Support Groups - Chicks on Motorcycles

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Chicks on Motorcycles

chick_in_the_hat
09-30-2007, 11:29 PM
I guess our old thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54317) was toooooooooooooo long.

I thought about renaming it HAWT Biker chicks but then I was worried no one would find us. Today was spring cleaning day (what can I say? I'm the queen of procrastinators). I still have to catch up on the old thread.

For any newcomers - here's the basic idea of this thread from the OP herself from March of 2005...jeez has it been that long? . :D

I had an idea that it would be fun to start a forum or club for those of us that enjoy riding motorcycles and are also working towards weight loss goals. Even if you ride behind someone, are learning to ride, experienced motorcyclists, or just plain enjoy motorcycles. I thought that we could discuss some of our favorite rides as well as work towards goals together.

A little about me... I am 28 and just learning to ride a motorcylce. I bought a 1985 Honda Rebel 250 in October and have only practiced a few times on it. I had never been on one until this past summer. My then-fiance took me on a test drive on a Harley he was interested in. I loved it! In June we got married and by the end of June he found a '03 Harley Softtail to buy. We do dinner runs with friends of ours that ride (the wife rides a bike, too). We also have "rallies" in a small town an hour from our home where bikers from all over the area ride to and shop at booths and view the bikes. I started thinking that it would be fun to try to ride my own. I havent taken the MSF class yet, but I am hoping to this summer or fall.

As far as weight loss...I have a lot to lose and I dont want to take the MSF until I feel more comfortable with my weight. I have been up and down the scale for the past 2 years. I was once 315, then got down to 190 and started gaining once again when I met my hubby. I am working to get it off and have tried many things. For me, I am finding that exercise and counting calories/fat work good for me.

I hope to get some responses from others that enjoy riding and to have a place to chat and support each other. Even though the title says "Chicks"... anyone is welcome to post.

flsunbakd
10-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey Hat Chick! I guess we're the only one's here so far!

Nobody's been around much...I've been on the old thread all by myself whining that I ate my way through the summer and gained FIFTEEN POUNDS!!!! :( OMG :(

Anyway, I am back on track...journaling, doing WW and actually getting on my Gazellle. HH calls it The Antelope. LOL :D:D I have lost about 5 of the 15 so far, but am waiting until Thursday to change my weight tracker.

Had a wonderful summer (eating)...but the best of the best was riding bike through upstate NY. We flew up....then were able to borrow a bike for the whole 10 days we were there. We criss-crossed that absolutely GORGEOUS northern part of the state, east/west from the Adirondaks to the Vermont border and back to Niagara Falls...and north/south from the wine country of the Finger Lakes Region to the massive apple orchards along Lake Ontario. We put 1306 miles on that guy's bike!!!!! Good thing he was OK with it. :dizzy::dizzy: The best part of being on a bike was the SMELLS! We could smell the apples, the grapes, the spruce trees in the mountains. It was amazing. Oh and by the way...those homemade grape pies and tarts sold along the roads out of people's homes were to-die-for. And part of my weight-loss demise.

Hope all you Chickies are doing well....I'll be glad to see you all once you find our "new home"!

flsunbakd
10-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Hi Chickies!

I'm just gonna keep posting 'til somebody shows up! ;);):D

I have to scream it to The World.....I LOST 5, YES FIVE POUNDS THIS WEEK!

:cheer: YEA ME!! :cheer:

I've been faithfully journaling and each day I'm keeping the beat on my gazelle for AN HOUR, plus, I'm only eating about 1/2 of my points...so I'm real proud of myself! Don't worry...I'm getting protein, veggies and fruit each day. I'm even treating myself to a couple of Twizzlers!

Hope ya'll are fine...can't wait for you to come back!

chick_in_the_hat
10-04-2007, 10:24 PM
:woo: :woohoo: :woo:

:carrot:Go Jill. GO!!! :carrot:

Things have been kinda ugly over here food wise for me, too. I saw the 170's again...and it was :eek: My time to get serious weight is supposed to be 165...but it got away from me. :mad:

Went to Street Vibrations in Reno and saw a hella :cool: trike.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1426/1458644523_a8bba69918.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1170/1458644509_bd3b676011.jpg

It was raining and we didn't get there until Sunday afternoon so it was almost done - but it was fun. :D I'm not in the market for a trike - but it's fun to look.

flsunbakd
10-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey THANKS, Gina!!! :hug:

I AM feeling pretty darn happy about the strides I'm making. I cracked the 180 mark this morning.....which just makes me even more determined!

Yes...that IS one helluva trike!!! I've seen those Boss Hoss's in every make and model it seems! I don't think I'd want one tho....everyone would be looking at ya! LOL

Tomorrow is our Ride for the Cure and there's supposed to be a huge turn-out, but the weather forecast doesn't look that great. We're gonna tough it out and give it a try, tho.

Have a great weekend! Hope you get out there and ride!

I PM'd a few Chicks...maybe they will show up soon!

MomOfThreeTeens
10-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Jill!!!! Hey girlie!!! Thanks for the PM. I checked the other thread several times and there wouldnt be any new posts! I'll try to check in more often! Hope everybody has an amazing weekend!!!!

Kim

flsunbakd
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi Kim! Glad you're here! Hope you have an amazing weekend too!

Hey...anybody heard anything about those Xvest weighted vests for working out????? I WANT ONE!

OMG....am I FINALLY HOOKED on working out????? CAN IT BE???????

flsunbakd
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Well...here I am allllllll aloooooone again! Where ARE you guys???!!

Well....Those of you who know me, know I hate (or hated) exercise! BUT....I am NOW hooked! Yes....I have lost 10.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks!!!!! AND I have ordered a weight vest. Here's a picture of it. When you wear it, it tricks you body into thinking you're 12 to 20 pounds heavier than you really are, thus increasing your metabolism and weight loss! Those of you who remember Valerie Bertinelli might know that she blew up into a blimp...and this vest helped her lose the weight. Along with eating right, of course. Now I have one on the way!! I looked online and they retailed at about $139.99...but I got a brand-spankin' new one for $66.00 and free shipping off of ebay!!! And it's the one that has weights up to 20 lbs.

So...I am within a pound of my mini Cayman goal....and still 2 weeks til we go!

The Ride For The Cure was great...good weather and good fun. We won the poker hand and gave it back as a donation. It was a charity run, after all :)

chick_in_the_hat
10-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey Jill & Kim!

Jill- the exercise addiction sneaks up on you. So freaking :cool: Holy crap - 10.5 pounds in 2 weeks? That's amazing! :carrot: I haven't heard of the vest - but I can imagine it helps keep your heart rate up when you are working out. And that equals a higher calorie burn. Let us know how you like it?

Kim - good to see you back! :D

I finally bit the bullet and quit my beloved slow churn ice cream cold turkey. My calories are where they should be to actually lose now. The ice cream thing was outta control. So - it feels good to be in control again. Now hopefully I can see some results on the scale.

flsunbakd
10-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Gina, I know....I just can't believe the weight loss myself!!! It's just incredible. I have been working out for at least an hour each day, and eating between 10 and 13 points, instead of the allowed 25 for my weight. Good news is that I'm getting fruit, veggies, and protein...and even a few Twizzlers! Plus I've been drinking about 80 ounces of water a day.

Here's the link for the weight vest....you're supposed to wear it around the house for a few days, just doing your regular stuff before you start working out with it. http://www.x2vest.com/X2-Vest-FAQ.htm It's kinda interesting to read the FAQ's.

Hey Good For You quitting the ice cream cold turkey. OMG, I do so looove ice cream too! Bet you'll be back to your fighting weight soon! You GO, Girl!

I wonder where everyone is??? Did Suzanne put a link to this thread on our old thread before she locked it so others could easily find us?

VermontMom
10-11-2007, 04:22 PM
(peeking around corner) OK I'm here, and there's MORE of me here :o I bit the bullet and weighed myself this morning, and I'm up to 170 :(

but hi to you chicks!! Jill, sorry you've been talking to yourself for a bit :D and big big bigcongrats to you for your recent blasting!!!

again, I'm committed (as of today at least :^:) to try my darndest to get back on track.

I WILL stick around, it's always helped me to surround myself with the support I get here!

chick_in_the_hat
10-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Holly!! Welcome back!! You're not gonna TRY....you're gonna DO IT. :D

Jill - a point is like 50 calories? That sounds really low. Be careful, girl...you need to give your body fuel. Especially with all that working out. Starving yourself will mess up your metabolism and make it near impossible to keep what you have lost off. And if I'm wrong on what a point is - please ignore all I have just said. :ziplip: Just want you to be healthy!

There is a scooter rally this weekend - I gotta get out to the garage after work and figure out my oil leak. Eating has been OP all week! I haven't been this "on my game" since I originally lost the weight. Feels GOOD!

flsunbakd
10-11-2007, 07:35 PM
:carrot: HI HOLLY! YEA!!! You're back!!!!!! :carrot:

Don't worry, Kiddo....you CAN get back on track! If I can, ANYONE can! I know you'll get back with it before you get too far gone like almost did. I went from 168 in March to 186 in September. Not a good summer for the bod and my psyche, but a great summer for eatng anything and everything that wasn't nailed down.

Thanks, Gina, :hug: for thinking about me. Believe me, I'm really being careful to make sure I'm getting the right balance, and I am eating when I'm hungry. Just not the junky crap that I usually give in to! I'm satisified at the end of the day and not hungry...it's just when I count up the points I'm way under based on what I've eaten. Lotsa salad, fruit, beans, some meats, but in 3-4 ounce servings. I've also been hooked on TOMATOES lately....and a bowl of them with 2 tbl. of Kraft Lite Catalina (1 point!) is a real filler! Almost like dessert! I try to eat a bowl of them before I eat anything else, and that alone has helped keep my serving sizes (and my sweet tooth) in check.

Gotta go try out this Boca Burger...see if it's worth eating! HH is grilling it with lots of peppers, onions and a big slice of tomoato on top :D

VermontMom
10-12-2007, 07:48 AM
good morning!!

Jill, your trip to NY sounded FANTASTIC!! did you stop at Niagra Falls? We want to but haven't been able to spare the time when we're going by there on our Ohio trip(s)

And your recent dedication is incredible, and your results...WOW!! I'm inspired by YOU!!

Last night was the first time in MONTHS, really, that I had a reasonable dinner with NOTHING in the evening. That's a big first. Yay for me :D

Hi Gina!!! those were kewl pics. And thank you for your confidence in me.

Hi Kim! I'll have to reacquaint myself with you, I've been gone for so long.

gotta go; oatmeal for breakfast :smug:

flsunbakd
10-12-2007, 10:15 AM
OMG Holly. The NY trip was nothing short of AMAZING. 1306 miles of the best riding on the planet, if ya ask me! And yes...we did go to Niagara Falls...the Canadian side, and it was absolutely incredible and breath-taking!! EVERYONE should go there. I've been a lotta places and see a lotta things in this world and I was astounded by The Falls. I thought it would be too touristy and chintzy for me, but I soooo loved it. We did the Maid of the Mist, a boat that took us right up to the falls in rain ponchos. You really must take the time to go there. And if you do, do The Mist and make you get on the lower deck...those who ran ahead and pushed people out of the way to get on the top deck got DRENCHED! LOL Isn't it great when you have the opportunity to get to see Karma at Work?!

As for my weight results...yes, I'm dedicated for the moment, but I know me and I'm wondering when it will wear off!!!! I hope I can stick with it!! I know I'll probably plateau soon, but my vest should be here next week and that will give me new incentive. The incentive after that will be that HH will kick my butt if I don't USE IT! LOLOLOL

Fall is finally here today...the low this morning was 58 and the high will be 82. We're finally able to open our windows. :cheer: This will probably only last for a couple of days, then the high 80's and humidity will be back for a little while. In the meantime, we're going to ride, ride ride!!!!! It will be heaven.

Holly, good for you for being back here and getting back OP. Gina, you're always a beacon in the night...thank you for your support and encouragement!

Later, Chicks! :hug:

flsunbakd
10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi Chicks!

Here's a slide show of our NY trip....a little recap of the 1306 miles that we rode while there. What a wonderful 10 days!!!!

http://www.rockyou.com/show_my_gallery.php?source=ppsl&instanceid=87082112

VermontMom
10-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Oh Jill, thank you for the slideshow! that was a cool format, the way the pics flutter down. And what a trip you had! The pics of The Falls were wonderful.

I had an OP day today!! It was hard at work - this is what I HAVE been having without even any thought, all summer - a fatty breakfasst of egg and bacon; a muffin; a taste of the previous night's dessert; a cookie or two; lunch; then after getting home a hunk of cheese mid afternoon and crackers, then a big dinner. Then a bowl of cereal or TWO.

Today I had oatmeal with cut up apple; apple mid-morning; a half a small muffin with coffee (couldn't resist) soup, salad, a small spare rib and a little piece of swordfish for lunch; dinner was some turkey in gravy, a tiny scoop of rice, a salad; then a cup of coffee and a piece of whole wheat bread for 'dessert'. Better.

And I went to Curves and did the circuit; then once home I did "Aerobics for Dummies" :D which is about 30 minutes of aerobics.

I want to stay OP!!!

chick_in_the_hat
10-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Gorgeous slide show, Jill!! Why the H didn't I ask you about it? :o

Holly - WTG at staying OP!! :carrot: It's all about the mindfullness, huh? So easy to just not think about it and let things slide. For me, weighing almost every morning is helpful.

I'm rather amazed - but I actually had an OP week. The first in a long, long time. :yay: :faint: I'm back to 165 as of this morning...I'm thinking I'm finally ready to actually get to goal. I even thought of lowering the goal to 145...but I'm getting ahead of myself. :lol:

Well- have a great weekend riding - I'm off to the garage to fix the oil leak and hit the rally. :woohoo:

flsunbakd
10-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Way to Go OP Chicks!

I've had an interesting 2 days...we've been partying and I've been totally bad, but still OP when I count the points! YAY ME!

It's not a good thing to drink your points, but I did drink a few and only snacked on pretzels and some goldfish yesterday. Today I'm still OP even tho we rode and had lunch out before our monthly HOG meeting. What a great riding day! 83 and sunny with LOW humidity. Gotta love it.

Then I came home and did 50 minutes on my Gazellle, w/ arm weights for the old lady flab. Just a little advice to my Younger Chicks from the Older Chick: Get your arms in shape while you're young!!!!! It's by far the hardest thing to do, and it's miserable when you can't show your upper arms.

Happy Weekend to My Chicks In Control! :hug:

and ps....thanks for enjoying my slide show, I put it together just for you since I didn't think you'd want to see all of the (530) pics I actually took...most of them from the back of the bike!

VermontMom
10-13-2007, 07:55 PM
we appreciate it, Jill! (the photos AND the advice, tho' you n me aren't so far apart :D)

OH my it was SO hard to not have the dessert I put out for staff today - a big platter of chocolate cupcakes that were split and filled with real whipped cream; some vanilla ice cream and a dish of warm chocolate sauce to go with :faint: I had to taste the two quarts of cream I was whipping, to check for sweetness, but it was a teeny taste. :carrot:

Now I have to clear the fam out of the living room so I can do at least 30 minutes of some kind of exercise.

bye for now!

VermontMom
10-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Good morning chicks! yes, last night i got everyone out of the living room (including the dang dog :D) and did Gilad's Step and Tone which is a half hour of weighted Step, and then about 12 minutes of floor. Glad I did!

I then went a little off program and ate some maple-sugar encrusted almonds and walnuts, a little package of each. Oh well.

Just finished my oatmeal and have to get ready for work. Today is the last day of my beloved summer job, the secluded private fly-fishing club where I do their pastry. If the club was open year-round, I probably would not love it so much, because I associate it with the beginning of riding season and being able to commute to work through the Vermont scenery is just a wonderful perk. Next week I start the drudge job in the deli/convenience store :devil:

This afternoon, hubster and I have to get my bike to where her new Avon tires are waiting! It will be a cool ( I mean chilly) ride, it's overcast and not supposed to get over 47 degrees today! But I'll leave her for a day or two (the guy does wrenching on the side but has full facilites) and will hopefully have her back in time for work Wednesday, when it's supposed to be mid-50's and sunny :carrot:

BTW I don't know if I've spoken of them before, but the Avon tires are great. Pricier than OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturer; meaning what originally came on your bike, Conti's or Bridgestones or whatever) but the handling, cornering, traction in the rain and over scarified surfaces and steel grating is SUPERB. Really. Worth every penny! And I got almost 11,000 miles on my last set. Pretty decent for a specialty tire.

keep in control chicks, and do your exercise today! and drink that water! and tell me to do the same :D

VermontMom
10-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Oh no! now it's like 'let Holly see what it's like to talk to herself for a while' :rofl: just kidding chicks. I bet you're all busy toning up and slimming down :D

I've done pretty well eating and good exercising for the past couple days. Someone at work gave me a big Hershey special dark chocolate bar with dried fruits and nuts, and I took a couple squares, enjoyed them and then THREW THE REST OUT!!! I was so proud, even though later that night I wanted it, and was so glad I HAD thrown it out ;)

Haven't got my bike back yet, I took her over on Sunday afternoon for the tires to be changed, and then the wrench discovered that I needed rear brake pads. Yesterday I took my husband's bike and rode with a girlfriend (she has a Yammi VStar 1100) to the dealers to get the pads, then dropped the pads off at the mechanics. A nice 100 mile ride with a g/f, it was a little chilly but still good. But I feel like a total newbie clutz on my husband's bike, Im just not used to anything but my own baby.

well getting ready to pick an exercise vid to do...have a great day chicks!

flsunbakd
10-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi Holly! I'm here....but I still can't figure out where everyone else is!

Anyway, glad you had a good ride with g/f....sounds like you did just fine on DH's bike, but hope you get yours back soon and in time for a few more rides before the weather's not so good.

Weather's great here, FINALLY! Still warm temps, but lower humidity, so really nice. This weekend is Daytona Beach BiketoberFest, so our riding friends from S. Florida will be here. I think 4 couples are riding up from Port St. Lucie to stay for the weekend, so will be fun! Good weather predicted too! It's about a 60 mile ride along country roads to get to Daytona from here.

Been OP and exercising...sounds like you've good too! That handsome man in the UPS uniform brought my new weight vest yesterday :) I added only 4 pounds to it and it feels heavy with just that amount. A total of 20 - 1 lb. weight sticks came with it. It also feels GOOD because you're able to evenly distribute the weight. I've been wearing it around all morning, and am getting ready to hop on my Gazelle with it.

Stay tuned!!

VermontMom
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Hi Jill!! Yay to your vest arriving! "The handsome UPS man.." heehee! reminds me of that UPS man in the movie "Legally Blonde" :D

I went to the website of the vest, and it does sound like a good thing to have! Weight that is on your core, and center of gravity, rather than holding weights which isn't as natural a weight distribution.

Oh, I did OK with hubby's bike (Kaw 1500 Classic) at cruising speeds, but low speed turns I just SUCKED at!! At once point I totally swerved into Nikki's lane, and then yelled out "aaaaaahhhhhh!!! watch out for me, I'm a menance!!" She was cracking up, but I'm glad she gave me a wide berth after that :devil:

I heard from the wrench today, he might be able to finish my bike between jobs today - if not, tomorrow at the very latest. He understands I NEED her back :p

I'm glad you have better riding weather now. It's just so foreign to us, that one has to wait for cooler weather to ride :D

Have a good afternoon, and I might check in again later - it helps my resolve :carrot:

MomOfThreeTeens
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Hello everybody!!! Sorry I've been MIA, my son is getting married Saturday and its been crazy around our house! We havent been on the bike since the HOG rally and its killing me, maybe after the weddings over we can find time to ride. Foodwise there have been ups and downs. I started maintenance and it was like I had to add all the food I've done without for the whole year back at one time! LOL I think I've got it under control, for now at least! I had bacon the other night for the first time in a year and OMG it was good!! I decided this weekend is a time for celebration and I'm gonna eat whatever I want and deal with it on Monday :-)

Have a great week all you hawt biker chicks!!!!

flsunbakd
10-16-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Kim! Happy Wedding to ya! Yes...I agree, party this weekend and begin the recovery on Monday. You deserve it, being the MOG (Mother of the Groom!) We'll be here for support!

Hi Holly! I'm OP today....did my workout with 5 lbs. on the vest...and it feels WONDERFUL!!!! I'm so happy I got it! Weight is VERY distributed, and I feel really good. Even my back and sciatica. Pain is Gone.

Tonight we're going to graze at the Ruby Tuesday salad bar....I'm taking my own Kraft Lite Catalina tho :devil: I AM IN CONTROL, CHICKS!!!

I hope you get your bike back by tomorrow, and that she's fixed and at the ready!

VermontMom
10-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi Kim, congrats on your son's upcoming wedding! Enjoy yourself, then you can get back on track on Monday :)

Hi Jill, you in-control-chick you!!!! You rock:carrot:

I brought my bike home last night, Yay! and noticed something right away...I guess my tires weren't balanced properly last time (last fall I had new tires) becasue all summer, I've had this shaking of the bars on decelleration; and I thought it was something just inherent with my bike...but NO! there is NO shaking of my bars now, I'll have to let this new mechanic know that I appreciate his workmanship and it shows in the handling of my bike.

Today is the first day I start my winter job. 11:00 am to 6:00 pm at the deli/convenience store. For the first few hours of my shift I work in the deli; then I take over as the cashier. Eh, it's a job :D Its nice to have the regular customers to chat to, but the rude out-of-staters are the cross to bear :devil:

About to eat a little something then pick an exercise tape. I'm gonna have to see how I can fit a Curves workout in the morning, before work...I CAN, I just need to get up early!!!

have a great day and think of our goals!!

flsunbakd
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Hey Holly, Great news about your new SMOOOOOTH Ride! Does it look like you'll get out there to ride this weekend? Hope so! We are going to....this is the weekend of Daytona's BiketoberFest and we have our friends riding up from PSL on Friday. Should be lotsa riding and fun!

YOU ARE IN CONTROL, too, Girl! Look at you being OP and getting those work-outs done! Nice that you don't have to be at work til 11...that sure makes getting them in a lot easier. I know what ya mean about those rude outta staters...what is it that makes people like that???? I just hate it.

Well...we went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner last nite...I had the salad bar and a dry baked potato. AND, I took my own lite Catalina dressing and FF sour cream. Yep, smuggled it right in tucked safely in a little purse. I can't believe I remembered to bring it home since I NEVER carry a purse! :lol:

Got my vest on this morning....gonna hop on my Gazelle. I'm down to 175 today. YAY ME! :cheer: I lost so much weight so fast the first two weeks that I'm not surprised or discouraged about the loss slowing down now. I just have to work harder!

Later!

VermontMom
10-19-2007, 07:55 AM
good morning!!

yes, YAY to Jill!!! :D:carrot: I've had some treat slip ups :mad: but have still been working out regularly. Small yay to me :D

It is MILD here!! like 66 degrees early in morning!! so unusual for here this time of year. And we had a hard frost just a couple mornings ago. But I'll take the mild weather!! means I don't have to triplelayer nor wear the fleece neckwarmer when I ride to work :scooter:

have to work out before I get ready for work, so bye for now :hug:

flsunbakd
10-19-2007, 10:42 AM
:carrot: YAY HOLLY! Keep up the work-out, Girl! :carrot:

Good news about your weather and riding.....we're getting ready to start our riding weekend. It's gonna be a REAL CHALLENGE to stay OP and find time to Gazelle with all of our partying friends around! I lost another pound...hope I don't find it this weekend. ;)

So....I'm off to Gazelle right now....before we ride to meet those riding up from S. Florida.

Have a great weekend!!!!! :hug:

wifey bullseye
10-19-2007, 11:00 AM
(I'm not a biker chick, but since it's Biketoberfest here in Daytona Beach, I thought I 'd say 'hi'!)

flsunbakd
10-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi Wifey! Living in Daytona qualifies you for our group if you want to stay here and post with us :D:D We're neighbors! I live in Eustis...about 45 miles from you.

We did ride to Daytona BikeFest yesterday....looked like rain in the morning, but it turned out to be a fabulous day. We spent a buncha time at the Harley exhibit and other vendors by the Speedway...then finished the day at Destination Daytona. What a great time we had!

I kinda stayed OP....I was pretty good (considering!) Tomorrow I start being VERY OP....and back to my Gazelle Workout while wearing my weight vest.

This coming Saturday we leave for Cayman....just HH and Me this time.....so we'll be OP while there, except for those poolside cocktails :devil::dizzy:

Hope ya'll had a fun weekend too :hug:

VermontMom
10-22-2007, 09:00 AM
good morning!!I didn't post for a couple days cause I always get ashamed of myself when I don't stay OP with eating...been working out each day, at least I've got that (rolling eyes) :D

Hi wifey in Daytona!!

Jill you have got SUCH control and reserve...having a dry baked potato when eating out! and carrying your dressing...you are so in-control!! :carrot: and congrats on another pound dropped and gone forever!

We've had incredible warm weather for this time of year...like the low 70's during the day!! Normally it would be a very cool low 60's or even 50's. I have been appreciating every minute on the bike and trying to imprint memories that will keep me through the winter.

One of our friends on a biker forum told us that his mom was diagnosed with cancer...she's resigned to the thought of losing her hair and was going to go with wigs, but her son (the biker) convinced her to go with scarves an d bandannas, and he asked us badbutt bikers :D to come through for her and sent him a bandanna, so he could send them to her. What a nice idea for a son to do for his mom! I"ve had fun searching for bandannas; I found some leopard-print ones in wild colors; and a traditional blue one but it has sparkles.

Gotta choose an exercise tape, then do it ;) have a great day!!

wifey bullseye
10-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm glad you had a good time while you were here. It seemed pretty quiet to us that live here, but the sheriff's dept said it was the biggest Biketoberfest ever! Haha!

Nice to meet all you biker chicks.

Oh, and I had a friend that had breast cancer (at the age of 56) and all she wore until she got her peach-fuzz were really cool bandannas. I'm all for it!

chick_in_the_hat
10-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Hey chickies -
Had a bit of family drama myself this last week. My sister had 3 brain aneurisms and needed surgery to clamp them off. She's been in ICU in Los Angeles since the 16th. I made it down there last weekend and was able to spend some time with her. I'll prolly head back down next week again. When I got back up here I took care of my mom for a few days to give my dad a chance to go down. Bedpan duty...not fun. :( Mom's a trooper tho - she put up with me. :) Yesterday was a little bit more back to normal - I made it to the gym. Today I rode my bike to work...it feels good to burn off some aggression.
The good news is that with all the stress and traveling I managed to lose a pound. :cb: It totally paid off to fill the ice chest with string cheese and yogurt and sandwich fixins.

:welcome: wifey!
Holly - so sorry about your friends mom. Too cute about the bandanas. :D
Jill - Have fun in the Caymans!!
Momof3 - hope the wedding went smoothly!! :congrat: to DS.

flsunbakd
10-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi Holly, Hi Wifey....and OMG Gina....I definitely have you and your family in my prayers. Good God, Kiddo....you really have your plate full right now. My best thoughts are with you.

Off to Cayman on Saturday....weight loss has slowed but I'm still losing. Gonna try to keep it up on our trip....but not expecting any loss, just hoping to maintain til I get back and start kickin' a$$ again.

We are taking our laptop and will have wireless internet while there....so I'll be checking in from time to time. Have to keep tabs on My Chickies! :hug:

VermontMom
10-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Gina - so sorry to hear of your sister :hug: You know you have our thoughts and prayers to your family!!

Jill - Bon Voyage!! have a great time :D:carrot:

Hi wifey and Mom of 3!

I've been doing awful with eating...like I'm more focused on what I can't have and that makes me want it more :?: and been giving in to it :mad: At least I can't beat myself up over not exercising cause I've been doing a tape a day.

have a good one!

oh yeah -I've been able to ride to work still, yay! but yesterday the air temp was still in the mid 40's even though the sun was out...I got to work, and it took a while to warm up...a little old lady co-worker asked, why didn't you take your car? and I said, jumping up and down to warm my toes, 'cause it's so beautiful on the bike' :lol:

flsunbakd
10-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi Holly!

Know what you mean about focusing on what we CAN'T eat....but I'm here to tell ya that journaling my food intake fixes that problem for me. It's like a game to see what I CAN eat that will keep me OP. When I don't journal, my brain thinks of all kinds of ways to "cheat" on myself!!

Good for you staying on your exercise plan. I've been busy lately so haven't been on my Gazelle as often as I should, but I'm on there today.

And as for that woman questioning why you didn't drive your car to work...people who don't ride just don't GET IT. Altho, when I told people about experiencing the incredible SMELLS of upstate NY...the spruce, the grapes, the apples, etc....some people were like "Oh Yeah....you wouldn't have had that experience in a car w/ the windows up!" DUH!

Off to Cayman tomorrow....am worried about the weather tho....looks cloudy down there!!!! YIKES!

VermontMom
10-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Jill, I sure hope that those pesky clouds clear up!!

about scents on a bike..it IS a big part of it, isn't it!! and there is someone the next town over that eats steak WAY too often, 'cause I smell it cooking as I cruise through and it smells WAY too good!! :devil:

Well I was lucky to have a few hours on the bike this afternoon, I have a bunch of thank-you notes to complete for our FD Auxiliary, and it's much more fun to deliver them by hand, via the bike, than to mail them.

Jane
10-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Just a pop-in to make sure you saw the Bios sticky at the top of the page. There is an area reserved just for your group, if any of you would want to list your bios. :)

VermontMom
10-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Cool, Jane, thank you! I just posted my Bio.

VermontMom
10-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Good morning chicks!! Well I guess today is when Jill leaves for the Caymen Islands - bon voyage and happy trails and beautiful weather wishes to you!!

My husband and I are about to go to our Town Hall and help set it up for the Halloween party next week. I got up late, so I'll have to work out once we get back.

Does anyone like to have commercial soup for lunch? it's got tons of sodium, but it fills me up well. I know, I should make my own, but opening a can is sooo convenient :D

have a great day!!

flsunbakd
10-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Yep! About outta here! I will check in tho...from The Islands, Mon!

Hey Holly....Progresso has a new LITE Soup....supposed to be lower sodium and NO POINTS! Let us know if you try it while I"m gone!

Have fun planning your party!

Later, Chickies!

chick_in_the_hat
10-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Jill - you talking bout 0 point soup? I tried a couple of them - they are pretty good for the calorie count. I think I tried vegetable soup and something like southwest style. 120 calories for the whole can.

Lately I've been into boxed soups - I like Imagine brand and Trader Joes brands. The best ones for me are butternut squash/apple and the mushroom ones. Very creamy but under 100 calories for a cup. I add protein powder sometimes...
Today is housecleaning day again... :P I'll hit the gym later. Maybe I'll even manage to get a ride in. The weather is gorgeous! 74 degrees today. :cb:

VermontMom
10-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Hi Gina! How is your sister?

Those soups do sound good!

Well....we had it today...snow flurries! bleh! It is totally expected by this time, in fact some years we have snow on the ground by Halloween (now THAT'S scary). I MIGHT have had my last ride by now, so I am very glad I took every advantage of every time I had to ride :D

I rode 13,400 miles this year :carrot: woooohooooooooo:D

I worked out for almost an hour this morning, before work. That is a big accomplishment for me, and one I hope to keep up!

Rebel, we miss ya girl! :(

VermontMom
10-29-2007, 07:30 AM
Good morning! I found out that yesterday my husband went for a ride and got caught in a snow flurry squall. Enough that it was blowing on the road - yikes! He was cold :D

Another Monday. I'm finishing up my coffee and mini-bagel that has a schmear of peanut butter and jam, yum; surfing the web and then it's exercise time.

What kind of workout footgear (why don't I just say SNEAKERS) do you all have? Last time I needed a new pair, I went to Olympia and asked for a cross-trainer; got a pair of New Balance. But the heel is cut too low; when I do some long leg stetches or exercises, my heel slips right out, and it's frustrating.

I have to find a new strategy for my lunch while I'm at work. I leave the house at 10:30, get to work at 11:00, and yesterday did not have time to have a sandwich until 3:20. I was SO hungry by then!! and getting irritated...which is the PRIMO time for me to snag a cookie :mad:

So I think today I shall just have to eat my lunch super early, like 10:15. Or maybe half a sandwich at 10:15. It is just too hard to make someone not eat a bad treat when you're so hungry but surrounded by sugary fatty crap.

okay, have a great day chicks!!

flsunbakd
10-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Hi Chickies!

Just a little note from Paradise! Weather's fabulous and the sun is sooooo wonderful here. We're getting bronzy brown!

Am being KINDA good...but will get back to hittin' it hard when I get home. The nice thing is that there's a small local grocery within walking distance and HH is cooking me OP food...with a Caribbean flair! Gosh...I love having my own personal chef. LOL He's cute too....even at sixty!!!

rebelridergirl
10-31-2007, 12:08 AM
Hey chickies! Long time no see! I've missed you all soooo much!!

I have to admit that my absence has been due to a combination of things. For one thing I have been extremely busy with remodeling and modernizing the house. It has really needed it. I've repainted, rearranged furniture, donated or thrown away junk, and ripped out carpet. So, I've been exhausted!!! Another thing is that I have not kept track of my points or been to a WW meeting in weeks. I'm not sure why. I really haven't gained either. In fact I'm down a couple of pounds. Nothing astounding or anything, but a little loss. I like WW alright. It's easy to follow, I'm just not enjoying the meetings as much as I was. I guess I just need to force myself to go this week. I'm not sure what the answer is on that one.

Are any of you watching The Biggest Loser this season? I missed last week where that guy gained 17 pounds. Have any of you checked out the eating or exercise plan for The Biggest Loser? I figured it would be really difficult to stick to, but I haven't looked at it.

Wow! Snow for you already, Holly?!?! Makes me shiver to think of it! Workout shoes...(don't use them much:() I have some pink New Balance. They're pretty comfy. I've had Asics before and loved them.

Jill-Enjoy your tasty Caribbean cusine from your cute chef! Sounds yummy!!

Hi Gina and everyone else!!:hug:

VermontMom
10-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Good morning and Happy Halloween!!

It's going to be WARM and breezy and sunny today!! high of 58 to 65. That's just about unheard of for this time of year! Usually parents have to design the costumes to accomodate snowsuits. Not this year!

I am not going to 'dress up' for work though. Do you remember last year when I told you that I kept my biker gear on, and one of my co-workers made this horrible noise like 'ugh' at me...she's still working there, and I shouldn't tailor my actions to suit her, but no one else costumes up, so I'll decline.

Right after work I go to the Town's party, where we're helping out. I have to monitor the Ghost Races station :D

have a great day, keep away from that diet-busting candy! :devil:

flsunbakd
10-31-2007, 09:22 AM
HEY REB!!! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!!

So glad you're back here with us!! Looks like your busy summer was good to you since you didn't gain. I'd bet that you're probably "subconsciously counting points" since it kinda gets in your head. I hope you'll stay with WW since you've done so well with it in the past. Maybe you're just "over" going to the meetings. If you don't wanna go....I'll do a weekly weigh-in right here with you...then we'll both save money! :D I'll be doing my first official weigh-in this coming Sunday after I get back home. See how much I gained while here, and get back OP

Sounds like you've had a rewarding summer....isn't it wonderful to see the results of a remodeling??? Gosh...that's one thing I really love to do. I love buying new stuff for the house.

Well....it's another fabulously sunny day here in Paradise...so we're about to have a little b'fast and head out to the beach. I can see that beautiful water and white sand from here.

Glad you're back with us, Reb!!! :hug:

Gina....we need an update on your sister. Please.

Holly...you rode some miles this summer, Chickie!!!! Congrats!!! Good for you!!! :carrot::carrot: And glad your Halloween weather is so magnificent! About workout shoes....you'll laugh, but when I'm on my Gazelle...I wear MY CROCS!!!!! No kidding!!! :carrot:

rebelridergirl
10-31-2007, 11:35 PM
:haphal::ghost::spid::bat::badbat:HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!:witch2::dracula::sklol::witch:

I love Halloween. I hate to take my decorations down...

Sadly, I've had too much candy, too!:o

Jill- I would love to be your WW buddy. I like the idea of having a weekly weigh in here. I thought about joining online, but I'm not sure. The only thing that would be nice about that would be using the tracker and recipe builder. My meetings are ok, but it's the same stuff all the time. Same recipes, no new tips or tricks. I like the accountability part, though. So, maybe that would be helpful to have a weekly weigh in with you!

I have to admit to adoring my Crocs, too. Those darn plastic shoes are sooo comfy!

Holly- How was the Ghost Race station? That's kind of a bummer that no one you work with dresses up for Halloween. That's what I like about working at the school. I even wear my costume when I pass out candy at home. My dog does, too! I know...I'm a weirdo!

Have a great one ladies!

flsunbakd
11-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Hey Reb!

I have a great journaling and tracking system I use....online!! I'll send you the links if you'll PM me your email address. I don't want to put them on here because WW tends to "shut down" anything they find that people can use to do the program without joining. I thought about joining their online program too, but I think it's really expensive for what ya get. I've found ways to do it without sending them $$$. And if we weigh in here and do the online journaling well, we're THERE, Girl!!!

Sounds like you had a great Halloween....I'm sure Holly did too!

We had a quiet one here on the island...helped the staff decorate the bar at the end of the pier for the party they had. Fun Stuff!

rebelridergirl
11-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Jill- Your Halloween sounds like it was fun! So, since I've been away, what are your big Thanksgiving plans? Are you going on a cruise or anything? I think this years Thanksgiving will be quite a bit different, but good. Normally, it's just me and hubby, mom and dad, sometimes my brother, and my grandma that passed away this summer at my parents house. This year we'll still have it at my parents, but my grandparents will be coming because the extended family is more spread out this year and my uncle that comes home every year won't be able to make it since he's dealing with colon cancer. He should be going through the last treatment around that time and he has a good prognosis. Anyhow, it will be a different Thanksgiving, but surrounded by loved ones!

My husband is having a colonoscopy tomorrow and is a little nervous about it. It will be good to have it over and done with.

Back to the Crocs talk... who has 'em (I know Jill does!!) and what colors do you have????

I have... 2 pairs of the flip flops, a baby pink and turquiose blue, and 1 pair of the regular Crocs in a cotton candy pink.

What's everyone's plans for the weekend? I'm not sure for me yet. I need to do some winter clothes shopping...

Have a great Friday, chickies!

flsunbakd
11-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi Chickies! :hug:

I'm home from a wonderful week in Paradise! :^: Grand Cayman was fabulous, as usual. It was REALLY NICE to go alone with HH. We can't remember the last time we went away by ourselves and it was a really great week just being beach and pool bums together. We do that SO WELL! We each read 4 books...so that will let you know how much sun time we put in. Can't wait to go back in April for my birthday. The really great news is that we came home to incredible weather. It's gonna be 75 and low humidity, with nights of 55 or so for the next 10 days. YAY!!!!! Time to get out there and RIDE!!

Back to reality....am going to weigh myself and get back OP tomorrow. I think I probably gained 2 lbs....but that's OK. Hey Reb....did you weigh in today??? To answer your Thanksgiving question....we're just hangin' out here I think. Nothing special's going on. (so far!) Christmas we're thinking about a ride to the Keys with a couple of friends from our HOG group. Will keep ya posted on that.

How'd hubby do with his colonostomy??

About my favorite shoes....my Crocs....I just have a black pair of the clunky ones, but I have lotsa Croc Charms all over them :)

What'd everyone do this weekend???

rebelridergirl
11-05-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey Chickies!

I'm back on track today too, Jill! I weighed in Friday morning actually and shockingly enough, I'm about where I was the last time I went to WW. Not entirely sure how that happened considering the way I've eaten...

Hubby's colonoscopy was good. No polyps! He wont have to go through it again until another 5 years.

This weekend wasn't too exciting. We did some shopping after his colonoscopy on Friday and I bought some cute clothes. My mom gave me a workout video that is supposed to be a daily 7 minute workout. I think it's called Shapely Secrets or something. I'll let you know how it goes. We had my husband's family over yesterday for a cookout. It was fun.

Glad you had a great time in Paradise, Jill!! What books did you read?

Have a great Monday everyone.

flsunbakd
11-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi Chickies!

Yep...I had to move my weight tracker up a little after a week in Paradise, but it was expected since all I did was lay in the sun enjoying Island drinks and snacks for a solid week!!!!

OP as of yesterday....did good. Haven't tackled my Gazelle yet, but that too shall come. One thing that has helped me tremendously is hearing all about how short bursts of exercise are just as beneficial as putting in a loooooong, exhausting hour all at one time. I've been hopping on my Gazelle for 15 minute bursts a few times a day, and have found that I do MORE that way. It also helps me get in Exercise Mode by not killing myself with it. I get discouraged when I try to do that. So....Short Bursts for Me! Sounds like you can do short bursts with that new video your Mom gave you, Reb....then do a few short bursts of something else til you put in your day's time.

Reb, GOOD FOR YOU being the same weight. :carrot: That must be some motivation for you!!! I know it would be for me. I'm looking foward to my Saturday weigh-in with my WWBFF: YOU! Anyone else care to join us for Saturday weigh-in's???

Reb, so glad hubby's results were good. It's always such a relief to have good news at the dr's.

Books I read while on the beach? Well...I read 3 James Patterson books...1st to Die and 2nd Chance are the books that new TV series are modeled after: The Women's Murder Club on Friday nites. Those are GREAT books! I also read James Patterson's Big Bad Wolf...and another romantic suspense novel called Night Whispers by Judith McNaught. ALL were great reads :D

More later, Chickies...have a great day!

chick_in_the_hat
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey chickies -

I'm at work so I don't have much time. The update on my sis is that she is out of ICU, in a rehab hospital getting 3 hours of therapy a day to try to bring back function of her left side. It's gonna be a long haul, I think...the hope is to get her home for Thanksgiving. I'll catch up and post again later.

flsunbakd
11-06-2007, 07:14 PM
Ohhh Gina.....thanks for the update. I have you and your sis in my prayers with hope that all will go well for her and your family.

Thanks so much for taking a minute to let us know the latest. :hug:

rebelridergirl
11-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Gina,:hug: you are in my thoughts and I hope that all goes well for your sister.

I really think that this evening I could chew my arm off. I have been soooo snacky! I think the only reason is because I'm back on track and taking the time to count points again. It will get better. It always takes a few days.

Jill- During Christmas break I'll have to check out some of those books you mentioned. I've had a terrible time staying focused to read a book in a while. I guess because when I am off work I can think of a million things to do around the house. Plus I watch WAY too much tv. I need to have a no tv day. I don't think hubby will go for it!:rolleyes::nono:

Great idea on breaking your exercise down to 15 minute increments! That really would make it seem more feasible to workout. My MIL gave me her stationary bike. I really like it when I actually use it. Doesn't hurt my points.

I think that it would be great if anyone wants to join our weekly weigh in!!! It would really help us all stay focused!

Have a great one chicks!:hug:

VermontMom
11-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Hi chicks! welcome back Jill, Hi Rebel, and Gina, :hug: to you and your sister and family.

I've stayed away because again I've just had no adherence to eating sensibly, and that just makes me so disgusted with myself.

I had one of those light-bulb-over-the-head thoughts the other night...if the anti-depressant that I take does such a good job of lessening the strong emotional stuff, could it also be lessening my will to make the right decisions?

I'm not trying to make excuses, just really trying to find an answer to why I can't do what I know needs to be done.

I've been exercising 5 X a week, I'm glad for that.

chick_in_the_hat
11-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Holly...when you figure it out we all wanna know. :P But it is actually a good question to see if the meds have such an effect? At least if you knew what was going on you could maybe counteract it somehow?

Andrea - I hope you still have 2 arms - it's hard to ride with one. :devil: It's good to see you back. :hug:

Jill - short spurts is a great idea! Whatever gets the job done. :carrot:

As for me...my sister is pretty much the same, but she's plugging away at her therapy to bring back left side funtion. She'll get there, it's just frustrating. :mad: I've had a couple really good workout days in a row...funny how it's after a really bad binge...:dizzy: I never should have started on the cookies at work. Today was much better. :cb:

I haven't been riding too much, the time change means it's dark on the way home and it's been kinda rainy. I'll get back on the scoot soon.

wannabsexy
11-14-2007, 06:22 PM
I am so far behind but I'm bacckkkk and I have missed all of you. The kids stuff is finally settling down for the winter so that will make things easier for me now.

Holly, yes anti depressants can have an effect on your weight. I don't know what you are on but I was on effexor for a while a couple of years back. I gained 36 lbs in a year on it. I'm on welbutrin XL now and I haven't gained on it and have still managed to lose my weight.

I haven't really dropped anything in a while but I haven't gained either so that is a good thing. At least I am maintaing. I got to go shopping for my birthday too and everything we bought was either a 12 or a 10. Gotta love that.

Chick I hope your sister comes home soon. Sorry for all the ones I've missed but I do think of you ladies often.

Kayla

VermontMom
11-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Kayla, it is good to hear from you!! :hug:

I am on Lexapro, 20 mg. Started two years ago, and whoa, have been gaining steadily for two years :(

Right now I just can NOT keep myself on plan. I eat cookies, muffins, whatever at work, and at home eat too much of a reasonable dinner.

I feel so uncomfortable. I am so self-conscious of myself, and am full of negative self-image. I'm a mess :rolleyes:

flsunbakd
11-15-2007, 09:48 AM
YAY KAYLA! You're back! We missed you!!!!!

I too have been baaad.....Had a really bad BUT FUN weekend. Too much eating out and waaay too many cocktails, but have been OP this week. Just can't get back in the exercise mode I was in before our vacation. I think I'm subconsciously (now consciously) thinking that Thankgiving is coming and that's a lost cause, so I might as well give up now. WHY do I DO that????? I am still trying to do a couple of 15 minute bursts in a day, but can't seem to get back to the hour-plus I was doing before.

As far as riding goes, we've been riding a lot. The weather is perfect for it now. Highs of 75-80 and lows of 55-60 at night. We ARE bracing for a COLD FRONT this Saturday tho....high of 66 with 41 in the morning. :D:D Get out the firewood!!! :D:D Last Sat. we rode in a Veterans Days Tribute with a police-escorted ride that was about 30 miles. There were almost 500 bikes and we didn't have to stop for one light. People were lined up on all the roads waving their a$$es off. It was really great.

What's eveyone doing for Thanksgiving? Our families are far away, so we're riding our bike down to Port St. Lucie to spend the weekend with our good friends. It's a ride of about 175 miles when we go the back roads. Looking forward to it! They ride too, so it will be a riding holiday weekend.

Just remember Chickies ---- We're all here for each other and for me that's better than any weigh-in I can do anyplace else. I love the support we all have for each other. I just hope the rest of our Biker Chicks find their way back here. Love You Guys!

Oh and I had a PM from Reb....she's under the weather right now and struggling to stay OP. She said she'll be back soon.

wannabsexy
11-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey!!, thanks for the welcome back.

Lexapro is one that I was on. My reccomendation is to get off of it. Make them change your medication now. The Lexapro had no effect in changing or helping with my depression it just let me function and that was about it. It also interacted with another medication that I was on that caused my teeth to start breaking and falling out. As soon as I quit taking it that changed. But unfortunately there was too much damage already done. I have wound up with upper dentures and this next year will wind up with a partial lower denture because of the damage done.

Looks like we have all been struggling to stay on track. I think we have all stayed away from each other's help too long. OK, good swift booty kicks to all of us now get back on track.

We are driving down to Sherman, TX for the Thanksgiving holidays. But just a quick overnight trip. We will leave on Wednesday and be back on Thursday evening. I"ve got a friend of mine who is going to join us on here. By the way she lives in Florida and I think she is looking for some new riding friends. Anyway I am going to send her the link.

Kayla

CodyNKR
11-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Kayla sent me the link. She's been putting up with me since September, bless her heart. She gave me lots of tips to try and then sent me to this website. I've been reading lots of posts trying to figure out what to do and how to do it.

It started with my stove/oven broke so I thought now as a good time to just buy frozen dinners where the calories are already counted. I've done really well with that. But haven't lost a danged thing!

I have my own bike and rode with Kayla and her man at the FJ rally in September. I also ride and show horses.

What else?

NancyK

flsunbakd
11-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey NancyK! Welcome to our Chickie Group! We hope you'll stay a while!

I see you're my neighbor...We live near Eustis....and ride to your neck of the woods often. We like a place called Trader Jack's Roadside over there near you.

:hug: Happy Thanksgiving to ALL of you, Biker Chickies! :hug:

We're headed to Port Saint Lucie on our bike bright and early in the morning...a ride of about 175 miles along the Florida back roads. We're gonna head back on Sunday or on Monday morning. Hope ya'll have a wonderful Turkey Day with Family and Good Friends.

chick_in_the_hat
11-23-2007, 01:52 PM
Hey chickies!!

Hope everyone had a nice Turkey Day...it's nice to have a long weekend to play with. Nothing big planned - except avoiding the mall...:devil: I killed my bicycle yesterday - have to go get it fixed today. I find it much easier to ride with 2 pedals firmly attached. :s:

No leftovers here - went out to eat yesterday with my parents and DH...:carrot: No dishes either! :D Got some housecleaning on the to do list tho. And some more bike riding (maybe some scootering, too) if I get my pedal fixed.

What's everyone else up to?

wannabsexy
11-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Hey Nancy, glad to see you found your way. Love this group of women they are terrific on the support.

Had a great Thanksgiving here and didn't even have to cook it. Went to the inlaws in Sherman. Did good on my eating too. Was very careful.

Got the majority of my Christmas shopping done on Friday too. Gotta love that.

Talk to ya' soon.

Kayla

lattelady
12-01-2007, 10:45 PM
Old broad here. Used to ride a Goldwing, but a bad hip sidelined me to a maxi-scooter so I can step through vs swing that leg over. :cry: I would give my eyeteeth to be back on the Wing. But a big scoot is better than a kick in the head.
Yes, I have in the past forty years, crashed and burned a few times. Hey, I am nothing if not honest. ;)
Was glad to see a biker babe forum. Yes!

flsunbakd
12-02-2007, 11:08 AM
:cheer: YAY! We have 2 new Biker Chickies! Nancy and LatteLady! :cheer:

:welcome3: Glad to see you and hope you'll stay with us!

Well, Chickies...it's RIDING SEASON here in Florida....right Nancy?!!

We rode our HOG down to Port St. Lucie for Thankgiving....also rode the whole time we were there. Did about 800 miles total. We're headed back there on our bike for New Years. Will probably stay 4 days or so like we usually do when we visit our friends there.

Yesterday, we rode over to Daytona Harley for their annual Salvation Army Toy Run. :present: Nice Day!

This coming weekend is a big weekend for our HOG Club....our annual Dealership Fashion Show on Friday evening....which is a hoot. All the employees dress in the latest Harley Fashion and then there's a lot of craziness on the "hi-fashion" runway. It's sooo worth going to. Then Saturday is our monthly meeting and ride, plus it's election of our new officers with all the drama that accompanies that kinda thing :dizzy:. HOG Christmas Party is that evening....so it's EVERYTHING HOG coming up.

Needless to say, I haven't weighed in lately. :p I'm tooooooo chicken. I have been good and OP when I'm at home tho, so maybe I haven't gained much. My jeans still fit!!! Still can't back on my Gazelle like I was, but hopefully I'll get in "the zone" tomorrow. I WILL try again.

Happy Holidays, Chickies! :xcheer:

Old broad here. Used to ride a Goldwing, but a bad hip sidelined me to a maxi-scooter so I can step through vs swing that leg over. :cry: I would give my eyeteeth to be back on the Wing. But a big scoot is better than a kick in the head.
Yes, I have in the past forty years, crashed and burned a few times. Hey, I am nothing if not honest. ;)
Was glad to see a biker babe forum. Yes!

rebelridergirl
12-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Hey everyone!:snowfight...lol...

Ugghhh...seems that getting back on track is hard for most of us right now. I guess the positive thing is that we are all wanting to get back on track! No one is giving up!!:yay:

How are you all coming on your Christmas shopping??? I feel so far behind...

Have a great day chickies!:wreath:

flsunbakd
12-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi Biker Chickies! :clause:

Christmas is in full swing and I hope you're all having fun, but also putting aside some time for YOU! Like for working out! Since we're older and our family is far away, there's not as much for me to do anymore, but I sure do remember the days when the Holidays were NUTZ! :dizzy: I have done my GrandKid shopping and have my presents wrapped and my boxes ready for the mailman, tho...:gift2:

I have been afraid to weigh myself, but I finally did this morning and I was down 2 pounds. WOW! YAY ME! :broc:
So that means I'm back to my before-going-to-Grand-Cayman weight. That makes me sooooo HAPPY! :D:D

Now if can lose a couple more before New Year's....I'll be really, REALLY happy! We're going to ride our bike down to Port St. Lucie again and I want to be able to CELEBRATE without tooooo much guilt. :xcheer:

I'm still not on my Gazelle, but am going to do 15 minutes when I get finished writing this to try to get back in the swing.

Merry Christmas, Chickie Babes! Miss You All! :hohoho:

chick_in_the_hat
12-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Howdy chickies!!
It's rainnnniiiingggg over here. DH is leaving for a week to see his family in Mexico the morning. Hectic... :D
:welcome: to the new chickies!!
Jill - jeez chick! You are ON IT!! Now stop shopping and get on your gazelle! ;)
Reb - you sound more like me...always behind. As to giving up? Is that an option? :s: I tried the giving up plan for the first 35 years of my life...it didn't really work out for me. :mad:
Kayla - you sound like you are ON IT as well. :carrot:

flsunbakd
12-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi Christmas Chickies! :rudolph:

No....GIVING UP is NOT an Option!!! That's why we're all here, right?

Just because it's the Holiday Season and we're all probably having BAAAAD days of not being OP, we just have to remember to get back OP the day after. Right???? That's our :present: to ourselves.

When the New Year comes I know we'll all be as serious as we can be about ourselves. Having a new beginning like a New Year is SO good for us! :newyear: And I know we'll all take total advantage of it. All we can do to get through these Holidays without gaining too much is to be OP as often as we can and not let things get totally outta control. So there's my Holiday lecture. Did it work???? :dizzy:

:xcheer: Cheers, Chickies! :xcheer:

chick_in_the_hat
12-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Goin' on a Toy Run today....:brr: Hopefully the sun comes out. I did color coordinate my toys with my bike tho. Whutta girl. :p

DH has been gone all week....and I haven't gotten half the stuff I wanted to do done. Oh well. He arrives home tomorrow night. So...plenty of time. :D

Olly olly oxen free, biker chickies!! Quit lurking and drop a line. (I know, I know I should talk.)

flsunbakd
12-15-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi Everyone! Hi Gina! :clause:

Have fun on your Toy Run....we did one a couple of Sundays ago and we had a great time!

I know ya'll don't wanna hear this, but I'm SO EXCITED becuz it's going to COOL OFF here tomorrow! It's been a weird, hot and muggy winter so far, and I can't wait to turn the dam air conditioner OFF!!!! Looks like for the next 7 days it will be really nice....highs in the upper 60's and low 70's with nites in the 40's. YAY!

As far as OP and all that....Let's not talk about it 'til January 2. Then we can all evaluate the Holiday Damage and buckle down for the New Year. :newyear: That's my Plan and I'm stickin' to it!!

:rudolph: :snowglo: Merry Christmas, Chicks! :hohoho: :tree:

chick_in_the_hat
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Ok - nobody got frostbite or anything....I think it was like 55 degrees. :p

I'm the one flipping off the camera in the center. Note my shiny bike in the foreground. :D

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/2117798883_6d646a56c0.jpg

And another standing around looking cold shot.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2245/2117798989_5d5fb99962.jpg

wannabsexy
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Hey Everyone,

I am so off track it isn't funny so I am ready for the butt kicking. Work is hectic, home is hectic. Almost ready for Christmas.

And geez, I wish we would see 55 degree temps here we have been in the 20's with snow and ice. Somebody tell me what is up with that.

Talk to you all soon.

Kayla

flsunbakd
12-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Hey Chicks!

Don't feel too bad Kayla....I'm on the See-Food Diet, but am not worrying about it til Jan. 2. Then it's KICK BUTT TIME. Are ya'll with me?????

Merry Christmas..and have fun eating! EEEEK!

ChopperChick355
12-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Well I have been looking for a new weight loss forum since the one I was on is no longer. I was following Pure Weight Loss and on their forum but that has since been shut done along with the centers and I remember reading a post about 3fatchicks so decided to check it out. Flsunbkd looks like we have about the same issues with our weight...I can usually get down to the 160's before a vacation but then will gain it back in the interim. Anyways I ride Yamaha 1100 custom but have been looking for a new bike for the past year but I had my bike custom to fit me like the seat, lowering of the bike, change controls to fit me just right, basically the whole works so it is very hard to find a new bike because none of them fit me just right. It would be awesome to be out riding even if for a little bit but living in South Dakota we are lucky to hit 30 degrees but generally NOT. Trying to follow plan on my own but with the Holidays it is very Hard. Hope noone minds that I chimed in on your group....Happy Holidays Reda

flsunbakd
12-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi Reda! MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Reda...yes....looks like you and I have exactly the same weight issues!! I hope you'll stay here with us biker chicks. We're a great group and are very supportive of each other here. Once the holidays are over, we'll all be back to help each other and I hope you'll be here with us! I have several friends who have the same issues you do with sizing their bikes and each of them has ended up with a Harley "Low" Sportster. Check them out. Sometimes you can find a gently used one that has already been lowered and will fit you just right!

Lucky you in South Dakota! I know the winters are hard, but aren't the summers glorious! Our daughter lives in NW Wyoming....about 50 miles east of Yellowstone and about 100 miles due south of Billings, Montana. We sure do love our summer visits out there! Needless to say, we also love our balmy winters here in Central Florida where the best riding is October through May! Thes best of the best will be the day when we can spend our summers in Wyoming and our winters here :-)

Well, Chicks...it's a quiet Christmas Day for us with family far away, but we're having Christmas dinner with friends later on. Can't wait to hear about all the Christmas fun ya'll are having with your kids!!!

ChopperChick355
12-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the welcome, I do plan on being around hopefully for a while. Christmas Day was very busy, starts at 8am and we get home about 9pm you know 2 families all close by so have to hit both families in the same day usually need to take a day off just to recoupe from the past 2 days. I am thinking more like Heritage Softtail, not sure but then again I am in no hurry either not like I will be riding for a few month anyways. I should probably get headed for bed it is almost 11:30 here already. Take care Reda

chick_in_the_hat
12-28-2007, 07:12 PM
:wel3fc: Reda!!

Christmas was fairly quiet - my parents came over for dinner...all survived. :s:

I haven't been riding...between the cold and the rain. :(

Took a half a day off today. Feels like I'm playing hooky. :cb:

Jill...warming up the butt kicking leg...New Years is coming. :D

flsunbakd
12-29-2007, 09:23 AM
Hey Chickies! :newyear: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Gina...I can't wait for the butt-kicking. I'm soooo OD'd on food I can't believe it. I'm sooo dreading The Scale....but I've totally brought it on myself. :rollpin: When I get back on Wednesday, let the kicking begin!!! :kickbutt:

This morning we're riding our bike down to Port St. Lucie (where we went for Thanksgiving)...and we'll stay til Wednesday morning. Nothing fancy for the bringing in of '08...just a Chili Party at Mike & Iris's. :stir: Low key and fun....and lots of riding over the holiday! They are meeting us half-way today, so the fun starts NOW! :scooter:

Hope ya'll have some fun plans and I also hope we'll see everyone back here after the holiday.

:newyear:

VermontMom
12-31-2007, 08:11 AM
good morning! I'm back after feeling sorry for myself and pretty despondent for a good (or bad) long time. I'm now at my highest ever, except for being pregnant. I've had alot of bad (depression-related bad thoughts bad) days in the past month.

BUT I'm ready to try again (sigh!) It might help that Santa left us an elliptical, and it's smack dab in the living room, I can't avoid it :p Maybe adding something new will help.

I also have't been to Curves since October; at first I could blame it on a schedule change but I've had time to adapt, can't use that excuse any more.

We made our reservations for MYRTLE BEACH BIKE WEEK :carrot: so that happens in 131 days or so :D

welcome to our newest members, glad you found us!

ChopperChick355
01-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Well got on scale this morning and I gained 1.4 pounds over the holidays. Darn I have a vacation coming up end of January to Vegas and wanted to be at goal by then but that is not going to happen, so I guess I will settle for 10 pounds by January 27, 2008. Taking our first motorcycle trip of the year to Branson MO June 6th so hopefully will be at goal by then....Actually would like to be at goal by beginning of summer (may). Good Luck to Everyone in the New Year!!!

flsunbakd
01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey Everyone!

We're back from New Years in Port St. Lucie....when we rode our bike down on Saturday, it was 85 degrees and when we rode home today it was 43 with dropping temps! But we made it....home all safe and sound and finally thawed out! Thank goodness I took chaps, extra jackets, shirts and sox...I had them ALL on for the return trip. Tonight will be the coldest it's been here in FIVE years. You guys need to keep that Artic Air up there where it belongs!

HI HOLLY!! YAY! You're back! Well....don't feel like the Lone Ranger, Girlfriend...we've ALL fallen waaay off the wagon and now we just have to kick each other's butts and GET GOING AGAIN!!! You've got Myrtle Beach as your goal!

HI REDA! Lucky you with only a 1.4 lb weight gain....I'm terrified to get on the darn scale! But I'm sure you can lose it and a little more before your Vegas trip. Just stick here with us!

I am going to begin journaling my food intake tomorrow...THAT in itself is the single-most step in the right direction for me. Boy...when I have to write down each morsal of food, I really do think before letting it pass my lips. And when I begin journaling, the exercise and water drinking follows. So, my chicks, TOMORROW the JOURNALING BEGINS!

ChopperChick355
01-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Flsunbkd
It sure would be nice to ride a little but I guess not being able to is part of where I live, the winter months are for riding the snowmobiles if we didn't have winter months those babies would be sitting there collecting dust like the bikes are right now.
Journaling yeah I need to start doing that as well, but I do good for a couple of days then slack off the journaling that is the hardest thing for me. I need to improve on that and will be trying to stay on track again here so far so good for 2 days now.
Have a great rest of the week...;)
Weighing in tomorrow so hopefully I will be down at least the .4

rebelridergirl
01-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Hey chicks!!!:newyear:

Here I come waddling on in...:mad:I think I find and use every excuse in the book around the holidays. Plus, I really think my rear end was super glued to the couch. I was sooooo lazy, like a big fat cat, over my break. It was good to have the time off, but I really need a schedule or I'm a wreck!

