Support Groups - CRAZY CANUKS CLUCK CLUB - October '07

meowee
10-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug: . . .

Well it's a brand new day and a brand new month . . . so . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the current month.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome2: . . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :carrot:

meowee
10-01-2007, 08:23 AM
Okay, Chickies . . . welcome to OCTOBER . . . I love this month. Let's all try to make it one of our best ever . . .

I'm promising myself that I will get moving this month -- as many of you know I really abhor exercise. But I think my magnificently quick weight loss this year (13 pounds in 9 months - give me a break :s:) reflects the fact that I've come as far as I can without getting into a regular exercise routine. Soooooo, yesterday I ordered two new 'toys' . . .

(1) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr...929_TonyLittle

(2) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr..._070929_UrbanR

Now all I have to do is (well, after they arrive in a couple of weeks) use them. Actually, as I was doing a little bouncing around with my new "Buddy Ball" (replaced the one that sprung a leak), I was looking around my family/sun room and wondering where on earth I thought I was going to put all this stuff. Will just have to make room, because I know myself well -- out of sight means out of mind.

Anyway . . . weather is not exactly bright and shiny for the start of the new month, but hopefully it will improve. Temperature is a very chilly -1, but that is supposed to go to 17. We'll just have to wait and see what really happens, I guess.

Better get a move on, many places to go and things to do. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

practiceliving
10-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Meowee, you and I can be on the slow-train together. 9 months in and I'm only down 14lbs!

I'm stepping up the exercise, too. 30mins a day is my hundred-day-head-start goal. I'm also really really trying to be aware of the variety I put on my plate/in my mouth. In otherwords, a bowl of pasta alone is NOT a meal, no matter the size of the serving! That pasta needs some vegetable-friends with it!

meowee
10-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh I :love: pasta. Other than my breakfast, I eat very few starches. Most of my carbs come from massive servings of vegetables . . . I'm definitely the Queen of the BIG salad . . . pretty hard to eat too many calories worth of salad greens (so long as you watch the dressing, of course). :yes:

greeneggsandtam
10-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah! Okay so I haven't posted in about three months or so and I just wanted to say, hello again my fellow Canadians
I haven't gone off the rails too badly or anything, but I did go through a stage in my little journey towards health where I was doing nothing BUT lurk around and read posts from other folks here. (If I didn't have trouble with balancing my life I wouldn't have needed to lose weight in the first place. ) So I had to take a little break over the summer. Anyways, I hope all is well with everyone and as we slide into the inevitable **** that is a Canadian winter, I guess I'll get on board again here. So Happy Monday!!

meowee
10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Glad to have you back with us TAM . . . :hug:

chocco
10-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Good morning all ,

Today I will be getting weigh-in and I should be pretty close to the same . I have been busy with damage control the last week or so. Just after I reached my 50lbs goal , my husband the cook/ stay at home person stopped preparing my food and so I visited an old friend Wendy's 3 times for lunch during the same week and on top of that I had some garlic fingers and donairs one night for a late supper . I am not blaming anyone but myself for this setback. anyway now that I have worked hard for a week I am back to my 50lbs mark . YaY !!! I hope everyone is able to stay on track this week including me . Meowee , good luck with / scratch that here is me kicking you in the butt . :kickbutt: Use those machines when they get in . ( ok that is not suppose to be as violent as it sounds . ) I wish you determination and endurance while using your new toys .

Well I guess I should go get ready for my official weigh-in now .
see you chickies later .
Annette

meowee
10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :wave:

Annette -- feel free to :kickbutt: me anytime -- I know I will need it on a pretty regular basis. Once the new toys arrive, think I'm going to bring 'buddy ball' up here and use him instead of my computer chair. I figure a little extra 'abdominal tightening work' can't hurt. :D BTW, glad to hear you are back in the groove, girl, but howcome your "chef" quit on you?

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang . . . :carrot:

meowee
10-03-2007, 05:46 PM
GODZELLA (the Gazelle) has arrived . . . only 3 days after I ordered it . . . :yikes: . . . now I guess I'd better get it out of the box and find it a home.

meowee
10-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi CRAZIES . . . I'm talking to myself in here. :lol:

chocco
10-05-2007, 06:48 AM
Good morning all , just passing thru getting ready for work .
see you all later .
have a great day.
Annette

meowee
10-05-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm on the fly too . . . see you later . . . :wave:

meowee
10-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Looks like I'm talking to myself again . . . :shrug:

Good Morning . . . it's a beautiful day for the start of our long Thanksgiving weekend here in northern Nova Scotia so hopefully the good weather will continue and hopefully I will stay out of "all the trimmings" that seem to go along with the turkey. :lol:

I'm exhausted and I ache everywhere after the great deal of furniture rearranging and new toy assembling that has been going on since Wednesday. Both GADZELLA (the Gazelle) and TRAMP (the Urban Rebounder) are in place and functional now . . . Yippee . . . and BUDDY (the Stability Ball) has turned into a fine new computer chair since I gave him a little more air. Think I'll be fine with the Rebounder (although I will have to fight the cats for it since they've decided it makes a fine new bed) but it may take me a bit of time to conquer the Gazelle . . . it's :eek:

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang, and a great weekend, of course . . :carrot:

chocco
10-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Good moring all ,

I was able to get today off . I am going to my Godmothers house to join in the festivities . She is an awesome cook . She decided to have a family reunion. It should be fun to see everyone . I hope I can behave around the food.

So Meowee , you got both of your new toys. Have you tried both of them out thus far . If so how do you like them ?

Happy Thanksgiving to all you chickies !!! :turkey:

Annette

meowee
10-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi gang . . . :wave:

Sun this morning but they are predicting rain for this afternoon and into tomorrow. :(

So far, I like them, but will have to let you know as time goes by. I haven't really gotten the hang of things with Gadzella yet and definitely just beginning with the Tramp, too.

Have a great day. . . :carrot:

Rockie86
10-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Happy Thanksgiving Crazies!! :lol:
It's been a little while... unfortunately I still have nothing to report :(
I'm doing my thesis this year, and I had to start in September, since the company I was working for wouldn't let me use what I had done over the summer. So I'm having a pretty stressful time of it. This will hopefully taper off some after October is over. We have a conference at the end of the month where all the senior undergraduate students from Atlantic universities present their thesis stuff and have to answer questions :stress:
And while I am learning what I'm doing, and preparing a talk on it, I also have to go do the actual sample analysis the week of the 15th! Which means I have to know my stuff inside and out by then. Doesn't give me much time!! :(

So needless to say, going to the gym and watching what I eat has fallen a little on the priorities list. I am maintaining, though, which under the circumstances I'm okay with right now. Anything but a gain! :P But I still have my December 3rd goal to work toward so I think I need to start running soon. That's what's worked for me in the past... :exercise:
Hopefully I'll have more good news to report in the next couple weeks!

I love that when I say happy thanksgiving here people aren't like "um, that's not till November. Crazy person." :lol: Weather here is lovely, hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!!

chocco
10-08-2007, 06:57 AM
Good morning chickies ,

Well things are good here. I am not sure what kind of weather is coming but that is ok , I have to work today anyway . I think I did really good on my self control yesterday at my aunts house during the family reunion . I drank mostly water and 1 glass of diet pop . I waited to get my plate til last and there wasn't alot left ; so i was able to get a little of most foods . NO potatoes left so it was really great because that is ususally one of my big downfalls . I did allow myself to have a peice of no bake cherry cheesecake . The scale last night was reading 2lbs more than the night before but this morning it is was reading the same as yesterday morning.

I feel like i am repeating myself but

* * * * HAPPY THANKSGIVING * * * *
* * * * :turkey: * * * *

Annette

meowee
10-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

I did not do too badly yesterday either . . . no potatoes; no gravy; no dessert (except some fruit). I did overload on the stuffing, though. It's one of my major weaknesses. Sigh.

Looks like it's going to be one of those days . . . I spilled a 16 oz glass of water across my desk this morning. :yikes: Now my printer is going crazy again (it was closest). The rest of the system bits seem to be working just fine (obviously, since I'm here and typing :lol:). Can't even blame the cats; they were not in the room when I did it.

It's a little overcast right now but the sun has been breaking through a little. Hope it comes out to cheer the final day of our long Thanksgiving weekend.

Here's wishing all of you a wonderfulday of doing all the good stuff you possibly can. See you later.

Justwant2Bhealthy
10-08-2007, 12:29 PM
:thanks1: TO ALL OUR CANADIANS FRIENDS HERE ...

:thanks2: :turkey: :thanks2:

We also had our main dinner yesterday, and I ate everything including tators and dressing; it's only once a year. I am very THANKFUL that my sugars are in balance right now, so I can do that ...

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE ... :hug:ROSEBUD :hug:

practiceliving
10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Happy turkey weekend, all!

I was a naughty girl this weekend, but I had been planning to allow myself that for quite a while now. Now it's time to buckle back down and get crackin on my Christmas goal.

Starlet
10-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

GainingWeightInLa
10-09-2007, 10:31 AM
hidie ho all of my canadian friends! I may not know most of you as it has been quite a while since I last posted. I live in the US (Louisiana...gulf of mexico). I'm so glad you guys allowed me to join....hope no one still minds me being here. :)

Well, I definitely have not been great since my last post. :( I Had a total hysterectomy end of July ('07) with a 14" incision right down my belly, part of which got infected which extended my recovery by quite a lot. I had stage IV endometreosis which is why they had to cut me so much (Plus I had my gall bladder removed at the same time). Needless to say, it was a wild summer for me....I've been mostly concentrating on recovery, not weight. Although I'm paying for that now, as my clothes are getting tighter. :( I'm rejoining weight watchers hopefully next week--if nothing else falls apart. Looking for the encouragement that I know I can always count on here. It's good to be back...hope I can stick with it!!

meowee
10-09-2007, 11:01 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Another cool and pretty overcast day around here . . . predicted high is between 12 and 13 (about mid-fifties for you, Diana). Nothing too big on my agenda for today. Need to do a little grocery shopping (can you stand that much excitement?).

So far I'm getting along with both 'Tramp' (although he hurts my ankles) and 'Gadzella' (she gets my heart rate up there without hurting anything) . . . so far . . . I'm only up to about five miutes yet. :lol:

Slept in a bit this morning and I'm running behind now, so I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . see you later gang . . . :wave:

GainingWeightInLa
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Wow, Linda...what I wouldn't give for mid-50's. We tied a record high yesterday here in Louisiana--93 degrees!! This is crazy October weather, even for the deep south! I'm soooo sick of HOT weather! :( Supposed to cool off to near 80 for highs for the weekend. I can't wait! We're still enjoying the swimming pool and all other summer activities, although I'd rather be enjoying my fireplace! :(

Well ladies, I sat down with a plate of spaghetti a while ago (whole wheat noodles...don't think it was sooo bad for me). I need some fruit, but it's so high at the store right now...until spring, I know.

Guess I"m gonna go get busy......so much to do!

GainingWeightInLa
10-09-2007, 03:57 PM
I braved the scales today....have gained about 7 lbs, so I adjusted ticker and my cheers for every 5 lbs lost. :stress: It hurt, but it's true. No one can change it except me. It's aggravating that I was sooo close to onederland....I was within 18 lbs!! :( I can get back there in two weeks, I know I can.

Starlet
10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
^I am sure you can do it! :)

I've got 3 pounds that keep coming off and on (I don't know why - I'm sticking to this diet religiously) but as of tonight I'm going to go walking for half an hour every night. (Well almost every night, if I'm feeling sick I'm sure I won't go.)

Starlet
10-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Okay, so I bit the bullet and joined a women's gym and have my first workout tomorrow. I'm super stoked! :)

meowee
10-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Quick :wave: . . . computer is suffering from that "toilet-seat-disease" today

meowee
10-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Wow . . . looks like I'm talking to myself . . . again. :shrug:

chocco
10-13-2007, 06:26 AM
GOOD MORNING CHICKIES !!

Dont have anything much to say . Just passing thru as I am getting ready for work .

Have a good day all !

meowee
10-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Hi there CRAZIES . . . :wave:

chocco
10-14-2007, 06:49 AM
GOOD MORNING MEOWEE and to all the other chickies out there .
Sorry can,t stay and chat . Work is waiting for me.
ANNETTE

meowee
10-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Good Morning ANNETTE (and anybody else who happens to be around) . . . have a great day. :wave:

GainingWeightInLa
10-14-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi ladies! This weekend was youth deer hunt, so we've been in the woods (eating lots of junk!!) all weekend. My 9 yr old killed his first deer Saturday! He killed two this weekend! :) I'll try to post pics later...haven't even unpacked yet, so camera's still packed up.

Hasn't been a good weekend food-wise. Guess I'll be starting all over tomorrow. :( One day I'll actually stick with it. :( Next weekend we're not hunting...hopefully it'll be better.

Got lots to do everyone! Hope you've all had a great weekend! :)

meowee
10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Diana . . . Venison is very low cal/low fat meat and absolutely YUMMY . . . hope you will be enjoying it for quite a while.

Hi there everybody . . . :wave . . . come out, come out wherever you are.

GainingWeightInLa
10-15-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm attempting to post a pic of my son's first deer...hope it posts okay...never posted a pic here before. He also killed another, bigger one...but this was his actual first one! :)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=115681429&albumID=1226210&imageID=12381588

GainingWeightInLa
10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Awwww...I don't think it worked. :( Here's my myspace page if anyone wants to take a look. Click on my pics then scroll to the bottom. You'll see which album to click on. :)

www.myspace.com/dianaesanders

PS If you leave a comment, just sign it with your name. I'll know who you are! :) Thanks!

Starlet
10-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Deer killing makes me sad :(

Anyways, I've been working my buns off at the gym in the last week. So far so good!

GainingWeightInLa
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Starlet, it makes me sad too, if you can believe that. Each deer my son killed, I commented, "Awww, poor little deer!" He said back to me, "Oh, Mom, Please!!" I can't help it. :( But I'm proud of him, anyway. He absolutely loves it and I don't ever have to worry about him going hungry. :) Sorry if I offended you.

meowee
10-16-2007, 10:36 PM
It's those big brown eyes that get you every time.

meowee
10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Where are you all hiding gang . . . ?

Its another cool day (high of 10c/50f) predicted and the sun is having a little difficulty deciding what to do with itself, too.

Oh well . . . nothing more exciting than laundry in my plans anyway . . . how about the rest of you ?????

meowee
10-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Beautiful and sunny around northern Nova Scotia this morning. Yipee. Hope it continues for a few days.

Getting my annual FLU SHOT is on my agenda for today . . . how about the rest of you ??????

Have a good day . . . :carrot:

chocco
10-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Good morning all ,

weather is nice around here too . I went to get weighed yesterday , thank goodness my counsellor asked someone else to weigh me . It was just an express weigh-in . a quick in and out . I told him that was great because I really did not want him to see my numbers anyway so he purposly waited for me to get out and made me come over to check out my file . I gained 2 lbs because I am hooked on sugar lately . (chocolate bars , ice cream , carbs )
So I am determined to loose at least those 2lbs this week and maybe even more. Wish me luck , I think I am going to need lots of willpower to get me through the week .

