Support Groups - Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! October 2007!!

Jasmine31
10-01-2007, 10:53 AM
What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

clumsy68
10-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Okay, I'm in!

My goals this month are:
- use my pedometer daily, aiming for 15000+ steps
- eat 8-10 fruits & veggies every day
- keep the calories under 1800 a day

I wouldn't mind losing at least 5lbs this month either!

Jasmine31
10-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey everyone! I have been fighting off panic attacks lately. My best friend called last thursday and wanted us to go to Big Bear Lake cause she had rented a cabin. So we took the kids out of school friday an hour early, rented a van and left. It was fun but I HATE all the cliffs and steep inclines!!

Walking has been so so, I have been trying to take it easy.

I walked thursday 80 minutes then 45 on friday, nothing sat or sunday.

Friday I didn't count but I know I was way over plan. Saturday I had too much caffeine and was feeling sick. I had 2 cups of coffee(and 2 cups the nite before) I had thought I was better I guess. uggghhhhhhhh I had 1 apple, 1 banana and forced some walnuts down later. That was it Saturday.

Yesterday I had a yogurt/banana/strawberries. Half a peanut butter sandwich for lunch and 3 pieces of pizza for dinner last nite. I thought sprite was caffeine free, and now I think it isn't. I had a mild panic attack last nite. ugghhh

Anyhow going to try to get a walk in today. Hope everyone is doing great!

Oh and I went to read my blood pressure reading at the store and I don't know how well it works.

It said when I first got there 153/71 I was at least happy about the 71, then I walked around 10 minutes and waited 2 minutes to read it again, it said 147, but under it said over 93!!!

It can NOT change that drastically in 10 minutes!!!

Jasmine31
10-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Welcome clumsy!!

Rhighlan86
10-01-2007, 12:15 PM
:wave:Hello all!

First off Welcome Clumsy! Hopefully you love it here! :dancer:

I am so excited about this thread because I am so excited fall is finally here! :carrot: It is my absolutely favorite time of year. I don't know if anyone here watches Gilmore Girls, but how Lorelai feels about snow and the wind in the air when snow is coming, that's how I feel about the fall. Love it, love it, love it! Halloween is coming too yay!

Weight wise I'm staying at 185 cause I just haven't been following things very well, I'm stressed about this grad school stuff and my grades, and paying for both undergrad and grad. Okus now I think I have a UTI at least I'm hoping it is because the symptoms of UTI are very close to more worse things.

On the good note though I am still lovin WATP and can't wait to come home tonight to do it.

Jasmine~that's so great about going to Big Bear. The weather has been perfect for it, at least here it has been. Nice and cool, and the leaves are starting to change.

Hope everyone else is well

iriswhispers
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
yey for october! i love fall too, becky. although once it starts to foreshadow winter, i start to get kind of depressed. for now, though, i love it! halloween is always tons of fun.

jasmine, sounds like you had a decent getaway. i still want to go camping before it gets too cold... but time is running short.

welcome to clumsy and good luck on your goals for the month!

this month i am definitely going to reach my 80 mile goal... i think i might have last month if i hadn't gotten sick. and i'm going to stop binge eating!!!! as a byproduct of those two actions, hopefully i'll drop a few pounds, too.

keep smiling!

lodyangel
10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey all! I did NOT make my September goal. However, I did manage to drop some weight. Starting weight was 212, weight on Sunday was 203. I lost 6 pounds from Friday morning until Sunday morning!!!!! All month I was trying to lose and the numbers just kept creeping down, sometimes not moving and then this weekend...BAM! They just fall off. Too weird! My average weight last week was 208, my average weight so far this week is 203. That's a HUGE difference really quickly. But I am not complaining! I will take it.

I broke up with BF Friday night. It's a long story. For the entire scoop read my diet-blog. The link is on the side bar. He's talking, saying he'll change, quick drinking, never do it again,...Blah, blah, blah. I'm taking my time about deciding my next move. I want to be single sooo bad. I want to have a different kind of life, but I can't imagine my life without him in it...so the decision is hard. Plus there are the kids to think about. *sigh* Life is always so difficult.

So here is my goal for October. Yes I lowered it some, but I want to be able to make it this time and not feel so stressed. There is alot of college homework still to be done! If i make it early I will raise it back up to September's goal and work at making that!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wfoKUAi/exercise.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wfoKUAi/)

Welcome clumsy!

I will comment more later! Gotta Take DD to girl scouts!

Jasmine31
10-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Melody I just read your blog. I am here for ya sweetie! It may be hard at first but it will be worth it in the long run. I hope he doesn't start any crap. *BIG HUGZ*

Hey Iris. I love camping and fall too. :) 80 miles walking? Awesome!

Rhighlan86:

Try not to stress so much. *hugz* ARe you able to get grants and stuff? uti, get out the cran berry juice!!

lodyangel
10-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Jasmine: So far so good. He has been really sweet which makes it tremendously hard. I sorta feel sorry for him, but he brought it all on himself. I have gotten to say some things to him I never thought I would say to him. At the same time most of what I have said to him has been said to him countless times before. I don't think he will ever learn. His Momma really screwed up with him. He never learned how to take responsibility for his actions. He's always like "i know i shouldn't have done this, but..." There is always the but- It's never his fault.

It's break-up city around here. Almost all my friends are having trouble in their marriages. I swear it is something in the water.

Well tomorrow is get up early and run day! :) I am gonna try to drink more water and hit the sack. I also need to eat something. No supper yet! I am thinking veggie fajitas. I am taking today as one of my days off from exercise.

Iris and Becky: I love Fall too! I LOVE Halloween! I am gonna try to decorate more tomorrow night. I had started 3 weeks ago, but stopped because my neighbor's daughters died in that accident. I felt some of my gorey decorations weren't appropriate after the horrific way those girls died. So I stopped putting them up. Now that all that is over, I will finish. My neighbor lives at the end of the road where he rarely rides by my house anyway, plus he isn't staying home much anymore. He has nothing to come home too. :( So sad!

Everyone have a lovely evening and a great day tomorrow! :hug:

Canuk4
10-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi all, welcome clumsy!Sorry for being MIA lately, but wedding stuff takes precedent (sp), the shower went well, it was a surprise, it was beautiful out, so was able to have it on the deck. She got some really nice things. Son and It came for a visit tonight, she can't make it to dh birthday on Wed. and missed mine two weeks ago, we both got cards. YUM!!!! Not that I wanted anything from her, I just would of liked to miss the visit. Good thing it was short. Advantage was seeing my son for more than five minutes.Food has been so so, not too bad, water has been good, lots of walking Sat and Sun. but a little too much wine yesterday, and two pieces of pizza with dip tonight, cheese and crackers and just half a cup of cereal. Not a really bad day, but could of been better.I too like fall as you ladies do, but hate the sun setting sooner. Melody I too am here for you, please remember broken promises time and again do not normally change. Been there, done that. It maybe hard but worth it in the long run.Have a good tomorrow everyone.Sharon S.

Forgot to mention I was down to 206 as of yesterday, hope to be more regimented with exercise this month and lose 10 lbs. Have to get more creative with food as well.

Canuk4
10-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey my friends, must be a busy day, nothing posted since I did last night.

Had a busy day today, took Dad to the doc. then shopping and persc. then to the bank, then took it all in and put it away. Came home and was done in, haven't been sleeping well, so lied down for 1/2 hr. just fell asleep and heard some racket and that was that. Up and decided to check my mail.

Food has not been great, just had melba toast and spinach dip, had to make myself stop eating it, it is bought so higher in calories, trying to convince myself to make a stir fry, or exercise or something, just know will power. Water is not doing so good today either.

Hope to hear from some of you later.
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
10-02-2007, 06:35 PM
rawr...i binged already. so much for it being a new month! i've been in a pissy mood all day because one of my roommate's kids kept me up all night screaming. i can't wait to move.... looking like next month.

melody - i don't know much about your situation, but from what you've posted on here, it sounds like you made the right choice in breaking up with the bf. it's always nice to have someone there, but you deserve better than he treated you.

sharon - i'm lacking will power too... and exhausted. don't know what to tell you besides hang in there - i am trying to as well! props to you for making yourself stop with the high-cal dip, it's hard not to keep digging in.

well, i binged, but i should still get some exercise in today.

Canuk4
10-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Thanks Iris, I had a stir fry with chick. and veggies for supper (no rice) and I did 45 mins of exercise. So pleased I at last got my exercise in first time
since last week.

Iris just dust yourself off, you still had time to exercise and hopefully got that done and remember something I always told my kids growing up, "You never have to re-live THIS DAY AGAIN! Tomorrow is a new one, hopefully we will both do better, only problem is its dh's birthday and he wants to go out for fish and chips. And that is all they make, been there before while dieting. Maybe I will just eat a kiddie portion, or split it with one of the kids or dh. Sorry about losing sleep because of the roommates child, hopefully you will get out of there very soon.

Have a good tomorrow everyone.
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
10-03-2007, 12:06 AM
I'll write more later, all I gotta say is stupid Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.....3 minutes in and I'm balling like a baby. This show is amazing!

Jasmine31
10-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone! Well I am doing the vitamins, feeling alot better, but still only ate like 300 cals yesterday. Amazingly I am NOT hungry though. I am going to eat though.

I am so beyond this food thing, ya know? I know I have lost a few poiunds recently, my tumy is looking alot smaller, my face leaner again. I kind of wonder if it was bloated due to excess salt intake, etc.

Anyone who is praying, please keep praying for me. I appreciate it. I want to get rid of this b.p. problem and to prevent being diabetic.

That is my main concern. Got in no walk on the first but a 60 yesterday and getting ready for a 60-80 today.