Jill- :cp: for getting back to journaling! It's insane how much it does help!

Reda- Lucky you!! Only gaining 1.4, you did good!!

Holly-:hug: Have you discussed all that with your doctor? Maybe there's other medication or a different dosage that you can try that will be more helpful?

Gina-Those were great Toy Run pictures! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Have a great one chicks!!

VermontMom
01-03-2008, 09:41 AM
Holly-:hug: Have you discussed all that with your doctor? Maybe there's other medication or a different dosage that you can try that will be more helpful?

thank you, sweetie! :hug: I haven't discussed it. I know I should! I know it's because I'm afraid of going through the pain of trying different meds, afraid of how I might feel (like worse?) on something else. But I will hang in there, i know there's a ton more good stuff in life than bad.

chick_in_the_hat
01-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Jill - Is it tomorrow yet? :kickbutt: :D
:eek: - that's a chilly ride back! Smart girl being prepared.

Reda - Have you tried Fitday for journalling? :chin: It's annoying to start - but pretty easy once you have been using it for a little while. I enter a lot of stuff as a custom food - it makes it easier to find.

Andrea!! :yay: ur back! Stop beating yourself up - you can do this! :hug:

Holly - :yay: ur back, 2! I wish there was a wand we could wave make it all better. :( Exercise does help...but you know that already! Rawk that elliptical, girl. :cb:

Kayla - where u at? :^:

As for me...lesse...I'm almost done with training to become a spin instructor, I have to teach 2 more classes and pass a written test. I'm not looking to be doing it full time or anything - prolly just subbing when other instructors can't make it. It's fun! :D

Not much new on the work front...the eating front remains frustrating. I would say it is barely under control. I manage to fluctuate between 172 and 165 for the most part. It's not optimal...but it's ok I guess. :p

ChopperChick355
01-03-2008, 10:50 PM
I will check out fitday tonight, I did weigh in today and lost 2.8 pounds so I lost what I gained over the holidays plus an extra pound. I am following the LAWL plan and did do the TO plan the last 2 days. So now I am back on track and ready to go just need to get my journaling in check. Have a great weekend everyone.

flsunbakd
01-04-2008, 11:51 AM
YAY! Our Chickies are coming back!!!! :carrot:

:grouphug: HI EVERYONE!! :grouphug:

I have to report that I gained 5+ pounds and I have (while weeping) :stress: moved my weight tracker to The Truth. OMG...I am gagging. So don't feel alone Andrea and Holly!!! Gina...it IS Tomorrow! So far 2 days OP and feeling good. Still not back on my Gazelle....but that's coming real soon. Hey. One Day at a Time. Right??!

Gina...WOW that's really great about your being a newby spinning instructor! Could it be that soon fat people like us will be PAYING you to help us get in shape? I wish I lived near you so we could spin together :-)

Reda....You're doing GREAT, Girl!!! Congrats on that loss...the rest of us will be joining your happy club soon :dizzy: You're my inspiration....and I'm always in need of one...that's for sure!

Andrea....SO GLAD you're back and ready to get going again. Let's not beat ourselves up with our Holiday Screw-ups....let's get our A$$$$ES in gear and GET GOING!!!!

Holly....I love your positive thoughts....keep them! Maybe you can oversome this feeling with getting back to the basics and seeing some results. Then you won't have to wrry about medication trial and error. Take Gina's advice and RAWK that Ellip! :hug:

Kayla, where r u ?

Gosh I wish HarleyMom and some of the others would find us too.....

Have a great weekend Dear Chickies...and let's all STAY OP!!! :D
WE CAN DO IT!!

chick_in_the_hat
01-08-2008, 11:15 PM
How's the Biker gang? :D

Just a normal storm over here today - all the iffy trees already blew down last Friday.

Biggest Loser tonight!!! :woohoo:

rebelridergirl
01-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Hey chicks!

I missed Biggest Loser this week! Rats! Isn't this season a couples themed? I'll make sure to catch it next week.

You're all so righ about quit beating myself up. This week my goal was to get my eating on track and to start doing some form of exercise. I have been walking for 15 minutes 3 times a week. Next week's goal is 15 minutes 5 days a week. I need small goals to = new habits!!

How is everyone doing???

VermontMom
01-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Hi chicks!

well, I'm climbing up into my well-worn space back on the wagon:D I don't know how someone who wants something SO BADLY as I, just can't seem to stick to my goals :dizzy: but here I am again.

I love Gina's words, and I will RAWK my elliptical :carrot:

Our Harley Raffle is tomorrow; my chore today is to make (gasp) 250 brownies, and 250 servings of corn bread. The (gasp) is not due to much effort, as we got some great (shhh) mixes from Costco. The (gasp) is for me not to sample! Which I will try my best not to do. And if I do, I will force myself to elliptical-off the estimated calories.

Jill, I agree, I want Harleymom back! :( I sure hope things are good for her.

Gina, congrats on being a sub spinning teacher!!! that is so cool.

well chicks I wish us all a good, in-control day!

VermontMom
01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi everyone:hug:

I made an appointment with my doctor for this Friday. I told the receptionist that I want to try a different med; that I have a small amount of very good days, a large amount of so-so days, and a few very bad days. I;ve also gained 20 pounds since being on Lexapro. I hope that we can find something to help :^:

Hope everyone is doing good :carrot:

wannabsexy
01-15-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm right here. Christmas was hectic but wonderful. The dh went way overboard but I loved it all. I even got a new laptop which I am working on right now. We finally got all the wireless stuff worked out so that I could get online. Now I don't fight for the computer time and I am selfish and don't let anyone on the laptop. Well maybe I would let the dh use it. The only two dampers on Christmas was the amount of food I was eating and the stupid witch who won't exit our lives but we have changed that. We changed our cell phone numbers and didn't give them to her. I told the dh he had better not. So far he hasn't and I think he finally understands how I feel and he won't.

I stepped on the scale about 3 weeks ago and was back up to 170. I hate that. I have managed to get myself back op though. I have even forced myself to take my full lunch break despite the amount of work on my desk and go to the gym so I am getting my workout going again. The dh is proud of me and says he would like to see me lose another 15-20 by June and see 30 by September. He is loving the weight loss and is loving me again. I have even seen him get jealous a couple of times when we've gone out and I have gotten hit on. He just never gets jealous so it is great to see and makes me feel good. It sounds kinda bad that that makes me feel good but the last year or so has been a rebuild on a marriage that was almost gone. We celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary back in December and had almost not made our 13th so seeing him get jealous lets me know he is really loving me again.

I think my family is all jealous of the weight loss too. My mom stays paniced about it. They are all heavy and I don't remember my mother ever being thin. My brothers are both getting heavy, my sister is heavy and both of my brothers wives are heavy. Although one just went through a kidney transplant and one just had a baby but they were already heavy before that. My mom says I am losing it too fast. Excuse me it took 11 months to lose the first 95 lbs and I have only lost 10 since then and have now but 13 back on.

I know that I have lost part of the 13 but won't step on the scale cuz mother nature has been here.
Well this post got long and I didn't mean for it too. Love you guys get back on track and I promise to get better about dropping in. I need my support and accountability too much not to.

Holly keep us posted on the medication change. I understand the battle with depression and the constant change in medications. Remember you will have to be on a new one for a few weeks to really feel the change and exercise does help you feel better.

Kayla

VermontMom
01-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Kayla, it is good to hear from you! I'm so glad you had a great Christmas, and congrats on your laptop! and congrats on the husband getting jealous of you in public, you hottie :D:carrot:

and thanks so much for the words of encouragement about the depression. And another congrats on you and your husband working out your relationship :hug:

wannabsexy
01-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Been down that road Holly for longer then I care to admit.They say it probably stems from post partum (that isn't spelled right) depression after my second daughter was born that was never accurately diagnosed. She was 7 when I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety disorders. She is now 13 so I have been on and off a number of medications for the past few years.

Welbutrin has worked really well for me and I haven't experienced the side effects that I did on some of the others. I will tell you to be insistant in getting them to change your medications. Research on the net different medications so that you are aware of their side effects before hand and can say yes or not to trying one.

VermontMom
01-16-2008, 08:35 AM
Good morning! Kayla, I thank you again for your input :)

Hi to all others! I have been eating RIGHT and keeping to under 1500 cals for 3 days straight. A record for me :carrot: And doing an exercise tape in the morning, at least 15 minutes (or long enough to burn at least 200 cals) on the elliptical at night, as soon as I get home, before I eat dinner.

VermontMom
01-18-2008, 08:52 PM
hi everyone :hug: I had my dr. appt. today, for an 8:00 am appt. I waited half an hour in the waiting room, then waited half an hour in the exam room! :mad: How is it that doctors get away with that.

Anyway, he readily agreed to me switching to Wellbutrin. He always readily agrees...I wonder if he's really a good doctor. :?:

I have to vent a bit, one of my big problems is that I get SO hurt that my husband never asks me how I'm doing, relating to my depression. I've told him that him saying "hi, what's up" is NOT a meaningful way of asking how I am. He's admitted that he 'doesn't know how to ask'. So I have said, "you could just say, 'how are you doing in your head?'" but he doesn't.

He is a volunteer for the local rescue squad, and has been for 15 years. I know that he cares for me, but by his actions, I feel that he shows more attention and concern for total strangers than for his wife.

Maybe this is just one of my BAD days. sorry for the dump of angst :(

chick_in_the_hat
01-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Holly - darlin...sometimes guys just don't get it. It's not that he doesn't care...he's just prolly afraid of stepping into a minefield. My DH is like that, too. Does he at least listen when you try to tell him how you are doing? I don't know how to tell you to maybe change your expectations of him? I do know I never got anywhere trying to train DH....at least not when he knows that's what I'm trying to do. ;) Anyhoo - I hope the Wellbutrin works for you. :hug:

Kayla! Isn't it wierd peoples reactions to your weight loss? My family has been quite supportive - but a few friends have been less so. I haven't really hung around them much - mostly because my life has changed and I do different stuff now. All I can give you is that you are being a good example - maybe they will feel inspired to be healthier, too. :cb:

Rebel - hey chickie!! I'm rooting for blue team at the moment...the strangers. If not them, maybe orange team. They are so competitive. :carrot:

I went to the doctor yesterday, too. My forearm has been sore ever since mid December. Turns out it's tennis elbow. :tantrum: I have this band thinging that I wear now...I'm icing it...Doc says try not to use it until it's better. Which could be another month. :mad: Not upper body workouts, no bicylcles...this is the biggest problem. I've started jogging...it's ok...but it's not my favorite. No scooting for a while either. The sun is out today, it's like 60 degrees. :cry:

VermontMom
01-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Gina - "minefield" - :D You're right. You should see the look of complete PANIC when I say 'I want to talk about something'. But we did talk a bit and it helped. He said he would work on how to meaningfully ask me how I'm doing.

So THANK YOU for letting me spew my angst, and now I hope so much that the new med will help.

NOW my good news, as of today, it's been one whole week that I have kept to 1500 calories or under each day! And exercised each day, with a video workout (aerotics and toning) plus a little elliptical-ling each evening; from 15 to 20-ish minutes (burning between 200 to 450 calories). YAY.

I really didn't think I could stop eating the bad stuff at work (big bakery cookies, big muffins, cupcakes) for even a day. But I have not had a single one for a week!!!!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I even brought home some treats for the fam, and am fine with not having any myself.

SOOOO in the past I have been a s-l-o-w loser, literally like only four pounds a month, even with steady exercising. But I am going to try to go for 'the long run' and just keep doing what I'm supposed to do, each day.

VermontMom
01-21-2008, 08:50 AM
GINA - forgive me for blipping over your injury :( That sux! no upper body/arms working out. Does this mean you can't do the spinning class either? Sure hope it heals quickly!!:hug:

VermontMom
01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
And OMIGOSH is it good to move my ticker DOWN instead of UP :p

flsunbakd
01-21-2008, 05:23 PM
OMG! I haven't been getting my notifications so I thought all was quiet on here! WOW! You guys have been busy!

Glad to see ya'll.....I will read your posts to get caught up with what everyone's doing and check back later.

chick_in_the_hat
01-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Spinning is also on hold...:tantrum: Doc says up to a month...maybe it was time to switch things up a bit.

Holly - a whole week of under 1500?! :yay: :woohoo: I :dunno: how you say no in a bakery....quite impressive!! And moving the ticker dwon to show for it. :D

Good to see you back, Jill!! :cb:

Having a quiet MLK Day over here.. :beach: gotta love 3 day weekends.

wannabsexy
01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
:smug:No 3 day weekend here. I'm jealous.

I'm so proud of you Holly!!!!! I refuse to move my ticker up so it is just staying there, lol. I have now lost 10 of the 13 lbs I had gained when I got so far off track and actually made the gym today :carrot::carrot:

People's reactions are funny but my bestd friend and the hubby have been a tremondous help and support.

Holly, good luck with the change in medication but I believe in a few weeks you will see a difference. We do all have bad days when we need to blow and vent. Unfortunately those will never totally go away. Dh's just don't have a clue, even when I was having adverse reactions to my medications the dh wasn't even telling me so I wasn't realizing that the medicine wasn't really working. When it finally came down to it and we were talking about things and putting our relationship back together he just said I thought you could tell that it wasn't working. NO, duh. Obviously I couldn't or I would have changed things faster.

A huge hello to everyone else.

VermontMom
01-22-2008, 08:34 AM
... he just said I thought you could tell that it wasn't working. NO, duh.

:rofl: Yup. Loving but clueless sometimes :D

Hi Jill!!!

wannabsexy
01-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Yep totally clueless.

VermontMom
01-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi chicks!

I had some bad choice yummies last night, but not more than 500 calories I think. That was the first time I went over 1500 calories a day, for 8 days.

Today was a supreme test of self control, when near the end of my shift, I came SOOOOO close to having some chocolate cake with peanut butter filling that was STARING at me - I found a "Special K" bar instead for 90 calories...

This morning I did a step aerobics tape, but only with ankle weights, 'cause my upper bod is a little sore from yesterdays chest/arms work.

Hope everyone else is hanging in there! How is your elbow, Gina?

hugs to all :hug:

wannabsexy
01-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Ocassional slips are allowed. Which is a good thing for me. At least you are back on track for today and good for you for finding something other then the cake to eat.

VermontMom
01-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Good morning!

Running a little late today. But today is my Friday! (I have off FRidays and Saturdays) Woohoo!!

Sipping coffee, surfing, then going to do as challenging a workout as I can. My revenge to winter is to wring as much fat burning and muscle building out of each cold dreary day that I can :carrot:

chick_in_the_hat
01-24-2008, 03:05 PM
WTG Holly!! It pays to have safe munchies around. :D

I think the elbow thing is gonna take a while. I'm kind of starting to like jogging - I just have to get to the gym early enuf to get a treadmill until the New Years newbies go away. :s: When the rain stops I'll hit the road. :carrot:

rebelridergirl
01-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey ladies!

Gina- Sorry to hear about your injury! I'm glad that you're enjoying jogging, though. In my thinner days, I used to love it.

Holly- How's the Wellbutrin working? Does it feel like it's helping? I am so proud of you for sticking with your plan of under 1500 calorie days and choosing the Special K bars instead of cake!

Jill- Hey!! It's good to see you, girlfriend!!

Kayla- Yeah, men...gotta love 'em. It's so good that you do have a strong support in your friends even though your family jealous of your weight loss.

There really has to be some truth to that "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus" stuff. When I was really suffering with my migraines and complaining (quite profusely I must admit) and would refuse to go out due to pain, my dear sweet hubby finally said, " I had no idea you were really hurting." I was like...hmm...you've GOT to be kidding me, I complain and gripe all the time about it!! LOL.

Well, not much more to report here... I've actually lost 9 pounds this month so far. I'm not too sure where my calorie level should be, but I've thought around 1500-1700. It's all trial and error, I guess.

Have a great one, Chicks!

VermontMom
01-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Reb - Hi!! CONGRATS on losing NINE pounds! I'm happily jealous :D:carrot:

Oh! how can husbands/boyfriends be so....dense? :D :p:dizzy:

and how nice to hear of someone being proud of me, I love it, thank you!

Had another good day today. Did the Gilad Step n Tone this morning. Kept to my healthy calories again today, yay!

regarding the new med - is one week too early to tell? But I feel in such good spirits - whether it's due to old med phasing out, new med phasing in, eating better and exercising more, renewed hope :carrot: If I find out that I could have felt this good for the previous two years instead of semi-blah all the time....:devil:

well I want to go to bed before my older son comes home from the grocery store with dessert that the rest of the fam clamored for ;)

have a great night chicks!!

wannabsexy
01-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Hey everyone,
I am so glad to see everyone back and doing so well.

Holly, I felt the difference with the welbutrin pretty quick too. That is a good thing and I have had a much more normal life for the last year.

Reb, so happy for the weight you have lost this month. Keep it up.

Chick, glad you are enjoying the jogging and hope that elbow will heal faster then what is said.

Me, I'm doing pretty good here. I have dropped 10 of the 13 that I had put back on over the holidays. Now it is time to really start fighting to get the rest of it off. I now have a workout partner with one of the girls I work with. We are hitting the gym together 3 days a week. Well, we are trying to. The locker room has been closed part of this week for remodeling but should be reopened tomorrow.

In the meantime we have had temps below freezing the past few days and tomorrow they are calling for freezing rain and sleet. I am so ready for winter to be over. But at the same time I would like to get the majority of this last 30 lbs off before summer rolls around.

One question for everyone here. Has anyone dealt with perimenopause yet?

VermontMom
01-25-2008, 05:11 AM
(doing quick google on perimenopause) Hmm, I don't think I have those symptoms yet. I'm 47 and still have regular periods, except I missed one two years ago that sent me in a panic :devil: but that's all it was. I asked my mom last year about menopause in our lady family members, and she gave me a vague answer like 'oh god, it's ****' but not much more.

Good early morning! I couldn't sleep well. Kayla, I used to be soooo sleepy all the time on Lexapro. Now...I can't drop off like I used to. Oh well.

I told you that dessert came into the house last night, and I went to bed before I could be tempted? The remains of it are all scattered about ....ice cream scoops in the sink...chocolate syrup on the counter....apple crumb pie staring at me! I cleaned up the kitchen, then made some coffee and had an orange, and half a Balance bar. I am proud of myself :cool:

Kayla, WTG on losing that holiday weight!! that is great!! How many calories do you approximately have a day? I want your success too :)

I don't know if I can go back to bed. But I have off today, so I can nap if needed.

talk to y'all later!

wannabsexy
01-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Hey Holly, good for you not messing with the scattered job while you were cleaning the kitchen. I didn't do well yesterday or today. Yesterday it was a package of twinkies and a pack of reese's. Today it was 3 pieces of lemon bundt cake. Oh well, I will do better the rest of this weekend and next week.

Just a small slip up. The hot flashes and night sweats and the irregular periods, not that I am missing them just never know when they are coming these days, tell me that I am working on perimenopause. The hubby said he is moving out. 2 girls in puberty and then me. He sure doesn't know what to expect these days. Oh well.

Holly, I try to keep my calories between 1200-1400 a day. I still can't seem to break that 160 mark again and it is driving me nuts. I really want the rest of this off and am just about deperate enough to try anything to get it jumpstarted. I need to watch the late night munching when I get bored that would probably help.

Have a great weekend.

VermontMom
01-26-2008, 11:04 AM
good morning :)

well I did great yesterday until evening...had two bowls of cereal, I wasn't even hungry, just think it was because I saw others enjoying stuff like ice cream. Well, I just have to work on remembering what I want!

Going to do an exercise tape soon, after I finish my coffee.

I know we haven't spoken of motorcycles much lately...anyone want to start? :carrot:

Any big trips planned? Ours are; Myrtle Beach (leaving Wed. May 7th and returning Wed. May8th);
Laconia (probably just a day trip or maybe an overnight; around the 13th/14th/15th of June)
Harley Rendezvous (weekend of June 20, 21, 22);
Bear Bones Bash (it's a small local event-weekend of July 11, 12, 13);
EasyRiders Rodeo/Bike show in Chillicothe, OH (Aug. 28, 29, 30, into Sept).

With as much daily riding to and from work, to the post office, grocery store, etc. :scooter:

VermontMom
01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
Good morning! I'm having my coffee and first tiny breakfast of half a mini bagel with a teaspoon of pb and a schmear of sugar free jam. It's goooooood.

I might be down another pound but I want to wait as long as possible before I weigh myself again. You know how discouraging it is when you don't see a loss (roll eyes). None of my clothes feel looser yet. But I'm pluggin on :D

Hi to everyone! :hug:

wannabsexy
01-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Just keep plugging along Holly, they will feel looser soon. I love that part and that is usually when I choose to weigh when something is feeling looser on me.

Talk about bad food days yesterday. We celebrated birthdays for a couple of my friends. The dinner was Chicken Cordon Blue, and asparagus with hollandaise sauce. For dessert it was chocolate souffle. I stuck to one portion though and even left a little on my plate. But it was only a little, lol. We did do Applebees for lunch at work on Friday and I at least ordered off the weight watchers menu. That was good to.

