Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:55 PM   #16  

Well, those best-laid plans really can go astray. After joking with friends on the phone last night that I felt silly thinking of myself as a hiker when I find excuses to avoid walking two blocks to the drugstore, I decided today to take advantage of the fine weather to go for a nice walk in the woods. First problem: for some reason I kept going past the turn-off I was supposed to take, then overshot the parking area and had to drive an extra 10 minutes before I could turn around. Total travel time: 50 minutes instead of 25. Grrr. The walk itself was lovely, but much shorter than I had remembered from past hikes: instead of 2 hours or so, after 35 minutes I had finished the whole loop! And worst of all, I found the perfect photogenic tree for the thread, only to discover that my camera battery was dead!!! So I guess I'll have to do it all over again. Next time I think I'll go back to the lovely loop Shad and I did together. It'll get a little more challenging as fall progresses and hides the trail, but so far most of the leaves are still on the trees. The colours are far from their peak anyway, not much red or pink yet. So I'll get better pics later on anyway. Just keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that my feet will continue to be as pain-free as today.

Gotta go, eh.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Carla and I must be on the same wavelength since I forgot to take my camera to the beach last weekend.
And thanks for the song - I'll think about it all day. I may just put some beans in the ears of some team members who seem to have a paranoic difficulty in understanding the word deadline. I don't seem to be able to instill a sense of urgency. Aaah well. I will survive no doubt even if I have to do the lot myself. I'd like to be walking that loop again. Maybe you will find the mythical moose again or that bear that the people saw and we never did. I'll e-mail my addy shortly. Strange I thought you had it, but then maybe I didn't send it because we PM'd during our organising of the tour up there.

Ruth - gorgeous, gorgeous pics of your place and area. I'm glad you had such a good weekend with your friend. It does make life more bearable.

Holly - I know you will have a wonderful time on your travels. Take lots of pics, enjoy the Canadian thanksgiving and enjoy your friends. Great that you can take the time away from the family.

Madcat - unfortunately - depending on where you are on this continent - the spring does not last very long. Tulips at Floriade (as in the picture) are scientifically nutured to flower over a given period - don't ask how they do it but they get a fantastic display for around a month. After that there is nothing. We can't grow tulips in Brisbane successfully and the only bulb I have managed to cultivate (apart from the hippeastrum) is the Erlicheer jonquil which flowers for a couple of days every year despite the gardeners telling me it will only last one season. Of course we can grow the tropical things - but I do like the spring bulbs and the autumn colours from cool climates.

Happy so you are not going to be a Rhode Island Red Hen!! . So whats wrong with buying the house and renting it out until you want to go there? And as for your 'stuff' - that's why they have storage units. Anyway, have you totally unpacked from the Chicago shift yet? Don't take any notice of me, I'm stirring because I'm more like the DH - if you haven't used it in six months - bye bye junk.

Mel - the reason I forgot the long weekend is that everywhere else in Aus the Queens birthday is celebrated in June. They are 'different' over here as they take great pains to tell us. Anyway, it is over now and we have a short week.

Gotta go - Carla hope those feet are still okay. Sorry to here you are still having trouble with them. Doesn't make exercise easy - but then I guess you know that. Catch you all later.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #18  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning ladies,

You're welcome Rennie. Anyone else need detailed instructions on how to find our thread from the 3FC home page?

Ah great Shad - you've got a bunch of chicks that don't comprehend the word deadline AND a development team that keeps changing the process. Ain't working grand? And now that you mention it spring doesn't last as long as the other seasons. I wonder why Guess you just have to enjoy it while you can't. Would think you would not have the more traditional (as we think of) spring bulbs because you don't really get the cold enough weather that keeps them dormant and then "springs" them into flowering. But you do have those lovely colorful birds. And stick insects. We would not even consider buying the house in RI and renting it out for a while as we are way too far away to keep an eye on it. Don't think I'd ever own property that was further than 3 hours drive away. Lots of people here in Tennessee own extra properties, many of which are in Florida. Then when we have an active hurricane season like in 2005 they are constantly fretting and worrying over the state of things. No thanks. As DH said, if we want a house up that way later, we will find one. Don't worry - we will find a nice place for you to visit next time - any requests?

Carla - had to laugh at the hiker but won't walk to the drugstore analogy. Isn't it true? I preferred living in the city proper as parking was dear and you REALLY had to think about whether you wanted to chance loosing your precious parking spot so a short walk to the store to pick up things was most preferable. I suppose looking back, the slide into weight gain oblivion started when I stopped working downtown and walked a 3 mile roundtrip each day between the office and the train station. Not to mention all those lunchtime shop-a-thon walks too. Good for you for getting out. Perhaps you just walked so fast this time that you got a 2 mile walk cleared in 35 minutes - yah think?

Nice pictures Ruth. Can't wait to see what you and Holly have to show us. Have a great visit together.

Ceejay - where are you? Hope you're not stuck behind a piece of furniture or a barrel at work or something.

Madcat - maybe you can find your sister a sassy hat to go with the headscarves. Seems like this would be a perfect time for a nice weekend getaway for you both.

Mel - c'mon - nudge, nudge. It's finally light out. Time to get up. Made you a nice cup of decaf tea - very fragrant. We can sit in our jammies and chat a while. I have some nice cuddly throws we can put on our legs to keep us warm and ease into the day. Oh wait. I am supposed to be working today.

One more day of work. Lots to get crammed into the day. I'm really looking forward to our trip tomorrow. It will be nice to get away. I think we both could use a little peacefulness in our lives.

Speaking of which I think it's time to get on with the day. I'll be back tonight.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 AM   #19  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MADCAT~ I NEVER NOTICED THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORDING BUT YOU COULD HAVE SAID LAKE GENEVA AND I WOULD HAVE BELIEVED YOU THE TRAVEL SHOWS I WATCH ARE IN EUROPE SO UNTIL THEY DO CANADA, YOU'RE SAFE I HAVE BEEN MEANING TO ASK YOU...ARE YOU AN ANTHONY ROBBINS FAN? SAW THE SIGGIE AND IT RANG A BELL...I THOUGHT YOU HAD MENTIONED HIM LONG AGO.

RUTH~ THE PICS AS ALWAYS ARE GORGEOUS. FUNNY HOW FALL LOOKS SO BEAUTIFUL. GLAD EVERYONE INCLUDING THE GOGGIES HAD A GOOD TIME. HAVE FUN WITH THE BARN...IS IT HEATED? I'LL MOVE IN

HOLLY~ GLAD THE EARS ARE BETTER BEFORE THE TRIP.

WHERE IS CEEJAY??????????????

CARLA~ SO OCTOBER HAS GIVEN YOU A BOOST ALREADY? YES YOU WERE VERY INSTRUMENTAL IN THE RIDDING OF THE CAFFEINE. I HAVE HAD A FEW DOWNFALLS BUT I AM ON THE RIGHT PATH. I FORGOT TO WEIGH MYSELF WHEN I LOST THE CEMENT!!! TOO BAD CAUSE I COULD HAVE USED A CHEAP THRILL...EVEN IF IT WAS FLEETING THE TALE OF YOUR HIKE MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD....MICE AND MEN DEFINITELY! HOPE THE FEET HOLD OUT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!

3 WORLDLY CHICK BIRTHDAYS THIS MONTH:
PAINTER IS THE 6TH
CARLA IS THE 13
MADCAT IS THE 20TH

HAPPY~ RI RED WAS THE NAME I MEANT! DON'T KNOW WHY I TYPED HEN! I FEEL THE SAME WAY YOU DO ABOUT SAFETY....I HAVEN'T RIDDEN OUTSIDE BY MYSELF IN THE WEE HOURS WHETHER IT BE LATE OR EARLY SINCE THE LONG AGO RAPES AND THAT TRUCK THAT FOLLOWED ME. I TOTALLY LOST MY CONFIDENCE SO I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. AS FOR STICKING MY HANDS IN WET, DARK SCARY PLACES IN SEARCH OF LEAVES....NOT EVEN ON A GOOD DAY!! YOU ARE FEARLESS MY STILL SOUTHERN SISTER!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT NOT MOVING BUT D A M N LADY...IT'S FRIGGING COLD UP THERE !!!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? YOU'LL BE PICKING ICICLES OUT OF YOUR NOSTRILS!!

SHAD~ WOULDN'T IT BE NICE IF EVERYONE "GOT" THE URGENCY?!?!?! MAYBE YOU WILL LUCK OUT AND THE WORKER BEES WILL SHAPE UP AT THE LAST MINUTE!!!
IS THE SUN SHINING ON YOU AND KEEPING A SMILE ON YOUR FACE YET??

RENNIE~ JUST KEEP POPPING THOSE PILLS AND REST. HOPEFULLY THE WEEKS WILL FLY BY!

TODAY I REALLY NEED TO CLEAN THIS PLACE. NOT DIRTY BUT JUST CLUTTERED AGAIN. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY JUST DROPPED ON THE ROOF BUT THE ENTIRE BLDG SHOOK!! I CANNOT WAIT FOR THEM TO LEAVE. ONE OF THE BUSES IS BROKEN AGAIN. FOOD SHOPPING WILL BE THURS OR FRI. LAST NIGHT THE BUS WAS FIXED AND THIS MORNING IT DIED A PAINLESS DEATH AGAIN. SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE COMPUTER. THEY ERASED IT'S MEMORY AND GAVE IT A NEW BRAIN BUT THIS ONE IS MALFUNCTIONING LIKE THE OLD ONE
OK....I AM OFF TO DO THE HOOVERING!
HAPPY TUESDAY

HELLO MISS HAPPY...I SEE THE POST IN MY E-MAIL BOX ALREADY. I AM READY FOR THE TEA AND WE WILL DRINK, RELAX AND SEND YOU ON YOUR TRIP!! I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AND YOU BOTH GET YOUR BATTERIES FULLY CHARGED!! (hope too that your last day flies by!)

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-02-2007 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #20  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I JUST CVAME BACK FROM A VISIT TO THE JAMES BAY ABORIGINAL PEOPLE AND MOOSE FACTORY ISLAND AND THE MOCREEBEC AND MOOSE CREE. I LEARNED HOW TO COOK A DUCK ON A STICK AND ALSO ON A STRING "ROTISSERIE". THE AREA WITH ITS BUSH AND LUSH MARSHLANDS ARE FULL OF ANIMALS AND MANY STILL LIVE THE THE OLD WAYS...HUNTING AND FISHING.
TOO BAD I HAD TO COME BACK TO REALITY
Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #21  
Choose your hard

Ok, so I have to admit I am both repulsed and bizarely attracted to the idea of cooking a duck on a stick.

Mel - WHERE do you find this stuff. Shoot now I have to go fix my eyes again.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:41 AM   #22  
Choose your hard

Happy Early Birthday to you Painterwoman

I won't be here on your special day but wishing you a grand and lovely day. Pamper yourself and have a wonderful day!
Old 10-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I didn't realize that I've not posted in a while. As usual I go to my uncles on week ends which leaves mewith no computer time. I came back to an awful mess at work. Had to call the boss this morning to help with that ordeal. And I will again. I've decided that 57 years old is to old to be climbing.

This will be short. Not to much has happened.

Hello to all and Happy birthday to PainterWoman. She must be celebrating.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #24  

Happy Birthday PW from Me too. I will be hanging out with Miss Ruthie!!

So far today....
Got an oil change/tire rotation.
Did Grandma’s hair and visited.Picked up Avon stuff.
Got car washed.
Consumed lunch.
Found $1200.00 in Board accts for School Council that was missing.
Brochures prepped for the hamlet. The village are next.
DW is running.
Chatted with my Sis. We both had School Council meetings last night. Compared notes.
2 baskets of wash folded.
Some stuff pre treating.
Just ate the most delicious pear.
Thinking on the newsletter for church.
Thinking hamburgers and salad for supper.
1 hour til DD comes home. Need to pick up DS after Cross Country at 4:30.
Last day of antibiotics for me. It is mostly cleared up.
Skating Lessons at 6pm.

2 days, 19 hours, 11 minutes, 16 seconds til I leave on my road trip. :shock:

I lost 2 lbs in Sept. My goal was 10, LOL!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #25  

Hello Ladies,

My name is Patty - (1day@atime) and I've been posting on Moving & Losing forum. It started with several women and the last few months, we'll more like 6 it's really just been Shad & me. Shad invited me to join you all. Hope you don't mind. I've been reading your posts and you all sound so adventureous.
A little about me, i'm 45..single, my baby has fur (Black chow mix going on 11 years) I work in the Dallas, live in surburb. I have been working out 3x a week for the last 10 months at 5am then up it to 4x a week for the last 2 months. I haven't lost as much as I should have, (for having worked out 1 year) but I didn't really focus on food. NOW it's time to do that.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #26  
Choose your hard

Patty,

Please join the group - I admit to occasionally lurking on your thread when I was following the antics of MichelleZ and Mooz.

We're glad to have you!

Ok - now that I've welcomed you, I'm about to ditch. I am leaving for Nashville and the Smokey Mountains in the morning and won't be back until next week. You can be my stand in - Mel and Shad will show you the ropes

I am way over my head with catch up work. Will probably work late into the night to get the office work done. Thank goodness we're not on a super tight schedule as DH said we could leave a bit later which will give me time to pack and do 1,000 things tomorrow morning. Got to earn that sitting around the cabin lounging later in the week

Be good chicks. I'll take in a bit of peacefulness for each of you. Let's just hope I don't run into one of those 1,600 black bears that roam the park...

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-02-2007 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #27  

Drat - now I missed Happy - have a wonderful time and be good. Climb them thar hills for it exercises the legs sumpin wunnerful! and if a bear should dare to cross your path, swing from the trees - exercises the arms sumpin wunnerful as well. Oh and don't forgit to eat the aigs. See I am learning the language.

Patty - good to see you here. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time with my friends here. I say mine - cause I've met most of them or like yourself I've talked with them on the phone. They are a good bunch of people.

So far so good on the site at work right now. However I notice that my e-mail advices have gone back to the Spam folder - so you are not out of the woods yet!!!

Holly - you are getting so organised to go on this trip. It will be quiet with both you and Happy away for a time. However I guess you will be able to sign on at Ruth's and let us know the state of play.

Ceejay - you should be the skinniest person on plant with the amount of physical work you have to do. Get the boss out there doing something as well, he could do with the exercise I bet.

Rennie - looking forward to seeing you playing in the leaves. Don't use the wide angle lens, just tell him to step back a couple of paces. Anyway, looking at your ticker, you aint that big lady - I know you are short, but we've only got a couple of inches on you. Don't know how tall Patty is!!

Mel - you travelling guru you! a trip to Eskimos and ducks on sticks or string. Gotta laugh. Next thing I know you will be eating witchety grubs with the Aussies aboriginals!!!!
Thanks for the heads up on the birthdays. I think it is Suzies as well isn't it - even tho' she is no longer posting with us. Should still wish her a happy birthday. I might even get around to sending her a text message from us all.

Have I mentioned everyone - not left anyone out? Hello Carla, Madcat, Meadow, Ruthxxx (any more x rated and she'd be

Time to go kick butt once more.
Oh and just to make life really exciting - DB2 has gone off the rails again. Rang me yesterday. Help is on the way in the form of DS2. Well someone has to pick him up and dust him off and give him a lecture. Gotta love the family scene. Why did I get the job of head honcho??
Old 10-02-2007, 11:53 PM   #28  

My sister is the same. She was 4' 11" but she screamed one day because she had shrunk and was only 4' 9" - we told her we could put her on the rack and stretch her out again and she has been quiet ever since. My brothers are 6' and 5' 10". How did we get to be so short???

Also both her grown children are very tall - around 5.7" - 5'9" range. She is not amused!

Last edited by Shad; 10-02-2007 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:22 AM   #29  
Choose your hard

Got your message Shad. Thanks for the good vibes. I appreciate them. Well it looks like for once both of us are at work at the SAME TIME. Your work hours stink.

I am very tired. One more report to review. I'm hoping to get to bed by 2am as I can't sleep in any later than 8 - I promised DH. Sometimes vacations are more trouble then they are worth.

You and Patty make enough noise for me while I'm gone so the place doesn't rattle too much . And if that's not enough, well then we just won't oil up the wheels on Mel's charriot.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:24 AM   #30  

We'll make the noise okay - well Patty is fairly quiet, but I'm not. We'll be here waving flags when you get back Take care with tham thar bares now y'heeyer.

I't's only 5.25pm here, so why do my hours stink. I would have thought that it was her hours what stunk - after all isn't it the middle of the night over thar???

I'm off home, up the steepest hill I can find. Got to walk off some of the calories I have managed to eat today. Nothing really bad - just too much of them.

puff puff
Closed Thread