carbs, too. However, if the carb amount is less than .9 of a gram, the companies don't HAVE to list the carb content on the packaging.

Atkins suggests counting each ounce of cheese as 1 gram of carbohydrate and not to eat more than 4oz/day.

Wow, Azure, I had NO idea. Thanks for educating me about this! I knew that I could only have 4oz of cheese a day - but I wasnt aware of the trace amounts of carbs in cheeses. I had some low fat gouda earler, and I just looked it up and it has .6 carbs per oz! It's a crime that companies aren't forced to list that :mad:

beach bum
10-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Just wanted you to know that I not MIA this morn as I'm Going out to the Mall to pick up a space saver for the bathroom. I don't have enough closets or cabinets in this small house.So we need one desperately.

Well post later when I get back

FitinTime
10-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi Gang!

Hope all of you are doing great and losing!

I'm down about from 208 to 205, so 3lbs lost. I know it's from exercising, otherwise I'd still be on a plateau.

Hang in there Ladies, you're all gonna do good and lose, don't give up!!! Losing slow is better, I'm starting to think that way now. As long as I lose something that's okay, it will all add up!!!

Take care Ladies and have a great Friday!!!! :carrot::carrot:

Azure
10-12-2007, 01:49 PM
Afternoon, ladies! It's gonna have to be quick today--I'm about to drive home from college for the weekend. My parents need help in their restaurant :) For once, I feel like I'm in a headspace where resisting the temptations that home brings is going to be easy. Thank you, Zone! I weighed in today (I can't wait until Sunday, 'cause I'll be home) and I'm only down 2 pounds from my last weigh in. Last time I weighed in (after my God-awful binge week), I was 159. Today I'm 157...and I'm going to have to change my ticker to be honest with myself.

I just want OUT of the 150s.

I'm hoping that as long as I stay consistent with my diet/exercise, I'm going to continue to see drops...I'd like to see a 3 pound drop by next Sunday. I REALLY want to get down to where I was before that binge, and then drop into the 140s finally. For the first time since I was probably 12.

:hug: Love you, ladies! I'll check in either at home or when I get back.

lynnar
10-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Hello, dropping by for lunch. I have left over stir fry chicken with a little parm cheese on it. I'm saving my salad for dinner tonight since we're eating out and I know a place with a really good salad with steak on it. Looking forward to it.
I don't remember the 4 oz. rule about cheese. I wonder if I read it and just blocked it out in my mind? It's not good news for me!!
I'm trying to do what the Atkins book said for people resistant to weight loss, but it's not really working all that well. The book doesn't really emphasize keeping a journal, but I'm thinking that's what I need to do to make sure the stray carbs (cheese, salad dressing, etc.) don't add up to more than the veggies I'm not eating, you know?
Today I had an unexpected visit from TOM. Kind of thought I was through with all that and I'm wondering if it might mean some water weight is on it's way out. Maybe I should say, I'm really really hoping that I'll see a loss even if it's only water weight.
Big challenge for me this weekend. DH really wants go out on Saturday with another couple and there will be both food and drink involved. I hate saying no (again) but it's so hard to abstain in a situation like that. Even Moderation is hard for me when we're out at a bar. I would be better if I was losing and I could tell myself, I don't want to ruin a good thing, but being completely stuck in spite of all the yummy stuff I've already passed up, works against me. Wish me luck!!

aud
10-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Greetings from Vico-Land!:dizzy:

I'm thinking this drug should be added to the Water Supply right along with Fluoride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot:

(Just noticed Beloved Dancing C is dancing waaaaaay too fast . . . slow 'er down there You Cruciferous Stud You!:cool:)

Have a safe & great visit home az! Hope you can check in from there. I so long to be back In The ZONE wichya . . . I AM better with the toothache (horrible pressure gone - ache still there - sensitivity there as well - making chewing & drinking an adventure . . . funny how I can still stuff OFFplan things down the gullet tho'??:mad:) Sending out some Family Restaurant :dust:
Love the idea/sound of Cardio KickBoxing . . . thinking I'll put on my list of things to try when I get to either the 160's or 180's . . . know from past experience (tennis) that that weight range is best for me to do intense cardio . . . anything higher is just a joke for me and my gigantic BazzooomBahs!:p

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!:carrot: Great to hear from MsSpotDog & the continuing adventures of SUPERMAN!:carrot: Didja read along to my Gambling Adventure to Tunica, Miss when my oldest "baby" turned 21 in August? Such Fun!:dizzy: What happens in Tunica . . . . ;) All girl Road Trip was great - hope you have fun on yours as well - Happy Birthday in advance!:bday2you::woo:

Congrats to fittie on your w/l!:congrat:

Have you tried OTC Estroven lynnar? My TOM stopped over a year ago and I find these lil pillies really help regulate my moods and hope that they are also regulating my "system" - hormonal-wise, ya know? Never thought I would miss TOM - but the relief I used to get when I finally started IS missed.:( I think my bod is all over the map on balance and maybe . . . just maybe . . . this Estroven is helping my system flush and balance? I sure can tell when I forget to take them.:p

Hi & Hugs to the rest of you LC'ing DEMONS!:devil: We've got 20 days left in ROCKTOBER . . . I'm feeling Caffeinated and Vico'd up enuf to make this day (true nightshifter, eh?) COUNT . . . how 'bout you all?

PS: Pleeeeeeeeez check in bouncie!:^:

ttyal!

beach bum
10-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Hi Ladies I back again, had to rehearse for our singing club as we're going to sing at our local nursing homes and than for a October fest the following week.

Fit-Big congrats :cheers: for your 3 lb weight loss. I w-i tomorrow but I don;t see any think exciting going to happen,well will see.

Azure-Safe trip home,and have a wonderful time with your family. Congrats :cheer2: on the 2 lb loss,I'm sure you be out of the 150's soon as you're really determined.

LYNN-Sending you :dust: and :luck: for this weekend. The Atkins book doesn't work for everyone,I'm one of them.Been on Atkins for 1 year and I stalled,so I'm back and forth doing the South Beach along with Atkins and now its working some what.You have to find your carb balance. I keep a food journal as I wouldn't remember what I eat from meal to meal.

AUD-Take care with your tooth problem sending your [[[[cyper healing vibes]]]]

Have to go,start supper,have a nice evening

FitinTime
10-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks BB, and Aud!!

It feels good to finally lose!

Aud, I hope your toophes will be okay. Is it going to live! LOL :sklol:

Hi BB, hoping your weight loss will come soon for you too! Here sending you, :cheer: Go BB Go :cheer:

Way to go Azure on your 2 lbs!!! :yay::yay:

I hope everyone has some good success in losing weight !! :dust::woohoo:

beach bum
10-13-2007, 11:06 AM

W-I was this morning and I REMAINED THE SAME Changed my ticker for the correct reading. I just can't break though that 164-165 even when switching my meals around. Leo thinks is all the meds that I was taking for the last 2 months thats effecting my weight loss. Leo lost 4-lbs,since we started the switch one month ago.

Fit-Hoping for as WHOOSH!!! once I get this meds & antibiotics out of my system. Its probably going to take a while,but I'm not getting discouraged will continue what I'm doing.

Have to go will be back later

aud
10-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Remember: There's a LOT to be said for "remaining the same," beachie!;) IA with Leo - you've been thru a lot of meds etc in the last couple of months - not to mention grief!:hug:

Me? I'm Posting a 2lb GAIN . . . and still suffering in Tooth ****.:(

Calling BOTH dentists Monday Morning . . . fix it or yank it time! CANNOT go on til the 22nd like this. Misery.

Yes, I will have WHINE with my cheese, thank you very much.:p

:dust: sent out for everyone facing the Challenges the weekend can bring . . . ttya a bit later . . .

salsa sarah
10-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Well hello everyone I'm new here and looking for some lowcarb buddys. I'm on day six and I've lost 4lbs. It has not ben easy I have had so many carb cravings. Anyway let me know if you wanna join me.

krawhitham
10-14-2007, 03:19 AM
hi salsa sarah! congrats on your 4lbs. in my first 3 weeks on atkins i lost 2lbs :)

i hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!!! good luck staying OP everyone!

i am really loving atkins myself :)

salsa sarah
10-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Thank you Krawhitham
So far I'm having a great weekend. I went to the movies and didnt have one pice of popcorn. I had a hot dog and half a bun. Each day that go's by it gets esayer. I am so thankfull I found this site, and that we can all shere our jernys together.

beach bum
10-14-2007, 09:07 AM

Today starts a new week and I'm going to start low carbing[induction again] to get this excess weight off once and for all.

Had 2 slice of trukey bacon on Rev Roll from breakfast,eggs & sausage for brunch and hamburger with turnip fries for supper. Along with salad salad & salad.

Salsa Sarah-Welcome:welcome: to our board, nice to see new l/c people join our wonderful group. Big Congrats :cheers: on your 4 lb weight loss.

AUD-Thanks:thanks: your your words of encouragement I needed that.Sorry:sorry: about your gain,it has to be the pain in your tooth that causing all this problem. Sending {{{Healing vibes}}} Your way.

Kraw-Thanks:thanks: hope you have a great OP weekend too. Going to keep my hands busy by knitting a scarf. This way my hands would try to push food into my mouth.

Have to go,get ready for church

aud
10-15-2007, 03:01 PM
NEW LC Chat Week - dive on in - the water's FINE!;)

:swim:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125053