100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus: Oct 8-14

GirlyGirlSebas
10-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Yesterday was clean house/laundry day. My house is nice and sparkly today:) There is just something about a clean house that makes me feel so relaxed and happy. Now, if I can just convince Hubby, the DDs, the three dogs, the gerbil and the bird to keep it this way! Somehow, I don't think its gonna stay this way for long. Since I was so busy and.... burning tons of calories...I took the day off from the treadmill. I did exercise for 6 days last week and I can already see the difference in my stamina...not to mention the looseness of clothes. So, today I will be back on the treadmill for an hour and will continue trying to increase the total calories and distance each day.

Rakel - Eating out is the one thing that almost always de-rails my plan. We usually go out to dinner at least once on the weekends and its usually when we're out shopping or after church. I have a hard time saying no to myself when I want the yummy appetizers or something that is waaaay off my plan. I start to feel sorry for myself if I can't have exactly what I want. Money is tight right now, so we didnt go out this weekend. Maybe that is why I was able to stay on-plan? I told Hubby that I can't go out anymore unless we have planned to in advance and I look the menu up on-line and already know what I will order. And, no appetizers!
CC- I'm so glad that things are looking better for you. I knew you'd come through this.....afterall, look at your incredible success so far!
LaurieDawn - I think your plan to just eat healthier and exercise is a great one. Afterall, our main focus should be our health. Weight loss will most likely be a great side benefit. You had asked about my job....I work for a healthcare administrator (insurance.) I've been working for the company for 15 years. Working from home definitely has its pluses.....and its minuses. I miss interaction with people, but I love the flexbility and being here for the kids. I've always wanted to be a high school science teacher. Who knows...maybe someday.
Cheryl - Yes, you are worth it!

Hope today is a great on-plan day for everyone.

hellokitty81668
10-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Good Morning all,
after a bad 3 days( food wise), I am back on track. I just finished exercising, and am eating bkfst. I have no excuses for the bad food choices, but it is over and I am back on track.
Bkfst was Kashi go lean crunch skim milk grapefruit juice
Lunch will be 2 veggie dogs and 2 pieces of fiber bread( 190 calories total). dinner.. I am making a greek inspired salad, with some hummus and pita bread.
snacks- fiber one bar, banana, yogurt and frozen berries.
Today will be a better day!!
I hope everyone has a great on plan day!!

cheryl

Slashnl
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone. I'm pretty happy with my loss this week. I need to put more effort in and keep the lower numbers coming!! But, we're leaving on Friday and I'll be gone for a week, so I'm a little busy this week. I definitely want to keep on track while I'm gone and that usually isn't a problem when we go hunting, so it should be ok. But... MUST BE VIGILANT! I can't let the week set me back, so I'll be very careful.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

rakel
10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Rhonda -- Yeah, I know what you mean! We don't usually get appetizers or desserts either, but we do occassionally. I don't have a huge problem avoiding them because money is usually an issue, but we just dropped $70 on groceries and household items so hopefully that will discourage John from wanting to go out to eat this week. It's hard because we just got some money so he's been wanting to go out a lot. We've gone out to eat like 4 times since we got paid, plus after church yesterday we had a potluck style lunch... I will say that I have behaved myself much more than I would have in the past and have not gained any more weight since The Cheesecake Factory. I guess I should update my ticker, but I'm 285 today and hoping I'll be back to 284 tomorrow!

I HAVE TO EXERCISE TODAY! NO EXCUSES! In a few hours the sun should start to cool of and I think it should be quite pleasant for a walk. I'm thinking about asking John if he'd like to go for a walk with me, then I'll come back and do the DVD workout for 15 to 20 minutes for some strength training.

