Support Groups - Cutting Back/One Day At A Time/Anywhere I Am ... Thread

babenwaiting
09-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Hi all,

I am in desperation mode. Lost almost 50 lbs. a couple of years ago, have gained most of it back now, and can't get in the mood for a full-out diet program. SO ....

For the last two days, I've been cutting back (1800 calories yesterday/1500 today, instead of my usual 3000+), and I did an hour of water aerobics yesterday. I'm going to try to do better one day at a time, not make myself any big promises but just do the best I can today. Then tomorrow I'll tackle tomorrow, and see if I make some progress. I probably weigh about 224 now, and if I'm 223 this time next week, I'll consider that success.

Everyday, whether I'm here or traveling, as I often do, I'm going to try this philosophy, and report in here, even if it's just to myself. If anyone wants to hop on board, I'd love your company.

BTW, I'm a 60-ish Granny from the Southeast U.S., love travel, cooking & cookbooks, reading, and sports. I'm also a bit of a TV addict to my favorite shows. :o

Here's to everybody who's "walking this walk" :) ...

babenwaiting
09-28-2007, 11:08 AM
:sunny: Good morning, World! :sunny:

Two successful days under my belt, and going for the third. One thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow is to have the healthy food in the house, and plan my meals a couple of days ahead. Yesterday, it was Veggie Pitas for dinner, and today we'll do grilled salmon outside. I have all the stuff for a big salad to go with it, and water aerobics are on my afternoon exercise menu.

Any friends from "old threads" peaking in? Please pop in and say "hi", even if you don't plan to stay! :) Anyone who would like to stay, you're welcome. Monday will be weigh-in day, I think ...

babenwaiting
09-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Reporting in again ... 3 out of 4 days have gone very well. I took a day off for a BBQ yesterday, and a couple of glasses of wine too many but that's real life, isn't it? Today, I was back to 1600 calories and did a 35-min. walk. :flow2: Hoping to see some of my old buddies drop in soon ... :) Any company would be welcome!

Losing4another
10-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi there!

Sounds like your getting back on track. I started out slowly this last time too. I started with drinking water and slowly changing those habits. I'm down 5.2 :D I try and eat lowfat /healthy during the week and then one day on the weekend have a cheat day. I usually eat something I have been craving during the week. Sometimes there is a little gain but so far once I get back on plan it comes back off.

babenwaiting
10-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Losing, it is GREAT to see you! Hope you'll drop in now and then, and keep me company. :hug: I've had a good day, about 1600 cals., a session of water aerobics and am planning a walk tomorrow. I won't weigh until about Thursday when I've been on plan for a week.

Sounds like your new plan is going well, Losing. So glad that you're down 5+ lbs. and will be happy when I can say that. :balloons: for you! Where do you live in Florida? I was just at some of your beaches for a couple of weeks, then in horse country (near Ocala) for a few days. I guess you've been lucky in regard to hurricanes so far this year. Maybe it will be another eventless year like last year was! I hope so for both of us ... They like to come to North Carolina, too! :o

Have a good night!

Olivia

Losing4another
10-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Good job Olivia:) :cheer:
I'm not keeping track of calories just yet. I know the more I lose the less I can eat so I will have to get out that pin and paper once I stop losing. Only big change really is I don't eat snacks like chips, little debbie snack cakes, Ice cream ....you know all the good stuff :lol: I moved to diet soda and come to think of it ...don't have 3/4 of the sugar I had in my diet before.
Your back from traveling right? I bet when traveling it's hard to stay on track with all the eating out you have to do.
I live a pretty long ways from Ocala. We drove up there 2 years ago to pick my dog up from a breeder. WOW! it was a longer drive than I though it would be... Almost 5 hrs but we had kids so we could have made better time without them. I live about 45min/an hour southeast of Orlando. I'm close to the coast as well :eek: I'm very thankful that the hurricane season has been nice to us. October is the most active month so hopefully the last few weeks of hurricane season will go by quietly. ***FINGERS CROSSED**We did get tons of rain yesterday night though. The water was half way up my lawn :yikes: A few neighbors had most of theirs yards underwater. It did remind me of hurricane rains.
I'm down another pound and a half. YAY!!!! :cheer:

redballoon
10-06-2007, 04:25 PM
babe, hi there. Thanks for the thread. I need something too. I've just been falling further and further into an inert funk and though I at times have moments and even days of motivation and movement, I am soon back to where I was. I'm thinking that I need something like this, just to say I'm cutting back on what I know was eating and drinking. :eek: I'll try to keep you company a bit. I'm writing everything down I put in my mouth. Did it yesterday...well, most of it and plan to continue. If I can't do that it means I'm eating too much, closing my eyes to it all and going hog wild...then I wonder where the fat came from. Sigh. Good luck! And Losing, too! :wave:

babenwaiting
10-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Happy Saturday Red Balloon and Losing ... so happy to have you both with me. Weight-wise, I'm about the same. I saw a trainer on Wednesday, who set up a program for me again on the weight machines, which I will start next week. Also, this morning I did a good, long, "sweaty" walk. I am sputtering a little some days, but eventually I will really get going, and I know you guys will do great too.

I'm in a little bit of a hurry right now, but just wanted to welcome you, RedBalloon, and say hey to you today, Losing. You girls have a great weekend. :)

Cheers,
Olivia

redballoon
10-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Thanks, babenwaiting, for the wonderful welcome! :love: Since I'm in Tokyo, I'm well into Sunday already but never mind, I'm used to be totally out of kilter with the States and threads there. Er, maybe I'm just used to being totally out of kilter....cough, cough. ;) Sounds good on your walk, babe. Good for you! I've been riding today and have been writing down everything that goes into my mouth. It actually helps me think about things and though I'm allowing myself anything at all as long as I write it down, I do check myself. It's embarrassing to write everything down but that's the rule I've made for myself. I know as soon as I start gorging that I stop writing and I'm going to not let that happen this time! :yes: Ok, talk later. I've got some hours left on Sunday here. Dangerous hours are coming up. I am going to try to learn to sit with myself and NOT eat.

BillBlueEyes
10-07-2007, 03:53 AM
Good morning, babenwaiting, Just passing by, but stopped to wish you well. Sounds like you have a sane plan in one day at a time. So, I wish you well for today :) Walking is my aerobics exercise. I can get the heart rate up and see a goodly chunk of one neighborhood or another.

Good evening (in Tokyo), redballoon, It's nice to see an ex-pat using kilograms :) When (if) you return, perhaps you can work to convert us all to metric. The USA is moving SO slowing in that direction.

Waving at Losing4another. May all your hurricanes be gentle ones.

redballoon
10-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Bill, heh there. :wave: Yeah, 25 years here, five more out of the States, I should be using metric. I can use 'em both, though I can't tell you temperature without a conversion chart! I forget that most Americans are not used to metric at all. It is odd trying to explain the English system here though (not that I do). Seems so bizarre. Anyhow, look at you! Congratulations on your weight loss! :cp: Wish you'd stick around and show us how to do it one day at a time. I tend to revert back to old ways after about three days.... :^:

babenwaiting
10-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Hey there BillBlueEyes, Losing and Red Balloon,

Thank you, BBE, for your good wishes. Please stop by and say hi anytime! :) You did great losing your weight in six months ... I wish you much continued success maintaining!

RedBalloon & Losing, I've finally had a good day (1400 calories). I really, really must get back to writing everything down as I think doing that does make me think twice before I gobble a giant bowl of something! My weight was actually 226 (:() this morning, but I think that was the salty stuff I ate all weekend, and am hoping a lot water. I have my fingers crossed for 224 tomorrow.

RedBalloon, yes, we do have to learn to just sit quietly "with ourselves" and not eat! You are so right. Good for you for getting your riding in. I have relatives who will visit Japan during Christmas. I assume you love it there since you've been there so long. Are you there for the long run or do you have plans to move back to the U.S. at some point???

Losing, I hope all is going well, and that the scale is continuing to sneak on down for you. I wish we could get some of your rain here in North Carolina!!! And yes, it is misery to try to diet when you're traveling, and I'm ready to drive/travel again for about 10 days, to see foliage and family in New England. I'm going to try much harder this trip to keep everything under control! I leave the end of the week, and will report from the road!

Any newbies who peek in here, please feel free to post with us. We would love to have the company! :flow2:

Cheers,
Olivia

BillBlueEyes
10-09-2007, 03:23 AM
Have a nice trip, babenwaiting :) You'll be traveling through New England right in the middle of baseball's American League playoffs and (hopefully) the World Series. Don't count on getting tickets :D

hmmmmm ... so my avatar isn't so clear - will have to rethink how to present that. My weight loss took place over 18 months; I've maintained my current weight for 6 months. It's been two years on the healthy lifestyle journey so far.

Waving to losing :wave: Congratulats on ditching "snacks like chips, little debbie snack cakes, Ice cream". My biggest overeating was unbounded snacks. It works for me to have 3 scheduled snacks of about 100 calories. That both solves the legitimate hunger issue as well as gives me a mental way to pass on food of opportunity that appears; I know a snack is coming soon.

I share your concern, redballoon, that I might "revert back to old ways". Am constantly aware of how many people I know who have regained what they lost. 3fc has a bunch of people who have maintained for several years. They're my idols.

babenwaiting
10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
BBE, maybe others are not misunderstanding your avatar ... maybe just "moi!" :D Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm happy to hear you lost your weight over 18 months, as that's probably the perfect loss rate, with your body having time to adjust. I'd lost 45 lbs. in a year, and if I'd kept going for another six months ... man, I could kick myself. So now, I have to lose 36 of those AGAIN, and start from there!!! :mad: Oh, well, all that water is under the bridge ... BBE, I'm very much cheering for your Red Sox, though I won't be able to go to a game. I was so happy to see the Yankees lose last night ... that's one good thing. THEY won't be winning the World Series this year, right? :) But I'll be watching the games on TV, if I can.

Well, gang, I had dropped a pound of my "weekend salt weight" by this morning, and maybe tomorrow I'll manage to be down a bit more. It's too hot to walk here today, but I've got so much to do to get ready to travel that at least I won't be just a couch potato.

Have a good day, all!

Cheers,
Olivia

redballoon
10-09-2007, 07:27 PM
babe, excellent work on the 1400 calories! Wow, I need days like that. I have been writing things down, but the weight is up...I know I shouldn't think about weight a day at a time and I'm not really, but it's a bit scary because I'm not counting calories, just writing things down. Anyhow, that's the initial plan. I've noticed that when I write everything down it seems like more food has gone into me, but when I later look it over, it doesn't seem like as much. Good thing, I guess.

maeminglea
10-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Olivia and gang -

Olivia, it is good to see you doing well. I am slowly still losing. You have been a great motivater to me so I just wanted to look you up to say - Thank You. I had a very frustrating plateau in September and I eased off things (like counting every calorie) a little this month and actually started losing again. I average about a pound loss a week. I just don't want to ease off anything too much. It is good to see Bill in maintenance. As much as I've been working out I don't know how realistic it would be to think I could keep this pace up for years. It seams silly to already worry about maintenance because I still have a good deal to lose - but I do. Losing, I am glad to see you are doing well, too. I think losing about a pound a week and making small changes is the way to go!! Red balloon - it is nice to meet you and keep up the good work!!

babenwaiting
10-28-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey everybody ... :sunny:

So glad to see you here again, Mae. I'm so proud of you that you're still actually losing. Whatever you are doing is working, so don't stop! I traveled again for 10 days last month, and have been sick for another week, so I'm afraid my weight is still about the same. I haven't posted on the thread for a bit, because I haven't done anything to cheer about! :dizzy: When I travel, it's sort of a victory not to gain ....

A shout-out to redballoon, losing, Bill and anyone peeking in ... hope you're all doing really well, and that you'll drop in now and then.

Everyone, have a great week!

Cheers,
Olivia

Losing4another
10-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Hi ladies!

I wanted to give a quick hello...I need to get to bed . Tomorrow comes to early. I'm still pluggin along.

Mae- WOW 34 pounds...That great! Glad you came over to say hello

Olivia- Sorry you've been sick.
I hurt my foot so I've too been on my butt for far longer than I'd like .

I will try and stop by soon NIGHT!

babenwaiting
10-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi Losing :hug: ... happy to see you here, girl. Just as I thought our thread was about to dissolve, I come on to find you and Mae this weekend! Lucky me ... :) I am sorry to hear about your foot, Losing. When your foot is bothering you, it SO affects everything you do, so I feel for you. I remember when I kicked something a few years ago, and broke one of my middle toes. Such nagging, annoying pain that you could do nothing about!

I'm exactly 224# still today, but not unhappy because it could have been way worse with my traveling recently. I need to get the "one day at a time" thing going in my head again, and just see how much healthier I can be TODAY! That is going to include a walk, I've decided, so here I go, everyone ...

Have a great day ...
Cheers,
Olivia

tracyg40
10-31-2007, 08:38 AM
I missed you ladies! Hey losing! Hi Olivia and Mae! So, my life has been one huge road trip to insanity for the last several months which is why I have been MIA. And boy does my shape show it. Ugh! I'm sad to say that I am back up to 168 :( But, I am ready to get back on the ball now. My mom was in hospital, I started school with my kids (homeschool), went to Colorado, my dh went to Toronto for a week, and all the kids activities have started up. Lots of stress, relationship issues etc have all combined to get me off track in a big way. I was looking for you all last night lol, and couldn't find the thread, but I found you this morning. I finally feel ready to get back in the saddle. I really need to get my sugar cravings under control again, I was doing so well, and it feels like starting over...not in a good way either:mad: Oh well, today is another day. Hoping to be able to buy a nice holiday dress lol! So, today is the start of my 'new new beginning' lol! Give me an update and let me know how you all are!
Hugs
tracyg

babenwaiting
10-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Wow, girl, am I glad to see you! :hug: I received your PM as well, but since you've found me, I'll just respond here. I've had a tough time trying to lose anything the last few months as I've traveled so much, which is great, but all the food eaten out is the downside!

So your kids are back in school now, and you've decided to work hard until the holidays? Sounds a bit like me ... Your dance class sounds fun AND I think it encourages you to look good when you do something like that. Good luck! I'm not a "natural" dancer, and always wished I was.

Are you trying any particular diet, or are you calorie-counting, as we usually do? I wish you the best with it!

Hello to everyone else peeking in ... DeterminedLisa, are you still out there? If anyone wishes, please join in ... the more the merrier.

Happy Halloween, Tracy (big welcome back!), Losing, Mae, and to everyone on 3FC!

Olivia

maeminglea
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Tracy-Good to see you! So - sorry to hear about your mom. I hope everything is ok. It sounds like you've had a lot on your plate (and I don't mean dinner plate). {I know bad pun}.

Losing - how's that foot doing? I hope your feeling better too!

tracyg40
11-06-2007, 08:40 AM
I'm still hanging in there. I keep eating and eating and saying tomorrow I'm going to do better.....grrrrrrrr! Dh and I did start a dance class. Last night was our first night. It is only an hour long, we learned the two step and by the time we were done, I knew I was gonna be sore lol! My thighs and calves and feet are killing me. Arms too from holding them up so long..dh is way taller than me lol!
I'm going to try to get some walking back into my week too. I think once I get back in the exercise habit it is easier to get my eating under control. It's because I am lazy lol! I figure if I'm going to do all that exercise, I am not going to waste it and ruin it by my bad eating lol! So, that is my plan for the week. Updates please!
Hugs
tracyg

babenwaiting
11-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi Tracy, Mae, Losing and anyone who would like to join in ... :) Happy to hear that your dance class has started, Tracy. Sounds like a lot of fun AND a good workout! I am SO LAZY ... have not been exercising, and my eating has been the same. My weight hovers around 224 to 226 lbs. I need a giant foot to kick me you-know-where to jumpstart me, I think. It's two+ weeks until Thanksgiving, the holidays are well on their way, and my lethargy hangs on! :mad: I am going to try to get myself out to walk today as the weather is perfect, in the 50s and beautiful.

:grouphug: to you all ... Hope everyone is hanging in there, and that we'll hear from you soon!

Cheers!
Olivia

maeminglea
11-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Hey guys and gals:)

Tracy - I bet you and your hubby had a great time dancing. I bet it is a challenge.

I am still trying to hang in - but my diet and motivation has gone down hill this past week:stars:. I started eating all the goodies:chockiss: my officemates continue to bring in (it will only get harder as the Holidays progress). I have gained a pound or two back, but I am determined to shed them - at least before Thanksgiving. I live on the edge of the time zone and it is dark at 5:00 when I leave work. Now that it is dark and cold I really don't feel like doing my work outs. But I keep telling my self I must do my minimum of 30 min. of something everyday and even though it is a struggle I battle through. I think this helps me to stay in the habit.

Olivia - if you don't mind the colder weather you should get out in the sun for at least a quick walk. I think you'll feel better:)

Take Care All - Mae

babenwaiting
11-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Good evening ladies! Hope you've all had a good day. :sunny: Foodwise, I've done better the last two days, cut my food by about a third. I still haven't gotten out for a walk but I am not stuffed at night when I go to bed, as I'd been recently, so I've had some success. You're so right, Mae. I know I'd feel better if I started walking ... I really must! (And I LOVE the cooler weather.)

Mae, I'm sure you will lose those couple of lbs.! Halloween candy is such a killer, isn't it? My DH and I ate way too much of it the last week because we had very few trick or treaters this year.

Have a good Thursday, all!

babenwaiting
11-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Mae, Tracy and Losing, come out, come out, wherever you are! :D I'm on my 4th day of cutting back on food ... I'm eating about 2/3 of what I was so I've alleviated a lot of the heartburn and "stuffed" feeling. I will gradually lose if I keep this up.

Now to the exercise! Today will go up to only 57 degrees, it's sunny and beautiful, so surely I can walk a mile or two!!! :dizzy:

Losing, hope your foot is better! Mae & Tracy, hope you're both feeling more in charge of your "food programs." You can do it ... you know you can! :grouphug:

Happy weekend,
Olivia

babenwaiting
11-10-2007, 05:47 PM
:D:D:D

I'm talking about my GOLD STAR???

I actually took that walk this afternoon! Just half an hour right before dark, but I DID IT! :p

Now for tomorrow ...

babenwaiting
11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
A GOLD STAR, THAT IS!!!

Greetings to all on this special day when we remember and thank the Veterans who have given us the life we have today. Thank you to all who have/and are serving in our military forces!

Okay, I've actually walked two out of the last three days even though I have a sprained calf, some such problem, from tripping on steps. The food is not as good as it could be but not nearly bad like it was.

Where are my buddies? Drop in and say hi, ladies!!! :)

Cheers,
Olivia

maeminglea
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
:cheer::cheer: Yeah Olivia :cheer::cheer: Way to go :cheer: :cheer:

I hope you are taking it easy on your foot. I did not realize you were hurt. It has been such pretty days here recently I bet you enjoyed it.

Losing4another
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
hi ladies :)

How is everyone doing?
Can you believe Thanksgiving is Thursday?
Here I am trying to recommit myself after all those sweets in the house after Halloween (and my daughter's b-day Nov 2)and here we are so close to Thanksgiving. I love the holidays but hate the goodies ...okay love the goodies but it's more a love hate relationship :lol:

My foot is better now thanks for asking ladies.

Our weather is finally cooling down and it's a great time to exercise.

I'm so glad Tracy found us . I hope Lisa finds her way over here as well.

Who is cooking for the big turkey day? I am doing the cooking for my family...need to get to the store to finish up the shopping.
Keep on postin everyone :D

babenwaiting
11-21-2007, 03:21 AM
:sunny: Happy Thanksgiving, Losing, Tracy, Mae & Lisa (please come back!) So good to hear from you again, Losing, and glad your foot is better. Now I'M having some foot/ankles problems ... hurting and cramping when I stand up or get out of bed; think I have that Plantar's Fascitis (sp?) thing. I've had it before, and it goes away, but can be so uncomfortable!

Losing, I am cooking Thursday, and will have family visiting. The traditional Thanksgiving feast, plus other goodies so I've been busy as a bee this week.

I hope all you ladies will have a lovely holiday weekend. My weight is about the same ... sigh! It will probably be January before I can GET REAL about dieting again. Please drop in and say hi when you can!

Cheers and good wishes!
Olivia

Losing4another
11-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Olivia~ I hope you have a :happ3: too :hug:

I take the easy way out and don't start cooking until today :o I'm taking the day off from my diet tomorrow....and probably be snacking through the weekend. Then I plan to jump back on my diet.
I don't have a lot of poeple to cook for this year. It's just going to be my family and maybe my Mom. I know we will have more than enough with me cooking both a turkey and ham. I'm the turkey fan and my husband loves his ham. Just cooking that will give us left overs for a while.

:turkey::thanks1::turkey:
EVERYONE

Losing4another
11-24-2007, 10:31 PM
How did THAKGIVING dinner go for everyone? I'm still stuffing my face with left overs :( Hope everyone else is stonger than I am this season.

tracyg40
11-26-2007, 09:16 AM
ok, i really really need to get it in gear, ugh! I've gained a few pounds back with the holidays. Ugh! I'm having the hardest time being motivated. Plus, my dd's gymnastic schedule changed so it is harder for me to get out and exercise during that time like I used to. But, no excuses, starting over today. I really need to get going. So, at this point, today is day one for me. Will try to check in tomorrow with you all. How is everyone else? did you all have a good thanksgiving? has anybody reset their goals? Do you all have a plan on how to accomplish them? I was at about 197 at my highest and am still down about 27 lbs. I need to keep going though. I was actually down to 165...but I am back up to 169:(. So, I MUST get back on track. SO, RAH, RAH, RAH:carrot::carrot::carrot:, WHO IS READY TO JOIN ME??????! LET'S GET MOVING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
HUGS
TRACYG

babenwaiting
11-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey there Losing and Tracy ... :sunny:

Glad you both had a good Turkey Day! I did ... and am still eating those leftovers, too, Losing. It is so hard to toss them out when you've worked so hard making all the good stuff, isn't it?

Tracy, great to see you back. I weighed 227 today, but considering how I've been eating, I wasn't surprised. Tracy, I know you hate that you've gained any back, but today is a NEW DAY! You can do it! I'm so tired of trying on my clothes from last year, and looking somewhat like a sausage so tomorrow I start walking again and trying to do better.

So ... let's go, ladies! Get at least a few pounds back off so we can enjoy Christmas more, right? :)

Cheers!
Olivia

tracyg40
11-27-2007, 02:46 PM
doing ok today! I still haven't gotten any exercise in. I really need to make time for that. But my eating has been better yesterday and today. So, that's a start. Where are you all?
check in.
hugs
tracyg

Losing4another
11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Hi ladies,

All my leftovers from thanksgiving are gone...Well all but one piece of pumpkin pie and if my husband doesn't eat it tonight ..before leaving again on business... I'm going to toss it :) I don't really even care for it but will eat it when I am needing that something sweet / high calorie treat.

I decided to join weight watchers again and went to my first meeting today. Was kinda fun ..people were nice the leader was nice. Tons of support! That is what I need more than anything. I have tons of stuff to read tonight...so much it makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

I weighed in at 251...more than when I lost during the fall with you guys but less than I thought with the Thanksgiving madness.

My December's goal is to keep the weight off that I lose in the next few weeks ......before we start all over with the big Christmas dinner/ party's the week of xmas.

babenwaiting
11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Hi girlies,

All the Thanksgiving leftovers are GONE! I walked briskly for 35 minutes today, and I can tell how badly I need to do it by how winded I get on the hills! :(

Losing, good for you for joining WeightWatchers. It's the best group around, really, and if I weren't so cheap, I'd go join. I just keep thinking I can do it myself, but I may be "joining you." :)

Tracy, good for you for getting better with the food. I finished leftovers today but tomorrow I plan to match the exercise with some good eating!

Happy evening, girls!:hug:

Losing4another
11-28-2007, 09:23 AM
YES, That is what kept me away as long as it did too. That and the getting there. I thought what if I can't make it but then said the pro's out "WEIGH" the con's. The price isn't that bad if you pay 6 weeks at a time. My mother in law is doing the program and has lost so much weight ......she was never good at diets. She tried them all and would only lose a little before giving up. She likes all those sweet snacks that most diets say no to. One of my sisters friends lost almost 100 pounds on weight watchers and she was a fast food queen. She would go to fast food places for breakfast lunch and dinner. However it wasn't just the diet it was the meetings as well. The diet is just another diet without those meetings. Both my mother in law and I tried the diet on our own without the meetings and didn't get to far. I lost 22 not sure what she lost the last time.

Let me know if you decide to join :)

tracyg40
11-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Glad to hear from you all! good luck with the weight watchers! Well, even though I haven't been exercising, the scale is starting to move in the right direction...was down 1/2lb today. I actually got some exercise in yesterday in form of practicing dance with dh last night. We're doing the waltz lol, and let me tell you, that is NOT a slow or easy dance. The trick is to make it look like it is. ;) We were both dizzy and winded when we were done lol!
so, again, my goal is to be careful food wise. possibly walk tonite and get some water into me.
good luck ladies!
hugs
tracyg

Losing4another
11-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Way to go tracy :cheer: Every little bit counts. Dance lessons is a neat way to spend extra time with your husband. I couldn't see my husband dancing ...I would probably have to stop and laugh at him :lol: Not that I would be much better :dance:

babenwaiting
11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

I'VE WALKED FOR THE SECOND DAY!!! :o Amazing, isn't it? Let me tell you ... I'm so out of shape and dragging my butt but I'm out there. Food is so-so today but at least I've burned up more of the calories!

The dancing sounds like a lot of fun, Tracy. So many husbands will not do something like that, but I think it's invigorating for a couple to try new things.

You girls have a good evening. I'll be watching the hockey game, and expecting my guys to WIN tonight. (Lost last 3 of 4 ... :( )

babenwaiting
11-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Checking in for just a minute tonight to say ...

THIRD DAY, THIRD WALK!!! Giving myself a GOLD STAR! :sunny:

Cheers,
Olivia

Losing4another
11-30-2007, 12:04 AM
YEAH Olivia........ Keep up it up hun :running:

maeminglea
11-30-2007, 09:29 AM
Hey ladies :)

I sorta went on hiatus during the Holidays. I cooked my first feast - which was pretty good, but I was left with a bad burn on my hand (ouch). Since I over extended my calories last week, I have cut them down this week. I didn't have the nerve to weigh until today and I am down a pound. I've been trying to add a few jogging spurts to my walks. Walking use to get my heart rate up more than it does now and I am trying to fit more cardio in. My plan is to eat as healthy as I can during the work week, so I can indulge at Holiday parties. I don't plan on losing any more weight in December but I don't want to gain any either. It looks like I'll be about 15 pounds from my goal weight of 175 by January 1 - But I have had that goal weight for a long time and I've never been so close to getting there - So I'm not discouraged.

Also, you all have been doing a lot of great things!

Losing - I am so glad you joined WW. I hear so much positive things about it. :wave:
Tracy - Have you been watching Dancing with the Stars? All the stars have trimmed down quite a bit. Dancing must really burn the calories. :cb:
Olivia - Your a walking fool. I hope you foot feels better and keep up the good work. :dancer:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

-Mae

Losing4another
11-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Mae- We haven't heard from you in a while ...it's nice to see a post from you. I did the same thing for Thanksgiving. I'm glad it's over and I hope Christmas isn't as hard to recover from. Thats a perfect goal for this month. My goal was to lose as much as I can in the coming weeks to Christmas then just try not to gain before the new year. I have my first Holiday party next Saturday. The test of all tests....Hopefully I will be okay :D

Get n healthy
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
Hello,

You all seem like a warm group. I would love to join you ladies.

I am a 34 yo old, wife and mother. I am a medical transcriptionist that works from home.

I have a few short term goals...just basic stuff. Then a long term goal and i would love the company along the way.

Losing4another
11-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello Stacy :welcome: to our little group :hug:

Are you following any diet or just counting calories/ eating healthier? I'm doing WW and I think everyone else are just eating healthier / counting calories.

Looking forward to getting to know you better :cheers:

Get n healthy
11-30-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome L4A.

My eating plan is based on calorie counting and exercise. I have done weight watchers before with great success. I lost over 100 pounds when i did WW about 5 years ago. Needless to say, i slacked off and slowly but surely gained most of it back. So i am doing calories for now, but i am thinking that when/if my weight loss stalls i may start back with WW...perhaps in the spring. I like the accountability of WW, knowing that someone is going to look at me to see how i did every week tends to keep me on track. So for now, i just weigh in every friday. Which works fine...when i can behave myself on the weekends. That seems to be my downfall...the dang weekends. I am able to behave for lunch and usually even dinner. I know it is odd, but it is usually breakfast that kills my weekend. My husband LOVES to cook a BIG country breakfast on the weekends and hey, if biscuits and gravy and sausage is sitting there...i cant just throw it out and eat cereal...so i eat it. But i have already told DH...there will be NO BISCUITS OR SAUSAGE tomorrow...he was disappointed but too bad, ha ha. He will make it.

When is your weigh in, what day of the week? Are you using core or flex?

Thanks again for the warm welcome. And i look forward to our losses.

Losing4another
12-01-2007, 11:51 AM
I've done WW in the past but never been to the meetings. I lost 22 lbs on my own with the program then of course gained it all back and then some. I went on a last chance diet before joining weight watchers in September. I lost 8 pounds gained back 4 ..loss 2 then gain that back so I said okay this isn't working time to join WW. My mother in law and my husbands Grandmother are on WW. Both have lost over 60 lbs each. I knew it worked but my thought was why pay to lose weight when I could do it on my own for free. I fought with myself on joining but finally thought it can't hurt to try the meetings. I couldn't get myself to write down points on my own. The meetings gave me that kick to start getting to the habit of writing down everything I eat. My meeting are on Tuesday and I'm doing flex.
I do understand the breakfast problem....and just the weekends in general. My husband knows I'm on weight watchers so hes not asking for the things he knows I can't eat. Hes usually pretty good about supporting me. He sometimes forgets and brings home something I can't eat but hes a man...... I have to give room for error :lol: Just kidding He of course can eat anything and not gain a lb
This month is going to be hard no matter what diet we are on that is for sure. Even just not gaining would be a hard goal to keep during the holidays. We just have think whatever we lose or not gain will give us a head start on jan 1st. Thats when most of the USA goes a diet :lol:

babenwaiting
12-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Good morning, ladies, and especially to you, Stacy! :welcome: We are so happy to have you join our little group as we try to collect ourselves as January 1, 2008 looms ahead.

Mae, it is so good to see your smiling face again as well ... :hug:. Do drop in more often. You are doing smashingly, just 15 lbs. from your goal. Losing those last pounds can be like pulling "hens' teeth" but you will do it. It just takes more patience than the beginning of the diet, doesn't it?

I walked for my 4th time in 4 days yesterday, and today my knee is "talking" to me a bit so I will take today off but be back out tomorrow. I climbed steps last night at the sports arena so that may be the culprit, and not the walking everyday.

Stacy, I do understand about the breakfast thing. My husband is not the problem; rather it is me, wanting to go out for brunch on Sundays ... then if you go, you want to eat so you don't waste your money! :p But I can make perfectly delicious and lower-cal things at home, so I try to make myself do that.

Losing, I'm glad you are so into your WW. Knowing that group of people are there for you is a big help, isn't it? I'm pulling for you ... :hug:

Miss Tracy, where are you? Come check in ... we miss you! Don't dance yourself into "a collapse" like Marie, but keep dancing! :D

Have a great weekend, ladies!

Cheers,
Olivia

Get n healthy
12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Olivia. Sorry about your knee hurting, i am betting it was the stair climbing though. I cant do a lot of stairs without having a little ache.

L4A- I agree this month is going to be hard. Temptations all around. The big rush of dieters on new years is another reason i am waiting til spring to do WW again. I cant stand the crowd at the new year...usually a few months after NY it is back to normal. And i figure by then, i will be needing to shake things up.

Well i didnt do great over the weekend, but i didnt do terrible. My eating was more like maintenance eating. I didnt have any sweets, i didnt overeat, i just didnt make as good of choices as i would have liked. I didnt exercise any. Hopefully, i can look at tomorrow as a new week and a new day. Plus it is TOM...my dedication always wavers at TOM. I always start to doubt myself. Thinking, i will never get there. But then i stop and think, ok, what is the alternative. To be 50 pounds heavier this time next year? NO WAY. So that kind of gets me back on track.

I heard something really enlightening on a thread the other day. They were talking about motivation. And someone said, its not movitvation that gets you to goal. Motivation wavers, comes and goes...its dedication that gets you to goal. And i dont know. I just thought that was so profound. So basically, it is okay when your motivation goes out the window...just keep on plugging away and stay dedicated and you can get there.

Hope you all are having a good, strong weekend.

babenwaiting
12-04-2007, 11:19 AM
Morning Stacy, Losing, Tracy and Mae (and all lurkers!) :sunny: ....

It's a cold Tuesday in the South. How is it where you are? Hard to get your butt out walking when it's so chilly, and we had lots of wind yesterday. My knee is feeling a bit better so I will probably get back out there today.

Stacy, I think if you can maintain on the weekend, you are doing really well. Even when I'm dieting wholeheartedly and really losing, I cruise on the weekends. Unfortunately, from Thanksgiving to New Year's Day seems like one long weekend with all the temptations. I am at 225# now, and though I would like to get down a few pounds in December, I know it's possible that maintaining will be more likely.

Yes, Stacy, I'd say with anything you want, first you need the motivation but then you have to feel the dedication. That's true. Like NOT to be this weight when Christmas 2008 comes, right??? :^: (Talking about me, you and the whole gang here ... :mad: )

Well, ladies, off to do battle with laundry and the kitchen. You girls have a great days. :grouphug:

Olivia

Losing4another
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Today was second weight watchers meeting and I lost 5lbs. It feels so wrong ...like a how the heck did I do that kind of feeling. I promised myself I would reward myself each 5lbs gone but I'm really not sure with what yet :lol:

Olivia~ We are nice today....still a little warm but not enough to complain.

Stacy- Our Leader was talking about the crowds they get during the new year. She was joking with us and said she would make sure she put everyone in the groups name on a chair because we come every week. There are only 9 people in our meeting right now.

Get n healthy
12-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Hello Ladies

Well i did well overall today. Lunch was a total flop and not what i had planned but i still stayed within my cals for the day. I did well on water intake today. And i got my exercise in. I was actually looking forward to exercise and enjoyed it tonight. :carrot: Thank you Leslie Sansone. I think next week i want to step up the exercise though. The last time i did really well on weight loss i was doing 30 minutes of weight training and 30 minutes of cardio at least 5 days a week. So i figure with it being holiday season...i need to step it up. I want some progress.

L4A- HOLY MOLY 5 pounds! :woohoo:. Now that makes me want to join WW TODAY! That is great. 9 people in a WW meeting is a good number...not too crowded, not to empty. Do you like your leader? I absolutely LOVED mine. She was so cool. She always had cool little sayings, "nothing tastes as good as slim feels" and "I cant lose 100 pounds but i can lose 10 pounds 10 times"...that was my favorite. Hmm a 5 pound reward...how about a new set of weights, like 5 pound weights or something like that?

Olivia- Where are you in the south? I am in East Tn. It has been down right cold here and pretty windy. You are so right...thanksgiving to new years does feel like one long weekend diet wise. Geeze, it drives me nuts. I have all these plans to lose weight and usually maintain this month. :( (If i am lucky) Oh Christmas 2008, now there is a thought to keep me moving and losing. I surely dont want to be this weight or bigger...so yes, the proverbial, "where do you want to be in a year?"...a whole lot smaller with some sharp collar bones smiling back at me.

ok ladies, off to throw some kiddos in the bath.

babenwaiting
12-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey ladies ... :flow2:

How's everyone today? Stacy, I'm in central North Carolina, so not so far from you! :) It was very windy here yesterday, so I minimized my stops when I was out shopping.

:balloons: for you, Losing! Five pounds ... you are rocking, girl! Congratulations for making such a good start! :hug: We're proud of her, aren't we, girls?

Where are you, Tracy and Mae? Come check in and tell us how you are ... :grouphug:

Have a good one, all.

Bhender
12-05-2007, 11:20 AM
hELLO! I AM IN NEED OF A PLACE TO FIT IN! CAN I JOIN YOUR GROUP! I AM DESPERATE TO GET BACK TO WHERE I WAS 2 YEARS AGO(ABOUT 40LBS LESS) AND TO FINALLY GET TO MY GOAL. I WANT TO FIND SOME ENCOURAGEMENT AND SOMEONE TO BE ACCOUNTABLE TO AND ALSO TO BE AN ENCOURGEMENT.

babenwaiting
12-05-2007, 01:41 PM
:ginger: Hi there, Bhender :ginger:

We are so happy to have you as we do subscribe to "the more the merrier." We're all doing our own thing at our own paces, and drop in whenever we can to cheer each other on. For myself, I'm trying not to gain any before January 1, hopefully drop a couple of pounds by cutting back ... but I admit that I like to enjoy the holidays, and food is part of that so I'm being realistic about myself. Come the first week of January, I plan to kick my diet into a higher gear.

I see that you're from Arkansas, so welcome to another Southerner. Drop in often! :)

Cheers,
Olivia :tree:

maeminglea
12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi there ladies - Hope everyone is doing well!:D

:welcome3: Bhender and Stacey:hug:

I am still hanging in there but have my first Christmas party tomorrow. :snowglo: My exercise has slacked off a lot these past few weeks. December is such a busy time of year - so we'll see what I can do. Maybe if I treadmill:tread: all during one of my favorite shows (Grey's Anatomy) tonight then I'll indulge a bit at tomorrow's party. Maybe I should treadmill through Ugly Betty as well.:ebike:

I hope you all are made of tougher stuff :lifter:than me. Have a great weekend!!:rudolph:

Mae

Losing4another
12-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Mae~ I have my first Christmas party this weekend too :eek: This one if for the kids so there will be lots of fatty kid friendly food too....and yummy...Kids know what is good :) Next weekend is the adults only party with lots of drinks since it's a BYOB party....don't know which is worse :yikes:

Bhender~ ((((((((WELCOME)))))))) Glad you found us as well. I like that are little group is growing. Are you following any kind of diet ...counting calories ect...

Stacy~ Yes I do like my leader. Shes nice...I think I like the other people in my meetings with me more though. The leader has already got to goal so shes more like the teacher and everyone else like classmates I guess :lol: She does make a big deal about losing weight though. Brings back that class feeling ...YAY I passed my first test :D I'm not looking forward to the big crowds either. I like how east goin it is now ..just enough people to be able to keep track of who lost what and names. As for the reward I already have weights I don't use :lol: I shouldn't go and by new ones. hmmmm the cheap side of me is telling me to wait until after Xmas shopping. I will let you know what I decide though.
How is the exercise going? I haven't even been that far yet. I know I can fit in a morning walk with my dog so I shouldn't have any BUT"S

Bhender
12-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Hello! I am so glad to be a part of your group! I am just starting again and I want to count calories. I have just started getting in the right frame of mind and the right motivation. I am really excited to have a place where I can get some support because I reallyyyy want to lose the weight and keep it off this time. But I realize that I can't do it alone.

babenwaiting
12-08-2007, 12:06 PM
:tree: Happy December 8th, ladies! :tree:

How are you all today? Losing & Mae, I believe you have holiday parties this weekend? Don't fall face-first into the punch bowl, and try to stay a little under control ... :D ... but do enjoy yourselves a bit, as Christmas only comes once a year! :hohoho:

Bhender, how's it going for you? We are so happy to have you with us. :hug:

Tracy, I may have to send a search party out for you, lady! Hope all is going well, and that you're just busy with the season!

Have a good weekend, everyone. I'm going shopping today, went out to Outback to eat and saw "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" yesterday. OMG, what a hair-raising but terrific picture. Anything with Philip Seymour Hoffman is superb, I've decided, though I didn't enjoy seeing him NAKED, misbehaving, I'm afraid :o (At a distance, thank heavens!!! :D)

Cheers! :ginger:
Olivia

babenwaiting
12-14-2007, 01:31 AM
:hohoho: Hi Tracy, Mae, Losing, Bhender, Stacy ... :hohoho:

You guys must be having a hard time fighting the Christmas temptations, as I am! Christmas = eating for sure. I hope you're all ahead of your shopping, gift-wrapping, baking ... all that good stuff!

We will be going to Charleston for four days to stay in the historic district, and enjoy Christmas there as we won't have any family home for Christmas this year. It will be different, but nice in it's own way.

Hope to hear from everyone soon! :ginger:

Cheers,
Olivia

Losing4another
12-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Hello Olivia,

:eek: oh yeah shopping :lol: I still have so much to do. No baking though. I'm not going all out like I did for Thanksgiving. I already told everyone Thanksgiving day that Christmas wasn't going to be as good ...with the food that is. Not even sure we will have anyone over either. My sister has plans for Christmas Day so we are going to do another dinner with her and I and my Mom after Christmas with our families. Other than the gift shopping and wrapping and finding the right gift for everyone NO stress :yikes:

babenwaiting
12-14-2007, 10:09 AM
:balloons: for you, Losing! I see by your ticker that your weight is down 7 lbs. now!!! Good for you ... Glad to see you're not eating as much PRE-Christmas as I have been! Keep up the good work!

I, too, did a huge amount of cooking over Thanksgiving weekend, but for Christmas it will be the good restaurants in Charleston serving *moi.* :^: I've never been away from home at Christmas before so this will feel very different.

You have a great weekend, Losing! (BTW, have you ever been to Ruth Eckerd Hall, the theater in Clearwater?)

Cheers,
Olivia :ginger:

maeminglea
12-14-2007, 01:58 PM
Hey ladies. I hope all is going well. I did workout on Sunday and Monday to make up for all the yummy foods I've been eating. Though I don't believe calories out make up for the calories in. I have not weighed myself and I don't plan on weigh this week.

It sounds like you all are doing well and I hope you are having a great Holiday Season!:snowglo:

-Mae

babenwaiting
12-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Hi ladies ... :hohoho:

Just checking in to say that I've been holding the line pretty well, at least not gaining anything. I've been trying to eat moderately and not go to bed stuffed!

Mae, good for you on the workouts! Every little bit helps, huh? Losing, hope your WW is going well ... I admire you for doing so well with it during this season.

Stacy, Bhender, Tracy ... where are you ladies? We miss you ... :grouphug: Hope you will pop in soon!

Okay, everyone, don't work too hard this week before Christmas. We'll be leaving for our Christmas trip on Sunday ... before then, I'll just do a bit of baking, and do some fun things with friends. Have a great week, all!

Cheers,
Olivia :tree:

Losing4another
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Mae ~ Enjoy your holiday's :xcheer:

Hello there Olivia,

Great Job....Most people gain at least 5lbs during the holidays. Your already ahead of the game not gaining or gaining very little.
I'm still hanging in there. My goal was to lose eight pounds this month and i think i did it. I did go to a party Saturday night. I drank a drink and some unknown calorie amounts....party food. So far so good only up 2oz...tomorrow is weigh in :o

:snowglo: :candy: :rudolph: :wreath: :present: :santa: :coolsnow:

babenwaiting
12-25-2007, 12:43 AM
:ginger: :tree: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY FRIENDS ON THIS THREAD! :tree: :ginger:

tracyg40
12-31-2007, 10:02 AM
:mad: and unfortunately, I let myself goooo over the holidays and am back up to 172. Ugh....mad at myself. As for the reason I have not been here, my puter died....i've been without for almost 3 weeks.....3 long weeks...today is my first day back and i've had a hard time loggin in. spent most of the morning trying to get here to you all.....:dizzy:
So, back, and motivated to get back on track now. I reallyyyyyy need to get back to exercising. Once I quit that, forget it, everything goes....
So...tell me how you all are doing? Welcome to the newbies, saw a few posts
from you all. Well, I have put it off long enough, I need to get my kids' schoolwork around for the rest of this week and next. Hope to hear from you all soon, and hope my puter is truly fixed so I can check back in later or tomorrow.
Hugs
tracyg:carrot:

babenwaiting
12-31-2007, 11:37 AM
:tree: Hi Ladies :tree:

Last day to enjoy *decorations* before January 1, 2008! :D Very happy to see you, Tracy, and I have also let myself go ... I must be 230# from all the junk I've eaten over the holidays, but I'll give you an OFFICIAL number on January 2, when the serious work starts!

Hope to see Mae, Stacey, Losing, Bhender here soon ... and anyone who'd like to make a difference in 2008 is welcome to join our thread. I will give you the particulars of MY plans on Wednesday ...

:tree: HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR'S EVE, ALL! :tree:

Losing4another
12-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Hi ladies,

I'm finally back to my ticker weight. I went a little crazy during the holidays too. Just to much yummy food around to keep me honest...I cracked :lol:

Tracy~ Nice to see you back :hug: We can do this. New year to get it right :carrot:

HI Olivia~ Are you ready to get back on track? It's over and now time to get back to business. I don't have anything planned for tonight so I think my gaining is over. I may have a little drink of something...haven't decided yet.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

tracyg40
01-02-2008, 10:14 AM
going crazy mind you though lol! I am trying to ease back in. So, my goal today is to drink more water, if we are not still blizzarding, I would like to walk at the y. and to eat only when I am truly hungry. I need to get back in touch with those hunger signals lol!
ttyl in the week. hopefully i will see the scale start to move down soon!
good luck ladies and check in!
hugs
tracyg

babenwaiting
01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Okay, girlies, here we go! Like you, Tracy, I am *easing in* ... cutting out wine, junk, throwing away all candy, etc. that's left, and plan to walk later today if it warms up a little. I'm starting at 230, and maybe by next New Year's 2009, I will be a much healthier person.

How about we do our weigh-ins (for this Thread anyway) on Mondays? By this coming Monday, the scale should have started to change a little, and that will cheer us up. (Monday weigh-ins help keep me more in control on weekends. :) )

Everybody welcome ... come join us, and let us know what and how you're doing. I wish everyone the best, and LET'S REALLY ROCK & ROLL THIS YEAR, get our weight charts moving in the right direction! :flow2:

babenwaiting
01-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Yoo-hoooooooooo? Where is everyone? :) I am down a *pound plus* today, since last Wednesday. Had a few more calories than I should have yesterday, but I think the scale would be down a solid two pounds except for all the salt I had. I'll take one lb. If I lost a pound every week, next year this time I'd be 52 lbs. lighter. I could live with that ... :p

Tracy, Losing, Bhender, Stacy ... how are you all doing? Hope to see you on here soon. Any newbies who would like to hop on this wagon are welcome!

No real exercise this past week so I must rectify that! Have a good one, ladies! :grouphug:

Cheers,
Olivia

Losing4another
01-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm here.....I have my WW meeting tomorrow and believe me I need it. The holidays messed up my normal meetings. I did see a new set of numbers this week 239 :D Hope to see a new set again come the end of jan.

Good job on the 1lb down. Nice and slow keeps it off longer or so I've heard.

tracyg40
01-14-2008, 08:59 AM
when will i realize that eating is not going to make things any BETTER....sigh...:( I guess it always seems like it can't be just ONE thing that goes wonky at once, it has to be 10, and the normal response for me is to grab all the chocolate in sight and EAT it. ugh:( It's been a rough few weeks, my marriage has hit a bad patch, seems like more and more recently it's a cycle of trouncing each other and then trying to make up...This past week has been especially rough. My mother had a mild stroke, a family member is dying, we are just waiting, should be any day now, and then on friday my middle dd did a header off the counter (No, don't ask WHY she was on the counter;)) and ended up with a pretty serious concussion. Grrrrr.....I have got to learn a new coping skill, other than eating.
Trying to be back at it, well ok, haven't been trying all that hard. But, I need to be and today I am mentally back at it. I am mad at myself for losing ground. In all I have gained back about 6 lbs, and it really makes a difference. Those 14's I was so proud to get into are decidedly tight. So, today is a new day for me.
Hope all is well with you all. Please update, I know it's selfish, but I need to feel like there is someone else out there in it with me.
Hugs
tracyg

Losing4another
01-14-2008, 12:37 PM
I hear ya Tracy :hug: We just have to pick ourselves up , dust of that will power and go forward. Don't think about what we've been doing wrong ...Start new :D I know it's hard when there are other things going on our lives. You put yourself last and try and take care of everyone else. Hang in there hon :hug: Getting back on track is the hardest part of dieting, once your back on you will feel better.

babenwaiting
01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Hi there Losing and Tracy ... glad to see you girls on here. I have been lax about posting ... :(

Tracy :hug: ... sorry to hear about all the trying things going on in your life. I do hope your Mom completely recovers; what were her symptoms? I will send good thoughts her way. Isn't it frightening when one of your children takes a fall like that? My son, at about age two or so, decided to pull out his dresser drawers and walk up them like stairs! :o I hear it, about your marriage. It is so difficult not to hit the refrigerator when your emotions are up and down! I'm sending hugs and good thoughts your way!

Losing, congrats on your new set of numbers, and are your WW meetings still going well? Are they helping you hang in and battle against January boredom (at least, I get that)? I'm not doing too well ... the scale was down to 227# yesterday, then I ate a ton of salty stuff so I think I may be up again today. I am eating less, and I did take two long walks last week so some improvement ... :^:

Hugs to both of you ... let's all post more often!

Cheers,
Olivia

tracyg40
01-21-2008, 10:34 AM
well, I don't recommend getting the flu to lose weight, but it has given me a jump start. back down to 168 today. not much new to report here. ttyl
tracyg