100 lb. Club - October NSV'S

View Full Version : October NSV'S

rockinrobin
10-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! It's also capable of provoking a few tears every now and then. So let's start filling er' up.

rockinrobin
10-01-2007, 07:23 AM
I don't usually post here anymore as I figure you are all fairly nauseous from listening to me and my NSV's. BUT it is the first of the month and I just must get out a few that have happened over the last week or so.

-This one comes from my youngest daughter. We were sitting next to one another. She puts her arm around me. Starts feeling around my back and playing with my backbones and then says, "Ma, you could kill someone with those things." It made my day/week/month/year.

-This one came from middle daughter. We were sitting on the couch. She put her legs on my lap and said, "Ma, your thighs are like rods. They're so skinny and hard. Actually everything on you is so hard." Well that just about made my year/decade/life.

-Shoes. I finally got rid of my old ones. They are swimming on me beyond belief. I had the widest feet possible. They were practically just as wide as they were long. I had so few pairs of them, because nothing would fit me. I held on to them for dear life. Well, I finally parted with them last week. Shoe shopping is definitely still difficult for me. I need to find ones with a nice wide toe box. It's difficult, but it's nothing, NOTHING like it was. It's difficult, meaning I just can't buy any pair that I see. But I have managed to buy about a dozen pairs in the last couple of months. And so I was finally able to part with the few horribly worn out pairs that I had owned prior to my weight loss. This was a huge and emotional NSV for me.

-My DH was doubled over in pain on Thursday morning. Just awful, awful. It came, it went, it came back. And then he found blood in his urine. And the pain was worse. And he couldn't move. And I had to call an ambulance. It was horrible. Just horrible. I went with him in the ambulance. And as my poor husband was writhing in pain, I was thinking that if I was still morbidly obese, I never, ever would have gotten up into that ambulance. It was a huge step and I would not have been able to hoist myself up there. And then they put me in this tiny little seat, that I never would have fit in prior to my weightloss. I'll cut to the chase. It turned out to be kidney stones. We were in the hopsital for 13 hours. I never could have endured or had enough stamina for that day and the whole ordeal that ensued had I still been so heavy. We got home at 3:00 in the morning. Which is why I've been a little behind on posts here, by the way. Anyway, there was so much I had to deal with. I had to keep on pressing the nurses for pain meds and to refill his IV and to see a doctor and to get tests done and then get his results and his instructions. And all the while I kept thanking G-d that I was able to do this so much better because I was no longer morbildy obese. He was in a teeny, tiny cubicle and they gave me this teeny, tiny chair to sit in. And nurses were there and doctors. I never would have had enough space had I still weighed what I did just over a year ago. I kept asking the doctors and technicians if I was in there way and they kept saying, no, of course not. We had a rough few days, finally the stone passed Saturday afternoon, but after a few rocky moments. Before we had the test results, I kept thanking G-d that at least my children had one healthy parent. Through the whole ordeal I kept thanking G-d that I was no longer morbidly obese and therefore this entire horrible situation was more managable.

Gale02
10-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Robin, I'm glad that your DH is feeling better. What a tough night for all of you. I can imagine the relief you felt at being physically able to stay by your DH's side all night. I'm sure he appreciated having you there.

And, I must say that I am absolutely not tired of your NSVs!! Keep 'em coming!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-01-2007, 09:53 AM
I don't usually post here anymore as I figure you are all fairly nauseous from listening to me and my NSV's.

Robin, are you kidding?! You're one of us and we love hearing about your NSV's!

Sorry to hear that Hubby had to go through that...I've heard that kidney stones are very painful. Hope he's enjoying life a bit more today.

nylisa
10-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Robin, hope your husband's feeling better soon. And good work on the NSVs!

My NSV is that despite my allergies being extremely aggravated by all of the ragweed around, I did make it to the gym for 30 minutes on the Arc Trainer. I didn't make my usual 45 minutes, because I was too tired/couldn't breathe as well as I normally do, but I did something. I have a really bad tendency towards all or nothing, so this is a good precedent for me. Normally, I'd say forget about it altogether.

royalsfan1
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Mine for today....size 14 jeans now fit me. No, I don't feel COMPLETELY comfortable in them and still prefer size 16. But as far as comparing the way I look in them compared to the way everyone else in America likes to wear their jeans...they FIT!!! (I think I'm the only person left that prefers my jeans to be pretty doggone loose!)

Ok...final confession...above jeans are from Old Navy...so maybe it really doesn't count??? But I love that I have clothes hanging in my closet that I can wear that say size 14! In January my size 28 jeans from Catherine's fit like the size 14 from Old Navy do now! :D :D :D

Hope20
10-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Robin are you kidding...love you nsv's. I don't remember one that I can't relate too or want to eventually relate too.:)Glad that your hubby is feeling better.

Royals- congrats on the size 14, what an awesome feeling.

Well this morning I was able to go through a whole Cycling class without taking any extra breaks woot!!

LaurieDawn
10-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I just submitted my grant, so I am on a bit of a high. I am way tired and wiped out, but am heading to the gym as soon as I get confirmation that my submission was received. I told myself all night and all this morning that I didn't have to go, that I could skip a day because I was pushing my body so hard anyway with the lack of sleep. But I am soooooo going - and if I had any doubt, reading these NSVs would have taken it away. And that's my NSV.

Tricia - Size 14, eh? That's amazing. Congratulations. I fit into size 16 in almost everything, but most jeans are still a tight fit. So, the fact that they're jeans makes it even more impressive.

Robin - Your NSVs are so important for us who aspire to get where you are. Please don't stop posting them. And so glad your husband is feeling better. There's just nothing worse than watching a loved one in pain, but the fact that you were able to be there for him is wonderful.

And look at you go, Hope. Cycling classes are tough, I understand, though they're not offered at my gym. Looks like you're really getting into the swing of things.

LisaMarie71
10-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I know what Robin means, because I sometimes worry that I post too much on the NSV thread and people don't want to hear me anymore! But then I remember how much I love reading NSVs from people who've hit goal or are close, and I think...ok, maybe I can keep posting too! But seriously, tell me to shut up if you want to.

Until you tell me to shut up, though...here's another NSV. :lol:

Someone told me today that she drove by the school and saw my husband standing with some skinny blonde, but then she realized it was me! Heehee -- a skinny blonde! :carrot:

NickiB68
10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I guess this is a NSV. Losing weight has helped me regain my self-confidence. So when a man began talking to me, I didn't shrug him off. Fast forward 6 weeks, we are still talking...even about a possible future together. :love: The funniest thing..he knows my weight and could care less! He's been one of my best cheerleaders!

Oh...my 16's are getting baggy too! :carrot:

boaterswife
10-01-2007, 11:51 PM
OH MY GOSH, I'm NORMAL!!! :dancer:

How on earth did this slip by me??? I was checking out some stuff on the WW website and just decided to check my BMI while I was there and it's now 25!! NORMAL!!! I couldn't believe it, I don't think it's been in the normal range since I was 23 and got pregnant with our first child.....my heart is actually pounding!!!

Marseille
10-02-2007, 12:37 AM
I wore a pair of jeans today that I bought about a year ago. I had put them away because I just knew subconsiously that they wouldn't fit. Well, today they slipped right on! I didn't even have a fat roll squishing out the top! I got kinda bummed out tonight though when I took them off and held them up and actually saw the huge expanse of fabric it took to cover by backyard....

Gale02
10-02-2007, 03:13 AM
I bought and wore a pair of jeans today that is size 14! I'm still between a 16 and 14 in most clothes, but I love seeing the 14 on this tag! They look so small to me. I can't believe I was in a 22 in January and I'm in a 14 now. Time flies sometimes. :)

boaterswife
10-02-2007, 08:43 AM
boaterswife
Oh that is such great news. Bet you are so happy with yourself. I am sure happy for you. I was a little disappointed. At 198 mine was 35. At 176 mine is still 35. Have no idea how much I have to lose before it goes down. Could you maybe give me the link you use to check your BMI? Maybe I am using the wrong site to check it lol can always hope.

Rennie....I sent you the link via PM so I wouldn't break any of the rules...good luck! Also, you may want to try googling bmi, there are many different sites out there to check it!

rockinrobin
10-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Shy Moment, being 4 foot 11 inches, you need to be 124 lbs to be at a healthy weight, according to those lovely BMI charts.

We have a BMI calculator right here at 3FC:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/Diets/Calculators_and_Tools/BMI_Calculator/

I had to wait all the way to get to 127 to get to that distinction. Ain't it grand being so short? Oh well. I now actually kind of like it though, now that I've lost the weight. I feel small and petite. And tiny. And feminine.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you lovely, lovely ladies for making me feel so comfortable and wanted here and for still wanting to hear about my NSV's. You're the very best - and that's why I love it here. Thank you again. :hug:

Lifeguard
10-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Today I am wearing a dress I've had for some time that ties in the back so it's lasted some time. But I realized today it is suddenly much longer - lol. And really I'm looking kind of sloppy so I think this dress is going in the donation bin tonight. Yeah!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Congratulations, Lifeguard! Clothes NSVs are my favorites!

Robin - can you believe that I've been around here almost a year and I've never used that BMI calculator? It was a little disconcerting to see that I'm in the Very High Risk category after losing over 30 pounds. However, I popped in my highest weight (264.4) and I was in the Extremely High Risk category. Yep, as I always say, its all about perspective.:D I only have 9 more pounds to merely be obese....can you believe it?! I want to reach obesity.:rofl: I will be merely overweight at 191 and normal at 159. I cant wait to be normal....I don't believe normalcy has every been a part of me!:D

PeggyP
10-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Robin,
Thanks so much for your post about your shoes! This sounds silly, but I wondered if people's shoe sizes changed along with their clothes size! My shoes do seem bigger now, and I thought it was my imagination!
Tricia,
Congratulations on the 14's!! It must be such a great feeling. It sort of goes along with my NSV.
Last month I posted that I got my size 16w's zipped, but couldn't breathe...now that's what I'm wearing! My 18's swim on me!!! I was out today, and just had to TRY on clothes..not that I bought any, but just to be able to go in the REGULAR section of the store and pick something off of the rack was so amazing. (Who says you have to spend money to feel good?! ;-) ) It gave me mixed feelings, though. To be able to bypass the women's section was so emotional to me. I literally had a little lump in my throat. I don't know if it was sadness for what I used to wear and the years of making poor choices and what I put my body through....I don't know. Sorry for rambling. Does anyone understand what I'm trying to say?!!
Congrats to all of the NSV's out there!!!!

Lovely
10-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Congrats on all those NSV's :)

I've got one for today. I knew I was going to have to stay several hours late after work for overtime. I also knew that at 6:00 they'd "surprise" us with pizza & sodas. I planned ahead, packed an extra meal for dinner, and when they "surprise!" bought pizza, I didn't have any ^.^ I enjoyed my own food.

Sure I had to have three meals at work today, but at least I don't feel gross after eating pizza that I didn't want in the first place!

Gale02
10-03-2007, 07:16 AM
I bought a watch when I was at my highest weight that I haven't worn much. When I bought it I added a link and it was still too tight. I put it on today, sans extra link, and it's TOO BIG! :D

Trazey34
10-03-2007, 11:23 AM
I had lunch out with a friend, got the grilled chicken instead of the battered chicken with a sauce i LOVE lol, but that's not the victory part .... i had a kit kat bar which was definitely Off Plan, but i shoved it in --- here comes the victory part -- instead of writing off the entire day, thinking "oh well i blew it i might as well eat an entire dairy queen cake by myself" as i usually did in the past, I got right back on the house and have a very light supper of homemade veggie soup and a slice of whole wheat bread.. a cup of tea and nothing else for the night!

lunch out and a kit kat bar does NOT sound like a victory day LOL, i know, but it's the psychological change I think that is worth noting :D

yay!

Robin41
10-03-2007, 02:49 PM
I finally did the cleaning out of the closet and getting rid of everything that was too big. This was a huge NSV for me because those clothes were such a safety net. I had a closet full of 2x and 3x shirts, and size 24 pants (and a lone pair of 26's that I prefer to not think about), and now there's nothing larger than a regular XL top and 18 pants and those are getting a little big.

The sad thing was that there really was very little I could give to charity. Most stuff was getting pretty worn and ratty and just ended up in the trash. It was one of those moments where you question how you let yourself get to that point. I mean, really, how slobby did I look? Apparently pretty bad.

On the upside, my husband came home, looked at my side of the closet and said that he didn't know what I could buy because I was losing so fast, but for me to feel free to max out the Macy's card whenever I wanted. Reason #843 why he's such a great catch.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-03-2007, 10:52 PM
When we moved in June, I packed up all of my shirts I had outgrown and put them on the top shelf of my closet. We were going to church tonight and earlier today, I had chosen a shirt to wear that needed ironing. I was running late and didnt have time to iron and all of my clothes were in the wash. I got this wild idea to just see if I could fit back into one of those shirts in the closet......Yep, it did fit and it looked great! I went to church with a big smile on my face.:) My shirt was a 1x. At the beginning of the year, I was wearing 3x.

Lovely
10-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Another happy choice today: Again working late, but this time they ordered cold cuts & rolls. ... And chips & cookies & soda. So, I went up, took a roll, one slice of cheese, 4 thin slices of lunch meat and left the area before even walking by the rest. Success!!!!

Lifeguard
10-04-2007, 12:14 AM
So many great NSV's! I totally get the wearing rough looking clothes thing. I've definitely had times where I have basically given up on myself - especially my appearnce. It's like I would look in the mirror, think I'm fat & figure therefore there was no point making myself look presentable. Ugh - what others must have thought!

Tonight I went to the gym after work. I was just itching to get there - which is an nsv in itself. But then at the gym I did a group class - which I don't usually do. There was 4 other women, all slimmer & some younger than me. Well - I kicked ***!!!!! I used heavier weights, held planks longer & steadier, did more pushups... It was fantastic! Plus my trainer was the instructor & kept using me to demonstrate things & had me do more reps than the others.

And the best part....

.... at the end of the class we each had to 250m on the rowing machine. I usually do 2-4 250m &/or 500m so this was easy enough but I rowed not only my personal best of 56.2sec but the best time in the class!!!!

I have never been the fasted physically than anyone else. I usually can out endurance others but not outspeed them! It was very exciting for me and felt so good to hear the amazement on the other women's face.

And today was official weigh-in & measure day & I lost another 5.5" this week!

Lovely
10-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Lifeguard - That's amazing! I'm so happy for your victory ^^

sharonrr1
10-04-2007, 08:10 AM
One of our campers stopped me the other day and was saying how much weight I must be still losing. I thought it was funny considering I have hardly lost any for the last 5 weeks until my 3 lbs. this week.

hellokitty81668
10-04-2007, 10:34 AM
My NSV today..... I woke up with energy at 5:30, but by 7:50 when I was gettting ready to exercise, the energy was gone, but I was determined to do it! I got on my elliptical, and felt like stopping after 25 minutes, but went on and actually did 5 more minutes than normal... 45 minutes on the elliptical, all my general exercises, and some weight lifting. I feel good.
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
10-04-2007, 07:35 PM
:woops:Just finished my 60 minutes on the treadmill. I got this crazy idea to break into a run...twice! It was only for 1 minute each time, but I actually ran.:cb:

royalsfan1
10-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Great job, everyone!

My NSV for today. After dinner the kids really wanted ice cream from Sonic. I was really wanting some, too. Usually, when I want something like that, we just don't go so I'm not too tempted and I don't cave. Well, tonight I just didn't feel like telling them "no" only because I didn't feel strong enough to resist. So I said sure, took them up, and got a large, unsweetened peach tea. 10 calories. VICTORY!

rachelfern
10-04-2007, 11:51 PM
I am very excited! My pants were getting big so I had to go shopping for some more pants(YaY) Now, I have been wearing 24/26, I figured that I would be able to get a 22. I go to the store and I got a size 20. For a while now I have been wondering if it was just mislabled or something seeing as other pants I tried on were two sizes bigger. Today though, I was able to buy another pair of 20's.

YAY!!!!!

hellokitty81668
10-05-2007, 08:34 AM
I just had a great NSV, actually I have had it for the past few weeks, just haven't posted it. 60lbs ago, I couldn't bend down when something fell, I usually would ask my daughter to pick it up. Now when something falls down, I just bend down as fast as possible, and pick it up, I don't need help, I dont' feel a tightness in the chest, I don't feel short of breath!!
cheryl

Lifeguard
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I've got a couple:

Today I am wearing a skirt I bought a month ago that I couldn't quite zip up that I bought in a regular store. It's a 20 but a regular 20 is different than a plus 20!

Last night I rowed a personal best again - 53.7sec for 250m. My goal of less than 50 sec now seems doable!

Lovely
10-05-2007, 10:12 AM
hellokitty - it's those little things that are just the best eh? ^^

Lifeguard - wewt! congrats on your skirt & rowing!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-05-2007, 11:34 AM
I just tried on my size 22 incentive jeans that I bought a couple of months ago, and I could wiggle into them and zip!! Okay, so I can't really wear them out anywhere yet as my circulation would be totally cut-off, but I did get them on!:D

Lovely
10-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Rhonda - Yay! It's so exciting! I did the same thing with a pair of 22's last week ^^

nicolen
10-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I had to wear my size 20 trousers to work yesterday. A couple of weeks ago, I could get them over my hips but they weren't close to being able to do up. Yesterday I managed to do them up! They're a little bit too tight to be comfortable, but give me a couple of weeks...

sockmonkey70
10-06-2007, 12:33 AM
Size 12..Nuff said. LOL.

LaurieDawn
10-06-2007, 12:42 AM
Size 12..Nuff said. LOL.

Mary! So great to hear that you're back on track - and in size 12 too! Way to go - now maybe I can follow you back!

sockmonkey70
10-06-2007, 02:08 AM
LOL It was a tight squeeze 12 at GAP. And if it's any consolation, I had to buy 16P in my slacks at New York and Co.

But just that number...It has been a very long time.

Heck yeah you can get back on track! Shopping has become my ultimate motivation.

LaurieDawn
10-06-2007, 02:27 AM
Nope, your size 16P is no consolation at all, because I am genuinely excited for your new size 12 self. I think we seem to be on polar cycles, because you seem to be doing great every time I struggle, and struggling when I am doing well, so your success reaffirms my conviction that I can succeed. So, yay! for Size 12! And yay! for size 16P at New York & Co., because I know that it's shrunk from whatever size you were wearing a few months ago.

sockmonkey70
10-06-2007, 02:43 AM
Thank you so much :hug:

We are going to get this weight off together Laurie :)

GirlyGirlSebas
10-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Sockmonkey, so glad to see you back here and posting! We missed you.:hug:

rockinrobin
10-06-2007, 12:05 PM
I just love reading these. It is such a GREAT feeling to fit into smaller size clothing.

I know without a doubt the number one, two, three, etc.. reason that we're doing this is for our health, but what is it about the smaller clothing and SHOPPING that gets to each and every one of us sooo very much?!?!?!? :shrug::crazy:

Great going ladies. GREAT going!!!!

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

LisaMarie71
10-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Speaking of smaller clothing...

I decided to buy a couple of running shirts and maybe a pair of shorts today. I grabbed a pair of size large shorts, thinking "Hmm...I wonder if I'll need an XL." Even though I haven't needed an XL for a while, I still think I do. I tried the large on and they nearly fell off. So I put my clothes back on, went back and grabbed the medium - I was thrilled!! Well...put those on and they were too big too. I probably could've worked with them, but I don't like for my running shorts to be TOO big and get in the way. So I tried on the small and they were perfect! Me! In a small!! What on EARTH? If I'm wearing a small, what are other people wearing? I don't get it. So many people are soooo much smaller than I am. I bet it's tough for them to find clothes!

