Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds--October Daily Check-in

Michele L
10-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Hello all you beautiful walkers! This is the thread for people who use Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds! Feel free to stop by and report your walks and progress toward your goals! Or if you just want to ask a question, we're here for you!!!

Michele L
10-01-2007, 09:59 PM
This morning I got myself out of bed EARLY and did the first mile of the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk. I had hoped to do the rest this evening, but had to shuttle kids here, there and everywhere.

Cassie501107
10-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh my, I forgot is was time for an October thread! I'll restate what I wrote in the September thread.:)

This morning I did 3 Fast Miles

This evening, I did Walk And Kick

:D

CountingDown
10-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks to Cassie, I found the Walk Belt and 3 Fast Miles DVD at Wal-Mart. So of course I had to try it out - love using the walk belt :)

mom2mollie
10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
I've never heard of this and just looked it up. Have y'all gotten really good results from these videos?

Daimere
10-01-2007, 11:12 PM
I'll repeat what I last said in the last thread.

cathyxxx-I work with the before and afterschool programs with the YMCA(even though I get a free membership and live right down the street), I workout at home. I have my schedule set to were I do strength training on the days I do before and after school. It gives me 4 hours to work out but sometimes it's hard to pry away from the computer. I try to workout before the afterschool because that's more hectic and after chasing kindergarteners around I don't feel much like it. If I do feel like it, I don't have to worry about 30 minute HAVE TO and then I'll add a quick leslie workout(that's what I love about the 1 miles. ^_^) I hate my job sometimes but the schedule is almost perfect for me to fit in all my exercise. ^_^

And before I went back to work I did the 2 mile. Although my thighs/butt is still feeling that 3 mile(where you knee life from a wider stance..YOUCH!). Tomorrows cardio day, I wonder if I will push for that 3 mile or just stick with my 2. Hmm

Oh and are the other WATP videos a little varied? I really like WATP but I want to change them up a little with difference ones, especially ones like the 30 one where I have all that chatter memorized.

Daimere
10-02-2007, 12:25 PM
I did 2 mile today. I didn't really push myself so I might have to redo it tonight. I just keep getting distracted while walking and feel the need to unpack. O.O So, I totes unpacked while walking. Lol

Cassie501107
10-02-2007, 07:22 PM
Mom2Mollie, I've gotten great results. I love WATP.

This morning, I did 3 mile super fat burning walk w/3lb weights

This evening, I did Fast Start 2 miles.

Daimere
10-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Mom2Mollie-I like it cause I can convince myself to do them almost no matter what. I think, come on, Shannon, it's only walking. You can do it! And I like how you can choose how long you want to go(I got a 3 pack). So, if I want to add to a strength training routine, I add the 18 min. For normal cardio, 30, and REALLY push for that 49 min one.

losinitin07
10-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I have the Walk diet (WATP 's tape) and 1 mile and the 3 mile If it is cold or rainy I do one of the three and I love the work out and I can do each one on a different day kinda mix it up. Today I did 1 mile WATP tape and walked 2 miles.:dizzy:

hellcatjill
10-02-2007, 10:42 PM
I recently started WATP and I LOVE it! I have the 1 & 2 mile Express and just bought two of the Walk Slim series DVDs (actually, two 2-packs).

Tonight was the third night in a row that I did the 4 Fast Miles (with intervals--whew!) DVD. I really hope to make myself do it for 10 days in a row, so 7 more days to go!

Cassie501107
10-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Welcome ladies!

I did 3 mile express this morning. I was supposed to do another 2 miles tonight, but I got busy with my kiddos.:(

Daimere
10-04-2007, 01:07 PM
I had a dream that everyone in this thread met at WalMart and bought Walk Away your Waistline with the belt together. Although when I woke up I was dissapointed that I didn't have the belt and it was only a dream. Rofl

Cassie501107
10-04-2007, 07:34 PM
I had a dream that everyone in this thread met at WalMart and bought Walk Away your Waistline with the belt together. Although when I woke up I was dissapointed that I didn't have the belt and it was only a dream. Rofl

Hahaha! That's too funny!