CLCSC145
10-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Checking in! I had a good day foodwise yesterday - could have been the raging headache the second half of the day, but I'll take whatever help I can get! I plan to have another good day today. And I'm getting my meds refilled with the brand name stuff. A good day ahead all in all!

hellokitty81668
10-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Good Morning all,
I hope everyone is doing great......
Rhonda ...Congrats on the weight loss, you are doing great!!
I was back on plan yesterday, whew , it was hard for a few times, but I did good, and was able to eat some skinny cow ice cream ( had enough calories left). Tomorrow is weigh in day, and I probably won't post a loss, but I am the reason why, I accept it and next week will be better. I am going to exercise at 8 am again, and not give up, it is so HOT here!! I don't want to be outside, I am so tired of this heat!!
Bkfst... Kashi go lean cereal.. skim milk, banana
Lunch.....2 smart dogs 2 ww breads and mustard
dinner shrimp with 2 tortillas and a tomato salad
snack.... Fiber one bar, yogurt with fruit. skinny cow ice cream
I can do this! I will not give up.
I hope everyone has a great on plan day!!
cheryl

Miss Lili
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Good morning. My breakfast this morning was a smoothie - berries, half banana, soy milk, protien powder, honey. Lunch will be baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and cooked carrots. Dinner will be a broiled pork chop with brown rice and a nice cesar salad. I will also drink six glasses of water tod, and get in 30 minutes of walking.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

Today, I'm re-starting my count down. Yep, I had seven consecutive days of being 100% on-plan and exercising, then I dropped the ball yesterday. I stayed on-plan all day and did my 60 minutes of exercise, but I had an un-scheduled un-planned restaurant meal yesterday evening. I let myself get trapped into thinking that I've been so good and I "deserved" to go off plan. What a bunch of baloney! I managed to not order a marguerita(I really really wanted one!) and I passed on appetizers, but I did order something totally off-plan and I nibbled on my daughter's french fries(my #1 weakness when eating out!) But, no problem. Today, I'm back to 100% on-plan and I will exercise on the treadmill for one hour today.

Nicole - we haven't heard from you since your awesome work trousers NSV...how are you?
MJ - we not heard from you lately....how is vacation?
LaurieDawn - Hope your contemplation time is going well and your work and school responsibilities are coming together for you. Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Diane - Congratulations on your loss this week!
Rakel - were you able to get John to walk with you?
CC - so glad that you're having good days again!
Cheryl - it is very hot here, too. I really struggled with my walk yesterday and my feet are a little swollen..I really think this is because of the humidity.
Lili - :welcome2: So glad you've decided to post with us!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Slashnl
10-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Great attitude Rhonda! You have a great outlook.

I have to admit that I'm coasting a little bit right now. I am just scrambling to get stuff done before we leave on Friday and I just don't have time for anything. I'm still staying on plan with food, but exercise is hit and miss.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

ElaineR
10-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I am new here. I like the idea of a daily check in. I have a little over 100 lbs to lose. Like someone mentioned here, I also have a hard time eating out. Everytime I eat out socially, my plan gets screwed! :(

My plan today is: B: oatmeal, L: Eating Right meal, apple and some almonds, D: small salad with O&V, small bowl vegetable beef soup (homemade), a Weight Watcher desert.

Tuesday is not a gym day for me, but I exercise all the other days.

I am doing Weight Watchers, and I am also a compulsive overeater, so you may see me in those threads too!

Thanks,
Elaine

CLCSC145
10-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Welcome, Elaine!

Rhonda, good job dusting the restaurant visit off. If I learned anything over the last month it's that it's possible to pick up and keep going after a big slip. And yours doesn't sound remotely like a slip! More a blip.

Yesterday I did well with food again. Yay! I can do this. We all can do this.

Take care everyone!

mj5
10-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi! Sorry I kind of just disappeared for a few days! Vacation has been good so far....struggling w/ making good food choices--we have been doing a lot of visiting family and our schedule has been really weird the past few days. I am not beating myself up about it, nor am I going totally off track--just not doing great w/ choices. The good news is....I have been able to relax!!!!!!! It feels SO good! Tomorrow or the next day I would like to do a little shopping--I really need a couple of new pairs of workout pants.

Not sure what we are having for dinner, yet, but it will be something somewhat healthy. Other than that, we are going to just relax (and watch Biggest Looser) w/ the dogs. Finally....an evening all to ourselves!

hellokitty81668
10-09-2007, 07:19 PM
:welcome2: Elaine and Lili
I stayed on plan again :carrot:, I am feeling back on track!! I made some spicy shrimp tonight and ate 2 tortillas, and for desert I had 4 oz of ff yogurt with frozen blueberries. I will not eat anything else tonight, I will not go off plan!! Tomorrow I am going to walk after bkfst and exercising, it is supposed to be cooler , I can't wait!!
cheryl

hellokitty81668
10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Good Morning all!!
I was able to post a loss again today for my weight loss, and am feeling like I don't deserve it( I posted about this feeling in the weight loss thread), I went off plan for 3 days and still lost the same I lose when I am on plan for 7 days , working my butt off, and eating perfectly. It makes me feel guilty.
I am now at the weight I was planning for my Dd birthday on the 31st. I am hoping to be out of the 200's by the New Year.
Today I am going to exercise!! will not give up no matter what!!
bkfst - Kashi go lean crunch cereal,1/2 cup of skim milk, 3 oz of grape fruit juice
Lunch - 2 smart dogs and 2 pieces of wh wheat bread with mustard
dinner-- I am making pasta e fagiole ( pasta and beans ) , I don't know if I will be eating it, I am deciding still.
snacks--- Fiber onebar, yogurt with fruit, ect..
I can do this!
I hope everyone has a great on plan day!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
10-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Good morning, Everyone

:welcome2: Elaine!

Yesterday, stayed 100% on-plan and did my 60 minutes on the treadmill. The scales are showing an increase of 1/2 pound since yesterday morning. Argghh! I am so sick of the 230's! I've been in the 230's since July 30th and I'm ready to move on. I have been staying on-plan with Southbeach, but its time to add calorie counting, too. I may be eating too much of the on-plan foods. Hopefully, this can keep my weight loss going and I can avoid a stall.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

ElaineR
10-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!

Today's food: B: 1 slice of wholegrain bread with 1tsp each butter, jam. L: Eating Right Entree, 1 pear. Snack: 15 thin pretzels, carrots, celery. D: steamed Broccoli, veg. beef soup, WW desert.

GYM: 65 minutes on the treadmill walking and running, 20 minutes of ab work on the mat.

katmeow
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
OK.. Today my meal plan is:

Breakfast: WW english muffin (half) with 1 oz sharp reduced fat cheddar cheese, turkey bacon and half a grapefruit. BIG glass of water

Snack: leftover raw veggies from a party 2 nights ago

Lunch: leftover turkey chili on a fat free tortilla with 2T of sharp reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded lettuce.

Snack: Apple with 1 T almond butter

Dinner: Peach glazed chicken with sweet and sour spinach salad.

Dessert: 1 Hersheys select mini chocolate bar

hellokitty81668
10-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Good morning all,
Ok where is everyone??
Laurie, Rakel??? Are you guys ok???
Rhonda congrats for staying on plan!!

I stayed on plan yesterday, I wanted so much to eat another serving of dinner, I made a pasta and bean dish with lots of veggies, yummy
My daughter has the day off today and tomorrow, but I will stay on plan today!! I am going to exercise, and do some major cleaning, maybe take a walk with her, until some kids come outside for her to play with.
Brkfst-- Kashi go lean cereal, skim milk, grape fruit juice..
lunch- smart dog, or chick a fill patties...
dinner.. left over beans and pasta
snacks... Kashi tlc bar, yogurt, with fruit, pear or apple..
I will stay on plan today!!!
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
10-11-2007, 08:30 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

My scales are still showing that .6 gain, but they are showing a drop in fat percentage from 49 to 48 percent. I think the incline intervals on my treadmill are building up the muscles in my tush and thighs...which is a very good thing. I do wish the scales would drop some, though....I love that little bit of encouragement in the morning.:)

Today, I definitely will start tracking my calories again. I think I might be getting too much fat in my diet. I've been eating a salad at dinner each night, but I love my creamy dressing and I love a lot of it! I've decided to switch back to my steamed veggies with a couple of squirts of the butter spray. Also, I've not been carefully measuring my sugar-free ice cream each evening...I'm probably getting more than 1/2 cup. Hopefully, these changes will help the scales to respond.

