Fitness Videos - Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt

View Full Version : Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt

cjxl
10-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Last year I lost 45 lb working out with FIT TV about an hour a day for about eight months and watching what I was eating. Unfortunately due to night classes, homework, toddlers, weekend job, and married life things got so crazy that I just stopped and within the past year gained 35 lb. back, DEPRESSING.

I have bought so many other workout programs already. I tried power90, but it bored me and I couldn't seem to ever get to the second stage, pilates, but I always felt that I was doing it wrong, six week body makeover, confusing and my budget didn't have that much wiggle room for groceries with a family of four with two little ones (plus my husband refused to eat the meals so I ended up making mine and theirs, not economic for a one income family). FIT TV was wonderful for me.

I have now decided that it is time to get back on the banwagon and start over with some fellow support this time. Unfortunately we have moved and don't have FIT TV anymore. So I started looking for DVD's of the Gilad workout that I used to do on FIT TV. I found Gilad Ultimate Body Sculpt series. It was pricey but not any higher than most of the workouts tapes out there and he doesn't push all those supplements that you pay a fortune for and half the time don't take or don't work.

I had a hard time deciding to buy it or not because I really couldn't find anything that talked about this workout. I like to research things before I buy them since I've been taken by the infomercials of so many others but there wasn't a lot out there from real people that have tried this system. So, I am going to report every week on how I am doing, what I feel like, what the workouts do, and anything else while working with this program.

I recieved my order today and plan to start an hour a day tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else out there had tried Gilad 30-minute routines on FIT TV or his workout tapes with any results. If you have done this program please chime in or if you would like to know more about it I would be glad to answer any questions the best I can while trying this system.

I am very excited and hopefully it won't be as hard as I seem to think it will. Wish me luck and let me know if anybody else is trying it as well. I would love to know how your results are compared to the ones I will hopefully have.

cj

ddc
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I have the 3 Ultimate Body Sculpt dvds and honestly I've only done each of them only once . I don't know why I haven't gotten into them more. I have the Quick Fit sytem of his and love it, but again I haven't been doing it lately. They don't work if you don't use them;). Good luck to you!

Lovestorun
10-01-2007, 03:22 PM
I have to say that I Love Gilad!!!:hug: When I first started I would
run and on the other days I would do Gilad. I have about 12-13 right
now on my DVR and I over slept this AM and didn't get my usual run in
so I plan on going home, starting dinner and doing it. I really believe in the Total Body Sculpt. Good Luck !;)

cjxl
10-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks, I did the cuts and curves today and am feeling stiff already. I wasn't able to keep up with him the whole time but by doing his FIT TV workouts I know he'll get me there if I can stick with it. Thanks for the encouragement. I need it

Daimere
10-01-2007, 06:43 PM
My mother swears by Gilad. She's lost 100 pounds using Gilad. She's used him ever since I can remember(and one is on VHS that she taped and it's about to die).

cjxl
10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Am feeling really, really sore today but not so much that I can't walk, mostly sore in the shoulders and arms. I am getting ready to try is new DVD Elite Forces fat busting workout. Check back in tomorrow when I'm ready to cry.

Lovestorun
10-02-2007, 10:40 AM
QUOTE=cjxl;1877360]Am feeling really, really sore today but not so much that I can't walk, mostly sore in the shoulders and arms. I am getting ready to try is new DVD Elite Forces fat busting workout. Check back in tomorrow when I'm ready to cry.[/QUOTE]

:carrot::carrot: Great Job!! I did mine yesterday after work and when I
was done I was glad I did it. It always makes me feel great!;)

cjxl
10-02-2007, 08:14 PM
The Elite Forces kicked my butt. What a cardio. I had to pause three times to get a drink. Loved the fast pace, the fact that he just kept on moving and moving and moving. I thought I was just going to fall apart if I had to do another jumping jack or jump rope for another count of 8.

I really wish he would have extended the sculpt portion to include triceps, pecs, and an ab series but other than that I will definately be doing that one every other day between the other tapes in the series. OUCH!!!

My shoulders and arms are really tight and eventhough he didn't do an ab series they still get a workout with the kickboxing and twisting.

Tomorrow is CORE AND MORE, wish me luck

cjxl
10-03-2007, 09:46 AM
I am not quite sure how much I will actually be accomplishing today. My back hurts so bad and my forearms are so tight and painful. I will hopefully be able to push through it today and just suck it up and do the workout but right now I would rather lay flat on the floor and not move for, I don't know....forever.

cjxl
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
I managed to push through the CORE AND MORE workout today. I finally ended it feeling like a complete nerd. I don't know if it's just me or if anybody else had this problem but I have come to the painful conclusion that I cannot multi-task.

I felt like a complete idiot through the whole thing feeling unable to hold in my lower ads, hold a sit-up, and breathe all at the same time. Everytime I tried to inhale I couldn't seem to hold my lower abs tight.

Gilad of course tried to explain this process over and over, telling me to breathe into my lower ribs but the more he explained it the more idiotic I felt. Why was this so hard? Why couldn't I figure this out?

I ended the workout feeling like I had not achieved the result I was looking for because I didn't have that tight feeling in my lower abdomen. Hopefully I will get the hang of it in the next couple of weeks.

I'll have to wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

cjxl
10-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Elite Forces Cardio completed and feeling rather good. I'm not all that sore and I think if I could keep my appetite under control I could really accomplish something.

Tomorrow I will try the POWER AND GRACE workout. Maybe it will fair better than the CORE AND MORE, but I'm sure I'll get that one down eventually.

cjxl
10-06-2007, 10:28 AM
POWER AND GRACE was a wonderful workout. I felt the burn, and am still feeling rather good today. I'm not really sore but I have that slight worked feeling in my thighs, butt, and back. I really liked this workout. I had to standup out of a couple of sessions because the burn was so intense but kicked out the legs and got back into it.

Definately a workout that I would recommend. Today is yet again ELITE FORCES. Then tomorrow is a break, week one almost complete.

cjxl
10-07-2007, 11:53 AM
I almost didn't workout yesterday, tired, lazy, and unmotivated. But I finally told myself to just get off my butt and push play, so I did. I felt so much better afterward. I should have done it earlier in the day and maybe I wouldn't have been so unconstructive.

Week one accomplished, now to start over. It takes all week to do all four DVD's with the cardio every other day in between but by the end of the week I figure I've actually worked everything a couple of times. Hey its got to be better than nothing.

If anybody has any advice on how to keep your appetite under control I would love to hear about it. Working out all week does me no good if I can't keep my hands out of the cookie jar. lol.....

I'm not good with pills and already drink a lot of water. So if there are any tricks out there please throw them my way.

Thanks

cjxl
10-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Monday came and went and unfortunately I did not work out. I spent the day with my husband and my boys out and about. It was long it was tiring and now it's time for bed. I am so disappointed in myself for not coming home and turning it right on, but first there's getting the kids settled, then cleaning out the car, then cleaning up the house and finally bedtime routine. I just ran out of hours in my day.

Hopefully I will feel guilty enough to do both the CUTS AND CURVES tomorrow and ELITE FORCES cardio.

I plan on weighing in on Sunday when I have two complete weeks done with this system. Wish me luck.

cjxl
10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Well accomplished CUTS AND CURVES but not ELITE FORCES, so plan on doubling up tomorrow instead. I really need to get caught up before the end of the week.

cjxl
10-17-2007, 03:21 PM
I did do Elite Foces but it was so late at night and I couldn't bring myself to double up. That was a week ago and I haven't worked out since.

Why is it that everytime you get on a good roll of actually working out for a week or two then wham, you get sick. I have been sick since I got up last Thursday, headaches, stuffed sinuses, coughing, just miserable. It seems that everytime I get going with working out and get a descent routine time down I get sick and end up taking a week or so off then it is so hard to get started again.

I tried to do Elite Foces yesturday but didn't even make it through the warmup before I was coughing by brains out. I guess I'll just have to make myself start over again. I really lack the ambition.

cjxl
10-18-2007, 11:43 AM
Yet another day passes without physical effort. I have lost my drive and am still sick. Feeling rather defeated, don't think I will make any short goals by Halloween. Maybe I'll try again next month.

So much for support!!!

VermontMom
11-30-2007, 08:39 PM
cj, I enjoyed reading your daily logs of doing the new routine. Hope you're still hanging in there! Did your cold last for long?

I have quite a few Gilad tapes, and had great luck with them almost five years ago; I started at 176 and in about 6 months lost 30 pounds. Unfortunately I've gained most of that back :(:(:( and am trying so hard to re-commit to exercising with a purpose and not eating so much!

Here's wishing both of us luck!

cjxl
01-05-2008, 05:42 PM
I am back with full intention of getting back on the horse. Unfortunately through the holidays I have gained back every pound that I succeeded to lose plus ten pounds :(
Here's to a new year and hopefully a new me by the end of it all :)
I have decided to start slow. I cut down my calorie intake to 1200 or less but am feeling a little to tired to pull through an entire workout. Hoping that once my body levels out and gets used to this calorie intake my energy level will pick back up.
Attempted Elite Forces four days ago and manged to muttle through but felt the unmistakeable affects of being way to out of shape for three days.
I feel the intense need to get my butt back in gear after seeing the photo's of our family vaca in Disney World. Talk about a reality check, photo's don't lie and I didn't like the reflection.
Here's to wishing me luck. It is Saturday, January 5, 2008, I will start back to the workouts on Monday try to keep on track for a month and step it up with the tredmill once the inevitable plateau roars its nasty head. Here's to a selfinduced butt kicking. lol....

cjxl
01-09-2008, 07:30 PM
I decided to switch it up and started the tredmill instead. Cutting my caloric intake so much so fast was really kicking my butt energy level wise all by itself, so I've been doing 1-2 miles on the tredmill everyday or every other day until my body adjusts to such a dramatic drop in fuel. :woops:

But am feeling better already after a week. So I just might start back with Gilad this Monday. I'm not so sure I will be able to accomplish both Gilad and the tredmill right now, so will start with Gilad then add the tredmill again when I feel I really need that extra push. :lifter:

cjxl
01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
So far it hasn't been easy getting back into the swing of things. But yesterday I actually managed to do the Elite forces workout and am feeling alright today, of course sore in the back, shoulders, and butt. I am pleased with myself. I even reached my water quota. :carrot:

Slipped on my food but did great until about 7 pm. I don't know why it is so hard for me to behave after dark. I can do it all day and once the sun goes down and I start to settle in, wham...cravings, chocolate, sweets, anything. I think I am going to have to pick up some 100 calorie packs for something and eat one shortly after dinner. Maybe that will work.

Overall a very productive day. Happy with myself :D and try again today.

cjxl
01-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Accomplished Core and More, then went roller skating with my boys the next day, took Monday off, Elite Forces Tuesday, and Power and Grace today. :carrot:

If I can keep this up for the rest of the week, I will be on a role. I figure something everyday is better than nothing.

Has anyone else tried Gilad's Ultimate Body Sculpt Series? Has anyone had any results from it? I find it harder to do the 1 hour DVD's than I did making the time to do the 30 minute workouts on Fit TV. I liked the way that the workouts were arranged more than the DVD's. But I guess if I make myself stick with it for an entire week then I'll get all the benefits included in one workout series just in a different way.

So here's to letting Gilad kick my butt. ;)

VermontMom
01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi cj! good to hear from you again. Are you sure 1200 calories is enough? I've put myself to 1500, I know I couldn't do lower than that and still be able to do it for long term. I've kept to 1500 calories daily and exercise almost every day for almost 3 weeks now. Just have to keep it up.

I'm back to doing Gilad's Step and Tone vid as often as I can, it is such a sound combo of step aerobics and toning with weights. I have always gotten into any of Gilad's stuff, with the exception of his aerobic works that are all boxing and such - those moves are SO unfamiliar to me. I'll stick to his old-fashioned stuff :D

Best wishes to you! :carrot: and to me :D

cjxl
01-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Hey VermontMom,

I haven't been doing much of anything for the past week or so. :( Trying to buy a new house, looking all the time. Its exhausting. It seems like everything I find that we look at and like it already has a contract on it or even two. A day late and dollar short, that's me. It's really kind of depressing.

But I ended up boosting my caloric intake to around 1400, I did really well at 1200 but when I started really working out I found it wasn't enough for me to sustain the workouts. Well lately that hasn't been a problem because I haven't done any but I need to get back at it. :drill:

I love Gilad workouts. They always make me feel great after I've done them. He has this way of tricking you, just one more and it turns into four, just four more seconds and it turns into eight. Those are the little things that make you want to beat him up but it works and when its all over your glad you did it. :lifter:

Thank you for the encouragement and support. I really needed it. :thanks:
Sixteen days smoke free and I find my will a bit tattered. Hopefully I can build it from here. :goodluck: to you and me!