This morning I did 4 fast miles

I got 2 of my new DVD's in the mail today, so I did the cardio section only of Karen Voights Firm & Burn.:carrot: I liked it!

Cassie501107
10-05-2007, 09:59 PM
This morning- Walking For Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker

This evening- Walk Away Your Waistline with walk belt.

:)

losinitin07
10-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Today I did 2 miles from the 3 mile tape( a little on the lazy side I think lol) Hubby had me up at 3:30 he had to be at church for a hunters breakfast so my butts been dragging all day at least I got the 2 miles in :carrot:

Daimere
10-06-2007, 08:34 PM
So, I think the WATP is really helping. Today I did Cardio Flex Band and she does kick backs, too. Usually my legs are screaming but I totally did them easily and she did them longer than Leslie!

Cassie501107
10-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Leslie works wonders!:D

I got my 3 new Leslie DVD's that I ordered today, so I could WAIT to try the New 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk...LOVE it!

This morning: 4 Fast Miles

This evening: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk w/3lb weights.

That's 7 miles for today!:carrot:

Daimere
10-06-2007, 10:56 PM
The next two things on my queue for Netflix is Walk slim and Weight loss walk. I think on Tuesday I should be getting Walk Away the Pounds Express.

Cassie501107
10-06-2007, 10:59 PM
The next two things on my queue for Netflix is Walk slim and Weight loss walk. I think on Tuesday I should be getting Walk Away the Pounds Express.

I own all of those, and I think you'll LOVE Walk Slim and the new Weight Loss Walk..Mary Kay as a mile on it, and it's pretty intense!

Daimere
10-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I own all of those, and I think you'll LOVE Walk Slim and the new Weight Loss Walk..Mary Kay as a mile on it, and it's pretty intense!

I can't wait to try them. I'm thinking of returning the tapes I have now just to get them sooner. Which one is Mary Kay? I'm horrible at names. Blah.

I think I'm going to do the 3 mile today. It hurt for days after last week but after yesterdays positive occurences I think I can kick it's butt. ^_^

Cassie501107
10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I can't wait to try them. I'm thinking of returning the tapes I have now just to get them sooner. Which one is Mary Kay? I'm horrible at names. Blah.

I think I'm going to do the 3 mile today. It hurt for days after last week but after yesterdays positive occurences I think I can kick it's butt. ^_^

Mary Kay is Leslie's right hand woman, lol. She has short-ish blond hair....Leslie usually calls her "Mar"

Cassie501107
10-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Oh, and Sunday's are my days off from exercise. I did sit down and write out an exercise schedule for the coming week, though...I love having so many DVD's to chose from!

Daimere
10-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I did that 3 mile walk and last week it kicked my butt. I had to push so hard to finish. Well, in just a week, I have gotten so much better/fitter because I didn't have to force myself to finish it. ^___^

losinitin07
10-08-2007, 07:59 PM
1 mile WATP / and a 2 mile walk:carrot:

Cassie501107
10-08-2007, 10:41 PM
This morning I did the new 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk

This evening, I did Fast Firming and 2 Mile Express

Daimere
10-09-2007, 12:47 PM
I got WATP Express. In some ways I prefered it and others I didn't. I liked that I saw the participants sweat. :p They go through the moves quickier(didn't stay in a move as long)/slowier(took longer to incoporate the arm exercises). They really don't give you options when NOT using the stretchie.

Either way, I did the 2 mile today.

hellcatjill
10-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey, girls, I'm joining you all!

I just finished a 10 day challenge that I set for myself. I was planning on doing the Walk Slim 4 mile every day, but some days I just didn't have time or the strength for it :( so I did the 3 Fast Miles on three of the days and one day I only did the 2 mi. Express.

I can't believe how much I LOVE WATP! I am SO uncoordinated, but even I can do these. I gained 49 pounds during my pregnancy (my baby is 2 1/2 months old), so I've got quite a bit of that left to shed. So far in the past 5 1/2 weeks I've lost 7 pounds. A big chunk of that was since I started doing WATP!

Cassie501107
10-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Shy Moment, you should be proud, girlie!
:carrot:

I did Walk Away Your Waistline with the walk belt this morning.

I did Walk & Kick this evening.

cathyxxx
10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
good morning gang :wave:

my mouth is finally healing up and I got up real early and did the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk with 2 lb hand weights.

Shy Moment - you should be proud! that is great! and you are definitely showing improvement if you made it thru a workout without using your inhaler! that is awesome! we are all at different places in our life and really can't compare ourselves or a fitness to someone else's. For instance - I don't know how in the world Cassie does miles in the morning and in the evening - and gets in 5 to 7 miles in a day - WOW - but I'm absolutely thrilled for her! But that is not even in my goal book - life keeps getting in the way - and I am absolutely THRILLED with myself if I get in 2 miles or 30 minutes.

Also, I notice that you've lost 20 lbs since May. AWESOME! tell us how you've done it. I love hearing others success stories ;-)

:cheer: CONGRATS to everyone on walking those miles :cheer: and on the weight losses y'all have posted. :cheer: that is AWESOME! :cheer:

I hope everybody has a great day!
hugs,
Cathy

October miles = 3
2007 miles = 126

cathyxxx
10-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Hey ShyMoment - thanks for the explanation! I love hearing this stuff! sounds like you have made some good healthy workable choices! that's great!

I take it you gave up the Mountain Dew? or did you just cut way back on it? a few months ago I gave up my caff free diet coke which is 0 calories but I felt that I was addicted to the stuff and I was drinking it instead of my water. I figured I was just drinking liquid chemicals so I gave it up. It was hard for about 2 weeks and then I haven't thought about it much since.

thanks for sharing what's working for you! AWESOME!
hugs,
Cathy

losinitin07
10-10-2007, 09:05 PM
3 mile WATP 's tape :smug:

Cassie501107
10-10-2007, 11:05 PM
This morning, I did 4 Really BIG Miles.

This afternoon, I managed to squeeze in Fast Firming

This evening, I did Fast Start 2 Mile Walk from the Walk Slim series.

How do I fit it in? I put other things on the back burner, lol. I am a stay-at home mom/full time student, but I make SURE that I get time in to take care of myself. Once I get to goal weight, I will likely cut my exercise back to 45-60 minutes a day, but for now...I love the endorphins and the feeling of strength that I get from working so hard...even if my dishes aren't always done.;)

hellcatjill
10-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Shy Moment--Doing all that extra stuff like cleaning the floors (especially on your hands and knees!) burns a lot of calories, too. So don't think that you're not getting exercise. ;)

As for how I fit it in, when I set the 10 day challenge for myself to exercise every day, there were days that I literally ended up doing it at 10:00 P.M. because I honestly had no time before that. I am a work at home mom, so taking care of a 2 month old baby and getting my work finished before each day's deadline is a real struggle, but I know that I need to get this extra weight off and I have to find time to exercise.

Yesterday was a rest day, but I'll be back at it today!

Daimere
10-11-2007, 08:52 PM
I broke down and bought 3 mile weight loss. If I don't like it(I doubt it though) I'll just sell it on ebay or shiz. But I left it in my moms car. But my WalMart only has WATP with weights(which I want just for the weights because it'd be nice to travel with!). I wanted the ab belt. Although they also had the walk belt but I figured I needed to wait for that.

cathyxxx
10-12-2007, 12:07 PM
hey gang :wave:

I did 2 miles of the 4 mile Super Challenge this morning. :carrot:

Daimere - you will LOVE the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk

later gaters

October miles = 5
2007 miles = 128

Cassie501107
10-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I forgot to post my exercise yesterday! Yesterday, I did 3 Fast Miles in the morning and Walk & Kick in the evening.

This morning, I did the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk (which I love;)), and this afternoon I will do Fast Firming. And finally, I'll do 2 Fast Miles this evening.

Have a great day, everyone!

Daimere
10-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Daimere - you will LOVE the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk
I was looking for my keys and found the DVD. Lol. I couldn't exercise today because my ankle is hurting and I do not want to wind up in a cast if I try to exercise on it today.

losinitin07
10-12-2007, 08:44 PM
3 mile WATP's tape this is a great work out luv it.:carrot:

Daimere
10-12-2007, 11:11 PM
I love how the weight loss walk has ____ lost 100 pounds or whatever. Very inspiring! Well I didn't get to get my tattoo but I walked 1/8 of a mile like 4 times because I went to the tattoo shop, forgot my wallet and had to go back and went back and it was closed. Lol

And my ankle hasn't bothered me again. I think it's something to do with using shoes I need to replace and how much I walk. Also since I noticed when it hurts, my knee hurts more. So, I am thinking from when I stepped on my knee really bad the other day, I've stepped differently which is taxing my ankle. I read it in one of my knee books that when something is out of balance, we tend to step differently to not feel pain.

Michele L
10-13-2007, 01:01 PM
I just did the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk after 10 days of NO FITNESS! It felt great! My new schedule is just making it next to impossible to workout during the week. I'm TRYING to make sure I walk a lot at work, and so far it's working. I'm averaging about 12000 steps a day at work. They're just not at a cardio pace.

Tomorrow I'm doing a 5K walk for breast cancer with my daughter, mom and 2 sisters. It's a family tradition, since mom is a 17 year survivor.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Michele :wave:

Cassie501107
10-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Hey, hey, hey!

I did 4 Really Big Miles this morning, and I'm getting ready to do 2 miles here in a few.

Michele L
10-13-2007, 06:36 PM
I can't believe it, but I just added 2 more miles to my day! I did the 2 mile Express with the pink stretchie band and it was a good workout! I noticed that my heart rate monitor didn't go up nearly as much as with her newer workouts, but it was good. I'll have to find ways to modify to get it up even more!

Liliann
10-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to share with you and even though am not active on this monthly,,but do read and it is very encouraging!!

This past week, Wednesday, I plunged on myself to do the 3 miles, super fat burning video with weights.. God, What a workout that I did.. and love it and managed on doing till the end. I love the walk and kick part of the workout..my favorite!!

I am going to do my best on making 47 minutes time for myself without my family interuptions. So I can challenge myself on that high energy 3 miles!!

Thank you all for sharing your Leslie workout ..It really inspiring me on moving.. So keep up the great work to all the wonderful walkers!:)

cbmare
10-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Hello Ladies,

Just wanted to share with you and even though am not active on this monthly,,but do read and it is very encouraging!!

This past week, Wednesday, I plunged on myself to do the 3 miles, super fat burning video with weights.. God, What a workout that I did.. and love it and managed on doing till the end. I love the walk and kick part of the workout..my favorite!!

I am going to do my best on making 47 minutes time for myself without my family interuptions. So I can challenge myself on that high energy 3 miles!!

Thank you all for sharing your Leslie workout ..It really inspiring me on moving.. So keep up the great work to all the wonderful walkers!:)

:carrot::carrot:

Good for you! You won't regret this.

cbmare
10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
It's been quite a while since I've been here. In fact, I think it was sometime in August!

Life has been throwing me quite a few curve balls and I've been addressing much of it. Anyway, I was doing my workouts throughout all of it.

I've recently had to go back down to the 1 & 2 mile walks. Why? My DH, boobalah, has decided to join me! After doing it every other day with him for 2 weeks, he understood why I got more dvds. I put in the 2 mile Fast Start yesterday. Boy! Was he ever glowing and huffing at the end. I think I'm going to take off early today and go do the Fast Firming with the stretchie or the WAT Waist one with the belt.

It's good to be back. I've missed you all.

Cassie501107
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
HI cbmare!
And hello to everyone else! I did 3 Fast Miles this morning, and then some strength training tonight.
I'm feeling really exhausted tonight, I think the lack of sleep is getting to me.:dizzy:

cbmare
10-16-2007, 12:32 PM
boobalah and I did the 2 Fast Start miles this morning. It was cold in the back room when we started. We were both wearing our sweat bands by the end. I went home from work yesterday and did the Walk Away The Waist one with the belt. Great workout.

Cassie501107
10-17-2007, 09:46 AM
I can't lie, I do get exhausted from all the exercise sometimes, lol.

Yesterday, I did Walk Away Your Waist Line and 2 Mile Walk (Old school!).:D

Daimere
10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Yesterday I did 2 it and did all 3 miles which is pretty good considering I am coming back from a 4 day break. Today, I had more energy/less sleep and did all 3 miles. I LOVED MARY KAYS MILE. She is a killer though! Whew. I think what really helped me today was that I started to destress. I was stressing about my new tattoo and today, I realize it's fine and it's perfect. Then, my energy just SOARED.

Tomorrrow I go to my grandmas. I'm going to workout and try to walk around. I'm hoping to defeat the 1 mile walk to the church and the 1 mile back! Surely if I've walked 1 mile two days out of the week during the summer for 2 months and I can do a 3 mile power walk with Leslie, I can do a country road with hills walk? I'm going to push for it!

cbmare
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
We did the Fast Firm with stretchie after work today. boobalah didn't think it was going to do much. Boy was he huffin' and puffin' and sore shoulders and legs. He said that was something he didn't expect.

The 2 mile Fast Walk is set up for tomorrow morning.

cbmare
10-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Before I dug a hole for her and planted a tree so she couldn't get out.

:rofl:

boobalah and I did the 2 mile Fast Start again. He's now understanding why I would get up at least 30 minutes earlier than I needed. I told him I don't like to rush stretching and he shouldn't because his calves are bothering him. We'll see what happens next week.

cbmare
10-18-2007, 12:34 PM
cb
I still say she is a rat lol.

:lol3::rofl::lol3:

Cassie501107
10-18-2007, 04:29 PM
Grrr..homework is keeping me too busy!
Yesterday, I took a break from Leslie. I did Fa Burning Workout for Dummies in the morning, and Burn & Firm with Karen Voight in the evening.

Today, I worked out with Leslie again...I missed her already.:p
Morning-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
Evening- 2 Mile Walk Aerobics (I like this older DVD!)

cbmare
10-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Grrr..homework is keeping me too busy!
Yesterday, I took a break from Leslie. I did Fa Burning Workout for Dummies in the morning, and Burn & Firm with Karen Voight in the evening.

Today, I worked out with Leslie again...I missed her already.:p
Morning-3 Mile Weight Loss Walk
Evening- 2 Mile Walk Aerobics (I like this older DVD!)

I love the Fat Burning Workout for Dummies. Gay Gasper really puts me through a workout. Tell me about Karen Voight's workout, please.

Leslie has some fat burning and fat burner workouts as well. Those put me through the paces, too.

Cassie501107
10-18-2007, 11:07 PM
I love the Fat Burning Workout for Dummies. Gay Gasper really puts me through a workout. Tell me about Karen Voight's workout, please.

Leslie has some fat burning and fat burner workouts as well. Those put me through the paces, too.

It was my first time doing the Fat Burning for Dummies workout..I really enjoyed it, and will be doing it again tomorrow.:)
The Burn & Firm DVD is by Karen Voight, and it's circuit training! 5 minutes of cardio, 6 minutes of toning, 5 more minutes of cardio, 6 more minutes of toning, one more 5 minute cardio interval, and then the longest toning section, covering the lower body and abs. Goodness, I was SO SORE after I did it the first time, lol. It's a good workout, but I don't have all of the cardio steps figured out just yet.
I have another one of hers called "Quick & Slim Cardio", and I did 16 minutes of it...not bad, but the moves got a bit tricky for my uncoordinated self, lol.

cbmare
10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
All these different videos you all do sound so good. I have going to have to look for some of them.

I'm going to look at the library for the Karen Voight ones.

I found Leslie at the library and kept checking them out until I finally decided to share with others and quit rechecking them. I went to Walmart and found 2 of hers. I got the fat burning/burner one from EBay.

Daimere
10-20-2007, 10:13 PM
I am back!

I did the weight loss walk on Thursday. Yesterday I saw their Walmart DID have the Walk belt with DVD, so I begged my mom for it and did that 3 mile. Today I walked to the church and back and MADE IT. I jumped up and down a bit. I am much fitter than I was this summer! Then, by the time I got home, I felt crummy so I only did 1 mile Leslie.

There was a difference with the walk belt and really made me crunch up. But also, it seemed like that 3 mile wasn't as hardcore as 3 mile weight loss walk. So, now I have three 3 mile DVDs.

My brother saw me doing them and said he could actually do them. He's only afraid working out regularly would change his eating habits. LOL By the way, he only eats McDonald's fries! Rofl

CountingDown
10-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Did the walk strong 2 mile with the stretchie tonight. DH joined me for the first time ever. Woohoo!!!!

Now that the weather is turning colder, he said he would join me regularly :)
Now if I can just get him to do my "Dance of the Inches" DVDs too - LOL

cbmare
10-21-2007, 01:27 PM
Did the walk strong 2 mile with the stretchie tonight. DH joined me for the first time ever. Woohoo!!!!

I posted around here that boobalah, my DH, is joining me now. He can feel it working.

Now that the weather is turning colder, he said he would join me regularly :)
Now if I can just get him to do my "Dance of the Inches" DVDs too - LOL

What is this one?

We did the 3 mile express this morning. boobalah is proud of himself because the first time we were doing the 1 mile express and he dropped out half way. Since then we've been doing 2 miles. I think I'll bump him up to the 4 mile express next weekend. Then maybe he'll be ready for the 5 mile fast walk with the stretchie, weights and belt. We only have 1 belt, so he'll get to use it.

Cassie501107
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Daimere, isn't it great to feel more fit?

I've been forgetting to post my exercise here, but I have been doing it as usual. Yesterday I did 4 Fast Miles in the morning and Walk Away Your Waistline in the evening.

No exercise today, as it's my day off [Sunday].

Keep walkin', girls!:carrot:

Daimere
10-22-2007, 09:04 AM
Daimere, isn't it great to feel more fit?
Without a doubt! I've not walked that stretch in probably 7-10 years. After 9 or 12, my mom stopped leading the family on those walks. I was really afraid I couldn't do it.

This is my birthday week, so I'm going to try to amp things up with the exercise to balance the eating out and last week. Although I plan to eat good 2/3 times that I eat out and I don't expect cake.

Daimere
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
I just did super fat burning 3 mile. And I did it with weights!

cbmare
10-23-2007, 12:26 PM
We didn't do anything yesterday but did the Firming with stretchie this morning.

God please be with everyone in So Cal and all the rescue workers.

UntilMOMMI
10-23-2007, 01:53 PM
I did the 3-mile (45 min) WATP dvd today. I did it with 3 lb weighted balls instead of the belt. I felt good afterwards and recovered quickly too!

Cheree
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I love Leslie Sansone WATP videos. I'm thinking of getting a new one and found Leslie Sansone: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk (2007) on Amazon.

Does anyone know if this is a completely new one, not one that she recorded years back and just re-packaged?

Thanks!
Cheree

sxulcmnky
10-23-2007, 03:45 PM
reading everyone's reviews have made me want to go get the video.

what are these weight strap things you guys are talking about

Cassie501107
10-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I love Leslie Sansone WATP videos. I'm thinking of getting a new one and found Leslie Sansone: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk (2007) on Amazon.

Does anyone know if this is a completely new one, not one that she recorded years back and just re-packaged?

Thanks!
Cheree

It's brand new, an fantastic.:D

Cassie501107
10-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Monday I did the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk

Yesterday morning I did 3 Fast Miles
Last night I did Walking for Weightloss with Debbie Rocker

I'm still trying to decided which workout to do right now, so I'll have to post it later.:p

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 09:30 AM
ok not weight straps... weight belts.. what are they

Cassie501107
10-24-2007, 09:40 AM
ok not weight straps... weight belts.. what are they

Walk belts! They go around your waist, and they have resistance bands to increase muscle usage while walking. :)

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Walk belts! They go around your waist, and they have resistance bands to increase muscle usage while walking. :)

thanks

are they at walmart too???

Cassie501107
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
thanks

are they at walmart too???

I was able to buy Walk Away Your Waistline with the walk belt at Wal-Mart for only $12.79! Check your Wal-Mart to see if their carrying it. Mine was in the sporting goods section, but some people have found them with the other fitness DVD's.:)

sxulcmnky
10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
sweet! thanks! i'm going there tonight so wish me luck:high:

Cassie501107
10-24-2007, 06:56 PM
I hope you find it! It's a great deal, the belt by itself is $20 on Leslie's site.:^:

This morning I did Fat Burning Workout For Dummies

This evening I did Walk & Kick along with some upper body toning with Karen Voight's Firm & Burn...upper body only section.;)

sxulcmnky
10-25-2007, 09:04 AM
ok i just ordered a video from amazon since they didn't have any in my walmart... got express shipping so i hope to start it next week... wish me luck. if i really like it, i will order some more for some variation.

and cassie, what is an example of what this belt thing looks like?

cbmare
10-25-2007, 11:24 AM
We didn't do one yesterday morning. I opted not to because I was meeting 2 friends for our yearly "Girls Playing Hookey Day". We met at Jack London Square in Oakland, had lunch then walked about 6 or 8 blocks before taking the ferry into San Francisco and walking all over Fisherman's Wharf. We walked for a minimum of 4 hours. Granted it was slow walking but that long has to have an affect.

cbmare
10-25-2007, 11:25 AM
We got up this morning and did the 2 mile fast walk.

cbmare
10-25-2007, 11:29 AM
ok i just ordered a video from amazon since they didn't have any in my walmart... got express shipping so i hope to start it next week... wish me luck. if i really like it, i will order some more for some variation.

and cassie, what is an example of what this belt thing looks like?

You might get to see a picture of it if you go to the WATP website.

I really like the belt. I went ahead and bought the Walk Away The Waist dvd. It uses the belt for the workout.

I found a kit at Target. It had another stretchie, the belt and hand weights with her 5 mile dvd. It was in the regular video section. I thought it would be in the exercise area, silly me. Anyway, it was about $30 which I felt was very reasonable. So, check out Target as well but look in both sections of the store.

sxulcmnky
10-25-2007, 12:47 PM
thanks!

Cassie501107
10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
This morning: Fast & Firm: 4 Really BIG Miles

This evening: Walking for Weight Loss With Debbie Rocker

I'm going to be doing the Debbie Rocker DVD at least 3 times a week, I hope...I don't like her near as well as I like Leslie, but she adds more lower body work, so my legs are getting more of a workout. Her walking is..blah.

Cheree
10-25-2007, 09:35 PM
We didn't do one yesterday morning. I opted not to because I was meeting 2 friends for our yearly "Girls Playing Hookey Day". We met at Jack London Square in Oakland, had lunch then walked about 6 or 8 blocks before taking the ferry into San Francisco and walking all over Fisherman's Wharf. We walked for a minimum of 4 hours. Granted it was slow walking but that long has to have an affect.

Hi neighbor!!!! Gotta love this weather! I live in Palo Alto (we just moved here this past June), and so far, I'm loving it. I know it will get cooler and we'll have rain soon, but for now, I'm enjoying it! Sounds like you had a great time with your friends.

Daimere
10-26-2007, 09:29 AM

Trust me, it does! I walked alot at least a mile at least twice a week plus more during the summer. I lost 25 pounds with hardly any change in diet because of the 2 months of working the summer camp.

cbmare
10-26-2007, 01:20 PM
We did 2 miles of the 3 mile WAT Waist. boobalah used the belt. He prefers the stretchie. I think I'll have him do one with the weights this weekend.

Cassie501107
10-26-2007, 08:20 PM
This morning: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk

This evening: Walk & Jog, plus some upper body work with Karen Voight.

cbmare
10-27-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, we unloaded the truck today. We pack it every spring for camping. Now that the season is over, we did all the heavy lifting and moving.

Then we did the 2 mile fat burner walk with weights. boobalah likes using the weights, so we may dig out my scuba ankle weights and use those as well.

Shy, you'll get there. None of us could do the 3 - 5 miles when we started.

Daimere
10-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Shy, you'll get there. None of us could do the 3 - 5 miles when we started.
Yes, I just now have been able to do the 3 miles regularly!

Cassie501107
10-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Shy Moment, don't hang your head! You're exercising, and that's wonderful. You'll have your endurance built up in no time.:)

I only got to work out once today, because I had to go to fun night @ my daughters school...I did Tae Bo Cardio this morning.:cool:

cbmare
10-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Shy, my knees hate me. I have to lighten up on some of my workouts at times. It's better now but it took months and months of constant workouts.

We got up and did the 3 mile fast walk. Boy! Were we ever glowing!

cbmare
10-29-2007, 10:42 AM
Shy, I know what you mean about picking someone out. On one of mine there is a couple, Carl and Regina, who work out with her. boobalah saw them and asked about them. Now when we do workouts, he knows some of their names.

We did the Fast Firm this morning. I'm concerned about his back. He did something to it and I really think he should take a few days off but it's his choice.

cbmare
10-29-2007, 01:52 PM
cb
You know men don't take care of themselfs. That is our job. Make him take it easy.

Ain't it the truth! It has to have something to do with the penis.

cbmare
10-30-2007, 11:22 AM
Well! boobalah took my advice and took the morning off from exercising. I'm glad he is working out but inside I've been barking that I'd like to workout by myself for a change. As I was lying in bed, I reminded myself of that and my inner voice yelled, "GET UP you idiot!" This is your time! So, I did the 45 minute Fat Burner.

It's an older version. You can tell by the big hair. Also, Mary Kay is rail thin! I think she actually looks better in the newer ones. She looks a bit younger.

Who among us would love to have Jo's figure?

Cassie501107
10-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Grrr..I have been so busy!

Yesterday I did Walk Away Your Waistline and 3 Fast Miles

Today I did Fat Burning for Dummies in the am and Walking for Weightloss with Debbie Rocker in the pm.

cbmare
10-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I didn't do one this morning. I think I'll try and bounce on my rebounder when I go home. I can do that while I watch my soap. I'm going to be back on the dvds tomorrow morning.

There is a clearance at gaiam.com. You can get something like 6 of Leslie's dvds for under $10 for all of them and the shipping costs are not bad.

cbmare
10-31-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm not familiar with miracle mile. I wish we lived closer so I could team up with you against "the rat".

MommytoGirls
10-31-2007, 11:32 PM
I have heard about these videos but aren't familiar with them. How do they work? Do you use a treadmill to walk with them?

MommytoGirls
11-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh cool! That sounds perfect for me! I will have to check them out!