LA Weight Loss - Favorite Frozen Dinners!

View Full Version : Favorite Frozen Dinners!

ooodsie
09-24-2007, 04:58 PM
I wanted to start a thread about frozen dinners.. They are SO hit or miss. Also as far as the sodium content goes, I notice it fluctuates a lot from one to the other as well. Post your favorite frozen dinners, things that taste good, have a good variety of nutrients, and hopefully those that are lower in sodium and more healthy so that we can eat them and not feel guilty!!

Mine are..
Kashi (I know I know I am obsessed with everything kashi) Pesto Pasta Primavera

Lean Cuisine Mac & Cheese (I add put it in a pot and add fresh tomatos, a dash of tabasco sauce, a dash of milk, and garlic to it so that it becomes my own mac and cheese)

I really dislike the lean cuisine paninis.. the concept is so good, but they are SOOOOO salty.. so are the lean pockets. Its like eating a salt lick that my rabbit uses. UGH!

So .. Any suggestions from others out there!?

KSingleton
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
The Healthy Choice Steamers are great! I've found 3 or 4 of them that meet the LAWL guidelines. I especially love the Creamy Dill Salmon.

amylou7777
09-24-2007, 05:42 PM
The only frozen dinner I ever buy is Lean Cusine Lasagna with Meat Sauce. I have no idea how much sodium is in there. I usually only have about 2 a month but it is pretty yummy! I would love to try the Kashi ones as well.

I am in agreement about the Panninis-yucky!

whatazoo
09-24-2007, 06:00 PM
I am pretty anal about things, and since I didn't want to stand at the grocery store with my book and look at each one I got online and made a list of all of the Lean Cuisine's and Healthy Choice that fit the LAWL standards. Most that I have tried I've liked so far. I don't eat them very often, just when I'm feeling lazy for lunch at work.

Suzanne 3FC
09-24-2007, 06:42 PM
I recently discovered Seeds of Change frozen dinners (http://www.seedsofchangefoods.com/our_foods/category.aspx?id=frozen_entrees)and am very impressed :) They are all organic and low calorie, high quality, and very delicious. Unfortunately, they are also hard to find.

Grace's Kitchen (http://www.graceskitchen.com/) also offers fantastic foods, though you have to check the labels to make sure the calories fit in with your plan. Some are a little high. They are also expensive, but the food is restaurant quality.

amylou7777
09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
I've heard of Grace's and heard they are really good for you! We will have to see if they fit with LAWL.

adventuregirl
09-24-2007, 08:12 PM
My LAWL center advises that you only eat 2-3 frozen meals a week, everyother day at least. The sodium is really high.

Suzanne 3FC
09-24-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh my! When I replied, I didn't notice that I was in the LAWL forum. I have no clue if the brands I listed will fit in with your plan. Sorry! :o

ooodsie
09-24-2007, 11:04 PM
oh wow the graces look AMAZING.. ive never seen them before so im going to do some research and find out where i can buy them and try them. i am doing a slightly modified version of LAWL so they definitely fit into my plan. thanks for the suggestion! i also found the kashi sesame chicken tonight, and noticed it was about half the sodium as most frozen meals, only 360 grams, yay!