Cheryl - I love your motivation and steadfastness. You might fall off track for a day or so, but you jump right back on. You really help me to keep going, too.
Katmeow - turkey chili sounds great. I'll have to ask Hubby to make some. It's a little colder here today and some nice warm chili would really hit the spot.
Elaine - How long do you run on the treadmill? I've just recently started adding some short jogs into my treadmill workout...but, mine don't last more than a minute at a time.
Diane - tomorrow's the big day, huh? Somebody better tell those Elk to watch out!
Nicole, Rakel, CC, MJ - Are you ladies doing okay? I get worried when my friends here stop posting. Please let us know if you need a pep talk or some words of encouragement.....or, if you need a good butt kicking...we can provide those, too.:D

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.

mj5
10-11-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm here, I'm here, I'm here!!! We didn't even turn the computer on at all yesterday! Kinda taking a vacation from everything I guess. Today we are going shopping can't wait!

I'll be back soon!

rakel
10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
I am here and no butt kicking required! Yesterday I got back down to 284, the weight before the Cheesecake Factory ;), and today I'm 283.5! I've been sticking pretty close to my plan, but to be honest I have been slacking a little, eating a little over my calories (usually no more than 100) but the weight still seems to be coming off, so ah well. I've been doing some strength training exercises. Rhonda -- I don't think we went for a walk that day, though the past few days we've been trying to get our house in order (our kitchen has been a complete disaster so we finally took some action) and popped in and out of stores as well, so I actually got a lot of walking in when I wasn't even trying. Yesterday we were over by the lake so I suggested that we go for a little walk, it wasn't so much exercise as much as enjoying the day and me snapping photos like mad, but it was fun and I got some fresh air. TODAY I really need to crack down and get started on my aerobic/cardio exercises again, so I plan on going down to the weight room today and getting on the exercise bike and then cooling down on the treadmill.

SO, that's what's up with me :D

LaurieDawn
10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
I took a few days off from posting in this thread because it's all a balancing act for me. I don't mean to be a drama queen, but I've discovered that I'm a bit crazy. I can't ignore the weight problem, and I can't stay away from 3FC (which is so often my lifeline!), or things go really bad really fast. On the other hand, I have a tendency to get really obsessive, and that just does really bad things for me, too. I either go really low on calories or I go into the restrictive/permissive cycle. And it seemed as though I was feeding my obsession too much because I was always wary of what I would report. Bad, bad, bad. So, I am trying to be more relaxed, and so far, it's working. I have stopped tracking my calories for now and have been trying to eat to satiation whenever I'm hungry. (When I track, I have to measure everything, and though I will eat less than the measured portion occasionally, I never want to measure another portion if I'm still hungry because, for some reason, that feels like failure.) I have even started allowing myself to eat up to 1/2 an hour before I exercise. I never used to do that, as too much in my stomach when I work out makes me ill, but I found I got really hungry during my workout, which was really distracting and made me feel guilty. So, if I get hungry close to the time I plan to exercise, I will eat something light (never more than 100 calories).

I have also been working out like a fiend. On Monday, for example (my biggest day), I did 90 minutes on the elliptical and half an hour on the stationary bike, then walked for seven miles that evening. And the scale is responding well. If I maintain what seems to be working for me right now, I should have a good loss to report on Monday. (Nine more pounds from what my ticker says, and I will officially be out of the land of obesity. Can't wait!)

I have been following the thread, though, and it sounds like everyone is generally doing well. Some setbacks, but then right back on plan, which is the whole key to this journey. And, Rhonda - I, too, am anxiously awaiting your ticker finally sliding out of the 230's. (And thanks for the response about your telecommuting work. I may be looking for something a little steadier - I think I'm tired of the all-nighters, etc. followed by weeks without any work.)

ElaineR
10-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi all,

Rhonda, on the treadmill, I mostly walk but have been adding in running breaks and each week I try to expand the running just a little longer, like a couple of seconds! I've been doing the treadmill for alot longer than being serious on my diet, so in some ways, I am actually a little ahead of the game where exercise is concerned. I have always loved to walk, and do alot of walking outside on the weekend and do the treadmill during the week. I do at least an hour on the treadmill, sometimes more. What I do is walk five minutes and run for anywhere from a few minutes to a few seconds. Right now my top running speed/time is 6.3 mph for 45 seconds. I then work my way down, the slower the running speed, the longer I can run :)

On my food today, B: 1 slice of high fiber toast with 1 tsp of butter and jam, L: Eating Right vegetarian entree, 1 apple, celery, carrot. Snack is a cup of Healthy choice chicken noodle soup and dinner hasn't been determined yet but I PROMISE it will be OP.

