Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #1  
RN

Default Cymbalta and Sleep

I have been taking Cymbalta 60mg for approx 1 month, and have noticed that I have extreme dreams and wake up at 4am every night. Is this a typical side effect, and has someone found a way to beat it? I've been taking trazodone to help me sleep, but it hasn't been helping at all. I'm getting desperate for a good night's sleep!
flowerbunnylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #2  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Bunny! We must have started our cymbalta about the same time. I too have been waking up between 3-4 and take trazodone. It hasn't been helping me sleep, but keeps away anxiety attacks. I mentioned on another thread that I'm thinking of going off the cymbalta and back to my prozac. Call your dr and see if he/she thinks your dose should be changed or what. As for the wierd dreams, oh yeah! Way wierd. Wya, way wierd!
sandybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:46 PM   #3  
empty nester

Height: 5'6"

I would check to see if there are any contraindications for you, but I elected the OTC Tylenol SIMPLY SLEEP (NOT TYLENOL PM) I believe the recc. dose is 2 tablets, but 1 works fine for me. I only take it when I can get a full 8 hrs.
The gramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #4  
RN

My new psych upped my Cymbalta dose to 90mg, and took me off Trazodone. Now I'm taking Vistaril, which is an antihistamine that's used for anxiety. It makes me sleepy so I'm sleeping more at night. I'm still having the vivid dreams, but I feel my sleep quality is better. Apparently the daytime sleepiness will wear off. I hate adjusting meds!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:40 PM   #5  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

I agree with adjusting meds. It's so hard on us. I cried most of the day, but still managed to stay at work. I'm sure I'm proud of myself for staying there, but I just feel sad.
Hope your adjustments give you releif fast!
sandybar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #6  
RN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandybar View Post
I agree with adjusting meds. It's so hard on us. I cried most of the day, but still managed to stay at work. I'm sure I'm proud of myself for staying there, but I just feel sad.
Hope your adjustments give you releif fast!
(((SANDY)))

Hang in there! I feel for you. I know it's hard, but try to think of what good may come. That's what I do. I've had to give up my job due to panic attacks, so I've just been sitting around home all day stressing about money. I just want to get back to work!

I'm proud of you for hanging in there too! Tomorrow's a new day!