So meowee , how are those new friends working out for you . ( excercise machines ) Is it getting easier ? Hope so . I know getting excercise in is always a huge challenge for me and pretty much almost never happens .

Diana , I think that killing animals is gross , but talk about hypocrit because I love meat. I guess I just feel bad for them their big brown eyes looking at you . If your son is able to kill an animal for food that is awesome . You should be proud of him. I can't imagine a world without meat . Sorry if I am offending anyone .

well got to go , can't be late for work .

Annette

meowee
10-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Hi gang . . . it's afternoon already . . . I'm on the run today . . . see you later. :wave:

Starlet
10-19-2007, 05:50 PM
Almost the weekend, only half an hour left of work. It's been one of those days where you can't wait for it to be over so it can be the weekend. I think I am going to skip the gym tonight and go tomorrow morning since I'm pooped.

Someone today said that they could tell that I've been going to the gym. It made my day :)

meowee
10-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Hi gang . . . :wave:

It's pouring rain . . . yuck . . . but at least it's fairly warm. Nothing exciting in my weekend plans anyway so maybe I'll get started on my new quilt project -- hey, it's too wet to go Christmas Shopping anyway, right ????

Have a great day . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
10-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Hidie ho everyone! I've been really trying to be good....well, kinda. I cave so easily these days. :( I was good yesterday until supper last night, then we went out for fried fish. Had to go to Dr. yesterday (strep throat--UGH!!)...he drew blood to check my cholesterol....I figure it's gonna be high, so maybe that'll be the scary kick in the butt I need to quit caving, not that I'm hoping it's high, of course! I figure it will be though. :( I've gained weight (they weighed me, of course.) I need to move ticker up to only 11 lbs lost. :( When cold weather gets here, it makes me wanna bake, though...I guess for the holidays.

Anyway, again, everyone I'm sorry if I offended anyone about the whole hunting thing. :(

Hope everyone has an AWESOME weekend!

chocco
10-21-2007, 06:54 AM
Good moring all ,

I hope today will be a nicer day outside , not that I'll have time to enjoy it; seeing I have to work . OH well Tuesday and Wednesday are coming soon enough . (my weekend) til at least Nov 24.

Ok well got to go finish getting ready . I hope everyone has an awesome day !!

Annette

meowee
10-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Good Morning . . .

We have sunshine :yay: but with winds strong enough to blow small children away . . . :lol:

Nothing too exciting in my plans anyway.

Have a fun day everybody . . . :carrot:

meowee
10-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave: . . . Where are you?

Another beautiful day in northern Nova Scotia -- :sunny: with calm winds and a predicted high of over 20C -- almost unheard of for the latter half of October.

Hope everybody else has a great day, too . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

Rockie86
10-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Hi again folks :wave:
Sorry I've been AWOL for a little while... doing my thesis this year and had to go to St. John's for last week to do some lab work. So needless to say last week was a wash... no gym at the hotel and I wasn't about to go running around a strange city at night.
I haven't really been serious about getting back on track since I re-started... I've sort of been talking the talk but not walking the walk. So I've got six weeks to my halfway-point goal... I don't know if I can make 15 pounds by then but I think I can make ten!! I am really trying to be good from now on. I'm going to Halifax at the end of November for a haircut appt. anyway and I want to go shopping for a dress for our X Ring ceremony... and I want to feel good about myself when I do it!!
I went to aerobics yesterday and am going again tomorrow morning... we've got that conference at the end of the week so that might be it for my chances to exercise :stress: but I will be darn good with food to make up for it. I am hoping for a loss this week!!

Hope everyone is enjoying their monday, and I will be on more often from now on! :)

GainingWeightInLa
10-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Hi everyone. I wrote a pretty long post yesterday and was about to actually post it when my 2 yr old daughter came up and hit a couple of buttons and **poof** it was gone. How DO they do that? I mean, they're 2!!

