Paganchicks - Samhain Challenge anyone?

View Full Version : Samhain Challenge anyone?

drake3272004
09-27-2007, 07:27 PM
It's coming up quick! September is flying by.............not a whole lot of time left, but I'm challenging myself to get to Onederland:) I'm pretty sure that I've lost 5 lbs. these last two weeks, just waiting for my official weigh-in day. TOMORROW! Then just 10 more lbs. to go:carrot:

So anyone else up for a challenge? Keep each other accountable and moving along......doesn't neccessarily need to be weight specific, just ways to improve your health counts too!

I'm going to think about what exactly my goals are going to be and I'll post later, got to get to work:)

lizziness
09-28-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm up for it. I have got to start exercising again. My challenge is to work out a minimum of 3 times per week, 30 minutes each time. I'm also challenging myself not to spend any of my personal spending money on fast food for the month!

We can do it! :)

jeepifer
09-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Good luck!

WickedCrafty
09-28-2007, 07:19 PM
I set mine last month I believe or at the very beginning of Sept to lose 15 by Halloween. I liked it cause it rhymed and it seemed do-able. 2 more pounds to go! I would tweak it, but I would hate to jinx myself! LOL

Daimere
09-28-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm in because it happens to coincide with my birthday goal. Which is to loose 9 pounds

drake3272004
09-29-2007, 12:27 AM
Hello!
My official weigh-in is today, but I'm not trusting it cause I woke up with a horrible sore throat and headache.:p Hoping it's just a sinus cold thingy and passes quickly like last time. But the scale did say 210:D

So my goals are to say bye-bye to 200 and to do this I am going to work on doing cardio 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes and weights 3-4 times a week. I was able to get in 3 days this week for each, so I'm going to try to step it up...........hope my head feels better soon! And I'll do my official weigh-in days on Wednesdays instead of Friday since Samhain is on a Wednesday this year, crossing my fingers on the numbers I saw this afternoon:) Not too many left:eek:

Daimere
09-30-2007, 02:15 PM
Today's weigh in: 254.2..4.2 more pounds to go!

I was so scared that it wouldn't be a nice number. I am so estatic.

mauvaisroux
09-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Count me in!

My goals:

Exercise daily
Bring lunch to work each day
Lose 5lbs

Stay away from Halloween candy!:witch:

drake3272004
10-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Well, it was definetely a sinus cold:p So, I was pretty much down and out most the weekend. Still have the sniffles today, but managed to get a workout in! And the scale still says 210:carrot:

How is everyone else doing?

Drgnfly423
10-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Hello everyone. I'm kinda new. I have been reading a lot, but not posting. I would like to join the challenge.

Lose 5 lbs.
Bring lunch to work everyday
No fastfood

shhambo
10-02-2007, 01:17 AM
Sounds great

Exercise 6 days a week. Bring lunch. Lose 4 pounds.

drake3272004
10-03-2007, 12:25 AM
I got another workout in today:carrot: Still not able to "push" as hard as I normally would, I'm thinking that my sinus cold is turning into an infection:stress: I had to stop half way thru my workout and take a break. Managed to get going again, but then I needed a nap afterwards. My weight-in is tomorrow, but I'm not feeling very optimistic. Will be happy with 210!

Daimere
10-07-2007, 03:57 PM
.9 pound gone. I'm not even gonna worry about my tickers/ It's better than gaining. I wonder if my TOM has anything for the lacking of loosing. Although now, I have to loose 1.5 pounds every week to reach my halloween goal.

going2Bhealthy
10-09-2007, 04:52 PM
There are only 3 weeks left but I'd like to join in please? :)

I'd like to get back on track as I've been really slack for the past 6 months and have gained 11lbs from my previous highest weight :(

I'd like to stick to my plan and lose 6lbs :)

drake3272004
10-09-2007, 05:42 PM
There are only 3 weeks left but I'd like to join in please?

I'd like to get back on track as I've been really slack for the past 6 months and have gained 11lbs from my previous highest weight

I'd like to stick to my plan and lose 6lbs

Welcome! Never too late;)

Well, my weigh-in is tomorrow.........it's not looking good!
I'm expecting TOM anyday now and I am feeling very hormonal:tantrum: On the upside, even if I don't lose the last ten pounds, I at least got a kick in the butt to exercise more again, that's what I REALLY needed:)

drake3272004
10-10-2007, 11:05 PM
HELLO EVERYONE! How are you all doing?

I gained:mad: TOM is still not here, blaiming it on that:p
I haven't worked out much mostly because I've been doing so much cleaning lately, a work out in itself! And I ALWAYS feel starved right before TOM, so I think that I have been overeating a bit plus bloat. Stupid TOM!

Drgnfly423
10-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Hi, sorry about TOM. That can throw a wrench in the best made plans!

I've been sticking with my plan. I did have Baja Fresh yesterday. But I had a "bare burrito w/ no rice". Totally SB friendly. I've exercised somewhat consistantly. And have lost a couple pounds. To be honest...I hadn't weighed myself in a while when I made my list of goals and had gained more weight than I thought. Grrrrr...good thing I'm back on track. Thanks for the motivation!

going2Bhealthy
10-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Well, today is normally my official weigh in day and although monday was the first time I'd weighed myself in a month or so, I decided to weigh in today and keep friday for that, so I weighed in at 196 today, 1lb down from monday, which is pretty good considering I've done no exercise, ate cheese on toast as a late night snack last night :o and am finding it hard to give up fizzy drinks :(

So, 1lb down, 5lbs to go. Good Luck everyone :D

dolfingirl2000
10-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone~~:wave:

I usually post on the 300+ forum but I'd like to join your challenge. :) I just had a tummy tuck and my doctor just gave me the okay to walk on my treadmill. Since it's only 18 days away, my goal for Samhain is to:

1) Walk on my treadmill 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes a day.
2) Stick to my low carb diet which is sooooo much harder to start once you've been off it for a while. :p
3) I want to lose 5 lbs. by Samhain.

So those are my goals and I'm going to go walk on the treadmill as soon as I'm done posting here.

Good luck everyone. :goodluck: Vicki

dolfingirl2000
10-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Okay, I'm very happy right now! While I haven't weighed myself today so I can't say for sure what my starting weight is--cuz you all know that it fluctuates by 2-3 lbs. a day based on what you eat, fluid retention, etc. (why can't it be easy?) So I'm going to change my weight on my tracker tomorrow morning with whatever the dreaded machine says. Anyway--I had already eaten carbs so I will have to make sure my dinner tonight and my meals from now on are low carb--but why I am so happy right now? I just did my first 30 minutes on my treadmill since the doctor gave me the okay. You know...I forgot how good my workout CD is. So that's my news and I am excited!

drake3272004
10-16-2007, 12:24 AM
Still busy, busy cleaning and rearranging my place! Got the garage pretty well cleaned too:carrot: Will need to start parking the car in there soon, there was frost everywhere this morning! It didn't last long though, in fact it turned into a pretty nice day. I was able to get a nice walk in along the river while DD was at dance class.

My weight is driving me nuts! Still have not gotten TOM, can't seem to go more then 3 cycles before that happens:p Took a test, it's negative AGAIN. Still bloated and sick of it! So much for getting down to 200:( Instead I need to make an appointment with the doctor, get this TOM figured out AND on the general chatter forum, sleep apnea was brought up and it freaked me out. Damage to the heart and even optical nerves, NO THANK YOU!

Hope everyone else is doing better! Little over 2 weeks, KEEP IT UP:carrot:

Daimere
10-16-2007, 08:43 PM
So, I avoided the scale on my weigh in day and jumped on it after breakfast. It said 247.6. SOOOO, that means I met my goal of 250 by next weekend.

^___________^ Now, for Christmas!

drake3272004
10-17-2007, 12:30 AM
So, I avoided the scale on my weigh in day and jumped on it after breakfast. It said 247.6. SOOOO, that means I met my goal of 250 by next weekend.

^___________^ Now, for Christmas!
:woohoo:

:bravo:WTG!!!! Good for you!:dancer:

:woohoo:

Now what will your goal be for Yule?

Daimere
10-17-2007, 12:02 PM
244 but I made that goal before this goal(And that was allowing 1 pound per week for 15 weeks). Lol Also, since I knew around the holidays, it might slow down, so I didn't want to aim high but I always want to aim high. ^___^

I'm so happy. I weigh less than I remember in memory before my 20th birthday! ^___^ And I'm going to my grandmas this weekend and I hope she will be able to tell. She's always badgered me before! I've now lost 49.2 pounds in all. I really want to just fudge that last pound and just say 50 this weekend. I hope jumping on the scale before breakfast tomorrow, I will be able to "say" it. I think it will be imperative for me to weigh right before I go just to be able to control myself this weekend and keep working. I'm going to try to move more plus my workouts.

BUT WOW. I weigh 247. Wow wowowowowowowowowow times a billion. It hasn't really hit yet.

drake3272004
10-17-2007, 06:02 PM
WOW :cheer:
You'll get there I'm sure! We'll have to do a Yule challenge too:)

And since I am so frustrated about my challenge not going as well as I would like, it's a real :kickbutt: to get to the doctor!

WickedCrafty
10-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Anyway--I had already eaten carbs so I will have to make sure my dinner tonight and my meals from now on are low carb--but why I am so happy right now? I just did my first 30 minutes on my treadmill since the doctor gave me the okay. You know...I forgot how good my workout CD is. So that's my news and I am excited!

Congrats! Funny how when we can exercise we don't but when told we can't...that's when we want to? LOL

Happy for you! Keep up the good fight!:carrot:

WickedCrafty
10-19-2007, 08:02 PM
Well, I weighed today, after purposely not weighing for a week or so....
drum roll.....
195.... met my lose 15 by Halloween goal!

Hmm now for a Yule goal... keeping in the rhyming theme with this one; hmm may take me a while to come up with one! LOL

drake3272004
10-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Well, I weighed today, after purposely not weighing for a week or so....
drum roll.....
195.... met my lose 15 by Halloween goal!

Hmm now for a Yule goal... keeping in the rhyming theme with this one; hmm may take me a while to come up with one! LOL

:congrat:WOO HOO! Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!:congrat:

Now where is everyone else? How is it going for YOU?:mag:

WickedCrafty
10-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks Jackie!!!

drake3272004
10-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Well, I'm out for this challenge. I keep bouncing back and forth between 210 and 215, but I'm still plugging away. Haven't been able to make an appointment with the doctor yet, it was a busy week. I probably won't be able to get in til the middle of November anyway at the soonest:p

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE

going2Bhealthy
10-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Congrats on everyone's losses! I daren't even weigh myself :( My period came unexpectedly (I haven't had one for months and months) and I was eating all chocolate in sight... or rather getting my bf to go and buy me chocolate that I could eat. Add on some mood swings and lots of insecurity and it's been hard to snap out of those couple of days of bingeing. So for me, tomorrow will be the clean slate.

Happy Samhain Everyone!