Support Groups - Newbies Stickin' With It!

View Full Version : Newbies Stickin' With It!

Andi18
10-02-2007, 11:00 PM
This is a spin off from the "Ready for a New Start! Newbies in September '07" group.

Congrats girls, we made it through our first 1/2 month! On to our first full month of this journey!!

What goal do you have for this month?

Andi18
10-02-2007, 11:03 PM
My goal is to keep an "OWL" October Workout Log! This will keep me accountable for my workouts and I will be able to see what areas I need to work on or if I am favoring one workout over another. :woops::workout::exercise:

mommy2monkeys
10-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Yay! Happy October Newbies! :sklol:

For this month, my only goals are to meet or beat the challenge, and to have a real workout plan in order. As of now, I just sort of do a little of this and a little of that. I have the Billy's Bootcamp DVD burning a hole on the shelf, I just can never convince myself I can keep up with him. I tried to find exerciseTV and we don't have it. BOO! I was so looking forward to that.

The OWL is such a good idea! I'm thinking about doing that too, maybe it will keep me on track... :D

Bree :jig:

mothermavis
10-03-2007, 08:20 AM
Morning everybody!! I changed my weight loss ticker. Yesterday was a crappy day and the thought of losing 40 lbs was overwhelming, so I decided to do more of a short term goal of getting back to the 140's by the end of the year. I was reading the 100 plus board and it said, " I can't lose 100 pounds but I can lose 10 - 10 times." So for me I decided to go for 10% of my weight by the end of the year.

So for this month, I want to meet or exceed our exercise goals. Eat clean with no more than one cheat meal a week (I have to allow a little or it turns into a binge for me). Drink at least 100 oz of water a day and only weigh myself once a week.

I have been doing the tank top arms, shapely shoulders, buff bride arms and turbo abs (just the floor part) on Exercise TV. They rock.

mommy2monkeys
10-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I was reading the 100 plus board and it said, " I can't lose 100 pounds but I can lose 10 - 10 times."

What a wonderful way to look at it! I have been staring at my ticker a lot too, wondering how I can ever lose the weight. A new ticker is a very smart idea!

So for this month, I want to meet or exceed our exercise goals. Eat clean with no more than one cheat meal a week (I have to allow a little or it turns into a binge for me). Drink at least 100 oz of water a day and only weigh myself once a week.

I am getting so many good goal ideas from you all. My water intake is severely lacking. I have a 16oz thermos but by the time the ice all melts, it's hard to know how much I've actually had. :halfempty

The gramma
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
May I join you?

The gramma
10-03-2007, 06:28 PM
I can't figure out my ticker!

Shy Moment
10-03-2007, 06:30 PM
The gramma
You are welcome to join in anywhere you would like. Always can use one more.

Hi everyone
My first goal is to get into my 16s. That is it. One little goal then I will work on another.

The gramma
10-03-2007, 06:47 PM
My first goal is to get back down to 180. I was there just 6 months ago-ugh! Would love to do it by Jan 1st! I am going to see my son and his family and really want to feel better while I am visiting! I also don't want to have to buy any more clothes!!!

mothermavis
10-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Gramma, Welcome!!

Did you figure out the tickers?

Andi, Love the OWL idea, reminds me of Harry Potter...

losinitin07
10-03-2007, 07:36 PM
My goal is to lose 5 lbs this month keep em small not so overwhelming for me any ways.:dizzy:

pinkislove
10-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi ladies and welcome to any new folks joining the thread. It was a crazy day at work but now that I have a few minutes of downtime.... here are my October goals

write daily in my 3FC blog
log in all my foods as of 10/8 (the reason that I am taking a few days is my birthday is coming up within the next few days and it’s going to be hard to avoid the social dining, so while I will try to keep it healthy, I will not obsess because this is going to be the last of enjoying things freely for a while, lol)
fit some kind of exercise in daily — even if it is just 15 minutes
cook more at home not only to save money but to save calories!

Shy Moment
10-03-2007, 11:50 PM
pinkislove
Happy comeing up birthday. Mine is Nov 9th. We already have planned A nice chicken dinner. Nice parsley potatoes and green beans. :)

mothermavis
10-04-2007, 12:01 AM
Anybody have any great ideas to avoid giving in to cravings? What do you do when chocolate is calling your name? I am doing awesome during the day, but at night, not so much!!

Shy Moment
10-04-2007, 12:04 AM
mothermavis
Weight watchers fudge bars. 1 gram of fat and tastes so good you will never believe they are weight watchers. Gets the chocolate monkey off my back every time.

mothermavis
10-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks!! I will pick some up tomorrow. The chocolate gremlins are horrible this week. :devil: I did great all day, then tonight has been like a free for all!!

Shy Moment
10-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Another thing is the weight watchers little snack cakes, the chocolate ones are great and low in fat. This isn't something I have all the time but I do have set aside enough fat if I want to have one everyday.

mommy2monkeys
10-04-2007, 01:57 AM
aww shy, mine is november 11! we will have a lot of birthdays coming up!

Mavis, another thing in the same sort of vein are these Slim Fast candy bar type snacks, they have one that's cookie dough and it's chocolate covered and SO yummy. I don't know the actual name of them, but they helped me through a lot of chocolate crises..

pinkislove
10-04-2007, 10:48 AM
Morning everyone! Hope Thursday is treating everyone good.

Shy - Thanks for the early birthday wishes :) I am looking forward to this birthday (31) and it's part of the reason I am looking at improving my overall lifestyle.

MM - I like a few hersey's kisses with almonds or a cup of hot chocolate. I think I am going to re-do my ticker to be a short term goal ticker as well to help me not feel so overwhelmed by the ticker.

Amberelise
10-04-2007, 11:46 AM
I order vitatops and also the vita brownies. The vita brownies have little chocolate chips in them. When I microwave the brownie for 40 seconds the chocolate pieces melt and the brownies are INCREDIBLE. Plus, they're full of vitamins and only 100 calories. They are perfect for my chocolate cravings. The only problem is the only place I can get them are online. I hate the shipping.

mothermavis
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks ladies. You all have some wonderful ideas.
Last night I finally sat down and did my nails after I had ate way too much junk. I figured I couldn't open anything else with wet fingernails!! When I quit smoking I ate to keep my hands busy, now I certainly can't smoke to keep my mouth busy so I need to come up with other ways to control my eating urges. Your low-cal ideas are just what I was hoping for.

Off to add to the exercise ticker. Went back to the Dr yesterday, remain out of work and off my feet until at least 10/10, I will continue with the upper body exercise. On a good note, he did take some of the stitches out yesterday, so I am at least MUCH more comfortable.

mommy2monkeys
10-05-2007, 12:13 AM
congrats on the stitches out!! Anything to be more comfy, right! :D

i am so worn out today. i'm sorry i don't have more to say, i will try to be more chatty tomorrow... :dizzy:

mothermavis
10-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Where is everybody? Is the long weekend calling?

Mommy you are so right, just having some of the stitches out improves my outlook and they took out the ones across the back of my knee so i can bend my leg!! Small victory!

cldwv
10-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Hi everybody! Sorry I've been absent for so many days. I've been really bummed out about my slow progress and just have felt really "YUCK" for a couple days. I haven't totally sabatoged myself so I guess I'm still on-track. I promise to be more on board with you guys next week.

cldwv
10-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Does anybody else find it bothersome that there is a Pizza Hut ad to the right of the page (sometimes) complete with yummy pictures of pizza and bread sticks and cinnamon sticks!?

mothermavis
10-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Mine shows a Medifast ad, but yes, that would bug me.

I love their breadsticks and supreme PP Pizza.

saralou
10-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi all and Cindy especially, I've been having a rough week too. I suppose I was pretty disappointed last week not to lose anything but instead of spurring me on to try harder I've just been fairly lazy. I stepped on the scales and am a pound heavier but then sometimes that's just your clothes; I'm trying not to worry about it. I guess I'm going through a stressful time, job-hunting, and so will start to comfort eat.

However, I'm trying to remain positive and have a lovely Chilli waiting for me this evening which will go great with rice and actually be quite healthy. I'm also going to my Mum's gym again this weekend.

Everyone, please forgive me if I disappear occasionally; I suppose it's because I hate failing and I know it's not failing but this is the one thing I really struggle to be that successful at and want to be successful at...I'm just rambling on now but I wanted to share that sometimes I struggle to join in when I'm not feeling great about my self etc.

~Sara

cldwv
10-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Sarah - I know just how you feel. I'm with you in spirit!

mothermavis
10-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Sara, Cindy and all of us who feel this way.

Sara, I couldn't have said it better, but I keep coming back, to see exactly what you wrote, because you all let me know I am not the only one. We are all in this together and we all want so badly to do it this time. Hang in there, every day, some days are better than others and know that you are supported on good and bad days!!

Join when you can, this should make us feel good, not guilty! Happy Friday!!

cldwv
10-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I've come here several times during the day and the ad to the right is generally diet-related items. I'm either losing my mind with the pizza hut ad or they are messing with me.

Andi18
10-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Hey girls, sorry I have been MIA. It's been a crazy week. Yesterday I donated blood and felt really pathetically lazy afterwards and now I have a huge bruise on the inside of my arm because the first person to poke me missed, and the 2nd person tried to fix it and couldn't get it after about 5 minutes, then the 3rd person finally got it about 5 minutes later... GRRRR Then besides that...TOM visited yesterday :( so now I'm really feeling lazy...

I hope you all have been having a good week...I'll come back in tonight and respond to people individually.

pinkislove
10-05-2007, 07:28 PM
I've been having a rough couple of days... I wish I could complain but in all honesty... NOT WORTH THE ENERGY! I hope to be on the boards more next week. :hug:

Andi18
10-05-2007, 10:51 PM
Off to add to the exercise ticker. Went back to the Dr yesterday, remain out of work and off my feet until at least 10/10, I will continue with the upper body exercise. On a good note, he did take some of the stitches out yesterday, so I am at least MUCH more comfortable.

YEAH!! So glad to hear some of the stitches came out! You will be up and doing all of the exercises you want to fairly soon!! :carrot:

Andi18
10-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Hi everybody! Sorry I've been absent for so many days. I've been really bummed out about my slow progress and just have felt really "YUCK" for a couple days. I haven't totally sabatoged myself so I guess I'm still on-track. I promise to be more on board with you guys next week.

Cindy, this seems to be the general feeling this week! Don't know what it is but it sure is affecting a lot of us... seems like a lot of us are either just starting to see TOM or are seeing TOM out the door and I'm sure that's a big part of it. Next week will be much better! :hug:

Andi18
10-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi all and Cindy especially, I've been having a rough week too. I suppose I was pretty disappointed last week not to lose anything but instead of spurring me on to try harder I've just been fairly lazy. I stepped on the scales and am a pound heavier but then sometimes that's just your clothes; I'm trying not to worry about it. I guess I'm going through a stressful time, job-hunting, and so will start to comfort eat.

However, I'm trying to remain positive and have a lovely Chilli waiting for me this evening which will go great with rice and actually be quite healthy. I'm also going to my Mum's gym again this weekend.

Everyone, please forgive me if I disappear occasionally; I suppose it's because I hate failing and I know it's not failing but this is the one thing I really struggle to be that successful at and want to be successful at...I'm just rambling on now but I wanted to share that sometimes I struggle to join in when I'm not feeling great about my self etc.

~Sara

Hey Sara! Try not to get too discouraged over a pound. It's only a pound and you can lose that! Like you said, it may be your clothes. I try to weigh only in the necessities that way it is consistent. My 2nd week of exercising I gained 2 pounds, don't give up, use that as motivation for the next week!

You chili and rice sounds yummy!! what time is dinner? Probably around my lunch time! haha Did I ever tell ya, my goal after I lose the weight is to go to London? Actually I want to visit Wales, my parents have been over there 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years to visit an exchange student that we had live with us my senior year of high school. I have yet to visit over there but I will make it one day!!

Please don't disappear for too long if you must disappear! This is definitely a good support team here and we will be here regardless if you gain or lose cheering you on! Happy exercises this weekend at your mum's gym! :exercise:

chubby cat
10-06-2007, 04:50 AM
hi everyone. I was absent for a pretty long time. First, I was a bit sick. Then I was busy cooking for a community program. So ate some of those deep fried appetizers and sugar infused dessert. I know this is horrible. But somehow I managed to lose weight. :carrot:

:congrat: to all of us for sticking with the plan for another month. My personal goal is to lose 10 lbs this month. Let's see what happens.

cldwv
10-06-2007, 08:07 AM
Hi Andi and Pink and everybody else. Andi is right. It seems we all were in a funk this week. Let's get it together this week! My daughter told me last night that my face looked thin. That's a good thing. I always lose it in my face and boobs first. Have a great weekend girls. This mood shall pass.

Shay
10-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Tell us a little about yourself:

Name (real name or name we can call you!): Likenoother

About you: 35 years old, Govt worker, have a great BF although he gets on my nerves sometimes

Why did you join? I'm a night owl so I definitely felt I needed support late at night. Besides I'm always on the computer

What is your goal? My midterm goal is 148. I would be considered "overweight"

How are you going to acheive your goal? WW Flex Pt Plan, Starting the C25K plan in November, Will also incorporate weight training/resistance, and yoga and or pilates, keeping up with my blog (I love it), and the support of my friends, family, and 3FC

mothermavis
10-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Likenoother, glad you found our little group.

I am a night muncher so night support is great! Maybe we can help each other Looks like you have a great plan mapped out.

:welcome:

Anabella04
10-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi! I too am fairly new around here and trying to find my place. I think I will hang out here some if that is ok?

My goals are to lose 5 pounds in October! I have already lost 2.5 for the month. So I am on the right path. Yay! I am lacking in the exercise department so I need to get moving. I am going to try some Walk away the pounds this week.

I was so excited to see 190 on the scale today because I had totally blown it this week. I ate out twice including soda and to top it off I had movie theater pop corn yesterday uuugghh......but I guess all the rest of the week did pay off.

I have a question.......Do any of you set aside a cheat day? And if so , do you let yourself cheat all day or just one meal or special treat?? I want to include something for myself so I don't go crazy but I am unsure of how to implement it without ruining my progress. Any suggestions?

Shay
10-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Mothermavis--I am definitely on here somewhere late at night so look for me.
Annabelle04--I used to plan a cheat meal each week but now I just do it for occasions. Like if I know I'm going out with my co-workers or I'm going to go hang out with my friends or my mom. Sometimes it technically isn't a cheat meal because I take it all from 35 extra points I get a week.

cldwv
10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey girls! How's the weekend going? I'm sooo hungry but I'm not going to give into the temptations. Are we going to weigh in tomorrow?

mommy2monkeys
10-08-2007, 12:36 AM
hey girls!!! it has been SUCH a busy weekend. I hate that you all are in a funk, I wish I knew better inspirational things to say. You will all overcome- like someone else said, this mood SHALL pass!

I know we aren't supposed to weigh until tomorrow but I like to do it on Sunday. who knows why?! I was so thrilled this morning, we went out for dinner last night and I tried so hard to be good - and I was pleased with another 3 lbs this week. I will do the "proper" weigh in tomorrow just to be sure, but I'm thrilled with this! I know it's going to taper off soon and I'm honestly a bit nervous for that. I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy the rapid results I'm getting for now.

how was everyone's weekend? Anything fun or good happen?

I will check back in the morning! Keep your chins up!

saralou
10-08-2007, 06:31 AM
Hey new newbies, Likenother and Annabelle:welcome3:

Hey Mommy2Monkeys - Congrats!! :carrot:Just realised you posted. 3lbs is loads. What do you think was the best thing you did for your weight loss this week?

It's already Monday in England. So, deep breath, I'm back up to 207 but that is still 1lb under where I started. This week I'm going to do it though. I have interviews tomorrow and Wednesday so I may be starting a new job anytime so I want to use this free time while I have it.

Anyway plans for the week:

- I will plan my day so that I know what I'm eating but also don't get lazy about making meals.
- As I'm staying at my boyf's house I will take my swimsuit and I will also offer to do the shopping for him so there is healthy food in.
- I will not give in and even if we do go out for a meal I will not think 'It's a treat, so I'll over indulge'.

Andi - That's great that your planning to come to Wales - I've had a lot of happy times on holiday there when I was young as we live in the Midlands (in England) and so it's very easy to visit. We used to stay in this great cottage that my mum friends' owned and the back garden went straight onto the beach. One thing I would love to re-capture is how carefree I was then. I think as I child your so unconscious of what your body looks like and only conscious of what it can do: I don't think that would be a bad thing for adults either.

Anyway, good luck everyone - I hope weigh-in brings some success Sara x

cldwv
10-08-2007, 08:07 AM
m2m - good for you!

*Lucky, said in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice*

I'll weigh in at work on the scale in the gym later today and report back. I don't expect to have lost any but we'll see.

Shay
10-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks for the welcome Mothermavis and Saralou. Normally I would weigh in today because I'm doing TBL contest. I'm on the red team. I took a freebie this week because of TOM. I will weigh in next Monday. I'm doing really well with food but water is nonexistant. I injured my right foot last week so I'm being really careful. I will begin the C25K program on November 6th.

Andi18
10-08-2007, 10:12 AM
:welcome2:welcome likenoother!:welcome2:
Looks like you have a plan set to go! That is awesome. I have not heard of the C25K program before. What does that include? So sorry to hear about your foot :(

pinkislove
10-08-2007, 10:19 AM
:welcome2: to our new group members

:congrat: to Bree!

...as for me, I survived my birthday weekend without too much extra goodies (I passed on having a birthday cake just to avoid the opportunity to overindulge) but I did have too much soda because I ate out quite a bit the last few days.

No weigh in for me this week. I got on the scale this morning and it said 'lo' and at first I was :?: until I realized that I need to replace my batteries. I will take that as a sign to just skip this week and work extra hard to have something wonderful to report next Monday.

mommy2monkeys
10-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Welcome to our new newbies!! I guess I didn't realize you two were new to us, I feel new myself still..

Thank you all for the warm wishes! :carrot:

Sara, your plan for the week sounds awesome! I need to start doing that. I am so not a planner though, it's horrible.

What do you think was the best thing you did for your weight loss this week?

Honestly, it's something I maybe shouldn't be doing - but when I feel the need to eat sweets or junk, I do a set of squats or dumbbell work, something to get my mind off excess snacking until the urge passes. I've also been keeping at myself to exercise something each day. I got in the shape I was in by keeping idle, to change it I really have to keep moving literally.

m2m - good for you!

*Lucky, said in my best Napoleon Dynamite voice*

You made me really LOL at that Cindy, I love Napoleon!

I am interested to know what C25K means too... I haven't ever heard of it either.

Pink, good on you for skipping the cake. My birthday is next month and I am already working on how I can not eat any cake. :?: Sweets are too much of a temptation for me, I can't handle it. My baby's 1st birthday is that same week so I will be doing double time on the bailing out on cake. At least that's my plan.. :o

Anabella congrats so much on 190!! I can't wait until I can say the same. I am hoping to check back in and see more losses newbies!!!! :D

Shay
10-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Andi18 & Mommy2Monkeys--C25K

Couch to 5K--It's supposed to literally take you from being a couch potato to running 5k (3.1 miles) in 9 weeks. Here is the link:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Here at 3FC under the Fitness Forum you can click on exercise and several people are doing the program or have done the program. There is the Cool Runners October thread and the October Run/Walk Challenge thread.

mommy2monkeys
10-08-2007, 04:22 PM
That sounds really cool, good luck doing it! I am intrigued by runners, I don't think I could ever be one. I guess I never know until I try though, right? :D

saralou
10-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Happy Birthday Pink! I'm impressed at your will power at the weekend.

I'm packing in my suticase the dieting recipes book so there's no excuses just because I'm at boyf's house! Although he does want to take me out on Wednesday and chucks, I might just have to let him. I've almost been perfect today though I did have some toast and low fat spread. Bit of a comfort thing, really, still such a busy day tomorrow will probably eat very little. Wish me luck - it's my big job interview tomorrow!

Does anyone else kid themselves that they're going to wait for aomething to get started for real. Like at the moment, I'm sort thinking 'I'll wait until I'm settled in a job and can go to slimming club etc.' Instead, I really need to just get on with it...

Have a good day one and all ~Sara

cldwv
10-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Wish me luck - it's my big job interview tomorrow!

Does anyone else kid themselves that they're going to wait for aomething to get started for real.

Tons of luck with the interview! Positive vibes being sent your way.

I do the kid myself trick all the time. It's annoying because really, we aren't kidding ourselves. My new one at the moment is, "as soon as this bad cut on my heel heals, I'm back on Davey with a vengence." I rationlize it because it is a really bad cut that has gotten infected and I keep making it worse in my running shoes, but what I'm really doing is giving myself permission to fail.

Down one more pound this week.

Andi18
10-08-2007, 07:01 PM
Good luck on the job interview Sara!!

I do the kid myself every now and then, I was really bad when I was studying for my stock broker license...I would always say the day after I pass the exams I would start working out morning and night...it took me a month to work out at least once a day and now I am almost a month past that time! I don't think I will get to the twice a day, I wish, but I just can't do it yet!

chubby cat
10-09-2007, 08:15 AM
:welcome2: new group members. This group rocks!! Sticking to it made me realize and focus on the good things i can do for myself. And for the first time in the long time I am starting to see a positive result on my scale. Yesterday was the weigh in--I was busy a bit, cooking all day long. Now I weighed and I am glad to annouce I am 160 lb.:goodscale:

Well 4 lb is not a big deal, because I have to lose a lot. But still I am happy to see the result. And hanging around here really boosted my moods when I needed them.

Sara, I used to kid myself about many things. When I first came here I thought I'll first lose the weight and start to prepare for graduate school. But now I realize our life is so multidimensional we have to take care of all things simultaneously. I am trying to focus on different things at the same time. It takes a lot of time to complete something but baby steps are the best to take.

Take care all of you.:hug:

mothermavis
10-09-2007, 08:16 AM
SaraLou: goodvibes:goodvibes Good Vibes across the water to you!! Good Luck today!!

Pink :bday2you: Great job over the Birthday weekend.

DS birthday is next weekend, I have to not lick my fingers while I make the cake!!

How is everybody this week?

I weighed myself, I've not lost anything, but I've not gained either. After the week I had, I'll take that!

Off to the Dr, talk to ya later!!

pinkislove
10-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Thank you for the birthday wishes! It was hard to not have a birthday cake or make it a point of ordering dessert when I was taken out but I figured I had to start somewhere. As much as I would have loved having something sweet, knowing that I want smaller pants more, lol!

Farrah, are you kidding? 4 pounds is a big deal :carrot: I know that it may feels like it isn't when you look at the bigger number (aka long term goal) but as a weekly loss, it is impressive and something to be proud of :cp: every pound loss is one that gets you to the goal.

Sara, I hope your interview went well! To answer your question, I used to always think if I lose x amount of pound, then I will join a gym, then X will happen, etc; I kicked that way of thinking to the curb because if we wait for life to be "perfect" to get things done, a lot would never happen.

MM - good job! I admire you for making the effort even though you aren't at 100% with your leg. Hope the doctor has good news for you.

I don't know about anyone else, I can't wait for Friday. This week has been :headache::tired::yikes::mad::censored: and it's only Tuesday!!!!

Andi18
10-09-2007, 10:45 PM
I don't know about anyone else, I can't wait for Friday. This week has been :headache::tired::yikes::mad::censored: and it's only Tuesday!!!!

I gotta agree with you here! Friday can't come soon enough!!

Pink I'm sorry I forgot to wish a :bday2you: Hope it was a good one!

mommy2monkeys
10-10-2007, 08:47 AM
:yay: Good Morning (afternoon ? for sara?) Newbies!!

I accidentally skipped posting yesterday. I'm not sure how, I checked the new posts and must have gotten sidetracked into searching for something. :joker: There's way too much information on here, I try to soak up as much as possible.

Today is my third day of podfitness.com. I've been doing a weight training and a yoga class so far, but I was doing them at night after my babies went to bed. This seriously affected my getting to sleep. I'd be wired and ready to learn when I should really be sleeping.

I decided then and there that I would move the yoga to the morning while my husband was showering, and I feel so wonderful this morning! I am not a morning person, so it's a totally new feeling for me. It's also another half hour to an hour of "me time" which is in way short supply around here.

Sara, have you heard anything about your big interview??

I better run for now, but I will be back later! :wave:

cldwv
10-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Guys... I think I have sort of a problem. I'm feeling really rough. I don't think I'm eating enough. The problem is, I'm not hungry, at all. The worst of it is, I'm sick and have been for a week or so with a horrible cough. You know you're never hungry when you're sick but with the cough on top of that, and I hate to get gross, you know when you have that cough that is so bad it makes you want to puke? That's me.

I don't know if I'm feeling so crappy because I'm not eating or if I'm just plain sick and feeling crappy.

Andi18
10-10-2007, 11:27 PM
Guys... I think I have sort of a problem. I'm feeling really rough. I don't think I'm eating enough. The problem is, I'm not hungry, at all. The worst of it is, I'm sick and have been for a week or so with a horrible cough. You know you're never hungry when you're sick but with the cough on top of that, and I hate to get gross, you know when you have that cough that is so bad it makes you want to puke? That's me.

I don't know if I'm feeling so crappy because I'm not eating or if I'm just plain sick and feeling crappy.

Sounds like more of an illness sick. I hope you are feeling better soon :hug: I know it is not easy to exercise while sick and eating while sick is almost worse. Try to eat small meals throughout the day, if not meals, small healthy snacks (veggies/fruit/applesauce/something!) to help build your systems back up and hopefully get you better soon.

Andi18
10-10-2007, 11:35 PM
I am going to post this in here, I already posted it another another thread that I frequent but thought that it fit here as well...

Today is my one month anniversary of starting this journey :carrot: basically the same time TBL Black Team started! Thank you all for being a great support system! You girls rock! :hug: / also the same time we started the September Newbies (which then became this thread)...

I have been keeping my measurements since I started and posted them in my blog:
hips ~ then 54″ now 50"
waist ~ then 41″ now 37"
right leg & left leg ~ then 31″ now 28"
right arm & left arm ~ then 18″ now 17"
chest ~ then 45″ now 43"
bust ~ then 38″ now 37"
And....I have dropped 14 pounds!

I am so thankful I found this website and you all!:thanks:

mothermavis
10-11-2007, 06:20 AM
Andi :carrot: :carrot:
Wow!! Awesome results and so motivating to you and to all of us as well!
Good for you Andi, your family will be so surprised when you see them at the Holidays!!

Cindy, I f you think you aren't eating enough, can you track your food in Fitday to get an idea of your calories? Also yogurt always helps me feel better. I don't know why.. the proverbial chicken soup might help too.

Pink, Sara, MSM, CC, LNO and all good morning, happy day. Let's all stick to it today!!

pinkislove
10-11-2007, 03:23 PM
andi - :woohoo:way to go!

cindy - :getwell:

I have been having a blah kind of day today... but thankfully it's almost over. It's been an especially stressful week over here (not to mention it's almost that TOM :faint:). Thank goodness for this board so full of :cheer2: and my 3FC blog to let me :blah: :blah: :blah: as much as I need to, lol.

One good thing this week, I have brought in food (either breakfast or lunch and snacks) so that's a plus because I am not overspending on food (eating on the go in Manhattan is killer!). So to keep myself going I ordered this lunch tote (http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=51646&sc1=Search&feat=sr) for myself.

Now the next step to join the gym... originally I was going to do that last week but my finances were just not there to do, so it's going to have to wait for next pay period but at least I have been taking walks to get some exercise time in.

Is it Friday yet?

mommy2monkeys
10-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Pink, Sara, MSM, CC, LNO and all good morning, happy day. Let's all stick to it today!!

What a perfect time to read this Mavis!! I am having a down day, and I'm slowly talking myself out of doing anything.

Cindy, I hope you get well soon!!! Were you able to see the doctor?

Andi - what a remarkable change! You must be so proud :bravo:

Pink I like your lunch tote. I Have my birthday coming up and I want to get a new yoga mat to keep me going. I hope your tote works for you!

I know I probably missed someone and I am truly sorry. I'm just not feeling myself tonight! I hope to be back to :yay: tomorrow..

Mikeyandres2
10-12-2007, 12:31 PM
HI everyone!! I have been away with a case of Bronchitis, which for the average person it wouldn't disrupt their life, but I am A BIG BABY when it comes to sickness. So I have been catching up and reading the posts and it seems like a lot of you have been in a funk as well!!:dizzy: The only good thing that has come out of this is I am down 2 lbs!!:carrot: Now it time to get back into it!! I couldn't even DRAG myself onto the site, since I have not been exercising or eating right-just didn't want to face the reality of it. But I am going to be strong now..I can't go back and change anything...just need to keep on going!

pinkislove
10-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Hey Melissa - welcome back!!!!

Ladies... what are some of your favorite healthy snacks to keep stashed at your workplace?

Today I had a wonderful breakfast at home around 7:45 but wasn't able to make it out to lunch until 1:45. Needless to say I was hungry by the time I got to lunch and I deeply regretted not packing up my snack bag today (lesson learned) but I was wondering what are some things that last that I can keep in my office drawers so I don't go too long without eating.

It's finally Friday and that deserves :carrot::carrot::carrot:

Andi18
10-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Hey girls, thanks for the congrats!! It really means a lot!! :grouphug:

Today I am out of commission. Yesterday I started feeling really crappy (sore throat, headache, flemy, stuffed), I tried making it to work this morning but only was there for an hour and then left. I got home around 9:30 and slept until 3:00. This is the 2nd time in like 3 weeks. I haven't done this in over a year (I used to have chronic migraines when I worked at a bank/when I left the bank, my migraines left too). My hubby was feeling the same way yesterday but he had to make his way to work today and stay there. Of course the only one in the house not sick is our 8 year old son. I'm doubting he will get sick, he hardly ever does. Of course tomorrow he has swimming lessons and his last flag football game of the season so he better not get sick! Of course with being sick, I have no desire to eat. I did make a low cal milk shake to try to down, that is the only thing besides water that has made it to my tummy today :(

Pink ~ I love the tote! That is super cute! Also as far as the snacks at work go, I love those 100 Calorie Packs... you can get cookies, or little cakes (like carrot cake or little chocolate with cream center cakes), or chips... I've usually got a small selection in my drawer that way I don't get bored on one thing. We've also got a fridge at my work so I will bring yogurt too. Did you join the gym?

Mikeyandres2 ~ hope you are feeling better!

Sara ~ how did your interview go? Hope it went well!

mothermavis
10-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Pink - I agree w Andi. I keep 100 calorie Kettle corn packs for the microwave at work, that gets me sweet and salt which I love.

I also keep sugarless gum and those little powdered flavored crystal light add in's for water & I really like yogurt and sugar-free hot apple cider mix or herbal tea too.

The lunch tote is cute!! Love LL Bean too, they are so customer friendly.

All right, I'm of to bed, YS had a typical boy accident at school last night (they were having a Pep Rally/ Games Night kind of deal) Like all boys, he has to rough house and he split his chin wide open, so we had to go get stitches and did not get out of the ER til 2am. I am whipped!! But wanted to see how everbody was doing.

Michelle - welcome back

Cindy- are you OK?

Sara - hope all is well

M2M - how is Podfitness?

CC- 4 lbs is huge, good for you?

Everybody - have a great weekend, will be back tomorrow if times allows, Sunday if not!

kelton
10-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Can I join too ?

cldwv
10-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi girls!

Andi - you sound like I feel. I hope you get well soon. I'm not feeling so bad anymore. Just have this horrible, nagging cough.

To all my other girls - haven't been around much so I feel out of touch. I'm going to catch up tomorrow and hopefully get back in touch with all of you.

Kelton - of course you can join!!! Welcome.

I'll read up in the morning and post back. I hope each and everyone of you are well and happy. TGIF and here's to a fantastic weekend.

Cindy

mommy2monkeys
10-13-2007, 12:16 AM
Podfitness is great, it's me that is the problem. I have been a lot down lately, and I haven't felt like doing it. I kind of half do the hard exercises, or I do as many reps as I can stand (3 or 4 of 10 :cry:)

I am afraid of falling off right now, just a week into it! I can't find my inner motivation anymore. I am constantly exhausted, I have no muscle power, and I get a little confused by what to do. :stress: I did my weight training (legs and gluts) and a 15 min pilates already, so I am doing better. I just hate feeling like this, I started out so strong and positive and now I am barely treading water.

I hope you all are having better days than me today! I'm going to quit whining and try to do some yoga. :tape:

cldwv
10-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Hey Bree! This is the part that sucks about being a woman; our hormones and our moods. Isn't it funny how so many of us here were blah this past week? Chin up sweetie. It will pass.

As for inner motivation... hmmm? I'm a little on the nutty side so I hesitate to tell you my motivation. Well, you all know I'm in love with Davey Havok (of AFI fame). I keep pictures of him around and tell myself he wouldn't have anything to do with me as I am - the super fit vegan that he is. (in reality he's a really nice guy and not shallow at all but I pretend)

I know - weird.

When I was a teen, I used to be totally obsessed with Duran Duran. I did the same thing back then (although I was thin as could be). I would exercise and to keep myself motivated, I would tell myself, Nick Rhodes isn't going to date a fatty.

I also want to start dating again and while I could do that I want to do that as a more comfortable in her skin Cindy.

Maybe we should re-vist those reasons why we want to lose weight again?

My reason for today is: I really want to look good in my clothes again. It may be shallow but I want to fit into my closet full of pretty clothes and not have to hide all winter under baggy sweaters, etc.

mommy2monkeys
10-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Cindy, I feel so silly, I had to look up both of your dream guys. :sorry: I don't think it's weird at all, and I really appreciate your sharing it with us. I definately get what you are saying though. I tried to think of a celebrity that could inspire me, and instantly it clicked. Two came to mind, but one more so than the other: Tony Romo is so smokin hot, and if he passed me on the street he might die laughing. We can't have that now can we?! :devil:

I do my weight training routine to Justin Timberlake's FutureSexLoveSounds. The majority of the songs I use (love podfitness letting me pick my own music) are about a hot girl(s) that knock his and his boys' socks off. It lifts my spirits, especially the song Damn Girl, to imagine being that hot at the end of all this HARD work. I just have to keep that in mind!

Now, if what you said was weird, we are even! :cheers:

My reason for the day is: I want to be able to knock socks off.. anytime anywhere.

cldwv
10-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I do my weight training routine to Justin Timberlake's FutureSexLoveSounds. The majority of the songs I use (love podfitness letting me pick my own music) are about a hot girl(s) that knock his and his boys' socks off. It lifts my spirits, especially the song Damn Girl, to imagine being that hot at the end of all this HARD work. I just have to keep that in mind!

Now, if what you said was weird, we are even! :cheers:

My reason for the day is: I want to be able to knock socks off.. anytime anywhere.You know, Justin is bringing sexy back so I'd think he'd be an awesome motivator!:o

Andi18
10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Can I join too ?

Definitely Kleton! :welcome:

Okay, I thought I posted in here earlier but obviously it did not take :?: Maybe it's the meds I'm on...:?: I am starting to feel better. Now I'm just dealing with this scratchy throat. I wish it would go away :devil: I haven't worked out this weekend at all. I'm going to try to make it to the gym tonight though. I have lost 4 pounds this week though so I am thrilled with that, but I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that I have been sick. I'm determined not to let any of those pounds come back on... :nono:

mommy2monkeys
10-14-2007, 10:36 PM
You know, Justin is bringing sexy back so I'd think he'd be an awesome motivator!:o

Oh and he is... ;) :yes: I feel kinda old and dirty over him, even though he's just a few months younger than me. And the whole boy band aspect, I don't think I've admitted to anyone but my husband that I'm a fan. Well, outside of him on my myspace, but surprisingly no one asked what he's doing on there. :D

Andi, get well soon girl!! congrats on the 4 lbs. I am scared to the point of stomach knots to go on my scale. I hate feeling that way, but I feel like I am just working so hard, I don't want to feel like I'm going backwards.

hi kleton and all other newbies!! Lets hope for a GREAT weigh-in tomorrow!!

saralou
10-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Hi all - I don't know whether it's trailing around recruitment agencies or just the stress of the job interview but I'm down 3lbs from last week! Woo!:carrot:

It's possible my body has taken a little time to respond to the dieting but I'm hoping a super good week and I'll be near my target - fingers crossed.

Good news on the interview front: they've asked me to go for a better role which may even include international travel to the US! All very exciting.

Been fun reading about your fantasy men I'm a big Justin fan too but also Jake Gyllenhall was on TV on Friday night - very funny and very sexy! My poor boyfriend, no idea what I'm thinking when I'm snuggled up to him. In general though any music that can get me dancing is a good thing and motivates me more than some personal trainer. I'm thinking of getting one of those 'Dance Generation' mats for my boyfriend for his birthday - he's a percussionist so loves them (!) as he's really good at the rhythm: good way to exercise too!

Hope everyone else has a successful day. I've access to the pc again this week so will try and keep in touch.

~Sara

cldwv
10-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Hey Sara, good job on the 3 lbs and even better news about your interview(s)/job. That sounds fantastic!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Travel would be great.

Not too excited about the weigh-in today but I'll report, just the same. I don't expect very good results.

Oh, almost forgot. We have one of those DDR/Dance Generation things here at the house (actually two). When my kids are on it I almost pee my pants laughing. It does work up a sweat though.

mommy2monkeys
10-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi Sara!! Great news this week!! 3 lbs is awesome.. good luck with your super good week! I know I need one of those.

I had trouble sleeping last night (it is storming bad here) so I got out of bed and did my weighing and tape measuring. I am up a pound :eek: but I have lost inches on every measurement.

There's a couple of things I think it could be. I hope it's a little muscle gain, when I started this I had little to no muscle at all. It could also be a little issue with my IUD. :?: I'm not overly concerned with a pound, especially since I can see (and feel!) a big difference in myself.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weigh-in!! :hug:

cldwv
10-15-2007, 09:21 AM
No change for me this week girls. I'm at 202 still. I don't know if I should cry, scream, or just give up. Grrrrr! I'm so frustrated.

pinkislove
10-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Morning ladies! Congrats on your 3 lbs Sara! Bree I like the tape measure versus the scale any day :)

As for me, this weigh in had no change (no gain, no loss) but I anticipated that because it's that tom.

At least I am eating better and keeping up with my weekly goals with the exception of the exercise part. One step at a time over here, I will get there :)

saralou
10-15-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey Cindy - seriously those dance mat things are hysterical! I'm sorry that you've not lost this week.Same to you Pink but sounds like you're doing the right things.

Any ideas how you're gonna go that extra mile? I've made a huge pot of soup that's 'free' on my diet so that I can dig into that whenever I'm hungry. I'm trying to find a better option than toast to go with it. I suppose it's just habit but I always reach for thickly buttered toast when I'm having soup. What a carb addict!

Bree, well done on the inch loss. I'm actually of the view that I could weigh anything as long I was slim enough for my clothes. And you're definitely putting me to shame on the exercise front so could well be the muscle gain. I've done my hiphop in front of exercise tv online today so I'm trying although I did look pretty idiotic!

chubby cat
10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Hi all! It's been a hectic week for me. First, I thought it's just me. But now I see the whole group has suffered a bad time just like me. What a coincidence!!That's bad I know..:( I had a bad kind of sore throat and fever for couple of days. Still kinda feeling feverish. Well, I didn't exercise at all last week, but my diet was on good shape....kinda...half of the time I was on liquid diet. Anyway, today I weighed in and found me lost 1.5 lb.

A thought out of the topic, my first wedding anniversary is coming up next month. I have no idea or plan for celebration. My hubby is not much of a planner, so I have to come up with something. What do you guys do here in US?

mommy2monkeys
10-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Sara, don't worry, I won't be logging tremendous amounts of hours for the rest of the month I'm afraid. I stay at home with my kids, so I was spending at least 2 30 minute periods a day doing either yoga, or weight training. ANd occasionally a 15 minute pilates.

I'm starting to get a little burnt out on everything but yoga, so I just do that right now. I've been at it just long enough now that I can't not do it, I don't feel right without even a little bit during the day.

Any movement is good movement! Try not to worry if you look silly or not, just know what a good thing you are doing for you body!

I agree, as long as the clothes fit, it's all good! I got into a pair of pants I've never worn before. I bought them because they were the same size/style as some I owned already but they were different. Now if only they were my "old" jeans... :o

Got to run... more later

kelton
10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Good Morning.

Hope everyone is having a great morning.

I have a question... Could someone tell me the receipe(sp) for the free stew/soup that you all talk about ?

I love soups & stews a lot and hubbs just made some veggie soup the other day but I want to know the free kind so I can make it & eat it without feeling guilty of possible gourging on something with lots of no-nos in it.

Yes, I need to get my portions & second helpings back under control.

Thanks in advance.

have a great day !

saralou
10-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Hey Kleton! Welcome to the group! I noticed you asked about soup. It may be a little carb heavy for you if that's where you're cutting down but it's 'free' on my diet (you either eat more carbs or more protein and fill-up on free food) It's very warming if it's got cold where you are yet!

:chef:
Fry together (using FryLite/Low cal spray) 1 onion/ 2celery sticks/1 large carrot and 1 potato (dice them all first). Do this for about 3/4mins
Add in dash of curry powder and some ginger
Add 1 pint of water and 1 pint of stock (Vecon is the low-cal one here)
Add 4oz of dried lentils
Leave to simmer for up to twenty mins

I stir in a small amount of yogurt and mustard mixed together to taste. The idea is I can dip in whenever I feel like it. My friend also does a great tomato soup which is 'free' on weight watchers and that might be on their website. Hope that helps!

I just did my 'Pacha Dance Workout' - really fun though a few too many gratuitous shots of the women's buns etc (the cameraman obviously enjoyed himself.) Anyway I'm feeling very positive right now; gotta love that endorphin high! :exercise:

cldwv
10-16-2007, 10:54 PM
Just getting ready for bed but wanted to check in and tell you all awesome you all are. So willing to help others. It's amazing.

saralou
10-17-2007, 05:27 AM
Wish me luck everyone - I'm going to join the Slimming Club 'group' tonight...Really scared that it's going to be a nasty scale that tells me I'm heavier than the more generous scale at home. I know I have to keep in mind that I have still lost weight whatever the numbers are but I've got a real thing about wanting to be under 200lbs now. Anyway, I'm not going to let it ruin my day; I just have to stay focused on my mini-goal and forget what the scales say if worst comes to worst.

mothermavis
10-18-2007, 06:43 AM
Good Morning everybody! I have been a lazy posting dog, but here I am today. Busy weekend. My older son turned 20 on Saturday and my baby had his Homecoming on Saturday. He was King! Best part (to him) is that his older brother never was. It always seems like everything he does, DB has done before.

I did not weigh myself Monday, I weighed last night and again this morning to be sure it wasn't a fluke, and I have left the 160's!!!! I thought I was going to be stuck there forever. That's the good news!

Bad news, I was back at the Dr again yesterday, my leg is still infected so exercise is still pretty nil. But, it's OK, if I can stick with my food well enough to lose without exercise, I should do awesome with it when I can restart.

Sara-new job opportunity sounds awesome, I used to travel a bit with work, it was fun. 3 pounds gone! Good for you

Cindy DON'T GIVE UP!! I know how you feel, heck we wll know how you fell. Keep on fighting the fight, the weight will come off!!

CC- In answer to your Anniversary questions, maybe dinner and a movie or a comedy club or a weekend away?

Kelton :welcome2:

Andi_ 4 pounds is wicked!! Hope you are feeling better!

M2M & Pink, you both sound exercise challenged like me this week. I agree, any movement is good, just keep on keeping on!!

Happy Thursday!

saralou
10-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey all!

As I suspected, the scales at the Slimming club were not quite as generous and register as 1/2 stone heavier! Nightmare! However, think we talked about scales last month and they're only a reflection of part of the loss. My dark jeans are getting loose soon I'll need new ones (shucks, what a shame - an excuse to go shopping) And I have definitely still lost. In the last two days I've cooked two new recipes which are 'free' on my diet and so providing the diet works I'll have had a pretty good week again (fingers crossed).

Anyway, aside from that, I am having my 'colours' done on Monday to find the colours that suit me best! Fun! Is anyone else dieting so they can wear fashion - I used to be so stylish it makes me sad to be in big jumpers and jeans to cover-up.

Hope everyone is having a good week :dust:~ Sara

kelton
10-19-2007, 11:34 PM
Just wanted to stop in & tell everyone to sleep well and I hope everyone has a GREAT tomorrow !

See you then.

mothermavis
10-20-2007, 08:06 AM
Good morning all! How is everybody? Any great weekend exercise or cook ahead plans? I think I am going to make soup.
I'm up a pound today, but I'm just going to pay attention for the rest of the weekend and hopefully it'll go away!
I went out to dinner last nite. We went to this place this has wood fired pizza. and it was awesome, but I may have overdone! :o

mommy2monkeys
10-20-2007, 09:07 AM
This has been such a bad week. My husband is on bedrest with a virus since Tuesday, hopefully he will be released from that soon! So I've been in charge of the boys, and all cooking and trying to care for hubby.. by the time I get the boys to bed and have a chance to sit down, I am so worn out! I had to stop and rest and fell asleep on the yoga mat the last time I even bothered to try doing it. :o

I am hoping to get back in line!! It would help a lot for him to get well, it's hard to do everything by myself. I feel like I am whining, I don't mean to whine. I am just so tired..:(

The boys are up now so I better go for now...:hug: to everyone and keep your chin up!!

kelton
10-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone.... If it's a good one for you. :dunno:

MotherMavis:
Soup sounds so good, I *love* soup.
Wood Fired Pizza, I haven't ever heard of it before but I'm sure I would over do it cause it sounds yummy.
I'm up 2 Lbs so your doing better than me, so thats good.

Mommy2:
I'm so sorry your DH has been so sick.:sorry:
It's hard to keep everything & everyone in step when you have to take care of everything yourself with out much rest. Please (somehow) find more time for yourself. You're not whining at all. Hope it all starts getting better soon.

mothermavis
10-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Mommy, sorry it's be so rough. Sick husbands are worse than sick kids I think. At least mine is. You aren't whining, and if you are, that's what we are here for, support! Hang in there!

Kelton, I love that you are on and posting a lot, I love to talk!!

I just started another thread too, I don't know if anyone else goes on vacation in the spring? We go to the beach and I plan to be the hot momma!

saralou
10-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Hey 'Mommy' - what a rough week you've had! I don't envy you Mom's (or Mum's as we say here) always have a tough job holding everything together. Still give yourself a break if you're not fitting in the exercise this week not only are you probably burning cals running around after your kids (and 'big kid' husband?), you're probably gonna get sick yourself if you squeeze much more in! I hope your hubbie gets well again soon so you can take care of you too!!

Hey Kelton and Mavis - hope you're well. Are you guys weighing yourself everyday? I now go to a 'class' on Wed so will do it twice a week but do you find that much difference over each day? Do you have electrics scales? - I was thinking I ought to make the purchase as then you can see every half pound go...Not sure I want to get to the point of weighing everyday - do either of you find your mood is effected by what the scale says? I could see it could be quite a practical way of checking the week is going ok. Any advice?

Have a good day everyone! Sara

kelton
10-20-2007, 02:26 PM
Mother I love to talk too ! We should get along well :)

Sara To tell the truth I didn't used to weigh each day but after I got on the scales (scared because I thought I had gained about 15 lbs) I got on scale and found I had lost 11 lbs. (I have no idea how, I really thought I had gained cause my breathing was worse and clothes were tighter than normal I thought.
Well since then I have been trying to lose and I get on scale everyday... probably not the best thing to do.

I don't have an electric scale but sounds like something I would be interested in.
So far my moods haven't been affected (that surprises me). But I am new at this and I know I still have so much to learn & aways to go. Don't get me wrong.. I don't like it at all when the scale is being mean to me, but it hasn't gotten me down yet..... I guess cause I (somehow) am looking at it differently than I do most things... Because I am normally (99%) a pessimist. lol

Wow, I sound like a great person to become friends with huh ? LOL :lol3:

Become my friend and I'll drag you down faster than an undertow. :woohoo: :p

Andi18
10-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been posting much this week. I am still feeling :kickcan: This bug has really got me and my hubby down. :barf: I have not worked out and I can definitely tell :( I've been trying to watch what I eat, but I seem to want comfort food while ill and I know that is not the way to handle this. :( I really need to find something to take or go to the dr and get a prescription... :dunno:

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

saralou
10-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Sounds like a lot of people are getting sick - I'm sending some virtual (and low-fat) chicken soup your way:turkey: (ok I know that's a thanksgiving turkey but it'll do) Feel better guys!

Kleton - the slimming club I've started has electric ones and they are good at giving you the cold hard truth but maybe I like the more generous ones at home! It's a toughy - I'd rather not know that I'm gaining on the other hand if I look at the end of the weekend and see I've gone up I can start doing something about it...can't decide. Clearly it's personal choice but I was just trying to guage what you guys think.

Have a nice evening (well afternoon where you are) ~Sara

mothermavis
10-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Saralou
I bought a digital scale. It goes in .2 increments because my old scale was 10 lbs different from day to day (so was the first digital one!!)
I am trying to weigh every other day, that way if something is not working for me, I will know it quick. I seem to be tracking down overall, so evne on days when I show a gain, it motivates me to eat cleaner (at least so far)

Shay
10-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey everyone,
I forgot about this thread. I am generally on 3FC on a daily basis and there are specific threads I check. When you subscribe to a thread does it go to e-mail? If that's the case that wouldn't work for me. I've gotten terrible at checking my e-mail. That may have something to do with work. I swear to goodness you go to a meeting and come back and you have 10-15 new e-mails.

I'm sorry to hear that many of you are not feeling well. Hate is a strong word but I really HATE being sick. It may have to do with me being a workaholic and needing to almost be on my deathbed not to go to work.

Congrats to everyone on their losses. I've been staying OP despite my hectic schedule. I've just had to plan really well.

Saralou--That's exciting about the work opportunity. I weigh everyday. I use it to help me stay on track. In the past the fluctuations or scale being stuck would affect me negatively. I would wonder why I was working so hard and go on bad binges. Now I know better. I just bought a new electric scale on Thursday. I had a really bad experience with the old fashioned ones. My scale is a Taylor and I love it. It measures in .2lb increments. I don't record my weight with . but I like that accuracy.

Pink--Snacks at work: yogurt, cottage cheese doubles, granola bars, raisins, 100 calorie packs, baked chips, snackwell cookies, grapes, bananas, flavored applesauce, crystal light packets, 100 calorie chocolate (I keep my drawers and cabinets packed full so I don't have an excuse). I eat breakfast at work so that adds to my stash.

Cldwv--I saved you for last on purpose. I was so in love with Duran Duran. I was a member of their fan club. I had their posters all over my walls. I'm in the process of trying to replace my tapes (yes I still have them) with cds. My favorite was John Taylor. One friend liked Simon LeBon and another loved Nick Rhoades. Our friendships were perfect because we all liked a different one. It would have really caused some trouble if either of us liked each other's guy.

kelton
10-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Crappppp, today I cheated again with the Soda pops ! I really need to get a grip !
I had a day off today, no babysitting. It only made me miss her though. :(
I didn't accomplish anything like I usually do. I slept most the day away.

Andi
Sorry you and hubby are sick. :( Hope you get to the Dr soon, please do.
I can't help but eat comfort food when I am sick, so you're not alone.
Please go to the Dr and get some meds for you & hubs. Feel better soon.

Sara
I have never had a digital scale but now I want one. I would rather know day to day that way I can nip it in the bud (thats what i'm saying anyway) :rolleyes: I think its great that you have a group to go to. In my small town we have nothing and bigger town cost too much gas money to get to. SO I'm depending on you guys to whip me into shape and also spank me when i'm bad ! ;)

Mother
Thats the way I want it to work for me.

Likenoother
I loved 80's all together but... I wasn't that big of a duran duran fan so now you don't have to beat me up cause I liked your guy !:D

Shay
10-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Kelton--You are lucky because John Taylor is still my man in case you didn't know.

Someone asked about reason why you want to lose weight:
1. to be healthy--I'm 4'11 and weighing what I weigh of course I'm classified as morbidly obese. I'm fortunate in that I haven't had any medical issues and that I carry my weight well.
2. I'm tired of being fat--I've been fat the majority of my life. Its getting really old and I'm just done

saralou
10-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice re scales. I can't afford to make a big purchase just at the min but I think the .2lb thing sounds good - it would show when the ones I have wouldn't shift. I knew that the ones I have were rubbish but they are very cool with a sky and clouds print that I bought from Ikea!! I suppose it's choosing accuracy over aesthetics from now on!

Hi again Likenoother - I just subscribe to the thread and then go to 'quick links' at the top and you can go to the subscribed threads that way. Anyway, glad you're back! Not a Duran Duran fan so I shan't be stealing your man - I hope you don't like Johnny Depp because I have to tell you he belongs to me -lol

Hi Kleton - that's a shame you've no group. I've no excuses as it's walking distance from my house. It is a bit expensive though but the idea for me is to just try and get as much advice as possible on how people make the diet work and people share recipes and things like that. I hope though that you always feel you do have us for support - you notice I'm TRYING to post when I have bad days and good so that I know I don't have to run away from being a bad girl!

Speaking of... I was naughty yesterday! It was going really well until after lunch. We were having a bit of a reunion of all my school friends:D We went for a lovely roast but then in the afternoon we stayed in the pub and I had a beer and then we ended up going for Mexican food which included nachos and fried chicken -oops!

The good news though is my (lying) scales here show 1lb and 1/2 down:carrot:so we'll see if the (truthful) scales at club on Wed agree!

Good luck with weigh-in everyone! ~Sara

Shay
10-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Saralou- You can have Johnny Depp. No takers here. Thanks for the info about subscribing to threads.

I'm down 3lbs this week. Yeah! Gotta go get ready for work. I will check in later.

Everyone have a fantastic day.

mothermavis
10-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Great job to those chicks who've lost. Alas, I have not. I am still at 159 this am. I hope it does not take as long to get thru the 150,s as it did to get below 160!

I can't complain, I was not perfect this weekend. Already admitted to Friday's sin. I ended up making chili instead of soup Saturday, lots more fat. Also had to go to the mall yesterday, stopped at Chicago Grill & drank a Raspberry Colada, awesome, but definitely not on my low-carb plan!! :mad:

cldwv
10-22-2007, 09:09 AM
.Cldwv--I saved you for last on purpose. I was so in love with Duran Duran. I was a member of their fan club. I had their posters all over my walls. I'm in the process of trying to replace my tapes (yes I still have them) with cds. My favorite was John Taylor. One friend liked Simon LeBon and another loved Nick Rhoades. Our friendships were perfect because we all liked a different one. It would have really caused some trouble if either of us liked each other's guy.Ahhhh, I love to hear this. There are lots of us out there. You just have to dig a little to find them. I was totally in love with Nick. The sad fact is I haven't changed much from those days. I just transferred my obsessions.

Sorry I've been away guys. It has been a horrible week. I mean really horrible. On the verge of quitting my job and telling a certain few to shove it kind of horrible. I must get back on track. The stress in my life is becoming unbearable and I have to find a healthy way to deal with it. The treadmill may be the answer. Miss you all!

Shay
10-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Cldwv--I found another Duran Duran fan that is in one of the professional organizations I'm a member of...we are out here. I think the treadmill would be excellent for your stress or a good kickboxing session. You could also go the other route and do some yoga.

pinkislove
10-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Hi Ladies - congrats to those of you losing!!!

I am still holding steady but it's no surprise considering how hectic it's been... I have been so overwhelmed with work and studying for midterms :eek: I am so stressed out but am glad to report I am mostly staying on track with healthy foods. I know I will see my scale start going down once I join the gym and have it not only as a weight loss helper but as a stress decreaser.

Andi18
10-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey girls, sorry I've been away. I'm completing week 2 of being sick. I finally made the call to my doctor and she phoned in a prescription for me. Gotta love a doc that doesn't require to see you to know that you are ill just by listening to your voicemail! haha What really stinks is that I talk all day on the phone so as the day goes on my voice gets worse. I've picked up my meds, taken my 1st day and will hopefully be on the mend soon.

Now my next order of business is finding a gym to join. I'm getting really tired of only using the treadmill and when I want to use my TJ videos hubby is in the only room that we have that I have enough room to do it in. :devil: I was debating between 24 Hour Fitness and the YMCA... The Y is a lot cheaper and my son already does sports through them so that would be the wise choice...

mothermavis
10-24-2007, 05:18 AM
Andi, It's good to hear that you've gotten your meds, hope you feel better soon.

As for the gym thing, if your son already participates at the Y that would probably be the one you'd be most likely to use (especially if you are already there). That's alway been the big thing for me, the joining is easy but sometimes the using is hard!!

Cindy, hang in there, sounds like a rough time lately!!

All my other 3FC friends, so glad we've met!! I'm off to fight the good fight for today!!

pinkislove
10-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi ladies just wanted to pop in and say hello (I want to get back into the habit of posting in here!!!) :hug:

Oh Andi - get well soon! I agree with MM about the using being hard (I have signed up a few times to know, lol) and the Y being great because your son is already there. As long as you have the essentials for your work out goals at the Y, go for it.

Shay
10-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Andi--Here's to you starting to feel better. About the gym I agree with everyone else. I've been a member of a gym for years and I only go in spurts. I prefer to work out at home.

cldwv
10-24-2007, 11:05 PM
The funk is starting to lift and I'm back on board! I've pretty much stuck for the diet (except for a small slip-up - ate one of my daughter's small lunch packs of chips a couple days ago). Didn't weigh myself this week but I'm sticking with it. I've really been good for six weeks or so (the exercise hasn't been quite as good).

How's everybody doing? Our weather is finally starting to change. It's rainy and getting a bit colder. I love getting out all the sweaters, etc.

mothermavis
10-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Good morning. I had a victory yesterday. I had to go to meet the candidates night with DH. It was a buffet dinner.
I stayed completely on plan, I didn't eat dessert, I only ate acceptable food, I didn't go back for seconds and I skipped the bar as I was the designated driver. I was really happy about that as I seemed to stall my weight loss with one bad meal last week.

Here's to staying on plan!

mothermavis
10-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Where is everybody? Are ya'll still sick and bummed and all those down days we all had in a row. I am feeling optomistic (sp?) this week, I think it's gonna be a 2lb week, I'm halfway there!!

Shay
10-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Hey everyone,
Mother Mavis I had a good day yesterday too in regards to temptations. I was at a conference. I pre planned by packing my breakfast and my 3 snacks. We had lunch on her own (they provided us with a $15 gift card, wasn't that nice) and I looked to see what was there prior to going. So I knew what to buy at Panera. So good day pts wise. Today they I will again pack breakfast and 3 snacks. They are serving us lunch so I plan to make the best choices I can.

mothermavis
10-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Likenoother, I love Panera!! I'm glad you had a good day too! It seems better when they get flowing for a while. I think it's maybe like when I quit smoking, if I had one cig I'd still be back in it today and I quit over 4 years ago.

If I have one bad day, it takes me a week to get rid of the cravings again and stalls my weight loss too. I should learn from that at some point!!

Good luck today, we are having a Roast Beef Dinner at church tonight. So wish me luck too.

Jane
10-27-2007, 04:10 PM
Just a quick pop-in to say there is a reserved area for your group in the Bios sticky at the top of the page. Also, we now have a birthday thread, so be sure and list yours, if you want. :)

mothermavis
10-29-2007, 07:01 AM
It was a 2lb week, I'm at 156. Hopefully, next week, I'll be closer to 150 than I am to 160. Just did Turbo Abs, I have also lost an inch off my abs this week.

Yesterday I tried on my V Secret jeans. When I bought them, I could not get them over my thighs. (Bought online) Now I can get them on and zipped, they are still to snug to be worn out in public, but they go on and they zip!!! Without laying down to zip them :carrot:

Happy Monday everybody, please come back and post!

cldwv
10-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Way to to MM! You're always so motivated and are an inspiration to me.

I didn't want to do it but I did. I got my butt on the scale down in the gym. I haven't weighed in for two weeks so I didn't know what to expect.

I'm down 5 pounds since the last time I weighed myself. It's a total of 8 pounds lost in 5 weeks. Now, if I could get myself back on track with the exercise, I'd really be showing some progress. I guess 8 lbs. is okay. At least I wasn't up.

cldwv
10-29-2007, 11:41 AM
One more thing... boy does it feel good to break that 200 barrier!

mothermavis
10-29-2007, 09:15 PM
5 lbs since last weigh in, Cindy that rocks!! :carrot: :carrot:

8 pounds in 5 weeks is great!!!

pinkislove
10-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Congrats ladies!!!! Both of you are inspirational Cindy reaching one-derland :carrot: and MM for your inch and scale victory.

I am still maintaining my 4 pounds lost (it feels like a billion years ago that those 4 came off) so no change this week but I have gone down one size. I went shopping yesterday for some work clothes and I bought one skirt and a pair of slacks in a 16 and a top in a 14/16 (I was buying pants at 18).... so that made me feel good.

In other news, this change is weather (again) has gotten me sick (again) :(

How is everyone else doing?

cldwv
10-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Pink - Isn't it the best when you get to buy smaller clothes?

I refuse to buy new clothes. I have tons of clothes and I'll have to just get my butt into them but until then, I'll be walking around with a saggy butt. Speaking of saggy butts... why am I losing it in my butt?! I need to lose it in my belly!

Oh, and Pink, everybody around here is sick. It's the funky weather I suspect.

Where is everybody anyway?

mothermavis
10-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree with both of you, the weather in Northern NY just sucks today. I had to scrape the windshield this am to go to work, and then when I went for my walk at lunch, it was 39 degrees. 39!!

Pink, congrats on the smaller sizes!! That is even better than seeing it in pounds, don't ya think?

Cindy, I'm with ya, I need to shrink into my wardrobe, I have worn my fat clothes until they are threadbare, I'll be naked soon if I don't lose some more weight! Not a pretty picture.:o

cldwv
10-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Cindy, I'm with ya, I need to shrink into my wardrobe, I have worn my fat clothes until they are threadbare, I'll be naked soon if I don't lose some more weight! Not a pretty picture.:oMe too! I'm walking around like some sort of reject hippy in my cords and clogs. Thank god I work with mostly nerds and scientists who dress pretty much the same. Fitting into those clothes is good motivation though!!! I don't know about you but I've got a closet full of really awesome clothes just dying to be worn.

mothermavis
10-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Cindy, Me too. I'm trying something on once a month to see when I can get into it. Any more than that I think would depress me. I love the wardrobe description though. It fits me too!!

cldwv
10-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Hey MM and everybody else! How about a little side challenge. Let's all pick an outfit out of our closets that we want to fit into to and put it out where it is in sight and set a goal for when we would like to fit into it. I know my goal is my birthday in February. It's my 40th and I don't want to be fat on that day.

Dia
10-30-2007, 09:32 PM
Ive started this ride again but this time Im going to do it .
Ican not fail. LOoking for support:)

Dia
10-30-2007, 09:35 PM
HI looks like we have the same goals.How are you doing this?

mothermavis
10-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome Dia!! Personally, I'm trying to eat clean, move every day and drink my water!!

Cindy,
I have picked out my outfit, I want to wear it on vacation in April. Kind of like the itsy bitsy polka dot bikini commercial!! I think I might try to take a picture of me trying to get it on now to compare, that really helped m with the jeans. To know I could not get those babies up my thighs when I got them, to being able to zip!! And you have entered onederland. What a week we've had!!

Where is everybody? Pink, likenoother, Andi, Sara, Mommy2Monkeys, ShyMoment, Chubbycat???? Where are you all!!

cldwv
10-31-2007, 05:58 AM
Where is everybody? Pink, likenoother, Andi, Sara, Mommy2Monkeys, ShyMoment, Chubbycat???? Where are you all!!That's what I was wondering. Please, come back.

Here's a small bit of motivation. I may have a date next weekend:dizzy:

My daughter says she can tell for sure that I look thinner. When I picked her up from band rehearsal last night, she said, "mom, you look really pretty." I had to inform her I had just gotten off the treadmill and was still in my workout clothes!! She said my face looks a lot thinner. That was sweet.

I think those 12s and 10s are about a month or two away, if I stay on track. I don't want to go any smaller than a 10. I'm tall. If I get too thin, I look horrible. I like my curves.

cldwv
10-31-2007, 06:03 AM
I have picked out my outfit, I want to wear it on vacation in April. Kind of like the itsy bitsy polka dot bikini commercial!! I think I might try to take a picture of me trying to get it on now to compare, that really helped m with the jeans. To know I could not get those babies up my thighs when I got them, to being able to zip!! And you have entered onederland. What a week we've had!!Taking a picture is a great idea. I may do that too. As motivated as you are, I have no doubt you'll reach your goal. I said earlier I wanted to reach my goal by my birthday in February. Well, I want to go to the Food Network's Wine and Food Festival in Miami in February to stalk Bobby Flay (I love him). I'm sure as **** not going to Miami unless I can fit into some of my summer clothes. My sister lives down there and said she wants to go so this is a real possibility.

pinkislove
10-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Morning Ladies :ghost: How is everyone doing on this Halloween? I feel so congested, I need a little nap, lol. It is this funky weather... I had to buy a new jacket last week because I realized I did not have a warm enough "light" jacket and I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to fit into a Land's End XL (it looked small to me but when I tried it on --- it was perfect with room to layer if necessary).

Questions - Are we going to start a new thread tomorrow (November 1st)? Do we want to do a November challenge of some sort? (I tried to do the October exercise minutes but I got lost around the middle of the second week, lol)

Dia :welcome3: to our little group

...speaking of which where IS everyone??? We miss you guys :hug:

cldwv
10-31-2007, 11:18 AM
Questions - Are we going to start a new thread tomorrow (November 1st)? Do we want to do a November challenge of some sort? (I tried to do the October exercise minutes but I got lost around the middle of the second week, lol)How about not-so-newbies...

Don't feel bad Pink. I totally slacked on the exercise challenge. I'm up for a new challenge.

pinkislove
10-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Maybe we can do a challenge where we set three little goals for the month? or just see how many exercise minutes we can log in for the month.

It's too bad our thread is so slow :cry: I understand how it happens, I have days where I log on and read but can't get around to posting.... but hopefully everyone will come back when they have time to say how they are doing :goodvibes

mothermavis
10-31-2007, 07:20 PM
Cindy,
I hope your date goes well and a stalking goal for February is perfect. :devil:

Pink, A new size!! Good for you!!

I'm up for a new challenge. I was horrible at updating my exercise Ticker, seems like a lot of work!!

cldwv
11-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Hey guys!

Since our normal weigh in day is Monday, do you want to start a new thread Monday?

pinkislove
11-01-2007, 12:10 PM
That makes sense... and hopefully over the weekend people will check back in over here.

I am soooo congested over here... this ever changing weather is :censored:!!! I think I have an ear infection too :headache:

Anyway I decided to set some goals for this month, they are:

exercise three times a week for at least 30 minutes
restart and maintain my 3FC blog
drink 2 liters of water daily and take my vitamins

Does anyone else have any goals for November they would like to share?

mothermavis
11-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Hey my friends, I joined the WOW Pre Christmas challenge over on the challenge thred, want to meet there and the Sexy thread here?

Andi18
11-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey girls! :wave: Sorry I've been MIA :( it has been a crazy week...unfortunately they made me do the dreaded 4 letter word (work) :nono:

I am feeling 100% better now! :carrot: now it's time to get motivated to :exercise: Just need to get my husband to be supportive again after giving him a nearly 3 week break :frypan:

I am up for a challenge, in fact I need another challenge. I need something to get me to work out again. I'm still debating on joining the YMCA or 24 Hour Fitness. I'm ready to :yikes: I need someone to :kickbutt: to get me to decide and actually start going! :rofl:

pinkislove
11-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Hey Andi glad to see you are feeling better :cp:

mothermavis
11-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Pink, love the ticker!

Andi, Welcome back!

Cindy, If you decide to go, we all want to hear about the date the morning after!!!

What do we want to do for a challenge? Want to stay here?
There is nothing to say we can't be in multiple challenges at the same time right?

How about every day ( or as often as possible), we post one new thing we did that day to make our weight loss happen. What else? I'm like a dog with a bone, need to get my teeth in!!!

mothermavis
11-02-2007, 07:06 AM
OK, went to go do Turbo Abs & then have my shower B4 work. Exercise TV is ot working, so I did 8minute abs instead (it's an extra on a Firm tape I have)

So far so good, we had only 2 trick or treaters for Halloween (niece and nephew!!) but that is typical because we live in the woods. DH and our boys are taking care of the rest of the candy, which is good because I can't be trusted. I ate some that nite and another piece last nite so I need it to go away.

Today I am going to eat clean all day and I am going to walk the 2 miles at lunch. I want to be under 155 on Monday....I am also hoping for another inch off my waist by Thanksgiving.:thanks2:

pinkislove
11-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I just started my 3FC blog so I am excited. Feel free to drop by if any of you have the chance.

I can't wait to get that extra hour of sleep on Sunday because I could really use the rest :cloud9:

This weekend I plan to make my meal list. I am going to make as many homecooked breakfasts and lunches. Thankfully my new lunchbag is shipping out today so I should have it by next week. I am still working on the gym part (:censored: nyc and it's expensive gyms *sigh*) of losing weight because honestly I am not an at home exerciser at this point, I get too distracted plus I live with my boyfriend and to be honest I don't want to exercise in front of him (don't ask, it must sound weird)

Did I mention TGIF????!?!?!?!?!? :carrot: I don't know about the rest of you but I need this weekend badly.

mommy2monkeys
11-04-2007, 08:08 PM
Hey chickies... sorry I have been MIA so long. We were all sick and then I broke a tooth and had to have a Halloween root canal :( . I am still so out of it, I haven't worked out in forever. I have probably gained all the weight back, if not more. :mad:

I want back on the wagon, really I do... I just don't know where to start. Stupid tooth...

I hope you all are doing great in November!!

mothermavis
11-05-2007, 06:14 AM
Bad weekend. Need I say more?
I am actually glad it's Monday.

Andi18
11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Mine was pretty good except for my beer mishap yesterday - I've been trying to avoid alcohol while losing the weight, but I was at the bar watching the MN Vikings game yesterday and had to have a nice tall cool glass of beer! :nono: I only had 1 glass though and after that I had about 4 glasses of water... I was able to contain myself! :lol:

I did go out and buy Resistance bands yesterday so I will start to incorporate those into my exercise journey. I also bought Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. That thing is awesome and :kickbutt: !! It has a workout program built into it, you can input your weight and it will keep track of how many calories you burn. Yesterday I burned over 100 calories in less than 15 minutes! Can definitely feel my heart rate increasing when I do this. I am going to get another pad so that my son can do it right along with me!

losinitin07
11-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi all I was here a few weeks ago just coming back now ,need support having a hard time getting this weight off so I'm here to make friends and get support. Thanks

mothermavis
11-06-2007, 07:06 AM
Welcome back to those of you returning.
Cindy, did you go out this weekend?????

OK, today is back on track day. I have been practicing the "just one bite won't hurt me" diet and as a result, I have put back on one of my hard earned lost pounds. No more of that.

Today I have done 35 crunches and 30 lower ab curls, I will take my 2 mile walk at lunch and I will have a bite of nothing that is not on my food plan....and I will vote.