Old 09-28-2007, 07:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something daily chat: Fri sep 28

morning all,

Well i was successful in my hunt for the elusive java bean...however he did put up a darn good fight. But i grinded him to a pulp...and whooola...yummie espresso. LMAO (ok i really think i need some serious help)

Anyways i have to work today and tomorrow. I have Sunday off. DH and i plan to go up to another falls call Anna Ruby falls Sunday am and then right near there is the town of Helen. Its a bavarian village...and right now they are gearing up for Ocktoberfest....hmmmmmm beer. So I'm really looking forward to Sunday. Just have to make it through these next 2 days.

Hannah - hang in there...sorry to hear about your diagnosis. But you have a diagnosis at least. I would highly recommend starting some internet research. There is a wealth of info on it out there. In addition, i think there may even be a group in 3FC??? Hang in there...i can't even imagine what you are going through.

kar - glad to hear they found the missing student.

Hey to everyone else...and big group hug for all those who are a little down right now. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Well i did get up this am and go for a 30 min walk with the dog and than 20 min upper body toning. The walk was nice...however, the one thing i hate about my neighborhood is no sidewalks. I literally had to jump in someone's yard this am because some freaking idiot on his/her cell phone did not see my white reflective shirt with reflective belt and almost took me out. They were too busy texting on their phone. It did sort of freak me out...but i needed to exercise. I do the best i can to have the cars notice...**** even the dog wears a reflective vest. Oh well. At least i made it back in one piece. Alright all hope everyone has a good day...time for me to make the donuts...oh wait that's not my job...ok off to work i go.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hannah - fyi...there is a fibromyalgia group on 3FC..its a subcategory in the Dieting with obsticles. They might be a good group to check out since most of us here will have no clue about your issues...now don't get me wrong...we dont' want you to leave us (: but other advice might help
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #3  

Hanna, I am so sorry about the diagnosis. I feel so bad. You have all these obstacles with Robbie and now this!! Life just isnt fair sometimes!! I hope that you get the treatment u need in order to manage this ASAP. Ill be praying for u.

On a lighter note, dont u find a house cleaner a blessing and a curse sometimes? We have someone come in once a week too and Im always ruching around on Tuesday night cleaning so that the cleaning lady doesnt see my messy house. Im pathetic. hugh? I DO love that windex / pledge smell though when I come home Wednesday night.

Joan, were u a little disappointed with the Office last night. Glad to see Jim and Pam were together so not a let down there but the episode as a whole just wasnt very funny I thought. Did they change writers or something?

GG: I SOOOOOOOOOO wish I liked coffee. Everyone drinks it, smells wonderful. I know its not great for you but it just seems like its a great morning ritual. I just have never liked it. My mom always said, oh u will get used to the taste. I just never have. I have tried to. Cant. Does NOT taste good to me. So, I have my water in the morning. Definately no wake up juice for me.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hanna ~ so sorry to hear about this. GG is right about their being a group right here at 3FC. Check it out but please remain true to us:-). We love you. I have a very good friend who has this. She's on a medicine right now that is working very well for her. I'll find out the name if you'd like.

GG ~ you are too funny:-)... the elusive java bean.
People yacking on their cell phones are the worst. Was it a woman? I hate to sound that way but it drives me nuts to see so many women paying zero attention to the road while they're talking on their cell.

Mornin' Laurie ~ I used to clean two of my professors homes when I was in college and I remember the one husband getting angry at his wife as she would rush around like a madwoman the first hour that I was there picking up stuff. She didn't want me to see their "dirt." I'd tell her the same thing every single week that I was there to clean up their dirt and for her to relax and enjoy. She was a great lady.

I was disappointed in the Office last night. I thought that maybe it was just me. I couldn't wait to watch it but just wasn't laughing like I normally do. DH came downstairs at one point to see why I wasn't laughing. He tells me that he usually hears me giggling all the way upstairs. He drives me nuts as he'll watch an episode and laugh but then not watch another episode with me until a month later. That is so not me. Once I'm hooked, I'm hooked. That was the only television show that I watched consistently last year.

I'm off to wake up the little munchkins and start another day. I could not drag my lazy butt out of bed this morning to exercise. We had the windows open last night night and it just felt way too comfy under my down comforter. Happy Friday all ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Hanna, I can totally simpathize with you. One of my best friends and my mom both have Fibermyalga (sp?). Medicine helps, they also say get plenty of sleep and don't get stressed. (Hahahahaha) There are some very good books out there to help you understand it.

