LA Weight Loss - Halloween/Thanksgiving Challenge

View Full Version : Halloween/Thanksgiving Challenge

bradleys mom
10-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I know we still have until Tuesday to start this challenge, but I wanted to give everyone a chance to see this and be able to prepare and possibly start all together Tuesday! But no matter when you joine everyone is welcome!

The schedule for this challenge will be to set a final goal for Thanksgiving (which is about 7 1/2 weeks away), but have a half way check point for Halloween (which is about 3 1/2 weeks away). So my goal will be, 8 lbs by Halloween, and a total of 16 lbs by Thanksgiving!
:haphal: :turkey:

Good Luck! We can do this!! :D

Kim0303
10-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Kimberly, That sounds great! My goal for October 31 will be 6 pounds and Thanksgiving will be a total of 13 pounds. My lost has slowed down to 1.9 pounds week. Yuk!!! Oh well. 13 pounds by Thanksgiving would make me happy. put me right at 175 make. Yeah. My WI yesterday was 188 exactly. I am doing a WI on Monday so I will go with that as my start weight.

jean2299
10-07-2007, 12:12 AM
I would really like to hit the 170's by Halloween and the 160's by Thanksgiving. I am not sure if that is realistic, but I am going to try. So 9 lbs. by Halloween and 19 lbs. by Thanksgiving. (I am already thinking a LOT about pumpkin pie. Yikes.)

Tuesday Cool
10-07-2007, 12:41 AM
I am new to the challenge concept, but, I would like to lose 12# by Thanksgiving and 5# by Halloween. Without giving up my glass of wine! What is the use of being thin if I am miserable?
I am a little lost on weight goals because I am really trying for a size and not a weight. I would like to be a 14 by Thanksgiving and a 12 by Christmas. Not sure what weight that would be. But I think each size is around 10#. Tues

adventuregirl
10-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Okay, so with the holidays coming up, i think i need to be dedicated to these goals. A good start before the holidays will inspire me to keep going!!!
My goal weight loss for hallween is going to be 8lbs

:haphal:

And then try for 15lbs by thanksgiving!

:dust:

:thanks2:

shshshhh
10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
I had to bail on the Columbus Day challenge due to a medical leave (only lost 5 out of the 10 I had set as a goal) so I am going for the gold for this challenge. I am shooting for 7 by Halloween and 15 by Thanksgiving. I have set a 'mini' goal for myself by Christmas of losing 50 pounds and I have lost 31 so far. Pushing myself for this new challenge (thanks Kimberly) will keep me focused.

marzbe
10-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm out for the weight loss goal. But I'm all about hopping in with an exercise goal. I'll crunch minutes later on tonight.

AvidKayaker
10-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Hi, I am up for the challenge:carrot:
My goal is to lose 6 pounds by October 31 :bat: and 13 pounds by November 22 :happ3:.
We CAN do this! :cheer:

brittyboo07
10-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Well I am going to set my goal high of course I always do but I have a method to my madness this time. Since I have been sick the past 3 weeks I have not been doing a lot of being OP. My mom and brother were actully cooking and there was no exercise other than what I was doing at school AKA walking. So this week i am getting back POP and so I figure that I will drop a good bit of water weight to start with. Sooooo here are my goals...

Halloween 10 lbs
Thanksgiving 20 lbs

gotta go time to make a POP breakfast!

Good luck to everyone on their next challenge!!! :carrot:

bradleys mom
10-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Alright Britt!!! You can do it! We are here for ya! I cant wait to kick this off tomorrow! I am excited to push for POP this week because I totally blew this weekend! (it was TOM, I went berserk!) I may do TO tomorrow and Wednesday!

enogo07
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
I am usually a lurker... I have gotten some great advise from this board. I have lost 10 pds so far but have started to go OP too often lately so I will jump in !!!

My goal is 14 pounds by Thanksgiving....
7 pounds by Halloween...

whatazoo
10-08-2007, 11:50 AM
I am going to sign up for 5 pounds by Halloween and 12 pounds for Thanksgiving. We can do this!! I'm not getting any candy for trick or treaters this year - so I won't have to eat it all! (I don't normally get but about 3-5 at my house anyway...)

brittyboo07
10-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Enogo glad you are joining in on the challenge!

Catway8
10-08-2007, 11:59 AM
I am going to try this again. I didnt make my goal on the last one but I will do my best for this one. I am going to say 15 pounds and 7 by Halloween. I am doing TO tomorrow and Wednesday. So hopefully that will help. Have a great day everyone. :)

LizzyW
10-08-2007, 12:03 PM
OK heres to another challenge.

I am in for 4 lbs by Halloween and 8 lbs by Thanksgiving. I have been having a hard time losing my weight, but I am really going to try to do it.

My mini goals will be a lb a week. If I don't make it, then it rolls to the next week.

Liz

monster66
10-08-2007, 01:45 PM
I have been a lurker here too but I am jumping in on this one. Already wrote it down on my calender too. 7 lbs by Halloween and 13 by Thanksgiving. It is a hard time of year for me but I also signed up for a 10 week cardio challenge at my Y too so hopefully all of it together will get me there.

emmysmom
10-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Yay! I'm skipping a Halloween goal and just making a Thanksgiving goal...which is to hit my goal weight! :carrot:

Coyjc01
10-08-2007, 03:27 PM
HI! Im new but I so badly want to join a challenge! Im with you enogo7, 7 lbs by halloween and 14 by thanksgiving.
I also joined LAWL in sept. but I started mid month. Anyways this site is awesome and Ive learned so much from you all so far, thanks every1!

amylou7777
10-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Ok girls!! I haven't been to w/i to see if I have made my C-bus day goal...but I'm pretty sure I gained this weekend, so I'm motivated to start this new goal. Right now I'm aiming at 8lbs by Halloween. At that point I'm hoping to lose another 7 by thanksgiving! We can do it!!

Katy66
10-08-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm in for 6 lbs by Halloween and 12 by Thanksgiving. I've got to get motivated again. What is our weigh in day?

Tuesday Cool
10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, I had a great weekend, POP all the way! Down 2#s and feeling good. I had been allowing too many cheats and it was showing in my lack of progress. The weight came on so slowly, I had no idea how hard it would be to lose. But, I think I will be making my first goal, a size 14 by my 40th birthday (October 24). One new pair of pants to celebrate! Then off to lose more, a size 12 by Christmas! T

AvidKayaker
10-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Kimberly and Cathy -- I am with you doing TO Tuesday and Wednesday! :hug:

Lisa

bradleys mom
10-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Alright!!! I am so excited! TO is looking good right now!

Katy, I am guessing were just going to go about our regular weigh ins until Halloween, for our midway goal. So you can just update us whenever you WI. Then we will all post on Halloween if we met that goal, and reset our thanksgiving goal if we need to.

Dumplin
10-08-2007, 10:39 PM
hey! don't leave me out.I will start this challenge Tuesday Oct.9.I just found out about 3FC yesterday was looking for something to get me started! I need all the help I can get!!! My goal for Halloween will be 10LBS. and for Thanksgiving will be 10LBS. Dumplin

bradleys mom
10-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome Dumplin! This forum has helped me a lot! So your total goal is 20 lbs by Thanksgiving, right?

monster66
10-09-2007, 07:57 AM
I have a question that some of you might be able to answer. I am on the purple plan and have about 30 lbs til my final goal and I do about 5 hours of cardio a week sometimes more. Does that sound right to be on that plan? Thanks!

bradleys mom
10-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Donnie the plans are based on your height and weight, not how much you want to lose. The exercise will definitely help with the weight loss. Maybe there is someone on here on the purple plan that can help you. Or if you go to a center have them show you the chart they go by to determine what plan your on.

monster66
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM
THanks...for some reason I was thinking otherwise. Dont know where that came from. I walked 1 1/2 hours around the outside track at my Y and boy are my feet tired! It is still hot here in NC but hoping to cool off later this week. I love walking outside when the air is crisp and fall like!

emmysmom
10-09-2007, 02:17 PM
I think the plans are based on how much you want to lose. I remember waayyy back, somebody posted a chart on how the center determines which plan you should be on and it was based on how much you have to lose.

Lynx
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I am the one that posted the chart and let me try to explain my understanding. I will use an example because I think it will be easier to see the process. Client A goes into the COD and says she want to lose 50 lbs. She is 5'2" and weighs 200 lbs. She buys the program to lose 50 lbs so that program would take her to 150. According to the BMI nationally recognized weight/height charts, the high end of a normal weight for her is 138.
But she is 62 pounds from the high end of the chart for her height so she is put on a program for someone who need to lose more than 50 lbs.
The bottom line here is that we tell the COD what weight we would like to get to and that is what they use to determine the length of the program we purchase, but the COD uses established weight charts to determine which program they put us on. If Client A, in my example, continues her weightloss and buys more weeks so she gets to a weight of 138, the top end of a healthy weight for her height, then she would be put on green or Plan 1.

Donnie, are you doing the program without lites? That would explain why you are on purple. Since I am as tall as you are, I know that I would be on gold with a weight of 152. Usually, if they bump you up a level because of excessive consistent exercise, they move you to blue.

week 40
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 50 lbs.
Motto - My new motto is - I know how this _______ tastes. I have had it before. I will have it again someday, just not today……..

KSingleton
10-09-2007, 03:33 PM
I want in on the challenge!

My weight loss has stalled and I know that it is because I have been too busy to eat right the past week. I haven't "cheated" with bad food. I just don't eat at all or just 1 meal a day. I am still at 188. I would like to be at 170 by Thanksgiving! So that would be a total of 18lbs.

I am going to lose 9lbs by Halloween & 18lbs by Thanksgiving!! I know I can, I know I can, I know I can....

amylou7777
10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Krista-welcome to the challenge.

I think most would agree that skipping meals/not eating is actually WORSE than little cheats here and there. You have to keep your metabolism working or else your body will get off track! So make sure you have food with you if you have been busy. I am in school all day and bring a cooler in my car with all or most of my food. The key is to plan ahead!

So get to eating and your 9lbs will be gone by the 31st!

staffingchick
10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Hello fellow chickies! This is what I have been looking for...a CHALLENGE! I am very excited about this. I tried to get one of these started on another thread, but it didn't work. It's great that alot of you have the same goals as I do. It will be nice to have the support. How often do most of you weigh in? I am bad....I weigh myself every morning-LOL! I just have to know what I'm up against for that particular day. My name is Angela, and I'm looking forward to doing this with all of you. Thanks, and chat soon.
.....I almost forgot about my goals-LOL! My halloween goal will be 6 pounds, and my Thanksgiving goal will be 13 pounds. Good Luck!!

marzbe
10-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Donnie, if you're working out 5 hours a week you should be up on Red for activity level. Trust, me I tried to convince ceter plenty of times that Red was too much food but they squashed it with my activity level. That extra half protein makes a massive difference.

Okay, my goal is 37 POP days. That accounts for me drinking happily on my b-day. Now I'll just be ready to go back to the cooler for crunch time at work. If I keep it up, maybe I'll be a size 4 by x-mas. :kickbutt:

bradleys mom
10-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Okay let me reword my last post Donnie, My center does the numbered plans, and I am sure they base it on your height and weight and whether or not you do the lites. I do not get to go down to plan 3 until I am 190. i was explained that Plan 4 is for people who are around height 5'6'' and between 190 and 244 lbs. And Lynn's explanation makes total sense, but the way the plans were explained to me was the charts do correlate to the BMI and how many calories a person needs at that level, so with more weight lost, comes the change in plans.

Sorry if I misinformed you! :)

Catway8
10-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Well first day of TO went well. I am a little hungry right now but water will cure that. And its bed time soon so I can get up early and go WI. Hope your doing well. Have a good night.

Dumplin
10-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Bradleys Mom, Yes my goal is 20LBS by Thanksgiving. I would like to lose 82LBS I haven't really set a goal for this amount .IT'S ONE DAY AT A TIME! I am just trying to cut my calories down at this time,drink more water,and also walk more. Thanks for replying back with me . Dumplin

AvidKayaker
10-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Hello Cathy, Kimberly and everyone - My TO went well today and I am actually NOT dreading day two (tomorrow afternoon may be another story!).

Cathy - I am pleased to know your TO went well.

Cathy & Kimberly - I thought more than once 'I have an LAWL sister doing TO with me today'...and I appreciate the support!

monster66
10-10-2007, 07:09 AM
Actually, I have probably added a half protein on my own most days. That puts me at three proteins a day. I am not feeling deprived at all and have been losing pretty well over the last 2 weeks. If it slows down any I will ask about the red plan. I actually did ask yesterday at WI but they said as long as I wasnt hungry then I was probably fine. Thanks for the info.

KSingleton
10-10-2007, 10:41 AM
I guess I can't add! I am not at 188, I am at 178. Yippee... So, if I lose 18lbs I'll be at 160, and that is only 10lbs from my goal!!! I know that is a pretty high goal, but I am going to try to do my best.

I went to WI last night, and I stayed the same. another, Yippee!!! I was afraid I'd gain after the weekend.

I hope everyone is doing great today 'cause I'm feeling mighty fine!

Catway8
10-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Hi everyone.

I went for weigh in today and I was down 1.6 so I am happy. I hope to see another pound by Friday. I try to go for 2 pounds a week and anything more than that is a bonus. I hope your having a great day. I am glad that TO is almost done. I am missing some of my food. It is hard making supper for my kids and not being able to have the same thing. I usually make the same for supper for everyone but when I do TO it's harder to make them eat what I do.

Lisa Thanks for your message that was nice of you. Just remember your never alone in this. There is alot of people here who are wonderful and full of information. :)

Cathy.

bradleys mom
10-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Well after my WI today, I was only up .2! I about crapped! But that gives me a better start than I thought!! Here we go....

twofortea
10-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm in for a new challenge! I'm going to go for 5 pounds down by Halloween and 10 pounds down by Thanksgiving. I'm a slow loser, so hopefully this will account for that.

I'm retaining water from an injured foot, so hopefully once that heals I'll be down a bunch! :-)

Take care everyone!

-Hillary
COD, Plan #3

Kim0303
10-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Angela, Welcome and everyone else that has jumped in. Angela, I believe most of us weigh daily. My included. Just a thing. For monitoring this challenge, just pick your own day - some pick Monday some pick Friday. Whatever, just report your loss for the week.

beachbabe8406
10-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Can I still join the challenge? I already had a Halloween goal, but it would be nice to talk with others that are striving for a goal that ends at the same point! I want to lose 10 pounds... it's a little high I know, but that just means I have to work harder!

aguerin
10-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Welcome Michelle and Good Luck

Its funny cause most of us are shooting for your starting weight. LOL

bradleys mom
10-11-2007, 11:23 AM
Welcome Shelly! Everyone is welcome to join whenever they want!

We are all here together for support! (I'm gonna need it!) :) And Krista, I LOVE your positiveness! I know I can!! Thats awesome! I am going to remeber to tell myself that throughout everyday, Heck I may even write it at the top of the pages on my food diary!

beachbabe8406
10-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the welcomes! I know a lot of people are shooting for my starting weight, but I'm really short with a small frame! My avatar is from my wedding in June when I was ten pounds lighter. And let me tell you... ten pounds on my frame is a quite a bit! So much that I cannot fit into any of my clothes... LAWL to the rescue! Now I just need to lose a pound... I better take the "I can do it!" advice too! I'm doing my first TO today, and so far it's not too bad. I find the juice quite tasty. I'm doing the Knudsons and not the LAWL juice. Back to work... or reading more threads!

Kim0303
10-11-2007, 08:41 PM
WElcome Michelle.

I am going to WI tomorrow so I will check back in. I have been walking at least a mile a day this week, so I hope it paid off! I know, a mile isn't much but it is a start.

Katy66
10-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey gang! Had an official cod WI today and I'm down 1lb...boy I would like to see it coming off quicker. I've had lots of interuptions the past few weeks. Had a good meeting with the counselor though so I'm going to try my best to get back into the swing of things:)

Catway8
10-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Hi everyone.

I went for weigh in this morning and I am down 2.4 for the week. I am happy with that. I know it didnt come on in a day so it cant come off faster than that. Have a great weekend.

bradleys mom
10-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Hi gals! I am weighing in tomorrow morning! I will update everyone as soon as I get back! I was down a pound this morning, with my work clothes on, so hopefully with my WI clothes on that will be closer to 3 lbs!

AvidKayaker
10-12-2007, 09:55 PM
Hi Everyone -- At WI this morning I was down 2.8 lbs since Sunday. Did TO Mon and Tues and since Wed have done Slim Downs.

Tuesday Cool
10-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Progress! I had a WI today and was down 1.6# I am so glad as yesterday I was feeling very hungry and desperate. Unfortunately, my stomach was feeling grouchy and I was feeling crappy so I had Taco Bell for dinner. I should feel guilty but it was good!
I moved from a plan without bars to bars last week and now I am losing but my stomach is yuck! I have lost almost 4# this week. doesn't that seem like too much? Could I need to eat more and slow down. I had not lost anything the two weeks prior (I was very unPOP) and all of a sudden i am down 4# in 7 days. My stomach ache could be due to real hunger. Plus, I do not think the sugar in the bars is really great for me. I do not understand how eating that much sugar can be good.

MastiffGirl
10-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Very cool thread! I think I am making my Thanksgiving challenge! :)

bradleys mom
10-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Well I was only down .6 . But thats better than being up. I cant get motivatd ever since TOM. Even after doing TO. My counselor said she wasnt going to fuss at me and I told her, NO Please do!!!

I am in week 13 and only at 18 lbs lost... Boohoo... But to be positive...

I WILL HIT THE 20 LB MARK THIS WEEK!!!!

aguerin
10-13-2007, 03:42 PM
I started this challenge after a binge weekend and was up to 145. I am now back down to 142 so I am happy. I have started stabalization and am still losing so that is even better. Surely I can make my goal of 140 in 3 more weeks.

shshshhh
10-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Well - this challenge is really keeping me on track. At WI this morning I lost 2 pounds this past week. I am happy. Leaving for vacation this Wednesday and will be gone for 8 days, nervous about that cause I will be staying at my DD's house and there will be tons of people there and I am not sure about the food, but will do my best.

When you do slim downs, do you have to do TO first? I was going to try to do the High Protein slim fast shakes the week when I get back. You substitute a shake for a protein and a starch for one a day, 5 days in a row, right?

Roberta

AvidKayaker
10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Hi Roberta, Slim downs do count as a protein and a starch -- but I am not sure about needing to do them for five consecutive days. We have many wise LAWLers in the forum and surely one of them knows the answer regarding whether they are to be done for 5 days!

shshshhh
10-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi Roberta, Slim downs do count as a protein and a starch -- but I am not sure about needing to do them for five consecutive days. We have many wise LAWLers in the forum and surely one of them knows the answer regarding whether they are to be done for 5 days!

Got it - thanks so much. Since I won't be able to do the 'slim downs' (slim fast) until I get back, I will subscribe to this thread so I will have the responses in my email inbox since I won't have access to email while I am gone. (YIKES - 8 days away from my 3FC family. :(

Roberta

Tuesday Cool
10-13-2007, 09:39 PM
I figured out the cause of my stomach aches. at the same time i switched to the new plan i also added a calcium supplement to my regime. the calcium was giving me a horrid pain in the stomach. i stopped the supplement and the ache went away! does anyone have any advice on supplements that do not cause belly aches?
Four pounds into my challenge! but i am going away with the DH and am not planning on staying on plan. lets hope i just do not gain.

shshshhh
10-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Tuesday Cool

There are different kinds of calcium supplements: I searched for information for you and found the following advice on a government web site. Not sure if the link will be deleted because of the rules on this forum, but I saved it as a bookmark and will be happy to email it to you in a private message if it is deleted. Here's a summary of the part about the problems you may have had:

The two main forms of calcium found in supplements are carbonate and citrate. Calcium carbonate is the most common because it is inexpensive and convenient. The absorption of calcium citrate is similar to calcium carbonate. For instance, a calcium carbonate supplement contains 40% calcium while a calcium citrate supplement only contains 21% calcium. However, you have to take more pills of calcium citrate to get the same amount of calcium as you would get from a calcium carbonate pill since citrate is a larger molecule than carbonate. One advantage of calcium citrate over calcium carbonate is better absorption in those individuals who have decreased stomach acid. Calcium citrate malate is a form of calcium used in the fortification of certain juices and is also well absorbed

Some common complaints of calcium supplement use are gas, bloating and constipation. If you have such symptoms, you may want to spread the calcium dose out throughout the day, change supplement brands, take the supplement with meals and/or check with your pharmacist or health care provider

Here's the link: http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/calcium.asp

Hope this helps
Roberta

twofortea
10-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Finally into the 170s; down to 179.5. :carrot:

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Here's to a great week ahead. Dreading the rain that's supposed to be here all week. Please send the sunshine to Oregon; I'm not ready for winter!

-Hillary

shshshhh
10-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Finally into the 170s; down to 179.5. :carrot:

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend. Here's to a great week ahead. Dreading the rain that's supposed to be here all week. Please send the sunshine to Oregon; I'm not ready for winter!

-Hillary

Hillary

Got your wish today. It was gorgeous outside. I actually wore a short sleeve shirt, but tomorrow is another story. Where in Oregon are you? I am in Hillsboro and go to the COD on 185th adn 26.

Roberta

jean2299
10-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I lost 3.6 pounds this week!!! Yay!!! For the last several weigh ins, I had lost 0.8 lbs. or 0.6 lbs. Hard to get excited about tenths of a pound. It was a hard earned loss. I was very tempted this week - I baked some special bread for my son (he is on a special gluten free/casein free diet for his autism) and it smelled soooo good.

KSingleton
10-15-2007, 02:05 PM
No change for me on my scales at home, but I'm scheduled to go to the COD today. I hope for a change. What do you all wear to WI? I usually go in the evenings after work, and sometimes I know my clothes are playing a big part in my WI.

monster66
10-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Well I was down about 3 pounds for the week but put back on one at Saturday's weigh in. Realized I was PMSing but handled it okay...not too much chocolate! Worked out an extra hour on Saturday to make up for it. Looking forward to being down 2 more by this Saturday.

bradleys mom
10-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Well my scale is down a bit.... We'll see tomorrow morning. I did my frst workout in two weeks this morning, wow, it was hard! I am going to try to go walking but I hurt my foot somehow, I think it may be the flip flop problem... The ball of my foot starts hurting then it radiates up through my toes, Ouchie!

amylou7777
10-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi friends! I'm still battling a gain that I had last week from some weekend indulgences so I haven't moved my ticker!

Kimberly-I'm with ya on the workout thing. I really need to get back to it so my losses can be more consistent!

Congrats to all of you who are doing so great!

Coyjc01
10-16-2007, 01:39 PM
At WI today I didnt go down, but I am thrilled I didnt go up! This weekend I went on a beach trip and ate a few things I shouldnt have, but my justification was that it was my birthday party, but as a B day gift to myself next WI I will be down a pound. YEAH!

chiquita623
10-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Hi Everyone. I'm back from vacation and ready to start this challenge. My goal for Halloween is to be in 160's and my Thanksgiving goal is to be in the low to mid 160's. Congrats to everyone on their losses and keep up the good work. Remember to tell yourself every morning - I can do this for myself and repeat as necessary.

shshshhh
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi all

I am so psyched. I lost another 1.8 since Saturday. I only weigh in once a week, but am leaving for 10 days tomorrow for a trip back east. They put me on a 2 week leave, but I will actually be back before the full two weeks are up.

Kimberly, that foot sounds painful. You know the drill, right? Ice for teh first 24 hours and then heat. Hope it heals quickly.

Have a great 10 days, not sure if I will be able to check in online while I am gone.

Roberta

bradleys mom
10-17-2007, 04:24 PM
:) Hi gals! WI this morning and was down 1.6! WOOHOO, I am only about 5.4 lbs from my halloween goal and I know if I stay focused an most importantly POP, I can get there!!! Also they measured me and I have lost 23 inches since I started at the end of July! WOW! I was so surprised!

Tuesday Cool
10-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Roberta, thanks for the information on calcium. I was so relieved to find my stomach pains were from the pills as opposed to the diet. I was in agony! I just returned from a four day vacation with the DH (of 19 years yesterday!). and while we hiked and kayaked daily i did not bother to watch my diet. I found myself feeling full much easier then I would have in the past! We will see how WI goes in the morning.
I am so glad to have found this forum to kvetch and exchange ideas. My counselors seem to be on their own planet and talk was too fast! Tues

Kim0303
10-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Amy, I hear ya on the indulgence. We had a fall festival and I didn't stay POP. So I was up at WI on Monday.

enogo07
10-18-2007, 10:29 AM
This is my first time checking in for the challenge and after a week long beach vacation ( and more than enough Corona's) I am up 3 pounds. :mad:

Back OP today and I think I can make my 7 pounds by Halloween.

KSingleton
10-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Yippee! My BNWI this morning was 175!!! I am down 3 lbs. I guess my persistance to stay POP has helped!!! I am so excited! I don't know if I'll make it to my Halloween goal, but I've still got almost 2 weeks. I'm doing my best to stay POP!

aguerin
10-18-2007, 07:14 PM
O.K. Here is my check in for this challenge. I am on travel through this week and will be for next week also. BUT, I have managed to eat OP but not POP and I have also managed to NOT have my usual one dessert reward cause its travel. I will be able to WI at home on Saturday and I must say I am expecting it to be down to 140, (maybe below). That kinda concerns me cause my clothes are big on me now and I JUST bought them. Sorry to ramble.

whatazoo
10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Checking in myself. Ate Pizza Hut pizza (and breadsticks) at a Board Meeting on Tues and finally dropped back down to where I was Monday. I am lower tho, on my home scale, so hopefully that will be the trend - lower, lower! :-)

bradleys mom
10-19-2007, 11:04 AM
My scale is showing another 1-2 lbs loss. I may reach my halloween goal early!!! :):):):):):):) I am weighing in at COD tomorrow morning. I will give an official update then!!!

KSingleton
10-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Kimberly - Way to Go!

Katy66
10-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey - Official check in after my COD WI.........I'm down 2lbs. Very excited since the scale hasn't moved that much at once in some time. Perhaps my plateau is broken.:)

bradleys mom
10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Awesome work gals! Is it just me or does this challenge seem to be going a little smoother that the last??

Katy66
10-19-2007, 03:09 PM
I agree Kimberly R...it does. Maybe since summer and the vacations are over and we have a little time before the holidays start:) I know I was more focused this week too. As my DD the High School Musical fan would say...."gotta get your head in the game"

twofortea
10-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Hillary

Got your wish today. It was gorgeous outside. I actually wore a short sleeve shirt, but tomorrow is another story. Where in Oregon are you? I am in Hillsboro and go to the COD on 185th adn 26.

Roberta

Hi Roberta!

I work in Beaverton and live in St. Helens. I go to the Tanasbourne COD so looks like we go to the same one! Small, small world! I weigh in every Friday morning at 8am. When do you weigh?

Yes, Sunday was beautiful and I enjoyed every minute of it. Not liking the downpours we've had this week but I do see the blue sky peek out from time to time so there is hope for dryness soon.

Take care and stay dry!! :)

twofortea
10-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Congrats on all the losses everyone! Happy birthday to Crystal; hope you had fun! :-)

I'm up to 181.4 after getting down to 179 this week. I know I'm PMSing so not messing with the ticker yet. It's just water weight so hopefully will be gone soon!

Have a wonderful weekend!

-Hillary

Tuesday Cool
10-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, I managed to not gain during my mini vacation! I am still down four# for this challenge.
This time of year is easier for me because the summer BBQs are done and the holidays are not started. Fortunately I am not a big sweets person so candy is not an issue. I have to force myself to eat the Bars. I like the Luna bars better because they are less sweet. Bought the Amazon special and love the price better. Why do I feel a need to lie to my sixteen year old counselor? I am a grown-up, right?

bradleys mom
10-20-2007, 09:36 AM
I was down another 1.8 this morning for a total of 3.4 this week! I have oficial broke the 20 lbs mark! YAY!! I am definatly going to make and probably surpass my halloween goal!!!!!
I am changing my avatar for now! I always wanted a lil 20 lb chickie

amylou7777
10-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Wow you guys are doing great! I wish I could agree that this challenge is going smoother. I am finally back down to my ticker weight after a three lb gain almost two weeks ago. It just wont budge. I have been POP all week and it just keeps going up and down. Not fun! This hasn't happened to me yet so I'm kind of in shock everytime I get on the scale. I am determined to change my ticker by tuesday w/i!!!

I am so proud of all the rest of you! Kim-you are almost to your goal! Remember not to give up now and cheat (that's what got me in trouble when I had that 4lb loss!)

At this point I'll be happy with 5lbs by halloween!!

Keep it up everyone!

AvidKayaker
10-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Congratulations on 20 pounds gone Kimberly!!
:cb: :dancer: :hat: :goodvibes:cheer2: :woo:

This week I am down another 1.6 pounds, so it's going slowly but with 1.5 weeks left I may be able to reach my Halloween goal. I am going to do TO Sunday and Monday and be POP all week!

We can do this...:carrot:

Dumplin
10-21-2007, 12:20 PM
I have lost 5lbs. since I signed up! I am hoping to reach my first goal by Oct. 31 which is 10lbs. Just reset my ticker, had to see what it looked like with a moving slide.

Katy66
10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
:witch:10 Days Until Halloween:witch:
:sklol:Lets get those ticker's moving:sklol:

whatazoo
10-22-2007, 12:32 PM
At home I was down, so I couldn't wait to get to the COD. I was down 2.6 over the weekend!!! I don't know what happened, but I'll take it! WOOHOO. But now I have to get through tomorrow, a potluck at work... Breakfast for Lunch no less. Why I even signed up is beyond me, but anyway, I will just eat in moderation and have HLW on Wednesday!

Good luck to everyone, I hope we all meet our Halloween Goals!!

shshshhh
10-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Tuesday Cool

Glad the information helped. I have been out of town. Went back east for a family celebration and tried my best to stay OP. There was no real fruit around for a couple of days and they ordered out pizza and chinese food, you know the rest. I drank plenty of water and just hopped on the scale at the gym and it showed a 1.5 pound gain. Yesterday was a 11 hour plane/trane ride (long story for another day) and I ended up with my only options being some meal replacement bars I managed to tuck into my purse before I left.

On to the second part of my vacation now and I have a little more control of the food around me, so hopefully I can add a couple of glasses of water a day and get back on track to make my Halloween goal.

Roberta

shshshhh
10-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Roberta!

I work in Beaverton and live in St. Helens. I go to the Tanasbourne COD so looks like we go to the same one! Small, small world! I weigh in every Friday morning at 8am. When do you weigh?

Yes, Sunday was beautiful and I enjoyed every minute of it. Not liking the downpours we've had this week but I do see the blue sky peek out from time to time so there is hope for dryness soon.

Take care and stay dry!! :)

I have been weighing in on Saturdays but switching to Fridays this week and I go early in the morning too, so maybe we will meet one of these days. Funny conincidence. Today is my first day back from a trip back east and I woke up this morning to the gorgeous sunshine. YAYYY.

Roberta

bradleys mom
10-22-2007, 01:39 PM
Yuckkkk! What a bad weekend! I screwed up big time TWICE! I had a slice of PB pie on Saturday and a LARGE Punkin Pie blizzard last night! HOLY COW! I have been workout out on and off all morning, and drinkin lots of water. Hope that doest screw up my good progress towards the halloween goal!!!

shshshhh
10-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Kimberly

OK girl, you can do this. Get right back on track (looking in the mirror and saying the same thing to myself).

Roberta

bradleys mom
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks Roberta!!

I just realized while typing on the other board that TOM is falling on Halloween ! WHY ME! Theres no way I am going to get a correct WI with that going on, and if I am calcualting right I will be right in the middle of it!!

chiquita623
10-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Hello Fellow Losers. At least I'd like to think we are all "Losers" in this instance. After what, a couple of months of being stuck, my COD moved me to the green plan. Maybe that will shock my body into doing something. Who knows. Anyway, I'm still at 171 and all I want to do is be in the 160's by next Wednesday and 165 by Thanksgiving. I'll check back in later in the week after I WI and being green for several days. Everybody - keep up the good work. We can do this!!!!!!!!

Kim0303
10-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Hey ladies, I guess I have been hiding out after my horrible weekend end not this one but last. I am about to get back to where I was. I really don't know what I ate that could have caused a 5 pound gain. Ticks me off!
Any way, at WI this morning I was 187.6 so I am at exactly 20 pounds. Should be 5 to 7 pounds lower!!!! ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Oh well. I did TO over the weekend and am replacing one meal this week with slim fast so we will see if that helps. I am getting frustrated. Very SLOW process. Goes on quick though!!!
Noway will I meet my Halloween goal.

bradleys mom
10-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Kim3 - I think we started at about the same time. I am with you, under where Im supposed to be by about 6 lbs. I am doing the womans world accelerated blah blah, their version of TO tomorrow and Wednesday. We will be okay!! Just stay focused and try to add a little extra exercise in here and there. It really does make a difference!

LizzyW
10-23-2007, 10:55 AM
GM everyone,

Guess what. The plateau has been broken. As of this morning, I am 166.4!! WooHoo. This plateau breaker does work and sticking to it completely. LOL. I am so proud. I have 2 more lbs to go to meet the halloween goal. I am going to reach this goal.

bradleys mom
10-23-2007, 11:09 AM
AWESOME LIZ! We are so on top of this challenge!! WOOHOOO!!!

(Okay feeling like super woman today, doing TO to make up for my bad weekend, lol)

Kim0303
10-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah Liz!!! I might have to try that too!!!

Ok Kimberly R. I am hanging in there but boy is it frustrating. Then I watch the biggest losers and see the **** those girls go through and they only drop 3 pounds. I think I would kill myself!!! I can't believe they don't drop more weight than that. But then we don't know what they are eating either.

Stephanie, congratulations on 2.6pounds. That is awesome!!!

AvidKayaker
10-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Congratulations on bustin' that plateau LIZ!

:cb: :cp: :hat: :dancer: :congrat: :celebrate:

Well, tomorrow's my birthday so I will need lots of strength to stay on plan (not likely to be POP) but I can do it!! This morning I was down a pound from Sunday's weigh in. Unless I do a big splurge I am on track for the Halloween goal.

Catway8
10-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I havent been around this past week or so. First my computer went on the blink and now I have the start of bronchitist. I went to WI a little while ago and I am down 2 pounds and woooohoooooooooo I am FINALLY in Onederland. I havent seen that in 10 years so that makes me happy. I have a week left to make this goal another 3 pounds to go.
I hope your all well.

monster66
10-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Sounds like we are all determined to get there! I am doing pretty well. Had a challenge over the weekend that I was able to get through. Ate my la lite bar instead of candy and was down 2.6 since last week. I am 2.6 from my Halloween goal and I think I can make it. Just have to stay focused. The holidays are really killer for me because I have a big family and we will have LOTS of get togethers starting in early November. Stay POP everyone!! We can do this!!

bradleys mom
10-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Okay Kim3 you opened my bag of worms for today!! lol I was soooo mad last night after watching BL!!! First of all WTHeck was Neil thinking! He should quit worrying about "the team" and worry about himself, Jez should NOT have went home!!!!! And second, I wish they would kick Amy's butt off! I hate how she is acting like Kim did her so wrong when she practically did the same thing to Lezle only behind her back. I thought she deserved the 0 weight loss last night....

Okay Im over that... lol I am soo sick today, (I have posted much of this already on the weekly board so Im not gonna repeat it all...) But I just gotta Thank God for helping me pass my Lab Practical in Anatomy and I need to pray for some strength. Ever since I started getting sick I been eating ice cream cause it feels sooo good on my sore throat! lol
Oh and Cathy congrats on hitting ONDERLAND (tell me how it is okay???)

Kim0303
10-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah Kathy and Donnie!!!

Kimberly R, Get rid of the ice cream!!!! Drink a fruit smoothie or something.

bradleys mom
10-26-2007, 09:16 AM
LOL Kim03, thats funny you say that I just told my husband I wanted a blender for Chiristmas so I can make smoothies!!!

Tuesday Cool
10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Well, I had a great 40th birthday! I made my personal goal of "14 by 40"! A size 14 by my 40th birthday. I have lost 12 pounds and that moved me down a size. I refused to buy new pants as I really want the be a 12 by Christmas and this program is costing enough already.
I ate well all day, saved room on my plan for a nice dinner and only kind of blew it by eating a high sodium sashimi dinner. I did not go over in plan points!
I had put on 4# by morning! Yeah, I realize it was from retained water, blah, blah... But really 4# overnight! Not fair! I drank water all day, and shorted myself a starch and was back down by today but really, how depressing!

bradleys mom
10-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Tuesday, hit that Hot Lemon water today!! Works everytime for me after a high sodium day!! :) You can do it!!

AvidKayaker
10-26-2007, 11:41 AM
:cb: Cathy - Congratulations on reaching Onederland
:cb: Tuesday - Wow, you're down a size since we began the challenge

We are less than a week from our first milestone in this challenge! We can do this. Come on...let's go! :goodscale

jean2299
10-26-2007, 05:27 PM
Kimberly R,

I bought a Hamilton Beach blender at Walmart for like $9 - it is small and you can drink out of it - it is my lifesaver - I make a smoothie everyday out of frozen strawberries, banana, skim milk and Splenda. You can add 1/2 cup low fat ice cream, too if you want to add some extra creaminess and a starch.

I am 3 pounds from Halloween goal, but I'm doing TO Monday and Tuesday - we will see!

Tuesday Cool
10-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Kimberly, I have been living on lemon water! I actually use limes but its all the same. I was just blown away by the amount of gain. How can the body do that to my fragile mind? Not fair!

Kim0303
10-27-2007, 11:59 AM
The countdown is on!!!

I am not hitting my goal. I went in the wrong direction!!! The CO keeps saying oh you are doing good. I said no I am not! I had a bad weekend a few weeks back and went up 5 pounds. I am just now back to 187. Bummer.

Kimberly R, Get that blender early. I get the LA Smoothie Mixed Berry drink Powder, it counts as a fruit. I love it. I sometimes put my yogurt in it to and it counts as a fruit and a dairy. I add more ice than it calls for. I love it. They are only like $5 a can and make 17 drinks.

bradleys mom
10-27-2007, 02:01 PM
Got my blender, and made an awesome iced coffee.

WI today and was up 2.2 lbs. Oh well, I am starting over today nad so far I have been POP and have walked a mile (on my lunch, Im stuck at work). I am really aiming high!!!!

Catway8
10-28-2007, 01:01 AM
I went to WI today down another pound. I need to lose 2 more for the Halloween challenge.

Have a good night and day tomorrow everyone.

Nighters. :carrot::)

Kim0303
10-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah, on the blender Kimberly!!!

Few more days to our first goal. If we shot to high we can readjust our goals. Have to shoot for the stars! If you don't shoot high you can't hit it. So if we don't make it, readjust.

bradleys mom
10-29-2007, 01:11 AM
OK, well since jumping back on plan Thursday, my body seems to be responding very well, I may be very close (if not make it) to my Halloween goal if I stay on track. I knew I was up yesterday and was not planning on WI until my BFF told me to go because it may motivate me, well she was right. I have been pretty close to POP yesterday and today. DH and I went to the movies last night, and I ate half of an airhead candy, but that was like 60 cals I think, but I reallllly controlled myself because the drive-in we went to has AWESOME burgers!! I also exercised again today, did a mile and a half on the gazelle.

Hope everyone has a POP week, and cant wait to see all the results on Halloween!!

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 09:49 AM
Good Morning. I go WI later today so will post my WI then. According to my scale at home I'm the same - 171. My only goal was to be in the 160's by Wednesday and I really don't think I'll make it. My Thanksgiving goal is 165 but at the rate I'm going I'm not sure I'll make that either. Oh well, just got to keep chipping away at it. Every little bit helps.

bradleys mom
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Laurie, I think you are right on track for Thanksgiving. You have got 4 weeks until then, so if you can pull off the 2 lbs/week, you will surpass your goal! Keep your chin up! :hug:

I am so excited! I have not been this POP in a long time! Usually it was every other day POP... But I have been pretty on track since Thurday! :) Gonna go exercise!

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Kimberley - doesn't it feel good to be POP more than one day in a row. Kind of makes you think that you really can do this. Or at least that's how it makes me feel anyway. I was completely POP this weekend and was so proud of myself but I drank about 14 glasses of water so the COD thinks I may be retaining some water. HLW is in order I believe!!

chica33
10-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Hello all! Congrats on your weight loss..
I just have a quick question... I have read about the warm lemon water but what exactly does it do for you?

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 04:44 PM
It helps if you are retaining water from eating something that may be a little high in salt content or if you've gone off plan. And it cleans out the toxins in your body. After drinking it I usually have some sort of loss the next day at WI.

chica33
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the response....now I have another...
How much lemon and water...or does that not matter?

chiquita623
10-29-2007, 05:04 PM
I use 1/2 lemon, squeezed and throw it in rind and all with the 8 oz. water. It's pretty tart so you may want to add a little splenda or something.

monster66
10-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Well it is looking like I could be on track to make my goal by Halloween. I am doing TO today and tomorrow to help me out. Also, a little victory for me this weekend...I got into some size 10 jeans!! Granted, they run BIG and there was some stretch in them and they were tight BUT the tag said 10!! I really could be in the 8's by Christmas!! Hang in there everyone!! Oh a little trick I heard this weekend at COD...cut your bars into 16 pieces and then when you are tempted by Halloween candy, have that instead. I think that is going to be a life saver for me this week!

AvidKayaker
10-29-2007, 08:31 PM
I understand that in preparing hot lemon water you put the rind in because the oil in the rind is a key ingredient...just want to add that, which I gleaned by reading other posts in this forum. Thanks.

bradleys mom
10-29-2007, 08:50 PM
Wow what great suggestions you all have!!

Donnie, I too had a NSV like 45 seconds ago relating to yours! At my work we have to wear khaki pants. When I started that job in January of this year I was in a size 24 (not comfortably I should add) I just tried a pair of pants on that I bought in March, and I used to have to leave them unbuttoned to wear them, now, they are big on me :) WOOHOO I live for those moments!

AvidKayaker
10-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Donnie, I meant to congratulate you on your size 10 victory...CONGRATULATIONS!
Kimberly & Cathy CONGRATULATIONS to you two too!
Halloween is so close...I am drinking lots of water, and avoiding temptation :devil: and have not weighed in for a couple of days since I can go up and down during the week and it will drive me nutz, I am better off not WI until the day.

Catway8
10-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone,

I wanted to say thank you for the congrats Lisa and Kim#3.

I will go WI on wed morning. So Hopefully I will have met my goal. And if not I am soooooo close and only got 8 tp go for the Thanksgiving challenge.

Stay OP all and make good choices... I tell my kids that all the time and just last week my son looked at me when I was going to grab for something not on plan and he says.... Mom Make good choices.... I quickly removed my hand and realized what I was doing.... Good thing he was right there.... :)

Have a good night everyone!

AvidKayaker
10-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Cathy, so cute about your son keeping you on track...thankfully he was there to support you.

shshshhh
10-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Didn't quite make my Halloween challenge goal, but keeping my Thanksgiving goal the same and hoping to 'catch up'. After being on vacation and being in my daughter's house eating whatever was prepared, I did pretty good. Still showed a 2.8 pound loss for the 2 weeks. This is after eating chinese food one night (I chose VERY carefully) and pizza another (again, made choices as best I could). This proves that this program reallllly works. And I almost forgot, having a slice of birthday cake and a small scoop of ice cream too. Converted the foods I ate to what I thought they would translate to on the LAWL list. Drank LOTS and LOTS of water and walked almost every day. WHEW, had a blast, but am glad to be back where I can control my foods.

Have a wonderful OP day everyone.
Roberta

KSingleton
10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't think I'm going to make it! :( The scales aren't budging. I think I might have set my goals too high! I'm still trying though. Maybe I'll come close to 160's by Thanksgiving.

Dumplin
10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
I have reached my Halloween goal!!!!!!!!!!! I really must totally focus to reach my Thanksgiving goal of ten more lbs.... I am so excited!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday Cool
10-30-2007, 10:09 PM
After several set backs, Japanese food and a birthday party, I still made my 5# Halloween goal! I am so grateful that the obsessive food watching has paid off. I put on my skinniest pants today and they were very loose! :cool:
I am glad I found this forum. Having you all to work through the trials and tribulations has made all the difference. Thanks for being here, Tuesday
:haphal:

Kim0303
10-30-2007, 10:57 PM
Yeah Dumplin and Tuesday!!!

Kim0303
10-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Ok I didn't make the Halloween goal. I am at 187 as of Monday and God didn't decide to reward me for not staying POP so I am resetting my Thanksgiving goal to 179. Anything under 180!!!!

aguerin
10-31-2007, 08:14 AM
GM all. I will have to say that I didn't make my goal. As a matter of fact, the scale this a.m. has me at the weight that I started at. But thats o.k. cause I am happy with the way that I look and I think something lower might make me start to look too thin. BUT I will keep attempting to go down and keep in down some. :)

AvidKayaker
10-31-2007, 08:58 AM
I made the Halloween Goal - lost 6 pounds. Yes! :carrot:

Now we've got our next hurdle in our sights, Thanksgiving is three weeks away. So, I have no time to slack or give in to my temptations because I have to stay POP to meet my next goal.

Thanks, Kimberly, for initiating this challenge. :hug:

bradleys mom
10-31-2007, 08:58 AM
Hey gals on my way to WI now. My scale at home doesnt show much change from saturdays WI but Im hoping its wrong! (And Im right smack dab in the middle of TOM) I have worked so hard since Thursday and have been working out again as well! But if I dont meet this goal I accept it and smile. :) Next goal, Thanksgiving!

Like someone else said, if you didnt meet this goal, readjust your Thanksgiving goal! We can do this girls!

I'll post my weight this evening! Have a Happy Halloween and watch out for all those Ghouls and Goblins later!

:spid::haphal::spid:

amylou7777
10-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Congrats to everyone who made goal!! This has been the first month ever where I haven't lost any weight at all. I gained in the beginning and just kept yo-yo-ing from there. BUT today is the first day of a new goal for thanksgiving! I have a beautiful sweater for thanksgiving that needs to look good on me!!

Since this thread is so long does anyone mind if we start a new Thanksgiving Goal thread?

LizzyW
10-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Hey everyone,

Well I didn't make my goal of a measly 4 lbs. That really sucks. But I will adjust my Thanksgiving goal to not be so big. I guess I got my hope up to high. What a let down. Oh well. To the next challenge and to success.

Liz

chiquita623
10-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Well I also did not make my goal. I'm still at 171. My Thanksgiving goal was 165 but am not sure I'll make that. Think I may just keep it in the back of my mind though. Personally, I'll be thrilled to get into the 160's.

Amy - Good idea about the new thread.

whatazoo
10-31-2007, 12:05 PM
WooHoo! I made it and with about one extra, so I am just that much closer to the Thanksgiving goal! Yea to all the losers and to those that didn't make their Halloween goal, you can get the T-Giving Goal!!!

aguerin
10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't know about the Thanksgiving goal. I can already smell the dressing. I am just going to call it like it is. I"M GOING TO HAVE SOME DRESSING. :rollpin: Even if I have to do a TO on Friday and Saturday.

bradleys mom
10-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi gals! I was down 2.0 today, but I was still 3.8 short from making my goal. So I am resetting my new goal to be 235.8, which is 6 lbs!

Catway8
10-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Well I went to WI today and I didnt reach my goal but TOM visited me today as well. I was up .8 I am not changing my ticker tho unless it is the same next week. I am 10 pounds away from goal for Thanksgiving so I will reset that to 7 and HOPEFULLY I can reach that.

Congrats to those who made goal!

jean2299
10-31-2007, 11:37 PM
I reached my Halloween goal!! Yay!!! But, I am going to adjust my Thanksgiving goal, anyway. I had wanted to lose another 10 lbs. by Thanksgiving, but I didn't realize there are only 3 weeks between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I am going to shoot for another 7 pounds or 172. Congrats all Halloween losers!!

aguerin
11-01-2007, 08:12 AM
Congrats to all the goal makers! Good Luck on making the Thanksgiving Goal.