Hope everyone is well!!

Rhighlan86
10-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Let's see, today and yesterday have been good foodwise, exercisewise not so much (well today is only noon). I have been studying for the GRE on saturday and then trying my darndest not to get sick. Thankfully for me with the UTI i still have antibiotics from the last time (im terrible about finishing meds) and took them and now I'm fine.

Jasmine ~ as for grants, I'm not so sure, but hopefully I can get an assistantship, which for me would mean that I am teaching an undergrad class while going to school. Since I would be working for the school they pay full tuition and a stipend of around $10,000-$20,000 a year. My plan is if I get one of those I can live off of that and then get a second job and pay off my undergrad loans. That way I can get them paid down (or completely paid off) before I actually have to start paying them....while I am in school full time I will not have to pay them.

Also with the cranberry juice, I was told my the doctors before that it is for preventing not healing. They said only drink it as a preventative measure, but to help get rid of it drink tons and tons of water.

In statistics we also learned that BP changes every 2 minutes for an average person so try not to worry too much. You are supposed to take it when you are calm and not after exercise so I would say the first reading is correct. Also, if I am worried or stressed at all it does go up quite a bit. When I was sick they took it and it was 110/60 then I was going later in the week to get my first pap and I was nervous about it and it shot up to 120/70. I think that when you are just relaxing and it's a normal day thats the number you should go by. Just my two cents (I am by no means an expert on this though....I'm a psych major so definately do not know medicine, behaviors sure, but physical nope :^: )

Lody~ I'm sorry about the break-up, but after reading your blog it seems like it's better off that way. I know you mentioned about the kids, but honestly kids can sense things, if you are miserable about the way he treats you they know. Children are very inquisitive and know what's going on even if you think that you are hiding it. So it may be better off this way. Now you can go on and find yourself again, as you said that you are excited about being single. Give yourself time to find out who you are again and when you are in a solid place then re-open yourself to the idea of a relationship. But enjoy the time you have now. Fooey on him though, if he has treated you like crap for 12 years he's not going to chance, you said it yourself once a cheater....thats not still a saying for kicks. It's true. Unless it was like a one time completely wasted event then I believe it. Just don't make any excuses for him...he may be acting sweet to you, just always remember what he did that is making him be sweet. On a normal day is he sweet to you or is it when he is in the doghouse. You deserve better. :hug: Hope things are well

Canuk~ everything you have been saying that you are eating sounds so yummy, stir fry and spinach dip. Yum!

iriswhispers
10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
becky - good luck w/ the GRE. i need to take that as well, i'm just putting it off and messing around as a "part-time non-degree" grad student at present.

Rhighlan86
10-03-2007, 04:01 PM
Dbf did the funniest thing today....I was planning on making a nice dinner with fresh raviolis and garlic bread and i told him....guess what he asked for instead

Chef Boy R Dee Ravioli......boys :lol:

iriswhispers
10-03-2007, 07:43 PM
i hope everyone is doing well! i'm really trying to get things together, but it's a struggle to actually do things. for instance, the phone calls i need to make... i keep putting them off because i hate calling people. it's silly and beyond antisocial, i need to just deal with myself and force myself to do some things.

an old friend (friend is loose... we had a fling for about a week or two, but we have mutual friends so we still hang out) contacted me today and wants to "hook up over break." hook up definitely had a double meaning. ew. getting involved with him was a bad idea the first time. it definitely has not become a better idea.

SD Gal
10-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi Girls.. I'm a slacker, aren't I? Yeah I suck, I'm sorry. I WANT to get on here more often than I do, but I have been so busy with home, work and my son that I really haven't been able to. Gosh, I haven't even been able to get to the gym let alone log in here. :( Sorry..

Things are good, I am hot and heavy on the WW plan and have seen a good drop in weight despite my lack of gym attendance.. ;) I'm closer now to where I was in the spring (@155). I have that 150 shot in sight and CAN'T wait to hit it..

Miss you bunches.. I will try and work harder to get in here to read.. you are all just wonderful people and I love to read new and exciting things you've posted.. please bear with me..:hug:

Love,
Michelle

Canuk4
10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Welcome back SD Gal, missed you (hope you got my message).

Becky good luck with the GRE!

Iris you are wise, the old friend sound like trouble. Iris I fully understand how you feel and the antisocial scene. I play it most days, but now with the wedding and things it is harder and I get so nervous, I sometimes shake, not pleasant. But making ourselves do things is a must. I made myself go bike riding this aft. as well as do laundry. It is hard as you know when you have no get up and go, I find I am continually saying, "Well I have got this far, keep going."

Food today and water has been good as well as exercise. Got to get back to counting points and writing down all I eat. I really find it helps.

Have a good tomorrow. Off to watch tv.
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
SD gal - glad to hear you are doing so well!

Sharon - i hope you can relax a bit with the wedding... i hate the nerves in general, and being around people who may be pressuring you or getting anxious themselves is never helpful! you'll get through it - like you said, you got this far. =)

i'm doing all right with my walk/jog/run goal. admittedly it's been 90% walking with that little bit of jogging thrown in there - but i'll work back up to running. it's rough for me remembering what i used to be able to; i have to keep plugging along and not let myself get discouraged!

food on the other hand has been atrocious... i really think that when i put off doing things i need to i end up binging instead, so i need to kill two birds with one stone here: get my butt in gear and get things done, so i won't be procrastinating and thinking about food all the time.

sugarbaby269
10-05-2007, 12:59 AM
Hi everyone,
I know it's been a LONG time since I've really gotten on here and committed to some serious dieting and exercising but I'm BAAACK! Hubby and I need to really work on losing some weight.

Goals are to eat leaner meats, more veggies
Cut out the fat and nasty carbs and
EXERCISE! Drink water.... take vitamins/minerals

SD Gal
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks Sharon & Iris.. !!!

I stayed mostly on plan yesterday, though I did have two bowls of homemade chili.. mmm!! That second half bowl of chili was too much though. I over ate so was uncomfortable at bed time.. it took forever to fall asleep!!! lol

Hope everyone has a super day!!:hug:

iriswhispers
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
welcome (back) sugarbaby!

i just finished some edamame grown at the farm i work on... great snack because i have to pop open each pod so i can't scarf it down too quickly and overeat without realizing! =)

went to the olive garden today with the women in my family... stayed on plan: one bowl of soup, two helpings of salad. water to drink... and the andes mint of course! i'm proud of myself for avoiding the breadsticks... they are so yummy but fulllll of fat. and i'm going downtown tonight, so i'll get my fat on wine anyway!

Jasmine31
10-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Morning ladies!

Sdgal and sugarbaby good to have ya back!

Well I am doing pretty good, think the b.p. is going down, thanx for the advice rhighlan. I think it was due to extreme stress. (my ex passing, he is dead at 35!!!!) ugghhhhh

I am getting alot of prayer, continuing my walking. My cals last week most days I had to force myself to try to eat something. Taking extra vitamins.

I am just trusting in God that I will be okay. Sometimes you get freaked out about something and that stress upsets you even more.

Good news, I think I am 195 today!!! As all of you know I threwmy scale out months ago. So here is the stats.

You all know how different scales vary. Well mine was on the "lower end".
And you all know how weighing later in the day after food, with clothes on etc adds more weight.

Anyhow I was about 205, 1st thing in the a.m./, no clothes, etc a few months back. I got angry when tom came and smashed the scale.

Well I went to Walmart a few days after that and was looking at new scales. The digital ones said 216.46. The one similiar to mine said 210/211. (I am assuming it was about 5 lbs more than what mine at home would of weighed due to time of day, clothes, eating etc.)

I went back about 5 weeks later and it said 5 lbs less on both scales. Okay cool.

Well yesterday I went and the one similiar to my old one said I was 198/199!!!!! Hooray!!!!! The digital one said I was 206.

So with that first reading if I subtract about 5 lbs from that (time of day, clothes, food, etc) I would be about 193!!!! I can definately tell a difference in my belly and face.

Either way whichever scale is accurate I am either 193 or 198. I am stoked!!!!

I can almost squeeze into 14 jeans! A few of the "stretch gap" jeans fit but were still too tight too look comfy in. I am super excited!

I almost want to get one of those $5.00 scales and weigh in the a.m. but I don't want to get all stressed about it like I was. Either way I am 12 pounds lighter than what I was a few months ago. Yeah!!

SD Gal
10-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Jasmine GOOD GIRL!! You're doing wonderfully!! Doesn't it feel SO GOOD to fit into the next lower size of jeans??!! :carrot: FANTASTIC!!

Rhighlan86
10-06-2007, 06:37 PM
That's awesome Jasmine, I saw in the other thread where you posted this and I agree with one of the other posters you shouldnt buy a scale, just go check out Walmarts in case you might want to in the future ;)

Well girls today I took my GRE and I have to say I feel pretty good about it, I got nearly 1000 (960). That is average I believe, but I am OK with it.

iriswhispers
10-07-2007, 03:29 PM
jasmine - CONGRATS!!! =) good to hear your b.p. is going down as well as the weight loss.

becky - i'm sure it's a relief to have the GREs behind you, and sounds like your score is pretty good. i forgot you get scores immediately cos it's all computerized now. i'm putting off taking mine till dec. or january... i'm really nervous about them. honestly i am more confident about the MCAT than the GRE, which makes no sense. anyway.

binged yesterday... BLAH!!! but i also walked two miles, so like i said at least i am keeping up with the exercise. otherwise i know i'd be gaining weight like crazy.

Canuk4
10-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Iris thanks for the vote of confidence re the wedding. Yes I will get through it, have had alot of the last few days to myself. Yesterday was terrible, I was in tears and did not know what to do with myself. Today is a little better. Thank Goodness. At least your binge was done with walking to counter it, that's a good thing Iris.

SD Gal, you are doing so good, even with a little extra chili, I'm proud of you.

Becky congrats. with the GRE mark and getting through it.

Jasmine, big congrats to you, out of the 200's, that is fabulous and smaller fitting clothes to boot, way to go girl. Hope your feeling a little better.

I have been eating not too bad, had pizza yesterday with dip, 2 pcs. but was careful about what else I ate. Water was also good. Today food was great, water too and I exercised for 45 mins. and got my 1 mile in. Still fighting myself to keep up the exercise, thinking of going back to water aerobics, got to get the schedule though.

Welcome back sugarbaby!

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
10-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Today is already getting off to a crappy start. I was gonna sleep in and just miss class, but I thought no I wanna get good grades and stop being a slackers I'm going to go so I got up and got my homework done, but as I was sitting on the couch a man unlocks my front door and walks in (i didnt think anything of it at first cause I thought it was DBF coming home, I was wrong) and I said um Hi, and he said that he was there to spray for bugs that my landlord should have told me and I informed him that he didn't, but he can go ahead and spray....no big deal to me since I could stay there and it took 20 seconds. Then he said Oh today is also the day that the locks are being changed, Um, What? Yeah apparently my landlord also decided to change all the locks in the apartment building, which I did not know about and now I have to miss class and wait for the %@*^#% keys otherwise I will be locked out until tomorrow. This was told to me at 9:30 and it is nearly 11 and the locks still have not been changed. I'm stuck in between a rock and a hardplace because I don't want to miss my rat lab (next class), but I can't be locked out of my apartment until tomorrow. UGH stupid landlord

Jasmine31
10-09-2007, 12:55 PM
I wrote out responses to everyone yesterday and then Joe called on the phone, son hopped on the p.c. and closed my window and notepad!!! Uggghhh!!! lol

Sdgal:

Yes it feels great! I don't care if 14 doesn't "fit" I can still squeeze in to them! hahahah

Remember the calvin kleins I bought at the thrift store for $2.00 ladies?

I bought them way small and I squeezed into them yesterday too! Won't wear them out yet though. ;)

Good to see ya back sd gal!!!

Rhighlan86

That's awesome Jasmine, I saw in the other thread where you posted this and I agree with one of the other posters you shouldnt buy a scale, just go check out Walmarts in case you might want to in the future

Yeah it is too tempting to weigh every day when it is right at home! lol

Well girls today I took my GRE and I have to say I feel pretty good about it, I got nearly 1000 (960). That is average I believe, but I am OK with it.

That is good! Keep it up!!

iriswhispers:

jasmine - CONGRATS!!! =) good to hear your b.p. is going down as well as the weight loss.

Thanx hun!

Yeah keep praying everyone.

When I went to the store, 8 days ago sunday morning to get the vitamins,

the 1st reading said 158/71, the 2nd reading said 147/98, that was after sitting and waiting a few minutes.

Well I went yesterday. The 1st reading said 145/? (cant remember, the 2nd reading after waiting a few minutes said 135/86.

SO it is still high and needs to get lower but it is not as high, praise the Lord! It is down 13 points on the first reading from last week and 10 points on the 2nd. Thank God. The second number needs to go down too.

I KNOW I am going to be okay and just need to keep working on this.

Court is coming up on Thursday(remember my ex started all that crap and then passed on, we have already asked the clerk and only he can dismiss it. Now obviously it is just a custody dispute and he won't be there to try to get them but we don't want to goof anything up and are still feeling like we need to go. Please pray we get this done and over with once and for all! That he dismisses the case and any orders along with it. I know that has been a point of my stress this last year too.

binged yesterday... BLAH!!! but i also walked two miles, so like i said at least i am keeping up with the exercise. otherwise i know i'd be gaining weight like crazy.

That is good at least you can maintain!

Canuk4

*BIG HUGZ* Just take a breather and relax. I know how stressful wedding planning can be. It will be here soon and will be worth it!!

Jasmine, big congrats to you, out of the 200's, that is fabulous and smaller fitting clothes to boot, way to go girl. Hope your feeling a little better.

I am, see above.

I have been eating not too bad, had pizza yesterday with dip, 2 pcs. but was careful about what else I ate. Water was also good. Today food was great, water too and I exercised for 45 mins. and got my 1 mile in. Still fighting myself to keep up the exercise, thinking of going back to water aerobics, got to get the schedule though.

I had some oven pizza yesterday too!

Rhighlan86

Oh my!!! I would have a fit! I would of gone to class anyways and then showed up on managers door demanding keys! That is rediculous!!!!

Jasmine31
10-09-2007, 01:00 PM
Okay so aside from that like I said there were a few days last week I barely hit 300 cals I was so stressed. Two days I was able to force like 1200 cals down. That really scared me literally NOT wanting to eat for 5 days! Thanx to alot of prayer I have been okay since friday.

I have to admit, my ex passing on at 35 really scared the heck out of me. He was hypertensive and was diabetic. You hear someone else had high blood pressure, then yours is reading high and does so every now and then, I just freaked.

brb

Jasmine31
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
29 300
30 1371
1 846 cals
2 365 cals
3 368 cals
4 1189
5 1855
6 1504
7 1498
8 2016

Those low days were really scary. I am normally not EVER like that. Even when I have gotten stressed out before like in march when my ex delivered paperwork right before dinner one nite, I didn't eat finner that nite but I ate the next day ya know?

The 1371 and 1189 day I FORCED myself to eat! and the 889 day and the 300 days. ugghhhhh

Anyhow my target is 1400-1500 cals a day. Yesterday I splurged a bit and had pizza.

I am at 475 minutes walking for the month.

I really hope I can be 180 by turkey day!

sugarbaby269
10-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Jasmine...I'm sorry to hear the news about your ex. How horrifying! It looks like you're doing a bit better as the days go by. Big hugs to you.

I'm thinking this is going to take me a little time getting back into posting about my diet. I did find my nitch in the diet world thanks to my doctor. I found out yesterday that I'm insulin resistant. My blood sugar and glucose levels are fine but my insulin is pretty high. The doctor told me I was "kissing cousins with diabetes." She is giving me glyco something or rather to help get rid of the extra insulin and help regulate my body. She informed me that this is why I've been in what I call the weight loss twighlight zone for so long. In times past I have tried so hard to lose but just couldn't budge an inch or anything but a pound or two. The good news is that by taking this RX I will begin to get my body back to normal and should be able to lose weight and much faster than the rate that I've been going. (That rate being zilch :( ) So, I'm glad about that, although the diabetes thing freaks me out. My doctor said that if I follow her plan then I should get my body back to normal and then will be able to get off of the rx. This is my goal, ladies. She put me on the Zone diet as well. I'm still reading the book but it really makes sense as to why my body is doing what it's doing. I asked her why she thought I had this going on and she said it's just something we're born with. Nice, huh? So now I need to not only really focus on small meals throughout the day, always eating a protien with a carb, but also getting at least 30 minutes of exercise a day.

Lunch today I ate fish and a salad and for dinner I'll probably have chicken and veggies. I did have some rice crackers with my lunch. I need to get to the grocery store but things are hectic around here as usual.

Good luck to you all and a big congrats on your weight loss, Jasmine! Praying you'll be feeling better really soon.

Jasmine31
10-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey sweetie! Thanx for the condolences and prayers! I will pray for you too. From what I have been hearing lately, when the weight comes off, the diabetes goes away.

I don't know if it "completely" goes away, or if the down ward spiral effects go away, etc. All I know is whatever you have to do to get rid of this, please do it hun. You can beat this! Ask God for help. I also hear cinnamon is supposed to help stabilize blood sugar. Not sure about the insulin thing.

WALK, WALK, WALK, WALK!!!!!

martiniforme
10-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Hey all!
I've been gone so long, but so much has been going on!
What's happened?
I left my fiance, Shaun.
I stayed with my sister for 2 months... a very unhealthy 2 months
I moved across the country to Montreal
And I met someone amazing!

I've managed to keep making somewhat healthy decisions, although my walking has been lacking. I'm here today, ready to get back on track. He held me down for too long, using my self esteem and insecurities against me. And the worst part is, I let him.. I bought in to it.

I'm here!
No goals for this month other than to start tracking my foods and get back to my exercising regularly.

I'm glad to see some familiar faces are still around!!

And Jasmine, I got your messages, but I didn't have access to the internet for quite some time! Thank you sooo much for thinking of me, and sending messages to me on myspace! <3

sugarbaby269
10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Martini! Wb!

So sorry that you had such a negative experience in your last relationship but I'm glad to see that you're on your way to a much better spot in life! :hug:

Jasmine, RYC: I don't have diabetes (yet) and I don't plan on having it! My blood sugars and glucose are normal levels, just my insulin levels are high which could be a symptom of PCOS. At any rate, whatever this is, it's not good, but I plan on sticking to this diet and making sure to get some exercise in. At least now I have a sense of what to do. I was so unsure of what diet to go on, etc. but now I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things. The doctor feels like with the help of this glycophage stuff and the right diet I will be able to get my body back to working normally and eventually I won't have to take the glycophage. It's really nasty stuff as it makes you sick to your stomach, etc. But thanks so much for your prayers. I can certainly use them. :)

Have you read about the Kimkin's diet? I almost fell for that one. I'm so glad the caught that scammer. I don't understand how people can do things like that.... Anyway, so good to see you all again and looking forward to getting back on track.

:grouphug:

Nikaia
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Hi everyone...I used to hang out on HHCC a long time ago, then everything went all funhouse-mirror on me and I haven't been here in a while. Settling down again though, so, here I am.

Martini, good to see you're doing better now! Sounds like a healthier situation all around for you.

Interesting night tonight...well "breakfast" was afternoon, and doubled as lunch, and was this great parisian chicken soup with half a chicken pomodoro panini, and an apple. So it was a little high-cal for one meal, but it was also two meals for me for today so I wasn't bothered. But tonight's dinner, at a friend's house, was deep-friend pierogies and grilled onions and ham, with iced tea. Deep-fried! Gah...and of course they were SO GOOD. I managed to confine myself to three pierogies (and a half, I confess) and a few ounces of the ham and onions. Currently chewing gum to keep myself from attacking the ice cream in the freezer (half a gallon of white-chocolate-almond, impulse buy, dammit).

Exercise, doing HORRIBLY. As in, I haven't worked out for maybe two months. I don't know what to do. I don't run outdoors at all. I don't have a pool anymore, with the place I've moved to. No room near the TV to do any of my DVDs, and all the DVDs are packed still anyway. What's a girl to do?

iriswhispers
10-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Nikaia - good choice with the gum. personally i attacked the ice cream in my freezer tonight, which my stomach is currently regretting.

best to all - i'm really stressed right now but i'll catch up shortly! =)

Canuk4
10-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Well well, what a nice surprise to have so many people back on the boards, welcome one and all.

I am beat, dh came back with a totally packed car from the cottage and I got to unpack it all and put it away, up and down the stairs till I could do know more climbing (thanks to the kneeb, giving out), but was still able to get most of it put away. One box not unpacked and brought down two bags of winter clothes from the attic. Still lots more to come in, dh and son may do it Friday.

Boy would I be mad if some guy just walked into my apartment without notice, plus the key changing on top of that, I would of hit the roof, sorry it was such a lousy day.

BBl
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
10-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I was mad at first, but eventually calmed down. When they finally changed the locks it only took a few minutes. They said it was to put the whole building on a master key system so I said alright and then my boyfriend said something about that meaning that all the keys for every apartment may be the same. Now I'm a bit freaked. He said he would test it out for me if it bothers me :lol: Hope everyone elses day was good :) Food on my end was good up until around 9 and I started starving again. I tried downing a ton of diet green tea and I was still hungry so boyfriend made me a 98% FF hotdog with baked fries, It put me over on points for the day, but it was healthy. So all in all I feel OK with it. I just wish I could get back on 100%

iriswhispers
10-10-2007, 11:42 PM
first of all, no more cigarettes. period. end of story.

second, welcome to everyone i haven't met yet! sounds like some of you were on here before i was and have just returned, so welcome back. and apologies that the first you're hearing from me such a downer.

i had a REALLY bad day... not food-wise, but emotionally. in fact i've been too moody to eat, and i had cigarettes for supper. i won't go on about it too much on here, i've just been really resentful of myself and where my life is right now. things that i should be taking the initiative to fix, but somehow can't muster the strength to take the first step in any definitive direction.

what i really need right now is to move back home and get myself together - however i broached this topic with my parents a few nights ago, and a lead balloon would have gone over better... my father flat out said no way.

Rhighlan86
10-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Welcome to everyone!

Congratulations on the no more cigs iriswhispers! Thats awesome! I'm sorry about your dad saying no, hopefully he will change his mind.

Hope all is going well everyone!

Canuk4
10-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Iris, I am sorry about your problems. Do you think you are depressed and might need somthing to help you get thru day to day things. I suffer from it and it sounds like this maybe the problem. (I am not a professional, so just a suggest).

Becky, even tho you went over points at least it was healthy and if you exercised at all then that could counter the extra.

Food and water and exercise went well today. Did a little shopping as well.
Beat and going to bed now.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.

lodyangel
10-11-2007, 01:24 PM
The first thing I did this morning upon arising from my warm bed was go looking for the little heaters! It was frigid in my little box this morning! The low here last night was 38 degress! Brrrrr! It was 90 degrees 4 days ago! That is a HUGE difference! The cold is bringing many problems to light. I need to get the house cleaned up so I can lug in the heaters. We heat with electric...can’t afford the gas. It is suppose to warm back up into the 70’s next week, but it will not be long before they will be needed, might as well get it done. I need to finally pull out all the kids summer clothing from their closets and get the winter clothes out of storage, washed and put up. I need to find a nice pair of thermal gloves & something to cover my ears for when I run. I will probably have to buy the gloves.

I have the day off!

I took today off and tomorrow we had off anyway, so I get 4 days off! I have a mountain load of homework due before midnight on Sunday. My classes end then and I have alot of stuff still to do! Yep, I am a procrastinator.

So when it warms up a little at least into the 50’s...I am gonna go for a run. Until then I plan on doing laundry, dishes, general cleaning. Then after my workout I plan on doing homework. I still have Halloween decorations to put up so i will do that one day this weekend. Tomorrow is just for getting my bedroom into livable order!

I have been reading the book “Skinny B*tch”. It is really good. I have read it once already and am now reading it again. It is about what you should and shouldn’t eat, the horrific treatment of animals in factory farms and slaughter houses, about the gross negligence of the USDA and the FDA to protect us. Even if you do not agree with what the authors are saying, it is a thought provoking read...especially if you are wanting to become a healthier person. We are told that some things are healthy and when YOU do the research you find that what the government (the USDA) is telling us is not exactly true. Ladies, learn about what goes into your food!

As a result of reading it I am cutting down on the amount of meat I eat. I eat meat for both meals everyday! That is too much, so I am cutting down to once a day. Eventually maybe more. There are some veggie meat alternatives that are really good. Gardenburger’s portabella burgers are awesome, as are their meatless ribs, and Boca burgers chicken patties...and Boca burgers “groundbeef!” I made tacos with the “ground beef” the last 2 nights (It was so good the first night I had to eat it again!) and they were heavenly! I had stopped eating tacos because I didn’t like the way they tasted anymore, but with the boca burger groundbeef it tastes good again! YAY! Tonight I am making Chili with it and I am hoping that no one notices the difference!

Iris! Great Job quiting the smoking! you can do it! Sorry to hear your parents weren't so receptive about you moving back home. That is a shame. I hope everything works out for you and gets better! :hug:

Jasmine: Hang in there you are doing great! Your still in my prayers!

Becky: :master key system may also mean that the landlord has one or two keys that will open all the apartments, not that each tenents keys would open other apartments...sorta like a skeleton key where one key could open any lock. If your key will open other apartments and vice-versa I would complain to your landlord and then look for another apartment.

Welcome to all the newbies and all the returnees! Glad to have you here.

Speaking of here I have not been here in a little while. Things have been going good. I have been working out like I should, eating better. Now this week my weight has stalled out. A sure sign that TOM is coming! Grrr! But I can't complain too much as I had a 4 pound loss last week! I took my measurements and lost another 7 inches in September! That brings me to a total of nearly 21 inches lost!!!! Yay me!

Nikaia
10-11-2007, 02:23 PM
Iris - congratulations on quitting smoking, and best of luck! It's tough, but I have faith in your ability to stick with it. I'm sorry your parents are being unsupportive...do you know why your dad said no? Did he give a reason? Would it be possible to discuss further with him? Good luck on dealing with that, too.

Melody - Sounds like you're doing great! I read "Skinny B*tch" a long time ago. Honestly...it annoyed me, not because of what they said, but because they were kind of dishonest about what kind of book it was. It's touted as a diet book, but really it's more of a (militant) vegan manifesto. Now, I have nothing against veganism or manifestos or anything, but I wish they would have been honest instead of just saying "Want to lose weight? Read this!" Disingenuous, that's all.

But anyway. I think I'd face revolt if I tried to switch over totally to vegan products. I like Boca chik'n patties, but I haven't tried their ground beef or anything. Is it more expensive than regular ground beef? Because I use ground beef pretty regularly, and I bet meatless would be better for me.

For myself, I'm doing okay I guess. Yesterday was a little hard emotionally, but I managed to keep my calories in the acceptable range, even with having a Sonics steak-bacon-egg breakfast burrito for breakfast, and a reheated slice of pizza for lunch/dinner. I basically didn't eat anything else. Not exactly healthy, I know, but still under 1800 calories for the day and that's more important to me right now. If I can't have healthy AND low-cal, I'll just go for low-cal and sort out the nutrition later. It would help if Boyfriend would eat his share of the damn pizza already though, I'm tired of it sitting in the fridge staring at me. If he doesn't eat any today, I'm just going to throw the last of it out.

Bought myself some workout clothes yesterday, since I'm finally joining a gym soon...but then had to try to shop for sports bras. Which is incredibly depressing when you're a size 38DD/DDD shopping at a generic clothes store instead of a pricey bra-boutique. I literally tried on over a dozen different bras in different sizes, and NOTHING was capable of holding me in. I hate my boobs. So instead I came home and (finally) ordered a few Enell bras. At $50 a pop, they're expensive, but should be worth it in the long run, and since nothing else seems likely to work...well, reviews said the Enell will hold even the "well-endowed" stable and secure. So I'm waiting on those to get here before I *actually* go join a gym, since there's no point in getting a membership and having to wait a week to go get started.

But...soon!

Canuk4
10-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Hi ladies Nikaia, hope the bra's come quickly so you can get started at the gym. But you seem to be doing good anyhow, good going.

Melody 21 inches, that is fabulous, wish I was there. I never measured before, I know I have lost some inches in the way the clothes fit, but not that much. Congrats.

Iris, I am so proud of you for quitting smoking, that is really hard, I know, been there and am smoke free 2 yrs and 10 months. Congrats. Hope your Dad will re-consider.

Melody the weather here is much the same, I am freezing and had the air on Monday night as I could not stand the heat and humidity. Wild aye.

Food so far is pretty good, finally finished the spin. dip (no more temptation), have salad and chicken for supper. Water is going well, need to exercise for today, but got it done yesterday, walking and exercising. I was down one pound today, from 205.7 to 204.2. so am happy for today.

Have to see a lady at Dad's tomorrow to see how much help he can get from the government. No high hopes on that, even at the age of 95 and with macular in both eyes. Say a prayer we will get some help, he really needs it.

Then I am going to shop for the main prize for the Stag and Doe and what ever else we need, with the maid of honour. Then Sat. it is finally going and ordering the Wedding Cake with my daughter. Everything seems to be happening quickly. Trying to remain calm.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
10-11-2007, 11:02 PM
The first thing I did this morning upon arising from my warm bed was go looking for the little heaters! It was frigid in my little box this morning! The low here last night was 38 degress! Brrrrr! It was 90 degrees 4 days ago! That is a HUGE difference!

I understand this completely! They are talking snow with us. I love it in a way, but at the same time I don't. I want to enjoy fall, I don't want snow yet. Cold is OK as long as it stays cold, I hate this back and forth stuff. I need to get a new winter jacket since I put on some weight, but I can't seem to find one with a price I like.

Bought myself some workout clothes yesterday, since I'm finally joining a gym soon...but then had to try to shop for sports bras. Which is incredibly depressing when you're a size 38DD/DDD shopping at a generic clothes store instead of a pricey bra-boutique. I literally tried on over a dozen different bras in different sizes, and NOTHING was capable of holding me in. I hate my boobs. So instead I came home and (finally) ordered a few Enell bras. At $50 a pop, they're expensive, but should be worth it in the long run, and since nothing else seems likely to work...well, reviews said the Enell will hold even the "well-endowed" stable and secure. So I'm waiting on those to get here before I *actually* go join a gym, since there's no point in getting a membership and having to wait a week to go get started.

I have never bought sports bras over $5 but I'm not on the well endowed side (36B), but I have spent that much for a regular bra. And you know what, I won't go back to buying regular ones at Walmart. I tried to thinking it's all the same, but after you have a nice bra you can not compare them. That's good too that you went ahead and spent the money on sports bras because I saw an article on MSN that said that regular bras are not meant to withstand the impact of working out. They said it depreciates their life by 3-5 months. Thankfully for me all I have to do is get a sports bra a little smaller than what I need and I'm crazy secured (I look like a boy) ;)

Food so far is pretty good, finally finished the spin. dip (no more temptation), have salad and chicken for supper. You could have sent it to me, I gladly would've accepte it's yumminess :D

But anyway. I think I'd face revolt if I tried to switch over totally to vegan products. I like Boca chik'n patties, but I haven't tried their ground beef or anything. Is it more expensive than regular ground beef? Because I use ground beef pretty regularly, and I bet meatless would be better for me.

I like the veggie sausages, I never really liked ground beef personally so I don't buy it.

martiniforme
10-13-2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks to all of the welcome back's!

I only have a brief moment before I have to head out, but...
I had a job interview yesterday, and was informed yesterday afternoon that I got it!
It's as an account manager for a pharmacy wholesale company.
This is a victory for me as I am not bilingual in a french nation, still managing to find an english job, woot!

<3<3<3

I will be back this afternoon for full replies.

Canuk4
10-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Martiniforme, congrats on getting the job. I know being Bilingual is a major escecially in Quebec and the Ottawa area. My son was offered a job in Ottawa, until they found out he only spoke English. I don't think that is fair and I have quite a few French relatives living in Quebec, most times a few imparticular who know you don't speak the language, purposely will speak French in front of you, that is just bull---- to me, especially when they can speak English. So be congrats to you, I think you must of really impressed them.

Well today is the last day at the cottage, dh and ds are bringing back the last of it, thank goodness. To much other stuff needs attending to here.

We just found out this morning that my aunt in Rochester, N.Y. passed away this morning. She was one of my fav's, she had this really cute little giggle and was always in a good mood. She was 91 tho and had an operation that they did not even think she would pull through, she did and lasted about 3 weeks or so. I feel sorry for her youngest daughter, they were so close, it was like her best friend and she was at her Mom's house to look after her almost completely. She does have a husband and two kids, but her Mom came first. Her father is still alive, but not a very nice man, considering he is my Dad's brother, they are totally different. We are waiting to hear about the arrangements and my dh to get back, before we decide what we will do. Its about a 3-4 hr. drive, plus we have to consider what my Dad wants to do as well, and is able to handle.

Splurged a little yesterday, beyond my regular foods, had some yogart ice cream, and some crackers and cream cheese. Did not do much exercise, other than walking around Costco (got a bar fridge for a door prize, for the Stag and Doe). Made my son some macaroon's and did dishes and the likes, nothing to write home about, but was up early for a meeting with a home health care worker for my Dad (8 am) so was tired last night.

Someone mentioned snow, I agree, let us just enjoy the autumn first, I had the furnace on again last night and may need to put it on today. Still have to go order the Wedding Cake and finish my son's laundry.

Water was good yesterday as well. Got to get that exercise in!!!

Have a good day all.
Sharon S.

Nikaia
10-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Martini, grats on the job! I understand the bilingual thing...I'm from California, and you practically HAVE to be bilingual Spanish-English to get jobs in certain industries. Restaurant, janitorial, etc. In high school, I had to take a language, and I flat refused to take Spanish, as a protest because EVERYONE was taking it. So I took French instead. I kind of regret it now, though...ah, well. Good luck with your new job!

Sharon, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. It may have been expected that she would pass soon, but that doesn't make it any easier when it happens. *hugs* for you and your family.

Oh, also, how did things go with your dad getting aid and stuff?

Righlan - you're so right about bras. I wore Walmart/Target/etc bras for years, until I was shopping with my boyfriend's mom at Macys and she told me I should get sized for a proper bra (I had the bad habit of wearing sports bras all the time. Not even good sports bras.) and she bought me my first semi-expensive bra, it was $45...I've never gone back to generic stuff. Just went on a "bra blitz" before I moved, bought myself six new bras since I had worn everything else I owned into the ground, spend almost $200 but worth every penny.

My Enells came in today, and I LOVE them. Wish they'd come in half-sizes, since I was right on the cusp between sizes and opted for the bigger...I might add a tiny dart along the sides to make it fit better. But even as it is straight out of the package, I am SUPPORTED! Love that. Going to the gym on Monday to talk membership prices, wish me luck.

Rhighlan86
10-13-2007, 07:54 PM
Nikaia- That's too funny about the bras, that is the same way I got mine. I was shopping with my boyfriends mom at Victorias Secret and she made me get fitted and she bought me one. Now I only buy from there :lol:

Nikaia
10-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Lol! Hooray for almost-moms, huh? I don't do Victorias Secret because they only go up to DD. But I love Frederick's of Hollywood. Gorgeous bras, decent prices, and every conceivable size.

Canuk4
10-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Well must say I have never shopped with a almost mother-in-law or one for bra's that is new to me. But your right, mine don't fit properly and losing weight doesn't help the fit. Have been fitted, but grew out of them, and need to lose at least 35 more pounds before I would be back in it. Will have to get fitted again for a good one for the wedding.

Nikaia, thank-you for the kind words, and you are totally bang on with what you said. Been dealing with my Dad not in a good mood as he is not up to going to the funeral and is having a hard time accepting it, as I told him it would be different if it was his brother, plus the fact him not going to his home town to visit this summer told them all his back really is bad. Poor Guy. As for the help, we got 1 hr once a week to help walk him to the shower, check on him part way thru and then walk him back upstairs. They can also do some other little job, like his dishes or counters or the likes. I was hoping for a little more.

Food has been good today, water not bad, still need to exercise. Still no umph!

Take care ladies.
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
10-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Well my dbf is an only child so his mom never got the joys of having a daughter and she is very girly and loves to shop. So having me there is like having a daughter. Our families are already pretty much figuring on a wedding sometime ;)

Nikaia
10-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Same for me, Righlan. Although my boy isn't an only child, but he's got one brother and no sisters. So his mom was daughter-deprived too, and since bf's brother doesn't seem inclined to find anything like an actual relationship anytime soon, I'm it. My family doesn't expect us to get married - in fact, I think they're hoping we won't as we're both pretty young yet - and I doubt his mom is expecting it, she knows her son too well (he's not in favor of marriage as a concept at all).

Sharon - that sucks that your dad can't make it to the funeral. I will say, at least he's getting *some* help at home. It's not much, but it's a start. Is there any way to work into better care from that?

Well, I'm off to pick up the necessary bits to make cupcakes for the boyfriend as a surprise. He's been craving cupcakes for awhile, and he's out of the house for another hour or two, so...I'm just going to have to inform him that they are HIS bloody cupcakes and he is NOT to let me have any. He's usually good about that sort of thing, he understands this is important to me.

Rhighlan86
10-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Today has been a crappy crappy day. It started out OK foodwise I still had a good amount of pts for the day I had eaten decently and then all of a sudden I got crazy emotional and blew the whole points thing. I can tell you straight up that I wasn't hungry by any means I was upset and stressed. My dbf and I are having a funky day, neither of us are mad at each other we are just staying away from each other and honestly it just feels weird. This happens sometimes. It just upsets me when this happens, plus I'm stressing about everything right now and feeling like a cow. So what do I do....I eat :?: Blah....

update....well foodwise I still have 5 points for the day, i just stopped eating. BF wise I can't quit crying. Like I said all day it's been really funky, but I went in and gave him a hug and he just stood there and then went into the bathroom so I went back into my room and shut my door. When he came out of the br I heard him shut his bedroom door and lock it. He then signed offline. I try to ask whats wrong and he says nothing. I don't know what I do that is so terrible.

update #2 Well the crying thing is done. He just wanted some alone time, since neither of us are working right now (we are both focused on school) we see each other nearly 75% of the time and he just wanted time to himself and actually I am enjoying my time to myself. I overreacted because period is nearly here (boobs are killing me I know its coming) and I get crazy emotional during that. I'm actually getting my homework done and doing whatever I want so I kinda like it. Any of you all need some alone time away from your SO?

Nikaia
10-14-2007, 08:19 PM
*hugs* I'm sorry you're having a rough day emotionally. For your question, I got my alone time last night. Boyfriend went to his D&D group last night, was there for...8 hrs or so? Something like that. And I didn't feel like playing, so I stayed home alone. Played Guitar Hero by myself, putzed around online, took a nice long shower without feeling guilty for hogging the bathroom...made cupcakes for the boyfriend because he'd been *****ing about wanting some for weeks now, had one and he had a few, then we took the rest over to a friend's today and left them there. The thing is, with my bf and I, we're still in the "honeymoon phase" of living together. I just moved here two weeks ago, so we're still acting like we're joined at the hip.

And, I have budgeted both calories and time for a *real* date. Going out to dinner at this steak place, and I'm going to ENJOY this. *grin*

Canuk4
10-15-2007, 12:42 AM
Nikaia and Becky, sometime by ourselves I think is good. I enjoy being by myself, sometimes I think to much, but after 26 yrs of marriage (as of Nov.) I guess that is to be expected. But sometimes I do ask when he is downstairs a lot if something is wrong. When he is here I don't like being by myself all the time. Weird.

Went to about six stores for pop for S&D this Sat. with my son, was freaking him out with worrying about everything, so he will be home tomorrow night so we will either have the maid of honor down or on speaker phone and get things down on paper. I am a finatic about being organized, I want everything just right, got to realize things will be what they are and we can just do our best.

The wake and funeral for my aunt is this Friday and Sat., being advised by family members to not go, to much stress with Stag and Doe Sat. still have not decided. There is so much to do, some people don't have cars, others like my son has an exam that day. I just feel everything is such a mess.

Food went well and water too, got my exercise in last night and did quite a bit of walking today. Bought a fridge with my siblings for my Dad for Xmas, his keeps dropping puddles on the floor. Three of us are on board the other one has not called me back. (Dad was with me and approved of it).

Nikaia, yes I hoping after awhile we will get more help for Dad. His vision is really bad, so certainly could use it.

Well have a good Monday ladies. Talk to you then.
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
10-15-2007, 01:46 PM
poo! i just wrote a bunch of responses and accidentally closed the page and lost it all... don't you hate that??:rolleyes:

lately my food and exercise have not been good - however it's a new week, so i feel like i have a fresh start today. and one positive thing i can say is that i have not smoked a single cigarette! =)

today i am going to check out a different gym... i currently go to LA fitness, but there is a cheaper gym that is all women and closer to my house. i used to go to a women's gym, but it closed. guys at the gym don't bother me, but i truthfully preferred my old women's gym.

sharon - i hope things work out for you this weekend, sounds like a LOT to manage going on... don't let the stress get to you (i know, much easier said than done!)

nikaia - good call giving the rest of your cupcakes away - get rid of the temptation! i love baking stuff for my friends or my dad because i can have a little bit and then get it out of my house.

becky - i get super emotional around my period too, but any time of the month i think it's nice to have some time away from your SO. i'm single at the moment (well, technically) but i think the best thing for my last relationship was the fact that we did spend time apart from each other - either with other friends or just by ourselves.

best to all for the week! =)

Rhighlan86
10-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks everyone, things are so much better today...he is just really stressed and getting completed frustrated with school. I let him know though that I was thinking about him I just didn't want to bother him.

Jasmine31
10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Just a drive by, we have been so busy lately!!! The kids were out of school last week!

Thursday was court and the judge was cool, showed him and copied the death cert and he gave his condolences to the family and took us off the calendar!!! Hooray!!!

Then took the kids out to scandia mini golfing/ bumper boats/games etc.

Saturday we went to mojave narrows/fishing/park and spent time with my ex's dad and sis and bro in law and her twin sons, had a great time!!!

Sunday I was exhausted but went to church, running around the kids to the park, etc. It is monday and I am very tired!

Two nites I only got like 4, one nite and 6 hours sleep the next nite!!

I will catch up on post tomorrow.

I skimmed and seen MAnde is back!!!! Hooray!!!! I have missed you hun! Sorry to hear about your fiance! Better to find out now than to seal the deal. He didnt want to try to work it out? :(

Hey to everyone else!!

Canuk4
10-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Congrats Jasmine on the court battle finally ending. You really have been busy, nice for the kids too.

Well We had a meeting tonight re my favourite subject the Stag and Doe, I feel a little better that things are more in control and I know what is going on. Still a few questions though, but hopefully more answers tomorrow. I am going to the doctor Thurs. hoping I will get something to control or at least help with this constant anxiety, it drives me round the bend, it is like I can't turn my mind off. Dh coloured my hair for me today as usual, only the one I picked was the wrong one and is very dark, hopefully it will lighten up before the weekend, if not before the shower on the 28th.

Have not been very hungry today, so got the fruit in but not the veggies, the fibre from the cereal and milk and a yogart. Water went well too, but got the exercise umph! Did some last night but not today. I really got to get into water exercisers.

Take care all,
Sharon S.

Canuk4
10-17-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi all, SD Gal miss you. Well have got my exercise in two days running, that is a major for me, did 1 mile 1st night and 2 miles last night, plus floor both nights. Food was good as was water.

Today seems to be shaping up to be much the same, have a doc. appt. today and tomorrow. What a pain. Well I will try to get back to ya later.
Sharon S.

Rhighlan86
10-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Today has been a fairly good day, foodwise at least. I still haven't gotten my butt to working out more than doing squats or crunches. I want to start walking and get myself in gear, but I haven't seemed to found the motivation.
Hopefully everyone else is doing great today!

Nikaia
10-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Can I please get a kick in the butt, you guys? I've gone and toured the two main gyms in this town, decided which one I want to join - it's extensive, lots of classes, three cardio areas with TVs and DVD players on some of them, plus a "cardio theater" which is like a small movie theater, darkened and everything, only instead of sitting you watch while doing your cardio, and they play a different movie every day. The other one was dim, smelled kinda bad, and was mostly a jock gym. Half the price, but I'd rather pay for something I'll use...I'd make up any excuse I could to not go if I were at gym #2.

But anyway, I need to go in and actually sign up, and get started working out. The gym gives you a one-hour free session with a personal trainer to get you oriented and started, which will be good. I'm just...really self-conscious, especially about working out in a new place where I'm unfamiliar with the place, the layout, the machines. So I've been putting it off. Blegh.

Will respond to everyone later. I have to help bf edit his English paper that's due in an hour.

Rhighlan86
10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Wow that first gym sounds amazing....especially that movie part, i would do it if it was a good movie. ::kick in butt:: get in there! ;)

Canuk4
10-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Nikaia, it sounds as though gym #1 is it. Now you have to think of yourself and how much help it will be to you to go there and work out. You have done well with your weight, but could do even better by exercising. So get up and go NOW!!! Big KICK!!!

Food has been off for me today, I had pea soup for supper, which really was not too bad as well as crackers and was careful to count the points there as well. Then I had two granola bars and 1/2 a bag of rice rackers. And other than getting my water in, have not exercised. So not one of my prouder moments. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

The maid-of-honor for the wedding, buried her grandfather yesterday, then today took her father in to the hospital for a check, he has cancer and it has gotten worse and is bleeding internally. The poor girl, I feel so bad, to boot he is in the same hospital, same room that her grandfather died in. We will have to talk to her tomorrow and try and relieve her of all the things she was to do for the Stag and Doe on Sat. Thank goodness I saw my doctor to day and he gave me something to help calm me down. Tomorrow is my aunt's wake and Sat. the funeral, there is no way we can go now. I hate trying to make these type of decisions.

Have a good day tomorrow.
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
10-19-2007, 04:39 PM
i just finished a binge after promising myself i WOULDN"T binge today, because i'm going out for dinner to this great new place with someone i really like and i DON"T want to feel like crap. I wanted to be able to enjoy myself and not feel like a bloated, beached whale.

now i just want to cry... i wish i could make myself puke. that may be one of the sickest things i've ever said, but i do.

Jasmine31
10-21-2007, 11:20 AM
sugarbaby269:

But thanks so much for your prayers. I can certainly use them.

I just prayed again. We can pray for each other to be healthy!

Have you read about the Kimkin's diet? I almost fell for that one. I'm so glad the caught that scammer. I don't understand how people can do things like that.... Anyway, so good to see you all again and looking forward to getting back on track.

No I didn't read it.

Nikaia:

Hi everyone...I used to hang out on HHCC a long time ago, then everything went all funhouse-mirror on me and I haven't been here in a while. Settling down again though, so, here I am.

So good to see ya back hun!!!! *BIG HUGZ* :carrot:

iriswhispers:

best to all - i'm really stressed right now but i'll catch up shortly! =)

Hey good to see ya! Don't stress!!

Canuk4

How far away is the cottage?

Rhighlan86:

Now I'm a bit freaked.

Scary. I have wondered that about cars as well!

iriswhispers

first of all, no more cigarettes. period. end of story.

Congrats!!

what i really need right now is to move back home and get myself together - however i broached this topic with my parents a few nights ago, and a lead balloon would have gone over better... my father flat out said no way.

WHy did he say no?

lodyangel

It has been cold out here too!!

I have been reading the book “Skinny B*tch”. It is really good. I have read it once already and am now reading it again. It is about what you should and shouldn’t eat, the horrific treatment of animals in factory farms and slaughter houses, about the gross negligence of the USDA and the FDA to protect us. Even if you do not agree with what the authors are saying, it is a thought provoking read...especially if you are wanting to become a healthier person. We are told that some things are healthy and when YOU do the research you find that what the government (the USDA) is telling us is not exactly true. Ladies, learn about what goes into your food!

I read the review before. SOunds good!

WHat does boca have in it? Make sure you are getting your b vitamins though!

Jasmine: Hang in there you are doing great! Your still in my prayers!

Thank you, keep praying! I had a few bad food days around last weekend and by sunday I was doing bad again! B.p. went back up!

I have been getting back on track though. uggghhhh

Speaking of here I have not been here in a little while. Things have been going good. I have been working out like I should, eating better. Now this week my weight has stalled out.

Congrats and just persevere!

Nikaia

Good you deserve it!!

martiniforme:

only have a brief moment before I have to head out, but...
I had a job interview yesterday, and was informed yesterday afternoon that I got it!
It's as an account manager for a pharmacy wholesale company.
This is a victory for me as I am not bilingual in a french nation, still managing to find an english job, woot!

Hooray! That is great!! Did you move far from your old town?

Canuk4:

I am sorry to hear about your aunt!! :hug::hug::hug:

Nikaia:

Martini, grats on the job! I understand the bilingual thing...I'm from California, and you practically HAVE to be bilingual Spanish-English to get jobs in certain industries. Restaurant, janitorial, etc. In high school, I had to take a language, and I flat refused to take Spanish, as a protest because EVERYONE was taking it. So I took French instead. I kind of regret it now, though...ah, well. Good luck with your new job!

I live in Ca and I was going to say the same thing, or what about those school secretary/clerk/attendance jobs? You aren't bilingual, there are usually no jobs!

Rhighlan86:

Any of you all need some alone time away from your SO?

You two share an apt and he has his own room?

No we usually don't like time apart. He does go to work so that is our time apart. Sometimes he will want to relax and play video games or something, or I may play on the boards a bit.

*BIG HUGZ* Its just that time of month for you!!

And, I have budgeted both calories and time for a *real* date. Going out to dinner at this steak place, and I'm going to ENJOY this. *grin*

Sounds like fun!!

Canuk4:

The wake and funeral for my aunt is this Friday and Sat., being advised by family members to not go, to much stress with Stag and Doe Sat. still have not decided.

Has everything settled down yet? :hug:

iriswhispers

today i am going to check out a different gym... i currently go to LA fitness, but there is a cheaper gym that is all women and closer to my house. i used to go to a women's gym, but it closed. guys at the gym don't bother me, but i truthfully preferred my old women's gym.

All women sounds better!

Canuk4:

Congrats Jasmine on the court battle finally ending. You really have been busy, nice for the kids too.

Thanx sweetie!!! Yeah i am so happy!

I am going to the doctor Thurs. hoping I will get something to control or at least help with this constant anxiety, it drives me round the bend, it is like I can't turn my mind off.

Oh hun! Tell me how that goes!! Have you tried avoiding caffeine?

Dh coloured my hair for me today as usual, only the one I picked was the wrong one and is very dark, hopefully it will lighten up before the weekend, if not before the shower on the 28th.

I hope so too!

Canuk4:

I am sorry to hear about the bridesmaids family. I will pray!

iriswhispers

i just finished a binge after promising myself i WOULDN"T binge today, because i'm going out for dinner to this great new place with someone i really like and i DON"T want to feel like crap. I wanted to be able to enjoy myself and not feel like a bloated, beached whale.

now i just want to cry... i wish i could make myself puke. that may be one of the sickest things i've ever said, but i do.

Sometimes that happens. Don't beat yourself up over it. *HUGZ*

Okay so where are all the ladies at!!!

Okay so I haven't felt well this week. A few of my days were lower than 1200. I will have to look at yesterday.

I am just trying to avoid coffee and avoid bad foods mostly. My b.p. went back up, I think it is down more again. idk, I just want to be well.

We went out shopping for a fridge yesterday, bought a samsung and now I am freaking out if I made the right decision! The jdpowers and associates rated them best for last year!! Then I find a website with nothing but complaints!!

Has anyone had any experience with best buy ext warranty on fridges? Cause now I am thinking of calling and canceling my order, or maybe having to pay for an ext. warranty! :(

eeg
10-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi, I'm new. My name is Emily. I think I would like to participate in this challenge. My goals are to tone up and lose weight. However, I need to not get obsessed with it. I am a compulsive overeater/ binge eater and I have that "all or nothing" mentality.

I guess for the rest of this month, my goal would be to go to work out at least three times this week, write my food plan everyday, and stay away from the scale.

The workout would include 30-40 minutes of cardio and weight machines. I will focus on legs and abs and back on Monday, chest and shoulders on Wednsday, and arms on Friday. I will also do a CORE class on Thursday, and play raquetball once.

I will not weigh myself this week.
I don't want to give those numbers too much power. I seem to evaluate my self-worth based on the scale, and I want to get away from that. i have made a decision to weigh myself once a month, using the scale at the gym so its always the same scale. This will prevent the confusing variations I tend tend to get when using different scales. I will weigh myself at the end of this month.

I'm looking forward to read about others' adventures towards health. Good luck to everyone!

Emily

Rhighlan86
10-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Welcome eeg!

Jasmine~ we have seperate rooms to make the parents happy...since we are only dating it makes our parents happier knowing that we have two bedrooms. We actually do sleep apart quite a bit of the time because our beds are smaller and he kicks :lol:

Ugh...ive fallen off the cart and it ran over me recently, but i finally got the wake up call that i needed....i saw a picture of myself from behind....I was disgusted and actually have a new found desire to do this. Before I wanted to but there wasn't a real motivation. Now I'm ready!

Jasmine31
10-22-2007, 12:03 PM
eeg

That sounds like a great plan! We are glad to have you. Take pictures. Whenever I start seriously walking/eating right I don't usually lose but 1-2 lbs the first month, actually I usually gain a few as well. lol BUT I am building muscle and when I look at pics and compare I can see I am slimming up. So that is a good idea.

Rhighlan86:

Jasmine~ we have seperate rooms to make the parents happy...since we are only dating it makes our parents happier knowing that we have two bedrooms. We actually do sleep apart quite a bit of the time because our beds are smaller and he kicks

Do they really think that prevents anything? :devil:

Ugh...ive fallen off the cart and it ran over me recently, but i finally got the wake up call that i needed....i saw a picture of myself from behind....I was disgusted and actually have a new found desire to do this. Before I wanted to but there wasn't a real motivation. Now I'm ready!

*picks you up in her cart*

Get back on it! You can do it!!!

Well I am at 1095 minutes.I have been doing mainly the 60 instead of the 80 but that is cause I was having more muscle pain in my leg so I took a day off on I believe the 15th and now that I am doing 60 am not having trouble. Don't know what the deal is but as long as I can keep my cals around 1400 I will do great even without the extra 20 minutes!

My cals have been really good lately. Actually I have been trying to make sure I get enough.

Been drinking nothing but water. Maybe I will make green tea soon. Been eating oatmeal again. (My aunt said that is something she also did while getting her b.p. back under control)

I had actually started doing that a few weeks ago and then remember within a week the stats were 10 less? But then the kids ruined the rest of it somehow and then I had 3 careless bad food days and before I knew it my b.p. was up again! Yeah so I am on the straight and narrow now.

oatmeal, walnuts, beans, chicken, veggie, rice, cheese, little bit of avocado, tomato, onion. I did have a bit of a treat last nite, popcorn!

Total cals yesterday were 1433 or so. Cals the day before were about 1248, cals the day before were 1355, cals the day before were 880. Yikes! NOT GOOD! Don't try that at home kids!!! :D

Anyhow I am feeling alot better. I can even feel my collar bone more!

Rhighlan86
10-22-2007, 05:51 PM
:lol: I'm not really sure, I think they are hopeful, but they petty much know that we are getting ready for a wedding sometime soon

Jasmine31
10-23-2007, 10:44 AM
hahahahaha That is cool.

Well I got my 60 minutes in yesterday and my 1200 cals in too.

Tom is here so now I feel bloated. Oh well. I am feeling my collar bones alot more.

Due to fires down below the pass in So. cal the kids may not have to go to school today!

iriswhispers
10-24-2007, 04:14 PM
hey all! sorry i've been off in nowhereland for a while. I've been house sitting without internet... and also doing some pretty awful eating.:(

my brother and i have an application in for a pretty nice apartment, they are just waiting for his employer and my former landlord to call back and verify stuff.... so hopefully we will get the place. it's not the ideal location for me, but it is for him, and since i'll only be there for 6 months or so i figure i should be where he prefers.

i did join the new gym - or new to me, anyway - the all women's one. the women's gym i used to go to closed over a year ago and i have been going to LA Fitness, aka a co-ed MEAT MARKET. i'm not really intimidated by guys being there or anything, but i hate being checked out while i'm all sweaty and gross. i've heard the gym is the new most popular place to pick people up.... seriously, ew. not my thing. ANYWAY - i was SO EXCITED, cos i ran into three ladies who also went to my old gym that closed!! so hopefully i am going to go to classes with them monday and friday nights.

Jasmine - good job on the exercise and eating even w/ tom. i had that last week and i skipped the gym and ate ice cream instead... so props to you!

Becky - keep that renewed motivation up!! you can do it!

Emily - welcome! i'm a binge eater, too... it's really frustrating for me and i'm sure you know where i'm coming from. i used to weigh myself daily but i honestly did become weight-obsessed, so now i limit it to once a month. your goals sound great, stick with them!