Anyway, I think we're officially back on the wagon. We're going to a WW meeting tonight.....it'll be a re-join for me so I'll do an initial weigh in. I know I'm still 10 lbs lighter this time than I was last time I joined. So that's a good thing. If I can lose 30 lbs this time, it'll put me right at onederland!! :) :) :) I'll be soo overjoyed! I haven't been in onederland since right after I was first married...I weighed 180-ish when I got married....didn't take me long to break 200, as you can imagine. I've been married 14 years in less than a month. It's been that long! I know by the time I was 4 years married I was at or above 220. To be under 200....that would be....WOW!!

Anyway, keep the encouragement coming, ladies! I know we can all do it...WE ROCK, girls!!! Let's reach our goals! Let's be healthy and beautiful....just because we know we can be! :-D

Be back later to check in! Have a great one, everyone!!

meowee
10-23-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi ROCKIE . . . good to see you . . . isn't this weather absolutely amazing?

Hi DIANA . . . good to see you too . . . Good luck with the Weight Watchers rejoin. Onderland would be wonderful indeed.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it just never seems to stop. Here's an article I got in my in-box this morning about the lastest 'invention' in the world of tampered-with food -- specifically -- say HI to the newest nasty FAT . . . This one is being introduced as a replacement for Transfats that have (thankfully) been falling out of favour of late. . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowContent/food_and_nutrition/fake_fats.html

Obviously the article is aimed at those of us with diabetes -- but unfortuntely it has implications for everybody. :mad:

GainingWeightInLa
10-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Wow, Linda, thanks for sharing that article. I wasn't aware of any of that GREAT info! Kinda scary for me, not because I have diabetes, but because I (like sooooo many folks these days) eat out quite a bit. Really scary...no telling what these "new" fats are doing to our arteries. Definitely something I'll be doing more research on. (Makes me even more glad to have venison in my freezer...how much more natural can you get than something you got right outta the woods yourself?? Sad as those big brown eyes are, atleast it's fairly healthy eating for us!)

Well, yesterday I had a major migraine so my eating was not great. I find that if I don't allow myself to get hungry when I have those headaches, they don't seem to get nearly as bad. I wasn't able to make it to WW meeting. :( I'm going to shoot again for next Tuesday. Wish I'd made it yesterday. I'm not letting it get me down....I'm determined to make it to onederland! Who's going with me???????? :)

Good luck today ladies. Remember, we're beautiful and we ROCK!

Diana

GainingWeightInLa
10-24-2007, 11:03 AM
Here's another link on the new "nasty" fat: http://www.stop-trans-fat.com/interesterified-fat.html

Lots of good reading on that site, as well...lots of chemistry, though....over my head....but good reading anyway....lots of it not over my head.

meowee
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
H there . . . :wave:

Getting so it's hard to find anything to eat out there isn't it? Just look out for the word 'hydrogenated' and avoid it unless it is used with the prefix 'non'. Both 'partially hydrogenated' and 'fully hydrogenated' mean BAD.

chocco
10-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Good morning all ,

That article is scary but not suprising. I just wonder about home baked goods . How good or bad due to the butter / oils ? Oh well good thing I do not bake much . However I am craving chocolate chip cookies now. I guess I could make some with Splenda . OOh !! If i can find the time. Got to work today .

So Diana , when do you want to reach Onederland ? I have about 8-10lbs to go til I enter Onederland . They seem to be the worst few pounds I've encountered so far . You think Christmas is doable ?

What do all the chickies think . 10lbs by Christmas ?

Well got to go get ready as usual when i am on here. Talk to you all later

Annette

meowee
10-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Morning . . . :wave:

Looks like our temps are finally taking a nosedive down to more seasonal levels. Unfortunately looks like another overcast day too. Oh well, it is almost the end of October.

I certainly wish you the very best for getting to onederland by Christmas, it is probably doable, but not easy, especially once the normal pre-Christmas goodies start popping up.

Personally, I think home baking, even using real butter, has got to be a lot healthier than something made with all these "franken-fats". Most pure oils are pretty good too. You can replace quite a bit of the butter or oil with something like applesauce and still get pretty decent results for most recipes. About the only Christmas baking I do anymore is shortbread - with real butter, of course - definitely not diet friendly; but at least all three ingredients (sugar, flour, butter) are pretty easy to recognize. :lol:

Have a great day everybody . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
10-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Oh Annette, I think ten lbs is definitely doable by Christmas!! Don't know if I'll be doing it or not, but I think it's definitely doable! :) LOL I wanna do it, but things just do not seem to be going my way.....I know it's a result of my bad choices.....it's completely my fault. I've just gotta find a way outta this rut I'm in. I did good, point-wise, yesterday until we went to Arby's last night. I overdid it then....but only 'cause I was completely FAMISHED!! I was starving! (not literally, of course! lol) I should've never let myself get to the starving point....I always overdo when I get to that point. Today will be a better day, though....although I'm starting out the day hungry. Since my hysterectomy in July 07, I've been a lot hungrier, though....dunno if it's psychological or if surgery did something to my system....I do know, however, that it's not good for trying to lose weight. :(

Well ladies, hubby woke up at 3 am puking....I've been awake since 4 am, unable to go back to sleep because he's sick. I'm exhausted and it's only 6 am.....atleast maybe I'll make it to work on time! :) hehe

Have a great day ladies............

meowee
10-26-2007, 12:55 PM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

practiceliving
10-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Afternoon all!

I feel like I need my own personal drill sargeant! I'm having such a hard time keeping myself on track these days. So many things stressing me out, and thinking about exercise/food is just one more stress.

I'm trying a new strategy for few weeks, making myself one small goal a week that is NOT a weight number. Hopefully that will get me back on track bit by bit.

The other thing I'm struggling with right now is photos. I saw some pictures of myself recently and ... yuck. Am I the only one whose self-image/what they see in the mirror doesn't match with what is in photos? It makes me really sad! I have to get my grad photos done soon, if I want to be in the composite, and I am terrified of how they will look.

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to say Hello from rainy and cool Brampton, Ont.

I've been dieting since May, lost over 50lbs so far with another 30ish to go :)

meowee
10-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Chin up, Marianne . . . you are definitely not alone. :hug: Think about some good stuff that you've experienced since starting this journey. Bet you can remember bunches of things.

meowee
10-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Hi there THIN . . . good to see you over here . . . :hug:

chocco
10-27-2007, 07:11 AM
Good morning all ,

I was weighed on Thursday. It was good . 2lbs that I had gained the week before.is now gone. I know I said 10lbs on my last post by Christmas but I am actually aiming for 20lbs. Incentive:NEW KITCHEN TILES ,paid by my DADDY . Aren't I a spoiled brat ? My dad is just so desperate to see me loose weight and feel better about myself . He keeps trying to give me huge incentives. He gave me this goal about 1 month ago so I guess it was not impossible at the time he approached me.

anyway girls enough blah blahing . Ive got to finish getting ready and head out that door . Work is waiting for me .

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY EVERYONE .

PS Marianne , some days I think I look rockin and then I see a picture and I just want to barf . and I wonder how did my husband even let me leave the house looking like that ; but at the same time you get compliments when you are out anyway so obviously I must of not looked quite as bad as I am now thinking . Oh well . It is kind of like when you look at pictures of yourself when you were smaller and think : how could I have ever thought I was huge in that picture . I only weighed 135lbs . It is all in our heads , that is my opinion . Live life and be happy .

Annette

meowee
10-28-2007, 12:42 PM
:wave:

meowee
10-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Hi gang . . . Afraid I'm really down in the dumps . . . "lost" one of my 7.5 month old kittens yesterday. He tried to fight with one too many plastic bags. :cry: Such a freaking waste of such a special little life. :cry: Today his sisters are wandering the house trying to find him. Guess Heaven needed a Bengal kitten yesterday.

