LA Weight Loss - Cooking Light Cookbooks

View Full Version : Cooking Light Cookbooks

MetalChic
09-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Does anyone have or has anyone ever used the Cooking Light Cookbooks?

I was wondering if the recipes were good and if they include nutritional information for the recipe.

I was thinking of buying some, but I wasn't sure. It's hard to shop for things online that you can't flip through, touch, etc...

:dizzy:

Thanks!

gina1221
09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
I have several of the Cooking Light cookbooks (probably 6 or more plus the magazine subscription) and all of them have the nutritional information (as do the recipes in their magazines). All of their recipes that I have tried (many) have been great. I highly recommend 5 Ingredients 15 Minutes cookbook (if you can find it). The recipes are delicious and simple which I definitely need during the week.

Hope this helps. :D

Cookie_Monster
09-24-2007, 04:38 PM
I also highly recommend the Cooking Light 5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook. The recipes are great, filling portions. It lists all the Nutrition info and even has a grocery list down the page of each recipe to make it even easier. I cook from mine at least 2 to 3 times a week.

Brendansmum
09-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Try your local library. I have checked out every one that mine has. They are great, have good recipes and all the nutritional info is included.

Suzanne 3FC
09-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Cooking Light recipes are fantastic! You can get thousands of their recipes on their website, if you want a good sampling or to see if they can fit into your plan.

MetalChic
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
I've looked at the Web site; and when I do a search, I get so many results I get frustrated and quit looking. I'm also a visual person, and a lot of the recipes on there don't have pictures. Any suggestions to find good recipes on there?

I didn't even think about the library! :dizzy:

I appreciate all of the comments. I think I'll buy some of them!

Thanks! :hug:

KSingleton
09-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I would like to try some of the cookbooks too, but how do you convert the recipes into LAWL exchanges?

MetalChic
10-02-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm not sure. I guess you would have to figure them out for each one.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Lynx
10-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I took 8 of the Cooking Light 5 ingredient -15 minute recipes that I found to be the closest to LAWL to my Center and asked them to provide the exchanges. I will post the recipes and the exchanges when I get the recipes back.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

MetalChic
10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I took 8 of the Cooking Light 5 ingredient -15 minute recipes that I found to be the closest to LAWL to my Center and asked them to provide the exchanges. I will post the recipes and the exchanges when I get the recipes back.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

Thanks! I can't wait...

NJGIRLinVA
10-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I love the Cooking light cookbooks. I have a whole bunch of them. They usually sell them at Costco very cheap.

LindaWlek
10-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I LOVE Cooking Light - I subscribe to the magazine and devour it every month and then also buy the Recipe Annual that they put out every year, so that I don't have to hang onto the individucal magazines. I have never made a bad recipe from Cooking Light - they are very well tested! Their website is great too!

MetalChic
10-24-2007, 10:04 AM
I LOVE Cooking Light - I subscribe to the magazine and devour it every month and then also buy the Recipe Annual that they put out every year, so that I don't have to hang onto the individual magazines. I have never made a bad recipe from Cooking Light - they are very well tested! Their website is great too!

Are the recipes on their Web site the ones in the magazines or different ones?

AvidKayaker
10-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I am also a devotee of Cooking Light Magazine and like LindaWlek I have purchased the cookbooks so I don't have to keep the magazines (seems to me that they're the same from the magazine to the cookbook - so I have paid for the magazine subscription and then the cookbook too!). The magazines repeatedly have great recipes and quite a variety each month. The first year I ordered the cookbook (from oxmoorhouse) I received an 'introductory offer' and it was one price, then the next year they automatically sent me the book at a much higher price. If you purchase the cookbook please make sure you get it from a source that will not automatically enroll you for an annual book unless you want that. Also, if you want to try the magazine you can get two months free
https://subs.timeinc.net/CK/ck_newbizbm.jhtml?experience_id=168071&source_id=68&_requestid=263983&_requestid=263983 but be sure to write cancel on the bill unless you want to purchase a subscription.
I have found the website has many of the same recipes but not sure how long they have them online and when I find a favorite recipe I want to be sure I can get to it! I highly recommend Cooking Light Cookbooks and the Magazine too. Bon Appetit!

MetalChic
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the information, everyone!

Lynx
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Lisa and everyone else -
If I find a recipe online, I copy it to a WORD document and save it in my recipe folder. I have a separate folder for LAWL recipes. I am relying less and less on hard cover cookbooks and more and more on my own recipe folder. If I have a recipe that I use a lot I print it out and put it in a binder. I guess, for me, I have found that even if I like a cookbook, I hesitate to purchase it because I just use such a small percentage of recipes in it that the cost is not worth it to me.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

AvidKayaker
10-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Great idea, that makes a lot of sense. Once I compute the exchanges and fiber content it's right there for me, like my own little LAWL cookbook (I do have a cookbook from the COD - but this one would be customized just to my tastes). Thanks Lynn -- now I just have to remember to back up my recipes on a flash drive! :dizzy: Oh, and we could put our favorite recipes in plastic sleeves in the binder so they'll stay free of spills.

Lynx
10-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes, Lisa - I forgot to add that I put the recipes I really like and use alot in a plastic sleeve in the binder.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.

Lynx
10-31-2007, 08:30 AM
I am sorry to say that my COD came back and said that they would not look at the recipes to figure out the exchanges. They also said that they did not have time to do that for everyone and that is why there is a LAWL cookbook.

week 43
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 52.5 lbs.

AvidKayaker
10-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Thanks for trying Lynn...I bet they have time to sell you the cookbook!