Canuk4
10-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Hi all, I am back, we got through the Stag and Doe and were fortunate enough to make them about $1700. they were quite pleased. Of course there were the usual hick-ups and clashes with personalities, the maid of honor and my son being two. Son kept his mouth shut except for telling me, which worked out well. We had about 130 people show up, very few played games, we even ended up with door prizes left over.

I got my make-up done and the girl I know from the cottage behind us did it, she did it for free, what a sweetie. She won the grand prize at the Stag and Doe, which was a bar fridge, they are going to use it as an extra fridge for beer at the cottage.

Our cottage is about 50 minutes from here Jasmine. Thanks for the kind words about my aunt. I wrote a card today as we didn't go, just have to confirm the address.

I have been eating differently, tonight I splurged on 4 granola bars and some pizza just with tomato sauce 3 small pieces and some fruit and my normal 1/2 cup of cereal for breakfast. Might have some yogart before bed.

Congrats on the new gym Iris. Jasmine good work on the exercise. Becky keep up the motivation, it helps me to think of others being good when I am not.

Take care all, talk to you soon.
Sharon S.

iriswhispers
10-25-2007, 11:55 PM
sharon, glad to hear the stag and doe went so well! =)

tomorrow i am going to atlantic city with some of my girlfriends to celebrate a birthday. not my scene but hanging out with the girls is always fun. i need to remember to make time to eat before we go... otherwise i will either go nuts there or get really drunk (a drink or two on an empty stomach does scary things to me) and THEN eat everything in sight. Unfortunately i'm not sure where in my day to fit some lunch. i'll have to get up early and pack something to take with.

happy friday everyone! and come back... i miss you!

Canuk4
10-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Hi all, back again, Iris have a great time in Atlantic City and do eat and pack some food for later.

Got Dad's new fridge this week, cleaned out the old, washed the new and re-packed it, two days work. Oh well he is happy and no more water on the floor for him to take a dive, thank goodness. Took him for his eye appt. and she confirmed his eyesight has diminished. Poor guy is still having problems seeing tonight.

We are having the last shower before the wedding this Sunday, already have the gift and card wrapped and ready to go. There is still the cake issue, suppose to go order it at another place tomorrow. Shoes are still a problem for me and I have not tried on this outfit for the wedding yet. Not losing jUst staying at 204. Over ate yesterday, even though did 50 mins. exercise, today has been so so, ate a little more cheese and a few crackers than should of, the rest has not been bad, water is good too.

Jasmine where is you? SD Gal where are you, come on back to us ladies.

Talk to yu tomorrow.
Sharon S.

Jane
10-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Just a pop-in to make sure you saw the Bios sticky at the top of the page. There is an area reserved just for your group, if any of you would want to list your bios. :)

Rhighlan86
10-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Well things are doing fairly well, I just need to get back into the groove of working out. To do that I need to find a coat, but I haven't been able to find one I like. If you ladies have any suggestions on where to get a cute ski jacket thats not too expensive let me know! I went out today looking and came back with a purse and a wallet.....not exactly what I need.

Anywho hope all is well!

Canuk4
10-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi all, well did not do great the last few days with diet and exercise. all though I must of walked a mile plus at the mall Sat. Went to a nice Italian rest. for supper Sat. night, had chicken parmigeon and whole wheat spag. with garlic bread and a glass of wine. Um Um Good. We had a gift cert. we had gotten for our 25th Ann. last year and had to use it before the 7th of Nov. Glad we did.

Had my daughters last shower yesterday, more food I did not need, but did enjoy, have done okay today, food wise, water low and no exercise yet. Hopefully I will get it in tonight, still pushing myself to get off my *** and exercise.

We are going to have to have some work done on our house, it will probably cost around $7,000. which we don't have, but can't do the work ourselves, need special equipment for it, hopefully we can get it done in the new year, now is just not a good time. But it is a must as one corner of the house seem's to be lower than the rest and causing major cracks and doors won't close right, even the floors have risen in places. Just to add to the wedding stress. The shower was nice and two of my friends from high school were there as well as a few realatives. 14 in all, beautiful gifts.
Well that is about all for now. Talk to you later.

Sharon S.

Canuk4
10-30-2007, 12:55 AM
P.S. Just had to come back and let you know I got my water in, food ended up to be okay. I did my 2 mile walk with my tape and did 1/2 hr floor exercises. Yeah, got it done!

Have a good tomorrow,
Sharon S.

Jasmine31
10-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I was a bit sad when I swung in and didn't see anyone! So glad to see Iris and Canuk and Rhighlan! Lets keep this going ladies! When we don't come often is when we are more prone to goof up! lol

Melody where are ya??

Thank you Jane. I will take a look later!!

Well food wise I have been doing good still The last 2 days have been a little bad but not too bad. Walking, had to take a break for 3 days due to air quality. I have been posting alot on my blog. Anyone is free to comment/stop by.

Canuk I bet you will be relived when the wedding is over! lol Congrats on 25 years that is awesome!!

Rhighlan how will a ski jacket help you work out? lol

Iris, yes be careful with the alcohol!!

Rhighlan86
10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
It will make me stop being lazy and actually walk to class. The walk totals around 3-4 miles for the day so its good to do, but I have been making excuses and being cold is one of them. I finally did get a jacket though, but I made the mistake of not trying it on and surprise it was waay too big. It actually makes me look 3 sizes bigger than what i am so it is going back! This time I will try it on before i buy

SD Gal
11-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Hello ladies.. I haven't been able to log in and really haven't been excersizing or watching my eating habits well. I'm feeling like well, I don't want to. Isn't that stupid? Yeah, I know. My dh hasn't exactly been Mr. Motivator, either. We haven't been to the gym (something we could do "together"!) for over a month. I had such high hopes. Riiight. I'm mopey, I suck, I know.

Saturday will mark one year from my Dad's passing. It hit me hard this week, but I believe this is why I have been so low of late.

Did anyone mention how evil Halloween is? Yeah.

I hope to catch up on all the posts.. I see you have all made wonderful strides in the posts I've been able to read. :hug: Good Job!

I am looking very forward to the holidays despite the fact I will be cooking up a storm. :D I am truly looking forward to it. I got into the car this morning, turned my XM radio on, and found CHRISTMAS MUSIC on the Holly Channel. I sang my little heart out (windows rolled up mind you) all the way to work. I swear, I should be Mrs. Claus living in the North Pole, I love Christmas just that much. :mrsclaus:

Have a super day and even better weekend.

Love,
Me

iriswhispers
11-03-2007, 08:33 PM
as of wednesday night i'll be full time living in my new apt. right now i'm shuffling around between my old place, my parents place, the house that i'm pet-sitting at, and the new apt.

i meant to make a nice dinner tonight but the pre-made dough stuff i had apparently went bad so instead i had a nice little binge. =(

SD gal, i love christmas too, although i guess not as much as you. i LOVE all the cooking and baking and spending time with people, but i'm not ready for it until thanksgiving is over! =)

i hope to see everyone back on here soon, it's been kind of dead but i know i've been a part of that too! enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Rhighlan86
11-04-2007, 10:42 PM
I really don't have anything to say right now, but this board has been really quiet lately soo I wanted to bring it back up to the top :)

I've been exercising, but not eating so well. It seems like it's one or the other. I need to get them both in order.

I finally found a coat, but what sucks about it is when I stretch my arms out it's too short....I have the hardest time finding coats that are long enough. Also, I'm excited because I'm getting a new mattress on tuesday; ive been sleeping on a futon so this is gonna be nice!

Anywho hope all of you girls are doing great and get your butts back to posting ;)

iriswhispers
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
rhighlan - at least you've got one of the two going on... i've been stuffing my face AND avoiding the gym. but i'm feeling better after today so hopefully i am getting back on track!

i hope everyone is doing well... come on back! =)

Canuk4
11-06-2007, 12:56 AM
Hi all, sorry I have been away for a bit. Like a few mentioned just feeling blah! I felt better yesterday and took Dad over some home made chili, today was okay, although getting out of bed is a real problem for me and I always get up or wake at the exact same time, weird.

Well I finally tried my outfit on that I am suppose to wear to the wedding, thank goodness I have been watching the calories and doing Some exercise. It fits pretty good, sleeves and length need to be adjusted, a little tight through the middle, but since it has a jacket, looks pretty good, I even said a prayer before I put it on that it would fit and I would like it as I am not up to shopping for the moment. Shoes are still a bit of a problem, silver goes best, but the ones I have you can't wear nylons with. Will have to keep a look out for Xmas ones coming out.

Hope you ladies were able to get things together and get with the two eating and exercising. Trust me, I am okay eating wise, but exercise has been on the very slow side, I did a mile walking and about 45 mins yesterday and today, I think I did it today as I saw a loss on the scales this morning, 201.4 from 204.2, so was rather pleased. Will really have to watch it this month.

SD Gal so sorry to hear your Dad passed a year ago, I was just starting on the board then and did not see it, sorry. I hope you cheer up, Xmas sounds like your thing, try and concentrate on that.

I do the big meal and make the pies, but don't do baking otherwise, we don't normally have much family or friends over. My Dad always comes here, to hectic at my brothers places with grandkids. Maybe if were lucky we will have one here next Xmas.

Becky glad you found a coat, that means if its short in the arms, you need really long mittens. That is a pain.

Iris I am sure you will get things going again soon. Remember there is always tomorrow.

Jasmine how are you doing? How are the kids?

Well it is time for bed, see you hopefully tomorrow. SD Gal that means you tooooo.

Sharon S.

Jasmine31
11-07-2007, 11:33 AM
New thread for november everyone! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1921613#post1921613)