Tonight is a gym night, 65 minutes on the treadmill, walking and running, and 20 minutes of exercises with handweights.

Have a great day everyone!

Cheers,
Elaine

CLCSC145
10-11-2007, 02:02 PM
My rear is in gear - no need to kick it! :D Things are definitely back on track foodwise. Now I'm back to just not wanting to exercise, but to me that's a much better problem to have.

Tonight I am going out to dinner with friends, but I think I can be good. I'm just going to stay away from the bread (which is super yummy at this restaurant).

Yesterday I was wearing some jeans that fit a few weeks ago and yesterday I could pull down without unbuttoning. Why that kind of stuff is fun, I'm not sure, but I loved it.

Hope everyone has a great day today!

hellokitty81668
10-12-2007, 07:36 AM
Good Morning all,

CLC, Rakel , Elaine, .... Way to go for staying on plan
Rhonda... Way to go with exercising!!!
Laurie..I am glad you are trying to find what works for you:hug:
I did good yesterday, ate maybe more than the day before, but still stayed in my calorie range, and the scale is showing a loss. In May when I would get on the scale it would jump right to the 250's until it went up to 279. Today it started in the low 200's and then went up to the 210's . I know it will be a few more weeks until I see the low 200's but just seeing it there, was like a shock...
I will continue to be on plan today, exercising at 8 am.40-45 min on the elliptical trainer, about 14 minutes of general exercising( crunches, leg lifts, bends ect..) and about 14 minutes of free weight lifting.
Bkfst will be Kashi go lean cereal with milk and grapefruit juice
lunch ... most likely smart dogs with wh wheat bread and mustard.
dinner some baked salmon with some type of veggie
snacks........ Kashi Tlc bar, ff yogurt with berries, walnuts with craisins.
I will succeed at this... !!!!
Have a great on plan day!!!!!
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
10-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

Just a brief note before I jump intomy work for the day. I'm getting a later than normal start today. I woke up with a horrible sinus headache, so I slept in for a bit. Hopefully, this will go away so I can workout today. The good new is that my scales went down a little bit.:carrot:

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.

mj5
10-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Hi everyone! We didn't go shopping yesterday, but we are going today! I can;t wait!

katmeow
10-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Girlygirl... so sorry to hear about your sinus headache. My son suffers with those often. His pediatrician recommended he use that saline spray (OTC) every day. Apparently the bacteria that cause the infections thrive on a dry nose. Kind of washes them out. Not sure it works once you have it but it certainly can't hurt unless they have you on a nasal spray as meds.

Anyway... today I am recouping from the disaster that was dinner last night. It was my younger son's birthday and we had pizza... garlic rolls dripping in fresh garlic and olive oil... and they brought him a cannoli.

I only had one piece of pizza, a roll, and a bite of cannoli, but STILL... it was WAY beyond my point range.

So today I had granola and yogurt, for lunch it is WW taco soup recipe, and for dinner, I will do a LC (probably the thai basil chicken).

No snacks today except maybe veggies if I am DYING.

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CLCSC145
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi!

Well, yesterday I got the munchies after I got home from going out to dinner with my friends and ate more than I wanted to yesterday, but all in all it wasn't too bad.

Not much else to report, so I'll make this a quick one today! Have a great day,

LaurieDawn
10-12-2007, 04:47 PM
An interesting thing happened to me yesterday. I woke up feeling awful. My stomach was queasy, and my head ached. So, I decided that I would still exercise, but take it easy and do a slow half-hour on the elliptical. I felt like quitting after four or five minutes, but decided I would keep going until I couldn't stand it any more. Then - it started to get better, and continued to get better. After fifteen minutes, I didn't feel sick at all. So, I went on and did an hour, then did about 15 minutes of laps in the pool. I was a little more tired than usual last night, and decided to do aqua exercise instead of my evening walk, but the sick stomach never returned. My eating seems to be normalizing a little. I think I consumed a bit too many calories (even when I'm not officially tracking, I estimate), but I think that's better than severely undereating like I was before. So, all in all, a good on-plan day yesterday, and I got lots of walking from a field trip I chaperoned today and posted about in the NSV thread.

Sounds like everyone else is doing well with their plans. Rhonda - sure hope you start to feel better soon. Cheryl - I would LOVE to be able to cook like you. CC - So glad to see you right back in there. And only two pounds away from 75 lost - for some reasons those increments of 25 seem like such magical numbers!

Trazey34
10-12-2007, 08:36 PM
kind of got off track today, kidnapped by my friends this morning LOL

Missed breakie! :( first time in a long time

Lunch - ate out had a burger and it was goooooooood

Dinner - big salad, small bit of fasili with tomato sauce

fruit salad

kashi bar for snack later tonight

hellokitty81668
10-13-2007, 07:49 AM
Good Morning all,
Hi Trazey , glad you joined us.......
Today I will be getting readyin an hr or so to go hiking then to a festivial, that will be my exercise today. The festival will have junk food, so I am bringing along a Kashi Tlc bar to snack on, until I get home for lunch . The weather is finally beautiful and for the next 3 saturday's there are festivals in parks that have hiking trails so I am going to take advantage of this, exercise first then go to the festival.
I ate Kashi go lean cereal for bkfst with skim milk and grapefruit juice.
Lunch will be hummus with some bread...( wh wheat pita)
dinner...... sweet potato with a veggie chick pattie ( not set in stone yet)
snacks....... Kashi tlc bar, yogurt with fruit, ....... pear.
I will do this!!!
cheryl

Prissiroo
10-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Morning everyone - today will be a typical Saturday for me filled with lots of college football! I'm getting over a pretty bad chest cold (missed 3 days of work last week) so I'll probably hold off of Curves for at least another day. I had really wanted to go today since I only went once last week, but the coughing just won't let up.

Kitty - a festival sounds great! I'm in Florida, so I really don't get "fall" weather, but this morning it is very nice and cool. I would love to go walk on the beach, but again the chest cold is keeping me down.

Not sure about my menu yet - I know for breakfast I'm going to have cereal with yogurt instead of milk and strawberries. I also know there will be one of the delicious pumpkin muffins I made yesterday somewhere during the day - other than that, probably some soup and maybe a sweet potato tonight.

Everyone have a great day!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Hi Everyone!

The weather is beautiful here today...sunny and brisk. I think we are going to do a bit of shopping today. I managed to make it through my headache yesterday and was able to do my hour on the treadmill. Since we're going out today, I may be taking today as my rest day...we'll have to see. The scales are treating me nicely, so I want to workout if possible(who is this crazy woman?!)

Kristina - Welcome! We just moved from Florida to Georgia in June. I'm loving the seasons again, but the cold is going to be a big adjustment!
Katmeow - Those birthday dinners are rough, huh? I must confess that I'm a bit nervous about the coming months. I have a business trip in November and December, my youngest daughter's birthday in November, Thanksgiving, our anniversary and Christmas. I'm already trying to mentally prepare myself to make it through until the new year.
LaurieDawn - Wow....you were feeling sick and still worked out?! You are amazing!
Trazey - Kidnapped, huh? So, what was the ransome...your new shoes? :rofl:
Cheryl - Great job on pre-planning for the temptaton of the festivals!
MJ- So, did you buy anything exciting? I need to start shopping for my business trip and I'm feeling a bit nervous. Trying to find something that actually fits and looks good has always been so depressing for me.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan weekend.

rakel
10-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm alive! hehe. I've been doing reasonably well lately. Not perfect, but not out of control. Down to 282 today! Still struggling to get in all of my veggies and weaning off the processed foods... sometimes it is just easier to eat junk then something that's really good for you. I don't think it's going to be something I solve quickly, but something I'll be working on for some time. Exercise is a little poopy. I've gone for a few walks but I want to do something a little more intense. Though, the other night I went for a walk with John and we ended up getting into a little spat, which gave me a burst of energy. I started walking really fast and got home completely soaked. lol.

nicolen
10-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Hi all,

I've been completely MIA this week for a multitude of reasons. I've been completely off plan as well, but such is life. It was the week from **** last week.

