LA Weight Loss - LAWL Chicks to the Finish Challenge_Part 2

Joni135
09-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Our other thread was getting rather large, so I'm starting a new thread. I can do that since I am Queen!

The purpose of this challenge is to reach goal weight by the end of the year. This challenge is closed to new participants. It started on June 22 and runs thru December 19, 2007.

There are 18 participants and they each have a vested interest. In case anyone forgot that they are in this challenge, let me refresh you with the list of participants....(Tina and Val are "neck and neck" for first place so far...but we've got 11.5 weeks to go!!)

Kimphin (Kim)
Mama Nicole
Repo girl (Katie)
tammie07 (Tammie)
emmysmom (Tina)
LittleBlueCat (Nanc)
Jrny2aNewMe (Val)
videochick (Melissa)
healthy2b (Carrie)
Joni135 (Joni)
bizlawchick (Cassi)
Boos Mom (Lea Ann)
Wendelina (Wendy)
Galachick (Renee Strickland)
Snowdogs (Chrissy)
Sznn (Susan)
Angie
LizzyW

Boo'sMom
09-29-2007, 01:26 PM
I say a hearty CONGRATS to all you guys--I am hanging in at the same but i am okay with it--it's not a gain and it's only my fault. Love my job but the gals I work with are terrible for bringing "bad" stuff around--oh well. The important thing right now is I love my job and the people I work with--can't ask for more. I hope all is well with all my pals--I miss you all everyday!!

Joni135
09-30-2007, 11:11 AM
Hi Lea Ann - so happy to hear the job is going well! You know you cannot "bow out" of this challenge. It's simply not allowed!! Now, hit the floor and give me 30 situps!! LOL. I really need to start taking this challenge more seriously myself. I've had a horrible POOP weekend!

healthy2b
09-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Lea Ann - so glad to hear the new job is going so well

Joni- thanks for starting the new thread and being our Queen!

LittleBlueCat
10-01-2007, 10:31 AM
Morning y'all: OK - I am taking this seriously now. I've dillydallied enough (is it even a word?), and October 1st falls on a Monday, it's a perfect day to start over! So I am on a Take Off yesterday and today, and starting over NOW! I was POP yesterday! Very proud, and gotta tell you a NSV- the boss brought donuts!! In the break room... next to the coffee machine... my fav... I took a deep breath, inhaled the donut smell... and walked away!! I hope I won't show a gain because I smell it..... just kidding...

Anyways, no change this week, still 159, but I know it will go down by next Monday, because:

I AM GOING TO BE POP EVERYDAY!!

It's a promise to me and you :) Golly, I hope I can do it... talk is cheap you know, it's the action that worth a million...

emmysmom
10-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi Queen Joni :wave: You're right...our other thread was getting huge!

I guess I'm back from lurking now...well, almost. My budgets are 99% done. I'm just waiting on some final approvals and I can finish printing and ship them out. Just to help you feel my pain, this process starts in July and goes until October with meetings at the corporate office scheduled for the 16th. It's just a nightmare!

But, on a good note, except for one or two days, I did stay POP through all the stress. That's HUGE for me!!!

My WI today is 143.4...I'm really hoping to hit the 130's before I leave for my budget meeting on the 15th. That will put me at 50 pounds gone!! WOOHOO!!!

healthy2b
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Joni- your doing fantastic.....I know you'll meet your goal. As for me, I'm still bouncing around, this morning WI was 187.9.

Joni135
10-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Tina - how come your photo gallery isn't working?

I'm still waiting for a few gals to check in. A lot of us are hovering, but still in the game! Tina and Val are the ones to beat!

emmysmom
10-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Try it now, Joni...

Joni135
10-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Now it's working...hey...what's with that salt shaker on top of our stove!!! haha.

emmysmom
10-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Ha! You're funny! I had to go look at the pictures to see what you were talking about...which reminded me that I have to take out those extra "fuzzy" pictures that came out when I was playing around with making a new avatar.

Wendelina
10-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Oh Queen Joni - I'm checking in! I'm at 173.8 by the way.. more later.

Joni135
10-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Good job Wendy....a loss is a loss!

Wendelina
10-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah.. at least the scale is moving in the right direction again! We did finally get the "new" plan in our COD and it seems to be working and has reinspired me. Now if I can just get on that tread mill again!!!

Joni135
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
I used to exercise 5 days a week, and now I'm lucky to get in 2 days. In the words of Nike - "Just Do It!"

Joni135
10-08-2007, 10:31 AM
10 weeks and a couple days left in this challenge. What have you done for yourself lately????? Check in gals. My BNWI this morning wasn't what I hoped for...160....it WILL be better tomorrow!

LizzyW
10-08-2007, 01:09 PM
I didn't WI this morning. I will get it to you by tomorrow. Last I checked I was the same. GRRRR!!!

Everyone else, you are doing great. Keep up the good work.

Mama Nicole
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I am not going to report my BNWI from this morning. It is bad, and I don't care to admit to it LOL. That's all I have to say about that :)
XOXO

healthy2b
10-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Okay, finally heading back in the right direction...WI this morning was 186.4.

Wendelina
10-08-2007, 05:41 PM
10 weeks left? Holy crap.. I'd better get my arse in gear huh?

Joni135
10-08-2007, 06:46 PM
You and me both, Wendelina!!

Nicole - too funny. You mean to say you had a FUN vacation!!

Mama Nicole
10-11-2007, 11:06 AM
ok, just bumping up to remind me of the prize. :) And, yeah, I had a FUN vacation!!!!

Joni135
10-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Okay team - I'll be travelling next week, so I'm going to see if I can get a Friday weigh in. I'll be sending an email msg as well since half the folks in this challenge are on the path to self-destruction and must be brought back to reality!! There are no quitters in this Challenge. If you quit for any reason, you will be required to post a full body picture of yourself in a skimpy bikini!!! LOL.......okay, I have to figure out how many diuretics and laxatives I can take to have a decent weigh in tomorrow (JUST KIDDING!).

Mama Nicole
10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Joni....you are too funny. I am trying sooooo hard to stay strong :) This is my first official day back OP since Germany.....and it is really hard. I just keep obsessing about food........but I am fighting it hard. My new jeans my mom bought me for my trip are feeling a bit snug....and they were almost too big when I left. I can do this, I can do this......and so can you!!!
XOXO

healthy2b
10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Joni----I agree with Nicole, your always cracking me up.....I'll send my WI in the morning.

healthy2b
10-12-2007, 10:29 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot: WI this morning is .....184.0!!! I finally get to move my ticker:D! I'm hoping that this means I'm finally unstuck!!! Maybe Tina's Fucothin is starting to work for me....along with tweeking my plan a little. I have a new councelor at the COD and when she saw that I skipped a couple of things on my plan she gave me a dirty look and scolded me but the other councelor said "if it works for you, go for it"...so as long as I keep losing I'm going to skip a starch or fat.

Mama Nicole
10-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Good for you, Carrie :)!!!! It is always so nice when you get to move the ticker in the right direction!!!

I am going to move mine by next week if my gain isn't gone yet. Only thing is, it will be moving in the wrong direction. I gained 6 pounds on vacation.......so I am not going to report my WI just yet. Joni......if you really need it, I will e-mail it to you.......but I am pretty much in denial. It works for me :)
XOXO

emmysmom
10-12-2007, 11:15 AM
I am happy (ok I'm jumping up and down and doing the happy dance :carrot:)...my WI today is 139.4!!!!!!!!! I hit the 50 pound mark AND can kiss the 140's GOODBYE :wave:

LizzyW
10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
Well, I was down to 168 yesterday and back up to 169 today. This yoyoing sucks. But I really have nobody to blame but myself. I ate one of those Grandma's oatmeal cookies yesterday. BAD!! :mad: I think I am going to see about cutting out a starch or fruit too to try to get me unstuck. This is really rediculuous even when I stay on plan I cant break the 168 mark.

Jrny2aNewMe
10-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Well, I've been putting off posting today's number - you know, hoping that if I ignored it, it would go away - but no such luck. 266.4 this a.m.

It has really started to slow down these last few weeks, and I must admit it is really starting to get me down as other than Thanksgiving I have been at the very least OP and usually POP, however, that old sclae is just stuck right now.

But enough about me - Way to go Tina - Congratulations!

Joni135
10-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Tina - congrats....you are doing great (you need to update your photo gallery - the last pics were taken back around Aug 24 and you've lost 10 lbs since then!!

Carrie - glad you are unstuck.

Lizzy - I'm with you..gaining and losing the same 2 lbs for the last...uh....3 months. I guess if I want to look on the bright side, at least I haven't gained 10 lbs.

Where are the rest of my peeps???

Mama Nicole
10-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Hooray for Tina!!!!!XOXO

Boo'sMom
10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey girls--just a quick pop in to say hello. Still the same. Thought I'd do a little reading and was thrilled with Jillian's news. Other than that this is the only thread I'll look at--too many!! Nicole--I missed your trip?? Hope it was fabulous. Crazy busy here with school, soccer, life--you all know the drill. DH's grandfather passed away Friday so we've been doing all that--ugh--I can't imagine waking up alone after 67 years. All for now--I am supposed to be balancing my checkbook and I snuck over here instead. Love and miss you all!!!!

Mama Nicole
10-16-2007, 06:26 PM
Hey Lea Ann.........sooo good to see you. Did you see that kim(phin) checked in on the losers thread? Yeay!!!

Man, so many of you are traveling this week........makes me want to get a job.........

Joni135
10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
quick check in. I'm busy and little time to check in. Doing well foodwise since my kitchen is 800 miles away! Lea Ann - sorry about your family's loss. Gotta go see what kimphin said!

Kimphin
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi girls - well, after my few weeks not following the plan, I am up to 207. Wrong direction for this challenge. OK, back on the wagon. And, I suppose it is time to get the ticker to be truthful! (darn lying ticker).

Hi Lea Ann - sorry to hear about the death in your family. 67 years, wow. Now that's a life accomplishment.

Joni135
10-20-2007, 05:56 AM
Kim - you are still down from when you started the challenge!! You/we can do this! Tina and Val are our definite leaders right now, but it's still anybody's game.

