Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #269

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #269

Marti
10-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support:grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

Marti
10-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Good evening ladies! :wave:

Well, I was up and out of the house by 7:15a.m. Too early! :dizzy:
But it's only for a week, so I can live with it.

Jane--Hurray for another 2lbs down. You're doing fabulously and I'm proud of you!! My WI was down .5lbs. Better than a gain I suppose. I think I need to work out more....I'm eating very good and keep my portions and fat content at bay. 12 weeks until Christmas.....well let me tell ya....September got by me so darn fast! Seriously, it was shocking to be dating everything today for Oct. 1st. I better get my rear in gear and get my homemade gifts started.

Sassy--I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your hubby gets the job. It sounds like it would just be perfect for the both of you...and being closer to family is a bonus. (you did say you'd be closer to family didn't ya?) Did you get your TV all hooked up??

Kathy--Surprises are always nice. I thought I was having another boy when I carried Jhanai. I just KNEW I was having one....boy was I surprised when I was told I have a little girl! When is she due? As for decorations...I got sidetracked and didn't get any. Next weekend I'm hoping to.

Mindee--Tell me more about this Christmas store you're going to. My favorite thing is going to this Christmas bizarre at the Expo in Portland. Ton's of homemade gifts and food and stuff. I don't really buy much, I just enjoy the cheerful atmosphere, and the fact that my hubby doesn't mind tagging along.....makes him perfect! :D

Cristina--Yeah on walking. I've been getting better w/walking too....but I think I need to do more. Going to find a core workout to do. My middle is just not too pretty.

Tammy--I've closed the other thread so you weren't last....now you can be one of the first!

Not a lot going on tonight. I'm tired and will be going to bed early. I need to walk first. That's always a priority. At least some form of exercise.

Ok....time to find something for dinner before it gets too late.

Have a good night ladies!

Marti
10-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Trish--Hope you found this spot. Feel free to just pop right in. We'd love to get to know you more. Happy to have you a part of the group.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

pattygirl63
10-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Hi Everybody, Thanks Marti for the welcome and yes, I found this spot and it is great to be a part of this group. I am pleased to say that I have had two really good days back on my WW Plan. Just taking it one day at a time.
Trish

suetalks
10-01-2007, 11:05 PM
HI ladies...We had a good day here. Mom did not get nauseous, her back didn't pain her and no chest pains. Plus, she is getting her appetite back (after losing 15 pounds that she couldn't afford to lose) I was able to get ALL of the laundry done and bed clothes changed. Even went out and weeded the flower bed I put lots of ferns in. Mom came out and walked around the yard for quite awhile. *fingers crossed* that we have hit on the proper meds. to keep her feeling well.
DD brought us a pot of baked potato soup for dinner, DH un-loaded the dishwasher and washed the dormer windows. I am getting all kinds of help, so things are easier than I feared they would be.
Tomorrow I am going to get back to biking and exercising...come h**l or high water. :)

Hi Trish and welcome. Hello to everyone else and thanks for the good vibes sent my way. Looks like they are working.

Shy Moment
10-01-2007, 11:25 PM
suetalks
I am glad to hear your mother is doing better. I am sure glad to see you are getting the help you need.

Marti
Always be happy with the lose. You have less to lose now than you did before.

Jane
Way to go, feels nice doesn't it.

Kathy
When I had my daughter they didn't know the whole time what the baby was going to be. I KNEW. Right after she was born I yelled WELL WHAT IS IT the doc started laughing, he said you said it was a girl the whole time you have been carrying it, why are you asking me. YUP was a girl.

Marti
10-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies--
I set my alarm for 'extra' early so I could get a walk in. So 2miles down and now I need to hit the showers and then breakfast................then, off to work I go.

Trish--Glad you found us here. Happy to hear that WW is working well for you. Jane is also doing WW. You two can chat about that when she comes in.

Sue--Oh so happy to hear your mother did well! And what a wonderful family you have to help you out so you don't feel overwhelmed. Your family all deserve a big hug! :hug:

Rennie--You are so right. A loss is a loss. And I'll take anything.

Good morning to the rest of you out there.

Ok, I need to manage my time here so that means I need to get off this thing. You all have a great Tuesday and I'll chat w/you later.

Jane
10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Hello ladies,

Tammy - I'm hoping everyone reads all the posts on the last thread when we start a new one. Anyway, glad to see you and I hope you're back soon.

Marti - yay for the .5! :cp: It all adds up, right? You're doing great with the exercise.

Rennie - yep, it does feel nice to lose.

Cristina - miss you!

Sassy - sorry the vacay is over - how's the re-entry to the job going?

Mindee - like Marti, I'd like to know more about the Christmas store, too. Btw, when's your next visit from the nutritionist who cooks with you?

Trish - I just re-started WW 2 weeks ago, and don't know why it took me so long to get back in the right frame of mind. Glad you found us - I think you'll like it here.

Sue - glad your mom is better, and that everyone is chipping in and helping with cooking, cleaning, etc.

Hello to everyone else. :wave:

I've been working on the 2 pioneer dresses. All I have left to do is have the girls try them on for length, and then sew on the bottom ruffle.