We had redundancies announced on Thursday. I'm lucky in that I've managed to keep my job for now, but who knows how long that's for. At the moment I really don't care enough about my job to fight for it if I am made redundant, so...

We're all pretty angry - nobody had any idea this was coming, and to come to work on Thursday to lots of meetings behind closed doors and people whispering in corners was dreadful. Actually, angry doesn't seem a strong enough word to describe how we're feeling, but if I used the kind of language that summed up our mood, I'd be banned from the site in no time flat, and I really don't want that.

So yeah, I need to get myself back on track but at the moment I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that. Guess I'll figure it out...

Talk to you all later :hug:

hellokitty81668
10-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Good morning all!!
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
I did great yesterday and the scale is showing an increase :mad:, sheesh!!! My weigh in day is Wednesday so hopefully the scale will get it's act together and show a loss Wednesday!! I am getting back my " hourglass figure" I think. When I began this journey, me measurements were something like hips 58, waist 54 and chest 48.. Now my hips are 40 my waist is a 39 and my chest is a 40 .. So at least my figure is changing. When I was at the weight I am trying to get to , my measurements were ... hips... 36 waist 34 and chest 34.... but that was before kids , so I am wondering were I am going to end up when I reach goal. oh well it will be fun to see.
I am going to do some elliptical today , I walked for a few hours yesterday and don't want to walk again, my feet are tired, bkfst will be grapefruit juice and cereal( kashi go lean crunch with skim milk)..
lunch will be veggie chicken burger. with some hummus, or tomatoes.
dinner refried beans with 2 tortillas and pico de gallo...
I can do this.
cheryl

mj5
10-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone, remember me? LOL! Sorry I kind-of dropped away for a while. We did a lot of visiting family, shopping, stuff like that. Unfortunately, the downside to that is, my schedule was WAY off--fell back into some really bad habits (skipping breakfast, not making the healthiest choices, etc). The good news is, we went shopping yesterday for lots of healthy foods! I WILL do this!

I bought myself some new weight lifting gloves and some new workout pants. I also found a super cute top--a style I wouldn't normally wear, but tried on and love it!

We are finally getting some fall weather here, which I love!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow, TOM is here, so that will be a factor as well.

Have a great day!

Prissiroo
10-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Morning all. Feeling kinda groggy today. I absolutely have to go back to work tomorrow, but I don't feel any better than when I went to the doctor last Wednesday. I did finally get some sleep - so me and Vicks Vapor rub are buds now!

It's noon - and I just had one of my pumpkin muffins - I'll probably have yogurt and cereral and then nothing until dinner. I'm going today to see if I can find some flatouts - seems to be a huge winner on the WW side. If I do, I may try something with that tonight - hubby is working so it'll just be me.

Everyone have a great day!

CLCSC145
10-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Oh, Nicole, that sucks. I'm really sorry you are going through that at your office. Hang in there!

I've been doing well with eating, but not with exercising. I think that's why the scale didn't move much this week. Tomorrow's weigh in day so we'll see what the final tally is.

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. Take care.

Ceci

rakel
10-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Hi all,

I've been completely MIA this week for a multitude of reasons. I've been completely off plan as well, but such is life. It was the week from **** last week.

We had redundancies announced on Thursday. I'm lucky in that I've managed to keep my job for now, but who knows how long that's for. At the moment I really don't care enough about my job to fight for it if I am made redundant, so...

We're all pretty angry - nobody had any idea this was coming, and to come to work on Thursday to lots of meetings behind closed doors and people whispering in corners was dreadful. Actually, angry doesn't seem a strong enough word to describe how we're feeling, but if I used the kind of language that summed up our mood, I'd be banned from the site in no time flat, and I really don't want that.

So yeah, I need to get myself back on track but at the moment I'm not quite sure how to go about doing that. Guess I'll figure it out...

Talk to you all later :hug:

Oh no! :( I hope everything goes well, though we all know life doesn't always work that way, or result in things going the way we anticipated them, but at the end of the day, hopefully we still have a place to rest our head and food in our bellies! I'm sure thing will work out to that end no matter what happens, whether a new job is to be found or not. As a freelancer and business owner, that's a very real thing I face every month, so I know how it feels! {hug}