Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-30-2007, 06:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default What Is The Support You're Looking For?

Sometimes, I just want to ramble and get something out of my system.
Sometimes, I want someone to agree with me.
Sometimes, I want (and need) a reality check.
Sometimes, I want the answer to a question.

What does 'support' mean to you? here at 3FC I mean.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

support means advice (whether i agree with it or not) on my question that may help me come up with a solution (even if i don't want to hear what others say)

support means a cheer when i've dropped even only 0.5 lbs

support mean a group of friends with varying ideas that ensure my weight loss is safe and healthy and help bring me up when the lack of wt loss has got me down

support means good people, with varying oppinions, that help me get to my end goal.

support is the largest pep rally behind me for my little journey in life called weight loss

support is a good group of friend that i can laugh and cry with
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Usually for me, it means just being able to rant and ramble. Better to you guys than my DH. LOL

Though, sometimes an answer to a question as well.

Sometimes it means sharing my excitement over even the littlest victories.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

For me, SUPPORT means knowing that I am not in this alone. It means having others that care enough to listen to me; to provide me with a laugh now and then; to give advice if I ask for it; to cheer me on when things seem impossible.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 09:05 AM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

What I find to be the most helpful/supportive aspect of this site, is that 100% of the people here are interested in weight loss. That is not the case at home. It is wonderful, simply wonderful to be able to "speak" with like-minded people who never tire of talking about weight loss and all that it encompasses. The successes, the disappointments, the struggles.

Though we all don't always agree at times, which of course would be absolutely impossible, just knowing that there is some place to turn to during this long, often very bumpy journey is absolutely priceless.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:00 AM   #6  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

To me
Support is not only a WAY TO GO when I lose a lb. Support is a kick in the pants when those that care about me know I am not losing weight in a healthy manner. Anyone can say way to go. Only those that really care about us will tell us to knock it off when we are being stupid about something.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #7  
Happy New Rears!

I can't talk about my dieting and my feelings with anyone in real life. My cooworkers aren't interested, my husband doesn't understand, my friends don't realize what I am going through.

but here, I can say want I want without reservation and there is always someone to listen and give feedback, help, advice or a pat on the back, I would not have been as successful without this forum to come to.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:24 AM   #8  
I restore Teeth.

Support to me, is encouragement when I need it the most. The best support comes from people who I think, have been in my shoes and beyond. The best support, is solid and reaosnable advice from a person thinking from my point of view.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #9  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

To me support here at 3FC means...

The ability to look at the way I'm doing things, and being able to compare that to the way other people aredoing things, and then decide what might work best for me.

A place to come where I can cheer and get cheers because I managed to get up off the couch and exercise on any given day.

A place to get tips about weight loss and all it encompasses... emotions, food choices, clothes shopping, and exercise.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

My favorite of the above is by Rockinrobin:
Quote:
...people who never tire of talking about weight loss.
I can be pretty persistent and boring when I get going on the subject of me and my weight loss. It is good that I have someplace to vent.

One of the things I like about 3fc is that nearly everyone is on the "same page" with regard to promoting healthy attitudes and safe weight loss.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #11  
Used to be Archy

S/C/G: 220/171/145

Height: 5'4

My weight loss journey borders on the ridiculous. With that in mind, I feel that support is to laugh along with me during the more ludicrous moments, give me good advice when somehow I am stuck, and to just chat about weight loss with people who will not give me the "eat insect broth" diet.

And you know what, that's exactly what I have gotten.
Eves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Oh, Archy, the "Eat Insect Broth Diet". I love it. My cats are on that plan.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #13  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

gail
lol mine too

Archy
You are to right. My cat is so fat lol those bugs much be full of sugar lol. Yes I need the WAY TO GO yes I need the KICK IN THE PANTS. Yes I need the laughs. I need to hear how people are doing and I need them to care how I am doing. My doctor can say nice you lost a lb. My friends laugh at me and with me when I do the carrot dance for losing that lb

Last edited by Shy Moment; 09-30-2007 at 11:10 AM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #14  
300+ Chick

Support on 3fc to me..

Knowing am not alone on this battle, seeing life ups and down since joining and seeing/reading real people struggle on losing, or maintaining. Real people.Real success and struggles. Of all walks of life!

A place where I can vent and cyber Angels(3FC supporters) show me thier love and understanding to keep plugging along on this battle.. Thank you 3FC supporters!!

Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I must have the only cat on the planet on an insect-free diet. I used to have a cat I would use instead of a flyswater. I would just hold her up to the spider or whatever on the wall or ceiling and she'd dispatch it for me. No fuss, no muss. Our current kitty is afraid of bugs, and when she sees one, acts like a pointer (oops better not let her know I compared her to a D.O.G.) She looks at it and cries until my husband kills it and actually shows her the kleenex with the dead bug in it (I kid you not).

Oh, support, yeah. Well obviously letting me get away with off-topic tangents like stories of my crazy cat.

Having people that don't get fed up with the topic of weight loss (or lack of it).

Having people to argue with (in a good way), who aren't going to take any disagreement as a personal offense (ok, some do, but mostly I think everyone here actually VALUES multiple opinions. We're tired of being told there's only one right way to do things).

People who aren't afraid to tell me I'm being ridiculous (whether or not I agree).

People tolerating (and sometimes even responding positively) to my novel-length posts.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote