General chatter - Fat chick picnic?

View Full Version : Fat chick picnic?

NightengaleShane
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Has anyone ever conducted something like this on 3FC? Like, a real life meetup for whatever members are able to come in a location that we all agree upon?

I think it would be really awesome if it happened one day. We could make further plans if anyone is interested :) Thoughts?

Suzanne 3FC
10-04-2007, 03:27 PM
A lot of our forums that have had meetups within their groups and have had great experiences to share. The mods have also had little meetups which were fantastic!

I think we have a lot of members in Florida :)

dcapulet
10-04-2007, 03:31 PM
how about ny?

Cassie501107
10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
I hardly ever run into people from Kansas, but it would be cool.:)

I'll bring the carrot sticks!:p

SoulBliss
10-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Ive tried to gather with Chicks in San Diego, California and it always fizzles out, one way or another. :(

NightengaleShane
10-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Yeah, Suzanne, there DOES seem to be a lot of us from Florida, which would be really convenient for me! Maybe Florida just has a lot of fat people? ;)

NY is another good location, or perhaps somewhere in the middle of the country? How's THAT for a compromise? :lol:

Spinymouse
10-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I think we should all meet someplace wild and exotic.

melekalikimaka
10-04-2007, 04:02 PM
OK, it's kinda cliche but how about Hawaii? (and not just because I'm already here ;) :lol: )

mom2fivesweeties
10-04-2007, 04:12 PM
MIDWEST!! NOW THERE'S AN IDEA!!

:cp::dancer::cheer:

Amberelise
10-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Haha, sounds good to me. My parents are in southern Illinois. ;)

mom2fivesweeties
10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Hey Amber,
We are in Columbia, right across from south St. Louis county across the Mississippi. Where are your parents?
Chicago would be a cool place too to get together!
Lori

phantastica
10-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I'd be willing to travel to a 3FC meet-up!

Clydegirl
10-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Lori I know Columbia. I'm in Mascoutah.

Suzanne 3FC
10-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Your best bet is to try to have small, mini meetups locally. Several members have tried to organize more wide-spread meetups in the past and all resulted in chaos, none resulted in an actual meetup. It's impossible to find one location to make everyone happy. Then you have to know how many are coming so you can find a suitable spot for it. Are there costs involved in finding a meeting place? What if people back out at the last minute due to the expense of traveling (very common). Tons of pitfalls.

However, small mini-meetups have been sucessful. Maybe see who all lives in a certain region within one state, for example, then go from there :)

phantastica
10-04-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh Suzanne, we were thinking we'd just show up in your back yard next weekend! It should still be warm enough to camp, right? ;)

Suzanne 3FC
10-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Sure, as long as you bow upon entering and leave gifts in the foyer ;)

NightengaleShane
10-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah, getting together something that magnitude is definitely difficult, though perhaps not impossible.

Finding a meeting place could require a cost, though a free (or very inexpensive) spot would be ideal. For those who are traveling and need somewhere to stay, an idea would be to book some sort of group reservation... groups always get hotel discounts anyway... and anyone staying could pay in advance, maybe? Just a couple thoughts.

I do agree that regional mini meetups are probably easier. Perhaps I should take on the Florida fat chicks first ;)

HappyMomma05
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Gee...Louisiana sure it far away from everything.......*sighs*

alinnell
10-04-2007, 06:17 PM
I haven't attempted any meetings off of this board, but I have off of the Labrador chat board that I'm a member of. We all (dogs and girls) met in Temecula for an afternoon of food and drink and talk of dogs. It was quite fun (in fact they're planning another one, but I can't go to that one).

EZMONEY
10-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Will there be beer there?

royalsfan1
10-04-2007, 08:18 PM
OK, it's kinda cliche but how about Hawaii? (and not just because I'm already here ;) :lol: )

Ok, I quoted you so I could spell out your name!

melekalikimaka - Is that your cat?!!?!?!?!??!! Good Lord, it's the biggest cat I've ever seen!

walking2lose
10-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Tricia - I was just going to ask the SAME thing! Hilarious!

I have 4 and one is a big boy, but DANG, not that big.

I do remember there was talk of a 3FC cruise a while back, but I believe that fizzled, didn't it, Suzanne? I'm in Virginia, so kinda far from Florida. It would be a fun though.

phantastica
10-04-2007, 08:50 PM
OK, whenever I see the title of this thread, the tune for "Teddy Bears Picnic" goes through my head, except the lyrics are the Fat Chicks Picnic:
Picnic time for fat chicks,
The little fat chicks are having a lovely time today.
Watch them, catch them unawares,
And see them picnic on their holiday.
See them gaily dance about.
They love to play and shout.
And never have any cares.

GatorgalstuckinGA
10-04-2007, 09:09 PM
i actually would love to meet some of the ppl here if we lived closer. I may be making a trip to gainesville eventually nightengale..if i do, i'll give you a shout out!

losinitin07
10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
You all:grouphug: are invited to Maine the weather is a mild 60ish and the trees are soooooo beautiful this time of year.We can all climb Mt.Katahdin (a little exercise lol) and have a big picnic.Mt Katahdin is the biggest mountain here in Maine it is 2 miles high. Just bring your tent a back pack and any thing else you can't live with out lol.:dizzy:

mom2fivesweeties
10-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Hey Clydegirl! We are no more than 1/2 hour from each other! Well, that's 2 that can come to the midwest! Amber is in Chicago - that's 3!

GARY: OF COURSE there'll will be beer or maybe some good light wine?????? :)

Loosinit: Maine sounds heavenly. I love the cool weather and lots of trees! And camping out would be GREAT! Not sure about the hiking. I'm just on about 15-20 minutes of Leslie! :rofl:

I'll tell you I'd be ready to go ANYWHERE about now!! :rofl:

Lori

EZMONEY
10-04-2007, 10:52 PM
If my mom is still alive I will be in Illinois next week....but a whole mess of us live down San Diego way too....we have the Zoo ~ Sea World ~ Legoland ~ Beaches ~ Petco Park ~ Qualcomm ~ Disneyland nearby ~ Knotts Berry Farm ~ etc...My house and I have shuffleboard....wink

alinnell
10-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Hey Gary, You're one fat chick I'd love to meet.....I really hope your mom is okay. Take care.

stacylambert
10-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Another vote for San Diego here!

Goddess Jessica lives here too and the two of us are getting together soon. We actually just did the same triathlon but didn't find each other in crowd...

BTW, Gary we're moving back to Vista again. Out in Buena Creek. I haven't been around to hear about what's going on with your mom, but I hope everything is okay.

NightengaleShane
10-05-2007, 07:25 AM
:rofl: @ phantastica!

gatorgal, you definitely need to come to Gainesville. It's boring here. Come make it exciting. :)

And Gary, **** yeah, there will be lots of beer. What's your favorite? :D

Jen415
10-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Another Floridian here.....maybe Orlando or West Palm Beach would be a good place to meet?

lilybelle
10-05-2007, 01:12 PM
I don't suppose many people would want to travel to Oklahoma, LOL, so I'm willing to travel to meet up with everyone else.