Joni135
10-20-2007, 06:04 AM
Okay - a few Chicks to the Finish challengers have been missing for over a month. In all fairness, I don't want anyone to suddenly appear the last week of the challenge with some huge weight loss number and collect the nice prize.........SOOOOOOO....

The week of October 22-28 will be considered a mandatory weigh in. If I do not hear from a registered participant, I will have to eliminate them from the challenge.

On October 29, I will post the standings of the remaining Chicks to the Finish challengers and then those of us remaining will have about 50 days to duke it out.

LittleBlueCat
10-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Hello Joni, and chickies:
Sorry I've not been posting... Remember the stress I've mention once upon a time at work? Well, I went and applied for another internal job. Went through testing, interview, and actually did get the job. Then my department, upgraded my current position. For over a week, I was tortured by "what should I do"... Finally got the decision- I am not happy with it, but I'm staying put. After all, I have been in my current position for bout 9 years... and I feel after this upgrade, I should at least stay for a few more months...
To cut the story short, I should be back on regular schedule- and will check in on Monday.
Thank you much,
nancy

Joni135
10-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Nancy - good luck with everything at work. I know the feeling and, personally, just wish I'd win the lottery! Through all this please remember that YOU and your health are more important than anything else out there.

LittleBlueCat
10-22-2007, 09:31 AM
10/22/07 Monday Morning Check IN: 159.0

I am a failure-

emmysmom
10-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi Joni :wave:

I got your e-mail and I will be checking in this week, but not today. As I posted on the loser's thread, traveling led to a whole week of being totally off-plan. So TO today and tomorrow...I'll check in with my WI after that ;)

Jrny2aNewMe
10-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Good morning!

262.4 this morning.

I won't be checking in next week until Tuesday, the 30th as I will be in Vegas on the 29th.

LizzyW
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
GM, I am checking in today at 168.0. Not bad for breaking the 5 day plateau I was trying to do. So I am going to start on it again today. I know it is working because I haven't been this low in a while. I know I am going to break the plateau.

healthy2b
10-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Wi this mornig was 183.2, was down to 182.6 but had a bad non-pop weekend:(

Mama Nicole
10-22-2007, 01:44 PM
10/22/07 Monday Morning Check IN: 159.0

I am a failure-

You, Nancy, are NOT a failure!!!! Gains happen.........believe me, I KNOW this to be true :) You can do this.....just start right now. Joni is right......there is nothing more important than your health. And, cut yourself some slack.........I'm pretty sure you don't expect any of US to be POP all the time. Stuff happens..........and then we move on!!!

I have been wondering where you have been........so glad you are back :)
XOXO

galachick
10-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi, everyone! I know I have been MIA. I will be sending my BNW in the a.m. Joni, if you are in the Northeast Georgia area please stop by and give me a big kick in the rear!!!!:^:

Kimphin
10-22-2007, 10:24 PM
BNWI was 206.5

Nancy - chin up, girl. You are not a failure! Stress can do a number on us. Try to stay positive, and give yourself a pass. Jump back in with us!

galachick
10-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Bnwi = 182.4

Joni135
10-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Hey Kimphin - if the contest were between you and I, we'd be tied at a BIG four lb loss each!!

Val - great job. You started this challenge at 297 so you are down 35 lbs. Boy, that must feel good. Be good in Vegas, and if you can't be good, be lucky!

Tina - I hear you on the travel all week. I thought I was good because I worked out 4 of the 5 days, but the scale said otherwise this morning. I'm at 161.5 AGAIN!

Nancy - Keep plugging away. You/we can do this!

sznn
10-25-2007, 11:21 AM
BNWI = 152

Whoopeee (note the sarcasm)

-S

Joni135
10-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Suzanne - you're still down....about 4.5%. Much better than the alternative, yes?

Nicole - don't forget to give me a number!!

Where's Katie (Repo???)

emmysmom
10-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Joni - I'll be giving you my WI tomorrow. It's been kinda like "Let's Make a Deal" between me and the scale. It's like okay, you can take today's WI and give it to Joni OR you can trade it in for what's behind the curtain. lol So whatever the number is tomorrow will be the number that I'm sticking with this week.

Mama Nicole
10-25-2007, 06:11 PM
:rofl:....Tina, you crack me up, girl!!! I have been playing the same game. I will post my BNWI in the a.m. It is not going to be good, but it will be better than it was last week :) TOM just stopped in.......so even though it makes for a $hitty WI, it makes next weeks look all that much better :) Working hard......working nights......working weekends...(from SNL, Bush impersonation).

emmysmom
10-26-2007, 10:25 AM
For no apparant reason whatsoever, my WI today was 143.0...whatever :censored:

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Don't feel bad, Tina.........my BNWI was 196.6. I am tyring not to let it get me down, as I did have a loss this week, and a pretty darn good one, but I just couldn't bring myself to admit my numbers at the beginning of the week. What can ya do? I am debating about moving my ticker..........I really like to move it when I have a loss, and to have to wait 5 more pounds sucks........but having the move it the wrong way sucks pretty darn bad too. Hang in there girl..........and don't worry, you are still probably going to kick everyone's a$$ :) But I know......a gain is hard to overcome mentally. You can do it!!!
XOXO
P.S..........I even considered lying about my WI today....but that is just not right :) Also, remind me not to try typing before my first pot of coffee.......I totally suck at this right now. :lol:

emmysmom
10-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I did change my ticker, Nicole. I hate doing it too, but like you, I like to be able to change it when I have a loss. For some reason I gained 3 pounds and am stuck there...for no apparant reason. Very frustrating! But I'm trying to just be proud of what I have done so far and not let these few pounds get me down. But it does suck!!!

Mama Nicole
10-26-2007, 11:04 AM
ok, I changed mine too :) Feels better........

Kimphin
10-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh, I feel for you Nicole - I'd rather cut off a finger than move the ticker the wrong way (hey, wait.... then maybe I'd have lost that weight.... how much does a finger weigh?) but, I commend you on being true to yourself. 'Cuz, that's what this is about, right? You! We're just all here sharing our own pain. It's a no-judgement zone.

Love ya!

I'll post a weight on Monday. I had an interview an hour away at 9am today... there was no time to weigh in!

Joni135
10-29-2007, 06:09 AM
Last week was a mandatory weigh in. One contestant dropped out and four have not replied yet (Wendy, Cassi, Katie and Tammy).

Tina and Val are out in front. We have 7.5 weeks to go! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!! Attached is a Word doc with all the numbers.

Mama Nicole
10-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks Joni....for keeping all of our stats :)
My BNWI this am is 196.2. I don't really think I can win anymore.......but I am sure going to try :)

Kimphin
10-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Well, there it is in black and white!

^%&^$&$%@ !

Congrats to Val and Tina for continuing to kick butt in this challenge.

healthy2b
10-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Joni - thanks for keeping track...WI this morning was 181.2.

Tina and Val - you gals are doing a great job!

Joni135
10-29-2007, 10:24 PM
Carrie - you are doing great! Keep up the good work.

Kim - new avatar picture??? something looks different in it. Are you looking for a new job?

emmysmom
10-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone...and Joni for keeping on top of everything.

I really need a swift kick in the butt, though. I don't know why I'm struggling lately. Ever since I got back from my trip, I just can't seem to get back into the groove.

Kimphin
10-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Joni - yeah, new pic. The old one is still in my profile. No more bangs.
I had applied for a couple of jobs, got one, which I took (supposed to start before Thanksgiving), but it might be a little boring. I had also applied for 2 other jobs, one which is great, but an hour away. Had the 2nd interview of Fri,and I think they are going to offer it to me. 3rd application is the job I really want, my district, 5 minutes away, and I have an in with the boss, but the interview isn't until next Friday. Ugh. I would normally never take a job and then quit, but I'm tired of looking out for everyone else. It's very uncomfortable.

healthy2b
10-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Thanks Joni - I've been trying really hard but fell of the wagon and I mean way off yesterday. Oh well, today is a new day and I'm getting right back on. I was scared to weigh this morning thinking I probably gained 2lbs yesterday.....I'll be really good today and see how WI goes tomorrow:(

Joni135
10-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Tina - this msg is from Emily.

"mommy - please keep eating healthy and getting all trim and slim so you can continue to play with me and when I get older we can share clothes. I plan to be a size six or eight max. Also, if you get too big you won't be able to secretly spy on me...I'll see you all the time! :cheer::cheer:

Oh, I may be a little bit short to kick you in the a$$, so you'll have to settle for the shin!"
:kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt:

Love, your daughter, Emily

emmysmom
10-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Harsh Joni, Harsh...

emmysmom
10-30-2007, 05:29 PM
Oh, and my dear daughter Emily - thank you for the words of love and encouragement, but for saying a$$, you need to stand in the corner for 3 minutes...we don't say bad words. :)

LizzyW
10-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Well today I was 168, but hope to be back down this week. The weekends are just so hard when we are doing stuff with the kids. Amazing how my will power goes out the door. GRRR.

Mama Nicole
10-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Lizzy..........did you realize that you are only 16 lbs from your goal? Just wanted to make sure you realized just how well you have done.......even if it has taken you longer than you had hoped :smile: Hang in there girlie :smile:

Jrny2aNewMe
10-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Joni - Thanks for keeping track of this for us - I don't know if I said before how much I appreciate it - I know it's a lot of work keeping us all in line :).

Well, back from Vegas and obviously had a few too many liquid starches and fruits, so WI on Oct 30 was 265. I know that's all from the copious amounts of alcohol, and hopelfully is mostly water retention - so hopefully should be gone again soon.

Joni135
10-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Val and all - I enjoy running the challenges. I never win, but it keeps me somewhat honest on this journey. This one has been especially fun since the prize is so good :-)

emmysmom
11-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Joni - I just wanted to tell you that I shared your post from "Emily" with DH...he thought it was great! But then he gave me a kick in the butt on behalf of Emily:) It really was a great reminder as to one of my main reasons for getting healthy. I printed your post and have it in my office...so thanks! :hug:

Wendelina
11-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Hello from long lost girl... my life is **** (work) but I'm plugging away yet. I'm down to 172 for the record Joni.. even though it's Friday! I may be back yet today since I sincerely need a pick me up from you folks.

Have a fantastic Friday!

emmysmom
11-02-2007, 11:12 AM
Hi Wendy!!! :wave:

Mama Nicole
11-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey Wendy:smile:. So good to see you.........don't forget to stop and smell the roses every now and then :hug:
XOXO

Kimphin
11-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey Wendy! Good to hear from you!

OK, this AM was at 203. S L O W. Snail-like losses!

OK, gotta go - halloween party tonight, DH and I are going as Britney (the fatter version!) and K-Fed. Not quite as good as when we went as Seigfried and Roy ( with the white tiger gnawing on his neck), but it'll get a laugh anyway.

Mama Nicole
11-02-2007, 10:19 PM
OMG....Kim, you HAVE to post pictures for us!!!! Ok, my stupid number keys have a mind of their own. Sometimes I can type my exclaimation points, and sometimes not.....whatever......anyway......do tell, are you going to show your lady business in public, Brittany style??? :rofl:

Kimphin
11-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh, I was not authentic. I kept my panties on!

We did not win, but that's OK, we had fun anyway. I'll try to put up pics somewhere.

Mama Nicole
11-04-2007, 08:16 PM
wow......check out your ticker, Kim :) whoohooo!!!!

Kimphin
11-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey, we match!

Joni135
11-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Okay, my BNWI this morning was 160.5, which was fine with me considering we hosted friends and family at a mountain cabin this weekend and the agenda consisted of eating, drinking and hiking. I guess the 5 mile hike on Saturday and the 3.5 mile hike on Sunday helped!

Kim - what's the latest on the job front?

Wendy - glad you are still with us; these holidays coming up can be tough!

Tina - and how was your weekend???????????/

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 10:55 AM
Joni......are you having trouble sleeping, or have you always been an extreme early bird? Nice WI after a full weekend........wish I could say the same :)

Kim....yeah, we match....we've both been on LAWL for over a year, and we have both netted a 26 lb loss.....:lol:.

Everyone do good today.......how many weeks left in the challenge, Joni?

Jrny2aNewMe
11-05-2007, 12:23 PM
WI this am is 264.2, not what I had hoped for but considering I had 2 meals out this weekend, one of which was ham, I'll take it.

Kimphin
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Misery loves company, Nicole! And I love you!

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Which one are you, misery or comany? :lol: And, I love you too :)
XOXO

emmysmom
11-05-2007, 03:21 PM
My weekend was good, Joni. I didn't WI today. TOM is coming, so I may wait a few days. Plus my mom made beef stew yesterday that was too salty! Funny how when I lived at home, I was used to her salt usage. Now that I hardly use any when I cook, her food always tastes too salty for me:) It was still good, though.

Joni135
11-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Everyone do good today.......how many weeks left in the challenge, Joni?

NICOLE!!!!! How many weeks until DS's birthday in December? That's how many weeks left in the challenge. Okay, I'll save you a few seconds of search time. Five weeks and two days. I am an early bird, but this morning I had to take former FIL to the hospital at 5 AM. He is having one kidney removed. He pulled through his surgery just fine and he's 78 years old.

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 05:03 PM
wowser........he must be in a lot of pain. I think anytime they are removing something, it is pretty tough on people. What a trooper he is......and what a sweetheart you are for taking him :) Is 78 really that old? I mean, I guess it is, kinda......but how is it that my mom doesn't seem like an old lady......but supposedly she is? I used to think 30 (many many years ago) was the start of old age......now it is looking more like 75 or 80.

Mama Nicole
11-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Tina.......have you really lost 48 lbs since the start of our chicks to the finish challenge????? I know you have been kicking butt and taking names......but is it really almost 50 lbs?????????????????????

healthy2b
11-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Joni - glad FIL is doing well after surgery!

WI this morning was 180.2.

LittleBlueCat
11-05-2007, 09:26 PM
:nono: I forgot to weight in... is that such a surprise?? I've been avoiding that thing like it don't even exsist... I am sure it will punish me when I do find it... I think it's under the bed.... or may be in the basement?... oh well, I might as well go find it...

Joni135
11-05-2007, 09:45 PM
LOL Nancy - got you down at 160.

Nicole - Tina's doing great; she's lost about 25 lbs since starting this challenge. I'm assuming the other lbs were lost before the challenge started. I've lost a total of 16 lbs since starting LAWL - 16 months ago!! hahaha (if I don't laugh I will cry).

emmysmom
11-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Thanks, Joni...I wasn't sure what my weight was when we started the challenge. The 48 pounds has been since April, Nicole.

Mama Nicole
11-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Wow, Tina.......that is incredible!!! You must be feeling like a rockstar!!! WTG!

Joni.....don't feel bad.....you can join Kim and I in the misery loves company group :) We love you!!! :lol:
XOXO

LizzyW
11-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Hello,

I wanted to post my WI today, since I forgot to do it this morning. Imagine that. I was 167 this morning and have been mostly POP today. I did have one oatmeal raisin cookie, but just one. I gave the other one to a co-worker. I am really trying to be POP, but sometimes it is so hard. Like you don't know that. LOL

Liz

emmysmom
11-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks Nicole...you're too sweet! I feel proud of what I accomplished. The only thing that I am not liking so much is the fact that I hit 139 and was thrilled...then for the past 3 weeks, I've been between that and 143 - up and down for no apparant reason. So I'm hoping I can break through and hit my goal. If not, then I may have to reconsider and make my goal be 140. We'll see.

Joni- WI today ws 141.0. I think to avoid my ups/downs of WI and feeling frustrated, I'm just going to WI once/week on Wednesdays.

Mama Nicole
11-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Tina......I think sometimes a once a week WI is much less stressful. :)

Kimphin
11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
BNWI this am was 205. Ooops. Had a little too much fun in NYC yesterday!

Nicole - we not longer match, sorry!

Joni - Yes, please join Nicole and I in our little group! And about the job - I just accepted an offer, and I am freaking out because I now have to quit my other 'new' job. I feel really badly, but the pay is a LOT more for the latest job.

LizzyW
11-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Well my BNWI is 170. I have got to work harder. I can't believe how easy it is to slip back into bad habits.

Mama Nicole
11-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I will WI tomorrow, I promise :)

Mama Nicole
11-12-2007, 12:45 PM
and Kim....we may still be twins :lol:

healthy2b
11-12-2007, 01:46 PM
WI this morning was 180.8:( I sure did what to see the 170's but I guess I'll just have to wait a few more days and stay POP.

Joni135
11-12-2007, 10:39 PM
We must ALL be drinking the same kool-aid; my weigh in this morning put me in shock so I'll weigh again on Wednesday...5 weeks before the FINAL weigh in!

Jrny2aNewMe
11-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey all!

Sorry I din't check in yesterday, but I didn't go anywhere near the computer. Anyway WI this morning is 260.7.

Mama Nicole
11-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Is kool aid on the new plan? :lol:

Joni135
11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes - Kool aid (SF of course) is on the plan!
Val - great job!!
Okay - scale was pretty kind this morning, so I obviously had some water retention going yesterday. So far, I've been pretty good today. I'm about to eat a salad from Arby's - they had one called Santa Fe. I'll see how this compares to the now defunct McDonald's SW salad. I was just too lazy to cook this afternoon (okay, this month). I need a housecleaner, chef and personal trainer right about now!

emmysmom
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Joni - today's WI is 139.2 - WOOHOO!!! Hopefully the scale continues downward.

Tuesday Cool
11-14-2007, 10:24 PM
POP again and the scale proved it works! I was down 1.2# (even with TOM!). Feeling successful feels better than eating that hamburger last week! Plus, in yoga I was able to do a forward fold further then ever before in my life!
I feel great. So happy to be TOM and not pre-TOM! :yoga:

Kimphin
11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Ugh. still at 205.

The good (?) news is that my new office is inthe middle of NoWhere - so I will have to plan lunch and pack it and actually eat it, no last minute changes. So, officially next week I will set out to lose 70 lbs in 3 weeks.

Mama Nicole
11-16-2007, 10:54 AM
That's my girl, Kim.....always level headed and wise :) You can do it!!! :lol:

Joni135
11-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Kim - isn't everything in upstate NY in the middle of nowhere??? very funny about the quick weight loss....let me know your plan cause I need to follow it too!

I just ate a yummy salad with those fake chicken nuggets that are really good. I bought some of the Ken's spritzing honey mustard salad dressing I saw advertised on Hungry Girl and it was all quite tasty. Now, hopefully, tonight I can pass on liquid starches and make this a pretty good day!

Kimphin
11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Joni - I live just outside the capital of the state, so I am in civilization. New job is cow country. And snow country.

Hey, if the 70 in 3 plan works, I'll let you know!

Kimphin
11-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Or was that 3 lbs in 70 weeks????

Oh, that's the plan I've been following! Oops.

Joni135
11-18-2007, 07:26 PM
Or was that 3 lbs in 70 weeks????
Oh, that's the plan I've been following! Oops.Kim - you are not alone! I've been on the 3FC site for 18 months and lost a grand total of 16 lbs. The good part is I haven't gained it all back and I made some great e-friendships.

Okay, Monday - new week. 5 weeks left on this challenge.

Final weigh in days will be Nov 21, 28, Dec 5, Dec 12 (I'm on my cruise so you can check in, but you probably won't hear much from me). Our two main contenders are Tina and Val and it's pretty close. While I highly doubt I can win this thing, my personal goal is to keep my weight under 160 during this tempting time of year. And exercise must be brought back into the program!!!

My local county is running a Biggest Loser type competition: "Better Weight than Ever" Program. A friendly competition among teams that will help you with your weight loss and healthier lifestyle goals. Teams of 5 members each weigh in between Jan 2-11 and then do a final weigh in in May. The team pays $100 to enter ($20 a person) and the Winning team gets a $500 certificate. I'm going to try and pull a team together. Why not!!??? We have to actually go in and weigh together (just like on The Biggest Loser), so, unfortunately, you guys cannot join me :-(

emmysmom
11-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Checking in early...no change this week, Joni :(

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :hug:

Joni135
11-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks for checking in Tina...I'm sure you'll move the scale next week!
Where the heck is everyone this week...only a couple checked in!

Jrny2aNewMe
11-21-2007, 02:12 PM
I've been avoiding checking in this week - I keep waiting for a better number, but so far no luck. So 260.7 it is.

Joni135
11-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Hello my peeps...hope Thanksgiving was special for everyone. DH and I spent our time with his mom in Memphis, TN. She was just diagnosed with leukemia (AML for those of you familiar with this) so we hung out with her at the hospital and talked and talked and laughed and cried and talked some more. I hate that we are seven hours away from her, but she wanted to get her treatment and after care closer to home. Needless to say, mindful eating has not been high on my priority list, although I have a newfound determination to take care of my health while I can actually control it!

Val and Tina are doing great in this challenge....I'm so proud of their progress and cannot wait to see who the winner will be!!

I'm busy with work and leaving on my cruise in less than two weeks. I'm excited for the getaway and the only thing I've got packed are my workout clothes!

Jrny2aNewMe
11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Hey all - 257.1 this morning. I'm bound and determined to break 250 before this challenge is over!

Boo'sMom
11-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey girls!!! I am still around--have gained a couple pounds but I'm dealing. Had to check in on everyone and glad to see so many familiar faces. An early congratulations to whoever takes my $$--lol--you deserve it!! All is well around here. Still love my job--mostly my kids--some I could run over with my car. Had a BUNCH of company for Thanksgiving and somehow didn't gain--weird--too stressed making sure everyone was having a great time I guess. Like Felicia--I am already counting the days til Christmas Break--4 weeks! Only 3 instructional for me then review and semester tests. This year has gone by so fast. Okay--I miss you all and will check in more often.

Joni135
11-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey LeaAnn - thanks for checking in; good girl for holding steady in the weight department. Glad school is going so well too!
Great job Val! you KNOW you can get to 250!!!

Val and Tina seem to be our main contenders in the Chicks to the Challenge finish. Since you two are so close, I'm going to ask that you two PM me your last few weigh ins (Dec 3, Dec 10, and Dec 19 (final weigh in is Dec 19). These should be BNWIs each morning!!! Good luck and you are both winners in my book!

Mama Nicole
11-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Joni.......sorry to hear about MIL. My Grandma had Luekemia, but I am not very familiar with the details. I guess it would be wise to ask about it, huh? Is MIL uncomfortable? I sure hope not. She is lucky to have you for her DIL. DH is lucky too... :) I read somewhere (in my feeble efforts to try to catch up) your comment about being "too independant." I hear you. Independant can be lonely sometimes.

I will WI on monday......but not a day before.... :lol:.

I am so proud of Tina and Val for really stepping it up with this challenge. I am sure others have really done well too......but man......you two have really kicked some butt!!! WTG!!!
XOXO

Lea Ann........hey you :) It is good to hear from you :) I am so happy for you that you are loving your job. I really enjoyed your comment about how you might enjoy running a few of them over with your car. :lol:

Joni135
11-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks Nicole.....MIL is in the best of care and while she certainly has some side effects to the medicine, she hasn't been super uncomfortable yet. Every day can bring different results. She had been so tired lately, that she actually had more energy once they started pumping stuff into her.

I have to go catch up on the main thread...but too busy right now. Work and a houseful of worker guys putting up some new fixtures, doors, etc. I figured I can't take what little money I have with me, so I'm doing some home improvements that will just make me happy...so it's Merry Christmas and Happy B'day to me!

Mama Nicole
11-29-2007, 10:52 AM
Joni..........what day is your birthday?

healthy2b
11-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Hi Everybody! I've been MIA since before Thanksgiving so I hope everyone had a good one.

Joni- sorry to hear about your MIL. It sounds like her treatments are helping. I hope she sees continued improvement. Your counting down the days until your cruise.....I would be too...........I love cruises and am so envious of you.

Tine and Val.....you two are awsome!!!! Congratulations on doing such a great job during this challenge.

LeaAnn - glad to hear the job is going so well

I was down to 175.6 this morning.....have had more trips to the dentist and thats probably why my weight has been dropping, can't eat, my mouth is so sore. To my surprise, I was down 1lb after Thanksgiving and then had my teeth problems and it just kept dropping. Hopefully, it won't come back when I can eat again because I'm sure my metabolism has all but shut down due to limited food....mostly just drinking liquids and eating talapia for the past few days. I had a root canal and a crown on one tooth on the left side and then on my right side a tooth with a crown cracked and broke into the bone so they had to pull it and do a bone graft and later will go in and do either an implant or a bridge.:( I'll just be glad when it is all finished. I've always had such good teeth and now all of a sudden things are going down hill fast....I just don't understand since I'm a fanatic about taking care of them this shouldn't be happening.

Anyway, the challenge is almost over....just seems like we just started it...time flies!:)

emmysmom
11-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks, Carrie. Actually, I think the only thing getting me through this holiday season is this challenge. :)

Joni135
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Tina - last year at this time I was in a challenge (Evette won that one) and I did great! I remember being down to 153 on my birthday (which is Dec 22). That was the lowest I have been in a long time, and I'm back up to 160 right now, but, oh well!

Carrie - hope your toofies get all better...but congrats on your losses too. You are doing quite well!

Hi everyone...sorry I've been so quiet, but I am slammed at work. Have a great weekend.

If anything earth shattering is happening on the main thread, can someone pls sum it up here...this is all I have time to check lately!

Joni135
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I lost 33 lbs last week and I am now the leader in this challenge!!!:lol::joker::lol:

emmysmom
12-03-2007, 03:44 PM
WOOHOO Joni! :carrot: :carrot:

Time for me to go hit the cookies since this challenge is one of the few reasons that I'm staying on track these days:)

Mama Nicole
12-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I lost 33 lbs last week and I am now the leader in this challenge!!!:lol::joker::lol:
WTG Joni........I knew you could do it!!! :lol:

Jrny2aNewMe
12-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Hey all - sorry for the late check in, took a couple days off work. Anyway, I was at 255.4 on Monday.

WTG Joni - what's your secret? :joker:

Seriously, though, I'm with Tina - this challenge is the only thing that's keeping me semi on-track right now. We have all these people in the office that are bringing in "samples" of their Christmas baking and it is driving me crazy. That plus the holiday "socializing", this is one tough season. Oh, and thanks Carrie!

healthy2b
12-07-2007, 03:09 PM
What Happened? No WI's this week except Val? I'm still hanging in there at 175.6.

Joni135
12-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Val, Tina and Carrie - you three seem to be the most serious contenders in this challenge!! I gained back 32 of the 33 pounds I lost last week!! LOL!!
Anyway folks, I will not be online until Dec 17, which is just a few days before our FINAL WEIGH IN on Wed morning, Dec 19!!! The contest will officially close at noon (EST) on Wed morning and the prize will be in Thursday's mail.

Good luck and keep on track! This is a very close race and I'm rooting for all of you!

Mama Nicole
12-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh, dangit......Joni....I missed ya I think.......but just in case I didn't....have a blast on your cruise :) We will miss you like crazy!!!
XOXO

Joni135
12-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi Gang....Cannot believe this challenge is nearing the end.....

Tina, Val, Carrie - and anyone else who has lost 10 lbs or more since the start of the challenge - please PM me your weight on Monday and the FINAL weight on Wednesday!! Please use PM since this is a pretty close race! Final $$$ get sent out on Wednesday night or Thursday morning!

If for some strange reason i don't make it back online it's because once I get home I may have to turn around and head to Memphis to tend to family....I promise your check will be sent sooner or later!

My cruise was fun. Tropical Storm OLGA followed us to most of our Caribbean ports and our ship actually missed a record breaking two ports due to weather. Actually, though, my staying on the seas, we had a lot of sun. A lot of wind and I was thankful we were on a huge boat (Freedom of the Seas by Royal Caribbean). While on the ship I took an excellent health program every morning and have decided the secret to losing my weight will be to first detox my liver. I did not succomb to their $300 worth of vitamins, but I actually think a lot of what I learned will help me look at my journey to health in a different way. I've done LAWL for over 18 months and while it's a great program, I obviously need to do something else since I am still overweight...had my body fat measured on the cruise and it was at 29.4% - 30% is bad bad bad. I cannot blame my metabolism as it measured at a healthy level - I burn over 1500 calories a day just by existing. Oh, and the best part was the level of toxicity in my system...over 3 liters.....that's a lot. Our bodies are truly dumping grounds for all sorts of chemicals that prohibit our weight loss. Can you tell I bought into some of what I learned.

Okay...plane for home leaves in an hour. Missed you guys and hope to catch up soon!

Mama Nicole
12-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Hi Joni!!!! So good to see you posting!!! I missed you like crazy!!!! I am glad you had a fun time. I will not be WI for the challenge. I did not win, but I am not giving up :) Thanks for doing this one, girl. It has been a good one. And I know, for Tina.......it got her close, if not to her goal, and that is exactly what it was supposed to do!!! Whoo hooo for Tina. I am so anxious to see who wins the $$$!!!
XOXO

Joni135
12-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Today is the final day of this 6 month challenge!! Are two top qualifying contenders appear to be Emmysmom (Tina) and Jrny2aNewMe (Val). Both have done an amazing job and I'm jealous as all get out.

Tina and Val - please send your final weigh in (via PM or my personal email address) ASAP!!!

Results are NOW posted in a new thread called -"and the WINNER is".

Nicole - First, happy birthday to DS (or is it DD??).
I've really missed chatting with folks on the LAWL thread, but my priorities have shifted a bit this month to family, family, family, work. I need to reprioritize in 2008 to Joni first, family, friends, and then work!!!

Mama Nicole
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the B-Day wishes for DD :) Here she is :)
http://thumb5.webshots.net/t/68/168/8/50/13/2711850130099958805xitHBi_th.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2711850130099958805xitHBi)
XOXO