We haven't actually made any plans for any bike trips yet this year. We were talking about going back to Tellico, TN but at the same time we may skip this year and gather some of the other stuff we want to have with us.

We did possibly talk about a short trip into Colorado while we leave our kids with the inlaws but just a few days on a short vacation. I don't know what we will do yet though.

VermontMom
01-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Good morning :)

I went about 500 calories over limit yesterday. I'll try to do better. I know I did it out of anger over something...that's a stupid reason.

Having coffee and my mini bagel now. will exercise soon. I've been alternating between Gilad's Step and Tone; Denise Austin's Sizzler; and Kelli Roberts Step.

have a great day chicks!

flsunbakd
01-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi Chickies!

Gosh....sorry it's been so long since I've been on here, but it's been good reading about what ya'll have been up to. I've been so busy I don't know if I've "been good" or not....but at least I've tried to not eat the OBVIOUS bad things :devil:

The "me" news is that with the real estate market in the dumper I have to go back to work. :( We really thought it would break open this winter with our SnowBird season, but it has not. Not at all. Looks like it will be maybe next year after the election before people start buying again. So.....I've signed up to take a certification class to be a Nursing Assistant. It starts mid-February...then I hope to get a job in one of our local hospitals. We need the benefits as well as the income. I took the entrance exam last week and at least I'm smarter than a 5th grader. :p After being a mortgage banker all my life this will be something different...and I love the hospital schedule...3 on then 4 off. Hope I get to do that.

As far as vacations and bike trips this year....I'm on HOLD! Good thing we had Tons of Fun last year! :D

wannabsexy
01-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Hey ladies,
I've had 2 bad food days in a row. ughhhhh!!!! Work has been stress to the max and will continue to be so for a while yet. I just have to remember not to eat my way through it.

See everyone soon.

VermontMom
01-30-2008, 09:10 AM
good morning!

Kayla, sorry about the stress :( and how it is affecting you. Hang in there!!!!:hug:

Hi Jill!!! eeek, sorry to hear you have to enter the work force again. Hope it's something you can enjoy, while you ride out the fickle economy.

interesting - Yesterday I was thinking about the ecomony in Florida, as I received yet another postcard offering to buy our small property in Ocala...but it's about $10,000 less than the ones I was getting last year :eek: so that means we also will be riding out the ups and downs of real estate.

I did SO well with calories all day, until I get home...and ya knkow, I am letting small annoyances with the hub 'give me permission' to have like 500 calories more than I should. Time for me to realize what's happening, and stop it pronto

VermontMom
01-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Jill - 'smarter than a 5th grader' - :rofl:

flsunbakd
01-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah, Holly...Smarter than a 5th grader, but just barely!!!! :dizzy:

When I saw all the algebra, fractions and geometry on that test it was a gigantic, ugly, 45-year flashback to 9th grade!!! I was relieved to get outta the math part with an almost 10th grade score. Luckily, I aced the English, grammer and language parts at 12.9 which was the highest. Gosh....I haven't been that nervous in a loooong time!!

VermontMom
01-31-2008, 10:29 AM
YAY Jill you smart chick :D I also would have done better with language/words instead of math :eek:

I had a bad, bad eating day yesterday! ready for the excuses? :p My son had a 2 hour delay of school because of the weather...so getting him to school without screwing up my work schedule took some scrambling..then at work, someone opened a sample box of garlic-rosemary 'potato crisps' - too tasty!!!

THAT set my mouth ready to want more, more, more of anything...had one of the large cc cookies ( I USED to have one daily, but since Jan. 8th have not had a single one) then I had another one!! THEN i had something from the bakery case that I won't even describe but I'm sure was something in the range of 500 or 600 calories...:faint:

I sure hope I got THAT out of my system!

I just finished my Denise Austin tape, so I am feeling good again. Here's to forgetting about yesterday and getting back what I know I should do!

Hope everyone is doing good. I am really, really showing effects of my new depression med, Wellbutrin...I am feeling good. Optimistic, looking forward to the next day, not wanting to sleep all the time, remembering how my goofy sense of humor used to be...in other words, the old me! It's great.

have a great day, chicks!!! vroom, vroom, VROOM. That's my bike in my mind :scooter:

chick_in_the_hat
01-31-2008, 05:59 PM
So glad you are feeling yourself again, Holly!! Vroom vroom indeed! It's so hard to stop once you get going, huh? Good for you burning at least some of it off. :cb:

Jill - sorry you are stuck going back to work...especially if it cuts into your time riding. :( WTG at being smarter than a 5th grader. :) Too funny.

Kayla - step away from the souffle... :lol: You can do this, girl! Serenity now...

I'm still plugging along..I really miss upper body workouts. I was pretty proud of where my arms were shaping up. Oh well..I know how to get it back when this stupid tennis elbow heals. Jogging is getting easier...every day I try to go a little faster or add incline. :carrot:

VermontMom
02-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Good morning! Winter storm approaching this afternoon - a messy mix of freezing rain, wet snow, sleet, more freezing precipitation, the whole thing! bleh. Gotta go to the grocery store after I work out to get some things we really need (milk, coffee, t.p.!)

Gina, it must be frustrating not to be able to work your upper bod :( sure hope you get the doc's OK soon!

Hi to everyone else :hug:

I have an co-worker who's such a pain. She says she's 62 (I don't know, just by appearances she might be more than that) and the age doesn't matter AT ALL, except she will be getting something from a low shelf, groan as she straightens up, and says "Oh Holly, it's **** getting old, isn't it?"
and when I said I was trying to lose some weight, she said "Oh, it's so hard when we get older, isn't it."

Excuse me!!! I think there's close to a twenty year difference in our ages!! and I am flexible and have great ab and lower back strength and I WILL be wearing cut-off T-shirts this summer to show my smooth nice tummy!!

In fact, I think one of my driving motivations is gonna be to show up at work this summer, when I'm not working; on the bike, in full biker babe makeup, tanned and highlighed, and wearing one of my 'little' t shirts and a push m up bra, with a pair of jeans that doesn't show any flab above the waist :devil: and ask the lady where HER tummy is at :devil:

LOL! nothing like revenge and wounded pride to kick my butt :D

flsunbakd
02-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Chickies!!!

Holly, I am just soooooo happy to hear that you're back to your funny, optimistic self. It's just GREAT to hear that news! And about your "Too Old" co-worker....just think about YOU (like you're already doing!) and you'll have that cut-off T slim belly sooooon! Gosh. I'm 57 and starting a brand-spankin' new career that requires lots of upper body strength. And I'll bet no one will know I'm that old becuz I REFUSE to be! Age is just a number. OLD is what you project to others. Right? :dizzy:

Gina....you're my idol when it comes to sticking with consistent exercise....even when you hit a bump! Hope you're feeling better soon...I know tennis elbow must really hurt a lot, and most of us would figure that would be a pretty good excuse to lay out for a while :devil:

Hey Kayla...Hi! Hope your stress level evens out as mine does! This going back to work crap is stressful for me, but on the other hand I'm really looking forward to going back to school on the 19th....then hoping for a decent job with benefits to follow. Every day I look online and in the paper and there are tons of Nursing Assistant jobs around here. Of course we live in the land of the old fart so what the heck! I figure I might as well earn a living in a field that has unending longevity! Hubby is interviewing for a Chef/Maitre'd position in a very up-scale assisted living facility today and he'd be perfect for it; all the old ladies love his Sean Connery look. :D:D:D That silver pony tail and bead knock 'em out every time. :smug:

So say prayers that we get jobs!!! Especially my HH today!

Gonna go get me a diet Dew and put my weight vest on while I do housework. That will be my work out today!

VermontMom
02-01-2008, 04:18 PM
good afternoon! The sleet is coming down like crazy...just like pouring rain, but frozen! I got the errands and shopping done, and got up the last big hill OK, but it was no picnic!

Jill, I hope also dh gets the job he's interviewing for! With that tan, and like you said, Sean Connery looks and silvery ponytail, the older ladies will be swooning :D (can he do an English accent? LOL!)

take care everyone!

VermontMom
02-05-2008, 09:12 AM
good morning! Jill, did your dh hear about the job?

ugh, this morning as I'm sipping my coffee I'm wondering what THAT taste is...check the 2% milk jug, and it's past the expiration date and sure tastes like it, even though it didn't clump in my coffee...bleh!

Then took the dog out and realized dh and I have to shovel/snowblow pdq for him to get to work on time. Where did those four new inches of snow come from?!? Thank goodness for the snowblower, it makes such a difference.

Happy Fat Tuesday! No King Cake for me, thank you :D

I got to move my ticker down 2 pounds. I've been aware of being 2 down for maybe a week but wanted to 'be sure'. A-l-m-o-s-t back into the 160 range, sigh!

Hope everyone's doing good. On our biker forum, everyone's already excited and looking forward to the EasyRiders Rodeo in Chillicothe, Ohio over Labor Day weekend. Sure is fun to look forward to events!

VermontMom
02-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Hellooooo everyone :D

well I was pissed, after finally moving my ticker down, to weigh yesterday and see that it's up FIVE pounds? then TOM arrived today...gawd, hope that's the reason for the higher numbers!

I bought some stuff at my fave secondhand shop today. Well, a size 12 jeans isn't too bad. I just needed something new for me. I saw SO many cute tops that I would have snatched up, if I were 15-20 pounds less :(

Tried to keep on track. I know I should exert the self-control, but the dh brought home apple pie, ice cream and cool whip. :?: He knows how hard I'm trying. It's very frustrating. I had about a cup of ice cream. It's not the end of the world, but I work so hard to count my calories and work them off.

Another foot of snow arrived yesterday. Thank goodness for snowblowers!!!

and a nice deed was done to me the day before that. I was stuck in my driveway at the top, spinning in place, and a Town truck stopped, took sand out of his rig, spread it around for me and said with a smile, 'now, let 'er rip!' I bought a $10.00 gas card and mailed it to him as a small thank-you. There ARE good people in the world!

wannabsexy
02-08-2008, 11:40 PM
I am out of here for a few days and miss everything. Life is so busy sometimes. Work is still stressful but it will ease eventually. It's just the number of really big projects with serious deadlines that are killing me.

I am so glad to hear and see that everyone is doing so well. And yes Holly it feels wonderful when the meds work and you feel like your old self. That can make all the difference in your world.

Jill anything on the job for the dh yet? I hope it has been good news. My fingers are crossed for you guys.

On this front I had several really good days with the food and then today has been so off it isn't even funny. However mother nature has arrived and for some reason she always makes me crave and gotta have sugar. I never have figured that one out.

And I am in the best mood this evening. I got an early V-day because the dh was too excited to wait. He got me a Vermont Teddy Bear biker bear (I collect teddy bears). He is dressed all in biker gear and my hubby had them embroder Viragomama on the back of his little leather jacket. He had a little chocolate teddy bear on one hand. On the other was attached a little pink box which held ruby and diamond earrings. The card said "To my Viragomama".

I am getting so spoiled. I am loving every minute of it to. roflmao

:hug: to all of you.

rebelridergirl
02-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey Chicks!

Long time no see!

Holly- I'm glad to see that you are doing tons better with the new meds and back to losing. You're back to your fun-loving self!!! Yipppeee!!

Jill- I really hope you enjoy your new job and work schedule. You have such a wonderful, upbeat personality that you will do great working in a hospital!!

wannab- Lucky girl! That is such a sweet and romantic gift from your DH!! Awww...

Gina- How are things going with you chickadee?!

:val3::val1:Do you ladies have any romantic Valentine's Day plans yet?:val2: My hubby and I usually have a candlelit dinner at home, because when we were first married we were too poor to go out to eat (LOL) and so it just became a habit. I think we need to plan to go out this year, though.

Let's see... what else has been going on since I was last here... hmmm... Oh yeah, I think since I turned 30 (almost 31 now) and since I've got on meds to help my hormones with the PCOS and all that my biological clocking has been ticking loudly:bb:!!!:dizzy: At first, Dh wasn't too receptive to the idea, but after talking out some of his fears, he's embracing it. We want to start trying in the next year to year and a half. I also want to lose some weight before I become pregnant. I am so scared of weight related complications. I am also anticipating fertility issues due to my PCOS. So, I think it will be a long road. We'll see what happens, though!!:carrot:

We don't have bike trips planned yet. We did rejoin a motorcycle club, so I hope that gets us out a little more this summer. We went to the EasyRiders Bike Show in KC, Mo last May and had a blast. We wussed out and didn't ride, but it was still fun. I looked at their website a few weeks ago and they didn't have anything listed in KC yet, but I'll keep looking! If they do, we plan on going. I have to say, though, I thought their Miss EasyRider or whatever was a He-She.:p She had an Adam's Apple and was very orange "tanned' like an Oompa Loompa. Bizzarre!!:?::fr:

Have a great weekend girls!

VermontMom
02-13-2008, 07:17 AM
Good morning! Hi Rebel!! so good to hear from you:hug: That's so funny about the orange-hued EasyRiders Ms. He/she :D yay to you for getting your dh to talk about his trepidations of parenting. Any parent will tell you sure, it's scary :p but great :D

wannab - such a great Teddy bear outfit!! i just saw on the news that Vermont Teddy Bear Co. will have UPS shipping 200,000 bears by Valentines Day.

We have another winter storm to deal with. Im actually waiting til I finish my second cuppa coffee before i step outside to see what we have to deal with, to get the cars out...then it's "freezing rain, sleet, and heavy snow" til this afternoon. ANywhere from 4-10" is forecast :eek:

I have strayed from my strict 1500 cals a day; it's been more, but I have been faithfully exercising every day! it does feel good to feel more strenght, though the fat is still over the muscle :D

will try to check in again tonight. Have a great day!

catmalvo
02-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Hi!
I'm Catherine, friends call me Cat'
I live in the Pocono Mountains of PA. great riding - short season :(
I am 46 and I let myself go over the years.
I have two daughters and a biker/magician for a husband.
He has a 04 Big Dog Chopper and now that our girls are teens we have been enjoying riding as often as we can.
I am sure I will gain a lot of support and friendship from this forum.
I feel good already!
Cat'

VermontMom
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
Hi Cat and welcome! Always good to have another bike lovin chick here :D

wannabsexy
02-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Cat!!! Glad you could join us. You will find a great group of women here. We just enjoy new friends and helping each other out.

chick_in_the_hat
02-15-2008, 11:39 PM
:welcome: Cat!! A magician biker - very :cool:

Kayla - :wave: Way too cute with the bear! What a sweetie! :D

Holly - hope the weather is at least pretending to warm up for ya? Sending :sunny: your way. WTG on the consistent exercise!! :cb:

Rebel - wow! Big plans!! :congrat: We did the official go out to eat for V-Day yesterday. :yay: steak house! :D

Jill - I've been meaning to ask how you like that weight vest. Sounds like you do like it - you're still using it. :carrot: Big changes for you - very exiting...and prolly a little scary. :dizzy: Nursing assistants are always in demand, I think.

It finally looks like things might be moving for a new job for me...:crossed: I'm thinking April Fools is a good start date. :devil: I'm trying to stay off of Craigslist until it's more sure. VROD Dreams....

My arm is still messed up...I'm going to call the doc and try cortisone shots soon. It's been 2 months and it's gotten old. :mad: I'm still jogging....it's ok but I miss my bikes. :^:

catmalvo
02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
How is everyone? I am enjoying my three day weekend. The sun finally peeked out from the cloud that has been here for what seems like months. It really lifted my spirit. I am counting the days till riding season. My husband went to a bike show in New York, so he will definatly have the itch. I stayed home to do some homework and enjoy the quiet (both daughters at a party).

Cat'

VermontMom
02-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Good morning!

Cat, I HEAR YA about needing spirits lifted! :D I enjoy every ray of sunshine that appears here.

Jill - :( that your arm is still messed up :( I sure hope it gets better soon. Kudos to you for adapting your exercise to accomodate it :cp:

Still plugging along. I was doing pretty well sticking to 1500 calories, but I truly don't think I can lose on that . Do I need to dip down to 1200?!? that's like starvation rations to me :devil: I can FEEL more strength and maybe see a tiny definition in places, but I stil have pounds of fat to remove.

What keeps me going is knowing that with each workout, if I'm building a little muscle, that muscle requires more energy to maintain. And I swear I have the unhealthy desire to flaunt my trimmer bod in front of the old biddy at work :devil::devil::devil:

I don't have today off...in fact Presidents' Week is, next to Christmas and New years', our busiest time. Bleh. We did an almost record day of sales yesterday, and my boss kept me at work 15 minutes past the hour...which doens't sound like much? but at the end of the day it's hard to take, especially that he will NOT pay me for that :mad:

gotta bring in the dog, drink my breakfast (carnation instant no-sugar added) and work out, then get ready for work.

catmalvo
02-18-2008, 04:41 PM
DH (I imagine that means husband, don't know the lingo yet0 :) took the bike out for a blast around our community and slid on the gravel and wet roads. I think it scared him into waiting for spring. Living on a mountain is not good for winter riding. When we lived in the city, the roads were flat and straight, we pretty much road year round. Well that was 16 years ago ... we were a lot younger too ... I would not do it now... I am old...

But I am enjoying my day off! :D

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wR6nkNl/weight.png

VermontMom
02-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Good morning! Cat, I'm glad he was able to take it out...but whoa, watch out for that sand and gravel! That is a BIG hazard until spring rains (and the streetsweeping machines) get rid of it. But I understand the CABIN fever.

I've been lucky this winter but I finally caught a head cold, and man it felt like I was hit by a truck. The aches, the sinus pressure, the running nose...GAH!! I haven't been able to exercise since TUESDAY!! And I HAD been working out EVERY DAY for at least a month. damb!

I think I will try a workout today. The symptoms are in the head, not the chest; I think that's the thresh hold people say that it's okay to try a workout.

My husband misplaced (LOST) our checkbook yesterday. THat made a mad scramble to go to the bank to cancel that account and set up a new one; plus now we have to contact everyone that we have auto payments set up with; plus call anyone I had sent checks to from a week or so, to let them know that we're not stiffing them . Oh joy :D

Our younger son has a friend who wants to sell him his bike, a Ninja 500. If it was a 250, we'd be okay with that, but I think a 500 is way too powerful for a kid to learn on. But I'd like it :devil:

hope everyone's doing well. I HATE winter and am heartily sick of it.

VermontMom
02-23-2008, 10:15 AM
and yes - DH is dear husband :)

chick_in_the_hat
02-23-2008, 02:26 PM
or danged husband depending on the situation or time of month. :s:

Cat - :eek: gravel and road snakes freak me out. I used to ride year around, too...sometimes older means smarter, huh? ;) Here's a link (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83430) to the lingo for your entertainment value.

Holly baby - :getwell: soon!! How old is the boy? A 500 does go pretty fast - I'd be a little worried, too. But then you're a mom - you prolly worry if he's on a big wheel. :devil:

Welp - I'm off to the gym. I got the dog walked before the rain started. :cb:

VermontMom
02-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Good morning. Bleh, I want this cold to END! I did manage a workout yesterday, cardio and weights, but I just can't do it this morning :( And now it does seem to be traveling downward, throat and chest.

I am going to be brave and move my ticker down one pound. It has been at 171 for 3 days now. My goal seems almost impossible, I get so discouraged. Especially being sick and that I can't exercise. Someone slap me :D

Have to drink some more hot tea, have a little breakfast, then get ready for work :mad:

chick_in_the_hat
02-24-2008, 03:09 PM
:frypan: it's as close to a slap as I could find. Give yourself a break, you are sick!! Your goal is not impossible - but you need to let your body get back to a healthy state. You'll get back to exercising soon enough. In the meantime just watch the calories...lots of chicken soup and rest. :hug:

VermontMom
02-26-2008, 10:32 AM
Thank you for that well-needed and asked-for slap Gina :D

I'm still not well, but a bit better. Woke up with terrible sore throat and stuffed head; but a few cups of tea and just being upright has helped alot. Sore throat is gone, head is better; so I did a Denise Austin tape. And I think it's okay, cause I don't feel like i was put through the wringer :)

I have a youtube video for us all - it isn't anyone I know, but it's a collage of someone's year of motorcycling as a couple (and some groups) and it's set to Bob Seger's Roll Me Away which is a quintessinal (sp?) biker's road song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2WYa3wV6EI&NR=1

Watch this and I guar-un-TEE that you'll get the cravings for summer riding!!!!

Gotta get ready for work. Oh, and another winter storm watch is on for us - another *(%$#@&! 12 to 16 inches from today through Wednesday. :mad:

VermontMom
02-27-2008, 09:38 AM
good morning - about 8" of new snow out there, and more expected today. Another horrible restless night, I had to get up at 4:00 am to take some cold/sinus medicine, I felt like my head was going to explode.

I guess if I'm blowing my nose alot and horrible stuff is exiting, that's good.

Has anyone looked at that video??? I watch it twice a day. Love that song, love how it's put together. Especially with the few action shots. My husband and I are definitley inspired by it, and will put together our own collections set to specific songs.

Biking seems far, far away. Getting better seems far away too :(

know what sux? I hopped on the scale just to see that nice 171, and it showed 175. What the ****! Hate that.

chick_in_the_hat
02-27-2008, 03:25 PM
4 pounds of boogers. :s:

I need to log in from home to get to UTOOB - I'll do it tonight.

Not much news from here...I did manage to get back to the 160's. Now if I can just stay there thru a weekend. They always kill me. :mad:

VermontMom
03-01-2008, 10:24 AM
EeewwwW!!! but funny.

I got a quick doctor's appt yesterday and got a 5 day antibiotic pack for sinus infection .I've got a killer headache today, but I sure hope I'm going to get better soon, then my god, I have to get back on track. It's now March!!

We've got so much snow..it's hard to believe that it will ever stop snowing, get warmer, snow melt. I'm losing my grammar also :devil:

Ladies, (besides Gina) say hi!!

flsunbakd
03-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Hey Chickies! I've missed you!

Holly, sorry you're under the weather...but sounds like you're still movin' right along despite 4 lbs of boogers. I had to LOL about that!

Gina, I love my weight vest...it's the best investment I've made for ME.

Short and sweet..have to study, and I'm ASTOUNDED that I'm getting straight A's!!! Espiciall on my Medical Terminology class. We'll see how long that lasts, as it's getting harder and harder.

Welcome CAT!!!

I got to move my weight tracker down 3 lbs. YAY!

Am lovin' my NA class. There are 14 of us. It's a riot when we have to practice our skills on each other in our health lab that's set up like a hospital ward. More about that when I have more time....just wanted to check in with ya'll!

Going for a short ride before studying some more.......Beautiful Day here! Daytona Bike Week has started and there are bikes everywhere. We'll be going over NEXT weekend when our friends are here. It's about a 60 mile ride through some pretty back roads :-)

Love, Jill :-)

chick_in_the_hat
03-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Howdy chickies!!

It's too quiet over here...the thread almost made it to page 2. :p

Jill - :woohoo: for the weight tracker moving - you go, girl!!

Holly - you must be better by now. I hope things are starting to warm up? I finally got around to checking our your Youtube link - WAY :cool:!! I like how the photos and videos are put together.

I'm itching to ride...still waiting on the arm to heal. Friday I have an appointment for cortisone shots - hopefully that takes care of it. :mad:

:wave: to everyone else...

VermontMom
03-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone :D

Yes I am ALL BETTER!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Nothing like being sick to remind us how good we feel usually!!

I'm back to working out every day. I'm doing tapes that are both cardio and weights. I need both!! and what I really REALLY need is to eat right/eat less. That is my hard part.

I identify with that lady on the Lapband commercial, when she says that her hunger was always like a lion roaring at her "Feed me!" that's exactly how I get.

My Myrtle Beach countdown is now 2 months!!

Gina,hang in there with your healing arm (hug)!! and as for 'warming up" here, I wish!!!! it was blowing, drifting snow today and not much more than the low 20's during the day!! my car door locks would refuse to work and my freaking doors would swing open as I was driving - LOL now, not funny then!

Hi Jill!!!!! Yay to you for losing 3 more!!!!!!

Sobering news - we have motorcycling friends who live in Florida for the winter, and the husband went down on his bike in the rain. Broken leg and road rash :(:(:( He's not a young man either, I believe he must be in his mid-60's at least. Let's wish him healing mojo!!! (((((mojo)))))

Well I did very well today eating-wise, at least. yay for that.

Hi to all our other motorcycling chicks!

VermontMom
03-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Good morning! god, we have to move to another page someday! :D

chicks, I am trying something different. I am on the South Beach diet. First two weeks are just lean meats, low- or nofat dairy, tons of veggies (but no sweet or starchy ones) and I am doing fine. I HAVE to break my addiction to sugar and starches!! Having any at all just sets me up to crave more. So I'll keep you posted, but OMG, do you see how close to breaking the 170's I am? :carrot:

Onto motorcycling. I have to go online today and decide on a new pair of boots. I almost bought new ones last year, but squeezed one more season out of my trusty dingos. But the poor things have like 60,000 riding miles on them :eek: so they have done their duty!

And I;m going to start tanning gradually. I wrestle with this decision each year; I take full responsibility for what I am doing.

I have two YouTube vids for you - ours! The are the work of my dh. They're not professional, but I think they're good. The Myrtle Beach one is shorter, maybe 4-ish minutes, and peppier music. The St. Louis Arch Meet is much longer, like 7 minutes, slower-paced music, but that was my first ever road trip, first long distances, and on my little trusty VLX600

Myrtle Beach road trip 2004 (girls in bikinis and chaps, for those who need that warning):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RESQIr5qj8&feature=related

Meet You Under the Arch 2003;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUPBLlmIDkI

VermontMom
03-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Good morning!

I decided which boots to get, I'll try to attach a pic -

http://hellscupcakes.com/gallery/albums/userpics2/thumb_2469.jpg

There were so many to choose from, i would love something that had a little higher heel, a little sexier, but then reality smacked me upside the head :D and I decided on something that had a rugged, lugged oil resistant sole, padded ankle, etc. for protection and performance.

VermontMom
03-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey, my boot pic didn't show...I uploaded it first to our site, but dh just told me that only approved sites get to link to ours. I need for him to approve this site :D

I did a new tape today; I was cleaning my videotape rack (another sign that I'm progressing back to my pre-depressed self :D) and I found Petra Kolber (sp?) Interval Training. Its only 38 minutes long but whoa she kicked my butt :devil: Aerobics that you can modify 3 ways; then short (kinda too short ) strength intervals; and three or 4 intensity intervals (when you do a one minute burst of intense aerobics)

It's always good to throw a change to your body, and I needed to rest my upper bod from yesterday's Gilad shoulders and arms workout.

Are we on page 12 yet?!?:p

VermontMom
03-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Are we on page 12 yet?!?:p

god, we still are!

VermontMom
03-16-2008, 08:57 AM
https://www.leatherup.com/imagesproc/47423_H_SH315_MW355.jpg

Well there are my new boots! ordered them yesterday :carrot:

Snowed again a bit overnight, but it seems a little milder this morning. It's almost 40 degrees! but overcast. We need ALOT of warmth and melting and rain up here!!

I looked in my journal from last year and I had my first ride on April 15th or so.

Had another good eats day yesterday, no slip ups so far.

HI TO EVERYONE, I'm holding down the fort here :D

ChopperChick355
03-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Those are awesome looking boots, I am also needing some new ones this year. Where did you order them through? I wish the weather would start cooperating so that we can get our motorcycles out to ride it seems like a forever ending winter.....

VermontMom
03-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi reda, I got them from leatherup.com. I haven't ordered from there before, so I hope everything's cool :cool:

ChopperChick355
03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the site I will have to go out and look. Looked at your videos looked like you had a great time. I keep trying to talk everyone into taking a 10 day trip somewhere but having issues getting everyone to set a date. Of course for some it is a vacation time issue and money since we take a carribean vacation in January and always go to Sturgis in August, that is those are the best times. Have you ever been to Sturgis Rally?

ChopperChick355
03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
VermontMom looked up the site they are very reasonable thanks again.

VermontMom
03-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Reda - we haven't been to Sturgis but oh, we sure want to!! Problem is, with husband's current job, he has only 2 weeks vacation a year, and he is not allowed to take unpaid vacation.

We have a couple other functions we just don't want to give up (Harley Rendezvous, EasyRiders Rodeo at Chillocothe Ohio, Myrtle Beach in spring) ...and my busiest time at work is August :shrug: Sooooo....we just have to win a lottery or something ;)

I have to be a bonehead and ask if you could reacquaint me with your bike(s)?

VermontMom
03-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Good evening chicks :)

Got up, worked out, ate breakfast, went to work, ate lunch, came home, had supper, and am here :D

VermontMom
03-18-2008, 09:23 AM
Good morning chicks -

got up 2 hours earlier because I realize I need to!! so I was able to surf my forums on the 'net, have my coffee, exercise, cook enough breakfast food to divide for breakfast and lunch; and will actually have time to go to bank and another errand before work.

For my breakfast/lunch food, it's kinda a frittata. I saute broccoli, fresh spinach, red pepper in a teaspoon of olive oil (and a spray of Pam) until they get a nice char. Well the spinach is too wet to char. Then dried minced onion and seasoned salt; then the eggbeaters. LIke I said, I make a double batch and save the other half to take for lunch.

for afternoon snack I bring 1 or 2 cups of unflavored, plain, nonfat yogurt (oh yum :devil:) and sweeten it with a splenda. Keep in mind that pre-diet, I would have whatever tempted me, and that was ANYTHING!!! And I can have about 12 or so whole almonds; toasted, they're sooo good.

dinner is a chicken breast (gets a little tiresome) and green salad. I'm also 'allowed' to have a little cup of ricotta dessert, which is 1 cup lowfat ricotta blended with a splenda packet. I then sprinkle straight cinnamon on top, it's gooood.

Yesterday I had to waste a precious half hour of my morning time to call a credit card company; there were 6 unauthorized charges from some .com outfit in Cananda! and it was a new, unactivated account!!! so I mouthed off and said I thought it was an 'inside job' from Chase. They were so offended by that :devil: and said that it had to be from a random number generator. anyhoo, we're not responsible and it will be investigated. and a new account created. Always check your monthly statements!!!

My new boots will hopefully ship soon. I didn't ask for any speedy delivery. Because it's 0 degrees this morning :rolleyes: there's no rush.

Hope some of ya's come back here soon :hug:

ChopperChick355
03-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Vermontmom- Sturgis is a blast and totally understand the vacation thing as my husband only gets 11 days a year and we haven't miss sturgis in the last 20 years and we have said a couple of times we aren't going this year but then by June we are going just can't miss it. We would love to make it to Daytona some year but will have to give something up to do that and that time of year would mean we would have to haul the bikes living in SD we get snow yet that time of year. We don't want to give up our relaxing Cancun trip that we take in January each year because that is usually a well needed vacation.
I am so with you on winning the lottery maybe someday...., we can be optimistic about it can't we.
As for bikes I currently have Vstar 1100 Custom bike but I have been looking for a new bike I am just having a hard time parting with this one since I had it customized to fit me to a t----. The seat was fitted for my behind the foot pegs where fitted for my leg length and the handlebars were also custom for my arm length as well. I did also lower the bike didn't really need to but it was a better fit. Anyways husband keeps wanting me to get a Harley because that is what he rides and I have been looking I just can't seem to find the right one maybe someday.

You will have to let us know when you get your boots and if they are pretty true to size I am usually a 7 1/2-8 but yet in some boots a 7 1/2 is to big.

Sounds like your meal plan for the day is right on track.

I had 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites this morning for breakfast.
Snack will probably be a cheese stick
Lunch is wheat tortilla with ham and lettuce and light ranch dressing also will be having grapes
Snack will be an apple today
Supper well it will be something with Chicken probably chicken salad.
Go to play poker tonight so I will probably have a couple of beers but I do drink Mich Ultra if that is any consolation

Well have a great day and I will try to log on later this afternoon.

chick_in_the_hat
03-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Holly - is there a reason you are sticking to chicken breast? It would get old hecka fast. Dunno much about South Beach. I eat a lot of NF plain yogurt - I put sugar free jam in it. :T The boots are cute! :cb:

reda - I need to check out Cancun someday - I married a Mexican so we go down evey year. I shoulda thought it out beforehand tho - he's not from anywhere near the beach. :mad: I guess it's not quite worth trading him in for. :s:

We are actually headed down to Guanajuato on Saturday - for a week. :carrot:

ChopperChick355
03-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Gina if the beach is fairly close I would at least drive there for a day. It is very relaxing at the resort we stay at because it is all-inclusive (wouldn't do it any other way but all-inclusive) and you can literally lay on the beach and they serve you whatever you want from food to drinks. Being in Mexico it is international so we check in at home every morning and evening for a breif 2-3 minute call but other than that no cell phones or any phones for that matter. I hear yeah about the chicken but I probably eat chicken 6 out of the 7 days a week but I am not much of a beef eater and I don't eat any type of seafood.
Looking at your before and current pics it seems that you have fun when you go to Mexico as well. Any you really are looking good what an accomplishment....

VermontMom
03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Good morning! though we got fresh snow and the wind is blowing and I'm sic of this!!!!

HI Gina! How's your arm? :hug: The chicken breast is because, when I come home, that's about all that the dh cooks for himself :D well the other night we each have a lean ground beef patty. And I could always have a nice swordfish steak :) or open a can of tuna (more likely)

ChopperChick355
03-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh no more snow, Monday we got more along with sleet, but today it is in the 50's so it was really nice but my circle drive is gravel and it is a mud hole right now can't even get bike out of garage to street because it is to soft right now- darn it- I would have probably gotten it out for a bit today. Hope everyones day is going great!!!!

VermontMom
03-20-2008, 07:55 AM
good morning chicks! reda, how frustrating! we get the same situation here, an unpaved driveway, but it's only about 50 to 75 feet to the road. But there is still SOOOO much snow and ice (and packed ice on the driveway) that I despair of any melting. But it better be melted in 49 days! cause that's when we leave for Myrtle Beach :carrot:

Your bike sounds fantastic!! and that it fits you to a tee :cool: if you're happy with it, I'd say stick with it. But that's just coming from an avid metric rider :cool::D

Still haven't had one speck of flour, starch, sugar in almost 10 days. Can you believe that it's getting JUST a little easier. Think of me stuck behind the pastry counter at work from 3 until 6, with the platters of cookies and the oh-so-deadly-sweet-poisonous Easter cupcakes :devil:

I posted at the South Beach forum here, under their March exercise challenge. I have no particular goals except to do something every day.

MOre snow on the way here, possible 6-12". Or did I say that already, sheesh.

have a good one!

ChopperChick355
03-20-2008, 09:46 AM
YUCK more snow! I hope we are done now for the season but in South Dakota we have gotten snow on Mother's Day before so you never know. Anyways you work in a bakery that would be just way to hard being around all those sweet and yummy cupcakes and cookies.....
I suppose I should head off to work for the day as well will check back in later HAVE A GREAT DAY!

VermontMom
03-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh, getting snow in May is just so discouraging isn't it! but usually by that time it melts pretty quickly.

HOWever, it was SO FREAKIN COLD AND WINDY today!! we got probably 8 - 10" from the storm. But it never got out of the teens and the wind gusting...ahhhhhhh!!!!

But I've had another GOLD STAR day with exercising hard, and sticking one hundred freakin percent to my lean, clean eatin' :D

and I visited the tanning salon. For 5 minutes :devil: I believe in doing it gradually. But the warmth felt SOOOOO good.

I have another fact to show that my new depression med is working well. I had the initiative to clean a certain corner that was an absolute wreck for over a year. I don't know whether to be more ashamed of THAT, or more proud of myself :D

Well, have a nice night everyone!

ChopperChick355
03-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Well we have still had above freezing weather that last few days which has been great. As for the cleaning yeah I keeping looking at the laundry thinking I should be getting it done but then I think well there is tomorrow, that is Shame on ME!!! Well I was just going to ask if you have received your boots but looked back at the date and decided it is still probably to early for you to have received them yet....
Well hope everyones day is going great, Saturday is our bowling day well actually we bowled mixed team and our boys bowl with me and my husband so we get the family time in once a week now that they are out and living their lives.
Well have a great EASTER!!!!

VermontMom
03-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Hi Reda! thanks for asking about the boots - we've been following the tracking, and they really should have arrived today. Oh well. I still have oh, about 47 days before I really REALLY need 'em :D

We have beautiful blinding sun today, but it's still cold. I should get a current pic of what we still have here, in the way of deep snow.

I'm down another pound :carrot: and feeling really good, really in-control. I don't even care that tomorrow's Easter, so far I am not feeling left out that I won't be eating any candy. I want to lose much more than I want to have chocolate, for once!

I'll be at work tomorrow, from 11:00 am to ? :rolleyes: because my rat of a boss just says 'we'll play it by ear'. Jerk. He has NO consideration for his employees. He'll see me standing, quickly eating my lunch (brought from home) and he won't suggest that I sit for even 5 minutes. Ya know, eating standing up is not very good for the tummy! :mad:

okay, I'll be out of that joint at the end of April, I can deal until then :p

Everyone have a great Saturday!

ChopperChick355
03-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Down a pound that is awesome, I wish I could get that motivated again. But I am going to get motivated because like you said not to many days left before riding season starts full force. Yeah
Where is it that you work? I also stand and eat alot of the time as well. I supervise 10 convience stores so I travel everyday but I do get home every night for supper. I hope you get your boots soon because I am curious about the size thing because I need to order some as well, I found some on that web site that I really like as well they are ones that come up over the calf which is great because once in a while I do wear shorts while riding in town but like to wear over the calf boots because the pipes do get hot.
Well have a great Easter and don't work to hard tomorrow :)

VermontMom
03-22-2008, 09:24 PM
My boots came this afternoon!! :carrot:

Oh, they are so nice...so deep black and brand new, that leather smell wafting up...they are HEAVY DUTY!! they are heavy!! tomorrow I'll weight myself, then weigh myself with the boots, but they feel like they're at least four pounds each :eek: But I wanted something like that.

I put 'em on and drove to town to do errands, and to start the breaking in process. But I don't think they'll need breaking in. I mean they're stiff, but firm-stiff. I think once I'm on the bike, with the regular flexing of the ankle when I shift, they'll loosen up a bit.

Size - wise, they are exactly what I'd expect. I wear an 8 1/2 in a sneaker (I mean athletic shoe :D) but have always asked for a 9 when I get a boot, to allow for a thicker sock; and I always put in a pair of cushiony insole things like Dr. Scholls. They of course, add cushioning but also add insulation for warmth. With all the chilly riding I do, my feet are rarely too warm.

So these are a 9, and maybe with a thin sock they would feel a teensy bit loose; but with a regular sock they are fine, and I know they'll be fine with my thicker wool socks.

So I would say these Extreme X boots are true to size.

I'm taller with them, and having some heavy-duty bike boots on me always gives me that biker swagger :devil:

Had another on-track day today. Tomorrow will be the end of the first two-week South Beach Phase 1. Now I get to slowly and carefully introduce some of the previous off-the-list foods, such as fresh fruit, and whole grain bread, whole wheat pasta, etc. I'm almost afraid to, I'm feeling so good with just the lean proteins, eggbeaters, tons of veggies, lowfat dairy, and nuts as a treat.

I would love to do a challenge and see just .... how... long...I can go without sugar, such as a cookie or whatever.

I think there is less flab around my tummy/hips...that is so cool. And I feel strength from the exercising. Just have to lose some more fat, and keep working on the muscles.

just wanted to let you know about the boots! :D

VermontMom
03-22-2008, 09:45 PM
oops - forgot to answer you where I work. ****! it feels like it :rolleyes: :)

It's a small deli/bakery/convenience store, and it used to be that my biggest pain was the rude customers; but now it's the boss. Very stingy, very inconsiderate. I really, really should look for another job come next winter!

BUT my May to October job is a peach, for me. It's a private fly-fishing club tucked away in the woods 3 miles from a paved road. We serve 3 meals a day/7 days a week during the season. It's just open to members and their invited guests. There is lodging for about 80 ppl, tops.

It's a 100+ years old building (recently a cool million spent on renovations) set on the shore of Lake Mansfield, which is stocked with trout for the members to try to catch (fly fishing only, and each catch is recorded and paid)

My job is to provide the baked yummies for each meal. Muffins, homemade granola, for breakfast; a dessert for lunch and a dessert for dinner. I also fill in for the breakfast/lunch person by cooking breakfast for his two mornings off a week. And once in a while I'll be a hero and volunteer to do lunch, also. And I've filled in as dishdog (dishwasher) when needed.

I can make whatever I want for those desserts. I'ts mostly cookies or bars for lunch, and cake or pie for dinner, but I am free to do whatever! Rice pudding, eclairs, turnovers, creme caramel, custard with fresh fruit, whatever!

I love going outside to the brook and picking fresh mint to use as garnish, or puree' it with some hot heavy cream to make an infusion to flavor a brownie frosting. I love having the guests knock at the kitchen entrance, asking if they can compliment the pastry chef or ask for a recipe, ,please.
I love fixing nice platters for the staff meals (they always groan, but always hoover it down! :D)

I sent in a recipe to Taste of Home for one of their contests, and won! and got printed in both the magazine, and one of their hard-bound collections. My mom was so proud.

besides absolutely loving the job, and super people, it's my commute on my bike that is also such a bonus!!! 25 miles each way through Vermont countryside.

I hate my winter job so much, but they take me back each winter knowing that as of April 30th, I'm outta there! and I don't return til the Club closes for the season.

OK I've blabbed enough :D

ChopperChick355
03-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Way to go with staying OP again today:bravo:. Thanks for the info on the boots now I can look again and then place my order especially since it did not take very long to get them:thanks:... I do also carry all my extra weight in the tummy and boob area and for me that is th hardest place to loose it at as well:(
Well with Easter tomorrow I will probably be alittle off plan but come Monday it will be back OP full force. I need to loose about 10 more pounds then I am going to see a specialist about having a mammaplasty I have been considering it for several years but have always chickened out and wanted to loose some weight first now I am down to the last ten pounds then I am going. Well anyways enough about me you keep enjoying those boots and I would keep doing like you and wearing them alittle at a time to break them in:dizzy:
Again HAPPY EASTER:easter2:

ChopperChick355
03-23-2008, 12:43 AM
Wow didn't see the next message but it does sound like you do have an awesome summer job, that would be great and people are there on vacation to have fun which makes your job even better. I would love to have a job like that but don't see that in the near future or as long as we want all the toys and taking the vacations that we take. And to have a commute where you get to ride:carrot:I do miss that about 4 years ago I also had a 30 mile commute one way which I would ride my cycle, boy did that $save alot on gas and I got a ride in. I still couldn't be around pastries all day if I was I would probably have alot more weight to loose then I do now:). Have a good evening

rebelridergirl
03-23-2008, 08:17 PM
:bunny2::easter:Happy Easter everyone!:egg::easter2:

I just finished Spring Break...so I'm trying to psych myself up for work tomorrow...uck! It's amazing how fast vacations go!!

Lately, I've been doing really good staying OP and losing. Having the time off work kind of threw my schedule, though, so that will be 1 good thing about going back.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend!

msjul
03-24-2008, 06:23 AM
Hi there! This is my first post ever, but this seems the appropriate place to be. I ride an 83 yamaha 650 maxim, just got it last summer. I can't believe I waited so many years to get a bike. Now more than ever I hate winter, and in Cleveland it just won't seem to end. The itch to ride is so strong, it's unbelievable. Anyways, I weighed 310 on Feb 10, now 286, goal 155. I snapped because my husband and some friends are planning a trip to Dollywood this year, and I don't want to go. Why? I probably won't fit on some of the rides. So it's time to do something about it. I had been going to the gym, and loved? the elliptical, until I hurt my foot because I do nothing in moderation. (like eating, riding the motorcycle, or pounding the elliptical until I get plantar fascitis) I'm starting by taking a diet suppressant, and dieting 4 days on, one day off to keep the metabolism up. So far I'm doing well. Hopefully losing some of the weight will allow the foot to heal, then I'll discontinue the suppressant and replace it with exercise again. Well, Happy belated Easter to all!

VermontMom
03-24-2008, 07:43 AM
WELCOME msjul!!! sorry to hear of your foot injury - and congrats on your weight loss so far!!!

HI REBEL!!!so good to hear from you! and congrats to YOU on your losing!

-msjul - we have cyber friends in Ohio, and they tell us of the pounding winter they've been having - almost as bad as Vermont, LOL! in fact an Ohio friend just took the MSF course YESTERDAY - on Easter Sunday - in 17 degree temp and they had half a foot of snow the day before! :shock but she passed!!!

ChopperChick355
03-24-2008, 10:05 AM
GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!!!
Welcome aboard msjul riding is the best experience anyone could have besides having the beloved children....Hope everyones day goes well but from the last hour for me it is for sure a Monday....:)

beautypursuer
03-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Hiya,
I'm not new to dieting but I did just get back to it. I have been wrestling with how I want to get down to the girl that's inside me- and I decided to do a protein power plan started on March 24th.
I took the MSF class in the summer of 2006, but haven't practiced all that much. I have a rebel 450 that I call my baby bike. I rode behind my husband until he got a custom chopper in 2006, but fortunately for him, I had already decided I wanted to learn how to ride. I do miss riding behind him still though.
I do want to have a new pic on my bike with a new body and that is part of my motivation as well.
I lost 38 lbs about 9 yrs ago doing the protein power plan which includes strength training, so I'm giving it a week to see if it will work again this time, although it will likely go slower.
My highest non pregnancy weight hovers around 200. I am currently 190 and would like to get to 135. although if I like how I'm feeling at 145 that's fine too.
It's cool to have a place to combine bikes and goals at the same time.

VermontMom
03-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi and welcome beautypursuer!! The 'first time around' that I lost weight (in 2002, went from 172 to 145) the thought of motorcycling was my big motivator also. Let's face it, a woman on a bike is hot, but a hot woman on a bike is WOW :D

I very rarely ride behind my husband, like only when we have to, but I still enjoy it also.

What is your protein plan like? I can do the exercise fine, it's eating that is my challenge.

well, glad you joined us! :carrot:

ChopperChick355
03-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Welcome beautypursuer!
Good Morning Vermontmom and anyone else coming into this thread!

Vermontmom how are your boots still feeling have you been able to wear them at all again? Is your last days coming up soon with your winter job? :)
I did get to ride the motorcycle on Tuesday afternoon for a bit but then yesterday we were back down to 30 degrees and this morning we got about 3 + inches of snow again...WILL IT EVER JUST QUIT!!!!

beautypursuer what is the protein power plan all about?
Everyone have a great day!

beautypursuer
03-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I first got the book called "Protein Power" by Dr. Eades 10ish years ago. It is similar to Atkins but has different parameters. I have the book on hold at the library so I can refresh my memory on the phases. They also recommend resistance training because your feeding your muscles by consuming enough protein and then train the muscle to be strong. the more strong muscle you have the more fat you burn. Depending on how much you have to lose you start in phase 1 or 2. Phase 1 requires that you eat enough protein to support you Lean Body Mass (they tell you how much that is) and limit your carbs to under 30g a day. In the end when you are maintaining you beautiful body you still eat the right amount of protein, increase to a healthy carb count which means you'll eat whole grain products and fruit for your carbs and when you do find you've gotten off track a bit, you can cut your carbs for a few days and get it under control. Eating low carb is the easiest for me because you don't have to worry about the fat content without the carbs to store it as fat, you can have food that tastes good. Basically I eat eggs, meat, salads, vegs. You can type in Protein Power Eades and find their website. I can give you more details if you want after I refresh myself with the books.
I forgot to mention who we ride with before. We used to ride with a great organization called Bikers Against Child Abuse. We stepped down from our membership in that group because of time commitments and family issues we were having. Now hubby rides in "The Messengers MC". They are a Christian group that minister to other Motorcycle Clubs.
Looking forward to sharing our bike stories. My first goal is to get practicing on my bike and take a trip on the freeway (havent' done that yet).

VermontMom
03-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Thanks for that info on your plan, bp! (okay if I use that as a handle? :D)

hi reda, WOW I am happy for you that you got a ride in!! and stinks about the continuing winter for you. But at least you got a little 'fix'. You must have had a HUGE grin on your face!! and lifted your spirits.

We had a nice amound of melting happen yesterday, we can see one third of the gravel of the driveway now. But the rest of the drive is packed ice and snow. The roads are no where near good for riding; there is SO much sand, gravel, and grit everywhere. We really have to wait for the spring rains to wash some of that crud off before we can hit the roads.

bp - how many lanes are there on a California freeway? I've had it lucky, I learned in the relative calm and peace of country roads, then onto a simple two lane state interstate; then some slightly scarier traveling on road trips. But each time would bolster my confidence.

I'm going to try to do some time on the elliptical each night, in addition to my morning work-out. I find the elliptical SO boring, even with it in front of the tv, but it's worth it if I can burn some more calories and build some more muscle.

reda - I really should be wearing my boots around the house...thanks for the reminder! and my crappy winter job is over April 30th...that translates to count of 24 actual work days (that's just counting 5 work days a week) or it translates to 34 days to pass. See I've got it all figured out :devil:

AND 44 days until we leave on the bikes for Myrtle Beach! :scooter:

I had a great day with eating today, I've been lucky I've only had the slightly offplan Easter; and a cookie yesterday :eek: but I don't think that's too bad. Today was my usual, which I might eventually get sick of, but I haven't for like two weeks;
I saute in 1 TB olive oil; fresh broccoli, onion, red pepper, sometimes green beans, and fresh spinach; then dump in the Eggbeaters. I make a big skillet, cause I have half for breakfast and pack the other half for lunch. For afternoon snack I have a cup of yogurt; and / or a cheese stick. Tonight's dinner was a burger patty with cheese. I should have had salad but didn't want it. Other nights it's usually chicken breast with salad.

Have a great night everyone :)

ChopperChick355
03-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Good Morning, I like that new handle "bp" for beautypursuer. So bp thanks for the information I will have to do a search to see what else comes up. Wow I as well started very slow I actually drive around my circle driveway first couple of days then went onto the road then after a month or so of around town I went on to our two lane highway then on to the Interstate as our highways and interstates have different speed limits. Now I travel everywhere but it has been 7 years of riding my own bike.
We don't ride with any certain organization just a bunch of good friends.
Hope everyone has a great day today as well.

ChopperChick355
03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Vermontmom well you do have the countdown going on that is great but at least you know that once you are done with your winter job that summer is close by and of course the riding. Do you go to Mrytle Beach for anything special?

VermontMom
03-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi Reda, we go because it's Spring Bike Week down there at that time. Hundreds of thousands of riders attend. We like it, because it's all spread out over 60 miles of coast, instead of being all squashed in like say, Laconia. So it isn't centralized like Sturgis, but still great.

It's especially great for us because it's early riding time for us, our first road trip of the year, and we crave the sun and warmth!! The leaves are barely coming out up here at that time, yet as we progress more South the spring greenery is more apparent on the NY Thruway; in northern NJ the crabapples are blossoming; and past Maryland it's full-on summer.

There are a couple biker bars we visit, one of them is crazy-great, it is huge, like a warehouse, with multiple bar stations inside, cages for ladies to dance in, and an inside burn out pit that has Plexiglass walls so bystanders can see; a closed-circuit TV showing the burn out to everyone else; and a HUGE exhaust fan to take care of the smoke :D

and you are exactly right about the end of the crummy winter job; once it's over, I know that Myrtle Beach is one week later; then the summer job and summer :D :carrot: and RIDING TIME!!!

VermontMom
03-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Just for fun - here's my exercise journal for this month. It's posted at the South Beach diet thread, March Exercise Challenge. Thank goodness for "copy and paste" :D The bold
numbers are running totals of minutes exercised.

1- (getting over sinus infection)
2 - "
3 - 15 minutes elliptical
4 - Karen Voigt tape (cardio and weights) 60 min.
5 - Gilad's Step and Tone tape 45 min.
6 - Karen Voigt tape 60 min.
7 - Step and Tone tape 45 min.
8 - Karen Voigt tape 60 min.
9 - Denise Austin Sizzler tape(cardio and weights) 45 min.
10 - Karen Voigt tape 60 min.
11- -Step and Tone tape with ankle weights45 min.
12 - Karen Voigt tape 60 min.
13 - Gilad 45/45 tape (strength/toning) 45 min.
14 - Keli Roberts Step tape and Gilad's Arm/Shoulders 1 hr. 10 min.
15 - Petra Kolber Cardio Interval tape 38 min.
16 - Karen Voigt tape 60 min.
17 - Denise Austin Sizzler tape 40 min. 748 so far
18 - Keli Roberts step tape 45 min.
19 - Gilad 45/45 tape (strength/toning) AND stepping 15 minutes while talking to my mom
20 - Karen Voigt tape 60 min. plus Gilads' Abs 12 min. 925
21 - -Step and Tone tape with ankle weights45 min.
22 - Karen Voigt tape 60 min.
23 - Happy Easter! Kelli Roberts step with weights 45 min.1075
24 - Keli Roberts step tape 45 min. AND Denise Austin Sizzler tape 40 min. (for Easter damage control)
25 - only 15 minutes of Keli Roberts step tape (time issues) then Petra Kolber Cardio Interval tape 38 min. = 50 approx. total
26 - Karen Voigt tape 60 min. AND 29 minutes on elliptical 1302
27 - -Step and Tone tape with ankle weights 45 min.
28 -
29 -

beautypursuer
03-29-2008, 02:11 AM
I havent' started my exercising yet, hopefully get something going tomorrow. I think my plan will be to alternate taking the dog for awalk and try this "Slow Burn" thing twice a week. I haven't had a chance to stick my nose too deep into the book I got but it looks like you exhaust your muscle groups using slow, intesnse and deliberate movements for 15minutes. I'll let you know how it goes. I do know that my muscles are already feeling stronger and more defined just by changing my eating to Low Carb and more protein.
We have two Interstates by our house they are both 2-4 lanes each direction with a speed limit of 60mph. My hubby is afraid that I'll go too slow on the freeway since everyone is doing more than 60mph. I'll practice in my neighborhood and then on the busy surface streets where the speed limit is 40 or so. I'm not sure when I'll get to practice more... I have a lot to do this weekend... I am fortunate to not have weather issues like y'all. My husband rides year round... I only ride on sunny days for now :)

ChopperChick355
03-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Vermontmom that sounds like an awesome trip and ride :flow2:. We don't get to take a trip well more than 120 miles one way till June and we are still trying to decide where we are going.:?: It again is to cold to do any riding around here and of course we have been having 40-80 mile/hr winds, I just wish the nice weather would get here soon....

Beautypursuer it sounds like you have a plan all laid out and that is a good thing:carrot:. I need to get my butt in gear and start exercising but I have been alittle lazzzzzy lately.

Oh yeah great job on the exercise Vermontmom that is awesome:cp:maybe if I start logging my exercise it will show me just how lazy I have been and that will motivate me to get going. Well have a great night and Sunday.

ChopperChick355
03-30-2008, 11:38 PM
Shoot just got done watching the news and we are expecting another 6-10 inches of snow!!!:( This is getting ridiculous and I am getting depressed because of the weather I just need for winter to be over with.
Anyways hope everyone has a great week this week and please everyone think SUNSHINE ;) for me.

VermontMom
03-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Oh no, reda, I am sorry to hear that!!!!! You have my utmost sympathy!!

We might get a day or two this week, of 40-ish degree temps, and maybe high 40's and sun on Thursday. And a day or two of rain would help ALOT.

beautypursuer, the 'slow burn' method sounds interesting. I know I saw a Bally's commerical that showed something like that, you do a controlled hold with a weight for like 10 seconds or so? I forget exactly, but I can see how that would be very effective, without having to do alot of reps.

I did have a cookie at work yesterday :( but I thoroughly enjoyed it :D and as it was my second cookie in like three weeks, as compared to at least one a day, that's okay by me.

I am enjoying work this week - how often do you hear me say that? - because my rat b*st*rd boss is out of town! yay! Makes such a difference.

well, I'm waiting for dh and ds to leave, so I can have the living room to myself to work out :D

have a great day, chicks!! come on Spring!

VermontMom
03-31-2008, 08:29 AM
OH!! a co-worker told me she thought I looked "smaller" or "thinner" (I forget which word she used, I was so delirous :D) I had been wearing very loose, all black shirts for the past few months, (hiding myself :( ) and yesterday I did have a top on that wasn't baggy. And jeans that are still a size 12, but the ones i had one yesterday were a little more form fitting.

:carrot:

ChopperChick355
03-31-2008, 10:51 AM
You know a cookie once in a while is okay :^: just so that it is not daily like before.:nono:

Well enjoy this week then, how do they say that "while the boss is away the mice will play" or maybe in this case you may just like coming to work this week???:o maybe?

Well we are getting the promised snow and it is heavy and very wet snow so it should melt right away hopefully....I do believe then they are calling for 50 degree and rain later on in the week as well, I guess this is South Dakota and you never know what our weather is going to do and then throw in the global warming makes it even more different.

You know the "slow burn" sounds interesting I will have to look into that a little further, I did buy a knockoff "bowflex" but have not gotten it set up yet but need to get to that soon, I think I would like to start with that before moving to "free weights" as they say "free weights" are better for building muscle then using any machine.

Well have a great day everyone!

beautypursuer
03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
We used to have bowflex and liked using it. Good luck with yours. The bowlfex type machines are supposed to be closer to free weights than the pully type machines because you are still having to use your auxiliary muscles to pull the resistance.
I'm not exactly sure why, but every time I come up with a great plan, I go into a funk and totally sabotage the whole thing. I'm not throwing in the towel this time until I'm at my real weight though.
Hope you all have a great week as well.

Oh and I skimmed through the slow burn book. So far, it looks very complicated as far as have a metronome and a digital timer and weights (or milk jugs of water) measured in 1/2 pound increments.

I just really need things to be simple or I will try to do them perfectly and then not do it at all because it wasn't perfectly set up. Uggh.

I also think I go into this sabotaging funk when I have emotional stuff to deal with and I've had that this week too. Blah Blah Blah!

ChopperChick355
04-01-2008, 09:54 AM
I hear ya BP we do think alike. I always do really good then I to sabotage, well actually I do really good get within 2-5 pounds of my goal and then I plateau and then I go into the spiral of why why why and start gaining it back again, I hope this time that I get past that since I understand that. But I do the emotional eating thing as well or like yesterday had a snow day so I cleaned house but thought oh I can make the DH and DS some homemade cookies then I had to eat not just 1 but 2 of them plus a little cookie dough tooooo. :( Then tonight is poker night and I usually do have a couple of beers (michelob ultra) if that is any consolation.
Yeah I do believe I am going to try to get the bowflex setup next week as we are out of town on a fun trip this weekend we are leaving Thursday night and coming back on Sunday, I will be taking my laptop so hopefully I will have some time to check in at least once a day.
Have a Great Day!!!!

beautypursuer
04-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Ok, new plan for me! My mood levels are too low (already on meds for depression... uggh), my aunt Flo is on the way (time of the month) and my emotions are on high tension. I signed up to take a 5 week class on dealing with grief and the closer the class gets, the more emotional eating I want to do. I am giving up on dieting until the class is over and then I'm going to reassess what I want to do. I know that a lot of garbage is going to come up over the coming weeks and I don't think I'll have the energy to focus on dieting and processing the junk at the same time. I am not saying that I'm going to give into binge eating and feeding my emotions though. My plan is to focus on intuitive eating and walking at least a few weeks. I'd also like to do some deep breathing once a day. I know that if I can just get all of the emotional junk out of my body, that half my battle with my weight will be conquered. Oh and my job will change next week as well just to add to the mix (more hours and new responsibilities) :)

ChopperChick355
04-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Wow you do have alot going on right now and it is most important to focus on what is most important and that is the inner you then once that is done you can focus on weight which figuring out that part may help with the weight as well. Job change well hopefully that is a good thing and something you want? More hours well that is not always a good thing but will help keep you busy if needed. I have alot of stress with my job and the last 2 weeks have been ALOT stressful so stressful that those around me have noticed without anything being said, not good. So my DH is taking me out of town in the morning for a weekend away with friends to let loose and gave a good time, I have been told that I am to leave all work worries behind they just understand that is hard to do because they all have bosses and can do that but I am the boss so it is hard to do....... Anyways the weather is looking up thank goodness because I think that is part of my depression going on right now, I need sunshine :). Well not sure if I will be able to check in this weekend or not so Have a Great Weekend and hope all works out for you. Oh yeah what kind of job do you have?

VermontMom
04-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi ladies, sorry I've been inactive here for a couple days; i mean I've been working out each day BUT had a major crash from my good eating and have had big bad stuff each day for 3 days :( and when I'm ashamed of myself, I always keep away from here 'cause I feel like a big fat fraud. I'm trying to get a better attitude starting this minute. :^:

beautypursuer, wow you do have alot to deal with. I wish you strength to get through it :hug:

hi reda :) have a nice weekend off with your friends!

We will be working on chopping ice from the front of the garage this weekend, so we can facilitate getting the bikes out. We haven't had any spring rains yet though, and that's what we really need to wash the LONG winter's worth of salt, sand, gravel, grit off the roads. And to help with melting this ugly white stuff!

VermontMom
04-04-2008, 10:55 AM
and it kills me but I moved my ticker back up to 170. It WAS at 165, 166. Big sad face. :(

chick_in_the_hat
04-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Holly baby :hug: Back on track, sweetie!! Just say no to cookies. I know you can!!

Reda - have fun on your weekend break!! Kick up those heels! :carrot:

BP - Hey fellow Sacratomato biker gal! I'm over by the Med Center...East Sac...it sounds like you have a lot to work thru, I think your plan sounds pretty logical. Sending :goodvibes your way.

I was off last week in Mexico hanging out with the InLaws - it was a nice break. I started physical therapy for the tennis elbow...I even have home work! :dizzy: The weather here has been nice for a while...somebody who is sick of snow wanna come over and take my scoot out for a spin? Poor Vespa. No way I can ride with this elbow...that's the clutch and gears arm. (Clutch is a lever like a normal bike, gears are a twisting motion...hurts like a mutha:mad:)

VermontMom
04-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Gina - welcome back!!!!!! :carrot: I missed you, but knew you were in Meh-hee-co.

I WISH i could exercise your Vespa for you! Sooo very sorry your elbow is not healed.

beautypursuer
04-05-2008, 12:55 PM
The first class was hard but good. I'm glad I went and I know God is going to do a great work in me because of it.

Holly- It's only normal to avoid places we feel accountable when we are holding the reigns that are leading us down not so great paths :) I'll be thinking sunny thoughts to melt the snow.

Reda- sounds like you have a great support system to have them take it upon themselves to get you out of town. I'll be praying you can really leave it behind and restore yourself with some R & R. I work at our church and I am looking forward to this change and the xtra money. I'm fortunate to have a daycare gal that pours a lot of love into my kids, probably more than I can when I am dealing with all this emotional junk.

Gina- that is so cool that you are so close. I am off of Fruitridge near Stockton, about 5 min from Med Center.

chick_in_the_hat
04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
LOL...I'm closer than you think...I'm off of Stockton at 13th Ave.

VermontMom
04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Good morning chicks. I spend about an hour working on the ice/snow in front of the garage yesterday...would have been easier but someone left a hand truck right in front of it, and it is solidly frozen to the ground..and it's in the way of me flinging the shovelfuls of snow...so I dug down as far as I could, so hopefully if the sun shines on the metal today, it will help the melting.

We still have big areas of our driveway that have 6" thick packed snow/ice, when the edges get a little soft then I can use our metal shovel and chop at it.

Maybe, MAYBE next week we'll be able to get the bikes out!! because we have about 4 days of sun predicted, with temps in the low to mid 50's! and then some rain on Thursday and Friday, which is also good for melting and for washing the accumulated crud off the roads.

ONe hour on the elliptical Friday, one hour yesterday, and 30 minutes today plus a cardio/weights tape.

gotta get ready for work. I have it figured out precisely - I have only about 9 more days of work when the boss is there....11 more days when the irritating, rude co-worker is there...and 19 more days of the whole place :D

flsunbakd
04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Hey Chickies! I've truely missed you!

Sounds like all of you are moving right along with eating plans and exercising. YAY You!

Holly....Myrtle Beach is fast approaching and I know you'll be ready for the party :-) and your ticker will be moving in the downward direction soon. Just say NO to cookies! LOL

Gina, welcome back from Mexico....wish I had in-laws there! I love to go to Meh-hee-co. It sounds like you're getting some relief with your elbow...I hope all goes well for you so that you'll be out there on your scoot really soon.

Reda, I totally hear you about the sabotaging backward spiral once we get close to our goal. I do it too, have done it over and over for decades! Let me know when you figure out how to win that battle.

Welcome BP! You will probably think I'm new because it's been so long since I've had a minute to post!

Yes, Chicks, I have finished my Nursing Assistant class and may I boast....AT THE TOP! Yep, 98.5! I also finished part one of my Medical Terminology class with 100 on the final. So it's a proud time for this going-back-to-school-Gramma-starting-a-brand-new-career at age 57!!! I loved every single minute of my class and clinicals at the nursing/rehab center. BUT here's the best news: I got the job I was after at one of local hospitals; working on the Cardiac Medical Unit!!!! I'll be working with pre and post cardiac cath patients and with patients who are there for heart-related evaluations. It's a pretty busy unit with people generally coming and going every three days. I start on April 14....BUT and it's a BIG BUT....I have to pass my State Certification Evaluation this Thursday the 10th. My job is pending a good outcome so I really, REALLY need your help! Please pray that I will have peace, confidence, and skill on Thursday! I need all the help I can get to pass the clinical skills test where they give you 5 skills to do and grade you as you role-play them. (I hate role-playing--it's so much easier to do it in real-life!) It's easy to fail if you're nervous and your brain totally turns off under pressure. I need as many positive thoughts flowing my was as possible...and I know I can depend on my dear Biker-Chickies!

As far as my weight goes....I have no clue! I just know that when I start my new job I'll be running 5 to 6 miles a day through that Cardiac Medical Unit, so I should be able to drop my school-related stress pounds. I"m definitely not going to make my Birthday Goal....it's April 22!

As far as riding goes, we've been running our errands on our bike every chance we get, but have had no time for any longer rides since we rode to Daytona a couple of weeks ago. We're both off next weekend, so I'm hoping for good weather!! It's been bloody hot & humid for April!! Our local BikeFest is coming up, but I don't know if our schedules are going to allow us to attend. I'm sure we'll fit SOME kind of riding in that week tho!

More Thursday when I come home either elated or devastated!!

rebelridergirl
04-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Hi Everyone!

It's so good to catch up on everyone's events, good and bad...

Gina- Sorry to hear about your tennis elbow. I am wishing a speedy recovering for you, girl!

Holly- Your workouts are awesome! Keep it up and the ticker will go back down again!

Reda- Enjoy your weekend.

Jill- you have such exciting news! I will be thinking and praying for you to pass the state evaluation, but I'm sure you'll do great! My sister in law is a CNA and she really loves her job in the surgical unit.

Bp- Hope you had a good weekend!

I actually got on my bike yesterday and was shocked that I hadn't forgot how to make it move. LOL. It's been awhile since I've been on it.

Have a great week ladies!

VermontMom
04-06-2008, 11:25 PM
OMG!!! Two of our steady chickies are here - HUGS! :hug:

Jill - dear, we will all be sending you peaceful, knowledgeble vibes ((((((good vibes!))))) on the day of your testing. BIG, BIG congrats on your top scores, you smart chick you :D what a joy for you to find a second career that you are loving. Yay to you!

Rebel - HI!! so good to hear from YOU :hug: Yay that you got on your bike!!

I had two good friends come visit at my work...on their bikes. I told them that they suck because I was so happy for them, and so jealous! We have so much ice still packed on our drive...and this is horrible...I peeked in the garage and there was/is a water leak, the whole floor is frozen with an inch of ice and yes the bikes are anchored in it :eek: Husband says don't fret, the ice will melt this week and we will assess what's what....again I say :eek:

well I didn't have anything I wasn't supposed to today; POP (that means Perfect on Program, right? :) ) so I just have to repeat that.

VermontMom
04-06-2008, 11:27 PM
THURSDAY THE 10TH - THINK OF JILL AND SEND HER BEST WISHES!!!

flsunbakd
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks SO MUCH for the positive thoughts and vibes, Holly & Reb! You just can't imagine how important your good wishes are for me!

Reb, it's SO good to see you here.....let's you and I make a pact to be better at visiting and posting. K? K.

Love You Guys....:hug::hug:

beautypursuer
04-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Jill- How cool to be still learning, growing and changing when so many others are pulling out of life and stuck in ruts. So many times the test is not as bad as we build it up to be in our minds. I remember being freaked out to the max when I had to go and take my RDA exam- but it turned out OK (although I don't use it anymore)

I've been doing intuitive eating (I've been eating much less at a time and I've been very diligent about assessing if I'm emotional or hungry before I eat) and started my new schedule this week as well as my 2nd grief class. I'd like to go for a walk a few times this week though.

I did have my bike out for a bit on Saturday and I too was happy that I remembered how to make it move. I practiced just a little bit last summer and then had nothing over the winter. But, I hadn't forgot much after all. I'm trying to talk hubby into taking the bikes out on Friday for a date night and going to the parking lot where we had our MSF course before we have dinner.

rebelridergirl
04-07-2008, 11:07 PM
Bp- A Friday night date night on the bikes sounds wonderful!

Jill- I will try my absolute best to post more often...scouts honor!

Holly- Oh my goodness! An inch of ice in your garage? I hope there wont be any damage to your bikes.

I actually exercised today!! I did Walk Away the Pounds and it was alot of fun! Challenging, but not hard to follow. My goal is to get up early tomorrow morning, do yoga, and a Denise Austin workout (on Lifetime) and maybe a 15 min. segment of WATP after work. Wish me luck! My eating was ok. I did good for breakfast and lunch, but blew it on dinner.:(

Tomorrow I WILL exercise and I WILL eat 100% POP!!!!

:dust: to all you ladies, too!

VermontMom
04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Bp - that does sound like a wonderful date night with the hubster :D

Thank you for the :dust: Rebel!

and you WILL get the :goodluck: vibes from us Jill :hug:

Hi to Reda and Gina!

I had another POP today (Perfect On Plan). I was encouraged 'cause I stepped on the scale, expecting to see that 170 again that got me mad, and I'm back to 165. The fluctuations of the scale are crazy!! why don't I just throw it away? (because I know I can't manage that :) )

have a great night, ladies! :hug:

flsunbakd
04-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Just another note of thanks to you guys....as I study. HH is home today so I'll be practicing my clinical skills on HIM! LOL Wait til we get to the bedpan part. :D:D

bp....I love that you're planning a bike date nite! :hug: We do that every chance we get. Might have one tonite! And thanks so much for your encouraging test words. I so appreciate the support of all of you!

Holly....it's a GOOD SCALE day for you. Back to 165....because you're POP. I'm jealous! But just wait til I start my new job running the hospital halls 6 miles a day! Maybe I'll FINALLY be able to catch you! (See? I'm being POSITIVE!!) And OMG about that icey garage! I just can't relate to that being here in Florida!

Hey! ~~ Way to go, Reb, with exercising today! :carrot::carrot: I'm so glad we're all getting back to posting...aren't you? It's really what I needed.

Well....more later! Have a great day, Chickies!

ChopperChick355
04-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Hello Everyone!!! I had a great weekend with a few extra days off and it was awesome. We had a blast, I did not however stay OP at all this weekend, I sure didn't drink enough water as I had other things to drink this weekend.
Holly that is great news that the scale came back down so quickly, and I agree I would love to throw my away but as you put that would not be manageable....:) Wow that is alot of ice but it will melt very soon hopefully no real huge damage has been done to the bikes or the garage.
BP that sounds like a super plan with hubby plus getting a ride in as well that is right up there with the date with hubby LOL :)
Jill welcome back and look forward to visiting with you in the future OH and by the way GOOD LUCK Thursday you will do just fine, just don't sike yourself up to bad before hand.
Andrea great job with the exercising and staying motivated, I know you can do it by staying OP today.
Gina you are back from Mexico hope you had a good time and visits with family....
Everyone have a great day today and talk to you later!

rebelridergirl
04-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Reda- Welcome back! Glad to hear that you had a great weekend!

chick_in_the_hat
04-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Gotta start with :goodvibes to Jill on her test tomorrow. :hug: Go get em!!
Top of your class - :bravo:

Andrea - so good to see you back and riding too!! :wave:

Reda - isn't it wacky how much of a difference drinking lots of water can make? :dizzy:

Holly - check you out POPping along. :cb: I have no concept of a bike being frozen to the floor...what a draggggg...got a flamethower? Hmm...maybe not, huh? :flame:

BP - Date nite does sound like fun - I need to harrass DH to get his bike back together.

As for me - I went for my second therapy session yesterday, the arm is finally starting to feel better. I'm going to be very gentle with it for a while yet, but I'm psyched that there is improvement. :carrot: That reminds me - my bike needs some work, too.

VermontMom
04-10-2008, 07:24 AM
First - GOOD LUCK JILL!!! We're pulling for you today!! You wil rock that exam!

Second - Hubster got his bike and our 750 Kaw freed yesterday - now for mine!! HOpefully today or tomorrow. And he went for a 3 mile ride on his :D

Third - I heard BIRDS singing outside today!! such a pretty sound.

Okay, I'm pretty psyched :D If I weighed even less today that would be another :carrot: but same as two days ago. I need to stay off that scale for a week at a time, I have to work on that!

have a great day everyone! I'll keep you up on my bike progress.

VermontMom
04-10-2008, 10:38 AM
My bike is free! and on the driveway!! and she started after only five tries!! And I washed her and am gonna ride her to work!!!!!!!!!

woot!!! :scooter:

ChopperChick355
04-10-2008, 06:45 PM
So Jill how do you think the testing went today? I am sure that you did an AOK job with no worries.

:woohoo:The bike is out and free and obvisously calling your name that you already get to ride it. The weather must be getting nice for you. We had a some nice days but now today it has been raining all day and now here comes the sleet and snow again tonight and now we are getting a forecast of 9-12 inches. :flow1:But on the brighter side it is suppose to be 65 degrees on Sunday so hopefully this is the last of the snow....

Have a good night everyone

VermontMom
04-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Jill, let us know how you're feeling about today! :hug:

reda - Oh my gosh, I don't know how I'd handle the news of 9 - 12" of snow! But if it warms up to 65 on Sunday I would think that snow would be toast by then :devil:

I enjoyed my ride to work SOOO much. Everyone could tell from my manner that it was just what I needed.

I forgot how loud my bike is :cool: I think it is needed to alert cagers that I'm there, 'cause alot of them don't look!

Stayed on plan again today, it is So hard at work, with the piles of ....everything sweet and starchy. But I have resisted totally. I was wondering...if someone absolutely didn't have any stuff like that for a year, would they not crave it anymore? Maybe not...I'm thinking how an alcoholic in recovery still craves alcohol, even if they haven't had a drop in years. Yikes :(

I think someone wise might tell me that I need to think of it in a positive manner....that I am giving that stuff up to better my body, instead of thinking that I'm being deprived. Right? :D

I took an hour to wash my bike and shine her up, though I should have known that she was going to get a little dirty. But it was so nice to be outside washing her, hearing those birds singing, some warm sun...ahhh.

Everyone have a great evening, and we all hope Jill feels she aced it!

rebelridergirl
04-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Jill- :grouphug: I'm sure you did fantastic today on your exam!! We'll all be excited to hear the results!!!!!

Holly- Yay, that you got to get out and ride!:bike: I've often wondered the same thing that you mentioned about cravings after not having a certain food for awhile. I think that when I don't eat the things that I want somehow I think of it as punishment and I need to quit that thinking and start seeing how much I am GETTING out of not eating so much of the junk.

Reda- I'll keep my fingers :crossed: that you are going to be done with the snow!

Gina- It's good that you're seeing improvement with your arm. It's so frustrating to be out of commission, so I'm glad you're back on the mend!!:dancer:

Have a great Friday, chicks!

VermontMom
04-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Good morning! so glad I have off today. though the weather has turned much colder, and cloudy. No riding today. But at least I know she's there, ready for me.

Gina, oops and sorry I didn't comment on your arm :o I am so glad that there is some improvement, and hopefully you can get on your ride soon! :scooter:

Rebel - I am <duh> but what is TTC? :dizzy: and you're right...I need to switch the thought process to a postive manner. That I am going to get good results from not eating that stuff.

Hello to everyone else :hug:

chick_in_the_hat
04-11-2008, 04:32 PM
TTC = trying to conceive....or toon town central according to google. Kinda the same thing if ya think about it. :s:

VermontMom
04-11-2008, 04:49 PM
TTC = trying to conceive.

Oh! I see. I've obviously been out of the conceiving loop/lingo for a while :)

...or toon town central according to google. Kinda the same thing if ya think about it. :s:

:rofl:

yer a funny girl :D

ChopperChick355
04-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah the snow missed up buy only by about 30 miles, we have been getting rain that last 2 days but that is okay because it is suppose to dry up in the next couple of days. Well hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

flsunbakd
04-12-2008, 07:03 PM
:woohoo: Hi Chicks!! :woohoo:

Yes.....I PASSED....so I get to start my new job at the hospital on Monday. YAY ME! :dancer: :high: :twirly: :wizard:

:grouphug: THANK YOU SO SOOOOOOOO MUCH for all your :goodvibes positive vibes :goodvibes I just KNOW it had an impact on my clinical performance. It was really, REALLY hard to role-play for the nurse examiner. The written test was a cinch tho. I'm soooo glad it's over and am in PARTEEEEE mode this weekend. :devil:

HH has the weekend off and we rode about 160 miles today....it was our monthly HOG meeting too and we had a shrimp boil afterwards. Lots of fun and riding!

So glad to read that everyone is doing well and starting to see signs of spring and getting out there to ride. YAY YOU! :cheer:

More later! Have a great weekend ya'll!

flsunbakd
04-12-2008, 07:05 PM
OMG...

CONCEPTION???? My (dinosaur) eggs exited years ago! :D

Good luck to you tho Reb!!

VermontMom
04-12-2008, 11:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS JILL!!! Woohoo!!! We knew you could, but what a relief for you to have that part over, huh :D YAY to you!!

glad you got to celebrate and party with a nice long ride, HOG meeting and shrimp boil..Yummy!! I bet a couple ice-cold Coronas would taste soooo good with shrimp ;)

We knew the forecast for today - "cloudy, chance of rain and or snow showers" was incorrect, as the sky got clear and blue and it warmed up...so we geared up and rode about 60 miles before it started to get actually get cloudy and cool off. Husband got his bike inspected quickly, without an appointment, and I bought a new bellybutton jewel from the mechanic's wife, who has a boutique next to the shop. Fun :cool:

I can't believe this but I've caught another cold :( I can totally blame it on husband, who brought one home from the office :mad: I JUST got over my sinus infection March 1st!! I sure hope this is just a little silly cold that's over with in a week, but I felt so lousy yesterday, I didn't exercise at all. But I was able to do a gentle 30 minutes on elliptical today.

well that's it for tonight. Oh, we watched the DVD "I Am Legend". We're always like a year behind everyone else for current stuff :)

sleep tight! I love going to bed Saturday night, 'cause it's fresh clean sheet night :D

ChopperChick355
04-13-2008, 01:19 PM
Congratulations Jill that is awesome and new job Monday you will enjoy it.

Well it sounds like everyone has been able to get out and ride some well I think we will be able to this week as they are forecasting 60-70 degree weather all week. :cp:

I have a good friend that is taking the safety course first weekend in May so we have been waiting for nice weather to get her out on a bike to practice alittle before hand, she is so excited which makes me excited:dizzy:

Well hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!!

rebelridergirl
04-14-2008, 11:32 PM
:hug::carrot:Yay...Jill!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Let us know what you think of your new career. I really want a change in jobs, too. I don't think I can take another year working at the school.:( and I've really been thinking about Nursing Assistant classes. So please share your experiences!!

Have a great day ladies!

flsunbakd
04-15-2008, 09:09 AM
I will, Reb! Yesterday and today are orientation...preettty interesting! Man....the health benefits are incredible! For hospitalizations, it's a $50 copay, then 100% coverage. This and more costs me $19 a paycheck (biweekly). Thursday I have computer training, then I get let go onto the unit shadowing someone, but I don't have that schedule yet.

Have a great day, Chickies!

ChopperChick355
04-15-2008, 08:21 PM
That is great! Well we have 72 degree weather today but the winds are over 50 MPH so no riding today either, oh well I know nice weather is on its way.......

VermontMom
04-16-2008, 11:18 PM
good evening! My stupid cold is almost gone, YAY. I've been able to exercise again, so I only missed 2 or 3 days.

I've been able to ride to work 3 times now, and yes again tomorrow :carrot:
and then I have off Friday and Sat. Friday I will ride to MV to get my replacement license plate ( I had blue lights behind me on the way home, thought "oh no, let me just get a lecture please!" and the cruiser sped past me. Whew!!)

and on Saturday we're trying to organize a group ride. Yay!

have a great night and a super day tomorrow everyone

VermontMom
04-16-2008, 11:20 PM
btw, NO one at work has said anything about me being 13 pounds less. Turkeys :tantrum: I'm sure they all whispered amongst themselves when I was at my roly-poliest!

VermontMom
04-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Good morning! another beautiful day. Last night after I got home from work, fed the son, changed clothes and did yard work. The dog poop yard...the horror! the horror! :) but it's done. And I did a little raking around the lily beds. Just a start.

Hope everyone has a nice day :) Just being able to ride to work makes it bearable!

flsunbakd
04-18-2008, 10:53 AM
You're lookin' GREAT, Holly! I certainly notice the 13 lb difference! YAY YOU!

Glad you're able to get out there and ride....I'm sure we'll get out there today :-) since HH is off today too.

Yesterday was first day at the hospital.....it was awesome!!! I think I'm gonna just love it. More details later! Am off today and tomorrow....then back at it at 6am on Sunday. Yikes! :dizzy:

VermontMom
04-18-2008, 07:25 PM
hey Jill, thanks! :D

Today I had off, and HAD planned to ride to MV to get my license plate replacement...and to tan...and to goof off a bit....and ride of course...BUT I also promised older son to take him to a Suzuki dealership to pick up his NEW V-Strom (a nice sport-tourer).

However, dear son SHOULD have done more prep, because we spent time at his bank (it's an hour away) then time at the dealership, then Back to the bank for over an hour, then back to the dealership....and he can't even pick up the readied bike til Monday. The only reason I was taking him was so he could ride it home, supposedly. So I spend All freakin day in the car driving and waiting.

So I was .....crabby. At my whole day being gone. I'm a selfish person aren't I :devil: Son was very very apologetic and realized there were phone calls he should have made ahead of time, etc. Oh well.

Please take a look at my ticker, chicks! :carrot: 15 pounds down. It's hard to believe!!! I credit the elliptical with giving the extra kicking to my body. I've been doing about 30 minutes of elliptical in addition to my daily tapes. And trying very hard to stick to lean meats, low fat cheese, tons of veggies and lowfat dairy.

We are riding with friends tomorrow, yay! and then a friend's 50th birthday party tomorrow night. That event MIGHT be a diet buster, i think there will be snacky type catered platters and lots to drink. I must keep my goals in mind. I want to see the 150's soon!!!!

rebelridergirl
04-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Whoo Hoo, Holly!!!!! 15 pounds is AWESOME!!!!!!:bravo::cp::hat:

Great work!

Have a good weekend, ladies!