LA Weight Loss - Oct. 8th to Oct. 14th Friends and Losers Thread

bayoubelle68
10-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Good morning, everybody! As I tell my class at the beginning of every day - Make good choices today!

Joni135
10-08-2007, 09:34 AM
Felicia - what a powerful statement....yet so simple! Okay, I'll do it.
Anyone that is a mom that has not seen Anita Renfroe's version of the William Tell Overture - mom song, it appears to be back on You Tube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anSpBUxsgAU

She takes everything you tell your children throughout a day/week and she condenses it into 2 minutes. It is great.

brittyboo07
10-08-2007, 10:12 AM
joni hahhahaha that was too funny!

Felicia I tell my students that too. We are off on fall break this week and since I have been sick for the past three weeks I really need it lol.

I am going to try my best to keep up with this now. I am getting back to my multitasking ways. Hope everyone has a great week and stay POP!!!!

Dee72
10-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Today is my first official weigh-in. Thank goodness, the TakeOFF is OVER. :D I'll report back with the number!

aguerin
10-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Good Luck on the WI Dee.

I wish they did Fall/Spring Breaks for the work force too. WOuldn't that be great? Just a scheduled shut down for work?

I'm a little under the weather today so don't mind my glum state. Hope everyone has a great WL this week.

Ternoway
10-08-2007, 11:31 AM
Our family had our big Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. I did really well until dinner time and boy oh boy did I blow it! I ended up caving and having all of the things I really wanted liked the cheesy carrot casserole, stuffing, and mashed potatoes and gravy. To top it off I had half a slice of 2 types of pie! I really did gobble gobble! Oh well, back at it today.

Dan2112
10-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Morning all!

Focus time!!
So.. Thanksgiving is over for some and upcoming for others... Time to put away the sweets and other crappy foods and get back on track! (I'm self motiviating, if you can't tell)... Liz and I have gotten lazy about our choices and we really need to get back to squares as to what we can and can't eat...

Have a good, POP day all!

Mama Nicole
10-08-2007, 11:52 AM
Good morning everyone :)
I think I am finally back to regular American life. It took me a few days to adjust to everything. I pretty much lazed around all weekend. It was great!!! My mom and sis are home now :(.......and that sucks, but it is good to be back to normal.

DH and I had a wonderful time in Germany. It is a very beautiful country. We spent most of our time in Southern Germany near the Austrian and Swiss borders. I was thrilled that I got to see the Swiss and Austrian Alps. I didn't realize that would be part of the trip. All in all, I faced MANY of my fears and didn't even take any medication to do so :) Oh, and I was sober too......LOL. (For those of you who don't know me, I don't drink). Our flight was long, but with the on demand movies they have now, the time passed pretty quickly. I did not sleep on the plane at all.......so that made it kind of tough. I tried......but it just didn't work out.

We had a very nice dinner our first night at a 200 year old winery/restaruant. It was divine. The next night we went to Volks Fest in Stutgart. HOLY CRAP........now that is a party. It is the second largest beer festival in the world, and it was COMPLETE culture shock for a girl like me. It was a good time, and the place was filled with happy, dancing, singing drunks. I thought I would be scared at first, but it turned out very well. Great food too :)

I went up in a T.V. tower that is on top of a mountain....eeek(I am afraid of heights), and took a boat ride on the lake of Constance. It all turned out really great. We visited two castles..........supposedly the two most beatiful ones in Germany. I will post some pictures soon.......they are all on DH's computer right now. The bad thing is, now I want to decorate the inside of my house like a castle.........and that just wouldn't be good. Tell me not to please :) (tacky).

Our last night we spent in Frankfurt. It is also very charming. We just walked around and enjoyed the architecture. We had dinner at an outdoor cafe, and enjoyed a nice quiet night.

The things that I found to be very different there were: NO ICE. WTF? I never got ice in ANY beverage. That's just weird. And.......carbonated water. EWWW. If you wanted non-carbonated, you had to request no gas. LOL. And Amy......you were sooo right......the shoes, and boots in particular, were spectacular!!! But, sooo pricey. That is the other thing......everything was soooo expensive. Also, I don't think they believe in a bottomless cup of coffee. That was tough on this girl. I felt like a pig asking for another cup, cuz they looked at me like I was nuts. I had experienced the 1 cup of coffee in other travels though, so that wasn't a complete suprise. But here is what I found the most different. There were only white people there. I $hit you not.........just white people. I live in St. Louis, and we are a very culturaly diverse group...........so I was somewhat disturbed by this. I know they are not very open to immigration.........but I was still bothered.

Anyway, we didn't run into any major issues while traveling........and got to see a lot of the countryside and experience a rich culture. It was a fab experience. I recommend it :)

So..........enough about all that.......how is everyone doing? I am sure we can get these pages turning again!!!! I really really missed you all......and I am so happy things have finally calmed down enough for me to get on here!!!

And Kristen...........isn't Brett looking mahavelous??? I am horrified about last night's game.............but it is sooo good to seem him cannoning the ball again. I thought about you all night last night during the game :)

Ok, boys are WWFing all over my house, and someone is bound to get hurt.

Oh, hang on.......Joni......thought of you like crazy while in Germany cuz there are dogs EVERYWHERE!!!! And I mean everywhere. In restaraunts, airports......bakeries......you name it. And it it was a place where dogs weren't allowed, there was a place to tie your dog up outside, right along side a water bowl. It was so cute!!!

Ok, really have to go now.......kids just escaped!!!

More later.
xoxo

brittyboo07
10-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I usually do fairly well during the holidays. I do allow myself to have some of the Off Plan foods but only a small spoon of it not a lot. That lets me have a little taste without going hogwild. It was a suggestion that my counselor made to me once.

At least you acknowledged what you did and are ready to move on! Oh and look on the positive side of things at least you didnt have two whole pieces of pie!!!

Dan thanks for getting us on track for the holidays!!! I can understand where you are coming from I have been lazy for a while with my cooking. I just dont want to cook anymore or at least not all the time that is!

Well I am off to convert my meatloaf into an OP version and get it ready for tonight.

Katy66
10-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Wonderful words of wisdom Felicia - I should start saying that to my DD instead of please be good today:)

Joni - I'll have to check out the youtube thing at home....it is blocked here at work.

Welcome back Nicole - the boards were slow without you. I thought of you this morning when my crown came off......I didn't swallow it though:)

Hello to everyone else out there, hope you are having a great day.

bradleys mom
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Hope everyone has POP week!

Welcome back Nicole! We missed ya!
Joni -hilarious video, I dont understand all that yet, but give me a couple more years...
Dan, thanks for the motivation (and you thought you were self motivating....)

Amy -I got somewhat of a fall break from work, but i almost demanded it, there are only 4 of us that work at my job and for the past 2 months they have all been sick, one had a broken ankle, one had surgery and the other had pneumonia/pleurisy... I was the healthiest one, and covered for everyone, so I needed a vacation!

So far so POP today! I have backtracked 3 or 4 lbs so I have to get serious!

emmysmom
10-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Welcome back Nicole!!! :wave: :hug:

slim n trim
10-08-2007, 02:22 PM
Good afternoon everyone.
hope everyone had a great weekend!

Today is the official Thanksgiving holiday in Canada, however we celebrated yesterday, and Sat. I was pretty good. Did turkey, veggies, salad, and saved my starches and fat for stuffing, and a home made bun. Okay I was over on those, but - thought that was not to bad. I didn't havemashed potatoes or gravy. I have a nasty cold, so not feeling much like eating a lot helped I guess.

Nicole, well home. Glad to hear you had a great trip.

Have you guys read Jillian's post yet (I'm quitting) if not - better go read it.
She has big news.

anyway, as much as I don't feel like it, I have laundry to do, so I better get it. The forecast is to be nice for the rest of this week. So, I want to be caught up on everything so I can spend time outside. Hopefully the snow stays away for awhile. Trouble is here, this time of year, when it gets warm out, the wind howls. Thats southern alberta for you.

Everyone have a great week, and I will try to check in later.

BarbaraB
10-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Good morning (well it is still morning here). I was pretty much POP this weekend. Second weekend in a row where I managed to behave! I tried the spaghetti squash, and it was really good. My DH looked a bit green when he saw me with the squash (he's not a fan), but then ate a ton of it. I also tried the nutrigrain eggo waffles, and they are yummy. So I'm making an effort to branch out and try new things but stay on plan.

Amy, I hope you feel over the weather here soon. I could use a fall break too! Heck.. I'd settle for just a couple of 40 hour weeks... Lots of pressure here to work a lot. At least they haven't tried to buy us cots, like my last job, so we could spend the night and keep working.

JLem311
10-08-2007, 03:13 PM
karen and nicole--you are too sweet! :)

i appreciate all the congrats and well-wishes. it's a tough adjustment for me, when i was never expecting to see those 2 pink lines ever again! but i'm getting excited, i really am! :)

nicole--your trip sounds like a wonderful time! loved hearing about it!

ok, i'm gonna go and workout now. still gotta get it in, even though i really don't want to. :)

Dee72
10-08-2007, 03:19 PM
I lost 5 lbs. on the TakeOFF. Woohoo! But, man, I got my meal plan, and that's a LOT of food. I'm not sure how I'm going to lose eating so much more than usual. I guess because I'll be eating the right foods?!?!?!

Mama Nicole
10-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Yes, Dee........you need to get that metabolism revved up and ready to burn those calories :) Having so many choices with foods really is the key to being successful with LAWL. Congrats on your first loss :) I am sure there will be many more to come :)

zambejaly5
10-08-2007, 03:31 PM
yea!!!! Nicole is back! welcome home!

Congrats to Jillian! woohoo!

The wedding was fun, I did pretty good, I am a little puffy today so the scale was up 2 but I can deal with that. DH is taking me out tonight for supper, for my birthday (it was saturday the day of his sisters wedding, so nobody, incuding my DH and kids even said anything until 2:30 pm..... a bit over shadowed I guess) so tonight will be the last somewhat off plan thing and then right back at things tomorrow. it will be full steam ahead until Thanksgiving, and then I will take thanksgiving off and relax, then full steam until I leave for florida.

heres to a great week!

Dan2112
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Dee -WAY TO GO!!! See.. I told you just to hold out and you'd see some results! Granted, a lot of that is water and waste, but it should be a good example of what you can do when you put your mind to it.. Just remember that most weeks you'll only see a couple of pounds, which is the healthiest way to lose.. Don't freak out if you're up or down a few ounces at WI.. And try to go to WI at the same time every time...

It's tough to get your mind around the fact that you'll be eating more to lose, but those foods you eat actually work toward weight loss, rather than promote weight retention..

Nicole - Welcome Back!!

healthy2b
10-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Joni-Funny video

Welcome Back Nicole- Can't wait to see the pictures, sounds like you had a great time.

Hello to everyone else....I hope everyone has a great week!

healthy2b
10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Congratulations Jillian!!!!

amylou7777
10-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow! I miss so much when I'm gone for the weekend! We got back from SF yesterday and I feel like a zombie. I haven't partied in a while, so being out and staying up til 4am is NOT something I'm used to anymore. Had a great time though, even though I was really off plan for almost 2 whole days!!!

Anway,

NICOLE!! My it is great to see you. You have to give us more details about the trip! Sounds so beautiful. So glad you are home safe and sound. I loved your rant about your girlfriend. Backhanded "compliments" are a pet peeve of mine. I have a grandmother who is the queen of those. It's very passive agressive, and it gets under my skin. Sounds like you do a great job keeping up with your house! It's just me, dbf and our dog and our house never seems to stay clean!!

Jillian-CONGRATS! So glad to hear you are getting excited. So stange how things work out. I know you can keep from gaining all that weight during the pregnancy. YOu have come so far! Best of luck as your pregnancy progresses and I hope you are here to check in throughout so we can get updates!

Liza, Amy how are you guys feeling?

I had to skim the last few days posts, but I hope everyone is having a good monday!

Off to the dentist...yuck!

Dee72
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks again, Dan, for the encouragement. And, I appreciate all of the other kind words as well!

bayoubelle68
10-08-2007, 04:39 PM
Jillian - incredible news! I am so excited for you!

DH and I tried for 5 years to get pregant and finally had DS. We figured that we were blessed to have him and that would be all. Three years later, while on the pill, I got pregnant! Silly as it seems now, I cried for 3 weeks. I felt too old to be pregnant and didn't think we could make it at all financially. But God worked everything out. Now I can't imagine life without my sweet Elizabeth!

Oh, and with my first pregnancy, I LOST 40 pounds!! I never gained, just kept losing - probably because I was so careful about what I ate. Since the baby was growing and healthy, my doctor was thrilled. Of course, all of those pounds came back - with friends! But I only gained 11 pounds with my second pregnancy.

Okay, enough about me! Yay, Jillian!!!! Congratulations!!

JLem311
10-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Jillian - incredible news! I am so excited for you!

DH and I tried for 5 years to get pregant and finally had DS. We figured that we were blessed to have him and that would be all. Three years later, while on the pill, I got pregnant! Silly as it seems now, I cried for 3 weeks. I felt too old to be pregnant and didn't think we could make it at all financially. But God worked everything out. Now I can't imagine life without my sweet Elizabeth!

Oh, and with my first pregnancy, I LOST 40 pounds!! I never gained, just kept losing - probably because I was so careful about what I ate. Since the baby was growing and healthy, my doctor was thrilled. Of course, all of those pounds came back - with friends! But I only gained 11 pounds with my second pregnancy.

Okay, enough about me! Yay, Jillian!!!! Congratulations!!

felicia--you've definitely given me some hope! i'm crossing my fingers and hoping i don't gain too much. i gained 60lbs with both of my kids but that was due to poor eating and too much eating. hopefully my healthy habits won't get me into too many pounds! i doubt i'll lose while i'm prego, which is fine with me, but i don't want to gain 40lbs either! anyways, thanks for the uplifting story!

Katy66
10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Congratulations Jillian! I'm sure you will do fine in the weight gain department. I can honestly say that except for right now, the healthiest I've ever eaten was when I was pregnant. Something about knowing it is affecting the life inside you helps you make better choices.

Joni135
10-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Is candy corn a veggie or a starch?

Mama Nicole
10-08-2007, 06:04 PM
LOL........it is a veggie, I'm sure :)

aguerin
10-08-2007, 06:48 PM
I Disagree Nicole. Corn falls into the starch category. So Candy Corn should be a condiment. :)

bradleys mom
10-08-2007, 11:26 PM
An unlimited condiment at that Amy...:)

Kim0303
10-09-2007, 12:02 AM
I am glad it is unlimited. This time a year those little pumpkin ones just call my name from the hiding spot. You know I told you I have to hide all the fat girl food in my skinny daughter's bedroom or she hides it that is. Somehow I always find it because I follow the sound of it calling my name!!! Glad to know it is unlimited. I don't have to feel guilty about eating the whole darn bag! She hid them good the other day. I looked for them for 30 minutes. I finally figured out she must have wiped the bag out. I told her she better enjoy that metabolism! She has eaten all day!!!

Jillian, Congratulations!!!! My DD was a suprise too but I can't imagine life without her. God always has perfect timing and plans. Not always ours.

????? Do any of you guys do the slim down drinks???? I am going to have to search that her in a second. My CO is doing an 8 week challenge with using the slim down drinks every other week. They are expensive. Counts as one P and one S. Has 20g protein. I thought about doing it with Slim Fast everything is the same except SF only has 10g of protein. Let me know.

bayoubelle68
10-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Kim - I may be mistaken, but I believe that when you substitute a Slim Fast, you add a piece of string cheese to make up for the protein. One of the pros will have to confirm that.

I SO did not want to get up this morning! I don't know why I'm so tired! I'm thinking of taking Friday off from work so I can go and work to finish cleaning out our old house. We have GOT to get it on the market!! Fridays are the best days to take off since Friday is testing day. That's all we do all day long, so the day pretty much takes care of itself. It's the easiest day for a sub.

Mama Nicole
10-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Good morning everyone. Well, I am trying to decide if today is the day that I get back OP, or if I should wait until tomorrow. I have a party to go to tonight, and I know there is going to be good food there.........and my willpower is still on vacation. Any advice?

Jrny2aNewMe
10-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. We ate our Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, and I made it through that fairly well. For the most part I felt I made good choices, had lots of turkey, potatoes, no gravy, passed on the stuffing, small spoon of peas and corn, broccoli salad, a couple of jellied salads, and a small piece of pie (1/12 of the pie) which I made myself and was made with Splenda. However, yesterday, I broke down and had a bowl of stuffing with gravy! But it tasted sooo good.

Welcome back Nicole! We missed you. Glad to hear you had a great vacation (as if there was any doubt).

Kim #3 – Candy calls my name too. I don’t know what to give out for Halloween this year as there sure isn’t much of it that I don’t like, LOL. My sister always makes up little bags with several treats inside. Maybe I’ll follow that idea, it’s a little harder to rip open a bag than it is to just sneak one or two (or 3 or 4) of those little pieces.

healthy2b
10-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Good morning all:)

Nicole- my vote is to wait one more day.....then you won't feel so deprived at the party and probably won't eat as poorly as if you were trying not to. Does that make sense? I know sometimes temptation is way too much for me and if I don't stress about it I do better.

Ummmmmm....halloween candy.....what to do...what to do? I hate to think of having all that candy in my house. I too have a hard time with control when it is in the house. My neighborhood seems to be the place to be as far as trick-or-treaters go and there will be hundreds of kids coming to my door. I either have to make plans to go somewhere or go buy tons and tons of candy to give out....which means I'll have a hard time staying out of the candy...ugh:(

Sounds like all of you that just celebrated Thanksgiving did a great job....I'm hoping I have as much will power as you all have had.

I love October! The cooler weather...the changing of the leaves...it's so pretty!

Have a great day!:)

Kim0303
10-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks Felicia! I am blessed. We are on Fall break this week. I did have to take a mental health day a few weeks back though. I don't have a sub. My classes are cancelled. I can't imagine having to do a schedule for a sub! Yuk! I now see why my collegues do mental health days on friday! Testing! I know they won't let me pull my kids until the afternoon on Friday.

Val, I hear yeah about the sinning. They ask me at the center yesterday about upcoming challenges. Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving.
My mother makes to die for dressing and of course we never get it except on THANKSGIVING! I could eat the whole pan! Hopefully, I will get by with a little bite of this and a little bite of that. However, my DS also makes a to die for pie (I won't tell you which kind, it will make you mouth water. Lets just say it has a Southern nut in it). We fight over that pie. She makes to but you have to understand my family takes in all the strays in our extended family that don't have anywhere to go so we have a crowd! Get the pie first and then get in the line for the food!!! Oh I got to hush! Just thinking out this is making me crazy!!!

Kim0303
10-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Nicole you know we are going to tell you to do the plan today GIRL!!! Focus! Focus! Focus! Vacation and the partying is over girlfriend.

But do what ya gotta do!

Dan2112
10-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Nicole... While it would be easy to say "just wait until tomorrow", you have to think about what that means in the overall scheme of things when it comes to your lifestyle...

We all like to say that LAWL isn't so much a diet as it is a lifestyle change.. The problem is that while we're in the weight loss phase, it's not something that we should be picking up and dropping when times get tough.. I remember way back when, JM had some concerns that some of us were treating Take Off like an emergency solution to a bad weekend off plan. She was right.. It's not a plan where we can just take a few days off while we're trying to lose weight..

If it were me, I would head to the party tonight with the determination not indulge.. Like they say at the COD.. Look for good choices and exercise some will power to avoid the bad.

You know as we head into the holiday season, we all have more and more opportunities to hurt our goals. But we can't just turn the plan off when we want to, or when we know we're heading into an event fraught with temptation.

Treat this as a test of your resolve.. Think how good you'll feel tomorrow when you can report you stuck to your guns and stayed the course.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way.. I'm not trying to preach here. You're one of the site's best cheerleaders and supporters!

I just think sometimes we forget that this place isn't just for sharing stories and victories.. It's also for helping each other get back on track..

Good luck tonight!

Mama Nicole
10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Yep. That's what I needed. That's what I asked for :) Thanks Dan, Kim, and Carrie. I already knew the answer.......just needed you guys to remind me. Thanks, friends :)

aguerin
10-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Good Morning All.

I'm yo-yoing between starting stabalization and trying to get 3-5 more pounds off. My Husband told me this weekend that I had lost enough weight. I looked good and he didn't want me to get to skinny. But I just want to see that 140 on the scale and at the same time, I keep sabotaging my progress. Does that make sense? Or is it my body telling me I need that extra weight (LOL).

Nicole you are going to have to get everyone motivated around here again. Not a lot of posting going on since you left. It was so dry in here last week and I admit I wasn't much help either so not pointing fingers.

bayoubelle68
10-09-2007, 12:43 PM
Question asked by a student this morning:
"Mrs. Pate, I know you said at the beginning of the year that we can't bring candy for snack, but I brought candy corn. My mom says, it's not just candy. It's corn, too, so it has to be good for you!!"

Do you know how hard it was to keep myself from saying, "Honey, your mom is full of crap!"??? I restrained myself and just told her she couldn't eat it and gave her the extra snack that I always have for those whose parents don't send anything.

Dan2112
10-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Felicia - Good for you for sticking to your guns!!

Amy - I have a sneaking suspicion that your yo-yoing is a subconcious thing. You're fighting an inward battle because part of you, partly influenced by your DH, is very comfortable with the weight you are now. But then there's the other more concious thought that you want to eek out just a few more pounds...

You just have to make up your mind which way you REALLY want to go and then do it, other motivating factors be-darned...

BarbaraB
10-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Amy, I also debated long and hard about when to start stabilization. I know that I was fixated on numbers on a scale, as 160 does not sound like you've really gotten all that skinny to me... but according to my body fat measurements, I was really getting fairly lean and losing any more was just not really reasonable. You should check yours and make sure you are not trying to force yourself into an unmaintainable weight. I had been much lower, but really due to the healthy way you lose on LAWL, you are probably losing all fat and not losing lean muscle mass. This means that you might not get down to scale numbers that you saw in the past. You will look better at a higher weight, maintain your weight loss easier and generally be healthier and have a shot at keeping it off though.

amylou7777
10-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Good morning! A quick hello before I make my way to the COD. My scale is showing me WAY up from this weekend. Dan, your motivational "don't cheat" post really made me realize that I am slipping into these days off and it's just not working. I need to get back to those first couple months where I was making all the right changes.
As we head into the holidays, I'm motivated to look good, but can't imagine not having what I want at Tgiving/xmas. BUt you are so right, there are ways to tweak it!

Val-you should be proud you made it through with only one little slip up! How was the splenda pie?

Nicole- best of luck at your party!

ok all-off to see what the official damage is...

Lynx
10-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Amy (Dixie Chick) - I have been following the progress of your journey and you have done so well. My recommendation is that you go for stabilization. My reasoning is that you are close to the number that you feel that you want to be, but for whatever reason, you cannot reach it now. I am saying that you should give your self a break, relax, enjoy your success. I have heard of many people who lose more weight after stabilization. Then the burden is lifted and they can relax a little and then the body responds.

Dan - You said " remember way back when, JM had some concerns that some of us were treating Take Off like an emergency solution to a bad weekend off plan. She was right.. It's not a plan where we can just take a few days off while we're trying to lose weight."
I don't know if JM said that, but I certainly did and I still believe that. This is why I say that. I think that when you have a bad weekend and then turn to a TO you are confusing your metabolism. Think of the analogy of a swing - a pendulum swinging. Eat, eat more, then eat very little. This is confusing. Maybe some people can use as a strategy to maintain, but if you truly want to lose weight and have your body respond then you have to be consistent in following the plan. I understand that no one can be 100% on plan.

Note to self - I am glad that I do not like candy corn.

Nicole - I missed you so much that I went to the Dollar Store and thought of you when I was there.

Take care everyone and have a great week.

week 40
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 50 lbs.
Motto - My new motto is - I know how this _______ tastes. I have had it before. I will have it again someday, just not today……..

aguerin
10-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the advice Lynn. That makes sense. I really am pleased with the way that I look, but I am just hung up on that number. It could also be a "defeated" type thing if I give up now without actually making goal.

MomOfThreeTeens
10-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Welcome back Nicole!!!!!

Jillian!!! WOW Congrats honey!!!! Thats awesome news! I love babies!

My sons wedding is in 11 days, WOW!!!!!! And I STILL dont have shoes! LOL

Lynx
10-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Amy - One last thought. I can tell that you, like many of us, are a type A personality and therefore, it is hard for us to not reach the place that we thought we should be able to reach. I am so glad that you are pleased with the way that you look and apparently hubby is too. Enjoy you deserve it.

week 40
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 50 lbs.
Motto - My new motto is - I know how this _______ tastes. I have had it before. I will have it again someday, just not today……..

Lynx
10-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Kim - Son's wedding 11 days. Do you have a DSW? If you do, that is the place to go - you will find what you want there.

week 40
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 50 lbs.

BarbaraB
10-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Lynn, When did you hit 50 pounds? What an accomplishment! I just noticed on your info that you'd gone over 50. I'm glad I'm not all that fond of candy corn too.

Mama Nicole
10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Nicole you are going to have to get everyone motivated around here again. Not a lot of posting going on since you left. It was so dry in here last week and I admit I wasn't much help either so not pointing fingers.

You know, with this forum, there are lulls, and then there are times when you can barely keep up :) We have lost a few really great members (you know who you are if you are lurking.......get back in the game) recently, and sometimes it takes a little while to get a free flowing fun rapport with new members.....so let this be a shout out to all of you newbies and/or old members who think what they have to say is not important enough to type out.............START TYPING!!! If it seems your posts are being ignored, trust me, they are NOT.........there are just times that people are busier than others and don't have the time to respond to everyone personally :) I have confidence that before we know it, we will all be having a hard time keeping up :)

I did read back on most of the postings, and I got a chuckle out of Lynn going to the dollar store in my honor. And yes, Lettie, I did read that far back :) Thanks for missing me!!!

Dan....you are a true inspiration......keep the words of wisdom comming. Uplifting, encouging (sp) posts like that get everyone's attention. It is catchy, and that is good.

Kim #2......you must be sooo excited for DS's wedding. You know, I found lovely shoes at JC Penney a few months back.

Amy......did you ever hear the expression, "don't should on yourself!" Numbers don't mean a thing. Your overall health is the goal......and let me just say, congrats.......you are a success. Enjoy stabilization and maintainance.........and don't even think about leaving us :)

Amylou.......Dan is soo right. If you want the program to work, you have to work it. You can do it girlie :)

Barbara......great advice and encouragement once again :)

Felicia........I had to laugh at your post, cuz I can just see one of my kids taking me out of context and saying something like that to their teacher and making me look like a total a$$!!! I am assuming you have had issues with this family before and that is why it irritated you.......so I am not saying that to make you feel bad or anything.....I just got a giggle out of it. I am kind of sarcastic from time to time (ok, daily), and my 5 year old does NOT get sarcasm AT ALL........and that makes it even funnier....LOL.

Val......you are so on to me.......it wouldn't have mattered where DH and I went........it was just sooo nice to get away.

Hey, I thought Wendy was going to start posting with us again.........

Joni........your new job sucks.........lol

Ok, time to eat lunch. Stay strong the rest of this day guys......it will be worth it :)
XOXO

dawn78
10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I hear you all on the Halloween candy, we’re planning on having about 1,000 trick-or-treaters this year. My strategy is to buy the candy I like the least or stuff like animal crackers or pretzels or every juice boxes because those are not nearly as tempting as peanut M&M’s or snickers.

Mama Nicole
10-09-2007, 03:09 PM
Dawn........your kids are so darn cute. I just looked at your profile picture. I love babies :)

enogo07
10-09-2007, 03:22 PM
I am new to 3fc but have been doing lawl for about 6 weeks but I have started to make a few bad choices lately and really blew it this weekend!!! So, I started take off again yesterday and today to get back on track. As I read thru the posts I see mention of not using take off for a bad weekend :dizzy:

My question is for those that have been at it a while...if you "fall of the wagon" for a few days do you get right back on track with eating plan or start TO or FF?? Any advise would be great!!

KSingleton
10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Dawn-Wow! 1000 Trick or Treaters. You have got to be kidding!?!?! My porch light is broken so last year we didn't have any. I hate to say this but I hope the same stays true for this year. BTW, isn't Halloween on Wednesday this year? Maybe we won't have as many because it is a church night.

Nicole-I love your posts! I haven't been a member long, but you make us all feel so important.

Dan-You are a great motivator! Are you on any of the LAWL videos? I was in the office the other day and I could have sworn one of the guys on the video was you.

Well, as I said on last week's posts, I went out of town this past weekend for a church/minister's convention. I didn't eat things not OP, but I didn't stay POP either. I may have had 2 glasses of water each day. I just didn't drink anything. I ate twice a day, that's it! I didn't eat any fruit the entire time. with church/meetings twice a day it was just hectic and difficult! Yesterday I was POP, and so far today is too! By my home scales I didn't gain anything over the weekend but I haven't lost since Saturday a week ago so I really need to get back on track with losing weight!

Dan2112
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Enogo - Using TO or FF after a "bad" weekend has its advantages and disadvantages... The problem is that it can become a crutch, thus giving you an excuse to overindulge.. You think: "Well, I can have the fudge and pizza and beer.. I'll just do a TO on Monday or Tuesday to counteract it..."

Once or twice during your weight loss phase is one thing, but if you continue to do it, you get into a mindset that it's ok to cheat.. And at this stage of your plan, you really can't cheat at all!

Now.. That being said, TO or FF can be used to help your body get back into the swing of things if you've plateaued.. That's really what it's for.

Personally, I've given up the "emergency TO's" in favor of just getting off my a$$ and getting back on plan.. After a particularly bad weekend, I make sure I spend the next few days eating high fiber foods, lean proteins and light starches... I try to avoid any heavy foods, even if they are "on plan"...

Since you've already started and are just about done with the TO, see it through and spend the next few days with the lean and light stuff.. You always want to follow up a TO or FF with lighter foods.. That helps you maximize weight loss.. But be warned.. Don't skip portions.. Eat what you are supposed to eat.. If you skip portions days after a TO or FF, your body could very well go into "starvation" mode and hold onto everything it can..

Good job on your losses so far.. Now you have to pull yourself up, remember why you're doing this in the first place and exert some willpower!!

Joni135
10-09-2007, 04:32 PM
LOL Nicole - yes, I, too, hate the fact that work is all consuming at the moment....and my posting time is limited. Next week I have to travel all week, so I may not be around much at all. Try not to miss me too much.
Oh, like the others have said, go tonight and enjoy, but make good choices. Heck, you don't drink, and to me, that is half the battle of going to a party. Write down EVERYTHING you eat tonight and report back tomorrow!

Dawn - holy toledo...1000 trick or treaters!!?? I'd be turning off my lights and hiding in my basement. I'm so bad. I just cannot buy the candy and have it in my house or I'll eat every last piece of it. So, I simply do not buy it. There is NO candy I don't like, and let's face it, most of the kids want candy. I have some leftover LAWL salad dressing packets that I really don't care for. I wonder if I can toss those in the trick or treat bags and get away with it?

Welcome enogo.....TO or FF. If you are doing the lites and enjoy them, then stick with TO. If you really want to limit your carbs and sugars, then do a FF. I think they both serve the same general purpose of getting your head back in the game. Good luck.

Amylou - what's the verdict!!!??

Amy - I agree with Lynn...try stabilization and see what happens. Changing things up a little bit may be just what you need.

Dan2112
10-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Krista.. No.. It's not me.. Unless my COD put me on video without telling me.. Considering the **** they've put Liz and I through, I don't know if I'd consent to being on one of their videos... Of course, everyone has a price... :lol:

KSingleton
10-09-2007, 04:54 PM
Dan-I think you'd know if it was you because someone is actually interviewing the guy! Oh well, they say we all have a double somewhere.

haha

Kim0303
10-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Kim3 - Am I going o have to come and get you and force you to go shoe shopping????? Girl you have the week off! Get with it!

Of course you could always do what is the norm for my strange family and friends. One got married in Conneticut at an upscale historic castle looking place and everyone except the groom's dad wore hi top tennis shoes. Bride and groom are artist, dad run's a corporation!!! Ha! Ha! Then my niece's wedding, all the girls wore flip flops and it was a very large wedding. So take your pick, flip flops, tennis shoes, or shopping!

Lynx
10-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Barbara B - I hit the big 50 yesterday and it feels really good. I went and got a pedicure, but I may have to do something more than that. We are going on vacation next week to Myrtle Beach so maybe I will find a little reward there.

Hey Joni - Thanks for the youtube Mom's song. Loved it and I am passing it on.

week 40
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 50 lbs.

Joni135
10-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Kim - I would have loved to seen a picture of the high-top sneaker wedding!

Lynn - when I saw the line that you hit the "big 50" yesterday, I almost said "hey, I'm turning 50 this year too....duh! You are talking pounds!!" Congrats - you are doing fabulous!

I'm feeling sort of blah and out of sorts. I need to find my mojo and get my arse in gear...the gym tomorrow morning will be a start. I watched TBL hoping it would jazz me up; it didn't. I need some happy pills...just kidding...I just need some funny Felicia or Nicole stories!

bayoubelle68
10-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Nicole - yes, I've had issues with this mom. She actually told me that she thought her child would do much better if I stood beside her all day while I taught. I told her that I have 24 other children in my class who need and deserve my attention and that wasn't feasible! She also told me that I was absolutely insane for expecting 2nd graders to learn all that we are learning and that I am expecting too much. She threatened to go to the school board to let them know the skills I was expecting her child to learn. I reminded her that I have to teach what the state says I have to teach. I also told her that when you expect kids not to learn much, they usually don't. But if you keep your expectations high with a positive and encouraging attitude, kids will usually perform higher than even they thought they could. I always refuse to look at my students cumulative folders for the first three weeks. I don't want to know what they couldn't do in years past. I want to know what they can do when I expect them to achieve. I've often been shocked to find that one of the kids who is doing awesome was labeled an underachiever!

Wow! I didn't mean to get on my soapbox!

All that to say, yes, this mom gets under my skin! LOL!!

Dan2112
10-09-2007, 11:45 PM
Dang, Felicia.. I want you as my kid's teacher... I often feel they don't get enough to do... I seem to remember having TONS of homework when I was a kid.. What they have by comparison is paltry...

Tuesday Cool
10-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Hello, everybody. I am a newby on this site and looking forward to learning LAWL tricks from the pros. My COD has 12 year olds as counselors. They talk so fast I need to replay every sentence to get any information, plus they seem to be spouting the same dialog from a manual. If I hear the phrase "Super" one more time I will explode!
I know I can reach my goals, that is the kind of person I am but I need to have relearned my eating and reprogrammed my inner voice of negativity. By the end of this my money and time needs to have metamorphosed my body and mind. Call me a butterfly shedding my exoskeleton.
Well any way glad to have this support group to lean on during my journey. Tuesday

bayoubelle68
10-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Dan - I actually don't give much homework since I teach second grade. We work so much in the classroom that I want them to go home, have a quick review, and then be a kid for a little while. My goal in homework is to give no more than 20 minutes worth. If a kid can work 10 problems, why give them 20? I mostly want the parents to be involved so they can see what we're doing. They have to sign the homework every night so I know that they at least saw it. I don't ever want there to be an instance where a parent comes to me and says, "I had no idea he/she was struggling so much with this!" I love when a parent writes me and says, "He seems to be having problems with ??? Can you help with this?" I'm embarrassed to say that there are times when I haven't picked up on every kid's weaknesses - one of the many problems with over-sized classrooms.

Some parents love my style, some don't. Most are grateful for the daily report that I send home concerning behavior and classroom performance. That way, we can all see right away when problems are starting and nip them in the bud.

I'm very much a "honey, baby, sugar" kind of teacher - I LOVE my students and consider myself their mother during school hours. But I expect a lot from my kids. I'm rarely disappointed in their efforts. I think that when you establish an atmosphere of mutual respect in the classroom, kids are more willing to work their tails off for you to show you what they can do.

Okay, enough about my teaching philosophy!!!

Everybody have an awesome day!!

bayoubelle68
10-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Welcome, Tuesday!!

Lynx
10-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi again Joni,
Thanks for the compliment on the pounds that I have lost. Regarding my reference to the "big 50" - Agewise - I guess you could say that I don't have to worry about turning 50 because "been there done that." I am 60 about to turn 61 LOL.

Everyone make today count in this journey of ours........

week 40
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 50 lbs.

KrispieD
10-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Morning All
I haven't had a chance to read back and catch up but I did see a big 50 next to Lynn's name so congrats!!
Hope you are all doing well. Joni.. my mojo has gone too.. to another planet or gone south or something!!! Post Thanksgiving recommitment fully engaged for this lady!! I am about to write out my journal for next two weeks, re stock my healthy fridge and get back into the game. For the rest of my Canucks that are also 'stuffed' from this past weekend.. yesterday is over and done with so let's all get back on the band wagon today and start anew!!

Happy week everyone!

Joni see if you can get into the new pics of your 'kids'

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=16709&l=18eb3&id=535352065

Jrny2aNewMe
10-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Good morning All:

AmyLou – actually the splenda pie was quite good, I didn’t think you could tell the difference and others also told me you couldn’t tell the difference. I had made apple before with half sugar and half Splenda, so this time I decided to go all Splenda. The pecan I made with Splenda brown sugar blend for baking (which is half real brown sugar and half splenda), as well as the corn syrup of course, and the pumpkin I made with a mixture of real white sugar and Splenda brown sugar, and nobody could tell the difference that I had done replacements on those either.

Dawn – 1000 trick or treaters! – WOW! How do you afford it? I used to get about 250 and I thought that was a lot, I can’t imagine 1000.

Nicole – Boy, do I hear you on the friend with the comments about your house. However, in my case it’s my sister! She is constantly making similar type comments to me when she comes over, tries to make it all sound nice, but there is a subtle dig in there. Not that my place is a dump mind you, but there are days when it is certainly not something from a magazine. Her place is like that – no matter when you go there, but there she is single and has been so all her life, so has never had anyone to clean up after besides herself. This past summer I had her water my bedding plants while I was on vacation, and there were apparently a couple of weeds I missed. She made the comment when I got back about how I had these couple of plants that she thought were weeds, but figured that anything that had got that big must have been planted deliberately! *itch!

Welcome Tuesday! You have found a “super” site. There are times that we all find some of the counselors at the COD a little bit annoying, There are a couple at mine that I just want to punch in the mouth when they look at me and say “what happened” whenever I may have a slight gain, yet when I am consistently losing tell me I’m one of their “poster clients” and want to put my picture on their wall! Arrrgh! However, my point is that there are times when you get a counselor that is very helpful, and some not so much. Bear with it. However, I have found that this everyone on this site is very supportive and will give very good advice.

Lynn – You look great, I would never have put you at 60!

Have a great POP day everyone!

aguerin
10-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Good Morning All. I am in a much better mood today, but I just don't want to be at work.

Lynn - CONGRAUTLATIONS on the BIG 50!. What an accomplishment.

Does anybody know what is up with the underlining in our text now? Did I miss something? Some kind of announcement or something?

Nicole / Val: My house inspector was my mom. My house is lived in. I have 3 to clean up after and I finally told her I wasn't going to spend my LIFE cleaning a house for it to get mess up again in a few minutes. There were too many other things that I wanted to do.

Felicia - Love the school stories. You will look back one day and wish you had kept a journal of events and stories. I do on the life of my SIL/BIL. It would be better than any fiction / reality show you have ever watched. LOL

dawn78
10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Nicole – thanks for the comment on the kids. I just had their fall pictures done this last weekend so I’ll have to update my profile picture of them. Of course DD wouldn’t smile, she was more concerned w/ eating the mum plant and leaves and DS was squinting in every picture. Oh well, such is life.

Lynn – congrats on hitting the 50lbs mark. That’s a huge accomplishment! I would be so happy to just hit the 20lbs mark. I’ve been stuck at this weight for over 2 months.

In regards to Halloween, yes, we do actually get about a 1,000 kids and if the weather is nice, we can get even more. There’s just something about our neighborhood that everyone in town flocks too. A few years back one of the metro news channels even came down and did a story on it. Yes, it can get expensive, but we have about 20 people that come to our house to help hand out candy and watch all the kids and some of those people usually contribute a few bags of candy. Every little bit helps! It does get pretty crazy. Most of the neighbors put out decorations and lights, they all play Halloween music, and those of us that have fire pits bring them out so people can gather around and try to stay warm. We love it and it’s really a great time for everyone. I never really cared about Halloween until we moved to this neighborhood so now I never want to move out of it! I’m so glad that my kids get a chance to experience this, my DS starts getting excited for Halloween in July already. This year DH, DS and I are dressing up as Viking warriors. DD will be a pumpkin, I thought for her first year she should be something cute. DS thought we should all dress up as Star War characters and DD could be Yoda. Not this year! Okay, I'm rambling, that's enough.

Dan2112
10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Boy do Liz and I know what a messy house is like.. Seems like no matter how much we clean up, it's a cluttered mess in no time...

A friend and former roomate of ours wrote a book a couple years ago on how to "declutter" the home.. It's a good book, but just like LAWL, you have to really COMMIT to it for it to work.. I encourage you to check it out..

http://www.clutterwise.com/

KSingleton
10-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Dawn-That sounds like so much fun! I love getting together with family/community that is the best part of any holiday. Every year for Halloween we always have Trunk or Treat at our church. My DH is the youth minister, and basically that means I plan it. I love it though. Anyone who wants to participate decorates the "Trunk" of their car/van/pickup and the kids go from trunk to trunk trick or treating. We always roast hot dogs, and have apple cider. It is so much fun. It has become not just a youth event but an entire church event. You'll even see the elderly going from trunk to trunk saying trick or treat! This year Halloween is on a Wednesday so we are going to have the party immediately following church service. I am so excited! I usually dress up as a clown and paint faces too.

Lynn - Congrats on hitting 50!

I hope everyone has a good day 'cause I'm feeling mighty fine! We are actually going to have fall like weather today. I've been told that the high will be 77! I love it!

Mama Nicole
10-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Good morning everyone :) I am off a bit cuz DH is working from home today. He is flying out at 4:00 p.m. to Minneapolis for work for two days. Anyway........I will have PLENTY of time over the next few days while he is gone. I will re-earn my name as the Post Master for sure :) Well, since my time is short, I will have to come back later on to play. I did, however want to say:

Congratulations on hitting the 50 lb mark, Lynn!!!

That is a huge accomplishment..........and yes, pun intended :) And, I would have never guessed you were 60 or 61. You look great. So glad you put your picture back up on your avatar. I feel like there is a better connection between members when we can see each other's faces.

So please, everyone who does NOT have a picture up for their avatar.........just do it :)

Ok, have to go and get something done here today. I have such a hard time doing that when DH is home...........it always feels like a weekend to me when he is here :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh, and Kristin..........XOXO, so happy to see you!!!

Katy66
10-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey everyone, been pretty busy but wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing.

Lynn - congrats on losing the 50. That is wonderful! Oh and I would never have guessed 60 yrs old:)

Felicia - can you be my DD's teacher too?:)

Amy - so have you made your decision yet?

I think the underlined words are things that would show up if someone did a search using those words or you can click on it and get more info. Like where baking is underlined takes you to some cookbooks on healthy baking.

I've been pretty much on plan this week, even with my dental catastrophe. Go back for an official WI this Friday for the first time in a couple of weeks. We shall see how it goes, I'm really hoping for a loss to help get me motivated again. Haven't been great with the work outs this week either. Had the crown incident Monday, MD appt yesterday but I WILL GET MY WORK OUT IN TODAY:)

Dan2112
10-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I have been remiss in saying CONGRATS to Lynn for making it to 50 lbs. It's a fantastic achievement.. WAY TO GO!!!!!

slim n trim
10-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Good Afternoon my cyber friends.

just quick fly by here. I am busy cleaning today, and have an interview this aft - so I am trying to keep myself busy so I don't get into the things I shouldn't be eating. Its been long time since i had an interview - so I am a little nervous.

Anyway, just wanted to say Lynn - congratulations!!! 50 lbs is awesome. Keep up the good work.

And the other thing - (don't remember the name) but 1000 trick or treaters - oh my **** ..... that is one pile of candy. We used to get about 125 kids before we moved 6 years ago. Now, the area we are in has a lot of older people, and we only get about 10 or 15 kids. I just can't imagine what all that candy must cost you.

Anyway, gotta go - will check in later.

aguerin
10-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Katy66 - I will take Lynn's advice and start stabalization today. Yes it was a hard decision and one I hope I can live with. The thought of that extra yogurt today just scares me. Not that I actually needed to "start" it. I was already stabalized on the WL, I just hadn't started the food adding part of it yet. :)

slim n trim
10-10-2007, 03:08 PM
oh yeah, one more thing,
Kim - noone will even notice your shoes in that smokin dress you have for your son's wedding...... but you better find something anyway.

Your gonna knock em dead - you hot mamma you!

healthy2b
10-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! I just have a quick minute so I wanted to say
Congratulations to Lynn! WTG on reaching 50lbs lost!

Karen - love your new avatar!

Jrny2aNewMe
10-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Karen - I like the new avatar - Are those your grandbabies? They look like real cuties.

BarbaraB
10-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Amy, I don't regret starting stabilization at a higher weight. You got to consider how easy it is going to be to maintain a weight too. First week of stabilization is only unlimited veggies, so I wouldn't worry about gaining on any extra carrots you might eat. At least that is what I ate with my unlimited veggies card (and they do give you a ticket at the COD, when I got the one for the extra starch I really felt like it was the golden ticket).

Today marks 2 totally consistent weeks of POP. I've got to stop thinking that requires some sort of a food reward! I would settle for any drop on the scale at all (I know I have to actually GET on the scale to see one, which I haven't). I bought a 6 pack of the LA Slim Downs, and had that for lunch yesterday and today. It really is quite filling. I had some carrots with it too.
I have cut back on the exercise, but just a little bit. I used to strive for 5 hours of cardio a week, which is a worthy goal, but really, hard to fit in. Now I'm doing more like 4 hours and trying to do some more weights and toning exercises. I just started doing pushups on Monday, and man.. something so simple can really make a lot of different muscles a bit twingy. I have to remember to do those more often, since you don't need any equipment to do a push up.

Joni, My brother just turned 50 about a week ago. It upset my mom a little, since it is one thing to be above 50 yourself, but to have children over 50, I guess it makes a person feel old. She is only 68 herself though, having had her children rather young. I hope your new job is not going to make you not be our queen and detective for missing members where abouts.

Nicole, You probably just make your friend feel a little inadequate, since if your house is clean and you do it all yourself, what is her excuse for needing the house cleaner and all that other help. Super moms such as yourself can be a bit intimidating for those of us who were overwhelmed by a lot fewer children and a lot more help. Her statements are probably not meant to make you feel bad. I shudder to think what my house would look like if I was the mother of 5 children. So she probably is amazed that you have it together, since she probably doesn't imagine that she would have it together in your place. Not at all a negative statement or insult from her point of view, in fact kind of a place of awe.

Mama Nicole
10-10-2007, 04:48 PM
I could just kiss you, Barbara :)

I am out the door to get DD, but I have a few info nuggets to share later ;)
XOXO

Joni135
10-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Kristen - YES...the pics are fabulous and looks like a good time was had by all!
Jaimie and her pumpkin, sack sliding got some great smiles; love the "wild" animals in the family picture! "deere sisters" - haha

Yes...my job is keeping me busy. I did ask Suzanne to check on Cassi again. No word yet.

Nicole - So good to have you back. Have you shared any pics from Germany yet??

Kim0303
10-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Lynn, Congratulations on 50 pounds gone!!! How awesome.

KrispieD
10-10-2007, 07:04 PM
Joni sweetie pie!!
Nicole Welcome Home? Wo ist der Deutsheland??? Haben sie ein biere?

It's back to the grind on this end after a busy holiday weekend.. lots of time in the car but with two very well behaved kids.. whew! My belly button is still sticking out from the stuffing.. we have a crazy few social weeks ahead so as always I can't wait to get back to 'normal'.. translated to POP and meal planning .. I plan to make full use of my crock pot this year as the little ones have us on a full schedule after work of gymnastics, Irish dancing, ballet etc!
Hope you are all doing well and wish you all a super week!

slim n trim
10-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Carrie and Val - thank you!!!
yes those are my grandaughters.
I think that they are pretty cute too.

amylou7777
10-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Hi everyone!

Wow this has been a busy week for me. I was not very happy when I got to the COD and showed a 3lb gain?! Yikes! That is way more than I've ever gained since joining so I was a little frustrated. My counselor was really sweet and didn't seem too concerned. She knew it was TOM and that I had drank too much this weekend and convinced me it was water weight.

So I've been POP so far this week and am trying to keep going! I'll be home with my family this weekend and have already warned them that there will be not cheating! My fam is very supportive, but also very into food...so it can be a challenge.

Lynn-CONGRATUALTIONS! Wow, 50lbs! Bet it feels great.

And I agree with Nicole about the av pics. I have a hard time remembering who people are when they don't show their face or their name!

Barbara-you know, I bet you are right on about Nicole's friend and the house comments. I just wish people could be more honest about their thoughts and less insecure and just say what they are thinking i.e. "Nicole you are a super mom and I have no idea how you do it!" Wouldn't that be nice?

Karen-I love your new avatar!

Amy- congrats on stabalization! I think you should be VERY proud of yourself! Enjoy that extra yogurt!

Felicia-I've been curious about whether you had sold your old house! I hope you get some time to get that taken care of! Are you loving your new place?

Where's Liza?

Lettie-how is your NS progress coming?

To everyone else, have a fabulous evening!

amylou7777
10-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Val-wow you are quite the baker!!! All three sounds devine! I'm going to have to spread the word about the brown sugar splenda!

bradleys mom
10-10-2007, 10:08 PM
YAY LYNN!!! 50 lbs! WOW cant wait to get there! Im envious! :)

What inspiration we have around here ladies and gents!!

Mama Nicole
10-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Good evening ladies…..and Dan. You know, I said I could just kiss Barbara before because it made me feel sooo much better about my girlfriend. I do enjoy her friendship in so many ways, and she is an old friend, and there is nothing quite like an old friend…….so thinking of her dumb comments that way akes it more bearable. I guess I am always surprised at people, cuz we all have our talents and skills……..and they are all unique and different from each other. I always think that I could never work outside of the home, cuz I just don’t have what it takes to do that and this. Many of my friends are much more organized and timely than I am….so it is odd for me to think that someone would wonder how I do it. But, I do hear what you are saying, and I think it is a good way to look at it. None of us are perfect…….but it doesn’t make us care about each other any less J Thanks for the perspective Barbara and Amy too.

Oh, and Amy…………..don’t be discouraged about your gain. It will be ok. I remember the first time I had a major gain at the COD, and I had been OP. I got really scared that all of the magic had been used up. So silly to think that way……but really, I thought for sure it was the end of the line for me and losing. Next week will be so much better.

Katy……did you get your crown fixed? I haven’t yet……I am still on the fence about my dentist. DH also came home with a new dental insurance company this week, so I will have to check all of my coverage and providers and all that fun. Oh, and did I mention that I am petriefed of the dentist?

Karen………your granddaughters are soooo cute. I can’t wait to be a Grandma. I just love babies……

Dixie Amy……I think you are going to be sooo happy with your decision to start stab. We are all so proud of you!!!

Joni………I just got DH to put all of our pics on a disk today….and I am uploading them to my PC as I am typing here. I hope some of them are good………it’s so hard to know how they will be until you start playing with them. Is the business….hey how do you spell busy-ness to make it not look like business? I am asking if the busy-ness of your new job a good thing or a bad thing? I hope it is all going good, and that even though it sucks for us, it is good for you . And thanks…….it is so good to be back J

Kristen………as soon as I get my pictures situated a bit, I am going to drool over your girls. I just love little girls…….and yours are just sooooo darn cute!!! Do you speak German? I sure as heck don’t……..but I did recognize a few of the words you typed……..lol.

Hi Kim J

Kimberly…….how have you been?

Ok, so I mentioned before that I had a little nugget………..if you haven’t already figured it out…….it my way of saying I have some dirt or info to share…..and no, I am not pregnant……..My DH found out yesterday that his dad died on August 5th (my birthday). He doesn’t really know his dad, as he left them before DH was born. He did see him a few times as a baby/toddler, but DH has no memory of him at all. Well, EMIL has been collecting child support (back support) for many many years (none of which DH has ever seen, but that is a whole other story), and suddenly stopped receiving checks. She started calling around, only to find out he had died over a month ago…….at 58, of cancer. I asked DH, “how are you supposed to feel about this?” And he said, “I have no clue.” EMIL seemed all out of sorts cuz DH wasn’t all upset and crying. Dh was somewhat annoyed. He has spent his whole life being hurt by this man……..so if anything, he probably found a bit of relief in his death. I mean, I am no doctor or anything……who knows how he will feel about it all in a few days, or even by tonight. Anyway……….don’t you think it is weird that EMIL is getting back child support checks and doesn’t even share them with her kids? They are both out of the house. DH is the youngest, and is 31 years old. And really, I could care less about the $$$$, I just find it really weird. Also, I have been avoiding speaking to EMIL cuz I am afraid I may open up a can of whoop a$$ long distance style on her. She has been urging DH to try to track down info on his dad to see if maybe he was put into the will. First of all…….it seems that this man was in debt up to his ears…….and second of all……..obviously, dear old dad cut the ties a long time ago. I think it is cruel to give my DH some false type of hope that in death his estranged father did the right thing. If he did, may monkeys fly out of my a$$. Also, found out hat dear old dad had another son that is 6 years younger than my DH, and he was the only survivor mentioned at the funeral service or in the obit. DH says his mom says this kid is not dear old dad’s biological child………..but she has been known to, let us say, stretch the truth. So I just don’t know how this is going to affect DH, and now he is in MN for business until Friday……..and that just sucks. I think this is the first time he has really taken the time to think about his dad in many many years……and I just wish I could take all of his feelings of hurt and confusion when it starts to wear on him. Darn that stupid stupid EMIL. I don’t know why she couldn’t have just let him know about it, and then said she was sorry, and left it at that. Wow………….sorry about the novel. I just hate it when DH is down………especially when it has to do with EMIL. I swear, there is something wrong in her brain. OK, enough already………sorry. But I do feel so much better, and you guys are so much better at keeping things to yourselves than some members of my family…….J

Ok, I am going to go check out these Germany pictures now. If any of them are any good, I will share.

Love to you all!!
XOXO

bayoubelle68
10-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Amy - we haven't even put our old house on the market!! That's one reason why I'm taking kext Friday off from school. I'm going to drop off the kids and head to the old house to get the rest of our stuff out. It's all stuff that we really need, but I've been enjoying our new clutter-free lifestyle so much that I haven't been in any rush to get the rest of our stuff. DH's work schedule has prevented him from doing much, so I'm just going to bite the bullet and get it done.

Meanwhile, the new house is wonderful!! We've only entertained once since moving in (for DH's birthday), but it was great. We plan to entertain a LOT, but that has to wait until we've sold the other house since money is understandably a little tight right now! We are planning to show an outdoor movie before Halloween and invite lots of the kids' friends and all the neighborhood kids. It's going to be BYOP (Bring Your Own Popcorn) so it won't be expensive. DH is co-owner of a sound and media company, so the huge screen and projector won't cost anything. I'm excited. We're just waiting for the weather to cool off a bit so the mosquitos won't fly by and think we've set up a buffet for them with all those kids!! It's still in the low 90's around here!

aguerin
10-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Good Morning ALL!! Today is my Friday as I am taking off tomorrow. BECAUSE - I Have got to travel to DC the next two weeks in a row. Yikes! Travel just wears me out and the scales don't like it either.

Nicole - I love your stories. I think your DH will feel some type of loss because that is a connection with his life whether he actually knew him or not. As far as sharing the Child support EMIL probably thinks that it is help or repayment for her previous struggles with finances. Child Support usually doesn't go TO the kids, but to help provide their needs. And since she probably did without something back then to provide she is making up for it now. Make sense? I know blah, blah, blah, blah

Kim - I agree with everyone else. Who will see your shoes with the way you look in that gorgeous dress? Course you could get the black high-top sneakers and they would.

I think our site is becoming the cheaters confessional. It seems that we are all sneaking, taking the day off (me), celebrating, etc. and it is costing us scale wise. We need to focus.

First day of stabalization wasn't too bad. I actually started with week 2 (dairy) since I pretty much quit measuring my vegetables when they gave me the information. I was down a few oz this a.m. too. I am now back down to 143. I may make 140 by the end of Oct.

Have a great POP day Everyone!

JLem311
10-11-2007, 08:59 AM
hey everyone. just thought i'd post a quick good morning. i've been up for a few hours already because slept so crappy last night. had so much tension in my shoulders i could barely sleep. and i woke up so hungry that i was nauseous..so i got up and made dh and i some eggbeaters with cheese and thomas light whole wheat english muffins. it was great, but like 30mins later i was still hungry, so i had a bowl of fiber one with splenda. :)

yeah, i'm trying to embrace this whole pregnancy thing, but i guess i'm just still a bit upset by it all since we had agreed and planned on never having a child together and that i was done being pregnant ever again. i have given away all my "fat clothes", pregnancy clothes (not that a size 2 or 3x would fit me anyways..way too big this time around) and all my prego books (i had soooo many, because i love reading!)

but i am trying to get excited about it. the hunger thing is kinda freaking me out though..i was never really hungry while i was on the plan. and now this. and i've already seen the scale move up a few pounds..hopefully it's just bloating.

oh and work was horrible last night. i felt like i was so hungover and dizzy--it sucked. the last 2 times i've been pregnant i've had an office job, so this is the first time that i will be working and on my feet for 8-9hrs at a time. so it should prove to be interesting to say the least.

ok, well, sorry for being so whiney and complaning..
anways, gonna go and lay down for a while. i have the day off today, so i'll be around later.

ps lynn--congrats on the 50lbs lost! and to dixie amy for starting stabilization! i'm envious!

Joni135
10-11-2007, 09:35 AM
It was 51 degrees this morning in HOTlanta....love it!!

JLem - hope your day of rests is enjoyable. Even though you gave away all your books, now you've got info overload with the internet! I'll bet there is tons of great advice out there. The other day I was at a thrift store not too far from my house and they had a slew of maternity cloths from the high end stores. Lots of stuff still had the tags on it.

Amy - I head out to Reston, VA on Sunday for a full week. Where will you be in DC? Love your refrence to 'cheaters confessional" - I recently told Suzanne (head of 3FC site) that I was NOT a poster child for LAWL....I'm still looking for my mojo!!

Boy Nicole - that was a lot of info to absorb about your DH. I'll say a few things, but everybody's situation is different.
First, if EMIL was able to collect back child support, more power to her. It was legally owed to her and she was lucky to get it...even if it was years late. Your DH's situation sounds a lot like my DH. His dad left and remarried and basically, didn't acknowledge his first born son anymore. His dad is still around, but it's an odd relationship; pretty much non-existant. Tim shows little emotion when it comes to his dad and I've come to accept it and actually understand it. I think, however, that death in general just makes one stop and think. In Scott's case, he may be thinking about his own life and wondering if he'll suffer the same fate as his dad, which he won't, but he may be thinking about it. I'll bet you (Nicole) are thinking about this more than he is, cause that's what women do...we think....a lot. Finally, if Scott's dad died without a will, and if his dad was not married at the time of his death, Scott may want to just let someone know how to find him in case he is entitled to anything (life insurance, secret assets, who knows). My ex-husband died last year; we had been divorced for almost ten years; he had debt up to his eyeballs, but for some odd reason, his daughter found a small life insurance policy ($25,000) and I was the beneficiary. I certainly did not see that coming. It wasn't much and I actually cashed it out, gave his grieving girlfriend $12,000 to pay for the elaborate funeral she put on her AMEX card and split the rest with his kids. Sounds like EMIL could make some phone calls herself and find this information out...I'm not really sure. I would like to think she is suggesting this for Scott's benefit, but it's hard to tell. Personally, I obsess about money because I grew up without it and I'd probably suggest the same thing to Scott - it would probably only take a phone call or two to figure it out and then he can put it past him and move on.

Mama Nicole
10-11-2007, 09:45 AM

Jillian.......I can understand your feelings right now girlie. I have had some really irregular periods, and even thought I was pregnant last week, and let me tell you.......the overwhelming thoughts from just thinking I was pregnant for a few days were pretty heavy. As far as the hunger......are you eating regularily? Cuz you can probably still follow your plan.......and just add in a veggie or fruit when you feel hungry. You really do not need to increase your calories when pregnant. While nursing.......that is a different story......but the whole eating for two thing is a bunch of junk. Don't let your brain and hormones trick you........that inner fat girl comes in many shapes and forms.....even in the pregnant form. I am not advising you to deprive yourself.....I am just saying.....my doc always told me not to over-indulge. But, I can sooo understand.........every time I was pregnant, it was somehow a permisson slip to be a hog. It was so nice........like the only times in my adult life that I wasn't on a diet........and every time, I just KNEW i wouldn't gain 50+ pounds again......and I did. And that just did NOTHING for the post baby blues. Anyway.........I am thinking that if you bring your LAWL plan with you to your doc on your first appointment and let him/her know you have been feeling hungry, but that you don't want to gain a ton of weight, they will help you :) Let the doc's office be your COD, and you looking for anice 2-4 pound GAIN most months. Ok, hope that wasn't more advice than you bargained for. It really will be ok........just one day at a time. I am sure the worry about DH being gone during this time isn't helping at all either. Oh, and you are not allowed to call maternity clothes fat clothes. It is against the rules :)

I put some pics on webshots last night. I will try to put one or two on my post, but who knows if that will work out or not. I hope you all have a great day........and let's stay OP please :) No more cheating!!!!
XOXO
http://inlinethumb05.webshots.com/21892/2406208460099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2406208460099958805HZEFos)http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/23468/2706741980099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2706741980099958805cWxHiz)http://inlinethumb22.webshots.com/19285/2051563240099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2051563240099958805tveuRm)http://inlinethumb38.webshots.com/16997/2377709420099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2377709420099958805lXjasE)http://inlinethumb27.webshots.com/21530/2592526260099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2592526260099958805vCkQBQ)
http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/21780/2458646420099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2458646420099958805xIOKip)http://inlinethumb49.webshots.com/23472/2824238040099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2824238040099958805NMxtgL)http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/23139/2792609920099958805S200x200Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2792609920099958805Ylfgrj)

Mama Nicole
10-11-2007, 10:02 AM
Joni.......you know, on the child support thing.....I guess it just irks me cuz I was a single mom most of my mothering years. My ex drifted in and out of our lives, but NEVER supported us in any way. If anything, he only caused us distress and financial burdens......anyway.........I never received a child support check from him.....and I worked my a$$ off and went to school, and my kids didn't have a lot.....but they had security and what they needed. DH's mother, on the other hand, told her boys constantly what a burden they were to her financially, and DH has many stories about how they went without some things I consider basic necessities.......you know, like FOOD. DH never really complains, and that pisses me off too. He wasn't allowed to play any sports, cuz they couldn't afford it. I get angry cuz I had to lower my pride more that once in my life for the welfare of my children. If there was doing without, it was on my end, not theirs. He had grandparents in the same town, why wouldn't she ask them to help out for sports? Cuz she was too proud. EMIL used to go on vacations with her BF's all the time and leave those boys home as pre-teens. I don't know, and I wasn't there, so I really should not get all mad.......EMIL is just a very selfish person, and DH and his brother made many sacrifices growing up, so I think as a mom, if it were me......I'd be mailing those checks out. But, that is just me. If she was struggling financially, I would feel differently. I don't know. I think I am just worried about DH, and it is just so much easier to be mad at EMIL than anything else. She makes it oh so easy. Oh, and I cannot say all this to DH, cuz this issue is not about me and how I feel about EMIL........so I do not want to add to his ickiness. Wow.......let me tell you how I really feel........lol

Ok, I have been online for like an hour now, and havne't even put my contacts in yet. YDS is still sleeping........how weird. I hope he is not getting sick. I have conferences for 12 yo DD today at 2:00. Should be fun. So, all of you teachers.....tell me how you like ocnferences?

Ok, bye for now :)
XOXO

JLem311
10-11-2007, 10:08 AM
thanks nicole--you've made me feel a bit better. you post soothed me so-to-speak. i've been doing pretty good at still following the plan and just slipping in a few extra starches, a fruit or a bit of protein here and there...nothing huge or indulging. just eating when i'm hungry and in small amounts. i guess i'm just overly worried this time around because of the amount i gained with my other two. oh well, whatever happens, happens and in the end, i'll have another child to love and i know that LAWL works for me, so that's that.

anyways, i'm trying not to eat for 2 and just eat for me and be healthy, just like i have been doing for so long. i think of the baby each time i eat something healthy and it makes me proud that i'm doing it the right way this time.

and the good thing is i'm still doing workouts 3xs a week, where as with my previous two, i wasn't working out at all...and bad eating. no wonder i gained 60lbs each time!

anyways, enough about me!

i love the pic nicole--it looks so beautiful and looks like you and DH had a great time!

Joni135
10-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Nicole - love the pictures. Especially the dog bowl set up! You and Scott make a cute, cute couple. Hard to believe you have 5 kids. You look great and I think you can just start stabilization too! I assume the crown is on its way to my house (Queen Joni and all!). I cannot believe you went on that bridge - didn't you say you had a fear of heights? Thanks for sharing. How the heck do you post pictures so nicely on this site. Everytime I try, I just get a little blip that you cannot see. By clicking on one of the pictures in your post, it took me straight to webshots. Cool. I really have to go work. Too bad Felicia is in class and probably cannot give you advice on how to behave at your conference today...LOL...just kidding!! Oh, hope YDS gets up soon and is feeling okay.

Joni135
10-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Nicole - I just saw your new title - Post Master. LOL!

emmysmom
10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
Joni - where are your traveling next week? I'll be in VA Beach Mon - Wed for dreaded budget meetings...yuck!

bradleys mom
10-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Goodmorning gals and guy! Hope everyone is having a great Thursday so far. I am having a great day! The hot hot weather has finally went away I hope... I woke up to a cool 45º this morning! I love pulling out winter clothes! I wore a denim jacket from last winter and I could actually button it with extra room! That was my NSV for the day! I have had the "Lazytown" theme song stuck in my head ALL morning and was even singing it when I got up to potty in the middle of the night last night. (You moms with young kids know exactly what song Im talking about! lol)

Hope everyone has a good POP day, and in the words of Red Green, "Remember, We're all in this together, I'm pulling for you!"

:carrot:

aguerin
10-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Joni - Tina - I will be in Crystal City. Not sure where that fits into the map with where you guys are going to be. Is it close?

Nicole - Love the pics. You look like Jennifer Nettles from Sugar Land. Can you sing?

KrispieD
10-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Nicole you are one cute fraulein!!! das schmect!!

Hope you are all doing well. Summer is officially over in the north.. brrr!
Girls are both home sick today and the little one has a fever of 104.. ouch.. so we are going to bundle them out and take them to the movie store as they don't seem to want to move too far or too fast.. so as much as I hate the one eyed babysitter sometimes it calls for drastic measures!
Making an old LAWL shrimp stirfry tonight.. trying desperately to get back on track as I know those numbers have gone up.. dang sclae.. I am actually looking forward to us having NO social life.. it makes life so much easier when you can just be at home!

Enjoy your week everyone and stay warm and stay healthy!

bradleys mom
10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Kristen- I have never seen your before and after pics til today, talking about inspirations! Holy cow! You have had a major transformation! To see that I am now close to your heaviest and to see you now! WOW that inspires me so much! You have done great!

BarbaraB
10-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Right now I'm a little discouraged! I finally got brave and got on the scale, and after two weeks of being so POP I almost scared myself, I'm up a couple of pounds. WTF! How does that happen? I could almost deal with not losing, but staving and gaining. I was so hopeful since my clothes have been feeling a little looser lately. Oh well... so instead of rewarding myself for being good by eating with the rest of the office, I have an LA Slimdown in the freezer and am downing water like crazy, since the only thing I can blame the gain on is water retention, as I was a little low on water yesterday, but still think I got in 8 glasses, but about 4 of those were in the morning while I was in spinning class and sweating like crazy, so I should probably not even count those... So anyway, that LA Slimdown is not some miracle stuff to make you lose weight. I always think the trying something new it is going to miraculously make the scale go down... so after 6 weeks of cutting back down to weight loss portions, now I'm up 3 pounds... gee at this rate I'll have gained it all back in no time. What a reward for working out like crazy and not eating!

Oh well... Eventually my stupid body has to let the scale go down. I'm contemplating another TO... since it has been a couple of weeks since I did one now. Although the last one I did, I didn't lose anything.

KrispieD
10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Kimberly..thank you very much! It was a year ago I started and it still hasn't sunk in.. we've had a crazy few weeks so I know a few pounds have slipped back on so I look forward to getting back to my more strict schedule.. I really enjoy being OP and feel so much better all the time for it. It can be hard at the beginning when you have weeks that only net you a 1lb loss, a few ounces or worse you stay the same or gain.. but it does all add up eventuallyand you will have a great Before and After album in no time too!
Barbara.. I believe the term WTF was created by a woman who stepped on a scale. I remember being 100% on plan last year at Thanksgiving and over 4 days I gained 2 lbs!! Sometimes our body is just a mean unforgiving test of will be stay in there it will catch up to you. I HATED measuring every bite that went in my mouth, exercising etc only to find the needle moving the wrong way. Everyone here has been through it so stay positive and focussed and you will get a reward soon!

Joni135
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM
I'll be in Reston, VA. All I know is I fly into Dulles (DC airport) and the office is just 6 miles from there. I could get off my butt and go look at an atlas, but I'm going to go post a baked bean recipe on another thread. My priorities are all messed up!

Kristen - hope the girls do better. I don't understand the one eyed babysitter thing.

Barb - NEVER NEVER NEVER give up!

KrispieD
10-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Joni.. lol on the baked beans vs atlas.. the one eyed babysitter is otherwise known as the boob tube or TV

Happy travels.. don't be gone long please... we just got Nicole back and now you are hitting the airways??

BarbaraB
10-11-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks Joni and Kristen, I needed that. The laugh from Kristen and the encouragement from Joni. I can't give up, I got rid of all my fat clothes!
I'd hate to be fat and naked!

emmysmom
10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Joni - I know where Reston is...we stayed in a hotel there the night before we flew out to Orlando back in May. I'm more south than that. But I do have a layover in Dulles on Monday. I leave Harrisburg PA at 10:30am, layover in Dulles at 11:30, then get to Norfolk at 1:20pm. If you see me at the airport, wave :wave: ;)

emmysmom
10-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Hey! I just looked up Reston, VA and Crystal City, VA...you girls will only be 22 miles apart!!! I wish I could stay in DC for a while and we could all meet up!

KrispieD
10-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Barbara..that is going to be my new mantra!! I can't get fat again.. I have no clothes!!

Tina :wave:

healthy2b
10-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Nicole...great pictures...thanks for sharing. You look way too young to have 5 kiddos....You and your DH make a cute couple!

BarbaraB
10-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Kristen, We just can't go around fat and naked, it is a really bad look. You look so great in your pictures, you are always an inspiration to me. Somehow you look better now than when you first hit goal. Really I only pouted a very small amount when I had to go into the lunch room with the free Thai food to get my LA Slimdown out of the fridge... Smelled good though.

Tina, I think I would have to squint to see your skinny self in an air port. I hated to travel on business when my daughter was small though. My husband did all his cooking at McDonald's so my daughter was happy to see me go. More attention from Daddy I guess.

KrispieD
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Newsflash from Toronto Canada:

Blonde woman seen running naked in the streets stops traffic!

A member of LAWL or whatever they call it now was recently stopped by police as she ran through the town naked. When asked to explain her outrageous behaviour she informed police she had been a bad girl, had strayed from being POP and allowed herself to slink away from goal weight. In her hand was a dang sclae which she was seen repeatedly smashing and throwing under vehicles.
A fund has been set up to assist her with some temporary garments to cloth herself in while she gets her head back on straight and back on plan. If you wish to donate please assist by removing all liquid starch and liquid fruits from her home and immediate residential area. Babysitters are also required to stay home with her on social occasions so she can abstain from the 'wee' indulgences and stay on plan.
We will update this ongoing story in November when the gal will be back 100% POP and will be a shrinking violet...wearing clothes again. There has been a warning issued for her accomplice Barb who may be travelling naked from Oregon to join her on the naked crawl.

Stay tuned....

Joni135
10-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Kristen - post a picture. This I gotta see!! LOL.

Unfortunately, I don't even have a car rental on this business trip. It's all work and shuttle buses for me. I actually don't mind the travel. Someone cooking my every meal and making my comfy bed each morning. But, I will miss my pups and I know they will miss me!

Gotta run. Tennis and Grey's Anatomy on the agenda for tonight.

zambejaly5
10-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Lettie-how is your NS progress coming?

Great, thanks! I have been doing it for two weeks now, with a couple days off for the wedding in the middle. I lost 5 before the wedding... my first week. and then managed to find 2 at the wedding, mostly water gain. we were staying in cabins at a park and the water was horrible, and I ran out of bottled water, so I ran low there, plus, I had wedding cake.......hmmmm and birthday cake.... well actually I only had like one or two bites of the birthday cake because it wasn't very good, but I did share a Coke..... with eh...hum... stuff in it.. with my brother in law. I only have like maybe one drink every 12 to 18 months, seriously. and he was sitting next to me and he is such a flirt! he kept giving me his drink ....... anyway...... enough of that. I even have picture. someone was snapping pictures of us and there are several of us laughing and me pointing at the drink and then one of me sipping it....... anyway..... we got home sunday night, hit the water monday, tuesday, and wednesday and by this morning the 2 lbs was gone plus .2 so . back on track. my sister has lost 8 lbs in two weeks, she is doing it with me, and my friend that is doing it too, has lost 5 in two weeks. so we are all pretty happy. plus it is very strange not obsessing about what I am going to eat and does it have enough of this or that or not have this or that.......

well I am off to help my sweet little tiny girl...... she is almost 15 buy a dress for Homecoming dance! Wish me luck, it will be a miracle if we find something she likes, I approve of, and it doesn't cost too much!

Kim0303
10-11-2007, 08:31 PM
I am hearing you guys on the clothes. That is what I am doing this week. Getting rid of the size I grew out of. My DD is forcing this issue. I am a clothes nut so this is huge for me.

Mama Nicole
10-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Good evening ladies and Dan. Thank you for all of your kind words about my pictures :) You all flatter me to no end......keep up the good work!!!!

Joni......on webshots, when you click on a picture, just under it to the right there are several icons. One of them gives you the code to post it in a forum. This can be confusing, cuz there are some icons to the far right of the screen that say they are for posting pics in a forum, but they don't work on 3FC for me. Anyway, you have the option of what size you want the pics and everything. It is pretty cool. I am so proud of myself for figuring it out....lol. Sometimes I hate leaving the site to look at pictures, and for some reason, webshots runs really slow on my computer.

Kristen..........you crack me up. I really don't want to see you and Barbara on CNN later, ok!!!!

Where the heck is Liza?

Lettie......so happy to hear that NS is going well for you. How is DH liking his new job?

Ok, time for me to watch some serious amounts of TV now. I am such a junkie. I never used to watch TV, and rarely do in the summer.......but ever since moving here to St. Louis, I am loving network TV primetime.
See you all tomorrow.
XOXO
P.S. So far, I have made it POP......the first time since my vacation..........whooohoooooo.

amylou7777
10-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well I've been pretty darn near POP since Sunday..and am still up 1lb from my indescretions last weekend! I leave for southern california tonight for a family visit and really need to stay on plan so I can start inching toward my halloween goal!

Nicole- LOVE the pics! So beautiful. And I have to echo everyone elses comments. You look GREAT! And you and your hunny are TOO cute!

Lettie- so glad to hear you are doing so well! HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way! I read back and saw that the wedding overshadowed your special day, so I hope you had a great dinner out with yout dh and got to celebrate!

Joni, Tina, Amy-have a great time traveling! I LOVE DC, always gets me excited about history (which isn't hard since I was a history major) but I'm sure you guys will be hard at work and not out playin! Hope you enjoy it anyhow!

Felicia-goodness your halloween BOP party sounds great! What a cute idea. I can't believe it's still 90 there? It's just started to cool off here the past 2 days. I'm ready for some cold weather!

Kristen-you are hilarious!! I can just see it now....you know you will get back on track. And I could not agree with you more....my social life is ruining this diet! Staying home is the only way I stay on plan anymore! I've gotta change that and start being hardcore even when we are at parties. Otherwise this will just turn into a viscious cycle!

Barb-hang in there!!! You know you have the willpower to withstand this and you KNOW that working out and eating right was the best thing to do....the scale is just taking a bit to catch up with you!

Ok off to class!! May not be on here a whole lot while I'm at home...but I'll do my best to check in!

Joni-I hear ya on missing the furkids! I took Maverick to the doggy spa today as a treat bc I am leaving. He still has Daddy...but you know how it is!

Mama Nicole
10-12-2007, 09:42 AM

Well, I stayed OP all day yesterday.......but my sclae is still punishing me from my Germany trip. I am considering a TO today and tomorrow.......but I am not sure yet. I guess I will see what I have to eat and decide from there. Today is friday, right? If so......happy friday everyone :) Have a great day :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
10-12-2007, 09:45 AM
:bday2you::bday2you:Happy Birthday dear Lettie:bday2you::balloons::gift::celebrate::bday2: :woo::hb:XOXO

healthy2b
10-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Good morning!

Kristen- you are so funny! What a mental picture you inspire!

Joni, Tina and Amy - have a great trip and be safe. Don't work too hard and try to take some time to enjoy some sites.

Lettie- glad to hear the NS is working so well!

Barb - you can do it!

Amylou-Hang in there - that pound and a couple more will be gone before you know it.

Kin03-I have trouble getting rid of old clothes also-I now have two closets full and I need to go through them and throw most of them out. My problem is I keep telling myself I may need them someday...I hope not...they are all too big right now.

Well, thank goodness it's Friday. I have my family reunion this weekend starting tonight with a big fish fry, then tomorrow lots of games like volleyball, horseshoes, washers etc., and then BBQ for lunch and kareoke (sp?) that is always hilarious....this all takes place in the country at my Mom and Dad's place down by the creek...it's really pretty down there this time of year with the leaves all changing and the best thing is it is about 4 miles from my house so we don't have to travel. Hopefully, since I finally got to move my ticker this morning, It will motivate me to be good and stay on plan.

dawn78
10-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Nicole, I just wanted to say the Germany pictures where beautiful. I kind of had to laugh at a few of them because they resemble the town I live in. It’s a small German community called New Ulm and we have a beer wagon just like the one in your pictures and a lot of our buildings have the same architectural details. BTW, you and your DH look great together!

Dan2112
10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Morning gang..

I'm bleary eyed and draggy this morning, following a marathon session in the kitchen last night, preparing two big pots of green chile stew for Liz's office BBQ today...

Turned out I lacked a couple of ingredients so I had to hit the store around 9 last night.. By the time it was all cooked and the kitchen cleared up, it was around 1 am... Plus I had a couple of glasses of liquid fruit (small glasses, I promise!), so that made getting out of bed this morning rather challenging..

I forgot to pack my SB bars today, so I'm dreading the mid morning and mid afternoon munchies...

I also have my annual performance review at 9 this morning, so wish me luck...

Be one with your POP!

emmysmom
10-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Barb - you're too sweet! I have mixed feelings about these yearly budget meetings. I have to leave my beautiful little baby for 3 days...but it's in VA Beach...she can talk to me on the phone now, which makes me cry when I hear her voice...but the hotel is the Hilton on the beach and our rooms are on the "club" level...budget meetings SUCK...but there's room service...see what I mean? Oh, and before you all jump me about the room service, let me explain. They have this breakfast that is a huge fresh fruit platter with yogurt and then an english muffin on the side. The fruit is perfectly ripe and the whole thing is just delish! It still amazes me that I crave fruits and even salads...so not me (at least not me in former life ;))

Homecoming, Lettie...how exciting! Have a good time shopping! And HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Kristen - :rofl: You KILL me!!!

Hi Nicole :wave:...love the pictures and you look so pretty. I'll bet your trip was just fabulous!

I posted this on another thread, but I'll post here too...I am super excited to say that I am joining Lynn on the 50 pound club...AND I can kiss the 140's GOODBYE!!! 50.6 pounds gone to be exact!!! :carrot:

Lynx
10-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Good day all,
Tina - may I be among the first to congratulate you on making it to the 50 lbs lost club. You have been leading the way and I have been trying to follow you down the scale. I knew you were close to kissing the 140's goodbye. Yea fucothin!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am packing and getting ready to leave on vacation for a week. From now chilly Wisconsin to hopefully warmer Myrtle Beach. I will be flying over or through Joni's air space on my way to SC via Atlanta.

Be good everyone and I want to see results, real results when I get back. I want to read about successes not cheats......
Take care,

week 40
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 50 lbs.

BarbaraB
10-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Tina, Wow, 140's and over 50 pounds down all at once. That's fantastic!
When I was in Junior High (a very long time ago now) we lived in Virginia not too far from Norfolk, so I remember Virginia Beach fondly. It was a fun place to visit.

Kristen, I laughed so hard I cried. I haven't started my crawl yet.. but if that scale does not start being nicer to me... I swear I might! Well at least do some violence to the scale.

Carrie, Yippie! The scale finally moved for you! That is great! I know you were getting frustrated, but I really think you needed some time at home to really focus to get it moving again.

I didn't get on that scale again this morning... I'm thinking I will do a TO on Sunday and Monday and go and WI on tuesday. I had forgotten to refill my thyroid prescription last week and the prescription ran out on Saturday, and they needed to call the doctor to get a refill, so I thinking going 2 days with no pills probably caused the scale to go up. Gee a pound a day... interesting but annoying to know.

KrispieD
10-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Glad to make some of you smile.. it's my mission in life to counter balance the sclae with laughter.. it's too cold to be naked here so I shall be good as I can be till life settles down, my LAWL chaperones arrive and bail has been raised!!

Kim0303
10-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Emmysmom - Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How exciting to hit the 50 pound mark. You know you look fabulous darling!!!!

Dan, Hang in there. You know those reviews are just a formality or least where I am they are. Paperwork. I don't have tenure and have to be reviewed for 2 more years because I changed school systems. Oh well. Let's know how it goes. Of course my raise don't depend on my review and I know some do so good luck. I am sure you will do awesome!

Nicole, love the Germany pictures. You and hubby look great together!!! Thanks for sharing.

Carrie, sounds like my kind of reunion!!! Get rid of those clothes girl. Sell them on ebay! Buy some new ones. That is how I am looking at it.

Hang in there Amy. I get to do one of your tricks this weekend. My city is having a major Fall Festival and you can't take food in. Starts at noon and ends late. So I am going to have to pack a cooler in the car and hope I can park close to the gates. I am so excited. There are bands all day but tonight we get to hear REO Speedwagon, tomorrow is Bucky Covington, Trent Tomlinson, and Big and Rich!!!!, Sunday is Little Texas, Kellie Pickler, and Sara Evans. And last weekend the low was in teh 60s and the high in the 80s, now it is cool! I think the low is in the 40s which is ok but we aren't use to eat especially being outside in it all day. So blankets for me. Worried about the food you know how that is. Going to stay out of that area. Send my hubby and tell him what I want.

Kim0303
10-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Nicole, What happened to the germany pictures???

bradleys mom
10-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Congrats Tina! You have done great! Not too far from goal now! :)

Katy66
10-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Hey everyone! Just a quick check in. I'm just so swamped at work I can't seem to make it on here very much. I've got to get on the ball at home and stay caught up on things:)

Did an official WI today and I'm down 1lb so that is better than nothing. I was just having some big losses for a while and would like to see that again. I know my plateau is partly self imposed. Sounds like a lot of us are having that problem. Well here is to a better POP week:)

myboysnme2
10-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Congratulations Tina!! I never thought I'd see the 130's again, doesn't it feel awesome!

KimS

Dan2112
10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey gang..

Well, the review went well, so I guess I've fooled them for yet another year.. :lol:

No raise of course, as this is a government job, but it's nice to get some encouragement for the job I'm doing..

Liz found out today that she was also having her review this morning.. Haven't heard back from her yet on how it went, so keep thy fingers crossed...

Way to go Tina!! Congrats!!

dawn78
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Congrats Tina! It seems like it was just last week when you came back and said you were starting LAWL again. I must say, I’m a bit envious of you because I know how good it feels to be so close to goal, but you deserve it! I know I’ll get there again eventually. I just need to be patient.

healthy2b
10-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Whoo Hoo Tina!!!! Way to go! 130's!!!!! Your doing a great job!

Dan and Liz....I guess it's that time of year...I had my evaluation yesterday too. It was great except with this year's raise I'll be maxed out as far as salary goes for my position so I either have to get a promotion and transfer or just resign myself to no more raises until the scale changes. I don't much think I'll go for the promotion because I can't move being that DH makes more money and he's not going to want to move...anyway it would mean moving to another state and can't imagine leaving my kids.

Mama Nicole
10-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Hi everyone :) I just got back from Grant’s Farm and the grocery store. I forget sometimes how quick the day goes when you run around.

Dixie Amy………yeah, I sing…..but not like that :)

Barbara……keep you chin up, girlie. You know how this goes……..every now and then………no sclae rewards…….but you yourself said your clothes have been fitting more loosly……and that really is what it is all about.

Joni……..I share your priorities way too often :) Did you leave for your trip today? I hope you have time to check in with us.

Tina………..WTG on joining the 50 pound club!!!! I am sooo excited for you!!!! And, enjoy your room servie. It sounds delightful!!!!

Amylou……isn’t it so discouraging when you mess up. It seems like it takes forever to get back where you were. You have been sooo strong though…….I mean, look at you……..41 lbs since June. This is only a minor bump in the road. :)

Carrie……have fun at your family reunion. It sounds like a blast to me!!! Oh, I had to laugh about playing washers……..I had never heard of that game until I moved to Missouri. Cracks me up. Do you also play cornhole?

Dawn……..first of all, I want to say…….LOVE the new avatar. You are adorable………why have you been hiding for so long???? Second of all……I had heard there was a town or city named New Ulm. I bet it is lovely there……..cuz Germany sure was lovely.

Dan……..hope your day is looking up :)J

Lynn…….I will have some good results over the weekend. You all probably won’t know about them, as I am still fighting to get back to ticker weight……but it will be good. I am feeling strong again. Funny what a couple of days OP can do for ya :) Enjoy your vacation!!!

Kim……..not too sure what happened to my Germany pictures. I know Suzanne sent me a PM a while back asking me to remove one of my tickers, explaining that if signatures are too big, dial up members have a lot of trouble. A moderator must have deleted them. I should have thought about that before I posted them all. Anway…….you can still see them on webshots. The link is in my signature……I think…lol.

Hi Kimberly, Kim, and Katy!!!

Katie......you still out there girl?

Ok, time to clean up this house a bit. DH is flying in tonight sometime…….and I’m sure he will be looking forward to coming home to a nice clean house and a hot meal (I really am not laughing right now………I try…….ok, I am laughing……..but I really do try!!!!)
Have a great weekend everyone, if I don’t check in over it :) And stay OP……..it feels soooo good!!!!
XOXO

Joni135
10-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Nicole - I don't leave until Sunday, which is a good thing since I am not ready in the least. I have so many things to do in the next 36 hours. Clean house, birthday party tonight, hair coloring tomorrow, and I still never found the perfect "first day of school" outfit, so I was hoping to squeeze in a couple hours of shopping.....oh well. It'll all be good.

I'm still waiting for Kristen to post her naked running girl picture....

I bought the Mr. Potatoe Head "Princess" pumpkin decorating kit for my girlfriend's six year old daughter. I cannot wait to help her assemble it tonight.

slim n trim
10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone..... TGIF.

Tina.... 50 #'s. Whooo Hooo..... and you have left the 140's behind you. You are doing amazingly well. You will be at your goal in no time.
Congratulations.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

JLem311
10-12-2007, 05:45 PM
just wanted to post really quickly something exciting that i did today!

i cut 14 inches of hair off! yay! i have had my hair long and super curly for so long...i've been talking about cutting it off for a few months now and finally went and did it after work. :) they blew it dry and used a flat iron on it for me...so it's super sleek! i love it! first time in my whole life i've had a hair style..and that i didn't cry when it was cut! yay!

i changed my avatar to show and there's a pic in my profile of my long curly hair. what a change and it's great!

slim n trim
10-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Jill, I love your hair cut.... boy you are just full of excitement this week aren't you. Looks Great!

Dan2112
10-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Jillian.. WOW.. the short hair looks great! Also make you look completely different!

BarbaraB
10-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Jillian, I like it, and it really flatters your face.

Joni, I'm glad that you didn't ask for any naked crawling pictures from me.

Nicole, I'm going to start TO on Sunday. Great that you are back to plan already. I dawdled too long after I got back from vacation. I'm still trying to get back on track and it has been too long.

Karen, you've gotten so thin that two little children can hide you.

TGIF everyone...

zambejaly5
10-12-2007, 07:27 PM
hey all, just checking in quick before the weekend.

WOW Jillian!!!!!! you do look like a different person! but that shorter cut is going to be nice while pregnant. are you going to try to keep it straightened? if not be sure to put a pic of the short curly look too.

thanks Nicole on the Happy Bdays...... Loved your Germany pics!! You looked great!

Congrats Tina! super exciting!!

have a great weekend!

bayoubelle68
10-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Jillian - LOVE it!! It is an awesome cut for you!

Nicole - I loved seeing your Germany photos. The one of you and DH at the wine cellar - where you have on the jeans...how skinny do you look in that pic??!! Wow!!

We have yet ANOTHER crazy busy weekend. My parents are coming tomorrow around noon and DH and I are taking finish line photos at a race that our kids are running in that starts at 3:00. Thank goodness my parents are coming and can watch the kids while we're shooting. There are several different races. DS's will be next to last and DD's will be last. She's 3 and will run the half-mile. DS is 6 and will run a mile. I've never understood why they make the littlest kids run last, but DH finally explained to me that it's because it gives the officials time to tabulate the winners for the other races. Awards aren't given for the little ones, so I guess that makes sense - unless, of course, you're one of the parents trying to wrangle a squirming, sticky, "When's my race?" toddler for two hours!!

MastiffGirl
10-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Hi all:

Congrats on all your weight loss!!! :) I weighed in yesterday and lost 3 1/2 lbs. :) Before I weighed in, I didn't think that I lost even a pound but I was pleasantly surprised (my scale at home is old!!).

~~ Kelly~~

slim n trim
10-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Thanks Barb, but really its just that I am trying to hide behind them because they are much more interesting to look at than me.
Actually that picture is about a year old... before I started this weight loss program, but I had put on some weight from that time, till I started. But I am back to that weight now, actually a little less I think.

I posted a larger picture on my profile if you want a better look at it.

I will try to get a decent current picture and post it for you guys.

Joni135
10-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Quiet around here. Guess everyone is out enjoying the beautiful fall weather. DH and I are about to head out to the Jaycee's Haunted House. I have never ever done a haunted house, so he's starting me off easy. I head to the airport tomorrow at 10 AM. Guess I'll be packing in the morning.

Jillian - WOW - talk about a changed look. I love the new "do" - what did DH say? I know most guys like long hair, but mine hasn't been really long since high school. Hope you're feeling good....did you have any morning sickness with your first two kiddos??

Felicia - how did the children do in their races? Last time I saw a group of little ones running in a "fun run" half of them were crying and screaming and I really never could figure out why. Something tells me your two were out in front leading the pack!

Kelly - great job on the weight loss.

Lettie - happy belated birthday. I'm so glad you take the time to check in with your LAWL peeps.

Okay - gotta run. I'm going to try and get 3 or 4 workouts in while I'm on my business trip. And I hope to make good restaurant choices, but I have to admit that since I rarely eat out at good restaurants, there may be a splurge or two.

healthy2b
10-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Jillian-I love the cut.....looks really good on you.

Joni - how was the haunted house? I haven't been to one since high school and third DD wants DH and I to come see her next weekend and go to one. She says it's suppose to be rated in the top 10 in Texas. I don't know if this old gal can handle it any more....I guess we'll find out. Wishing you safe travels......

The family reunion went well....okay, kind of well....I did break down and eat a piece of cake...but the good thing was half way through it I had to throw it away because it was too sweet...that has NEVER happened...I usually love any kind of cake, pie or dessert. Could it be that my body is getting so use to not eating the bad stuff that I don't even like it any more....this would be to good to be true, I'm sure this was just a momentary lapse.

BarbaraB
10-13-2007, 08:55 PM
Kelly, Great loss! You are going great.

Carrie, Good for you for only eating half the cake. I went and was horrible at A&W today. Root beer float and a burger, after 2 and a half weeks of perfection. OH well... I just get so hungry after spin cycling class sometimes and then I couldn't get warm... Oh well, I was planning on a TO starting tomorrow anyway. I only had hoped to not do one because I had been off plan for once. I felt rather poisoned right after though. I haven't eaten like that for over a year. We were going to go and be mildly bad, getting a frozen yogurt, which there used to be a TBCY place there and you can get the non fat and I figured it would not be that bad of a splurge, but the yogurt shop is now a super cuts... but next door was the A&W... and well... one thing led to another and next thing you know I"m eating a big burger and having a float.

Oh well... 3 weekends POP is hard to do.

Barbara

Mama Nicole
10-13-2007, 09:05 PM
You are absolutely right Barbara..........3 POP weekends is really hard to do!!! Tomorrow will be a better day!!!

Felicia.....I could just kiss you for your sweet comment about me looking "skinny," outside of the wine cellar. Thank you so much!!!!

Joni......any luck finding your first day of school outfit? I am so curious to see how you liked the haunted house? They are just not my thing......

JILLIAN.........you look soooo sassy......and adorable in that new haircut!!!! I LOVE it! I wish I were that brave. Really, though........you chose well..........you look smashing!

Ok, there are so many other things I wanted to say to so many.....but I need to go lie on the couch now. It is time :)

So far, so good OP this weekend. I am really hoping to stay serious here and win the chicks to the finish challenge :)
XOXO

Kim0303
10-14-2007, 09:17 AM
Carrie, I fully understand about moving. I could be making $20,000 to $30,000 more if I moved and kept the same job! I struggle with it every now and then when my college buddies call and tell me what they are making. I would have to move at least an hour and a half away and besides my daughter not wanting to move and being in college here, my DH and I have older parents. His dad is 86 and my parents are in their 70s which isn't bad but my dad is a stage 4 cancer survivor and he is sick a lot now. They also depend on my to drive them around when they have to go to Knoxville or want to go over there to shop or eat. The interstate has just gotten so big and crazy going through town now. Oh well. I just get over the money and say the cost of living would be higher, even though I know it is the same. Then I say, family is worth more than that. Maybe someday.

Jullian, Love the new do! Last night I saw several people at our Fall Festival that didn't recognize me with short hair until I got right in there face or they saw my DH. I forget the hair is short and can't figure out why they aren't speaking to me. Funny after it is over and I figure it out.

Not looking forward to WI tomorrow. Had a football party yesterday and the fall festival. Tried to be good but we shall see. Not POP by no means!

bayoubelle68
10-14-2007, 09:19 AM
Joni - both kids did well. Neither of them was in the front of the pack, but they both finished with smiles on their faces. DS shaved about 3 minutes from his time from last year!! DD ran in the 1/2 mile run/walk and she did just that - ran a little, walked a little - but she had so much fun! At last count, around 1200 kids ran yesterday. Between our five photographers, we took over 3,000 shots!

DH scared the pooh out of me. He had rented this big lift so that he could go WAY up in the air to take a group shot of all the kids before the races began. I couldn't watch! I was so nervous! The wind was really blowing and there he was - cool as a cucumber - 30 feet up, snapping shots!

DD was fussy yesterday - VERY unusual for her - and she slept until 8:00 this morning - also very unusual. I hope she's not coming down with something!

lizababe
10-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Hiya All,

I'm sorry I've been MIA for the past week. That flu turned into something worse and I was down for the count for a while. I'm just now starting to feel like *maybe* I can take the dog for a walk tonight.

I've gotta get some personals out

Jillian - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you! And your hair looks darling!

Nicole - Welcome back! We missed you! Your Germany pics are beautiful just like you!

Barbara - congrats on the two weekends POP. As for this one... well A&W food is VERY salty (Many moons ago, I was a rollerskating waitress at the A&W car hop) so a few lemon waters later I'm sure it'll be like it never happened.

Joni - good luck on your trip! You know the routine if splurges do happen.

Hi Amy(s) and Angie!

Alannah did you move in yet?

Felicia - It's always good to see you and hear about your life, children and students. I hope everyone is well.

Where has Pearl been?

Hi Dan And Liz too!

And Kim(s)

Ok, now I've done some personals and I'll try to catch up a little more later. I need to clean a house that has gone to the wayside during almost 2 weeks of being sick. Also, an old friend of mine from high school is pregnant and announced she's having a boy. We were never that close, but for some reason I really felt inclined to make something for her. I used to knit and quilt like crazy when my daughter was little but gave all of that up after her Dad and I divorced. Now I'm getting back into it. Anyway, I've been working on this project all week inbetween reports at work and here and there at home. Nicole, I thought you'd like this

http://www.magknits.com/Sept06/pics/apple_main.jpg

I can't wait to see it finished! Oh, and it's for a baby, not the weird looking doll.

Take care everyone and be as POP as you can be!

Dan2112
10-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Welcome back Liza.. Glad you're on the mend.. It sucks being so sick that the whole house falls apart and you don't feel like even turning the computer on.. How did your diet fair during your down time?

Liz and I have some making up to do this week for transgressions we committed yesterday at the Balloon Fiesta... Not exactly the place to eat when you're on a diet, but we made the best of it.. Meatless burritos.. Considering we ate at 5:30 am, by the time we were done there and on the way home, it was 10:30 and all of us were famished, so we decided to just bite the bullet and have some real breakfast.. Needless to say, we didn't exactly make good choices, but the rest of the day, we were spot on.. Today has been POP as well, and I even fought off the desperate urge to visit the Carl's Jr. next door to the Walmart after I got done buying groceries... The smell of frying burgers was intoxicating, but I was able to drive away...

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

lizababe
10-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Dan - That's funny I was going to say something about that in my post and then forgot. My big problem was eating enough. Some days I was starving, as soon as I ate my tummy was growling again but most days I had no appetite because everything tasted (as my daughter would say) like ***. Not that I've tasted that nor has she, but it sounds like a good comparison. I made a lot of soup in the crockpot and pretty much lived on that. During the days when everything tasted horrible I made it very spicy. The only semi-bad thing done was frozen yogurt. I didn't eat a lot of it but it just felt so good on my throat on a few occasions that I gave into a cup here and there. I counted it as dairy and that was that. I didn't lose any weight, but maintained what I'd already lost so that's good.

Good job for staying mostly POP during the festival AND avoiding the frying burger temptation! I got these coupons at work from Carls Jr to try their new "flat buns" burgers for free. I should've given them away immediately but they still sit in the bottom of my purse. I don't know why. I get sick when I eat there...

Any Chargers or Raiders fans here? I got invited to go to a huge party for the game today. The host kept leaving voicemails for me about all of the food he's cooking up. Honestly, it just doesn't sound good to me today so I politely excused myself from going this morning. Liquid starch really sounds bad and for food.. well I bought some marinated pollo asada and I'm going to make tacos at home for the kiddo and I.

I really should be cleaning right now....

Joni135
10-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Carrie - the haunted house we opted for was really lame. We're going to do one of the better ones when I get home. There is so much truth in the saying "you get what you pay for." This one was so bad I had to laugh and as I told DH, at least the money the Jaycees collected is going to a good cause. Otherwise, I would have asked for my money back.

Post Master Nicole - HOWDYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Kim (TN) - you are doing the right thing for your family. Money isn't everything! Hope your WI isn't too bad tomorrow. Sometimes the scale can surprise you!.

Felicia - glad to hear the kidlets did so well in the run. Hopefully DD is just tired from such a big day......hope DH got some great aerial shots!

Liza - hope each day finds you feeling better and stronger. I hate being sick. OMG - your baby knitting project is fantastic. I love it. I have a ton of quilting supplies and have yet to finish one project. I think quilting is really cool, but it sure takes a lot of time to finish something. The hard part for me is that I have to put everything away when I work on a project. If I had a quilting room, maybe I'd be better. Maybe not. Knitting also seems really hard to me. Does MiniMe like to knit? If not, you should try to get her involved in it. I think it's a cool, relaxing hobby. I love watching the quilting and knitting shows on HGTV. They make it seem so simple!

I made it to Reston and it's not all that exciting. I have work to do and then it's Desperate Housewives and early to bed. Hope to get a work out in the morning before work.

Dan - as always, I'm proud of the choices you make and how you inspire us all to stay on track. Thanks.

equinetcan
10-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Maybe I should have waited till tomorrow to post as this is the end of this week's but here I am so here goes...

I am not moved in yet but I close on the house this thursday. I am officially off on vacation from work for 2 weeks although I can go in and work some overtime in the evenings if I so wish as we still have unlimited time available. I might do some but not much. I have had a total of 3 days off in the last 50 so I am really looking forward to the break even if I am spending most of it packing, moving and then unpacking again. I am getting excited now as it is down to basically 3 days. Tomorrow I go get my house insurance lined up and also get some dog supplies so chance is good to go when I move too. The only thing I'll have to get for her after I move is her food. She will be with me the weekend after I move in.

Eating right has been an ordeal lately with all the working and such but I have been trying my best and although nowhere near perfect I have maintained where I am so I am happy with that. This week there won't be a lot of cooking as everything is getting packed but I'll get some salads and such that I can have on the go.

Not much else from me right now. I literally haven't done much but work and come home.

Liza - I am gald to hear you are starting to feel better

Jillian - love the hair - really it is great on you!! I am trying again to grow mine out. I do this all the time. Grow it out and then get it chopped off. Last time I was like you and had about 10" cut off. I'd like to get it down about another 2" or so. Mine grows very fast so that's only about 2.5-3 months at most for me.

Nicole - glad you enjoyed your trip and the pictures were really nice.

Well, I have a bed soon calling me. Have a good end/start of the week everybody....

bayoubelle68
10-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Liza - we've missed you!! I'm so glad you're on the mend! The days are never the same without your posts. I LOVE the baby snuggler (well, that's what I always called those things!)! I crochet, but knitting has always fascinated me. Wish we lived closer. I would come by for lessons! I had such a tough time learning to crochet from my aunt because I'm a leftie!

KrispieD
10-15-2007, 09:36 AM
Jillian.. WOWWEEEEEEEEEE