GG, enjoy your day off (a little early). I am currently in a 9 day stretch of working (day 3). I am not a coffee drinker either ~ unless it is a specialty, like carmel macciato or something. Panara's has this "Spiced Pumpkin ___ " drink that is to die for.

to everyone else. I need to do my banking and then get ready for work. (Yea ~ said sarcasticly).

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:47 AM   #6  

So, I have a question....Y dont we do any monthly challenges like some of the other threads? Should we? I know the holidays are here and its going to be temptation central. what d'ya think?

PS. I am sooooooooooooooo bored. we are dead the wine shop this week....
Old 09-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Hi, I'm new here and would love to join your daily chats...I would love to have challenges to work on and look forward to...Count me in!!!
babyweight07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #8  

babyweight: WELCOME, WELCOME. GOOD FOR YOU WITH YOUR 44 LB LOSS ALREADY!!! Please join in anytime....
Old 09-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

weve done monthly challanges before, I think Angie's been on top of that, well for the next "holiday" anyways. If you want to start that, feel free.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Laurie, You are welcome to start a new challenge thread anytime you want. I will tell you though, with past challenges, because it's a new thread, it's not just people from our little 30 something's group that joins in...and a lot of people just never come back to update. If you do decide to start a challenge thread, and would like to keep it amongst our group, title as we do the daily thread: 30 Something's Holiday Challenge...or whatever, just preface it with "30 Something's", KWIM?

Welcome baby!!

Laurie, I couldn't live w/o my coffee!! OK, I could probably live w/o it, but wouldn't want to!!

GG, I agree w/Joan, women are really bad on the cell phones! Drives me crazy, just get a darn earpiece!! Whew on the coffee, that was a close call!

Hanna, I'm soo sorry that you've got soo much going on. Let us know what the doc says.

HELLO to everyone else!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

THANKS!!!! It hasn't been easy and it seems like this will take forever! I was trying to lose 20 pounds before I got pregnant, that didn't happen and weight just seemed to pile on while I was pregnant! It was amazing...Eating pizza didn't help either!

I love reading everyone's posts and look forward to the support you give everyone and hopefully being able to be a support to someone else...I have always struggled with my weight and know how hard it can be...

I don't mind starting a challenge...I'm just not sure how they work...I'm just always up for a challenge and think ANYTHING to keep me on track...

Last edited by babyweight07; 09-28-2007 at 12:25 PM.
babyweight07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 12:31 PM   #12  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Happy Afternoon everyone! Welcome babywght07!! I have babyweight left from O1!!!! Good grief...don't belive it even qualifies as baby weight anymore! lol
Thanks happy, I am trying to add, slowly but surely, more exercise to my daily life. I think my best bet is 10 minutes 3 or 4 times a day. Getting 30-40 minutes in one pop is dayum near impossible in this house!
Hanna, so sorry to read of your diagnosis. An online friend of mine also has Fibro & she is doing pretty well. Her meds along with her diet help keep flare ups to a minimum. Hopefully you will have success keeping your condition controlled as much as possible too!
Well, groceries to buy, put away, lunch to prepare, dinner to plan & dishes to do. Gah. My life of excitement.
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:38 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone. Just a drive by posting today. I've got a nursling on one side and a four year old yacking incessantly on the other side. Whew. I love him but the boy doesn't stop!

hanna: I hope the meds help you feel better! I know it sucks to be tired and in pain all the time.

babyweight: WELCOME!! We are happy to have you here.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

heres some baby updated pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg momo 0907.jpg (3.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg momo 092807.jpg (3.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg momo n dog.jpg (6.0 KB, 6 views)
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Laurie ~ I've joined a Labor Day challenge thread back in the summer but it got to be so huge that I didn't keep up with it. Lauren is right in that if we do this (and I am *very* interested) we should set it up so that it's part of the 30-something group. Lots of people were jumping on board and talking about things that had nothing to do with weight loss. Telling me how many dirty diapers your baby goes thru a day has nothing to do with exercise or calorie counting;-). I love how I can get on the Daily Thread and air my grievances. But, that isn't want I want to read about when I'm working on getting into a smaller size come Thanksgiving. KWIM???

Time to go pick up my two big monsters from school. TGIF ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote