Old 09-25-2007, 05:34 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Daily CHat: Tues Sept 25

Good Morning!!!!
Yes--my cholesterol is all genetic..My sister and parents are on meds and that is why it is so important for me to watch it..It is just frustrating cuz I dont eat meat, fried foods, eggs etc --and watch everything else...I was so mad I wanted to go get a meat normous breakfast from Burger King.!!haha just kidding!!!

Sheila--We went to DIsneyworld..THe secret to saving money--go in Sept when all the meals are free...We paid nothing for our meals and even got snacks..It must be a low time for tourists to go..the other--I brought all K's "friends" in my backpack and when she wanted a new "donald or mickey" I whipped it out of my backpack and saved $15 /a pop for all that stuff...She really liked Buzz and Woody--so I brought all her Toy Story stuff and she was set....WE drive there--so it saves on flights..but it overall is expensive with kids---they charge for anything there...Happy Anniversary!!

Lauren--How is the new house?
Laurie--Hope things are better..what a hard situation to be in...

Kerri--Hope things have smoothed over with DH..I argued on vacation with mine cuz he was jealous that we had to do Buzz ride over and over and he wanted to go tour the countries in Epcot..I finally just told him to go alone cuz vacation I think is for the kids????crazy man!!!

Ok--late again..Hello to everyone!!!John, Rooster, Lisa, Karen, Beautiful dress Tamara, SlimP, Alicia, Lacaracola, GG and Mo!!!! And anyone I missed!!
Have a great day!!!I am out the door!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...well i got up out of bed and workout. Was very tired...but at least i did go for a walk. Tomorrow is my day off...and its been a long run of days so i'm ready for a day off

John - hugs to you. Here's my take...you are right MANY (not all) girls do exactly what you are saying..play games. However, not all do. i'm one of those...i hate playing games...but many girls out there feel like they have to. My suggestion to you..when that girl calls needing to be the shoulder to cry on...tell her..."look i'm sorry i really want to be here for you...but you have emotionally dragged me into your crap all the time and i've given so much to you and you have given nothing in return. I can't do this..i want more from you and everytime i'm the big teddy bear to lean on i become more and more attracted to you but you don't want anything from me...so i'm sorry but i can't". Maybe that's a witchy thing to say...but some girls need a good swift kick in the arse. Wpmen should not use their men friends to make themselves feel better (come running when they feel like crap). Honestly, you shouldn't be the shoulder to cry on but nothing else...you should stand up for yourself. And yes alot (once again not all) girls do go for the loosers...that always tend to hurt others. But not all of us do. So you as a guy need to not be the doormat anymore (sorry if that sounds rough). Take a stand for yourself. Don't let the girls use you for their "pick me up make me feel good about myself...yet when we're happy we'll forget you ever existed". Start standing up for yourself. You can be a great, nice, handsome and good guy...but you DONT have to be a doormat (which is what these girls are doing). Just put your foot down...cuz you know what john...they'll start having way more respect for you..and if you chase them away because you aren't always there for them...then fine...at least you don't get you heart broken. So for pete's sake...put you darn foot down with these stupid little girls and stand up for the awesome man that you are.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:39 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Road Runner: Thanks for the info. We would have to fly that is too far Wyoming to Florida. Now why do you not eat much protein?

GG; I totally agree with your reply to John!! Not all of us are made that way.

I need coffee check in later
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

GG- your right and I realize this. I had a date last night and the warning bells went off in my head again. which is why I posted cause on my way home I just thought back to every relationship I've had and its been the same pattern and it always ends up the same. Me having my fill and taking all thier stuff putting it in large bags and drop them off @ their work and saying have a nice life.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All!

Is it a good Tuesday? Hope so! Fall is in the air and that is enough to put me in a good mood.

BJ ~ As Napoleon Dynamite says: "Goooosssshhhhh." GG is so damn smart!! Excellent words of wisdom. Sad fact is that many women are attracted to losers because they don't believe that they deserve better. John, you can't change that about a person. Either they believe in themselves or they don't. People treat you how you let them. Don't let yourself be a doormat any longer. You deserve so much more. Sure do wish that I had a sister that I could send your way.

RR ~ excellent idea about bringing a backpack full of stuff. I used to do that when my kids were smaller. These days they're on to me;-).

GG ~ good for you for getting your workout in.

Sheila ~ hey there. I've been up since 5:30 but still haven't had my coffee yet... I'm starting to get irritable so a pot is brewing as I type.

Good news!! I am *finally* starting to see good results with my skin. I really hate taking this medicine but it's all worth it if it really does what it is supposed to do. The doctor told me that it would get worse before it got better but by the third month I'd be seeing results. Finally!!!!

Off to get my cup of java ~ hugs to everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #6  

good morning everyone!

well ive been MIA for a while...it seems like i am so extremely busy yet i cant really figure out what has changed..nothing is new...well, im here today!

i got a new job!...not sure if anyone remembers i was trying to get a new job (billing) at a birthing center....well, i thought it just wasnt going to work, turns out they had to get some things together but i got a call last week...i am so excited...i went in yesterday to observe and look at their systems they have to get work done (horrible organization, but i was told i would need to clean some things up)...so i have my work cut out for me but i am thrilled...i officially start on oct 8..i gave my notice at my current work...the dr's are not happy..the office manager is thrilled (her and i dont see eye to eye, cause i dont do anything illegal just to get money)....

well my boys are great...dominic is doing so well i cant even express how happy i am...and honestly as much as he was saying he didnt want to go there and he hated it....i have seen huge progress...its like he is laughing and smiling and acting like he used to...great to be around

i hope everyone is doing well...i need to catch up on everyone

have a great day..i miss you guys i will definately do everything i can to get here daily!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #7  
KAR

Morning,
Trying to have a better day today than yesterday. I got to school only to find out that my aide was sick and I had to have a sub for the day. I had a new sub and had to kind of guide her in the right direction. So needless to say I didn't get any thing extra done yesterday. Then I came home to having my bil at the house using the computer. So had to wait to get on there to put on my Avon order on. Then run over to my mil's to pay for my Oak Ridge Boys ticket. Going to see them in Nov. Then it was back home get ready for school today and then help my dh put up painter's tape in the kitchen. Then it was time for bed. I don't even remember laying my head on the pillow. Today is going so much better. My aide is back today and I don't feel that I have to babysit another adult. I have to go to TOPS tonight. I am hoping for a loss. But if not, I know that it is from the stress I am under at home and work. Enough about me.
RR I hear you about vacations. I which I could go in September to Disney. But I think my boss would frown upon me taking on a week just after school starts to go on vacation. That would be the way to go though. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and had a great idea about buying the friends before going so that it was cheaper for you.
GG that was great advice that you gave John. I couldn't have said better myself. Hope today at work goes well for you. Kudos on working out this morning.
Shelia, how are your kids this week? My kids are a little goofier than usually. I guess I can claim that full moon that is to occur tomorrow. Do you think that DH will agree to cousneling now that he has said that he misses his dad and is thinking a lot about him? I think that would help alot.
John hope you have a better day today. Sorry your past relationships haven't worked out. But that special someone is out there for you. I had to wait 29 years before I found my special someone. Even though we fight like crazy at times, I don't think I could give him up for the world. I know that it is not fun waiting for that special someone though.
Laurie hope that your week is going okay. I know that it must have been very rough giving up Sophie. But you did the right thing thinking about your family and how it would be pulled apart if she would have stayed. Is her foster mom childless? That would help with her bonding with the foster mom.
Alicia sorry that things are a little rough at home now. Hopefully your dh will get out of his funk and find a new job soon. Sorry you didn't get your alone time. Hopefully you can get it today.
Mo hope today goes better for you. Did you get a good night's sleep last night?
Hi to everyone else. Hope you all have a wonderful day! I hope to be able to check in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #8  
KAR

Joan glad that you are seeing results with your skin. I love the fall time too. I like hiking in the one state park near my house in the fall time. It is so pretty to see all the colored leaves.
Christina congrats on your new job! Hope everything works out well for you. Glad to hear that Dominic is doing well in his treatment. How much longer does he have to be there?
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

hi Christina wb

Kerry- sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday. hope you have a better day today
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Christina ~ congratulations! I remember your talking about this job and how much you wanted it. Hearing how well Dominic is doing is such GREAT news!! So happy for you:-).

Kerry ~ Oak Ridge Boys?! Wow, that is a name that I haven't heard in a long time. My sister used to have all of their albums. I loved that deep voiced bass:-):-):-). That will be something for you to look forward to in November.

Time to take my little type to gymnastics... later ~ Joan

BJ & Lauren ~ Hi ya' kids! Hope that you're both having a good day.

Alicia and Laurie ~ I've been thinking about both of you this week.... big hug being sent from St. Louis.

I know that there are many "Grey" fans here but does anyone love watching "The Office?" I love that show. Rooster, you seem like an "Office" kind of dude, huh?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning all im here just lurking everyday so last night i was gonna quit drinking and it was the hardest freaking night in my life you see i've been soooo stressed for a year straight i have been drinking every day i mean every day............... so last night i went for a mile walk (not much) but im just re-starting and i was ok for a while then i went and got a glass of wine I only had 2 sips which is huge for me since i could easily put down 4 glasses a night so a small step but still a step as for hubby (fingers crossed) he actully gets to basic training today so i can start counting down 9 weeks till i see him all the army wives say dont wait on a call it wont come so im just gonna assume for now
i cant wait to get base clearance then i have a gym i can use for FREE
Take care all and thanks for the support
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone!

Still having my earache this morning! I got antibiotics though but they are big as horse pills!

John
I can totally relate to the topic that you wrote about. I can tell you that I have been there, but maybe on the other side. When I was younger, I was involved with my daughters father who was a complete *** to me. I stayed and stayed thinking I could change him, make it better, blah blah blah while the whole time people were wondering what you wonder - why do you want to be with a guy who treats you like that? Comes down to two things - getting wiser with age and above all self - esteem...... I had none back then and it was the root of alot of my choices like to put up with that crap and probably pass up alot of good guys like yourself at that time!
It took a long time for me to see but I finally woke up. My honey now sounds alot like yourself. I met him when my daughter was 12 months old, thinking what guy is going to want to deal with all of this? He did.....! He is the sweetest, most mellow, most patient person I have ever met and seriously it was really confusing at first! LOL There were times I thought "OK lose your temper now! Get mad! Be a jerk!" And he never did...... he totally taught me to value and appreciate someone like him.
Long story short - it'll happen but as GG said DO NOT be a doormat. Maybe give her a wakeup call next time she needs you and ask her ..... "What is it that you don't love about yourself right now that makes you continously put yourself through what you go through? Set an example fro your children for what a serene, happy lifestyle should be like. You may not feel like you need that right now, but they do!"
This girl that you are talking about just doesn't sound ready to change HER life so please don't take it personal like it's about you - she is the one missing out. I can tell you this.... if I had met my honey THEN chose to go back to "the ***" after knowing what a great guy my honey is, I would only hope that he would've been strong and confident enough to tell me "Don't let the door hit ya in the ***!" Big hugs to you John

Hope everyone else is having a good Tuesday!
Congrats on the job Christina!
Hope things get better with the communication with hubby Sheila!
GG - one more day dear then ya get to sleep in!
Mo - only half the Corona? lol
Hanna - where are ya?
Joan - awesome new about the skin getting better! Yeah!
Hi Kerry, Lauren, Lisa, Blue, Alicia, RR, everyone!!!!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:49 PM   #14  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Just flying by.

In a not-so-great mood. (It always rains in my world. ) Hope to post more later.

to everyone out there - I won't even attempt to name everyone!

:Lawrence
Rooster Prime
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #15  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Good Morning all - I have been MIA most of this week - been a bit down.

Im sooooo upset right now. I got a call from the clinic that hired me today - saying that I was supposed to start today. Something got screwed up. My start day is tomorrow. It is funny cause i know how it got screwed up by the conversation I had when i got the call that i was hired.

The day I was called was Tuesday the 18th and the HR manager said "OK, let's start you on Wednesday the 19th at 8:30" and then she went on to explain the process I was going to go though. When she finished I asked her "Ok - Wedensday the 19th - now is that in October 19th, or tommorrow" I asked because I just thought it odd - I have NEVER started the next day at a job, especially one where you are required to go buy a uniform. Then she said - "Oh what am I thinking! That IS tommorrow! No, lets start you the following Wednesday at 8:15" So she changed the time within the same coversation too. So I wrote it down on my calender right then and there. Anyway - She submitted my start date to be the 25th - Kind of my fault - i should have confirmed the actual date and not the day of the week. Anyway - so i am starting tomorrow. I am soooo upset and shaken up right now - I have never had anything like this happen and I am worried it makes me look bad. I just apologized and said Im not sure how I could have gotten it wrong and that I wrote it down while I spoke with HR manager and must have heard her wrong.

Im also up a couple pounds. I'm at 138 - how the heck??? Ok the 140 at my height is supposed to be considered obese - Im a little worried. I have been though everything talked to a trainer - my calories are ok - the amount of exercixe Im doing is good - I should be losing and I am gaining.

Well with the new job - I will be on my feet/ walking about 7 of my 8 hours a day. If my weight does not go down with that - im sure that something s wrong.

John - seems as though you are going through some stuff with a lady friend - I like everyone else agree with GG. Do not let anyone take adavantage of you - and walk all over you. You are better than that - and deserve more. You are a great guy and you deserve the best - do not settle.

Everyone else - hope everyone has a great day - mine is already shot - not sure Im going to be able to get over this mix up in days - I wanna crawl back in bed (even though I wont) I hope this does not put a cloud over me when I go in tomorrow. Ugghhh - I feel qweezy and I want to cry, and i know it is my nerves.

Last edited by Blueyedblond; 09-25-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote