Carb Counters - Buddy for Daily Weigh-In?

View Full Version : Buddy for Daily Weigh-In?

MuffinPop
09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi there, I'm pretty new to this forum, but I'd really like to have a buddy for a daily weigh-in. I know for myself that if I weigh in daily then I tend to cheat less and I stick to the program. If anyone is interested I would love to have someone do it with me.

I'm going to start:

139.4lbs - Sept 25th

(I was 136.2 on Friday, but I went on a bender this weekend and here I am now :()
I worked out for an hour yesterday:

40 Mins Stationary Bike
20 Mins Leg Calesthetics

Anyway, anyone interested, please join me here:wave:

MissyFluffs
09-25-2007, 11:28 AM
hi Muffin.. Love to weigh in daily with you! I like weighing every morning too. It helps me see exactly what that cheat did to me.

For me this am... 220 (making up from a weekend splurge... yesterday was 222!!)
Last night I did a 30 min jog/walk workout through the hills in my neighborhood. I can really feel it in my abs this morning. Feels great!

kelligirl
09-26-2007, 06:13 AM
I guess I'll jump in. My weekend sent me off plan as well with pizza, fresh apple pie, and ice cream. Weird how these splurges now just don't seem to be as worth it anymore. Anyway 207.6 for me and back on plan since Monday. Have a good day ladies. Buffalo wings and spinach salad for lunch today.
228/207.6/160
5'8"

krawhitham
09-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi all! I'll weigh in daily too, I mean I always sneak a peak in the morning anyway. But I am never the same weight from day to day - not sure if other women have the same issue, but my weight fluctuates by 8lbs day to day depending on water weight....

This morning I was 137.5!

I'll probably try to get a work out in today....that always lowers my water-weight, and it'll probably bring me back down to 135 for tomorrow...but as for actually losing fat, it hasn't happened in a while, and I haven't cheated on induction at all! :(

MissyFluffs
09-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Ouch! I was at 221 this am. I know I went a bit over on carbs yesterday (they were giving away this beautiful fresh fruit at work)

But my calorie count was still really low. I'm thinking I'm very close to having Aunt Flo's visit, hopefully it's 4 lbs of bloat... couldn't get my engagement ring on this morning :(

MuffinPop
09-26-2007, 11:33 AM
AAAHHHH!! I've gained a pound! I'm now 140.4 lbs! :( Whats going on?? I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I work out everyday, I've been soo good on Atkins (this past weekend was my first cheat in 3 weeks!) and I'm either staying still or gaining weight... this is very disheartening!

For the past 3 years I've hovered around 132-142lbs and I just can't get any lower.... I just want to be 120lbs is that too much to ask???? :tantrum:(Sorry, just asking the universe, not anyone in particular). It just seems that no matter how hard I try, how much exercise I get in, no matter what, I can't break out of the 130's....

krawhitham
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
For the past 3 years I've hovered around 132-142lbs and I just can't get any lower.... I just want to be 120lbs is that too much to ask???? :tantrum:(Sorry, just asking the universe, not anyone in particular). It just seems that no matter how hard I try, how much exercise I get in, no matter what, I can't break out of the 130's....

MuffinPop, it seems that we are in the same boat! I am about 5'3" as well and I hover between 132-142 as well! It's been a 3-year journey for me too!!!! I got down to 127 last fall/winter, but then got really, really sick (as i always do in the winter/spring) and gained (because i couldnt do ANY exercise for 2 whole months) and shot back up to 140!!

I was at 127 for 6 months straight and couldn't lose a pound....but at the time I wasnt doing Atkins. I'm hoping atkins is the KEY to getting lower than 127!!!

I'm right there with you though, thru the frusteration and everything it's like WHY CANT I LOSE the last 10 or so lbs?!?!??! And NO, 120 lbs IS NOT too much to ask!!!! It's perfectly reasonable!!!!

