General chatter - What!? No Baseball?

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : What!? No Baseball?

EZMONEY
09-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Suzanne closed us down on the LAST DAY of the regular season? OH MY! What is she doing to us gals? She must be a hockey fan ;)

OK So here we go gals....play-offs begin this week.....still a lot of ball left to play today for the Phillies ~ Mets ~ Rockies ~ Padres....

Good luck.....here we go Angels here we go! ;)

Suzanne 3FC
09-30-2007, 01:53 PM
This is the last day? One day is the same as any other when it comes to sports :lol: I'll reopen it, so you can finish it out for a couple of days :)

veggielover
09-30-2007, 01:58 PM
YEAH MLB POST SEASON!!

LET'S GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(being in new York, you'd think I was a Mets or a Yankees fan, but nooo sireeee)

vixjean
09-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Go Cubbbbbbbbbbbbbbies!!!

junebug41
09-30-2007, 04:00 PM
GO Brewers!

newFannie07
09-30-2007, 06:16 PM
What a race in the NL, huh? Just saw that the Rockies won over AZ. So, I guess now there will be a tie-breaker?

Sorry, vixjean, no cubbie love here. Please don't take offense, but I am PO'ed the cubs won. But congrats to you.

Gary, should we just post here about the post-season? Or you wanna start a new post-season thread? Since a few DAYS isn't going to cut it!;) Guess we know who doesn't follow baseball, huh?

Well, it looks like I'll just have to root for my 2nd choice D-Backs. Just disappointed in the Cards this year. Hopefully, the injuries will be better next year and they'll get some magic back.

I have a friend in AZ who is all excited for a Sox/ D-Backs series. She's from Boston. Maybe????

Kerri

junebug41
09-30-2007, 06:23 PM
What a race in the NL, huh? Just saw that the Rockies won over AZ. So, I guess now there will be a tie-breaker?Sorry, vixjean, no cubbie love here. Please don't take offense, but I am PO'ed the cubs won. But congrats to you.

Gary, should we just post here about the post-season? Or you wanna start a new post-season thread? Since a few DAYS isn't going to cut it!;) Guess we know who doesn't follow baseball, huh?

Well, it looks like I'll just have to root for my 2nd choice D-Backs. Just disappointed in the Cards this year. Hopefully, the injuries will be better next year and they'll get some magic back.

I have a friend in AZ who is all excited for a Sox/ D-Backs series. She's from Boston. Maybe????

Kerri

530 tomorrow vs the Padres. Gary, send some vibes over here, will ya :D

Stepping Out
09-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Thank you Royals..The Sox got home field advantage. Now if Cleveland could get that other team :p out of our way! :carrot:

Veggielover: :hug:

RED SOX NATION..'ya gotta love it! ;)

EZMONEY
09-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Let's just finish for the year and play-offs here ladies! Thanks Suzanne for being understanding!

Come on ROCKIE BABES you just have to win tomorrow against those pesky padres...my :p son in law's team :p After all he stole my daughter!

Here we go ROCKIES!!!

Spinymouse
09-30-2007, 10:07 PM
It was the World Series of my Yahoo Fantasy Baseball League the last two weeks, and I must boast that my fantasy team won!! *gloat* *brag*

Clydegirl
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
Well seeing as the Cards didn't make it I'm rooting for the Red Sox.

It's kind of sad now that the season is over, for some of us. There's been so many injuries a lot of young players have come up from the minors. They're playing really well and I hope they get to stick around.

Now I need a new avatar.

ennay
10-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I cant believe there were 3 games on today with playoff impact and not ONE was carried on ESPN or network. RRRRRR

crazynette826
10-01-2007, 04:43 AM
:yay: :yay:WOW!!! What a day! The Mets are out, the Phillies are in, and the Rockies season isn't over yet!! Yay Rockies!! :yay: :yay:

Slashnl
10-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Let's go Rockies!!! How exciting to have a playoff to get into the playoffs!!!!

ennay
10-01-2007, 10:53 PM
exciting game isnt it!

EZMONEY
10-02-2007, 12:26 AM
CONGRATULATIONS! AMAZING GAME AND FINAL 15 GAMES FOR YOU!

ennay
10-02-2007, 12:32 AM
woohoo rockies...(except holliday was out! thanks blue!)

By the way.... what the HECK is your mascot supposed to be?

junebug41
10-02-2007, 12:34 AM
HOLY SMOKES! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
I guess if anyone could have pulled that off it would be the Rockies at this point and time. Glad Holliday is ok! We live close to the park and I have a feeling we'll have a hard time sleeping tonight:D We could hear the crowd in our living room!

crazynette826
10-02-2007, 07:52 AM
:yay: :yay: :yay: WOW!!!! What a game! I sat through the whole thing on the edge of my seat with my fingers crossed! Talk about stressful! They're up, they're down, thank goodness they ended up up!!! On to the playoffs!! What a :crazy: season!!! GO ROCKIES!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

By the way.... what the HECK is your mascot supposed to be?

That's Dinger, the purple triceratops. When they where building Coor's Field they found a dinosaur fossil, so now that's our mascot. Don't know for sure if that's true, but that's the story I've heard. Really I think he's kind of obnoxious, and there had to be better choices, but oh well!

Slashnl
10-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Gosh, what a game! That was so much fun. And, Gary, the Rockies were able to get those pesky Padres out. Just for you!!!

ennay
10-02-2007, 10:27 PM
That's Dinger, the purple triceratops. When they where building Coor's Field they found a dinosaur fossil, so now that's our mascot. Don't know for sure if that's true, but that's the story I've heard. Really I think he's kind of obnoxious, and there had to be better choices, but oh well!

It looks like Barney's little sister. I dont usually see Rockies games - they dont get broadcast much here. I was truly scared when it was shaking its belly at the pitcher.

EZMONEY
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Gosh, what a game! That was so much fun. And, Gary, the Rockies were able to get those pesky Padres out. Just for you!!!

THANK-YOU! I "almost" feel bad for the :p kidnapper :p...;)...almost.

ennay
10-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Predictions?

Cubbies in 4

Phillies in 4 (sorry!)

Boston in 5 - I'm torn...my gut is saying Angels, but my heart...

Cleveland in 4:) (but if it goes to 5 --Yankees:()

Happy playoffs

Prissiroo
10-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I actually love baseball more than I love food! Gooooo Cubbbieeeessss!!!!

Slashnl
10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Rockies win the first one AT PHILLY!!! Woo hoo!!!
Gosh, they're exciting. How can I get work done when they're playing???? Thank you ESPN gamecast!

EZMONEY
10-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Congratulations on that first one ROCKIE BABES!

My ANGELS are in the hole alrady in the first....don't make me mad RED SOX BABES!

Going with ROCKIES ~CUBS ~CUBS

ANGELS ~YANKEES ~ANGELS

CUBS ~ANGELS ~ ANGELS

redsoxgirl
10-03-2007, 07:20 PM
Back off up there please :)

Bad call, Lugo was safe.

I'm $40 richer since I rented out my parking spot to someone going to the game. I think I could of gotten more but he was a really nice guy. Shooting for $60 on Friday!!!

I can barely breathe watching this game.

EZMONEY
10-03-2007, 07:22 PM
REDSOXGIRL ~ If my DODGERS still had jd drew....I would have a hard time breathing too!...Good luck in the series.

redsoxgirl
10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
We have Oritz, who just made me very happy!!!! I saw Mike Lowell in my neighborhood yesterday with his kids, I tried my best not to look like a stalker, but I was staring at him.

Good luck to you too, it's all in good fun :)

EZMONEY
10-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Easy for you to say since you are having ALL the fun right now GIRL!....wink

EZMONEY
10-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Nice game REDSOX BABES!

Torister
10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!

Doing the happy dance here!! Woohoo!! :carrot::carrot:

redsoxgirl
10-03-2007, 09:49 PM
YAY great game!!!!!

Stepping Out
10-03-2007, 11:16 PM
....but Beckett was HOT!! :flame:

My prediction: :chin: Sox in 4!

newFannie07
10-04-2007, 12:46 AM
WOOHOO!!! D-Backs win!!!!!:woohoo:

newFannie07
10-04-2007, 12:47 AM
And, no, I am not changing my avatar just yet. It still makes me smile and re-live the moment!!

crazynette826
10-04-2007, 02:51 AM
:yay: :yay: Yay Rockies!!! What a game!!! :yay: :yay:

My predictions are:

Arizona vs. Rockies, Rockies win (of course)

Boston vs. Indians, Boston wins

Rockies vs. Boston, Rockies win!!!!

What can I say!?!

:yay: :yay: I love my team!!! :yay: :yay:

Slashnl
10-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Crazynette, I think if it is going to happen for the Rockies, this IS the year! They are just so solid right now. I'll be flipping over to the gamecast this afternoon! (while I am working!)

Clydegirl
10-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow those rockies are smoking.

junebug41
10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Predictions?

Cubbies in 4

Phillies in 4 (sorry!)

Boston in 5 - I'm torn...my gut is saying Angels, but my heart...

Cleveland in 4:) (but if it goes to 5 --Yankees:()

Happy playoffs

Expansion teams get no respect... err, they used to get no respect. ;) this win should just about do it. I can't wait for Saturday! For once, living near Coors Field isn't a curse!

EZMONEY
10-04-2007, 07:41 PM
GREAT JOB BABES!

and even classier yet.........not all baseball players are jerks!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3049388

Darby1
10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
We live in Colorado Springs, and my husband has his eye on World Series tickets. He says we'll try to get tickets for one game even if the Yankees don't go. Much as I'd love to see the Rockies go to the World Series, I do NOT want to see the Yankees play the Rockies! Not after the sweep in June. It gives me the willies just thinking about it!

Those Indians are giving my boys a hard time right now. I know it's just game 1, but still...

redsoxgirl
10-05-2007, 06:30 AM
Ok my cable is OUT!!!!!! They can't come until Tuesday, after 30 minutes on the phone assuring them that I know how to plug something in and that we didn't have a freaky storm that affected only my cable and not anything else in my house, and no I swear the light is not on, and yes I plugged it back in, yes the remote has batteries.

They are coming Tuesday afternoon, I have to have my mother here since I have to work.

Oh well let's talk baseball, tonight all of the planets have aligned and I got tickets!!!! I was teaching a class yesterday when the text came in and I told the kids they didn't have to do any more work since I had gotten tickets to the game.

Sunday is game 3 I'm doing a half marathon in the morning so I am allowing myself to be bellyup at a bar by 3 for the game and some good food and drink.

So excited for tonights game.

junebug41
10-05-2007, 08:24 AM
We live in Colorado Springs, and my husband has his eye on World Series tickets. He says we'll try to get tickets for one game even if the Yankees don't go. Much as I'd love to see the Rockies go to the World Series, I do NOT want to see the Yankees play the Rockies! Not after the sweep in June. It gives me the willies just thinking about it!

Those Indians are giving my boys a hard time right now. I know it's just game 1, but still...

There is no such thing as June anymore. Totally different team. We will be down in Lodo on saturday hitting up the breweries. I can't wait! It's supposed to be freezing, too!

Man, people entertaining World Series tix. I almost can't believe it myself.

Clydegirl
10-05-2007, 08:04 PM
Anyone watching the Indians / Yankees game.

First time I've seen them stop play to put on bug spray. The bugs are everywhere, crawling all over the players and flying all around them.

Darby1
10-05-2007, 08:41 PM
What is up with those BUGS?!? The bug spray isn't doing anything to repel them, either!

Darby1
10-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Poop!

veggielover
10-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Thank you Royals..The Sox got home field advantage. Now if Cleveland could get that other team :p out of our way! :carrot:

Veggielover: :hug:

RED SOX NATION..'ya gotta love it! ;)

YEAH JOANNE!! GO RED SOX!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

veggielover
10-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Well seeing as the Cards didn't make it I'm rooting for the Red Sox.

WOW! I'm a cardinals fan too! if the sox didn't make it, and the cardinals did, I'd probably be rooting for them!

Nice game REDSOX BABES!

GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!

Doing the happy dance here!! Woohoo!! :carrot::carrot:

YAY great game!!!!!

YAHOO!!!!! Go Red Sox!!!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]....but Beckett was HOT!! :flame:

I love y'all! GO BO SOX!

(gary I know you're only being nice.... until we get into the championship title :cool:)

newFannie07
10-05-2007, 09:58 PM
The bugs made me itchy and felt like my skin was crawling. I don't know how they could play. They call the games for rain....how about a bug storm ;) LOL

EZMONEY
10-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Angie and I saw the bug fiasco while we were dining our date night Italian at a new...outstanding....place.

VEGGIE! I am always nice! I do want the Angels...they are my American League team...but...they are not my DODGERS!....I just love the fact that there have been some real good games...today's with Indians and Yankees and the first Rockies-Phillies game!.........just gotta love baseball!

Stepping Out
10-06-2007, 12:58 AM
What was up with all the bugs at Cleveland? :?: Oh well, they BUGGED the Yanks :D!

Well, Manny was being Manny again ;)..3 run walk-off homer!! :carrot:

Now on to Anaheim/LA/wherever! :angel::carrot:

junebug41
10-06-2007, 01:08 AM
Wow! Man Ram strikes again!

redsoxgirl
10-06-2007, 01:33 AM
Oh man I just got home from the game, it was nuts!!!!

So much fun, love Manny, my neighborhood is going insane, I won't be able to sleep for a while it's so loud.

I drank too much but I guess that is to be expected, I'm supposed to meet my friend at the gym at 8, we'll see what happens with that.

Go SOX!!!!!!

crazynette826
10-06-2007, 07:37 AM
Wow those bugs were disgusting!! It made my skin crawl just watching them! Yuck!!

What good games this year! So much drama already! This is why I love baseball!!

Diane, I totally agree. This IS the year for the Rox!!

:yay: :yay: Go Rockies!! :yay: :yay:

Torister
10-06-2007, 07:57 AM
Those BUGS were crazy!! I was itchy just watching it. I imagine those with High-Def were REALLY itchy. :dizzy::dizzy: I won't say that I am not happy that my new 2nd favorite team the Indians won. lol!

What a GREAT Sox-Angels game!! I stayed up till the very end! Those who went to bed missed out on a GREAT finish. Manny being Manny...we *love* that!! :carrot::carrot:

veggielover
10-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Angie and I saw the bug fiasco while we were dining our date night Italian at a new...outstanding....place.

VEGGIE! I am always nice! I do want the Angels...they are my American League team...but...they are not my DODGERS!....I just love the fact that there have been some real good games...today's with Indians and Yankees and the first Rockies-Phillies game!.........just gotta love baseball!

I'm just kidding now Gary! Of course I know you're nice! Personally, I'm not a dodgers fan (I hail from Brooklyn, you now, where the originals were!). I don't know why I never liked New York's teams and instead opted for New England's best!

It's almost too bad that I missed most of the second half last night, it was kinda past my bedtime! Manny Ramirez must've been awesome but I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of Matsusaka... He makes me nervous whenever he's pitching.

ennay
10-06-2007, 01:12 PM
great games yesterday, I cant believe they started the boston one so late.

Yeah the bugs were pretty gross....I used to live in Cleveland (go Indians!) so it is no surprise to me that creepy crawlies are their secret weapon :lol:

So the AL playoffs are going perfectly for me (sorry Gary) and the NL playoffs are not, although I like the rockies too, I just grew up outside of Philly and I really like Jamie Moyer...can you guys let them win JUST today? Just let Jamie win!

I definitely dont have that "its not a world series win unless we beat the Yankees" mentality. I want them out as soon as possible, humiliated if possible!:D

ennay
10-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Expansion teams get no respect... err, they used to get no respect. ;) this win should just about do it. I can't wait for Saturday! For once, living near Coors Field isn't a curse!

Ahh that wasnt an expansion thing, that was a grew up near philly thing. I am a Mariners fan, but gotta pull for the home team.

veggielover
10-06-2007, 02:06 PM
I definitely dont have that "its not a world series win unless we beat the Yankees" mentality. I want them out as soon as possible, humiliated if possible!:D

:D You'd probably think that I see the Yanks as a threat to our BoSox when I say this, but I didn;t want the Yanks to even get wildcard. Of course, first Seattle and then Detroit had to disappoint me after falling 4.5 games behind the Yanks, and well... now we have them in the divisions.

EZMONEY
10-06-2007, 07:15 PM
The way I see it is if the ROCKIES continue on to the World Series then they owe me and my DODGERS! After all we gave them 7 of their last 14 regular season wins...and the last team that finished 14-1 down the stretch was the '65 DODGERS ~ World Series winners! What a great year that was, 5th grade for me and my teacher was a huge DODGER fan! No transistor radio in the pocket that year :no: she brought her TV and we could all watch! Ya gotta be old to remember day World Series games during the week!

As far as my ANGELS go, I am disappointed for sure...but I won't lose any sleep over it...they are not my DODGERS and it isn't the year of the RALLY MONKEY!...now that was something special!

ennay
10-06-2007, 11:45 PM
:D You'd probably think that I see the Yanks as a threat to our BoSox when I say this, but I didn;t want the Yanks to even get wildcard. Of course, first Seattle and then Detroit had to disappoint me after falling 4.5 games behind the Yanks, and well... now we have them in the divisions.

Oh no, Cleveland is going to take care of them quite nicely :)

Clydegirl
10-06-2007, 11:47 PM
:carrot: Diamondbacks win. They're a good team.

Slashnl
10-07-2007, 09:11 AM
Rockies win... moving on!!! Woo hoo!!!
Now we have to wait until Thursday for the next game. Lots of rest, I guess, but hopefully they don't let down too far!!

crazynette826
10-07-2007, 09:27 AM
:yay: :yay: YAY ROCKIES!!!! :yay: :yay:

What a series! That was a lot of fun! I wish I was still in Denver and could go to the games, and get in on all the fun stuff!! Oh well, I'm still enjoying watching them get so far! It's way fun!! I can't believe we have to wait until Thursday to play again. I don't think I can wait that long! Hopefully they don't cool off too much!

Gary, if we do win, then the Dodgers definately deserve some of the credit! It was nice of them to lose so many games there in the last stretch! I very much appreciate it!!! ;)

Hope everyone enjoys the AL games today!

:yay: :yay: Go Rockies!!! :yay: :yay:

Darby1
10-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Lodo must have been insane last night after the Rockies win. That was fun to watch.

Unless the Yankees turn it around tonight (and for the next 2 games), I may jump on the Rockies bandwagon. Everybody else is. People around here who haven't watched a game all season, suddenly are the world's biggest Rockies fans!

Those of you hoping for the Yankees to lose, may get your wish. A-Rod's looking like he did last season "What, I'm supposed to hit the ball?" And, I know Clemens is supposed to be the secret weapon, but I don't have a lot of faith in him.

Oh well, only a few months till the season starts again:dizzy:

Stepping Out
10-07-2007, 08:37 PM
2007 is our year! GO SOX!!

:carrot: :carrot: :bubbles: :cheer2: :cheer: :broc: :yay:

junebug41
10-07-2007, 08:50 PM
Lodo must have been insane last night after the Rockies win. That was fun to watch.

It was! I hugged the mayor. He was out in the streets reveling with everyone else. The impromptu parade down Blake was a nice bonus.

EZMONEY
10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Congratulations to the ROX ~SOX~SNAKES....

Those Indians let the Yankees back in it....look out now!

Good job on hugging the mayor JEN! boost up the 'ol resume!

DARBY1 ~I was in your city for a few hours last June, coming from a wedding in Longmont down to vist friends of my son...pretty much all my wife and I saw was th California Pizza Kitchen/PF Changs at the north end of town...very pretty area.

redsoxgirl
10-07-2007, 09:08 PM
What a great day, half marathon done quicker than I thought I would be and Sox sweep.

Just got home from watching the sox game in a bar and saw the Yanks score, oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

veggielover
10-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh no, Cleveland is going to take care of them quite nicely :)

heheh I hope thats really what would happen! :devil:

veggielover
10-07-2007, 10:11 PM
What a great day, half marathon done quicker than I thought I would be and Sox sweep.

Just got home from watching the sox game in a bar and saw the Yanks score, oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

ICK .... I'm keeping my fingers crossed to....

redsoxgirl
10-08-2007, 07:51 AM
Oh well, hopefully they'll get them today...at least we know we're in, I really would like them to be OUT.

EZMONEY
10-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Great job on the half GIRL

I'd be hearing footsteps if I was an Indian or Redsox fan right now.....

veggielover
10-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Oh well, hopefully they'll get them today...at least we know we're in, I really would like them to be OUT.

Well, sicne the teams are playing AT Yankee Stadium today, I have this feeling that the yanks may just take another game and then the Cleveland will have to fight for that last one... its just that the Yanks are only good at the games they play at home. They seem to like the encouragement they get form the crowd.

veggielover
10-08-2007, 09:48 AM
Did anyone read that bit on ESPN that Joe Torre would be fired if the Yanks didn't win the series this year? I hate to say this, but Joe Stein-whatever (I can't recall his full last name) seems to NOT be a people person. First threatening the umpire, now the manager. I feel bad for Joe Torre even if he was paid the most, but his boss is such a meanie that he doesn't understand that its okay for the yankees NOT to win. They'll still have fans and adoring crowds next season. For the love of baseball, not everything is about winning the series. This is not to say that i don't want the red sox to win the series, but really, if the bosox lost, I'd still be proud of them.

Darby1
10-08-2007, 09:49 AM
EZMONEY-You were in the part of town called Briargate. It's a fairly new part, and it's pretty nice, but all the roads and houses look alike, so everytime I drive through there I get lost. It doesn't help that they have two roads called Briargate (one is Rd. and the other is Parkway). If you ever come here again, you need to head west to see the Garden of the Gods, or Manitou Springs. I do feel lucky that I live in such a pretty place.

junebug41-Mayor Hickenlooper is cool! I love his Wynkoop brewery! We go there every time we go to a game. I don't know if he still owns the Phantom Canyon brewery here, but I know he saved the building from becoming another parking lot and opened the brewery.

Well, looks like the Yankees will live to play another day. Whew! The mood around our house has been a bit gloomy.

EZMONEY
10-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Yep DARBY that was it. My son's friends (my friends too) live off Briargate. We just met them for lunch and ate at California Pizza Kitchen. Other than that new shopping area, didn't see much of your city on that end of town except Air Force of course.

Clydegirl
10-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Veggielover there's rumours here that Tony LaRussa may not come back and Joe Torre could be a possible replacement :(

I'd rather they find somebody else.

veggielover
10-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Veggielover there's rumours here that Tony LaRussa may not come back and Joe Torre could be a possible replacement :(

I'd rather they find somebody else.

OH NOOOOOOO. NOOO NOOOO NOOOOOOOOO. I mean, I don't have anything against Torre but PLEASE let this be a rumour. I'd MUCH rather they find someone else than Joe Torre.... oh (crossing my fingers hard) I can't see the manager of the team that I just can't seem to like replace the manager of my favorite team... that just sucks. :(

Clydegirl
10-08-2007, 05:54 PM
Veggielover did you know that Walt Jocketty left last week? He's no longer the general manager.

Him and Tony LaRussa were great friends.

vixjean
10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
A tear for the CUBBIES, and wow that had to be the worst 3 games i have ever seen, GOOD LUCK ALL!

veggielover
10-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Veggielover did you know that Walt Jocketty left last week? He's no longer the general manager.

Him and Tony LaRussa were great friends.

No I didn't Clydegirl :( Kind of let the cardinals go after they couldn't make the division league... as must as I didn't want to think about it.

I'm a little downed by this. Honestly I don't want them replacing everyone. I was upset that they couldn't make it to post-season but this is just a lot of sad news!

ennay
10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Funny - I hate the yankees, but I like Torre.

veggielover
10-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Funny - I hate the yankees, but I like Torre.

Ennay, I don't dislike Torre, but as for what Clydegirl told me about Torre replacing LaRussa, I would like laRussa to stay.

Well, looks like we'll see whether or not Torre gets to keep his job tonight. As of right now, its top of the 8th, and the Cleveland Indians lead 6-3. I'm not going to stay up to watch this seeing that'll stretch one more hour... hopefully, when i wake up tomorrow the newspaper tells me that Cleveland goes to play Boston, and that Joe Steinbrenner was actually kidding when he said that he'd fire him.

veggielover
10-08-2007, 11:42 PM
the bototm 9th just ended. Cleveland 6-4. Bye Bye Torre.

Lets go RED SOX!!

crazynette826
10-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Yay Cleveland!!! I'm glad to see the Yankees done for the season.

I wish I was in Denver! A parade!?! How fun!!

Can't wait until Thursday!!!!

:yay: :yay: Go Rockies!!! :yay: :yay:

Torister
10-09-2007, 12:20 PM
I hate waiting until Friday for my Red Sox fix! GO RED SOX!!

veggielover
10-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Peggy, I see we're in the same location ;)

Can't wait til friday. Espn fans think cleveland will take over the ALCS 4-2.
Personally what I wish would happen is that Red Sox pass with 4-3, but if Cleveland wins, I won't be too upset (no Yankees in ALCS makes me very comfortable).

Torister
10-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Peggy, I see we're in the same location ;)

Can't wait til friday. Espn fans think cleveland will take over the ALCS 4-2.
Personally what I wish would happen is that Red Sox pass with 4-3, but if Cleveland wins, I won't be too upset (no Yankees in ALCS makes me very comfortable).

Hey Neighbor! I really want the Sox in the WS, but am quite happy that the Yankees are gone. ;);)

redsoxgirl
10-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I hate this, I can't wait until Friday.

I saw Mike Lowell again today, he must live in my neighborhood he is around alot. I told him congratulations, I'm sure it made his day :)

I saw Coco, Varitek, and Theo earlier this season...

Cleveland will be tough, but better them than the Yanks.

veggielover
10-09-2007, 11:18 PM
I hate this, I can't wait until Friday.

I saw Mike Lowell again today, he must live in my neighborhood he is around alot. I told him congratulations, I'm sure it made his day :)

I saw Coco, Varitek, and Theo earlier this season...

Cleveland will be tough, but better them than the Yanks.

WOW. Do you just stroll around the neighborhood and just SEE THEM? How awesome for you!

EZMONEY
10-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Good luck BABES in your games this week/week-end!

redsoxgirl
10-11-2007, 08:15 PM
I got a ticket for tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!

I literally can't wait, let's go SOX!!!!

junebug41
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM

Soooo, how does it feel to not have any kidneys?

No seriously. Who loves you?!?! That's great! Have fun!!!

There are literally thousands of tickets left for the Rox/DBACK's game in Arizona.

FOR SHAME.

EZMONEY
10-11-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't understand that either JEN...it sure isn't like the SNAKES are big underdogs and don't have a chance. Must be the desert heat :shrug:

veggielover
10-11-2007, 09:58 PM

What kind of secrets are you keeping from me??? WHY ARE YOU SO LUCKY????

veggielover
10-12-2007, 12:03 AM
How many of us saw the craziness during the 5/6 inning when the interference came along? It made me feel like I'd never actually want to be in a crowd of baseball fans because a majority of these people don't know how to handle themselves. I guess people don;t realize that when they litter on the field as an act of expressing their discontent with the umpires that they are actually delaying a game.

The Rockies played a good game!!! (But they switched pitchers way too many times, which is somewhat typical for the CS)

junebug41
10-12-2007, 02:17 AM
How many of us saw the craziness during the 5/6 inning when the interference came along? It made me feel like I'd never actually want to be in a crowd of baseball fans because a majority of these people don't know how to handle themselves. I guess people don;t realize that when they litter on the field as an act of expressing their discontent with the umpires that they are actually delaying a game.

The Rockies played a good game!!! (But they switched pitchers way too many times, which is somewhat typical for the CS)

Just the 3- Francis to the 7th, Fuentes and Corpas to close (LOVE Manny Corpus). :?: Maybe that is a lot and I just don't know any better. :lol:

Yeah, that delay was ridiculous. How embarassing.

redsoxgirl
10-12-2007, 06:29 AM
No secrets for me, I just happen to totally love baseball, always have and I have a ton of friends with season tickets, so I get offered tickets a lot. Also I live so close to Fenway that I get a lot of "so and so can't make it calls".

I have gone to Fenway right after a run completely sweaty, I have been in bed watching a game and jumped up and changed to go, I think people know that if I can physically do it I will be there.

This year I was on vaca with my whole family (about 2 hours away) and someone called to see if I wanted to go to a game the next night. I had to be talked out of driving back. I just love it.

newFannie07
10-12-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't understand that either JEN...it sure isn't like the SNAKES are big underdogs and don't have a chance. Must be the desert heat :shrug:

My take.....you don't mess with what little fan base you have. A team should not change its whole color scheme and logos only 9 years into it. I have thousands of dollars of "old" DBacks stuff. Me and DH are really POed about this as are everyone else we have talked to in AZ. No one wants to support a team that just wants more money from its fans.
But they are doing really well this year. I still have that tiny place in my heart for them. At least they beat those dang Cubs!!!!

redsoxgirl
10-13-2007, 02:10 AM
YAY..great game...

now I have had a few drinks, but I said to my friend tonight, it scares me how much I love the Sox, like right now I feel like I may cry because it's probably my last game of the season.

Seriously what a great game...so much fun, the neighborhood is still going nuts.

veggielover
10-13-2007, 08:16 AM
now I have had a few drinks, but I said to my friend tonight, it scares me how much I love the Sox, like right now I feel like I may cry because it's probably my last game of the season.

You always surprise me! I bet you'll manage to wiggly your way back in another one!

It was an excellent game! I loved every moment of it. What's kinda weird was that they interviewed Cleveland's manager during the time the BoSox had a 5-1 lead, and he said "I don't think they'll leave it like that, they won't". Personally, I don't know what's worst, 10-3 or 5-1!

The rockies-dbacks game was pretty good too! They are very good matches for each other- it almost seemed for a moment that they might've tied each other. The rockies did great when playing at Arizona.

Clydegirl
10-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Redsoxgirl I'm sure you will get to see another game, fingers crossed.

redsoxgirl
10-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Holy hangover headache....

Oh well it was worth it.

Believe me I'm not complaining, I've had an awesome season, if I get to another one thats awesome, if not I have TV like everyone else!!!!!

It's going to be a bad day of food over here.

veggielover
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
It's going to be a bad day of food over here.

I was just thinking of what to snack on for tonight's game. I'd love to have beers and wings, but I don't think I deserve it. Even if they play a good one tonight, I'll probably find myself drinking tea.. for the third night in a row....

EZMONEY
10-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Good luck in your game tonight BABES!

Oh, and my other BABES....I really think you still owe me!

Will they ever lose!....nah......what a run!

Stepping Out
10-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Excellent game last night :D! I wish I could have been there :yes: Red Sox girl you have some pretty AWESOME friends! ;). I'm saving my points for a special snack for tonite's game, and my DH has his Red Sox hat ready to go. As a matter of fact, he's hardly taken it off since the playoffs started! :lol3:

Proud member of RED SOX NATION..

redsoxgirl
10-13-2007, 04:34 PM
I have a lucky hat too, it's pretty much glued to me. Problem yesterday was I wore it running 2 hours before the game, so then I went to leave for the game and realized it was completely sweaty and I had just showered!!!

I brought it anyway, gross but necessary.

Tonight is my friends 40th which will translate to all of us watching the game at the party. I'm still hungover, I won't even have a beer tonight!!!!

ennay
10-13-2007, 04:43 PM
My take.....you don't mess with what little fan base you have. A team should not change its whole color scheme and logos only 9 years into it. I have thousands of dollars of "old" DBacks stuff. Me and DH are really POed about this as are everyone else we have talked to in AZ. No one wants to support a team that just wants more money from its fans.
But they are doing really well this year. I still have that tiny place in my heart for them. At least they beat those dang Cubs!!!!

I dont like the new colors, logos, uniforms of the Dbacks at all.

veggielover
10-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh ladies and gents... last night was just horrendous for the Sox. But it was a good game played. Honestly,I didn't like Schilling's performance. But I felt the team tried whatever they could. I couldn't see the last inning after 12:44, and I woke today to be surprised that Cleveland took the 2nd game 13-6. Bummer.

Oh well, I hope the rockies do whatever they can today!!! :D

EZMONEY
10-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I went to bed after the 10th.

Can't seem to find out what time my Dodgers play.

ennay
10-14-2007, 10:42 AM
At the risk of getting stoned...:woohoo: Tribe!

veggielover
10-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Hahahaha Ennay, no one's going to stone you!

I personally think may the best win the game. For the love of baseball the sport itself, I believe since all the games are fair, it's fine. Just not the Yankees. I don't like 'em at all.

veggielover
10-14-2007, 11:57 AM
I went to bed after the 10th.

Can't seem to find out what time my Dodgers play.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :hug: ;)

Thanks for that one Gary. I'm going to use that one now whenever my teams don't make it to the World Series now. So can anyone tell me when the cardinals play? :D

redsoxgirl
10-14-2007, 02:20 PM
:(

Oh well, at least I made $60 on my parking spot!!!! Hopefully Monday will be better, that was a rough, rough, game.

veggielover
10-14-2007, 03:18 PM
:(
Hopefully Monday will be better, that was a rough, rough, game.

Oh man, you're telling me. I'm just wondering whether or no Carmona was THAT good or if Schilling wasn't at the top of the game. I didn't get to see the last inning, which tells me that Papelbon totally let some players on base. :( Gosh it just doesn't feel awesome. Frst day, it was 10-3 and they acted like they killed them. Then the tribe got even with 13-6.

Now I just wish day 1 wasn't so hyped and that day 2 wasn't emphasized too much in terms of major league baseball playoff patterns.

veggielover
10-14-2007, 11:44 PM
ROCKIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

TAKE THAT BYRNES!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!! !

I'm so happy. This totally makes up for the Red Sox's loss!! I sure hope they get to the WS!!!

EZMONEY
10-14-2007, 11:50 PM
AMAZING RUN!

veggielover
10-14-2007, 11:59 PM
You know, I remember the commentator saying something like, "well... Diamondbacks can always look back at 2004 and hope"...

junebug41
10-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Veggielover, your AV :lol: Classic.

veggielover
10-15-2007, 11:12 AM
WHY THANK YOU! It's too bad I couldn't fit J. Upton's upset face into it as well. I loved this caption when they called interference. You could tell Upton was pretty mad, meanwhile, poor Matsui was knocked over like a bowling pin.

Stepping Out
10-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Ennay: Good luck to the 'tribe'..they're going to need it! ;)

Red Sox girl: That was an ugly game. Papellbon had a bad night. I just hope they can somehow work the rotation around Gagne..the less he shows up, the better!

Whichever team wins it, I hope they can play at high altitude :cloud9: ;)

junebug41
10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
WHY THANK YOU! It's too bad I couldn't fit J. Upton's upset face into it as well. I loved this caption when they called interference. You could tell Upton was pretty mad, meanwhile, poor Matsui was knocked over like a bowling pin.

Yeah, you can't really deliberately plow into a guy as unassuming as Kaz who also is so polite that he bows to the umps. But man, can he run (and easy on the eyes, too:D)

veggielover
10-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Papellbon had a bad night. I just hope they can somehow work the rotation around Gagne..the less he shows up, the better!

You are so right. I just wanted to turn the tube off after I saw Eric Gagne. ugh ::shudder:

Yeah, you can't really diliberately plow into a guy as unassuming as Kaz who also is so polite that he bows to the umps. But man, can he run (and easy on the eyes, too:D)

Oh, you just went right into my thoughts, didn't you??? :D:o

ennay
10-15-2007, 10:42 PM
Ennay: Good luck to the 'tribe'..they're going to need it! ;)

WHat was that again?:D

:carrot::carrot:

EZMONEY
10-15-2007, 10:55 PM
cat fight

ennay
10-16-2007, 12:02 AM
cat fight

woof

EZMONEY
10-16-2007, 12:11 AM
4th inning.............wish I would have put some $$$$ down on them about 20 games ago!

veggielover
10-16-2007, 01:00 AM
bottom of 7th right now, colorado leads 6-1.

And Matt Holiday totally surprises me at times :D

veggielover
10-16-2007, 01:45 AM
Rockies Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZMONEY
10-16-2007, 08:18 AM
bottom of 7th right now, colorado leads 6-1.

And Matt Holiday totally surprises me at times :D

What surprises me most VEGGIE, is that he can score witout even TOUCHING the plate ;)

Congratulations ROCKIE BABES!

Maybe you should have been praying for those damn Yankees REDSOX BABES ;) GOOD LUCK TODAY!

ennay
10-16-2007, 09:16 AM
:woohoo: rockies!

junebug41
10-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Tickets go on sale on monday and I will be in line...

I just can't believe it.

I hope Eric Byrnes enjoys his golf game today.

Darby1
10-16-2007, 10:41 AM
That was awesome! I stayed up way too late watching, but it was totally worth it!

My husband works with some guys who are going to stand in line at the Dugout for tickets, and they're going to try to get the max amount they can buy and we'll buy two from them. I know they're going by a lottery system, so who knows if we'll get them. Either way, it's very exciting.

veggielover
10-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I just soo ecstatic about this, I mean, I love the Red Sox but I felt their outfielders didn't show too much enthusiasm and motivation in this last one. I see Willy Taveras working his butt off and I say that the Rockies deserve to take this more more than any of the teams. They try so hard, they don't depend on legendary players (I'm not implying that the Red Sox only do well because of David Ortix or Manny, but the Rockies have proven that EVERY MEMBER, including the rookies and the spares, put in to a team effort). Even if the Sox do make the WS, I hope the Rockies win their first WS. Watching that game was just... insane. Seeing Todd Helton's face after the latch pitch was caught was one to remember for the ages!

newFannie07
10-16-2007, 11:26 PM
I'm sad, but not surprised. DBacks lose. I cannot believe the Rockies' string. 21/22 games won. That is phenomenal (sp?). What a team. Haven't been watching the games much (DBacks/Rockies). They are on too late here.

Stepping Out
10-17-2007, 05:08 AM
They played a great game. It's not looking too good for my Sox right now, but they're pretty good at comebacks! ;)

Congrats to all you Rockies fans..what a streak! :eek:

Proud member of RED SOX NATION

redsoxgirl
10-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Slightly panicking :(

veggielover
10-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Slightly panicking :(

Yeah, we should be, shouldn't we?:( I knew they were going to lose the last night's game because my intuition was so right on. Unless they could take back the lead in these next 3 games, well... THAN I HOPE THE ROCKIES WIN THE WORLD SERIES!!! WOO GO ROCKIES!!! :carrot:

ennay
10-17-2007, 04:52 PM
I am a bit torn as to who to root for in the series....I like all the teams that are left. With all you Rockies fans here I might just have to root for the Tribe to keep things balanced. Usually in cases like this I find my self rooting for one team even if I dont want to. But for sure if the Tribe would falter I would root for the Rockies over Boston...dunno why, I have always rooted for boston over most NL teams, but this time...nah.

Besides, the tribe banished the evil empire....that is always worth a few hurrahs!

EZMONEY
10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
All I know is, after watching "Manny being Manny" (what kind of an excuse IS that?)....after a couple of home runs...one of which meant NOTHING!...I know who I won't be rooting for! I have to stay partial to the N.L. anyway, so I'll stick with CINDERELLA.

"Manny being Manny"....geeesh....you don't get away with that "hotdoggin'" in the National League unless it's a walk-off!

Here is my "perfect ending" on Thursday....Gagne comes in and gives up go ahead run in the 8th....J.D. Drew strikes out looking with the tying and go ahead run on base......

No offense REDSOX BABES....

redsoxgirl
10-18-2007, 06:17 AM
J.D and Gagne need to go back to where they came from.

Manny, I absolutely adore, and I feel like he has earned the right to be so cocky. I like that he is controversial, keeps things interesting. People are freaking out now because he said it's "not that big a deal if they lose." I think it's funny people are so mad, overall it isn't that big of a deal, it's still just baseball. I mean I love it but seriously there are bigger things happening in the world.

My favorite has always been Varitek, but Pedroia is growing on me this year.

If we lose tonight I'm rooting for the Indians, they were always my grandmothers favorite team and they got rid of the Yanks to make the whole post-season more pleasureable :)

EZMONEY
10-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Down 3-1 the odds say you won't make it...but we all know the odds mean nothing, once the game starts...if the odds were true, then they wouldn't ALREADY be in the World Series.

Good luck in your game tonight.

I am so :( to hear J.D. won't be starting ;)

veggielover
10-18-2007, 07:26 PM
I honestly don't think they'll put Gagne up again. Love the Sox, but if they risk a game by placing Gagne there again....:frypan:

But nonetheless, I can't say that I won't root for my sox! :crossed::crossed::crossed:

Stepping Out
10-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Down 3-1 the odds say you won't make it...but we all know the odds mean nothing

You said it Gary! ;)

Red Sox girl: 7-1.. Just the Sox being the Sox! :D

Proud member of RED SOX NATION

redsoxgirl
10-19-2007, 06:38 AM
YAY!!!!

I actually fell asleep last night when it was tied, then I woke up and it was 7-1.

I'm bummed I missed it, and I'm so happy the boys are coming back here where they belong.

Also a little bit happy about the price I'll be able to get for my parking spot tomorrow night, this little cash influx has been fun.

Now crossing my fingers and toes for tickets but that would honestly be a miracle.

ennay
10-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I started to get a bit nervous last night but then I remembered...game 7...who is red sox pitching? Oh yeah. :D

I feel for the man, he looked like a zombie after his last start, just sat in the dugout staring expressionless at the field. And then apparently after the game he sat in the clubhouse for another hour before he moved. I hope he doesnt turn in to a headcase, I like boston too much for that.

veggielover
10-19-2007, 02:21 PM
I knew the Red Sox were going to take Game 5, but that's because if I had to believe in anyone on the team, it will be my dear ol' Beckett. He carried on til the 8th inning without being relieved, and will probably be placed in the bullpen if the Sox make it to a game 7. This next game should look to their favor, as they have the homefield advantage. Unfortunately, Curt Schilling is NOT looking too good lately, and I'm not sure how this will end up. Let's go Sox.

The thing is, if the Sox make it to the world series, than I honestly don't know who to root for. I love the Sox, but I soooooo want the Rockies to win their first WS because I think their performance deserves it. I don't know man... however, the worst case scenario is if Cleveland wins the WS....

oh well. It WAS a good game!

EZMONEY
10-19-2007, 06:38 PM
No problem for you gals as long as curt wears his lucky sock.

redsoxgirl
10-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Let's go folks!!!!

On the edge of the couch, I wish I was on the edge of a seat at Fenway but not tonight :)

redsoxgirl
10-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Oh My God...Grand Slam By Jd Drew!!!!!! Miracles Do Happen 4-0 Boston!!!

Stepping Out
10-20-2007, 08:56 PM
:faint: :woohoo:J.D. Drew just hit a GRAND SLAM!!!

Proud member of RED SOX NATION:

EZMONEY
10-20-2007, 10:34 PM
OK, so I leave for church and it's 0-0....I get home and it's 10-1.....so I figure Manny and David are having a big day....WHAT?

J.D. DREW....you gotta be kidding me right?...OK....so I figure he got a lucky swing in when he closed his eyes....but then I see he drove in another run...

Next thing ya know Gagne will get the win tomorrow.

Hey...I'm all for you REDSOX BABES....but seriously...J.D. Drew...a hero....a freakin' hero....

the world is coming to an end!

You are so right JOANNE...I'm getting out my jacket! ;) **** did freeze over!

veggielover
10-20-2007, 11:54 PM
12-2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

veggielover
10-20-2007, 11:56 PM
I want to say that Curt Schilling's pitching tonight was good, but it was definitely not the reason why they won... which kinda tells you that I'd take Beckett over Schilling. I love Curt Schilling but he's kind of getting old and he's not playing like his used to (though I admire his strength).

I SHOULD SAY that ERIC GAGNE WAS MUCH BETTER TODAY! (wasn't he gals???) woot!

veggielover
10-20-2007, 11:59 PM
J.D. DREW....you gotta be kidding me right?...OK....so I figure he got a lucky swing in when he closed his eyes....but then I see he drove in another run...

Next thing ya know Gagne will get the win tomorrow.

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing tonight. I think Ortiz got 1 hit while Manny had none tonight. Gagne wasn't bad today at all! This is a change... by gosh I sure hope they toss Beckett in the bullpen and put him to use.

ennay
10-21-2007, 12:21 AM
When JD Drew and Lugo both have multi-RBI games you know your pitching SUCKS!

Good game Bosox gals...see ya tomorrow.

Torister
10-21-2007, 05:56 AM
All things considered, Schilling pitched well last night. They needed a good performance from him (which they got), but they needed bats from people who were not contributing....JD Drew fit the bill!! I was so happy they gave him the standing ovation. He is such a nice guy!

What an awesome game! You could see Cleveland getting a little unhinged when they were making simple errors. They are a good team. I am just a tried and true Red Sox gal!!

FWIW, I nearly choked when they sent Gagne in! YIKES!! He proved me WRONG and I think that helped boost his confidence a bit.

Game 7....here we come....it would be SOOOOOO nice to get to WS!!!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redsoxgirl
10-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Good morning...OK that was awesome.

Today I looked at cleveland.com for some laughs, I love to read the opposing teams viewpoint.

Anyway I hate these announcers, I want Remy back. All they did was talk about our bullpen and Schilling not being who he used to be. Well he's 40, but the Cleveland guy has thrown twice as many pitches and is crumbling in the 2nd, you may want to mention him.

They are always dissing Manny which makes me want to hit them, but who cares...we won.

Great fabulous game, then the late night antics in the Fenway neighborhood begin. I was woken up about 3 am by a guy saying he was going to "f you up bro" to some other guy. All kinds of nonsense going on outside my window by people who probably couldn't give you the starting lineup. Tonight will be quieter since it's Sunday (maybe).

Either way who cares, I have my fingers and toes crossed for tix, but last night most of my ticket sources were also on their couches or in the bars watching.

I'm in love with Dustin Pedroia too......he is amazing. JD Drew, I'll take it I guess, lets see if he can repeat tonight.

If I don't get tix tonight I'm going for a quick walk at the start to look for bootleg t-shirts, they are like $10 and sold on the street. I want the one that says "Pedroia the destroia". I am a geek.

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Ok, so here's the deal......I wake early, as usual, between 4-4:30am. First thing I always go get my 2 newspapers out of the driveway. Now it being Sunday morning I know the papers will be late....usually this really :mad: PMO! :mad:...ok, maybe just a little, I realize everyone should get to sleep in a little, one day a week, and the paper does take longer to deliver being so big and all. I lay there until I hear the car go by dropping the first one, 15 minutes later the second one hits the driveway. I do not get up, I lay there still, almost afraid to get up....WHY :shrug: you ask?

Well, because just as I was hoping it was a bad dream ~ there it was RIGHT ON THE FRONT PAGE.....jd drew was a :cp: hero....a :fr: freakin' hero :cp:

It just makes me wanna :barf::barf::barf: barf 7 times over.....jd drew a :p hero :p....and BILL BUCKNER a goat...makes no sense at all....I grew up watching Billy Bucs play....I saw him leave it on the line time after time....I saw his attitude and :val1: heart all those years he was a DODGER....let me tell you gals....

jd drew is no hero....he is no BILL BUCKNER :snooty: That was a man that knew how to play the game! :yes:

Good luck in your game....should be exciting!

ennay
10-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, well at least it will be mentioned in your paper. My paper is pissing me off...baseball playoffs dont make the front of the sports page, or the second page...they are somewhere around page 5 of 8. Apparently fishing and division II college football is front page worthy. Oh yes, and talking about the stupid jailblazers. It isnt basketball season yet , do you think we could have ONE day where the team isnt 1/2 the sports section?

veggielover
10-21-2007, 09:37 AM
All things considered, Schilling pitched well last night. They needed a good performance from him (which they got), but they needed bats from people who were not contributing....
GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toristser, hey I totally feel what you're saying, and I DO think that Schilling did pitch a good game, but its just that in my heart down there I remember the old schilling, I see the older one now and it makes me sad that he didn't pitch like he used to. Even my grandmother was watching the game with me yesterday and said he looked too old to be on the field. SOmetimes I wonder how much juice is left in Curt, but you know what, he'll always remain bloody sock Curt to me ;) . However, right now, I'm BECKETT-ning for more....

Good morning...OK that was awesome.

Anyway I hate these announcers, I want Remy back. All they did was talk about our bullpen and Schilling not being who he used to be. Well he's 40, but the Cleveland guy has thrown twice as many pitches and is crumbling in the 2nd, you may want to mention him.

They are always dissing Manny which makes me want to hit them, but who cares...we won.

Haha, I noticed that too, but since Cleveland wasn't scoring, their wasn't much to talk about! Did you hear the part when they started to compare the looks of Jacoby Ellesbury and Grady Sizemore? Ha! I said tomyself.. these guys must be bored....

:D:D:D Did anyone else laugh when Youkilis got hit with the ball on his head? You gotta love him for trying to stay alive in the game as long as he can...

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Could be much much worse, the announcers...and all I have to say about that is ~ Joe Morgan.

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 09:57 AM
.......... Apparently fishing and division II college football is front page worthy.

The next thing ya know ENNAY they will have HOCKEY in the first 4 pages of the Sports!

Oh yes, and talking about the stupid jailblazers. It isnt basketball season yet , do you think we could have ONE day where the team isnt 1/2 the sports section?

I don't EVEN wanna hear your :( sad :( story! One word here ~ KOBE!...and it ain't about beef!

veggielover
10-21-2007, 04:34 PM
fishing as the front page? Unless you live in the middle of nowhere... where the great outdoors is popular and accessible to everyone!

ennay
10-21-2007, 08:09 PM
I don't EVEN wanna hear your :( sad :( story! One word here ~ KOBE!...and it ain't about beef!

Oden (not to be confused with Odin the Norse God) the great savior of our criminal franchise who may never ever play a pro game. The analysis, the hype, the surgery, the hope, the death of hope. The deep depression of a town that had hung laker beating glory hopes on the back of a 19 yr old. The lack luster promise of another season. When he went out for surgery the town practically flew the flags at half-mast.

redsoxgirl
10-21-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm all prepared, got $60 for parking, walked over to the park just to see what was happening.

Got a $20 Pedroia shirt for $10 simply because I was wearing a Boston Public Schools sweatshirt and the guy asked if I was a teacher. Next thing you know he was giving me a deal.

I walked by a ticket agency where 2 women were playing $900 for 2 tix. Cheapest seats were $295.00, so here I am on the couch, wearing my new shirt and drinking....WATER. Not very festive but I have some homework to do, and the plan is to do it during the game we'll see if that really happens.

GO SOX!!!!

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 10:20 PM
REDSOX BABES My son just called me to tell me one of his buddies, that lives in Boston, texed him a couple pictures of the game. He had called earlier and said a friend of his had two tickets and he was 3rd in line to get one.....looks like the other 2 were busy.

Kenny was safe at second....Dice sure starting to look shaky....game should be 3-3.......bottom of 5

junebug41
10-21-2007, 11:06 PM
RATS!

Not looking foward to facing the Sox. We're just never going to hear the end of it with the comeback kids :lol:

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Good one JEN! Tough one for your Buffs yesterday...sorry

Clydegirl
10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Looks like you got a good buy there RSG.

The Indians are looking awfully dejected.

junebug41
10-21-2007, 11:10 PM
Good one JEN! Tough one for your Buffs yesterday...sorry

It's all good. Still rebuilding, you know? I will take a Coach Hawkins loss over Gary Barnett win any day.

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 11:15 PM
Well GALS it looks like it's gonna be a good series

Congratulations to ALL of you!

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Oden (not to be confused with Odin the Norse God) the great savior of our criminal franchise who may never ever play a pro game. The analysis, the hype, the surgery, the hope, the death of hope. The deep depression of a town that had hung laker beating glory hopes on the back of a 19 yr old. The lack luster promise of another season. When he went out for surgery the town practically flew the flags at half-mast.

Well ENNAY you could always join Angie and I when we worship, along with my ex-wife her S.O., my son and dil, my brother and sil, ODIN the Norse God every other month at my ex's Sons of Norway Viking Club.....always fun! Plus you'd get to dress up like a vaylkrie.

junebug41
10-21-2007, 11:21 PM
How they snuck back into this series is almost as remarkable as the Rox being in the WS. This is going to be wild.

Happy Rocktober, everyone!

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 11:34 PM
Honestly, I didn't think it was possible for CINDERELLA to lose....impossible...but now I believe ANYTHING can happen.....jd (will always screw you) drew just got ANOTHER RBI...2 games in a row!!

the end is soon.........

Stepping Out
10-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Time to get in line for tickets! :D (eighth inning..bases loaded..one out..6-2 SOX)

Stepping Out
10-21-2007, 11:45 PM
I :love: Dustin Pedroia!

9-2 SOX!

veggielover
10-21-2007, 11:48 PM
KEVIN YOUKILIS MAKES IT 11-2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEND THE TRIBE HOME!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::devil:

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 11:49 PM
That .8 doesn't seem to matter much now does it dear ;)

CONGRATS!! :hug:

veggielover
10-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I Love This Game!!!!!

The Champagne Will Always Taste Better At Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 11:52 PM
VEGGIE...are you just a little

EXCITED? ;)

redsoxgirl
10-21-2007, 11:55 PM
Very happy I bought my Pedroia shirt. This game is wild, I have to be at work in 7 hours but I can't go to bed until this is over, then the neighborhood will go insane...oh well, it's worth it.

It's actually crazy out there right now, 1 out in the 9th, all kind of sirens.

Should be a great series!!!

EZMONEY
10-21-2007, 11:58 PM
When a guy named after a cereal makes the last out ya just know it was in the cards from the beginning.

veggielover
10-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Reasons why I love the SOX:

1) Because Jacoby Ellesbury is on FIRE

2) Because the dugout has its own band

3) Because David ortiz already had his celebration goggles on before it even ended.

4) BECAUSE THEY JUST TOOK BACK THE 3-1 LEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZMONEY
10-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Although I like the DODGERS in the World Series, I have to stick National League and go with the ROCKIES...no offense REDSOX BABES!

And THANK ALL OF YOU for such a great thread.....WE had over 7,000 posts between the 2 threads!

And it ain't over!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZMONEY
10-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Oh and try to get a little sleep REDSOXGIRL!! you have kids to teach!

veggielover
10-22-2007, 12:37 AM
VEGGIE...are you just a little

EXCITED? ;)

Well gary, the reaosn why I'm over ecstatic about this is because I CANNOT BE DISAPPOINTED AT ALL WITH THIS WORLD SERIES. The ROCKIES ARE MY favorite team of 2007, and the RED SOX are on my all-time favorite teams. THE TWO of the teams that I HOPED had a chance at WS CAME to win their CHAMPIONSHIPS. To top that off, look at how STRANGE the games came. One came with a 7 game sweep while the other was a COMEBACK play. I cannot be disappointed because no matter which one of these teams win, and I'm happy for both.

When a guy named after a cereal makes the last out ya just know it was in the cards from the beginning.

Okay, it was warranted. When Francona removed Crisp from the lineup and placed Jacoby in, I was happy because I "heart" Ellesbury. I thought he deserved the chance but taking Crisp out of the lineup would be very close to an insult, really. Like Terry said, its not like he gave him a hug when he heard he was taken out. But when he sealed the game at the top of the 9th, it became fair...

:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

redsoxgirl
10-22-2007, 06:46 AM
OH MY GOD I'm tired.

It was so loud over here, it doesn't seem like anything bad happened so thats good. I do find the "yankees suck" chants annoying at 2 am.

Oh well putting on my Pedroia shirt and going to school, I'll give the kids a break today, I see some games on the agenda.

veggielover
10-22-2007, 10:24 AM
It was so loud over here, it doesn't seem like anything bad happened so thats good. I do find the "yankees suck" chants annoying at 2 am.

I feel the same way, "_______ sucks" is a horrible term. I don't favor the yankees at all but its kinda not cool to do that, very immature and unnecessary. Once, I went to a concert in Long Island in New York (all Met fans, usually). This one kid started chanting "Let's go Mets" preceded by "Let's go Yankees", but when he started saying "**** the Red Sox" no one joined him in it. It's almost obvious who the kiddies are in baseball.

Does anyone know where I can find Jonathan Papelbon's dance last night???

Clydegirl
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
Tony LaRussa will be returning for another season with the Cards :carrot:

veggielover
10-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Tony LaRussa will be returning for another season with the Cards :carrot:

I KNOW! Awesome, hope it works out for him.

Jen415
10-22-2007, 03:50 PM
I really hope the Rockies win it all! It would be fantastic!

Torister
10-22-2007, 04:02 PM
What a GREAT game!! :carrot::carrot:

I stayed up until 1:00 AM and I am one pooped Red Sox Fan, but it was sooooooooooo worth it!! I can't wait until the game Weds. night.

I agree Champagne is REALLY great at home...especially after a 3-1 comeback win!! ;)

Slashnl
10-22-2007, 04:55 PM
Finally! The Rox vs the Sox. I just hope that the Rockies haven't lost their edge with the big vacation they had now!!

Love and kisses to all the Red Sox fans, but I really hope the Rockies can finish out this miracle season in style!!

veggielover
10-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Finally! The Rox vs the Sox. I just hope that the Rockies haven't lost their edge with the big vacation they had now!!

Love and kisses to all the Red Sox fans, but I really hope the Rockies can finish out this miracle season in style!!

Slash, I'm a Red Sox fan, but I'm hoping that The Rockies take this one. I don't want my Sox to become the "next Yankees", and I <3 my little Matsui.

Darby1
10-22-2007, 06:16 PM
As of right now nobody can get tickets to the games in Colorado! They decided that instead of showing up to buy tickets, people could only buy tickets online. They went on sale this morning at 10. Unfortunately the system crashed and ticket sales have been "suspended". There was a press conference by a representative of the Rockies, who said they are trying to fix things. I watched it on the news, and there were a LOT of angry people there. I heard later that there was a fight, and an ambulance had to be sent to Coors Field.

There was supposed to be a news conference at 4, but so far I haven't seen anything.

veggielover
10-22-2007, 07:54 PM

Slash, I'm a Red Sox fan, but I'm hoping that The Rockies take this one. I don't want my Sox to become the "next Yankees", and I <3 my little Matsui.

crazynette826
10-23-2007, 01:45 AM
:yay: :yay: :yay: Yay Rockies!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

What a mess with the tickets. I'll admit it, I was one of the ones clogging up the server. I so want to go to a game. The odds are against me, but it's worth trying. So tomorrow I'll try again!! Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Regardless of if I get tickets, what a season!!! Can't wait to see how it plays out. Should be a great series!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: Go Rockies!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Slashnl
10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Ok, let's get the games started. I am getting frustrated/nervous/irritated by the sports talk shows and how everyone is so sure that the Red Sox are going to win. Shoot, the way they talk, why even bother playing the game??? Grrrr! Anyway, I hope they are all wrong.

Either way, let's get this party started!!!!

EZMONEY
10-24-2007, 12:00 PM
YEP! YOU might as well not even show up, according to most sports media, THEY have it in the bag......WHAT ARE YOU going to do about it?

ennay
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
Goooo Rockies! I am so bummed I am going to miss watching tonights game.

Slashnl
10-24-2007, 03:53 PM
I told myself I wasn't going to listen to any more sports talk radio until we get some games going, but I did it anyway. I just keep getting more and more irritated. Does the media really think that the Rockies didn't earn this spot in the world series???? Have they even watched the Rockies play AT ALL???? I am so offended!!!! Yes, the Red Sox are a good team.... that's why they are in the WS, too. But give a little credit to the Rox! They didn't just come out of a little league tournament........!!!!!

veggielover
10-24-2007, 04:21 PM
I told myself I wasn't going to listen to any more sports talk radio until we get some games going, but I did it anyway. I just keep getting more and more irritated. Does the media really think that the Rockies didn't earn this spot in the world series???? Have they even watched the Rockies play AT ALL???? I am so offended!!!! Yes, the Red Sox are a good team.... that's why they are in the WS, too. But give a little credit to the Rox! They didn't just come out of a little league tournament........!!!!!

Ok, take a DEEP BREATH. It's okay; I understand how you're feeling. I don't know if you know this, but with an interview down at Fenway Stadium, the Red Sox players did acknowledge that Colorado has every possibility of beating them since they did 20-5 in their regular seaosn games. But while keeping that in mind, you just saw how the Red Sox came back with a 4 game win after losing 1, and also remembering the 2004 series. Could you blame the press for NOT hyping it? The red Sox are the comeback kids. They truly are. They are also being termed the "new evil empire/ Yankees" which is what i hope they really avoid becoming. The reason why the Red Sox has so many fans is that, for the longest time, it was for the love of baseball and sympathy for these guys who couldn't win a world series after trading Babe Ruth. Also, you're forgetting that this is American League Babseball. American League has MORE VIEWERS and fans than NATIONAL LEAGUE according to telecasticing and MLB revenue statistics. I don't want to differentiate the two because to me, they don't have too many differences, but one of the main reaosns why they get the press (rather than the Rockies) is because .... lack of better gentler terms, the Red Sox are the second biggest franchise in MLB and they are more famous than the rockies... did you read all those articles after the 7 day colorado sweep of the NLDS and NLCS making fun of how history was being done by the Rockies and yet NO ONE was watching? The 2007 Rockies are amazing, but they are unnderrated because they are a relatively new franchise. The fact that Colorado STILL has WS tickets to sell speaks for itself. Red Sox fans buy out all their home game seats right at the start of the season, and are sold out faster than other teams. Red Sox also carry the highest road attendence in stadiums. They ARE a big deal in terms on money and I wouldn't be surprised if they had so many followers or coverage on the sports news. So just sit back and relax. I'm sure this will be a good game. And so what if everyone thinks the Sox will win? They're a GREAT team, but so are the 2007 ROCKIES!! :carrot::carrot:

For the love of baseball, team loyalty is one thing, but watching it for the game is another that most people forget. I hope everyone enjoys the games tonight!

EZMONEY
10-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure if my DODGERS win the first one, we'll sweep.

Darby1
10-24-2007, 07:07 PM
That made me laugh, EZMONEY.

Only a few months till Spring training, and we can start all over again!!

EZMONEY
10-24-2007, 07:44 PM
I am looking to the future DARBY!

EZMONEY
10-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Before this World Series business all begins, I just want to thank all of you for making this such a fun and successful thread!

I know that whatever happens that either my ROCKIE BABES or my REDSOX BABES will be :( When the final game is played....for that, in advance, let me tell you I am sorry and :hug: For the winners! :carrot: Enjoy the moment!

I will be pulling for the ROCKIES.....I always pull for the National League, unless my Angels are in.

I hope all of you have fun!

redsoxgirl
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
This thread has been a lot of fun, it's cool to see how many women are into baseball (no offense to the man of the group!!!).

But it's not over yet, the neighborhood is nuts, I just went to the gym and walking home which is across the street was insane. Of course I took a walk around the park and got some Josh Beckett signs for my classroom, we can put them in the windows tomorrow.

I'm so excited, my friend just left she is going to the game....JEALOUS!!! Can't be bitter though she has taken my to plenty of games this year :)

Oh well let's roll with game 1!!!!

junebug41
10-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Oh it's just too ugly to watch anymore. On to game 2, PLEASE!

veggielover
10-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Wow, this couldn't possibly be worst for me- My severe allergies kicked in right before the game, my nose can't seem to function, my eyes are still itchy. As a result of my defunct olfactory system, my potato chips and root beer are tasteless.

Also, I've come to realize when I like both teams playing in the WS, it becomes really boring. I don;t have a team to cheer for (either that, or I'm cheering for both), Boston looks like it'll take it even if I stopped watching right now at the 5th.... wow...I never realized that team loyalty was so important in fueling my enthusiasm...

to top off my misery my tongue has now lost feeling... yay. Hope everyone enjoys the game more than I do....

Clydegirl
10-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Holy moly that was a long inning!

junebug41
10-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Wow, this couldn't possibly be worst for me- My severe allergies kicked in right before the game, my nose can't seem to function, my eyes are still itchy. As a result of my defunct olfactory system, my potato chips and root beer are tasteless.

Also, I've come to realize when I like both teams playing in the WS, it becomes really boring. I don;t have a team to cheer for (either that, or I'm cheering for both), Boston looks like it'll take it even if I stopped watching right now at the 5th.... wow...I never realized that team loyalty was so important in fueling my enthusiasm...

to top off my misery my tongue has now lost feeling... yay. Hope everyone enjoys the game more than I do....

Awwww. Boo allergies! Nothing to enjoy about this game on this end, I'll tell you that much. It's actually downright painful.

Edit: I feel SO bad for Todd Helton.

EZMONEY
10-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Way to go....use up all your runs in the first game....stupid...stupid....stupid.

EZMONEY
10-25-2007, 12:08 AM
VEGGIE (((BIG HUGS))) I hope you feel much better in the morning.

Torister
10-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Way to go....use up all your runs in the first game....stupid...stupid....stupid.

HAHAHAHA

You are too funny. GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!

redsoxgirl
10-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Fabulous game, I went to bad after the 5th it was so long, unheard of for me but it was 11:00.

Can't get all excited after 1 game though.

For all you JD Drew "fans" I read an online email to Bill Simmons from ESPN that said "I was just deciding to change my nickname for Drew from Nancy to Joanne since it's closer to his real name, now I'll just call him JD". Very funny article all kinds of emails after he hit the "14,000,000 grandslam." Another one said "Drew is up looking for the perfect double play to ground into."

Let's go game 2.

EZMONEY
10-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the game last night REDSOX BABES ~We were able to get back to our tv "fire watch" early....congratulations.

Slashnl
10-25-2007, 09:46 AM
OUCH! That one hurt.
I still have faith that the Rockies can rebound. I think that the time off really put them to sleep, but they'll bounce back.

Maybe they wanted to make the Red Sox feel overly confident.... yeah, that's it!

Torister
10-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I think it will be a great series regardless of who wins. As a lifelong fan of the SOX, I will of course root for them, but know they will have to take each game at a time and I think they will.

EZMONEY
10-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Maybe they wanted to make the Red Sox feel overly confident.... yeah, that's it!

So true DIANE...and they are good at it too! :yes: I know....the way they :s: snuck up on my DODGERS 7 :fr: freakin' times, the last two weeks of the regular season, was PREEE~TEEE CLEVER :s:

junebug41
10-25-2007, 01:54 PM

:lol:

I'm excited for the rest of this series- I think the Rox are in the position to not let one game throw a series and can take a loss for what it is and move on. They've been playing the last 20+ games like that and it has worked out pretty well. I just hope it doesn't get that ugly again, YIKES!

veggielover
10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Awwww. Boo allergies! Nothing to enjoy about this game on this end, I'll tell you that much. It's actually downright painful.

Edit: I feel SO bad for Todd Helton.

Oh man, I totally agree with you. I remember him standing on 2nd base thinking there was SOME possibility, and I just said to myself "Gosh, Helton, you're putting some much pressure on yourself"... My allergies are barely over, and I missed the latter half... hopefully it will be better tonight

VEGGIE (((BIG HUGS))) I hope you feel much better in the morning.

Oh thank you Gary. I was SO angry last night because I just didn't feel like I could watch it. Either it was my enthusiasm or my allergies. My eyes and nose just DIDN'T want me to watch the game!?? :dunno:

I think it will be a great series regardless of who wins. As a lifelong fan of the SOX, I will of course root for them, but know they will have to take each game at a time and I think they will. I too will be happy no matter who wins the series, but I LIKE SEVERE excitement... I like it when teams REALLY make it a competition, like, tying close to the last inning, or tie number of games until the 7th...

:lol:

IThey've been playing the last 20+ games like that and it has worked out pretty well. I just hope it doesn't get that ugly again, YIKES!

I hope they could rebound and play the sox like they did in the regular season (20-5!) ortherwise the game gets boring if the Sox take it in 4 or 5 games. I hope for at least 6 games...

WaterRat
10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
As another lifelong Red Sox fan (I may live in Alaska, but I grew up just outside of Boston), I'm here to tell you that with the Sox you never count on the win until the game/series is over! :rofl: They've come soooo close so many times. I was watching the final 2004 game and still didn't believe they'd done it.

Torister
10-25-2007, 02:25 PM
As another lifelong Red Sox fan (I may live in Alaska, but I grew up just outside of Boston), I'm here to tell you that with the Sox you never count on the win until the game/series is over! :rofl: They've come soooo close so many times. I was watching the final 2004 game and still didn't believe they'd done it.

Don't I know that!! LOL! I say that all the time!! Thats why I say its always one game at a time with them.

Torister
10-25-2007, 02:30 PM
I too will be happy no matter who wins the series, but I LIKE SEVERE excitement... I like it when teams REALLY make it a competition, like, tying close to the last inning, or tie number of games until the 7th...

Me too!! Me too!!

EZMONEY
10-25-2007, 10:02 PM
What in the world is jd drew smokin'? A hit in EVERY GAME?...seems like anyway...heck if he played that good for us, we would have kept the bum!

EZMONEY
10-26-2007, 12:10 AM
ouch

redsoxgirl
10-26-2007, 06:46 AM
That was a nail biter, great game.

Who is JD Drew these days????? I still call him JD Stupid I can't help it.

Off to Denver, like any good Sox fan, I'm not relaxing yet. I'm curious as to who is going to sit, Ortiz or Youkilis???

crazynette826
10-26-2007, 07:44 AM
:cry: Poor Rockies! :cry: I think they forgot to take their bats with them to Boston. I mean game 1 was just sad, bordering on pathetic. I had to work so I wasn't able to watch, but it's probably for the best, I hate watching them get so roughed up. Game 2 was better, they just forgot how to hit, and of course how to stay on base. (Poor Holliday!) I still have faith in them though. On to Denver! Let's pray for good weather and for their bats to wake up!!

:yay: :yay: Let's go Rockies!!! :yay: :yay:

veggielover
10-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Honestly, taking Youkilis off is a bad idea. I know Francona wants to keep ortiz, but I think with his bad knee, he should just SIT DOWN.

Youkilis should stay!

Slashnl
10-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, darn. I am glad they're coming back to Denver. I really hope we can get back in this thing. I am confident that the Rockies will have their better times now that they are coming home. I didn't think that the layoff would be that bad, but it seems like it really set them back. But, kudos to the Sox, that was some pretty awesome pitching.

Personally, I think the Sox would be wrong to take out Youk, but I hope they do!!! :)

On to Denver. Go ROCKIES!!

veggielover
10-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow, bottom of the 4rth and Boston leads 6-0.. I'd say, if they lose this one tonight, then the Red Sox might just sweep this World Series with 4 games when Beckett steps in tomorrow.

Yeesh... It's too bad I'm diggin' them so much recently and they're gonna lose to the Sox, although I more or less expected the Sox to win because they literally, like the Yankees, are expected to win based on their pricey players on the roster now....

redsoxgirl
10-27-2007, 11:20 PM
I think Lester is pitching tomorrow???

This game is making me slightly nervous, but I feel better with Timlin in there. We need some more insurance runs now.

EZMONEY
10-28-2007, 12:19 AM
I smell a SWEEP!

Stepping Out
10-28-2007, 01:33 AM
Way to go....use up all your runs in the first game....stupid...stupid....stupid.How's that again? ;) :lol3:

EZMONEY
10-28-2007, 08:29 AM
hummm...well....What the heck do I know?....I really thought my DODGERS were gonna be there this year....

veggielover
10-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Gary, I smell a sweep as well....

poor rockies... the red sox did well (especially my super aweosme jacoby ellsbury, giving me a FREE TACO!!! not that I'll eat it but, hey) but I'm going to be so disappointed that there would only be 4 games if they did a sweep. COME ON GUYS!! I thought you were gonna give me 6 or 7 games?!!! I have nothing to watch!!! Grrr

Torister
10-28-2007, 10:14 AM
What a game!! :dancer: I stayed up until the end. WOW!

Lester is pitching tonight and if for some reason they don't wrap it up tonight, Beckett is pitching Monday.

Lets go boys!!:cheer:

Slashnl
10-28-2007, 11:04 AM
hummm...well....What the heck do I know?....I really thought my DODGERS were gonna be there this year....

Well, I thought my Rockies were going to be there this year too.

Oh .... wait! Is THAT my Rockies???? :(

veggielover
10-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, I thought my Rockies were going to be there this year too.

Oh .... wait! Is THAT my Rockies???? :(

Yes, and they had a darn good post season, wouldn't you say? ;)

:hug: they were good, and they'll do better next year, hopefully...

redsoxgirl
10-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Now I begin my debate of the evening, stay here on the couch and watch or go out and watch.

Hmmmm, I think I'll go out, if they win and I'm home on the couch that will be somewhat anit-climactic!!!

Stepping Out
10-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I kinda hope it goes for at least one more game...I'm not ready for the season to be over! ;) :^:

Proud member of RED SOX NATION!

veggielover
10-29-2007, 12:03 AM
I kinda hope it goes for at least one more game...I'm not ready for the season to be over! ;) :^:

I agree Joanne, but it looks like they got it killed this time. Even as I'm watching, bottom of the 9th, 4-3, 1 out, I still have high doubt that they'll tie or even lead in time.

Oh wait, now 2 out because Jacoby's so awesome...

:( Can someone else recommend another sport for me to watch after this season ends? I need more excitement from my TV now that I can't jog at night since its cold...

veggielover
10-29-2007, 12:06 AM
WORLD CHAMPIONS RED SOX 2007!!!!

Thank you Gary for making this wonderful thread, it was great while it lasted!!!

charolastra00
10-29-2007, 12:15 AM
There's a dull roar here 10 miles outside of Boston from all directions and about 100 people outside of the campus center passing around cigars and champagne.

I just wish the game had been at Fenway!

Stepping Out
10-29-2007, 12:17 AM
THEY DID IT AGAIN!!:carrot::carrot::carrot::broc::broc::woohoo ::woohoo::hat::hat::cp::cp:

And in the middle of all the excitment a news flash..A-rod is opting out of his contract.......

WHO CARES???? It's the World Series...the YANKEES aren't in it....and

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

redsoxgirl
10-29-2007, 01:05 AM
I think Lowell is MVP, well deserved.

I just got home, the city is insane, it was like a wall of people walking up my street.

Great series, I'm going to miss chatting with everyone!!!

EZMONEY
10-29-2007, 08:02 AM
Enjoy your moment REDSOX NATION while the rest of us look to "maybe next year!" Congratulations!

It has been a fun year and a great thread ~ Thanks VEGGIE ~ I think most of our teams did carry "the excitement" for us, for most of the year.