Food, water, and exercise is all going well. :carrot: I bought the WW cookbook, and want to try some of the recipes. Seems like we eat a lot of the same stuff, over and over. :dizzy:

Still have to do my iTunes stuff, so I better skeedaddle. Have a good one, chickas.

luckycharm
10-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Hi everyone

Just popping in to say a quick hi. Got home from work late, so now I must run and make supper. Biggest Loser is on tonight. Will have to watch that...

Chat later.

Marti
10-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Good Evening ladies! :wave:

How are you all doing? How did the day go w/exercise and eating? Mine went well. I know I could do much better in both areas but at least I'm working on it. I feel good about that.

I didn't want to get up early this morning just to walk, but I did and felt great the rest of the day. Just something I must do. I suppose. I think I may do some sort of work out tonight.......just not sure what yet.

My eating is ok. I can definitely improve. Portions are good but I need more veggies. And I must get in more water. I'm not sure why it's such a difficult thing for me! Will have to make a better commitment to that.

All in all....I rate today: Good :)

( Poor: :( Good: :) Great: :D Fantastic: :carrot: )

:lol: I've got way to much time on my hands.

Jane--Is there some kind of event coming that you're making pioneer dresses? Or is this for Thanksgiving time? They sound adorable.....please post a photo once you're done.

Kathy--I can only watch part of Biggest loser tonight....Hubby has two other shows that are being recorded...and I've been a tv hog lately. You'll have to tell me who got voted off.

Hello to the rest of you gals.

Ok...I have some cleaning up to do. You all have a great evening.

pattygirl63
10-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for the welcome. I had another really good day. Haven't had a hard time staying within my points for the day. Drank lots of water and did a little exercise. Have to be careful with my knee until I get it stronger so it doesn't hurt. Losing the weight will help that.

Jane - Are you using the Core or Flex Plan? I like some things about the Core Plan, but I really need to structure of the Flex Plan. I don't trust myself to stop when satisfied. I have done that in the past, but I'm not sure I know what that is right now so I am safer with the portion control of counting pts with Flex Plan. I also find that when eating out that I have to eat less to keep the pts in check.

Hope we all have had a really good day.

Trish

Jane
10-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Marti - I like your rating system, and may use it myself, if you don't mind. I'd give myself a :D for today. Food has been great, but exercise no so great. The dresses are for Pioneer Day at school. And sure, I'll post a picture when I get one Friday.

Trish - I'm doing Flex. I tried Core when it first came out, and knew it was not for me! Like you, I can't be trusted with a plan that doesn't limit portions. That's how I got in trouble in the first place. :D I don't eat out much, but when I do, I plan ahead with my restaurant print out, if possible. Btw, my knee is also messed up. I hurt it almost 2 weeks ago, but it's getting better.

Well, since we have a new computer, I had to reload my cds to iTunes for my iPod. It's all done now, thank goodness. Katie was here this evening, and it was good talking with her. I don't get to see her as much as I'd like - usually just once or twice a week, now that she goes to the laundramat in town, lol.

Getting sleepy - nighty night, ladies. :hug:

Shy Moment
10-03-2007, 01:33 AM
I hate late nights. Can't sleep, everyone is in bed. Walking around the house with nothing to do. Sit here and read posts lol. At least I am not eating but drinking a ton of tea. Bet my carb count isn't pretty when I check it in the morning lol.

Marti
10-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Ladies--

I'm tired. I got to bed at 12:30....up by 5:30. :dizzy:

I got in a 30 min. workout last night using the Exercise on Demand. There are so many different workouts out there! I found one for Billy Blanks Tae Bo.......I have to say, I enjoyed it! But seriously need to find a sports bra to hold the girls together a little better. They had a mind of their own!

So, no walking this morning since I'm lacking sleep and slept in a bit. Will walk tonight.

Must start my day w/breakfast (Oatmeal & a cup of coffee) before I go so I better get off here.

Will do personals another time.

Until then.

FrouFrou
10-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Just a short hello for now.

Did my 3 miles at the park this morning. It's getting a little cooler and still dark at the time I used to walk so going a little later than usual. Still nice though, nice and cool. Going to do a mile or two on the treadmill as well. Yesterday did weights, rode my bike and did my 2 mile WATP. Will be doing that on Tues & Thursdays. Man, did my shoulders and arms ache after. Food is going well. I am down one pound this week but it is the pound I gained from the wedding weekend. It's all good though. I'll take it though...hoping to be at least another pound down come WI next week! Better...as much as I have been working my booty! Anywho...

Hi to everyone :wave:

PinkSands
10-03-2007, 02:44 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies :wave:

Sorry I haven't been around haven't been feeling up to par, allergies have kicked in, I really really hate fall, my eyes have been so bad I can hardly see anything, I feel like I am underwater LOL...been doing Turbo Jam and Hip Hops Abs everyday but my walking has suffered, been getting raging headaches and dizzy every afternoon sigh this is the time every year I actually look forward to the first freeze LOL...well I just wanted to check in and let you all know I was still breathing, Hope everyone is doing well, have a Good Day All.

Pink Jane

sz2atheart
10-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Happy Hump Day Ladies!!

Jane--I'm glad to hear that you had a wonderful time on your get away. Those pioneer dresses bring back memories when I made my dd one for pioneer day. She was in the second grade. You seem to be doing great on WW! I finally broke my yo-yo dieting and lost another 1.4 this past week. I'm determined to stay in the 130's now.

Marti--WTG with the exercise. I've finally got back on track with dieting but my asthma has been acting up so I'm using that as an exuse for not exercising much now :rolleyes:

PJ--I loved all your WDW pics!! I'm so sorry that your allergies are also acting up. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Cristina--How are your allergies??

Kathy --Congrats on your new grandbaby to be!!

Mindy--I had to laugh about your wine!! I think I could down a full bottle of Verde about right now! Someone at our WW class says that he mixes Crystal Light with vodka. :D I couldn't stop eating at 6:30...maybe 8:30.

Mindee--I also didn't know that Tommy's job was with a temp service. How is he doing now?

Sassy--Congrats on getting a new TV and home theater system. My dh bought a new HDTV last year and I wouldn't let him until we found a stand to put it on that matched the same oak cabinets that surrounded our big screen. The old TV fit perfectly inside the cabinets which are between two windows. The new TV would need to be sitting on a cabinet and it was hard finding a tv and a stand that first matched and then fit in the space. He has looking at black techno modern stands and I thought it would look like "little house on the prairie meets the jetsons" with the oak so we finally found a stand that we could stain to match. It looks beautiful. We also love to just sit and relax in the evenings and watch TV. You should have seen our new list of shows to TIVO last week. One would have thought that we did nothing but watch TV!!

Sue--I'm happy to hear that things are a little better with mom. Still thinking about you and wishing the best.

Big hugs to all that I missed :hug: I've been busy as usual. Spent the weekend fall decorating. I bought a few new prints from a local artist that I love and figured that I would mat and frame myself. Big mistake!!! I've done it before but this time I tried several times and my blade kept slipping and the mats turned out terrible. My dd said she thought I was going for the "rugged look". So I guess it's off to Michaels and pay them to mat the prints.

WW is going well. I would love to lose another 8 lbs. Still got too much back flab and double chin. My plan for hitting the big 50 in December, as most of your know, is to rid my face of the big ol' bags under my eyes. I never got my final pics done after getting my tummy tuck 2 years ago and know when I go back to see the PS, he will want to take some so....need to get the last of this weight off. I wonder how much it would cost to add lipo of my chin!! I need to start playing the lottery ;)

Gotta run the vacum and get ready to dance tonight! Oh, Oh, almost forgot that for those that watch Bro & Sis....a co-worker and I did some "spoilers" search and found out that Justin doesn't die...it is supposed to be the son of one of Nora's military moms...the one that she was text messaging at the bridal shop.

Jane
10-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi Ladies, :wave:

Cristina - yay for the pound gone. Doesn't matter when it's from, at least it's gone now, right? And you're putting us all to shame with your exercise! Btw, if you answered me on how Josh is, I missed it. Do you know when he will be home?

PJ - hope your allergies are better now.

Tammy - Crystal Light and vodka, hahahahaha!!! What a fun concept! Bet that member has other tricks going on. Woohoo for the 1 4 loss! Thanks for the Bros and Sis spoiler. I didn't think it would be Justin, but Neal did. About the ps - after I lose I'd love to get the wattle taken off my chin/neck area because I know it'll be back with a sizeable loss. But that isn't any less attractive than all the weight I'm carrying. I'm wondering at what age we'll say, to **** with it all? I'll be on my death bed wondering if I have any points left, lol.

Hello to Mindee, Marti, Sue, Kathy, Mary Kate, Rennie, Trish and anyone else I may have forgotten to mention.

I'm ready for my afternoon snack - a few baked sweet potato fries from the oven and an orange. I did my walk this morning while it was still cool outside. I'm loving this fall weather.

TTFN,

sz2atheart
10-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Jane--I had to laugh at the wattle neck. I'm afraid that the ps will tell me that if I get it lipoed, I'll be left with too much skin hanging. Sucks getting old!! :tantrum:

pattygirl63
10-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the laughs. I hate the wattle neck I've developed lately. DD works in the office of an ENT and his brother who is a plastic surgeon shares the offices. I've thought of a face lift, but sounds "too painful" and I'm chicken. I wonder if I will change my mind if & when I ever get all this weight off.

PJ - Sorry to hear about your allergies and hope you get to feeling better.

I had a really fantastic day. I not only stayed OP and drank my water, but I also got out and helped my DH with some yard work for exercise which is a real accomplishment for me. I actually talked myself into it with "no I don't really want to or feel like it, but it is exercise so I am going to do it". I did a lot of huffing and puffing, but I did it. Yeah!!!!!!!!! :) :)

Trish

Sassy_Chick
10-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Hi Everyone. :wave:

We got our TV and its all set up and it is really nice. DH is holding off on the Home Theater System until this Friday, he found one he likes better at another store. We got a new tv stand too, it looks really nice, like we're actually adults now! lol. DH got his X-Box 360 too and it is really cool I might say! lol. It is his Anniversary Gift and he has been working hard so I thought he deserved it. :)

Now on the next note I have something on mind so if your in a hurry or just not in the mood, I totally understand if you want to skip......