Anyway, I also bought a size medium sweater at H&M. I doubt I'll ever wear a small top! I tried on some size 8 pants and they fit but I didn't care for them that much. So that's an NSV too - I resisted buying them just because they're an 8, because I'm getting used to the number 8 finally!

sockmonkey70
10-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Lisa that is SO freaking awesome!! I bet you did a happy dance in the dressing room :p

LisaMarie71
10-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Thank you, Mary!! And you'll be there before you know it. The road from 12 to 8 is a quick one, and I saw that you're already in a 12! Go you! :carrot:

Schmoodle
10-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I had two fun ones this week. I travel once or twice a month and last spring before I started my plan I had to extend the airplane seatbelts to the max and suck it in to buckle. I was a whisper away from having to ask for an extender. Now every time I travel, I see how much I can snug it up, and this week I had a good eight-inch tail hanging out of that buckle! Now that feels good!
Also, I am still wearing my size 20 jeans with a belt, so I had no idea what pants size I am now, but I took a chance last week and ordered some work pants from JC Penney's in a size 16W. They were having a great sale and I figured I could shrink into them. Just got them, tried them on, and they fit like a glove and look great!:carrot:

Daimere
10-06-2007, 11:37 PM
Today I did Cardio Flex Band Workout. Now, I tried this when I first started my journey and it wasn't that pretty. I've been doing WATP since then. Well, today I did it. Usually during WATP, when she does kickbacks, my thighs kill me, well in CFBW, she does them longer than Leslie and I had NO PROBLEM AT ALL. It was a piece of cake. And I feel more coordnated. I remember I couldn't do the V step and I could. Sure I didn't keep up with some of it due to knee problems and I just wanted to move on my own. :p I feel proud!

Lyn2007
10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
My NSV is that I just feel so much lighter. It is so much less difficult to walk or do anything else. I sleep better and I look better in the mirror. This time it is going to stick.

Lyn
TWENTY ONE pounds gone!
My Blog:
www.escapefromobesity.blogspot.com

Lifeguard
10-07-2007, 10:51 PM
I have a few to share:

-Yesterday I finally rowed under 2min for my 500m row!!! It still is not feeling as good as the 250m but it's coming.
-Yesterday I went shopping & bought a new pair of jeans (size 18!!! & I'm even a little worried they're too big), two new sports bras & two cute new button down tops (size 18!!!)
-Yesterday my trainer said he thinks I am right on the edge of becoming really in control of my workouts & being able to really push my body. I know this maybe doesn't sound terrific but it made me feel so proud of how hard I've been working.
-And yesterday while I was shopping I went into the store I used to work in & the manager immediately commented on how great I look. Asked how much weight I've lost & said I look like a different person. This is the first time someone has noticed & it felt SOOO good!

And a couple for today:

-I'm wearing a pair of shorts I bought earlier in the summer that I promptly shrunk & could not longer zip up --- and they're quite comfortable.
-I put a whole garbage bag full of clothes into the donation pile - everything that was too big!

And the best one:

-I'm starting to really love my body and working out. I dream about it at night. I find myself checking myself out in the mirror & strutting around (in my new jeans!) feeling sexy. It's such a nice change for me.

Sorry this was so long but I'm just so excited about it all.

sockmonkey70
10-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Rennie try Old Navy LOL. They are the best in vanity sizing :p

Seriously though, different people have different body sizes. People have never believed me when I tell them my real weight. I really am big boned (done the measurements and all) so I always look like I weigh less than the scale number. I also build muscle pretty easily.

But seriously, it took me the LONGEST time to go from a size 20 to 18, but after the 18s it has been quicker and quicker to the next size. So you have lots to look forward to!

LisaMarie71
10-08-2007, 12:06 AM
There's definitely vanity sizing around, but I don't know if that accounts for all of it. The size small shorts I bought the other day were at a store for running clothes, so I don't think that was a vanity sizing situation. Yep, it's shocking to me that I bought a small, but there it is!

Height makes a HUGE difference, though. For example, I'm ten inches taller than you. Also, the way my body is made, I'm bigger on the top than the bottom, so I'll probably always wear bigger shirts than pants or shorts.

RoyalAthena
10-08-2007, 06:16 AM
I bought some slips today. I was able to buy a XL slip instead of 2XL. It was nice because I was able to wear a "regular" size AND pay "regular" price instead of the $1.00 extra for plus size.

I wore a size 16 top today- it fit perfectly and accented my shape. My shape has more definition. When I wear clothes that fit, I have a waistline :)

Also.....I can see a hint of my collar bone - a family member and coworker confirmed that it is there. Yippy!!! :carrot:

What's funny is that all this has come about gradually but it feels like it is all of sudden......

royalsfan1
10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
I wore a size 16 top today- it fit perfectly and accented my shape. My shape has more definition. When I wear clothes that fit, I have a waistline :)

Stacy and Clinton would be so proud of this quote!!! :D

carol2208
10-08-2007, 08:48 AM
There is definately vanity sizing at Old Navy... I always like to have a "next goal pants" to wear, so I bought a size 4 jeans there without trying them on, for the wish list... when I got home I decided to try them on to see how far off I was, and they fit !! No way Jose that I´m a size 4 !

But, I did have to go shopping for a pair of nice pants this weekend as my one black working pants were kinda loose, and I got into a size 6-8, where before I was a 8-10 !!!:) I was sooo happy ! It´s a bit tight on the butt, but I figure it will be looser in a couple weeks !:)

And yet another NSV this morning, I was having coffee with a friend and she told me, you look so thin in this outfit, I´m so jelous... ok, I don´t like the envy part at all, and neither the remark "in this outfit"... so all I decided to hear was "You look so thin" ! hehehe:) I´m not thin yet, but I´m getting there !

Have a great beginning of the week ladies !

royalsfan1
10-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Well, I did my next decade measurements and found that I have now, since January, lost 65.75 inches, total!!! WOW! That's 5 1/2 feet of me!!!

Robin41
10-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Doctor appointment on Friday to check my blood pressure. It was 107/74, down from a million/half-million back in May. So no meds for me. Turns out it really is all about weight and exercise.

tingirl
10-08-2007, 05:59 PM
I love reading these! :) It is so inspiring!

I have a couple to add.

We are preparing to go skiing before christmas and I knew that my ski pants from last year would be too big so I decided to try on my daughters and they fit!!!! I did my happy dance all around the room. My daughter wears a size 2!!!!! Okay so they don't fit me like they do her, but they were comfortable and I was so excited!

This weekend I was out with my son looking for a new mattress. The lady started asking about the size of my husband and said they he may need the extra support for his size - then she looked at me and said "you don't need the extra support because you are so small" I couldn't believe it! My son just looked at me with this huge grin. He knew what it meant to me to hear a total stranger say I was small! It got even better when we got back in the car - my 12 year old son told me he was proud of me!!!!!

Miss Lili
10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Have any of you ever checked out realage.com? (It is based on the work of the doctors you frequently see on Oprah). I took their quiz, and unfortunately, although my real age is 50, my biological age is that of a 56 year old woman, due to my poor fitness and lifestyle habits. My NSV goal for this month is to see that number reduce!

Katheryne
10-08-2007, 08:09 PM
Congratulations to everyone on their NSVs :)

I spent today baking cookies and brownies for my b/f, as his birthday is coming up (and he has no weight/health issues to speak of, so no reason to deny him his birthday wish of home baked treats). Normally, fresh baked cookies are a HUGE trigger for me, and given how binge-y I've been feeling lately, I thought for sure I'd have eaten half a dozen cookies before I was finished.

I'm so proud of myself, I didn't even lick the spoon, even after making 2 dozen cookies and a batch of brownies! That makes the 10th day straight I've been perfectly on plan, after having a month of going off plan every other day. Yay!

Lifeguard
10-09-2007, 01:35 AM
Wow - what a flood of wonderful nsv's!!!

To comment on the sizing thing. I find it takes 20-30lbs between sizes for me - mainly because I'm a apple shaped (pout!). And Shy Moment - I too am very large boned & muscular & 10" taller than you - so I bet that is where the discrepancy in sizes is. What I think is interesting is how often I hear people comment that Old Navy's sizes are small yet I still cannot zip up the size 20's I have from there - maybe it's more about the cut difference from store to store (again, I have no waist!).

My NSV today is that I think through my success I have convinced my Mom & her partner to go to my trainers. I am excited as my Mom was a pretty serious body builder in the 80's & it bothers me to see her putting on weight - especially with her knee problems. It feels so good to be someone's inspiration.

Eves
10-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Today I jogged for 25 minutes without any walking in between.

I even stepped on dog poop and kept going. I had my mp3 player going, and I had to repeat Queen´s "Don´t Stop Me Now" in order to do it. But I did it.

Woooooooooooo!!! :faint:

BattleAx
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Shy- I have lost 42 lbs. and am barely into the next size down. The size 24 fits, but is still a tiny bit snug. I kept thinking as I was losing that another 5 lbs. would do it, but 5 lbs. came and went several times.

Torister
10-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Saturday night I took the plunge and bought a new Red Sox Tshirt in an XL as opposed to my 2X and 3x ones and it fits. Not loose like the dresses my 3 xs are...but it fits nice! :carrot::carrot:

Lifeguard
10-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm really starting to become obsessed with working out. I dream about it, look forward to the next one & it's all I want to talk about - to the boredom of those around me. My DH says - be obsessed for awhile, maybe it's the extra push you need.

Anyway, I've always wanted to be one of those people who gets cranky when they have to miss a workout & I'm totally getting there!

BattleAx
10-09-2007, 10:53 PM
UMMMMMM......SOMEONE has just reached the 100 lb. mark!!!!! Torister, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!

WindyCityChick
10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Woo hoo Torister! Congrats on reaching such a significant milestone!!! :carrot:

LaurieDawn
10-09-2007, 11:57 PM
BattleAx - I can't believe that I didn't even notice when I saw Peggy's post in the WI thread.

Peggy - What a phenomenal accomplishment! Such an amazing, amazing thing to do. Congratulations!!!!

RitzyFritz
10-10-2007, 06:49 AM
Another "clothing NSV." :D

I have noticed that all the clothes that I was trying to get DOWN to are now TACKY baggy!!!! :carrot: I'm holding off from buying any more right now because I just know it won't last long and I just want to wait until I absolutely cannot wait any longer. ;) This is a good feeling to see the clothes that used to be my "goal clothes" become my "too big clothes." :D

Also, the T-shirts that I wore for workout when I first started are now hanging straight down and are really loose. These used to be tight.

PeggyP
10-10-2007, 10:00 AM
I have a kind of funny NSV this week....
I bought 2 shirts the other day, size XL (not 1X, or 2X!!). They were a stretchy material. I wore one the other day, and it was a little snug, but okay, since it was stretchy. My husband and friend both commented that it made me look smaller, in the way it fit. Yesterday I wore the other one. It was really loose on me! I thought, "This is weird...they're the same shirt..I wonder why they fit so differently!!" Last night as I was taking shirt number one out of the dryer, I decided to check and see if maybe I picked up the wrong size....maybe I picked up a Large instead of XL. Well, sure enough, it was the wrong size alright....it was a SMALL!!!!! LOLOL :rofl:Thank Goodness for stretchy small shirts!!! It made my day!!!

Cassie501107
10-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Torister, congrats on losing 100lbs!

:high::cheer2::congrat::cheer::celebrate:

Torister
10-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks everyone. :hug:

Not *quite* to the half way point yet, but I will get there!! 8 months ago, I would never have believed I would be at this point! Go figure! ;)

Lifeguard
10-10-2007, 10:37 AM
I need new pj's!!! Everything I wear to bed is big enough for 2 of me.

zoritsa
10-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Congrats Torister! :carrot:

Last week a friend and I started walking on a 2.5 mile path at a local park.This week I plan on walking it every day...I'm loving it! My friend can't go today,so I asked hubby if he'd leave his mp3 player behind and he did.So I'll be able to listen to some tunes.I was even thinking that I could try the C25K.Who'd have thunk that I'd even want to attempt jogging :o We jogged for about a minute yesterday...and I didn't keel over,lol.

boaterswife
10-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse last night to celebrate FIL's bday. I checked their menu online first, and stuck to my plan! While everyone else ordered ribs and loaded baked potatos and sweet potatos with caramel sauce and marshmallows, I ordered the single pork chop dinner with green beans and a plain baked potato....and managed to leave half the potato on the plate along with all those darn dinner rolls they bring to the table! I was totally satisfied, and totally in control! YIPPEE!!

GirlyGirlSebas
10-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse last night to celebrate FIL's bday. I checked their menu online first, and stuck to my plan!

Wow, Kelly! Congratulations. Texas Roadhouse is my favorite restaurant and I have not yet been brave enough to even try going there and staying on-plan. I don't know if I'm strong enough yet to pass on the Cowboy Marguerita not to mention a big ole juicy rib-eye.

boaterswife
10-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks, Rhonda! I had never been there before, and ribeye is one of my FAVORITES, but I knew I wouldn't be able to eat 3-4 ounces of it and leave the rest sit, so I stayed away from it completely....I was the only one who felt good (as opposed to miserably stuffed) when we got home!

MugCanDoIt
10-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I ate my lunch at 11:00 today because I just couldn't wait. So at noon when I left work, I went to Walmart to get cat food. As I walked inside, the smell of the neighboring Long John Silvers came my way and the smell was so frigging wonderful, it made me consider getting some. But............after I bought my cat food and stuff, I went back inside walmart and went directly to the produce section to look for a snack. I ended up buying some celery and fat free Ranch dip. I wanted that long john silvers so bad! But I resisted and had something healthy instead. Now if I can just stick with this.

GirlyGirlSebas
10-10-2007, 03:37 PM
I forced myself to do my walk on the treadmill just now....and, it took some convincing! I just told myself "How badly do you want it?" I want it pretty badly, so I behaved and got on the darn things!:woops:

SuchAPrettyFace
10-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I had a big one today.

I stopped taking my Claritin b/c I ran out (I buy a bottle or two of 90 & that usually lasts me the season), and it's October so I wasn't going to buy any more. Woke up feeling stuffy today & thought about...Chinese food!!!

We have a Chinese restaurant that delivers here. They have a page full of lunch specials for $5 it includes FREE SOUP!!!!! I love their wonton soup. It's hot & steamy & the noodles are perfect around whatever the heck is in the middle. I love soup when I'm feeling yucky, and it's only $5!!!! You can get sesame chicken, beef with broccoli, sweet & shour shrimps, etc. THE SOUP IS FREE!!!!

The problem is, not only am I broke today, but I should not be eating thsi soup, ever!!! I should only be ordering there if I am getting their steamed foods with no salt or MSG. My kidneys won't be happy with me & my ankles will pouff up like 2 loaves of bread.

And I didn't order it. I made myself a cup of lo-so chicken broth (actually the labels says sodium free) and asked my cube neighbor for a Claritin. And that is my victory for today!!! :)

:belly: :dance: :belly: :dance: :belly:

Jen415
10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
A couple of NSV's for me:

1. Yesterday I had to stop at the grocery to get some more fresh fruit. I was STARVING, and boy, did those candy bars call out to me! But I made it out of there with ONLY what was on my list. This was HUGE for me.

2. My routine is to work out when I get home, then have supper, but I was so starved I went straight for the food. I was going to forego my workout for the day, until I saw The Biggest Loser......Jillian had this way of guilting me into doing it anyway! So I did some cardio and other exercises on my swiss ball.

3. Today I spent 30 minutes at the local park. They have a fitness trail where you stop and do certain exercises at certain spots along the way. There were some things that came easy to me, but there were some things that were so hard! The hardest thing I was able to do was this 4 inch wide balance beam about 6 ft long. I fell off it quite a few times before I made it across, but the thing is I DID IT!!

Lyn2007
10-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Today I was wearing my usual jeans (size 24) which, when I started this journey in August, I could not fit into. And I noticed today they are getting loose! I can feel the fabric sort of wishing around my waist a bit and my legs, and it is SUCH a good feeling!

Lyn
TWENTY THREE pounds gone!
My Blog:

dustdiva
10-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Pants that were snug this summer were nice and loose today!
:carrot:

xJox
10-11-2007, 12:05 AM
My size 22s were falling off of me today when I was walking through the grocery store. I just bought them a couple weeks ago. I had to keep pulling at them so they wouldnt slide down and show my undies.

Lifeguard
10-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Too big pants - so super to hear!!!

Lifeguard
10-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Haha - I forgot to add mine.

Today I went to a kickboxing class - not too bad but not quite long enough so I went on the treadmill for 20 minutes. And I ran for 16 minutes of that!!!! I haven't been running at all - just doing my workouts with my trainers & was shocked I was able to run so comfortably.

Robin41
10-11-2007, 01:52 AM
My car fits better. :) I have a little black two-seater convertible that is unbelievably cute and fun but at 292 lbs. it was starting to get a tad uncomfortable. It's also very low to the ground and getting out was getting to the point where I was going to need a small crane.

When I came home tonight, my husband was in the front yard and watched me hop out of the car. He said, "Wow, you know you've lost a lot of weight when even your car fits better!" And he was right. The tight little cockpit is now plenty big for me. I had blamed the tightness on my height; it seems like that wasn't really the problem.

I had started lobbying to drive his SUV and let him have my car, but now I'm keeping it.

hellokitty81668
10-11-2007, 08:34 AM
Last night, I was hungry ( could have guessed by the thread I posted), I wanted to eat another serving of a great pasta and bean/veggie dish I made. Last year I would have had 2 xl bowls. Last night I had a small bowl( maybe 1 cup in the bowl), and it was so good, I wanted more, but I didn't eat more. I had 5 walnut halfs, and some craisings( 8) for a after dinner snack, and that was it!! I didn't eat anything else, and I have the pasta dish for leftover dinner tonight.
cheryl

LisaMarie71
10-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I had a good running NSV today...

I ran 3 miles in 26:55, which is speedy for me. My last mile was 8:23, which is EXTRA speedy for me. I think I'll definitely be able to run that 5k at the end of the month under 30 minutes, as long as I don't get injured or something!

Another odd sort of NSV: one of my cross country runners kept telling me to jump on his back so he could give me a piggyback ride. I said no for a few days because I was afraid of hurting the poor boy, but finally the other day I just jumped on. He carried me around with no problem, which seems like a miracle to me! It's enough of a miracle that someone actually WANTED to pick me up. I don't know how long it's been since that was even a possibility.

hellokitty81668
10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
My NSV...
Today I am wearing a pair of pants, that I couldn't even get past my legs a few months ago, they are really small( looks like a size 18, even though it says a 20), and they are comfy ..... I love it!!!
cheryl

LaurieDawn
10-12-2007, 05:38 PM
On Wednesday, my 11YO son asked me if I would chaperon his field trip. I haven't done a lot of this, as I have always had young children at home. So, I told the teacher that I would do it if I could bring along my 3YO daughter. When he said that was fine, I couldn't decide if I was excited or disappointed.

It was GREAT. We went to a History Fair, and there was tons of walking - and even some running - involved. We were there from about 8:45 to 1:30, and I had to carry my 3YO for some of the time as well. (I don't know how I lugged around that 28 pounds or so she weighs ALL OF THE TIME before!) There were some physical things that I participated in, like pumping water and sawing logs with a 2-person saw. And though I was tired at the end, I didn't struggle at all to keep up. Even at my highest weight, I could walk for hours on end, but I would have been exhausted trying to do all the things that I did today. Plus - I didn't even have to go to the store to have enough healthy food for an on-plan lunch! I also got a weight loss compliment from a mother I hadn't seen for a while. (She asked me if I would start coming to baseball games this spring in a bikini. I agreed to do it - if she would put her own little 105-pound body in one. I think I'm off the hook.)

One of those days when I wonder why I EVER consider this journey to be a burden. It's hard sometimes, but the benefits are so worth the cost!!!

Lifeguard
10-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Today I worked out in a new pair of shorts - regular sized large!!!! They fit great & were comfortable.

Plus, my trainer asked me today if I would do a testimonial for the website!!! So cool - I feel so flattered!

Lyn2007
10-13-2007, 12:36 PM
My NSV is that yesterday I was able to bake a homemade birthday cake for my son, and only had ONE lick of the batter (instead of the 1/4-1/3 cup I used to have), AND I only had ONE piece of the cake, and won't have anymore. And I made up for it by having a lower calorie lowfat dinner for myself while the kids had my favorite pizza. I feel like I am getting true control of myself.

Lyn
TWENTY FOUR pounds gone!
My Blog:

hellokitty81668
10-14-2007, 10:56 AM
My NSV......... I am wearing a pair of size 18 dress pants/slacks and they fit fine :carrot::carrot:, no elastic in the waist. So I guess I am a size 18 in pants officially.... I haven't been a size 18 since 1997 or so. Wow. Now I just look overweight, instead of morbidly obese. It is nice. Now I am wondering what size I am going to end up in.. I was a size 14 when I was 165 many years ago. I am going to have to wait and see what well happen. cheryl

FresnoBeeDude
10-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Here's my latest "clothing" NSV. In May I bought a fanny pack to wear on my walks. Unfortunately in June I had stopped walking to work, as I started to take aerobics classes at the Y (no more time for walking). Yesterday I pulled out the fanny pack, and went walking. I had to tighten it up by 2" to get it to fit!