ThinGirl in FatBody
10-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Meowee I am so sorry for your loss :(

Poor little Freckles.

chocco
10-30-2007, 07:36 AM
Meowee , that is really sad . I am sorry for you loss.

chocco
10-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Good morning chickies ,

This morning I was excitedly awakened by my husband . He needed me to go look outside. I figured it out before I got to the window. SNOW,SNOW,SNOW
Well I guess winter is starting early. No fall , ok not much of one .

I am off today . I imagine my daughter will want to go outside , but the snow will probably be gone by the time daylight arrives and we get into our snow clothes. Oh well.

Hope everyone has a great day .

annette

meowee
10-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

I'm feeling a little brighter today -- amazing what a decent night's sleep can do -- and the sun is shining this morning too. It is cold; only just above freezing; but no snow for us yet.

Have a great day, gang . . . :carrot:

GainingWeightInLa
10-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Hi ladies! :) Hope everyone's having a rockin' day!

Linda, so sorry about your kitty. :( Hope today's a brighter day for you.

Yesterday was a bummer for me, too. I had a horrendous stomach virus. I'm not 100% today, but anything's an improvement over yesterday. Vomiting, stomach cramps, achy all over, weak, 101 degree fever. Still having some cramps, but vomiting's gone for now....so is fever, I think (although I had a chill a while ago). Told hubby last night I'd rather have another hysterectomy than feel like I did yesterday. That's how bad it was. I was in serious pain! Hopefully it was good for a couple of lbs, though. I didn't eat anything until about 7 pm last night, then just ate some saltine crackers. I've eaten a small thing of some leftover casserole from last night this morning. So far, it's settling okay. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if my appetite stayed gone for several days....as long as I don't feel as bad as yesterday! :)

I know what everyone's talking about in the way you feel about how you look. I always feel like the biggest one in the room. :( If I'm really on track and know I'm losing, I feel really good. But when I know I'm not doing my best, I feel like a blimp...even if I'm not the biggest one in the room. When I get really down, I look at the pic I have posted in my profile here (not avatar, but other pic)....that usually makes me feel somewhat better. I know I'll never go back to that again!!

I have a cousin-in-law (she's more like a sister-in-law) that's as big or bigger than I was in that picture. She's constantly putting on more and more weight. I feel so bad for her...I want her to do better, and have talked to her about it. She'd like to be smaller, but just doesn't do what it'd take. She just doesn't realize how much better she'd feel.

Well, I have a hair appointment in a little while. Must go! Have a great day everyone.

meowee
10-31-2007, 10:05 AM
Glad you are feeling better DIANA. :hug:

Looks like this is going to be one of the best Halloween's (weather-wise) that we've had since I moved to Nova Scotia -- Sun is shining; high is going to be about 10C/50F; and the good weather is predicted to continue through the evening hours.

Best of all -- for me, anyway -- I let the scale:devil: out of his corner and he grudgingly rewarded me with a 2 pound loss for the month of October. :yay: He's going away again though. I know he'll be constantly trying to get 'under foot' if I leave him out and then we'll only start fighting again. So he's staying hidden until the last Wednesday in November (the 28th). ;)

Hope you all have a very Happy Haunting Day . . . :spid:

GainingWeightInLa
10-31-2007, 10:42 AM
Yay, Linda!! Send some of your downward spiral south to Louisiana, if you will please!?!?! I'm missing seeing the scales go in that direction! :)

Well ladies, I'm eating, but it's not settling well. I'm gonna try not eating as much today (YIPPEE!!). My stomach is just rumbling and rolling...esp. when I eat something.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! :-D

meowee
11-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Good Morning . . . wow, it's November already, where does the time go?

Here's a link to our new home, gang . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1914056#post1914056 . . .

Hope to see you all over there . . . :yes: