Old 09-28-2007, 05:26 PM   #1  
Starting Over (again)

S/C/G: 229/183/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Emotional Wreck

I've been abstinant for 14 days, and the emotions are starting to hit me. I was doing my daily journal yesterday, all was fine, I was thanking my HP for getting me through another day, when WHAM!!!!!!!!!

I started feeling major anger and resentment toward my DH. It is a problem we have been dealing with for quite some time, but usually I just go and gorge on food, suppressing the feelings. This time, however, I couldn't run and hide in food, so I was stuck facing and dealing with my problem. I expressed the feelings I have been having (which seemed to only make things worse), and now I feel worse than ever because I really hurt him.

My question to everyone is, are there any non-food ways of dealing with the emotions? Do you guys have any tips, or ideas to help me get through the wreckage?
shelliebellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/171.2/154

Height: 5' 5.5"

When I'm upset I work out! Pretty convenient, huh? I go run a mile or do the elliptical at top speed. It also gives me time to think about what's making me angry, cool off, and wear down my body and mind a little bit, while also producing happy endorphins.
Also maybe it's good to write an angry letter to DH or whoever you may have anger towards and put it aside for a day or two. Come back to it and see if you're still feeling those things and think about how to calmly and gently discuss them with that person, rather than blowing up in the moment.

Hope this helps.

Be careful with those emotions. My mom alienated her family when she went through OA, and to this day they are resentful and hurt still (that was 15 years ago). Just remember-- be/do to others the way you would want them to be/do to you.
mom2mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #3  
kgb

I can really relate. I had one of those days yesterday where I hated everyone, my husband my daughter. I went to bed crying feeling like a real looser, my anger and resentment is killing me and my husband. I can't wait to move on to the steps to rid me of this horrible horrible trait! I know I can't change my self so I pray to God to perform the change for me.
kgb is offline   Reply With Quote