Cuter w Curves
10-14-2007, 11:49 AM
My NSV's:

I told my mother about having lost 45 lbs and kept it of since Aug. and my mother (who was always slim but has recently put on some pounds) said she is looking forward to seeing meat 220 again because I look really good there and how she wished she could take off 45 lbs too. Then I told her I want to hit 185 and she was all excited for me.

I told my father I had taken off 45 lbs and kept it off and he was very happy for me... He then told me a recipe for cookies. Not even going to share as they are not even remotely diet-esque food but to have him tell me after being so negative all my life about how I wasn't thin made me feel good in an odd kind of way.

royalsfan1
10-14-2007, 10:49 PM
I was at a women's retreat this weekend and not only did I stay on plan the entire time but there were several people I haven't seen in a long time who just plain didn't know who I was, period...I had to tell them!

midwife
10-15-2007, 01:14 PM
I had 2 food related NSVs this weekend.

I went out to dinner at Outback (I'd never been there before!) and I ordered grilled chicken and veggies and I didn't eat it all. This is an NSV cause I would typically have ordered something much much less healthy and I feel like I made the best choice I could....I am very proud of myself!

And, I really wanted a breakfast burrito this morning. The kind that is probably 2000 calories (no lie! it is about the size of my forearm and stuffed with lots of things that are not healthy for me) but I came home and had two eggs over some pinto beans with green chile and a little cheese. About 400 calories instead. That Monday morning burrito has been an on again off again habit for several years now, and this is the third week in a row I did not get one. What a stupid thing to be "addicted" to, huh? It was hard not to get one, cause I felt like I "deserved" it after working this weekend, but I really deserve to be healthy!

Yea!!

midwife
10-15-2007, 01:17 PM
I was at a women's retreat this weekend and not only did I stay on plan the entire time but there were several people I haven't seen in a long time who just plain didn't know who I was, period...I had to tell them!

:carrot:That's awesome!

cara1980
10-15-2007, 01:57 PM
I have never posted a NSV so here goes:

I got up this morning and went walking at 6:15am. This was after the scale told me I couldnt like myself today cuz I was back to 209. I even ran a few times. I found a groove in running granted it was only about 100 yards but it still was a groove now I know how people feel who can actually run! I wonder how long it will take to build my cardio up so I can actually run.

Just got back from the gym and last week I could only go halfway around the gym in walking lunges today I went all the way around the gym!!!! I did use 3lbs weights. I think Im gonna be sore tomorrow!

OH I forgot my BIGGEST NSV-I have not smoked since Sat at 8pm!!!! 41 hours and counting!

RitzyFritz
10-15-2007, 02:56 PM
What wonderful NSVs!! You are all so inspirational!! Thanks for posting your successes.

As for me...

I walked by a man in church yesterday who seldom talks to me and he said, "Hello, Slim." Now "slim" is not something I consider myself at all! But, it is nice to hear that my efforts are paying off.

Also, I have noticed that I am literally hopping out of bed now! I used to roll over, put my feet on the floor, and kinda just sit there to get a grip. :D Now I just hop up as if I have no reason to pause. That is a nice feeling.

One more...my hubby reached to lay his hand over on my stomach but his arm hit my ribs instead. He exclaimed about it and said he couldn't remember the last time he could feel my ribs. ;) Aren't men so tactful? LOL! It was nice to hear that he could feel them now, however. LOL!

hellokitty81668
10-15-2007, 07:29 PM
:carrot: Great NSV's everyone!
I got two compliments , yesterday and today , about my weight loss. My neighbor , last night, asked me am I loosing weight? I said yes , and she said you are looking good.
Today my dd teacher from last year saw me for the first time, since June and couldn't believe her eyes, she went on and on, that I am looking fabulous, wanted to know what I was doing, and when I left she said she can't wait to see me in a few more months.
So it is noticable , I look very different, I think from before. My bone structure is becoming visible. I am loving it!!
cheryl

RitzyFritz
10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Don't you just love how men says things lol.

Yes......they are notorious for such profound statements. ;) I actually have THE BEST husband in the whole world...he just isn't real polished in how to say things....at least from a woman's point of view! :lol:

Gale02
10-16-2007, 05:15 AM
I've had a couple NSV's lately.

When I went for my annual checkup the nurse used the regular blood pressure cuff and not the large one. This was exciting for me, I was always so embarrassed that she'd have to leave the room and come back with the bigger cuff.

I got two compliments today. I saw my aunt for the first time in a few months and when I walked in she said "Hey, who's that skinny thing?" She also told me she's really proud of me. (one of the best compliments a person can give me.)

Compliment number two was especially meaningful for some reason. I play volleyball with a lady who's not all that nice... in fact she's usually downright mean. Tonight as she was leaving she touched me on the arm, looked me straight in the eye, smiled, and said "You're looking really good." That one warmed me from the inside. :)

pamatga
10-16-2007, 07:34 AM
:carrot:

My NSV(now that I know what that stood for) recently is several things:
1)staying on a diet longer than two weeks--it's six weeks now with 15 lbs lost
2)working out 6 days a week during that time---combination walking on my treadmill 20 min each day, upper and lower body weight training and isometrics, and "other" activity--anything that will keep me moving
3)having my clothes glide over my body vs tight here or there.
4)having my first plateau but breaking it
5)checking in here weekly to listen and learn

:hug:Thanks for sharing, I'm following you so I hope you know where you're going:D

royalsfan1
10-16-2007, 07:56 AM
I actually have THE BEST husband in the whole world.

Hmmmmm, we must have married a bigamist!!!

:D

Mrs Quadcrew
10-16-2007, 09:23 AM
My NSV is about riding a motorcycle. My DH has always owned one. I NEVER rode with him - NEVER. I did NOT want to have all that fat hanging off both sides of the bike, so I just refused to ride. This summer has been the first time in 31 years I have gotten to enjoy riding. We ride that motorcycle every chance we get now! We go riding every weekend - this past one we went to Old Man's Cave and hiked for the day. I have missed out on so much by being fat for so many years. I have a LOT to make up for!!! (and I am having a BLAST!):D:carrot:

RitzyFritz
10-16-2007, 10:32 AM
Hmmmmm, we must have married a bigamist!!!

:D :lol: So, you have one of those wonderful hubbies also, huh? I consider myself SOOOOO blessed!!! :D

My NSV is about riding a motorcycle. My DH has always owned one. I NEVER rode with him - NEVER. I did NOT want to have all that fat hanging off both sides of the bike, so I just refused to ride. This summer has been the first time in 31 years I have gotten to enjoy riding. We ride that motorcycle every chance we get now! We go riding every weekend - this past one we went to Old Man's Cave and hiked for the day. I have missed out on so much by being fat for so many years. I have a LOT to make up for!!! (and I am having a BLAST!):D:carrot:

You go, girl!! :cheer: You are doing GREAT and I am sure you ARE having a blast!! It sure sounds like it! I'm so happy for you!!! :hug:

Janny O
10-16-2007, 11:03 AM
These NSV's are the BEST!! I got one at 5am. I was getting ready for work, putting on my new clothes-hubby says "Now your showing off!!" Heck yah!! bout time!

ps. ok, maybe a little showing off......

Cuter w Curves
10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Cuter
It always makes us feel good when those closest to us say something nice about us losing weight. Glad your dad said something nice.

It made me feel really good when my dad said that.

Not to be outdone apparently... The hubby to be sat me down last night. The hubby to be was only told about my goals very recently. I had wanted to see if I could do it before I put it out there if that makes sense...

So he sat down to talk to me, and told me he wished he had known this was something I wanted so he could have been more supportive and then he told me all the things he had noticed about the new me. Some not fit for a public forum ;) but most decided making me feel good about myself.

Then my other NSV last night was when I put on a pair of pants that are not forgiving at all... I haven't worn them in 3 1/2 years... I got them done up without fighting... Though they are a very close fit so I have to wait another 10 lbs and then they will look GOOD again... Getting them on and done up without issue was amazing! :carrot:

Cuter w Curves
10-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Cuter
I am so glad you are now getting some of the support you need. It is very important for those around us to understand we are changing how we eat for life, not just until we get thin. The need to be there with us because they really need to live somewhat the same food style too.

He changed with me because of my allergy... Now it is just a matter of the support with regards to my goals. In that respect we were already most of the way there. :carrot:

Cuter w Curves
10-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Cuter
That is just so great. My husband is so supportive I couldn't ask for more. Don't know how I would do it if he didn't support what I am doing. He doesn't even want me to lose weight except for I will be healthier. He liked me big lol.

Mine likes me as I am too... But will take me any way he can get me.

nylisa
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm wearing a pair of pants which haven't fit properly since 2001. Although back then, I didn't realize pleats weren't my friend. So it goes more with blouse which skim over the belly than tuck in, but it's interim clothing, nonetheless. And I think somewhere I have another pair in a different color.

Lifeguard
10-17-2007, 11:57 AM
I haven't been able to get on here lately - but it is so exciting to be able to come on here & read everyone's awesome NSV's. This is definitely my favourite forum to read.

MrsQuadcrew - you are so motivational to me. You are doing so fantastic & really seem to be enjoying life!

I have a couple to add from the past couple of days:

-On Sunday night we went to a friend's for dinner & after she & I sat & chatted for some time. It was nice as we haven't had much time together lately so there was lots of catching up to do. Anyway, she kept saying "you look sooo fantastic!". It felt nice & it's the first time we are both getting control of our weight at the same time which was doubly nice.
-On Saturday we went to watch a strongman comp. put on by the owner's of our gym. There was a big girl there & I asked my DH if I am as big as her. He looked at me in disbelief & asked me if I was crazy? Then after a little while he leaned over & said that even at my largest I wasn't as large as her. I know it's kind of shallow but I have no real concept of how big I look to others - to me I look HUGE, so it's kind of reassuring to find out my perception really is wrong.
-On Monday, I turned my ankle in the morning (not an uncommon thing for me as I have had weak ankles since I was a child) but I went to the gym for my training appointment anyway & I had a great workout. It's still blue & swollen today but I am going again. This is part of my physiology & I need to learn how to work around & not let it sidetrack me.

PeggyP
10-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I love this forum, too!!
Lifeguard, I know what you mean about comparing.... I do it all of the time. It's strange to try and figure out how you look to someone else.
I did have a wonderful NSV just a little while ago.
We went to my mother in law's house (I don't see her that often). SHE asked me if I was still doing the "food thing"! :lol: My husband is so proud of me, he has told her and a lot of people that I'm losing weight. Personally, I wouldn't be telling them, but if he wants to, that's okay. It is so nice to have that support.
Anyway...back to my mother in law....
She was saying how nice I looked and how much she can tell that I've lost!!! :yikes:For her, that is a BIG deal!! It made me really feel good.

hellokitty81668
10-17-2007, 02:59 PM
I just got back from a bakery ( looking at cakes for my Dd birthday, haven't found one yet).. I bought my dd a danish and some Buckeyes for my son. Now i didn't know what buck eyes were, and before I would have bought at least one for myself, I didn't. I also didn't buy the wonderful fudge they had, or eclairs, or truffles, or lemon bar. Instead I came home and had 5 fresh dates. I did it.. :carrot:
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
10-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Cheryl, you're my hero! Starchy sweets are my number one weakness. I'm not sure I could come within 100 feet of a bakery and manage to walk away without at least nibbling on something.

Schmoodle
10-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm with you Rhonda! I baked chocolate chip cookies last night for DS's birthday treat to take to school today and it was torture. I did break down and eat half of one, thank goodness I was able to stop there and go to bed. I'll call it a victory. In the old days I would have eaten a dozen by now and would be feeling very sick.
And buckeyes are evil.

I haven't really had any NSVs this week unless it counts that I'm wearing a new outfit today - a size L shirt, and 14 - 16 pants, no plus sizes anywhere. It actually fits and DH noticed this morning and told me I was looking very sharp today. I guess he's tired of seeing me in those baggy jeans!
Funny though, I saw some friends this past weekend that I only see once a year. I've lost almost 40 lbs since I last saw them, but not one noticed anything (or said anything). I kind of thought they would, but it didn't bother me. I figured since I see them once a year, maybe it's not a big enough difference. Lots of people that see me more often have noticed. Plus, I didn't have my new outfit yet, so I was wearing those baggy jeans, and it might have been kind of hard to tell under all that fabric!

But I love reading everyone's NSVs. It is so inspiring.

midwife
10-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Go Cheryl!

And wowsas, we'll have to call you the shrinking Schmoodle!

My NSV today is that I ran at lunch time. And then I ate my turkey sandwich, hardboiled egg, and grapes.

3 miles, baby! That's a good use of my lunch hour.

rubberlegs
10-18-2007, 05:04 AM
I took a look at my 18s and thought no way will I fit in them, but I'll just try them on to see how close I am... AND THEY FIT!!! Ok, so I still unfit for public consumption (too tight) BUT THEY FIT!!!

Cuter w Curves
10-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Cuter
Hmmmm are we married to the same man and just don't know it? Does your hubby disappear for a few days at a time lol.

So THAT's why we are still only common law... Are you coming to the wedding in Vegas? I mean really... The whole sister wife thing could be fun. *snicker*

*Not that there is anything wrong with polygamous relationships... Don't want to offend anyone out there!*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAY RUBBERLEGS!

Feels great eh? :carrot:

Robin41
10-18-2007, 12:03 PM
The wedding ring is back on! It's been at least four years since I've been able to wear it and frankly, I couldn't be more pleased. It was small when I bought it (I was going to lose some weight!), so I am actually smaller than when we got married and that feels pretty good too.

Funny though, I felt so fat at this weight when we got married and now I think I look pretty darn good. The perception's a little different.

Lifeguard
10-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm typing this on my new (aka. dh's old) laptop!! It's so much fun to have something new (my old one was no longer very portable as the battery was kapoot & it had to be plugged in to be used).

Lately it seems that everywhere I go people are commenting on how nice I am dressed. And I don't think I've dressing particularly nice, just jeans & button down shirts. Anyway, I said to my dh "I must really have been letting myself go with how I was dressing before." and he said "welllll, yes". LOL - but I think people are also noticing the weightloss just not saying it. I'm ready for people starting noticing any day now.

Lovely
10-18-2007, 04:03 PM
LOL Lifeguard! They're definitely noticing ^^ I'm sure they'll start saying so soon!

Yesterday, I tried an elliptical machine for the very first time ever. I was surprised that it was so easy. I only used it for 5 minutes to give it a try, but I could definitely feel it in my thighs. I'll have to start using one more.

Lyn2007
10-18-2007, 06:01 PM
I took my daugher to a Mommy and me tumbling class today. It is "parent participation" and I was SO worried I would not be able to do it. Well, they ran, jumped, skipped, etc and I was ABLE to do it. And got on the floor and had to get back up twice (with nothing to hold on to) and I did it. Two months ago I would have had to quit the class and pull my daughter out. Now I can do it. I am so happy. She loves it.

Lyn
TWENTY FOUR pounds gone!
My Blog:

Lovely
10-19-2007, 12:06 AM
So tonight I'm complaining to my roommate that my pants are sagging, she throws me a pair of 22's (I usually wear a 24 in the same brand as she) and OMG they fit like a glove. They were perfect. :cloud9:

I can't afford to go shopping right now, (my belt will have to do ;))but just knowing that when I do go a lower size will be waiting for me is so great!!! :dance:

Lyn - That is so huge! Way to go ^^

Lovely
10-19-2007, 12:30 AM
That's pretty much what I'm doing here, Shy. Just going through the forums. ^^ WTG on feeling your jaw bone :)

Lovely
10-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Something so small can be so exciting. Ok I get excited when the bathroom is cleaned. I am easily entertained lol. I just really haven't noticed any difference in how I look. This is the first thing I can see and feel.

:rofl: Being easily entertained just means you can have great fun at little expense!

I completely understand and agree. The scale is a good motivator, but until that first physical "thing" pops up that we can touch & see & compare, it doesn't always hit home that this is working and that we're losing the weight.

Lifeguard
10-19-2007, 05:54 AM
Today I went to the gym for just a cardio session. I did 3min of walking on the treadmill to warm up & then figured I would just see how long I could run for without taking a walking break (& without going over the 30min I was planning to do - lol!)

I ran for 22 min non-stop!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know that I have EVER in my life done that - even when I was really slim & athletic in high school. Running has just never been my thing.

I think part of what really amazes me is that I haven't been doing a lot of cardio & very little running. I've mainly been doing really intense lifting workouts with cardio "blasts". Well - it's working!!!

hellokitty81668
10-19-2007, 10:33 AM
My NSV just happened. I woke really early 4:30 ,and couldn't go back to be bed, I was going to eat around 6 am, but didn't instead drank some water. When I was getting ready to exercise I got real hungry , so I ate breakfast, and waited 45 minutes to do my exercises. I didn't do any weight lifting, I am having some shoulder pain for the past few days, but did 45 minutes on the elliptical and 14 minutes of , leg lifts, crunches, sit ups ect..
I wanted not to exercise, but I will not let me ruin this!! I will do this.
cheryl

Lovely
10-19-2007, 11:31 AM
Faerie
I worry my husband a bit. He said to me. You can pull your jeans down without unbuttoning them. Your Capri's are only staying up because the little apple man from your fruit of the looms is holding onto your belt loop. What more do you want so fast lol.

:lol:

royalsfan1
10-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Ok, this is one of my favorite ones so far!!! I needed some new pajamas so I went to get some yesterday. Grabbed several pair that I liked in XL and went to the dressing room. THEY WERE TOO BIG! I'm so excited!!! I came home with 2 VERY CUTE pair of winter pajamas size L!!! Can't wait to make that L and M! :)

GirlyGirlSebas
10-19-2007, 12:32 PM
We are trying to find me a treadmill somewhere cheep.

Hey Rennie....have you tried Craig's List?

hellokitty81668
10-19-2007, 01:03 PM
girlygirl
Craigs list?

royal
that is just to great.

Hi
craigslist.org... It is a place that has tons of things, things for sale, free, jobs, apts. houses, and they have groups in almost all the states.
There is also freecycle.com.
cheryl

Cuter w Curves
10-20-2007, 04:53 PM
EEEKS!

I put a top on this morning as a trial... And it fit! Nicely! I haven't worn it in 2 1/2 years because it just looked WRONG!

*WOOT!*

Lyn2007
10-20-2007, 06:43 PM
OMG! My wedding rings are SPINNING around my finger and clanking together!!!! These rings were SNUG when we got them and when I was preg I had to remove them they got so tight (they caused nerve damage!). This morning I was noticing that I have to adjust them every 5 minutes or the diamond part ends up spinnin underneath! And I hear this little *clang clang* like teeny bangles, LOL!! I am so excited!

Lyn
TWENTY FIVE pounds gone!
My Blog:

BillBlueEyes
10-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Last night while racing to get dressed to go out, I pulled on a black turtleneck jersey from my drawer. It seemed a bit too short to stay tucked in. Confused, wondering what size it was, I asked DW to check the label (without taking it off). "It's Lands End, doofus; you don't own any Lands End." It was hers.

Never in my life did I expect to put on an article of my DW's clothing. She's always been way smaller than me. Even now she's about 30 pounds lighter. Just no way for me to imagine that I could do that. I took it off a bit sheepishly.

"Now your cooties are all over it," she added. Being peeved was the only thing she could think of when confronted with the impossible action that her large husband had just done.

XXXXXXX 7 XXXX||| 14 ||||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 11. 31 to go. Keep going!

Lifeguard
10-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Well, my DH is gone for the next month & I am in an empty house as the movers came & took our stuff this week. I have a whole month to myself to focus on me & on finishing the house renovations before I join him in Costa Rica!

And I went grocery shopping today & bought enough great, healthy food to last me a week. I feel so organized!

Gale02
10-21-2007, 05:05 AM
I just wanted to jump in and say that the freecycle site is freecycle.org, not .com. You get somewhere else with the .com address.

Cuter w Curves
10-22-2007, 01:47 AM
Cuter
Oh my gosh, that is so great. See how far you have come. Clothes are much more important than the scale. You just keep going.

It is the clothing that I am going by now really.

That and cute little comments from my sweetie.

Last nights was amusing so here goes:

"Wow! Your butts a one hand cheek grope. Not two anymore!"

ROTFLMAO!

Ok... maybe a bit TMI but cracked me up and I figured some could use a chuckle starting off their work week!

I love reading the updates for this thread! :carrot::carrot:

Lifeguard
10-22-2007, 07:04 PM
My nsv today is a little strange but I'll take it! I got my period right on schedule!!! I have pcos & am trying to conceive but it is terribly difficult when you don't ovulate or have regular cycles. It is one of the top reasons I am losing weight to get the pcos symptoms under control.

My sv is that I'm only 2lbs away from 50lbs lost!!!! Soon!

Lyn2007
10-22-2007, 07:35 PM
I went out and walked to the park and my knees felt so normal! First time in ages.

Lyn
TWENTY SIX pounds gone!
My Blog:

LaurieDawn
10-24-2007, 01:38 AM
Rennie - Those are amazing pictures! Sounds like you had a great time!

My NSV - I needed some new work-out pants because mine were becoming downright embarrassing. I have been looking, but I'm pretty picky about only buying things on clearance. Today, I found some on clearance, but they only had size 16/18 (don't you hate those "two size" clothing?") and 12/14 and below. Since the ones I have now are 16/18, I knew that I didn't want those, but I hesitated to buy the 12/14 ones because I didn't want to buy some that were too small and get even more frustrated. But, I finally decided that if they were too small, I would just wait a while to wear them. I came home and tried them on, and they fit PERFECTLY. Not falling off, but not so tight I couldn't move well enough in them to get a really good work-out. I hate the variable sizing thing, but I think I'm officially claiming that I am a size 14 now because so much of the size 14 clothing that I've tried has fit me, and I've fit into several size 12s now as well. WooHoo! Size 14!

Gale02
10-24-2007, 02:39 AM
Yeeeaaahh Laurie!! I am so excited for you! I'm going to be thrilled to get into my 12's, those are the goal jeans I have. I have one pair of 14's I can wear, but I'm pretty firmly in a 16.

You're such an awesome inspiration, I'm glad things are getting back on track for you!

Lyn2007
10-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Back several years ago, when I got down to about 242, I went out and bought these two really cute shirts for summer. They had just a bit of sleeve, a v-neck and some buttons. They were cut to be form fitting and showed my waist curves and my curvy bust really well. I felt so sexy in them. But then I got too big to wear them.

I decided today I would get them out (even though they are for summer, and it is cold) and hang them in my closet for motivation. Just for kicks I tried them on. THEY FIT. They fit well enough that if it were summer I would wear them NOW. I felt SO good in them!! I was almost giddy!

And then I tried on some jeans and fit into a 22! I started in a very tight 26, so this is pretty darn inspiring :)

Lyn
TWENTY SIX pounds gone!
My Blog:

LaurieDawn
10-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeeeaaahh Laurie!! I am so excited for you! I'm going to be thrilled to get into my 12's, those are the goal jeans I have. I have one pair of 14's I can wear, but I'm pretty firmly in a 16.

You're such an awesome inspiration, I'm glad things are getting back on track for you!

Shannon - Thank you so much for being so supportive all of the time! You helped pull me back from the abyss I was facing a couple of weeks ago. I absolutely believe that 3FC has made ALL of the difference for me in finally being able to achieve and maintain some success, and you exemplify that support. Moving down those sizes is incredibly exciting, huh? I know you'll look great in your size 12 jeans!

My NSV - I feel skinny! I love that! It's such an unpredictable feeling. There are some days when I still feel like the fattest person on the planet and want to hide from the world. But on days like today and yesterday - it's just wonderful to be alive. I want to stay on plan with my food and exercise because I have so much faith that I will reach my goal. I'm actually starting to think about the end game when I'll have to decide what the best weight for me will be and figure out how to maintain that weight, because I finally believe that there will be an end game!

leah_0600
10-24-2007, 03:18 PM
Today i went clothes shopping. I always have mixed feelings about it, like before i go i get all excited, then i never bother trying anything on because i know it'll just make me feel fat. BUT, today was different. I can't remember the last time i actually tried a pair of jeans on, but i just thought 'what the heck' and tried on a pair of size 12 UK (size 10 US??) and THEY FIT! i don't mean like i could just pull them up and made me feel sick, i mean they actually FIT! no muffin top, no tightness! I didn't actually buy them cause they were like £40, but i just felt so happy after anyway :)

RitzyFritz
10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, I had my own clothing NSV today....was going through my closet to clean it out (AGAIN) and tried on a few things that I had pushed to the back because they were too small. Well, lo and behold, they are now TOO BIG. This is bitter sweet - sweet in that I'm glad they are too big because that means I'm making progress but bitter in that I am quickly running out of clothes and I didn't really want to spend any money on new ones just yet. Guess I'm getting to where I have no choice since we don't live in a nudist colony! :lol:

Robin41
10-24-2007, 05:40 PM
This is apparently Everybody Notices the Weight Loss week. Family, friends, neighbors, clerks in stores, even the dog's vet. It feels great but it's kinda weird too, the way they all picked up on it at virtually the same time.

I'm also fitting into all my old size 16's so maybe the fact that my clothes actually fit for the first time in 5 months may have made the difference.

As nice as the compliments are, I'm already starting to get that feeling of not really wanting to share how much I've lost with the clerk in the grocery store but have yet to figure out a response that doesn't make me feel sound like a b***h.

Schmoodle
10-24-2007, 08:07 PM
No NSVs of my own this week, but I enjoy reading everybody else's.
Robin, it's funny how that happens, isn't it. You might have lost 25 lbs and nobody's said a word then all of a sudden everybody notices. I have a hard time with the attention too. I never liked it when people discussed weight before I was losing, and I'm not sure I like it any better now. How your body looks seems like pretty personal stuff. But I'm learning to accept the compliments instead of arguing.
Ritzyfritzy, LaurieDawn, Lyn, and leah, congrats on the clothing size NSVs!
LaurieDawn, I know exactly what you mean. Some days I feel positively skinny, and others I feel fat as ever! Enjoy the moment!

dustdiva
10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Even though my weight loss so far is a drop in the bucket, I found myself feeling really GOOD about myself yesterday. It's like I could see ahead to the "me" I'm going to be. I think that just taking care of myself, eating healthier, and knowing that I'm on the road to self-improvement has been a real attitude boost.

Trazey34
10-24-2007, 09:25 PM
I don't have anything to report, just haaving some fun browsing thru others -- i like this one

Back several years ago, when I got down to about 242, I went out and bought these two really cute shirts for summer. They had just a bit of sleeve, a v-neck and some buttons. They were cut to be form fitting and showed my waist curves and my curvy bust really well. I felt so sexy in them. But then I got too big to wear them.

I decided today I would get them out (even though they are for summer, and it is cold) and hang them in my closet for motivation. Just for kicks I tried them on. THEY FIT. They fit well enough that if it were summer I would wear them NOW. I felt SO good in them!! I was almost giddy!

And then I tried on some jeans and fit into a 22! I started in a very tight 26, so this is pretty darn inspiring :)

Lyn
TWENTY SIX pounds gone!
My Blog:

that's such a great feeling and so motivational -- i say WEAR the tops and put a nice fitted jacket over top! voila! hopefully it'll be really hot where you work (hahaha turn the heat up) and you'll "casually" have to slip off the jacket ;) yay!

and dustdiva -- awesome to feel good about yourself!!! :carrot: you don't have to lose massive amounts to feel great about accomplishing something ! the first steps are the MOST brutal

yay for everyone!!

Lifeguard
10-24-2007, 09:57 PM
This is a little catty but I surpassed the weightloss of a friend & it kinda feels good. Ok - I know that shows how terrible a person I am but .... well, there it is.

Cuter w Curves
10-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Lifeguard... Not all that catty... But very human.

It's not like you phoned to rub it in like I did with someone. *blush*

Lyn2007
10-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Oh you guys are SO right about going ahead and wearing those sexy shirts!!! You have totally inspired me. I LOVE how those shirts look and I was just a teeny bit sad because I bet by spring they will be kinda loose. My husband is coming home in 2 weeks (he has been gone 3 months except a short visit home) and I was trying to figure out something nice I could wear to see if he noticed my weight loss. I am going to wear those shirts under a jacket or sweater and slip them off!! At least I know I will feel drop dead sexy! Thanks you guys.

Lyn
TWENTY SIX pounds gone!
My Blog:

Gale02
10-25-2007, 09:33 AM
I have a NSV that's really not all that related to weight loss, but it makes me feel good nonetheless.

I play volleyball 2-3 times per week. I've not been going on Wednesday nights because the play at this game is much better and more competitive than my other 2 games. Well, I decided that I'm not going to get better until I start playing with people that can teach me to be better. So, I've been going on Wednesdays this year. I can play with these guys!! I know it doesn't seem like much, but I can keep up and hold my own with these guys. My playing has improved enough over the last 6 months that I fit right in. It feels great!! I also notice that I'm getting stronger. I used to have a hard time serving the ball over the net and my triceps would be killing me after 2 hours. Now, I can serve the ball out of bounds (and did tonight, whoops.) and my arms don't hurt at all. I'm also learning to be a good spiker. Yep, all 5'7" of me is learning to spike the ball! I love it. :D I said this isn't really related to weight loss, but my loss has helped. I'm faster, can jump higher and am more flexible since I've lost weight. I'm sure that makes a difference.

flappymommy
10-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I know it may not seem like a big deal; but, I made it through the day yesterday with only 6oz of diet soda. And I drank my 64oz of water first!

You're looking at a gal who has literally gone weeks without touching a glass of water - living on nothing but diet soda. So for me, this is huge!!:carrot:

Cuter w Curves
10-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I totally forgot to post this one:

My hubby to be gets graft from work at times. This time it was a shirt. It is that WebTech material that wicks sweat away, and is generally for more fitted styles.

Well... It was a mens XL. He held it up against me and said... "I think that will fit!" so I tried it on and it was lose in the waist, and sat lovely on my... um... chest. *grin* Maybe not as exciting as a womens XL but a mens XL has been a long time for me too!

S

OptimistK
10-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I guess you did lose a good bit of weight when your "stretch", really really stretchy jeans fall off!!!

xJox
10-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Today at Walmart I ran into my cousin. I havent seen here in a few months. The last time she saw me I had lost 39 lbs and she didnt even notice. Today Ive lost 51 and she noticed immediately. She said "WOW! You have really lost alot of weight!" I blushed and told her I had lost 51 lbs.

sockmonkey70
10-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Coming back to 3FC to face what I have been doing the last few weeks.

Gale02
10-25-2007, 10:16 PM
YAY Mary!! I'm glad you're back, it's a great victory to come back when you've been "off the wagon"... so to speak.

Schmoodle
10-26-2007, 08:59 AM
BONES, who knew I had 'em? Lying in bed this morning, my hand slid over my hip and I felt HIPBONES! Harder to find standing up, but they are still there! Then I started looking and noticed that my collar bones and jawbone are making a reappearance too. I'm feeling positively bony today! Just in time for Halloween!:sklol:

ChrissyBean
10-26-2007, 12:12 PM
This is more of a "staying on plan" victory. I'm PMSing big time, and I usually allow myself 1 bag of chips and some dip at this TOM. It's the ONLY time I "let" myself eat chips anymore. Well, I did the grocery shopping yesterday, and I was in the treat aisle with my kids...and I didn't buy my chips. I thought about it, but decided not to. I'm sorta bummed that I didn't get my salt fix, but I'm MORE proud that I was able to say "no" in the grocery store ('cause once they're in the house, they're fair game). Yay me!

Supersub
10-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Last night I had to work my daughter's Book Fair at school. I'm up there all the time and EVERYONE knows me. Well, one of the teachers told me how nice I looked and asked if I'd lost weight. "Why yes I have!" I replied. She just had a baby over the summer and can really relate to needing to lose. I'm just so happy that someone finally noticed and that it was someone with a genuine compliment. I'm almost dreading when my family notices. They'll give me a hard time about it all and say stuff like "it's about time."

Oh well, I'm happy dancin' about a very nice compliment and 35 pounds down! :carrot:

nelie
10-26-2007, 12:29 PM
I have a dimple BELOW my collarbone!!! :) Not only can I see the indention on top of my collarbone but now I can see the indention below.

Lovely
10-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Tiny NSV. Today I wasn't going to have time to use the treadmill afterwork, so I went to the gym in the building during my lunchbreak instead to make sure I got my exercise in. Then just ate lunch after at my desk.

OptimistK
10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
Nelie- YAY for collarbones. I was able actually feel mine a few weeks ago, which I couldn't before, obviously too much fat on them I guess. Now I can see a indentation too!!!

Cassie501107
10-28-2007, 01:13 AM
My mom told me today that my fingers look thin. LOL.

I resisted cakes, cookies, and candies at Fun Night today!

Lifeguard
10-28-2007, 02:05 AM
I keep feeling my collarbones & am still disappointed to see they only show up if I move the right way - lol.

Last night I went out scrapbooking (which I haven't done in quite sometime) & had a few compliments. One friend said "I think you lost all the weight in your neck this week". Haha - I can't imagine what she's seeing but it's still nice.

Another woman, who I haven't seen in a few months, just gushed & loudly proclaimed I was disappearing & looking fantastic!!! She's the first person to have really noticed & make any kind of big deal about it - felt great!

Another woman kept trying to figure out what I did differently with my hair - lol, it wasn't my hair, it was my face!!

BillBlueEyes
10-28-2007, 07:57 AM
Another woman kept trying to figure out what I did differently with my hair - lol, it wasn't my hair, it was my face!!

:lol:

When I saw a relative who hadn't seen me since 40 pounds ago, he smiled and said, "Oh look, you've got more hair !"

XXXXXXX 7 XXXXX|| 14 ||||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 12. 30 to go. Keep going!

LaurieDawn
10-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Tiny NSV. Today I wasn't going to have time to use the treadmill afterwork, so I went to the gym in the building during my lunchbreak instead to make sure I got my exercise in. Then just ate lunch after at my desk.

See, I think that's a pretty big NSV. Making that commitment to get in the exercise despite the obstacles makes all the difference.

Cassie501107
10-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Thanks, Shy!

I have been noticing that kneeling in church NO LONGER hurts! It's easy, and I love it!

rakel
10-29-2007, 01:22 AM
I haven't posted here much, but I haven't really had many NSV's. But yesterday I had a REALLY good one! I bought these glass bangles earlier this year, and I could only get them to fit on my left hand. I don't wear them a whole bunch (though I really should, I paid enough for them!) but I decided to wear them yesterday at my party, and just for grins, I thought I'd see if they fit my right hand... and sure enough! They slid on without a problem. SCORE!

BillBlueEyes
10-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Yesterday, a friend said he liked the subtle red in the pattern in my Harris Tweed sports coat. Of course it's new since I've lost the 80 pounds.

I don't remember when I last received a compliment about clothes. Rather nice.

XXXXXXX 7 XXXXX|| 14 ||||||| 21 ||||||| 28 ||||||| 35 ||||||| 42
Completed Beck Program-day 12. 30 to go. Keep going!

Lifeguard
10-29-2007, 09:30 AM
This morning I was up with the first ring of the alarm. I have been slowly slipping back into old patterns of staying up late & sleeping in late. My goal for the week is to get myself back on track - no more nonsense. I'm starting the week off right!

Schmoodle
10-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Finally got out to buy my new jeans this weekend - size 16, oh yeah!:carrot: That's down from a REALLY tight 20.
BTW, my Lane Bryant store has marked all their old sizing jeans down to $9.99, if anybody needs some. They are clearing them out for the new yellow/red/blue jeans. But if you are a red they are cut the same as the old sizes anyway.

Cuter w Curves
10-29-2007, 01:26 PM
A NSV:

A year ago I know I couldn't do the trip from the basement at a mid-high speed to the second floor non-stop without gasping.

In May-June I noticed I could do it and only end up a bit winded at almost a gentle jog.

Yesterday I practically bounded up the stairs 3 times in a row because I forgot yet another "something" and still had a happy go lucky, care free smile as I bounced out the front door. And now I can do the bottom to top with a positive spring in my step and the only time I am even slightly winded is at 11 at night!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Angihas2
10-29-2007, 03:40 PM
OK, I haven't been around in ages. I know. *smacks hand* I've been so busy with school, work, kids, Matt, myself, etc. Anyway, there was a death in the family and I needed something besides scrubs and jeans to wear, so I hit Belks. I normally detest Belk's, they never have anything that fits etc etc. I'm grumbling and whining the entire trip<keep in mind, I went with my mom, so I can act like a child, it makes her happy :D > I tried on this gorgeous 4 piece suit set, size 18, which no matter what the scale says, I've been wearing an 18 from a weight of 265 down to 235, so, the 18 is to big....dare I? I tried on a size 16, in a business suit with nice straight lines, angles and no curves. There was no give in this material, the 16 fit, true. In fact, it was a bit large around the waist and legs, but thanks to the Michelin Man outfit I'm still wearing in my belly, it'll be awhile yet before it's loose there, but I've broken out of the 18's, FOREVER!!!

Oh, yeah, and the scale finally moved! From 240.6 to 222.4 YAY!

Lifeguard
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
I just got home from the gym & had a great workout. I deadlifted 175lbs!!! I think my trainer was quite proud/happy with me for that. And on my 500m row I pushed as hard as I could & almost threw up afterwards (ok, I know that doesn't sound like a good thing - but for me it is just proof that I am learning how to really push myself in my workouts).

Cuter w Curves
10-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Cuter
That is just so great. I still cant go up the basement stairs and then up the upstairs without being a bit winded.

It'll come when you are least expecting it...

Oh... And moving the TV to the basement helped. :dizzy::carrot:

Cuter w Curves
10-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Cuter
I think my big problem is the low lung capacity. I can do one set but two sets is just a bit much.

:hug: One is still better than where most of us were at when we started. ;) Congrats on that hun!

royalsfan1
10-30-2007, 09:19 AM
Angi! Great to see you post again!!!!!!!!!

Lifeguard
10-30-2007, 03:53 PM
I got up on time today (one of my goals for the week) & went to the gym & had a really good, hard cardio session. As an added bonus while I was on the treadmill there was some great eye candy in a tight shirt pushing iron - yum!

SuchAPrettyFace
10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
I found salt I can use!!!! It's expensive, but worth it. No more puffy feet!

txangelgirl
10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
okay my turn!!! Today I was offered an unlimited serving of Domino's
Pizza yummmmmm. Now Domino's isn't the best, but hey, it's better than no pizza at all right. Get this - I turned it DOWN! I just said, "no thank you, I've been doing so good that is the last thing I need!!!" Didn't even go smell it (okay admission, I didn't have to get up, the scent was wafting over to my desk for a couple hours at least), and no I didn't second guess my decision either. Hoorayyyyyyyy!

Lifeguard
10-31-2007, 06:28 PM
I had a hard circuit workout today. My trainer said for the 2nd cycle we would just go as far as we could but probably wouldn't get through it all - well, I got through it all!!!

And we were talking about my deadlift from the other day (175lbs) & he said he thinks I could probably handle at least 250lbs so on my next deadlift day we're going to push it & see how much I can lift. (He does strongman comps & powerlifting - I'm thinking of trying my hand at it so I'm curious if I have the potential to do well.)

txangelgirl
10-31-2007, 08:44 PM
alright I am so proud of myself, I cannot believe I passed this up.......CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!!! Boy the frosting looked like little clouds of heaven, and there was candy too oh wow....... but I didn't touch it, man but was it hard!!!! :D

Lifeguard
10-31-2007, 09:04 PM
I am having fun with my workouts. Ok, maybe that's not totally right - during the workouts I keep thinking "I'm insane!" but afterwards I feel really good about it. It IS fun to see progress.

OptimistK
10-31-2007, 09:36 PM
I posted in the exercise forum that my heart rate isn't getting as high when I do my cardio intervals on the elliptical. I used to easily get my heart rate into the 170s and 180s now I barely crack the 160s. :carrot: This is a great thing! I'm also not as tired when I do my workouts.

However, this means I have to work harder to get my heart rate back up. Oh well, this is what this journey is all about. Bring it on!!!!