100 lb. Club - What is your secret goal?

View Full Version : What is your secret goal?

Supersub
10-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Do you have a secret goal in your weight loss? Do you want to achieve something that you haven't told anyone? Besides just fitting into smaller clothes what are you secretly wanting to do?

For me, my secret goal is to be able to wear my wedding ring again. I know, it doesn't sound like a big deal but it is to me. I've been married for 20 years now. My youngest child is 10 years old now. Since the time I was pregnant with her I haven't been able to wear my ring. After her birth I never seemed to be able to fit into it again. So for the last 10 years I've worn various other bigger rings on that finger. I never could bring myself to get my ring resized so I could wear it. It felt like I would be giving in to being fat if I did. I knew that I should resize myself instead and that someday I would be able to wear that ring again. So now hear I go. I'm on my way to wearing my ring again. I know that wearing a smaller size in my clothes is going to feel pretty good but, the day I can comfortably put my ring back on is going to be the best day ever!

Trazey34
10-06-2007, 02:40 PM
welll.... i KNOW i should be no more than 160-5 pounds...but i've seen pics of me at 225 and I secretly JUST want that :D

Marseille
10-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Here's my secret.

I want to wear THIS DRESS by 12-31-08.
http://www.daddyos.com/retro/img/coc3.jpg

CherryBlossom
10-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Thank goodness for the anonymity of the internet! Warning, TMI ahead.

I always told myself I would never lose my virginity until I was under 200lbs.

I'm currently 18 and in love with my boyfriend of two years. We are "intimate" but have never gone all the way. He loves me and supports my decision, and I'm so glad he's understanding. I think our relationship has grown more because most people our age just focus in on the physical but we've grown to known eachother as complete individuals.

Of course I'm kinda hoping that we get married 3 years from now, so hopefully I'll lose the weight by then. I know I can. If not I'll be a virgin bride, and that night I'll give up the goal! lol

Oh, and this goal has nothing to do with me thinking I'm "unsexy." I see myself as beautiful and a lot of big women as flat out erotically beautiful. It's just a personal goal, and very good motivation!!! :o

Kati
10-06-2007, 04:23 PM
My secret goal, this is silly but...here goes...

I wanna stand next to Lucy lawless, nude, and know that I look better. :D

The gramma
10-06-2007, 04:43 PM
To walk through the house naked, in the daylight, with my husband home, and feel good about it ;)

Dawn2Dusk
10-06-2007, 05:05 PM
To fit into my skinny bf's T-shirt. *Embarrased Smile*

Pita09
10-06-2007, 05:31 PM
To walk through the house naked, in the daylight, with my husband home, and feel good about it ;)

This is my goal as well. :)

Daimere
10-06-2007, 05:33 PM
I want to be 150 and look great. Everyone says that I would look anerexic at that size but it'd be a normal BMI and all that. My goal of 170 is still in overweight range.

Miss Lili
10-06-2007, 06:55 PM
To wear a sophisticated business suit and look good in it!

Bikini Ready
10-06-2007, 07:30 PM
To have my body fat be in the fitness level 21-24%...only 4% to go!

KforKitty
10-06-2007, 07:37 PM
I want to be able to wear my wedding dress again, and surprise (shock?) my husband. Would like to do this on our anniversary in July next year. It would be 16 years since I last wore it.

Kitty

Robin41
10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
My husband's got some really close old friends who live on the other side of the country. I've always avoided meeting them because I always figured they would wonder why my husband married such a fat chick. We're always going to figure out a way to get together but I always manage to keep it from happening. It doesn't help that they knew his ex-wife and she was pretty much model quality. I'd like to meet them, and have it be easier for my husband to see them, without feeling like they are going to talk about me in the car on the way home.

Supersub
10-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Thanks for all the responses. It's nice to know that other people have secrets. It's funny how many involve being naked! ;) Lucy Lawless huh? Funny mine would have been Mel Gibson! :D

Keep your secrets coming. These are really great!

The gramma
10-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Supersub, thank you for starting this thread. It is very liberating!

Go Pita!:hug:

Rhighlan86
10-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I agree with the naked thing :) Also, go to any grad school interviews this next spring and feel confident and strong in my business suit. Wanna be able to knock their socks off and me being completely confident is how to do it

rakel
10-06-2007, 10:04 PM
If I told you, it wouldn't be much of a secert now would it? MUAHAH.

Actually, I don't think I really have one. I just want to be healthy and sexy[ier]!

LeedaRenee
10-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Very good thread! Here's mine: I want my husband to be able to carry me without exertion. Maybe over the threshhold to our next house.

Schmoodle
10-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Robin41, you know what they would probably be talking about in the car on the way home is how much happier your husband is with you than with his ex! But I would be worrying about exactly the same thing as you.

Goddess Jessica
10-06-2007, 10:50 PM
Marseille - LOVE that dress! Sooooo cute.

Supersub
10-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Very good thread! Here's mine: I want my husband to be able to carry me without exertion. Maybe over the threshhold to our next house.

I love that one too. My hubby has always been kind of scrawny. I can't remember if he could ever pick me up. I read the trashy romance novels and the hero always scoops up the woman and takes her to bed. That is one fantasy I'd like to see come true. (and if he's dressed like a sexy pirate all the better! ;))

Cassie501107
10-07-2007, 08:29 AM
I just don't want to feel revolting anymore.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Supersub, I wanted to wear my wedding ring again, too. It had been 1 1/2 years since I had worn mine. About 2 weeks ago, I decided to try to put it on again.....and it fit! Hang in there. Your day is coming, too!

My secret goal....to go away with Hubby to one of those couple's resorts with the private pool....and swim naked in the sunlight with Hubby.:D

tolose85
10-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I want to be the woman that makes people say "I hope I look as good as her when I'm in my 30's" hee heee...

KateRN
10-07-2007, 03:13 PM
i want to meet a guy that i met on match.com about 6 months ago.
he has seen face shots, no full body shots...
he wanted to meet me before i left san diego for a contract, it "didnt work out" and now im moving back to san diego in 7 weeks.
i want to meet him and not be utterly terrified about my body and how he will react.

valpal23
10-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I think my secret goal is to be thin enough that I can pull off the long-ish sexy wavy hair. I think it'll feel so good.

Lyn2007
10-07-2007, 03:41 PM
I have one... there was this guy, this guy I was utterly and totally in love with in my late teens. We wanted to get married, but his mother ruined it. I am married now and so is he, but I would like to see him again just to see him and talk, 20 years later. But he doesn't know I am fat. I would never, EVER let him see me fat. So my secret is I want to just meet him or see him, once when I get thin, and have him wish we were together.

Lyn
TWENTY ONE POUNDS GONE!
My Blog:
www.escapefromobesity.blogspot.com

OptimistK
10-07-2007, 03:55 PM
I want to be the person in the gym the newbies lookup too/are in awe of!

LisaMarie71
10-07-2007, 04:15 PM
One secret goal I have now is to run a marathon -- it probably won't surprise people on 3FC, but it would in my real life. I always tell them it's enough to have done the half and there's no way I'd do 26 miles, but secretly I plan to!

Another goal is one that has been mentioned -- for my husband to be able to pick me up and carry me around effortlessly. And to weigh less than he does!! I'm close to that finally -- I weigh 165 and he's around 162 because he's lost weight lately (not on purpose). He's strong, so he could pick me up now, but I wouldn't want him to fall over and die. :lol:

Some of my cross country runners have been trying to get me to jump on their backs and ride around (don't ask, they're a rowdy bunch sometimes...) I keep saying there's no way they could hold me up, but I suppose they could. I just keep thinking I still weigh 275, I guess. I'm not used to being a smaller person yet.

jtammy
10-07-2007, 04:32 PM
My secret goal is to wear the same size as my 13 year old daughter. OK, a little unrealistic and it may take a few more years (as I get smaller and she grows up) but there it is.

Marseille, what cute dresses at that website! I would love to be in this dress, size medium, someday and not look all lumpy!

http://www.daddyos.com/retro/bern1.html

Lifeguard
10-07-2007, 10:59 PM
I would like to be in good enough shape & proud enough of my body to have sexy but tasteful nude photos done & frame some of them for our bedroom wall.

MamaSam
10-07-2007, 11:22 PM
I want to walk into any store at the mall and buy something off of the rack and have it fit. I want feminine pretty clothes with heels!!! I haven't worn heels in years.

I love those dresses! I bookmarked the page. I want that blue polka dot dress! Very modest, yet so nice!

Samantha :sssh:

MarinePrincess
10-08-2007, 05:00 AM
Marseille - That dress is hot! I'm sooo adding that website to my "To Wear" List. Very much the Suicide Girls look. :)

Gretchen - I DO I hope I look as good as you when I'm in my 30's. You are gorgeous hun!

As for me, I super secret goal is (sorry feminists!) to be light enough that husband can toss me over his shoulder and carry me off into the sunset...or elsewhere... ;)

RoyalAthena
10-08-2007, 05:18 AM
My desire is to be confident enough to accept male attention/admiration (get over my shyness/borderline stupidity).

carol2208
10-08-2007, 06:34 AM
This is a great thread, loved reading about your secret goals !:)

For me it would be fitting into my sisters pants... I think they have gorgeous bodies, and fitting into their paints would be a way of confirming that I do too.. :) Silly, I know...

Jen415
10-08-2007, 10:22 AM
I always told myself I would never lose my virginity until I was under 200lbs.

Based on this, your name has a whole new meaning for me! LOL ;)

My secret goal: to walk into Victoria's Secret and know I can wear more than just the lotions sold in there! :)

NESunshine
10-08-2007, 10:47 AM
wow this is great!!
I have a few secret goals... I want to own and wear often a slinky red dress. Next summer I not only want to go to the beach, I want to swim in the water, I want to do it in not only a bathing suit but in a 2 piece...and I'm not talking a tank top and mini skirt type of 2 piece!
I want to be able to wear a pair of slim stiletto heels with that red dress...not wedges for the extra support.
I want to know that I look good and feel good...clothed, naked, in a suit, in a bathing suit :)

Piiper33
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
My secret goal is too fit into the wedding dress http://www.bridalonlinestore.com/store/h004.asp I want and to feel sexy in it. Also, to feel sexy in my Honeymoon lingerie :)

sharonrr1
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Do you have a secret goal in your weight loss? Do you want to achieve something that you haven't told anyone? Besides just fitting into smaller clothes what are you secretly wanting to do?

For me, my secret goal is to be able to wear my wedding ring again. I know, it doesn't sound like a big deal but it is to me. I've been married for 20 years now. My youngest child is 10 years old now. Since the time I was pregnant with her I haven't been able to wear my ring. After her birth I never seemed to be able to fit into it again. So for the last 10 years I've worn various other bigger rings on that finger. I never could bring myself to get my ring resized so I could wear it. It felt like I would be giving in to being fat if I did. I knew that I should resize myself instead and that someday I would be able to wear that ring again. So now hear I go. I'm on my way to wearing my ring again. I know that wearing a smaller size in my clothes is going to feel pretty good but, the day I can comfortably put my ring back on is going to be the best day ever!
It is funny, until recently I could not fit into my ring either. I finally tried it on about 10 days ago and it is too big. I will have to get it resized. I have tape on it right now.

althepirate
10-08-2007, 11:32 AM
Hmm...super uber secret goals it is!

I want to weigh less than my skinny hubby and have him be able to pick me up without falling over and dying.

I want to wear a bikini for the first time in my life and know that I'm dead sexy ;)

I want to lose not just enough weight to join the Air Force, but gain enough muscle to make it through Basic without dying.

I want to look at myself in the mirror and not cringe when I realize my once face-wide gorgeous smile is now this itty bitty thing with cheek fat smooshing it in.

I want to wear short skirts and high heels and pretty tops.

I want Hubby to drool lol.

I want to have more confidence in myself.

wisher
10-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Well my "secret goal" is a little personal, like many people's here, that I definitely don't talk about to my friends or family. I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 4 years and I know that I'll be "on the market" in a little while (I want to give it some more time as a single gal for now) and I want to feel comfortable nude when I'm with someone new for the first time. I don't want to feel self conscious or gross and I'm getting there slowly but surely, although I'm not completely there yet.

MugCanDoIt
10-09-2007, 11:35 AM
I want to be the hot chick again. If I can get down to at least 200, I will consider myself hot again.

Rosaleezbaby
10-09-2007, 12:23 PM
My secret goal is to "know" that I'm attractive to men again. I used to be really confident in this area, but since I've been overweight, it's always hard to believe that a man is ever really attracted to me. Also, I want to send a picture of myself (at goal ;)) to the last man that broke my heart. He said he couldn't be with me because he wasn't "physically attracted" to me.

rakel
10-09-2007, 12:32 PM
He said he couldn't be with me because he wasn't "physically attracted" to me.

I've heard that one before! I would love to be able to post new pics of me looking all hot and stuff on myspace and facebook so all the guys I knew from school that pretty much ignored me or fed me that line would see how hot I really was ;) And now that I'm getting married and will be married before that happens, I will be unobtainable, muahah! :D

beautifulone
10-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I want the freedom that comes with being at a healthy size and weight.

I know it won't make my life perfect, but it will definitely make some things so much better!!

Lovely
10-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Oh this is such a fun thread!!! A lot of you have mentioned things that I want myself ^^

Warning - the following will make me look very shallow... because it's true in this case >.<

I think my own personal super secret goal... is to look better than my best friend from high school.

We've been friends for years. I've always been large. She always got the attention. Boys would talk to me only in order to get to her, or to get me to give her something from them. We'd talk about her relationships, her loves, her life.
And don't get me wrong, I love the gal I really do. She's been a good friend. But, what I really want, is to get the attention myself. To be the one with something to say about a guy. To be the one who asks her to go shopping with me (instead of vice versa). To mostly not feel like I'm being impossibly compared to her physically. ... or at least win the secret competition!

midwife
10-09-2007, 05:13 PM
Such lovely dresses ya'll have chosen, and what fun goals!!

I want to wear cute, broken-in jeans and have them be loose.

Hospital scrubs have varied color ties that indicate their size (yup--people can glance at you and tell what size you are wearing). I want to wear the scrubs with the white ties....that's the size all the slim, athletic women wear.

I'm actually considering maybe perhaps a marathon myself. I'm gonna do another half first, but I have definitely been inspired by women on this site and in my non-internet life.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-09-2007, 05:16 PM
Hospital scrubs have varied color ties that indicate their size (yup--people can glance at you and tell what size you are wearing).

Oh no! That is just so very wrong!

Cuter w Curves
10-09-2007, 05:42 PM
I am getting married next May/June *depending on when we book our trip to Vegas*.

I bought my dress already *as I buy for my bust line over anything else* and I would really like to HAVE to pay to have it altered at the waist. It is just simple, sexy and layers upon layers of sheer fabric. I know I will still have to wear shaping garments underneath to hide this cute tat on the back of my right hip... But I want to HAVE to have it altered instead of just looking smokin hot as is.

I know I have a pretty face, and a great bust line... But I would really just like to be a nice, happy size 14-16 on the bottom half again. I miss when the top was the 18-22 and bottom 12-16 instead of being a more uniform 20-26 depending on the make.

Am I superficial on this? Absolutely! Do I mind? Not a chance!

Shelley

wrdfrog
10-09-2007, 08:26 PM
You all have so many goals that I do as well.

I want to be able to join a dojo again with confidence and the stamina enough to do well. I want to earn my black belt in jujitsu and the branch out to other martial arts. I want to be able to feel strong and confident.

ThisTimeIsDifferent
10-10-2007, 09:59 AM
My secret goal is (I'm embarassed but here goes :o) to be able to wear cute little underwear, and a t-shirt to bed without having to feel bad about my boyfriend seeing my fat hanging out. It would feel really great to do that!

BXGirl
10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Warning - the following will make me look very shallow... because it's true in this case >.<

Pheeeww, I'm relieved because mine is along the same lines :lol:

When we go to visit DH's family next year for the holidays I want to look like a major knockout from head to toe flaunting a hot new body with great clothes!

I want to look completely different from the last time they've seen me. My SILs have always been :snooty: snooty towards me and this would just start them up with one more reason to be jealous of me. (Me 1 - SILs 0) :p

Petty I know, but dayum it would feel O so good!

I have many many many other secert goals but this one comes to mind right now at this very early hour! (LOL)

midwife
10-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Oh no! That is just so very wrong!

I know it!! What Einstein thought of that? :)

Sandi
10-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Ok...at weddings, my husband and I play this game. Who is the hottest women in the room. It's fun because it always interests me to see who he picks (sometimes we choose different woman). I like to see what appeals to him.

My secret goal...is to be that woman. The hottest woman in the room.

sidhe
10-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Okay, no one EVER tell!! :o

I have a friend who is an instructor at a health club in another state. We've never met, partially because duh, he's in another state, and partially because I'm not fit/thin yet. What I want to do is go show up in his class, in a sports bra and bike shorts, looking HOT, and just kinda grin at him until he realizes it's me (he's seen old photos, but none with my regain and none since I've started losing again). :o

Supersub
10-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Besides wearing my wedding ring again I thought of another secret goal last night.

I want to be able to go the amusement park with my kids and know that I will fit in EVERY ride. We used to have season passes and go every summer. Well, a couple years ago I almost didn't fit in the roller coaster. I had to have one of the attendants buckle me in. I couldn't see and reach far enough to buckle myself. I had to suck in a bit for her to buckle me. It was so depressing. After that summer I knew I was even bigger so we didn't even go to the park. I didn't want to have to tell the kids that I couldn't ride the rides with them. How embarrasing is it to tell your kids "sorry I can't ride but Mommy just won't fit in the seat!" :(

I'm busting my butt now and let me tell you! Next summer we are going to be on some roller coasters!! My kids will be so happy.