Exercise! - Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds

lisaree
01-08-2002, 05:45 PM
I bought these tapes from QVC a few months ago and want to start using them. Would love to hear from anyone who has used them, how do you like them, etc.

Thanks so much!

SCgal
01-08-2002, 07:23 PM
I have not tried these myself but have heard from others that they are really good and they enjoy doing them. Hae only heard good things about them.

Chickadee
01-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Funny you should ask!
I just got mine today and did the one-mile tape. I loved it. I'm actually looking forward to doing the two-mile tape tomorrow. The only thing I didn't like was the weights. I thought the balls were hard to hold onto. I may use my regular light dumbells tomorrow instead of the balls.

Chickadee

here's the edit part - Now I've done the tapes everyday for the last week and really like them. The one mile is pretty easy though. I'm also getting used to the weights. Anything that can keep me exercising everyday is a good thing, as Martha would say!

SoapBubbles
01-22-2002, 06:50 PM
Do you have to be coordinated to use these tapes?

I generally have a hard time with exercise videos, as I always seem to go the wrong way and be a step behind!

Tammy

Chickadee
01-23-2002, 12:37 AM
I think these are some of the easiest tapes to follow I've ever tried. Leslie shows you the moves at the beginning of each tape and everything that follows is based on those basic steps. I was doing a Richard Simmons tape today (just for some variety) and found myself getting annoyed that it wasn't as clear and easy to follow as the Walk Away the Pounds tapes. I'm starting to sound like a walking ad for these!
Chickadee

melk
01-24-2002, 08:11 AM
I just got the 3 mile tape (a store here in town sells them separately or the whole set) and I love it! It was so easy to do, I could follow with no problems! I had so much fun and the time went so fast! I was so proud of myself in the end for walking three miles! I think I finally found a tape I can do more then once a week...usually I get so discusted with myself for not being able to keep up that I just give up! But there isn't anything I can't follow with this tape! I just love it! I have been telling everyone I know about it! Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! :) :) :)

Mel

Parsp
01-29-2002, 11:04 AM
I'm not familiar with these tapes, but I'd love to know if they're something you could do on the treadmill since you all sound so enthused. I gat a treadmill for Xmas and have done it 30 minutes everyday since. It has some pre-programmed workouts. I've also bought 1 CD and ordered 2 videos that work with the treadmill. I'd like to keep up the variety to keep up the interest.
Thanks,
Paige

Happy Canuk
02-02-2002, 01:07 AM
I have had my tapes for about 2 weeks. I have osteoarthitis in my lower back, and Fibromyalgia. I love these tapes. Everything is easy to do, and I love the weights (balls).

As for doing them on a treadmill - no, that wouldn't work. I think you can adapt the tape for any medical problem. Leslie does a wonderful job of leading. I also tried Richard Simmons and couldn't make head or tails out of what he was doing!

Anne

Jill
02-05-2002, 03:43 PM
I have the set and I love them! They are great for when you are in a time crunch

gypsyjoy
11-09-2002, 12:35 AM
I have been following WW for about 6 weeks. Started doing the 1 mile tape and quickly moved to the the 2 mile tape, working out 3x a week for the past month. The tape is so easy to do and I can already see the results; down 12 pounds and 7 inches. I walked outside all summer long and didn't lose an inch. These tapes are great.

(Not)JustaPrettyFace
11-25-2002, 03:37 PM
I agree with everyone here! These tapes are great, and allow you to work up from 1 mile to the longer 3 mile workout. The only complaints I've ever heard was about the weighted balls, but you don't even need those: you can use regular hand weights or nothing at all if you're starting out. There is one thing though: because these tapes are so easy to do and follow because they're just walking, they get boring pretty fast, so be sure to mix it up a bit with another workout video or a walk outside once in a while. But other than that, they're great!

Jilly's Mom
12-16-2002, 09:24 PM
I am interested in this too. I guess I don't understand, are they Videos or audios? I also was wondering about walking on the treadmill and watching the tape -- it would make time go faster!
I wouldn't do the weights on the treadmill but is there a cardio part for the treadmill?
Thanks in advance,
Jilly's Mom

Rusty*Rusty
12-17-2002, 10:01 AM
Hi Mom! LOL

They are videos and available from about a zillion vendors online. If you do a yahoo search you can find a site called walk-away-the-pounds.net and there is some info there about Leslie and the program.

I've had the three tapes and balls since 11_25 and I've done 24 miles. Yippee.

Leslie does very basic stuff- but speeds it up and adds more upper body movements as you progress from 1 mile to 3 miles. BoxerBob and I (former couch potatoes) are doing well wil the 1 and 2 mile and expect to move up to the three within a month or so. We rotate the 1 and 2 mile depending on time and energy. When I'm tired I use a couple soup cans and BB uses the weights. Both work fine.

You march in place, do leg lifts, side steps, kicks and back kicks. That is it for lower body. Then you add arm raises, some punching type moves and some curls with and without the weights. I really don't see how these would translate to the treadmill.

The music is dull, disco beat stuff but it moves you along at the right pace. We break a sweat even on the 1 mile! The walking group is varied and look like normal people.

We highly recommend these tapes.

Kayte
01-02-2003, 12:30 PM
Hi all. Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I too love the tapes. If you have a Target in your area, you may be able to find a variety of her tapes there, including her 4 mile workout, kick boxing, walk hard and her Christian workouts. They were pretty cheap there.

Now if I can only get motivated to do them faithfully!

ras8779
01-02-2003, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone:)

I've belonged to this forum for a while but I've been so busy I haven't checked on here much. I saw this thread and had to pop in to say how much I love Leslie's workouts:)! In fact I have almost all of her videos! They are super. The older ones are more challenging then her WATP series. But I love them all. She is coming out with a new video series called WATP Express on Jan 15, 2003. I'm not sure if I can tell you where to buy them but it's a website that just sells exercise videos and is very popular. I would love to join you all. I usually do a 1 mile in the AM and a 1 or 2 mile in the PM. I did the Muscle Mile today and plan on doing the WATP abs 2 mile tonight. I hope you all enjoy your videos. Did any of you watch QVC yesterday. Leslie was on for a whole hour. I didn't buy anything though seeing I had most of what she was selling. I am a Leslie junky;)!

Okay gotta run I'm at work and don't want to get caught.

Rose

madtypist
01-02-2003, 07:32 PM
Hi to everyone!!!

I have been doing the tapes for a while and I really like them. I started off with the 1 mile tape and I just got the 2 mile for Christmas and I have been doing that one for the past couple of days.

It is great to have something easy to do and not have to go outside. This time of the year it is easier to stay indoors and do the tape. The only thing I do not like about the new tape is the music, I prefer the 1 mile in which she is with a group of people, it is a little more pleasant than the new tape. I find the music a little slow, not much of an upbeat. But I still enjoy doing it, I guess I could put on my own music.

My plan is to do 2 miles each day. I will have to look into her other tapes.

Suzanne

Jilly's Mom
01-02-2003, 08:00 PM
Thanks for explaining, I thought it was a video you watch while on the treadmill -- DUH!!! I saw her on QVC. They do look fun. A little change from the treadmill to break up the routine. I have knee problems and it looks like there wouldn't be hardly any impact.
Thanks for all the comments.
Bunny

Beybran
01-07-2003, 02:51 AM
Hello Everyone,

I have the Leslie 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile tapes.. and I love them....they truly are a nice way to walk.. I was doing them everyday in November and then I took a little break sometime in Dec. and I am back doing them any day... they are great

Just one question.. does anyone know... approx how many calories you are doing when you do her various workouts??
Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated

Thank in advance

Heath

Rusty*Rusty
01-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Suzanne - doesn't the 2 mile tape have the same group? The ones I have seem to pick up the pace thru the 3 mile - all with the same group.

Heath - try this site and see what you come up with for walking and light aerobics... I get about 310 calories for the 2 mile tape.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/

bshearon
01-07-2003, 12:58 PM
I love the WATP videos. I've done the 1 mile two mornings this week. I was more faithful about doing them before Christmas so I'm building back up to the 2 and 3 mile tapes. My goal is to be more consistent and use them 4-5 times a week during the month of January. I can't wait to see the new ones someone said she's got coming out.

ras8779
01-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Hi Everyone:wave:!

Did you all see the new Leslie Sansone Infomercial. It's called WATP Express and she uses a stretchy band for resistance. It looks really good:)! I've been doing Leslie walks for over a year and I own almost all of her videos. They are great. If you log into her website lesliesansone.com on the 15 of January, she is supposed to have a walking workout posted on her site. I'm going to join it. Maybe I'll see you all there too:).

Rose

madtypist
01-08-2003, 05:41 PM
Hi!!!

Rusty*Rusty I just noticed I bought the wrong tape, I bought her Christian Inspired tape which is 2 complete workouts it has the 1 & 2 mile on it and the one mile she does alone and the 2 mile she does with 2 other's and it is done to christian music. I did not realize she had other tapes out, so I will look for her 2 mile tape with the other group, after I went to her site I saw the different tapes, so I will be able to use both, it will be a nice change of pace.

I really like these tapes, I do one each day and find that it is a very easy workout.

Have a great week ladies.

Suzanne

Rusty*Rusty
01-09-2003, 07:39 AM
Suzanne - I'm glad I caught your comment and gotcha back on track. You get to know the whole gang after a while - especially the lone male - Randy in the back. LOL I'm interested in the walking/kickboxing tape, too. We'll try that when we get good at these three.

(I didn't realize that Leslie had Christian tapes but BoxerBob and I got an inkling on the 3 mile when she started to talk about blessings and raising your arms to Heaven.)

madtypist
01-09-2003, 07:31 PM
I found the 2 mile tape and the whole gang..:lol: I like that one better it is more upbeat than the other. So I'm working on the 2 mile for a while now. I will be able to switch back for a change of pace.

Hopefully I will be able to do the 2 mile everyday now and maybe throw in the 1 mile after the 2 mile in the future.

Suzanne

Crast1980
01-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone. I saw this thread, and it looked interesting. I have seen the advertisements for Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds, and from all the info her, I think I am going to go buy them! I work full time - 8-5 Mon-Fri, and I have a 2 year old son. So, needless to say, I don't have a lot of extra time. I love to go for walks, and my son loves me to push him in his stroller when I go (LOL) but, I live in upstate NY, and we have a few feet of snow right now so walking outside is not an option for right now. SO, I have a few exercise tapes already and I would like some variation. I recommend Taebo to anyone who can handle a real workouit. It is very hard, and you HAVE to follow the instructional video first, or you'll never figure out the moves. I also go to the gym 3 days a week and work out. So, the videos are just for fill in.
Anyway, just thought I would say hello, thanks for the info, and good luck to everyone!!

FluffyGal
01-10-2003, 06:15 PM
I just bought the 1 mile tape yesterday after someone at this sight recomended them. I love it. Worked thru it today with the weights, and think I will buy the 2 mile tape here soon. Nice to be able to walk inside, as it was -21 with the wind here today. BRRRR!!!!

Jilly's Mom
01-10-2003, 09:19 PM
I got the Christian tape, Walk the Walk. I love it. The one mile is about 15 minutes and seems to go pretty fast. The songs are the good old hyms that I grew up with. Our church is always trying new songs and I just like the old ones so this tape suits me fine. I also did the 2 mile and it was over before I knew it. There is no way I could walk that far on the treadmill and be that quick.
They are low impact so easy on the knees too.
A good way to start the morning!
What type of music is on the regular 1 or 2 mile tapes?
I have been doing them for a week and going to curves too and have lost 3 lbs and 5 inches! (been eating more fruits too)!

CIN
01-19-2003, 02:37 PM
I love the Leslie Sansone tapes.Ihave the 2 & 3 mile.purchased at Target for only $6.99.

Would you believe my 76 year old Mother sent me hers.and begged me to try it.? I have been a faithful walker for years..........I watched out of obligation to my Mother and fell in love with the tapes.I have done them several months now and still am not bored.I like them because they include upper body and I use my own weights with the tape.I feel like I am geting a fairly good work out...................sometimes I walk and do other "chores" while doing the tape!

Try them.you will like them!
CIN

madtypist
01-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Well ladies I am moving on up to the 3 mile tape. :D

I have been doing the 2 mile tape and I am finding it very easy and quick. I do it once a day.

It seems easier to do the tape than to go out and walk. When I go outdoors to walk I do not walk at a fast pace, but the tapes keep up a great pace and the 2 miles go by very fast, I am looking forward to the 3 mile one.

I have not used the weights as of yet but will start this week using a can or 2, :D for a change.

Suzanne

losinginillinois
01-22-2003, 04:11 PM
I have the one mile tape and it is wonderful. So easy anyone can do it. I love it to because its only 18 min. Almost anyone can have time for that. I have actually been doing it twice a day. I have lost 5lbs. so far. I think I will try the two mile soon! Good luck ladies!!

Rusty*Rusty
01-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Thank goodness for this thread. I quit walking just before Christmas but I saw that you are all sticking with it - so I did a mile just now. It feels good to be back on track!

debkc
01-23-2003, 11:27 PM
Hi, everyone! It's nice to see all of you who enjoy the WATP tapes. I was "walking" regularly then I tapered off to a complete stop. I've just recently been "walking" again and was glad to see everyone's encouraging posts here. Leslie's tapes are great and not difficult at all! Good luck to you all. Debbie

KimmyKat63
01-24-2003, 01:59 AM
I "discovered" Leslie just a couple of months ago and I LOVE her videos! A good place to get them is at http://www.collagevideo.com you can order online or get a free catalog sent to you. I have also seen some at http://www.half.com (part of eBay) for cheap, and also Wal-Mart, Sam's Club and Target. I have her WATP set, the Walk the Walk set ("Lite" Christian, for those of us that don't "do church" but are grateful for our blessings), and I recently got her Variety Pack which includes Walk Yoga, Walk Kick and Walk and Jog. If you are new to yoga, I highly recommend the Walk Yoga, it is a fast paced mile followed by very basic yoga practice and it feels marvelous! I think it's great that even if I don't feel like exercising, I can still talk myself into "just" doing a mile and then I usually feel like doing more! :D

losinginillinois
01-24-2003, 08:57 AM
I will say it again I LOVE these tapes! Well I only have the one mile. But I am defiantely going to get more. What is so great about the one mile is its only 18 minutes! For those of us that have kids they can run around you or whatever for that long! I usually do it twice aday so I feel like I am doing a little more. I can also do it at work! You don't work up such a sweat you have to take a shower! I would recommened it over and over again!

losinginillinois
01-28-2003, 09:09 AM
I bought the 2 mile tape on Sat. I really liked it. Still only thirty min. I felt like you could tell it does work you harder. Which is fine! Maybe we could get a challenge going? Use the tape or walk on your own? Let me know what you gals think?

Rusty*Rusty
01-28-2003, 09:50 AM
I find the 2-mile to be challenging. I work up a small sweat on the 1-mile but the two really works my shoulders and arms and gets my breathing and temperature up.

This must be one of the safest exercise programs I can think of - no jumping up and down and wrecking your legs - no shin splints. Works good for sedentary folks like me.

madtypist
01-29-2003, 09:13 PM
losinginillinios I do the tapes and I keep track of my milage and post it on the valentines day challenge if you want to join, I also walk outside and add those on to the tapes. It is a 4 week challenge, it is into the 3rd week, but you could still jump in and start, we set a goal for 4 weeks and try to accomplish it. :)

Has anyone done the 3 mile tape, I was wondering how much faster the pace is than the 2 mile tape, I am using the 2 mile now and I am finding it a good pace, not sure if I can go much faster, but I would be able to go 3 miles however at the speed of the 2 mile.

Suzanne

meg 1+2
01-30-2003, 12:45 AM
Hi Suzanne,

I am using the 3 mile for Abs with the belt...I find it very easy, but do enjoy it and feel good after. I was wondering if the 3 mile (not for abs) was more challenging. If anyone is doing that one and knows please let me know.

Thanks,

Meg

Rusty*Rusty
01-30-2003, 08:42 AM
The three-mile (which I've only tried once) picks up the faster pace *sooner* and sustains it and adds lots of upper body. I made it to the end - but I really wasn't ready for it. If you're handling the 2-mile then the three will be a nice fat-burning challenge for you!

SEMO
01-31-2003, 03:59 PM
I was just lurking and thought I would add my 2 cents on Meg's question. I have two sets of WAP tapes one with the ab belt and the other that she uses the 2 lb ball weights (I use 2 lb dumb bells) Anyway I think the three mile with the weights gives you more on upper body workout. This is just my opinon but seems I feel it more than with the belt.

I wasn't aware that you could buy the tapes individully. I live in a rural area and ordered mine from tv. I'm going to see if I can find other tapes by Leslie, any other recommendations?

meg 1+2
01-31-2003, 07:49 PM
Thanks Semo

I went out this afternoon and picked up the 3 mile at Target $7.99. Haven't tried it yet, but based on you opinion, I will!!! :)

Meg

losinginillinois
02-03-2003, 09:14 AM
Meg,
How did you like the 3 mile? I am still doing the 2 mile and love it. But I think I could do the 3 mile. Just curious how it went for you. How is everyone else doing?
Beth

ras8779
02-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Hi Ladies,
I saw this thread and had to jump in here. I own almost all of Leslie's videos. I really love her workouts. The three mile tape is a challenge. She also has an older 4 mile Fat Burner tape that is done in 45 mins. so you are really walking fast in this one. My favorite walks are her 2 miles and I've been doing them for almost a year now. I am doing Leslie's walk diet from her website and it's a challenge. Allot of 2 and 3 mile walks with 2 days off a week. I just ordered her new tapes the WATP Express but the DVD is out of stock at Collage so I'm waiting patiently. I prefer the weighted balls to the belt. For some reason the belt hurts my upper back. I'm not sure why. It might be from an old injury. The new videos use a dynaband which I thought was interesting. Any walks you choose to do will work though. Her Power Mile and Muscle Mile are great workouts and fly by. Her two mile walk is fun too. I hope this helps for those of your interested in buying more of her workouts.

Rose:D

Jilly's Mom
02-04-2003, 10:37 PM
Hi,
I have the Walk the Walk, a Christian video and I love it. It has one and two mile walks all to upbeat old hyms. It is amazing how fast the time goes when you sing along :)
What are some of the arm movements with weights?
Do they really tire you out?
I am a hair stylist and have a hard enough time keeping my arms up all day and the weights might just give me the stamina I need.
I would like to try just some of them with the video I already have before I buy one and can't keep up the arms.
Thanks for the help.
Bunny

aleka
02-05-2003, 11:56 AM
I just saw this thread and thought I'd pop in. I have a library of Leslie's tapes. I've got one of the very first tapes she made. It's amazing to see how she and her studio have changed through the years. I do the Walk Away the Pounds tapes, mostly the 2 mile tape, but instead of the balls I use hand weights. I really love these tapes. I'm wondering how often you use the weights when exercise along with the WATP tapes?

Rusty*Rusty, what part of Mass. do you come from? I was born and brought up in Framingham, but moved to NH almost 30 yrs. ago. I do get down there from time to time as I have family and friends still down there, and I can't get over the traffic.

I hope you all have a great day.
Aleka

losinginillinois
02-05-2003, 02:45 PM
Aleka, I have been using the tapes for about a month now and I use the weights every time. I use dumbbells also because I already have them. I love the tapes but I think I want to try some others to get more variety. I have been reading about these body flex and firm tapes??

Jilly's mom you lift the arms up an down over your head, opposite arms with opposite leg, and sometimes you just carry them. There is a lot more and I have no idea how to describe it?? Maybe someone else who is more creative or has a flair for words could help. I think you would not find it that hard. You could build up to it! I find my tapes at Target for $7.00! You probably couldn't go wrong just messing around with the tape you already have! Good Luck!

Beth

Jellybean419
03-11-2003, 08:31 PM
I have pretty severe rheumatoid arthritis and Leslie's tapes are the first sustained exercise I have been able to do since I was diagnosed 7 years ago. I am so excited that I can do them. I started with the 1 mile and today for the fist time I did the 2 miles with abs. It felt great. I have trouble using the belt because it tends to hurt my elbow joints so I moved back to 1 lb weights instead. I think the best thing about her tapes is that you can tailor them to your needs so easily. These tapes are the best.

Cheers
Rosanne

RavenToy
03-12-2003, 06:50 AM
Ok, ya'll have convinced me. I'm ordering the three-pack today. I'll skip on the pack with the weights, as I too already have dumbells. I'm curious about the one "for abs" ... has anyone tried that? It looks like it comes with bands? Hard to get concise information sometimes from all these sites.

Jellybean419
03-12-2003, 06:42 PM
The walking tapes with abs comes with a belt that has cords you use for resistance. All in all you can use weights and do the same movements she does with the cords. I think the abs tapes are more challenging than the original walking tapes but either set does the job.

Cheers
Rosanne

bandit2
03-14-2003, 11:59 AM
I just bought the 2 mile tape & have done 1 mile of it 3 times since yesterday. Really like it & only takes 15 min for 1 mile.

I think I can stayed focussed using these tapes. Highly recommend them.

Jellybean419
03-14-2003, 04:25 PM
That is such a good idea to do 3 miles in a day in 1 mile increments. Great tip!

Cheers
Rosanne

bandit2
03-15-2003, 12:23 PM
I love this tape - did another mile this a.m.

KimmyKat63
03-23-2003, 03:29 AM
I LOVE Leslie's tapes! I "only" have 9 of them so far, and I think that the 2 mile WATP for Abs is my favorite. I don't know, I guess I just really like the setting and the people, and I sure work up a sweat! I got mine at Wal-mart and I also saw the DVD format which I hope there will be more of, I like the DVD's SO much better than VHS.

DaisyMaisy
03-23-2003, 06:52 PM
HI,
I love my WATP tapes, I do the one with the weighed balls mostly. I do have the ones with the ab belt but the cords rub against my back when I do it so I don't do it very often. DM

bandit2
03-24-2003, 04:10 PM
I like my tape - this week I have done 11 miles.

This is quite an exercise improvement for me.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

lizziness
04-02-2003, 04:23 PM
I've had the whole set for about 2 years or so now. I really enjoy her workouts. I have the Taebo set, and some Reebok ones and have also done Richard Simmons and I have never felt like I could keep up or coordinate or figure out what the **** they were doing in some cases. With this workout, I don't feel like I can't catch up, I can even turn off the sound (she's kinda dorky and listening to her over and over gets annoying) and put on some music.
I couldn't find the right way to hold the weighted balls and rarely use them. Also, I have tried about half of her recipies and enjoyed all of them. My favorite is the morning workout, it's a one mile and is nice an easy and gets you ready for the day.

SummerMarie
04-09-2003, 12:27 AM
If you get them get the WATP for ABS. Better than the weighted balls one. Much more aerobic and upbeat, and my heart rate is higher on my polar heart rate monitor for this one. I do the three mile daily and add on a 1 or 2 mile if I have time.