DH sent in his resume' for the job in Indiana, haven't heard anything yet, they were supposed to have met today about it. But now MIL called DH today and kinda laid a BIG guilt trip down on him about moving to Indiana. I think I've told you ladies about their health situation isn't in the best. Well I guess its not getting any better and so MIL was saying to DH that if we move to Indiana they don't know what they will do, etc, etc.

Ok 1st -- its not like we are moving 1,000 miles away, we will only be 1 hour and a 1/2 away tops. 2nd -- why do we have to stay here and work crappy jobs or commute 1 1/2 each way just to stay close to them? I love his parents, I truly do and I would never ever not be there for them, but this is a HUGE opportunity for my DH. So when DH told me all of this it kind of upset me.

So I just told DH that if he gets the job we can move half-way in between Ohio (where we live now and his parents live) and Indiana (where he applied for the job and where my family lives) and since he will be making more money and most likely my mother will be moving in with us, I could work part-time and take his parents to dr appts, take him mom to the grocery, etc. I mean I can't do the manual labor like they have DH do, but I think they have to realize that we have our own lives too and maybe it is time to hire a handy man or even a high-school teen who wants to earn some extra $$. Also they have a neighbor who is younger than us who told them he does not mind to help them out anytime they need it, they just have to ask. But they would rather ask DH. I understand about being proud or whatever but sometimes I think you just got to put that aside.

They won't move out of that house so its not like we can buy a bigger house and just have them and my mother (God Help us) lol in one house because they refuse to move. They want us to move back in with them, that is what it comes down too. We lived with them for 3 yrs while we were struggling financially and they were going through some health problems. Well they loved having us there 24/7 and ever since we moved (been like 5 yrs or so now) they keep trying to make us feel guilty.

They moved in with MIL's mom when she needed help, but they lived right in town and it worked out for them. Now they want us to do what they did, kind of a "payback" I think of what they did for MIL's mom. (she has since passed on)

I don't want to sound selfish but I feel like they want us to be just like them and we are not like them. I want to help them and feel terrible about how I feel about having DH take the job, if he gets it. But my DH has worked VERY hard and he deserves it! I am willing to do whatever I can so that he can take this job. I know I am not DH and can't do everything he can do, but I can do a lot to help out. I honestly do not have a career that I want, the one "career" I truly want I haven't been able to ful-fill. (being a stay-at-home mom) :cry:

Anyways. So sorry to leave this at your all's door step but it has been on my mind since DH told me and I can't concentrate on anything here at work because of it. :( Only 8 more hours to go! :dz:

Thanks for listening.

I will do individuals tomorrow when I'm off.......;)

:hug:

Marti
10-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Just a quicky this morning.

Got a good walk in last night. Legs are feeling tight today! Eating is still pretty good but of course can STILL improve. I can always improve.

I still rate yesterday as good: :)

I'm in a poor mood this morning and wish I knew why. Lack of sleep maybe? Not enough exercise? Or perhaps I'm just not quite awake yet. Let hope a cup of coffee will help some..... poor co-workers!

Gotta go. I'll catch up sometime later.

suetalks
10-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Marti- I can relate to the bad mood. Hope you and I both improve as the day goes on.
Sassy- I say you are allowed to have the feelings that you do about the in-laws. They have asked a lot of your DH and I am sure you and he are both glad to do whatever you can for them. I, however, don't feel like it should be to the exclusion of your own lives. I think you are right to say you can help out and they can hire someone to take up the slack. DH should make it clear that you are both there in case of any MAJOR needs, and he will do what he can on week-ends, vacations ect. to help. There are even services that will drive seniors to medical appts. and such for a small fee. Just let them know that you are willing to help solve any difficulties, but that the job is too good for DH to pass up. *fingers crossed that he gets the job*

Well, ladies, I got my new bicycle and love it, even though the handlebars are really strange...wide set. I rode 2 miles in the morning yesterday and 2 in the evening. Not bad for having not ridden for 2 weeks.
Mom is back asleep after a bad morning, (as was yesterday's.) For some reason she does well later in the day. We called her cardiologist yesterday and I might have to call again today. They will get so tired of me...but I want her to be getting the best care. She, luckily, has an appointment with her family Dr. Wed. so I can ask some questions about her non-heart related illness.
That is my life in a nutshell........stress, and now at least I can relieve it somewhat with bike riding. :)
I was still 167 this week.....eating is up and down, all over the place.

Talk to you later and try for indies.

suetalks
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Sassy- Didn't mean to sound preachy.....just stating my view. I know I am one to talk as I dropped everything to care for Mom, but she lives here, so that is a little different.

Also...I colored my hair last night to cover the gray and it turned very red. Very red. I had always had red highlights in my mousy hair when I colored it, but tried to go one shade lighter and e-gads. Any advice?

Jane
10-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - maybe you had a bad dream that made you wake in a down mood. I've done that many times, and it's hard to shake.

Trish - yay for your accomplishments! :cp: I'm loving being back on WW, and don't know what took me so long to do it.

Tammy - yep, it sucks getting old, alright! I regret not losing and keeping it off back in the day when my skin had more elasticity. Hindsight's 20/20.

Sassy - I don't think you're being selfish at all! It only right that you live your own life, especially since you are willing to help. It's not like you'd be abandoning them, or anything like that. Please don't let them guilt you into staying if he gets the job, or moving in with them, either. I sincerely wish you do get your dream job of stay at home mom.

Sue - are you just trying to be a fiesty redhead, lol? If you want less red in a dye, maybe you should get the ones with "ash" in the name. That tones down the reds. Or did you pick an actual red color?

I've had a very fun day so far. Dixie and I had lunch and then shopped downtown for awhile. Then I got my hair colored, and it feels so much better. I had her leave the length, though. Then in a while Neal and I are meeting my sisters at the Eagles. I didn't get a darn thing done around the house, but oh well!

Food, exercise and water are all great. :carrot:

Tomorrow I'm not posting until the house is clean. This may take awhile. :o

Toodles, :hug:

pattygirl63
10-05-2007, 01:15 AM
Tough day. Not with the eating and drinking water, I am enjoying my WW Plan. DH and I had one of our unusual & rare bad days together. We are both on SS and together a lot. Just one of those days when nothing goes right. Everything worked out and we are fine. We have a lot going on right now. We just got back from a 2 week trip we took to see his son in IN. Wednesday, we leave to go to FL for his DD wedding and spend a week taking care of the children while she is on her honeymoon. We'll be gone another 2 weeks. We love going and look forward to it, but we have a lot to do to get ready to leave.

I guess a lot of it is my fault. I wanted to lose some weight before the wedding and I didn't do it. We meet her new to be in-laws next week and his mother dresses like she stepped out of a Vogue magazine. thin etc. Not me. So I guess I am depressed about it although it is aaaallllll my fault. Didn't want to exercise today, but I did finally do it. So I am pleased with myself for staying OP and not eating to appease my mood or quit. Guess I am finally learning something after all these years. So it started out bad, but did end up great as far as working the Plan.

Talk to y'all tomorrow.

Trish

Sassy_Chick
10-05-2007, 04:09 AM
TY Ladies. :hug:

I think your right. We can be there to help out -- when we can, but we can also help them find resources to help them out when we can't be around. Like the transportation that Sue mentioned. I have personally seen those everywhere! and they are completely handicap accessible too! (mil is disabled)

And IF DH gets the job and IF we move, then we can talk to their neighbors as well, they have lived in that same house for many, many years so the neighbors who have been there a while know them and love them.

The only thing is if they accept the help. But I think they are going to have too. Because as you all said, its our lives too and we are not them. If we do stay here, maybe if DH gets a decent job offer around here or something, or who knows if he gets a promotion at work, etc, then sure we'll find a nice house close to them and help out as much as we can.

But I think they have to realize they that have to give a bit too. My mother, who has lived a big majority of her life in the hometown where I was born/raised is willing to completely change her life. Up root herself out of her "comfort zone" and move up here with us. I realize it is only her and that is much easier than the in-laws, but I still think they have to realize that it can't be their way all the time, esp in their circumstance.In a magical non-reality world maybe, but not in the real world.

Anyway, Thanks for listening, I realize this has nothing to do with exercise or fitness, but it has been on my mind. So I do thank you all for being there.

Marti
10-05-2007, 11:24 AM
Morning Ladies..

Do great on the exercise. Walking everyday and adding some kind of workout from exercise TV some of the days.
Eating is good but can STILL improve. (always room for improvement)
So I'm going to have to rate yesterday as
Good: :)

I'm thrilled that it's Friday. Picking my girl up (no friends this weekend!) and we'll be doing some Halloween costume shopping. She's wanting to be, in HER words "A fairy thingy" Ok, so I don't necessarily know what the part "thingy" means, but I suppose I shall see! :lol:

I need to get moving. Time is ticking and I'm not fully dressed yet.

Catch up w/you all later!

Have a great Friday!

Shy Moment
10-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Marti
My daughter, age 17, is going to be a " band geek " oh my gosh have times changed lol.

Hello everyone
Going to be a good weekend. We are going to the camp grounds. While we are there going to a pow wow and then when we aren't busy going to walk around this wonderful little town that is close by. Going to be so much fun.

suetalks
10-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Thought I would show you all what my new bike looks like. Now is that an old lady bike or what? It is fun to ride, and safer for my old body I am sure. :)

Shy Moment
10-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Sue
oh my gosh, I have one that looks something like that. Got it as a kid and still have it. Since I haven't gotten any taller still works. To bad the seat doesn't fit my seat as well as it use to lol. What do you mean old lady bike. We just like classics lol.

Jane
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Good morning!

Trish - I know a couple of women who look like the MIL-to-be, and I say there are 3 little words they've never heard: "Attention KMart Shoppers". :rofl: You are a sweet lady and will be liked by them for who you are, not what you weigh. One of the Jaded Lady motos is: What I weigh is NOT who I am!" I'm full of sayings today, aren't I - sorry about that, lol. We will miss you while you're gone - you've already become one of the family. When is it you're leaving?

Sassy - glad to see you've got everything into perspective about the in-laws. Does your DH feel the same? I bet you'll be glad to know one way or the other about the job. Hope you don't have to wait too long.

Marti - aww, I wish I was shopping for halloween with my kids still. Oh! I took pics of the twins in their prairie dresses, and will attach them soon.

Rennie - sounds like a great time planned for the weekend. Have fun!

Sue - my bike is just like that, only maroon. And I had a big seat put on mine, lol. Like Rennie said, let's just call it "classic", lol.

Ok, I have to 'fess up. The house isn't all the way clean, but it's better than it was. I am turning into such a slob!

Food, water and exercise is all good! I get weighed tomorrow and am looking forward to it. I'm trying a new recipe next week - lentils and couscous. We love couscous, so I think it will be good. The turkey cutlets with feta was very good, and low points - maybe I'll post the recipe.

BBL,

Shy Moment
10-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Jane
Thank you, going to be a very nice weekend.

Jane
10-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Here's a photo of the twins in the pioneer dresses I made. Thank goodness you can't see a close-up, or you'd see all the mistakes!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/JanaCee/002.jpg

Shy Moment
10-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Jane
Oh they looks so cute.

FrouFrou
10-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...cute dresses! And GD's! About Josh...no idea when he will be home, waiting for his call, supposed to be this month sometime, soon I hope. Have the WELCOME home shirts for me and V and a banner for the front yard, I CAN'T wait!

MARTI...hope you are feeling better. Jhanais costume kind of sounds like mine, lol. Not sure what I want to be...I have the black tights with orange stripes and a black witches hat but can't find anything to wear with it, lol!

SUE...ummm, old persons' bike? No way! They are like the beach cruisers a lot of people, young people ride at the beach in CA. I LOVE your bike! I think of you when I go to the park and walk. There's a girl, I say girl because she is younger than me, lol. But shes not a kid...she rides around the park, in and our, and all around...about three times, probably more 'cause she's still there when I leave. But everytime I see her I think of you riding your bike.

RENNIE...hope you have a great weekend! I haven't been to a pow wow in a few years. Used to go a lot when the kids were younger.

TRISH...ditto what Jane said...it's not how much you weight that matters. If they are decent people they will like you for you, no what you weigh. :hug: Have a fun time at the wedding!

SASSY...I agree with the others...you guys have to live your own live. Your in-laws shouldn't be giving you guys the guilt trip. At the same time...it has to be both you and your hubby's decision and not just yours or his, or theirs.

TAMMY...vodka and crystal light, ick! Lol Of course I am not a vodka drinker so it is probably really good,lol. Allergies are much better. I have been taking a benedryl at night when I know I am going to be out walking the next morning. So far, so good. For some reason the claritin did not work at all, nor did the tylenol for allergies which usually work. I am needing a face lift too! I told V when I turn 50 but it may be more like 55'ish, lol.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Busy the last two days. Did my grocery shopping yesterday and then spent a few hours in the yard working. So I counted an hour mowing, and then I did my 2 mile WATP. Man, I was pooped! Today...went to the park for my 3 miles, then off to the recylcling center, if you will, it's just a drop off, a couple more errands and came home and stained some for the top of the pergola. V bought 2x4's to rip in half for the top this time so I thought I would stain them and then we could rip them and then I would just have the one side (ripped side) to stain and it will save lots of time. Also, did 15 mns. weights. Thought I better add that to my exercise. Was supposed to do it yesterday with the 2 mile WATP but I was sore from the day before, lol. I am actually liking how my calves are looking, lol. DD is tired of me talking about my muscles, lol. Anywho...

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

Shy Moment
10-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Frou
We have such a great time. Really don't know where this one is. Am going with some people so I haven't worried about how to get there lol.

FrouFrou
10-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Rennie...lol! Ha, I wouldn't worry either. Have a fun time!

Shy Moment
10-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Frou
MOTHER my daughter said to me, oh great those caps mean I am going to get yelled at. How can you go somewhere when you don't know where it is. Sigh, explaining myself to my 17 year old lol. I am going with grandma and gradpa, Wolf and a bunch of other people I am not worried about where I am going. My daughter, Oh ok, grandma and grandpa won't let you get into trouble.

Oh ya, like I am going to go out boozing it up, picking up a couple of boy toys and having a wild weekend lolol.

pattygirl63
10-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks Jane and Cristina for the words of encouragment. Loved the "Attention K-Mart shoppers" one. lol DH will love that one he use to announce them at K-Mart years ago before I knew him. Actually I am beginning to look forward to the whole thing. I decided they will either like me or they won't. I am me and I can't be anyone else. I am going to go with the attitude of having fun with family and friends and hope to make new ones. We leave for FL Wednesday morning and will be gone 2 weeks. I am hoping that DD has her enternet working so I don't miss any thing around here and can keep up with the October Callange I'm on.

Rennie - I love it. All those times that we worry about our kids and then the tables turn and they worry about us. lol Enjoy your week end.

Trish

Sassy_Chick
10-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi Ladies.

Marti -- Congrats on doing so well. ;) Have a fun time w/ your girl! :)

Sue -- I had a bike like that when I was a teenager, my father got it for me and at the time I just looked at it like OMG its an old lady bike! Eventually I sold it and got a 10-speed, which I had forever......Now I would kill to have that old bike back, it was comfy to ride! But you know how teenagers are! :rolleyes: Hope you have fun riding it! :D

Jane -- They look very cute!

Cristina -- TY. Yes of course its DH and I both decision, we already discussed it and we both agree that we have to live our lives for us and not for somebody else, even if it is his parents trying to guilt us. Sounds like your doing great! Good Job. ;)

Hello to everybody else, I hope you are doing well. :)

Well guess what? Our new glasses are IN! :D I am SO glad! No more "Sally's"!!! :D Besides that I have had a headache for about a week now and I think it is due to wearing these old glasses.

Oh and news on my DH's job that he applied for in Indiana? (he just told me) The superintendent changed his mind and wants someone with a teaching degree now. :cry: (DH does not have a teaching degree, his degrees are in computers) DH is sooooo disappointed and so am I. :cry: It was something he truly wanted and I feel awful that they did this! :mad: Its totally unfair!!! Why not have that requirement to begin with!!! I guess that is life though. I should have known better than to get my hopes up. :cry:

Its just really hard because my DH has worked SO HARD and he really wanted this. I know there will be other job opportunities, I know that, but its just like a smack in the face to me. Oh well at least my Uncle tried and for that I am appreciative. So I Guess the in-laws have nothing to worry about now, we'll probably be here until we die. :(

Sorry to be such a negative and depressive person, but I just can't help it right now. Oh yeah and my mom told me that my grandpa will be losing his other leg, its full of infection.....I guess when it rain it pours. :cry:

I'm going to go now I'm sure I'm a real delight to have around........lol

Shy Moment
10-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Sassy
We all have hard times. I said ages ago, it seems, we don't just come here to talk about weight. We talk about all kinds of things. The people who have found this site were looking for something. Answers to questions? Comfort and support? A kind word and a helping hand when things weren't going right? Maybe all those things. We really are interested in how things are going. If it helps to talk about it, talk away. I can sit here and read as long as you can type. Maybe even come up with a idea or a kind word from time to time that helps too :)

I don't see where you are negative. You sound like a caring person who had a hard time putting yourself before very one else for a change. While we should help all we can, we can't give out lives over.

I do understand about glasses. I need to get knew ones. One of the things we are going to do this weekend. I know, I keep adding stuff to the list. This weekend is chocked full lol.

suetalks
10-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Yes, I do like the bike and I know it isn't an old lady bike, but this old lady is riding it. LOL
By the way, it came from walmart.com and they deliver to your nearest store for pick-up. No postage charges that way.

I had a rather tough day and just enjoy coming here and reading about you ladies before bedtime. Sorry, too pooped to do indies.
Tomorrow will be a better day.

pattygirl63
10-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Sassy,
I was the one feeling down and writing about my feelings last night. That is one of the nice things about this group. Some times we need a place we can go and air out our feelings. It really helps.

I am so sorry DH didn't get the job, but look at it this way... just maybe there is a better for him some where else that he will like even better. Hope things get better for you real soon.
Trish

Sassy_Chick
10-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Rennie--Thanks. :hug: I appreciate your kind words. I know things will be fine, it was just because it seemed like all the bad news came at once is all and that wasn't all of it, but a majority. So I appreciate everybody listening to me. :^:

Sue -- I hope that I didn't offend you, all I meant was that is how I felt when I was a teenager and you know how fickle teenagers are. Its amazing how things change when you grow up and realize that some of the things you did, said, or felt when you were younger were so stupid. (at least I know I did,said, and felt a lot of dumb things) lol.

Well Big :hug: to all.

suetalks
10-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Sassy- Oh no, you didn't offend me...I was also joking about the old lady bike. But then I thought, on the other hand I am an old lady. LOL I know joking sometimes doesn't come across that way on a post, but I take most things that way and it would take a lot to offend me. I am usually looking at the humor in things. So no worry!

Jane- Mom had bought me a big gel seat for my old bike and although the new bike had a large seat DH put the gel seat on for me. I said to him "Oh, now I have 2 big seats." Then I looked around to make sure no one was laughing. The pioneer dresses are precious as are the GD's. I bet they had fun.

Rennie- Have a fun week-end..sounds busy!

Trish- Oh, I envy you your vacation too. Have a good time and be safe.

Marti- How did the Halloween shopping go? I kept thinking I would get some scarecrows to decorate the porch, but things happened and I didn't gt to Hobby Lobby. Maybe tomorrow... Hope you have a nice week-end also. (oh I know you will with Jhanai there)

Cristina- You are amazing gal with all your walking and working out. I have gotten off track for a couple weeks, but hope to be back in the groove this week. I am up to 4 miles a day on the bike and hope to get back up to 7 or 8 soon. It is a little harder to pedal than the old one was, (before it got very hard to pedal) but I am loving it.

Tammy- I love my Crystal Light peach tea, but doubt I would with vodka in it. I am more a rum or amaretto type person...hmmm, amaretto in peach tea???...nah. Well, maybe on a bad day. hahaha

I need to get off here and get busy. I have Mom's clothes in the dryer and need to throw mine in the washer. Got her bed changed and picked up her room and bathroom. Fixed breakfast and Mom actually ate...yay. She is feeling better today and has not been sick. I finally got the Dr. to call in a new nausea script for her and she was able to eat a little dinner last night also.
SO...like I said yesterday...I do think it will be a better day today.

I have been excited about my backyard feeders...we had 2 Downy woodpeckers and 2 Hairy woodpeckers this week. Also 3 nuthatches have taken up residence. With all of the goldfinch and chickadees we are having a ball watching them.

Sorry to be so chatty...can you tell I feel good? :)

Jane
10-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Hello ladies,

Thank you all for the comments about the girls in their dresses.

Cristina - Josh will be home before you know it! Oh, Cristina, I'm so happy for you! I remember how glad I was when Katie came home, and she was only in Florida. He'll love the shirts and banner. I'd have never thought of that - you're very creative. Btw, you can talk about your muscles here all you want, lol.

Trish - YW for the encouraging words. We help each other like that here. Yay - glad you're looking forward to being with family and friends. Hope your DD has internet so you can check in with us, too.

Sassy - awww, well, the job just wasn't meant to be. As Trish said, someting even better will probably come along. So sorry about your grandpa's leg. Come here and talk about it all you need to. :hug:

Sue - hope you have a better day today. Glad to read your mom's doing better and eating more. Bet you're fixing all her favorites, aren't you? We also have strange birds stopping by, on their way south.

Mindy - ok, you've been gone long enough now. Time to give us an update on the kiddos.

Marti, PJ, Tammy, Rennie, Jules, Mary Kate, Kathy, Ellen, a big hello to you!

Weigh in today is 1 1/2 more down, so that makes 11 since I began again, and 32 from my highest weight. Today, I'm taking cooked cinnamon-Slenda apples with me to Caylin's birthday party because I don't want to waste points on a cupcake, and I l-o-v-e those apples. Gotta have a plan, right?

Hope you're having a good weekend. :) I'll try to bbl.

FrouFrou
10-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Hello ladies!

JANE...WTG on the loss this week! :carrot: You are doing GREAT!

RENNIE...I love that! Kids...lol. Enjoy your weekend!

TRISH...glad you decided you are going to have a good time!

SUE...glad your mom is feeling better and eating! You'll get used to your new bike in no time at all. And I'm not amazing at all...I think I just finally woke up and decided to get with the program, lol. But thank you! :hug:

SASSY...sorry to hear about your grandpa and the job. :hug: But hey, if you guys really want to move why not check into other possibilities. There has to be more jobs right? Woohoo, new glasses! But hey, I like the Sally Jesse look, lol! Cheer up missy :D

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on today. Went for my walk. Going to get in some much needed reading. I have so many books I want to get read but haven't been in the mood. Then there are lots I want to buy but I promised myself I wouldn't until I get at least most of my unread books read! I went crazy a while back buying books I wanted, not at one time mind you. But I would buy one or two here and there, now I have too many to read. I guess you really can't have too many, can you, lol? The used book store is a bad place, lol! it cracks me up that people trade their books in...brand new books and I can get them for $3-$6, well some, and they are not paperbacks. They do have the newest books too. Barnes and Noble is another bad place for me, lol. Okay, blabbling now...

Have a good weekend ladies!

Sassy_Chick
10-06-2007, 10:34 PM
HI GIRLS! :D

Yes that is me with a SMILE on my face! When you ladies are right, you are RIGHT! All of you saying that the job in Indiana, just wasn't meant to be and that maybe something else would come along? Well it did!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

DH just called me, I was sleeping as I didn't sleep really well, but anywho, on his way into work he got a phone call, from his old boss from our college!!! When we were finishing up our degrees there, Our Dept. Chair got DH a work-study position at our college, at that time, we had just moved back from NY and DH was jobless so he took the job so we'd have some income at least. Well they tried to get DH on full-time, but at that time we had a witch of a Dean who insisted on all teachers having Bachelors Degrees, DH has two associates + loads of on-the-job experience, but the Dean at that time did not care, she wanted the Bachelors Degree, well soon after that DH got his current job he is at now, so we never pursued it anymore.

Well now our college is totally changed, for the better. It is under different management and has been completely remodeled and yes a different Dean! So now they count on-the-job experience as equilivent to a Bachelors, along with his two associates! Its just like when they give celebrities "honory degrees" as their work experience has equaled the degree or even more, same thing here. I guess DH's old boss has been trying to find DH's # for over a year now and finally found it! What timing, eh????!!!! lol. I swear if I see that man I am going to hug him! lmao!

So DH thought that he could start this part-time to see how it goes and it would bring in extra income for us that we can stash away for our down payment for a house!!! :woohoo:

Then of course if all goes well, he could go to teaching full-time! He just wants to be sure before leaving his current job, which I understand. Schools, even Colleges are not known for their stability at times! Case in point the job that he was just turned down for. Seems like they change their minds every other second! lol.

But at least DH would be doing what he wants to do -- Teaching and not sure if part-time employees have this benefit, but I know full time ones do, if he is working there, we can go to school there for FREE! Since they have totally remodeled and changed, they have A LOT more to offer now, so if I can go for free, I may go for a 3rd Degree or a Bachelors! :D

Anywho, I just wanted to say THANKS to everybody here, when you all are right, you are RIGHT! I'm so glad that I found this site and have made such great friends! I know I haven't been as successful as some on the weightloss journey, but like you all said, weightloss isn't all about losing the weight, its also the support you need along the journey as well.

BIG BIG :hug: to you all!!!

Marti
10-07-2007, 12:39 PM
We're ready to head on over to 270!
See you there!