MuffinPop
09-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks so much for that!! At least I'm not the only one... makes me feel a little better. I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks and so I've been killing myself the last few months and it seems like the only way I can lose weight is by being really unhealthy... This is not good and its certainly not a long-term way of maintaining the weight loss (hence why I'm here now).

So ya, what to do?? I feel like i've tried everything... low-fat, low-carb, low-cal, crazy exercise, etc... nothing works... Maybe I'm not meant to be thin??

Yeesh!!

krawhitham
09-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks so much for that!! At least I'm not the only one... makes me feel a little better. I'm going to Mexico in a few weeks and so I've been killing myself the last few months and it seems like the only way I can lose weight is by being really unhealthy... This is not good and its certainly not a long-term way of maintaining the weight loss (hence why I'm here now).

So ya, what to do?? I feel like i've tried everything... low-fat, low-carb, low-cal, crazy exercise, etc... nothing works... Maybe I'm not meant to be thin??

Yeesh!!

The only time I've been able to get down to 120 was back early in college, I was an athlete, on the track & field team and I lifted weights 3 days a week and ran for 2-3 hours per day 6 days a week.

So....the only thing that does it for me is INSANE amounts of exercise, which I can't do anymore because I've run my hips & knees into the ground :(

But I have only just started low carb, I've never tried it before, and I've decided i'm going to stay on induction for a full year to see if I can get results!

MuffinPop
09-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Oh absolutely!! Low-carb, for me, was the ONLY thing that ever worked. Every other way made me sick and run down and I never lost anything... So I'm happy to do low-carb but it would just be so gratifying to actually get somewhere as opposed to staying exactly the same ALL the time... All I can do is keep pushing through... How come weight can't come off in 10 lb increments? LOL!

MuffinPop
09-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Thank goodness!! The scale says I'm down!! I'm 138.2lbs today:carrot:

I worked out another 60 mins last night....

krawhitham
09-27-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm still at 137.5....have been for an entire week and a half now. I have been very diligent at atkins induction, altho i haven't had time to put in proper workouts. But I heard that on atkins, you dont necessarily have to work out to lose weight... is that not true? Or maybe my body is just getting prepared for a big 3-4 lb drop!! haha...

Azure
09-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Kraw-- I'd say that exercise is pretty important no matter what diet you're on :) I'm admittedly lazy...but I'm trying my hardest to MAKE myself do it. If you're hitting a snag, I'd actually count your carbs AND calories for a few days to see where you're at--are your calories too low or too high? Before I started counting my Atkins calories, I was eating WAY low (like 1,000 cal/day low). I know that's not a good idea for my body, so I make sure I get 1300-1500 calories a day now. On the other hand, Atkins can be very high calorie if you let it be--and if you're eating too MANY calories, it could be stalling you. I've found it's really hard to eat too many calories on Atkins, though...so I'd check to see if you're eating too few :)

krawhitham
09-27-2007, 11:17 AM
Kraw-- I'd say that exercise is pretty important no matter what diet you're on :) I'm admittedly lazy...but I'm trying my hardest to MAKE myself do it. If you're hitting a snag, I'd actually count your carbs AND calories for a few days to see where you're at--are your calories too low or too high? Before I started counting my Atkins calories, I was eating WAY low (like 1,000 cal/day low). I know that's not a good idea for my body, so I make sure I get 1300-1500 calories a day now. On the other hand, Atkins can be very high calorie if you let it be--and if you're eating too MANY calories, it could be stalling you. I've found it's really hard to eat too many calories on Atkins, though...so I'd check to see if you're eating too few :)

Fortunately the last "diet" i was on (for about 2 years) was a calorie counting one where i balanced my carbs/protiens/fats and i stayed between 1200-1800 calories a day depending on the physical activity i was doing that day. I've really trained my body in how much it NEEDS for any given day and I always eat when I'm hungry, so I'm still eating 1200-1800 on atkins (and i have to say eating 1800 cals on atkins is really hard unless i eat a LOT!!)

The thing is, my waist is smaller, and I can feel my clothes fitting slightly looser, but it's just the scale isnt moving. I'm thinking maybe my body is retaining water?? I will go on a quest today to drink LOADS of water!

MuffinPop
09-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Yahoooo!!! Finally, I'm seeing some action: 136.6lbs!

I don't know why I have such a hang up with this... If I don't lose any weight, I'm massively frustrated and depressed and then when I do finally lose something I'm just so elated! Hmmm, possibly a mental health problem??? LOL! I put way too much stock in the whole weight thing... I fully realize that, but for me, not losing is equal to having a really bad hair day or something... I end up thinking that I look terrible and that everyone can see it... Of course they can't tell if I lost a pound or not, but it makes a huge difference in my confidence levels...
Ahh, well. Enough analyzing... Its definitely a nice way to start the weekend though :)

MuffinPop
09-28-2007, 11:34 AM
P.S. Last night I did the stationary bike - 40 mins, calesthetics - 20 mins

krawhitham
09-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Well, at our weight Muffin we aren't supposed to lose every day - we are so close to our ideal weights that our weight will be slowing down and plateauing soon.

I know, ya don't want to think about it. Its the most frustrating part of weight loss but I am making myself aware that I WILL plateau around 125-127 and be super frustrated, just preparing myself for that frustration!!

Today I weighed in at 136, (down 1.5!) so focusing on drinking all that water yesterday worked, and apparently eating dinner at 11:30pm worked too...hahaha!

I still have my period though, which I'm going to take as a GOOD sign for now.

MuffinPop
09-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Wow... You actually still lose when you're on your monthly?? I wish! Jeez, I increase my weight by at least 3lbs and it won't move for about a week... Then I wake up one day and its dropped by 3lbs and I'm back on track again... I lose about a week a month of being able to actually lose weight (the poopy part is that I still have to behave myself if I want to not be up even after my monthly is over).
So ya, the life of a dieter seems to be a frustrating one, but I can say that most of the women I know say they would love to be my size and here I'm complaining that I can't be smaller... so I really should just be satisfied that I don't have 100lbs to lose as opposed to 10lbs. :)

MuffinPop
09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Mmmmkay... I've weighed myself, 136.8lbs... not a big difference, and I didn't work out last night. Will try for an hour today. Have a good weekend y'all :)

krawhitham
09-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Wow... You actually still lose when you're on your monthly?? I wish! Jeez, I increase my weight by at least 3lbs and it won't move for about a week... Then I wake up one day and its dropped by 3lbs and I'm back on track again... I lose about a week a month of being able to actually lose weight (the poopy part is that I still have to behave myself if I want to not be up even after my monthly is over).

Haha well i'm not sure if you read my post about Atkins and my period, but I have had my period for a full 2 weeks now and the real one is due in 3 days or so.... So i'm not OFFICIALLY on my monthly, but I have been because of the low carb diet I started 3 weeks ago. This is a symptom of low carbing common of women who have problems with high blood sugar and insulin resistence and other hormone imbalance problems.

MuffinPop
09-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Haha well i'm not sure if you read my post about Atkins and my period, but I have had my period for a full 2 weeks now and the real one is due in 3 days or so.... So i'm not OFFICIALLY on my monthly, but I have been because of the low carb diet I started 3 weeks ago. This is a symptom of low carbing common of women who have problems with high blood sugar and insulin resistence and other hormone imbalance problems.

Oh my goodness!! I can't imagine having my period for that long!! You poor thing! What is Insulin Resistance? I've heard the term before, but I'm not certain what it means. I guess I'm pretty lucky then, mine is like clockwork and I know exactly when its coming and then leaving.

So, I weighed myself this morning and I was 136.0lbs and I worked out again for an hours yesterday... so that was good... but then the bad news: I blew it, I ate chips, fajitas, chocolate, slushy, etc. This is my problem. I can be soo good during the week, but I barely make it through most of my weekend and then I blow it... and when I blow it, I reeeeaaally blow it. I think I have a bit of a binging issue... sucky! So I fully expect when I get on the scale tomorrow that I will be up, by a minimum of 5lbs (I alway retain a ton of water after eating bad). I'm going to put in a minimum of 6 hours of exercise this week and keep the water intake up. That's the goal this week. I hope the weekend went well for you!!

krawhitham
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Oh my goodness!! I can't imagine having my period for that long!! You poor thing! What is Insulin Resistance? I've heard the term before, but I'm not certain what it means. I guess I'm pretty lucky then, mine is like clockwork and I know exactly when its coming and then leaving.

So, I weighed myself this morning and I was 136.0lbs and I worked out again for an hours yesterday... so that was good... but then the bad news: I blew it, I ate chips, fajitas, chocolate, slushy, etc. This is my problem. I can be soo good during the week, but I barely make it through most of my weekend and then I blow it... and when I blow it, I reeeeaaally blow it. I think I have a bit of a binging issue... sucky! So I fully expect when I get on the scale tomorrow that I will be up, by a minimum of 5lbs (I alway retain a ton of water after eating bad). I'm going to put in a minimum of 6 hours of exercise this week and keep the water intake up. That's the goal this week. I hope the weekend went well for you!!

aww i REALLY hope your carb-eating doesnt sabotage you too much :( We are tied! I am still at 136 as well.... altho when I started this diet i was at 135, so I dont know whats up with that 1lb. haha.

About insulin resistance, I dont know a whole lot about it, just that my fasting blood sugar (the amount of sugar in my blood after not eating for 12 hours) was waaaaay to high to be healthy before I started trying to lose weight (it is the reason i started trying to lose weight) when your blood sugar is above normal that means your body isnt utilizing the hormone insulin which is what carries sugar out of the blood and around your body!

So basically, since my insulin was out of wack before i started dieting, the atkins diet by taking out sugars and carbs is finally balancing it and i am going back to normal!!! but when insulin is out of whack so is estrogen and other hormones made by your body, so now that my insulin is going back to normal - so is my estrogen!

I dont really mind having a period for this long because I have no PMS symptoms....just gotta keep an eye on my tampon stash and make sure i dont run out! haha

I hope you have a good week, dont let your recent binge bring you down -- you can do it!! we both can :) I'm hoping once I stop bleeding in about a month or so my actual weight will drop too haha... *crosses fingers*

my boyfriend is having great success with atkins - he dropped 6lbs within his first week, and this week he dropped 4! He is ALMOST below 200lbs, which he hasn't been since high school, i am so proud of him!!

krawhitham
10-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Muffin! I'm down to 135 again and my period has stopped (for now) .....so maybe that means in the past two weeks I really havent lost any weight. That would be pretty insane.

Has anyone ever heard of someone going by the book and just having it not work for them? hmmmm... I thought I'd see at least a 1-2 lb loss in the first two weeks!

I'm still gonna stick it out...induction until I get to 125! :)

MuffinPop
10-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Muffin! I'm down to 135 again and my period has stopped (for now) .....so maybe that means in the past two weeks I really havent lost any weight. That would be pretty insane.

Has anyone ever heard of someone going by the book and just having it not work for them? hmmmm... I thought I'd see at least a 1-2 lb loss in the first two weeks!

I'm still gonna stick it out...induction until I get to 125! :)

Krawhitham, I know exactly what you mean, with not losing anything. I weighed myself this morning and sure enough, I was 140lbs on the nose. I did it to myself so I have no one to blame, but I know I'm going to work hard and get this OFF!! Once and for all!! Tons of water today!!

As for not losing anything, I know for myself that if I have too much salt in anything, I bloat up like a mofo! The other thing that happens to me is if I restart induction, I totally don't use the bathroom anywhere near as much as I should. This can totally contribute to not showing a decrease in weight. Have you notice either of these things? The other thing I thought of (which I think I'm experiencing as well) is that I heard if you start working out after not having done so for a while, that your muscles hold onto a lot of water (due to swelling or something). Plus, like you said, at this weight we pretty much have to kill ourselves to show even a pound of weight loss... soo frustrating I know! Hang in there, I know you'll see it soon! :cheer:

MuffinPop
10-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Ok, we're day 2 into the week and I've weighed in at 138lbs... Did an hour of exercise last night:

40 mins stationary bike
20 mins leg calesthetics

Yay me!!!:D

beach bum
10-02-2007, 02:59 PM
I weigh in every day, but I total them up for a average week by 7 and than at the end of the month the total of 4 weeks is added and than divided by 4
to get a average total for the month.

I don't let the daily totals worry me,because your going to fluctuate day by day. Only the weekly average W-I makes more sense to me.

Hugs :) BB

krawhitham
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I weigh in every day, but I total them up for a average week by 7 and than at the end of the month the total of 4 weeks is added and than divided by 4
to get a average total for the month.

I don't let the daily totals worry me,because your going to fluctuate day by day. Only the weekly average W-I makes more sense to me.

Hugs :) BB

BB, I like your way of doin things! thats actually a really good idea....because day to day i can fluctuate up to 6lbs!!!! It would also throw off my weekly average!

MuffinPop
10-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I totally agree!! Thats an awesome way to look at it. I would have to look back through my posts to figure out my average.

Yup, ok I'm at 138.2lbs. However, I've gotten a couple of comments about how baggy my jeans are getting in the rear, as well as, I can look at my face and see that its slimming down, YAHOO!! So, its a downer that the scale won't move, but at least I can tell the bod is a'changing:woohoo:

Worked out for 1 hour last night:

40 mins Bike
20 mins chest and arms.

MuffinPop
10-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Nothing too exciting to report:

138lbs

40 mins cardio
20 mins butt

MuffinPop
10-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Heehee, looks like I'm doin this solo...

137.6 lbs

No workout last night...

krawhitham
10-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah I'm not weighing at all for the next 7 days or so because I just got my real period last night - and that messes up everything!!

Once it is gone, I will put in my official weight!! I promise.

I haven't lost any weight in the last 3 weeks anyway so I dunno... I've always thought I had a thyroid problem. I dunno....:(

Lets just hope after it's gone I drop 2lbs!! 133, I wanna see 133. haha...

MuffinPop
10-05-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey, glad to hear from you! I was getting a little lonely lol! Ok, so I'm on a new thing now... I've been doing the atkins & exercise for so long now and nothings happening... but then I found this article this morning:

http://www.inch-aweigh.com/water.html

and it has helped me to see what I'm maybe doing wrong. I'm not the biggest water person (coffee and diet pop is, unfortunately, what I tend to reach for first), so I've gotten one of those water bottles from Walmart that is the exact amount of water one should be consuming in a day and I'm going to take it with me everywhere! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if I'm a good girl :angel:this weekend and I consume a ton of water, that by Monday I'm going to see a difference :)

krawhitham
10-05-2007, 04:19 PM
That's a great article... I drink at least 9 cups of water a day, and I always have my whole life. I'm not really a coffee/diet soda person. I never have been. In the last couple of years I might have like 3 coffees a week or something, or 1 diet soda on the weekend, but they arent staples to my diet.

The way I drink my water is I bought a HUGE red cup (i think you can get them at target or wal mart) The cup is actually 3-cups (24 fluid ounces) and i fill it up 3 times a day and drink. One is with my breakfast, one during work and one after work or at dinner. I also keep it filled next to my bed when I'm sleeping because I wake up in the middle of the night sometimes and feel like drinking something.

But yeah....the article is right, drink up the water and stay hydrated because if not you wont lose weight. Dehydration is detrimental to your body's metabolism and many people dont even realize that their body is dehydrated!!!

My gage is when my pee is yellow I know I haven't been drinking enough water!! It should be clear, or a very, very VERY light yellow.

MuffinPop
10-06-2007, 11:52 AM
This is true... I drank all my water yesterday and I'm down this morning! I'm 136.8lbs and I didn't work out at all yesterday. I'm just going to stick with it and see what the scale says after the weekend :)

krawhitham
10-06-2007, 02:17 PM
So...I fit into my size 2 Mossimo jeans this morning (no, they are NOT a REAL size 2, they are a Target size 2 which means they're actually like a size 8)

But those are the smallest jeans ive EVER fit into, so I think i'm losing. I hopped on the scale and Im still 135.5... Weird.

But I promised myself I wouldn't weigh til my period was over....so pretend this didn't happen :oP

MuffinPop
10-07-2007, 12:15 AM
Hahaha!! You're so funny! I know what you mean... I'm wearing a size 8 AE jeans and they're bagging off my butt now, whereas I used to have muffin-top wearing them... but I'm not even down in weight.

I have a feeling its the direct result of working out so much, but I wish, wish, wish that scale would just move down!!! I know its totally in my head but still bugs the crap out of me... :p

MuffinPop
10-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, I think I'm going to avoid weighing myself for the next few days... I've got my monthly visitor and it just depresses me to get on that scale and see those numbers... So I'll be back later!

krawhitham
10-09-2007, 11:30 PM
133.5 this morning, woohoo down 2lbs! but im sure it was all water weight and it was because i was just dehydrated....ah well.

MuffinPop
10-10-2007, 06:26 PM
Thats awesome!! This is very true about the dehydration bit... once I hit around 135lbs the only way I seem to lose anything after that is by dehydrating myself a little (lots of coffee and a little alcohol lol!) Not the healthiest way to lose but being female, I feel like I'm a camel sometimes... just carry soo much water always...

krawhitham
10-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Heya...I think I'm 134 but I'll have to check tomorrow morning to know for sure. I can't believe I've been on induction for 3 weeks and not lost a thing!

I REALLY cant do induction forever. I'm going to have to bump it up to at least 30g carbs so i can have a little dark chocolate and a beer (guinness is my fav!) once in a while. Maybe I'll stay on induction for 2 more weeks though...

My blood sugar is WAY down though, which is fantastic. Usually fasting Ive been around 110-120 but since i started Atkins I've been 80-87!!!! I can't believe the amazing difference! I really will never go back to eating oatmeal in the morning ever again.

I have a lot more energy, too, and I dont have to sleep as much! I can survive on 6-7 hours whereas I used to need 8-9!

Now just if that weight loss would kick in.... :)

krawhitham
10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
133.5 this morning, even after i drank a bunch of water! yay!!! i went down! and no more period :)

I might start exercising like 1-2 times a week :p

MuffinPop
10-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Awww, congratulations, thats awesome!! Sorry, I haven't really been around much lately... I'm going through a really crappy time at the moment... the BF and I are breaking up after living together for 2 1/2 years... Not fun at all. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I haven't really had much of an appetite at all :( So I'm sure I'm down some... just don't know what it is... Maybe I'll check tomorrow morning...

krawhitham
10-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Awww, congratulations, thats awesome!! Sorry, I haven't really been around much lately... I'm going through a really crappy time at the moment... the BF and I are breaking up after living together for 2 1/2 years... Not fun at all. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I haven't really had much of an appetite at all :( So I'm sure I'm down some... just don't know what it is... Maybe I'll check tomorrow morning...

I'm sorry. My boyfriend and I have lived together for over a year and we broke up last week, so I know how it is...I'm looking for new apartments now :(

Stay strong!!!

aud
10-22-2007, 04:03 PM
Hiya Daily Weighers!:hug:

Hope you'll come LC Chat in this weeks Thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125053