LA Weight Loss - A question for fellow Canucks!

View Full Version : A question for fellow Canucks!

Ternoway
09-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Hi I've been reading on the forum that some of you are replacing the lites with Luna or Kashi bars. Do any of you Canadians out there, particularily those in the GTA, know if you can get them here? I haven't been able to find them anywhere. Also I've heard mention of Lean Pockets, same question, is this only an American product? :dizzy:

elisa822
09-25-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm not on LAWL but I'm Canadian so I thought I might be able to help!

I'm in Toronto and find the Luna bars at many different places. I'm not sure about Shoppers Drug Mart (which does occasionally carry the Clif bars - same company but different product - more geared toward men - higher calories etc.) I have had luck with Luna bars at many grocery stores - Dominion, IGA etc. Almost all healthfood stores I've been to have them. The big thing though is price. In the states the Luna bars are usually $0.99. Here they're anywhere from $1.50 to almost $3 at some specialty places downtown. It's just ridculous.

If you ever cross the border, stock up on Luna bars - they're way cheaper and there's a much better selection.

As for Kashi bars - same thing. Some grocery stores (maybe Walmart Superstores) and I've found the Kashi "chewy granola bars" at Costco - very cheap. Not sure which Kashi bars are recommended on LAWL.

I hope I've been of some help, if not PM and I'll try to get some specific names for you.

:D

Ternoway
09-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks! I've checked out our local Dominion already and we don't have a Walmart Superstore in our area but I haven't looked in the Shoppers or any of the local healthfood stores so I will definately do that. :D

NaomiZ
09-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I ordered a bunch of Luna's off of Ebay for dirt cheap. I have seen the bars at local health food stores as well as save-On foods, not at Shoppers though.

meowee
09-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I've definitely seen Lean Pockets although I've never bought any -- both Sobeys and Atlantic Superstore (Loblaws) have them.

ronlu
09-25-2007, 10:51 PM
I live in Niagara peninsula. Zehs in this area has Carb Watch(President's Choice) bars for .33 each. These are about 230-250 calories, 17g protein, 2g fiber, 1g sugar, 12 g sugar alcohol.

KrispieD
09-26-2007, 08:32 AM
The best way to get those products.. is to cross the border. I've been on LAWL a year and twice went across and stocked up on some great things like the Knudsens Juice, fat free coffee cream, soups and you can get all the bars.
I have bought Luna bars at Loblaws, WholeFoods has the entire lineup and also some of the drug stores etc.
Good luck on the plan!