Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies, #29

View Full Version : Home of the Loozing Floozies, #29

4myloves
09-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Here at McSkinneys, our mission is to motivate, support and lose those pounds & inches. We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas. We would love to have you!!

4myloves
09-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Well, as you all know, I had a dr's appt. on Friday. He has moved my due date again!! First it was March 11, then March 08, now it's March 03!!!! If he keeps this up I am DEFINATELY having my baby on February 29th--just because I CAN!!!!

SuzyMc
09-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Don't pay too much attention to the due date Cheryl...babies rarely look at the calendar. ;) SO...did the ultrasound show anything else???

4myloves
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Why, Suzy, what on earth do you mean? Was there supposed to be something else?

alinnell
09-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Cheryl~my mother-in-law was born on Feb 29th. We'll be celebrating her "sweet 16" in 2008! And, although my doctor wasn't sure about the date on my DS, I was. I KNEW he'd be born on Christmas. So sure I was, that I told DD (who was 4) that Santa would bring her a baby for Christmas. I got her a doll (just in case) but sure enough--he was born 11:32 PM on Christmas.

SuzyMc
09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
Ah...I see how it is now! :lol: I'm guessing from the baby blue font color that the Floozie Aunties need to start knitting blue booties! Am I right???

4myloves
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
:goodvibes: :yes: :)

SuzyMc
09-24-2007, 04:39 PM
As the mother of two boys, I can honestly say...that's wonderful!

4myloves
09-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Even with the peeing up in the air thing?

4myloves
09-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Oh, and the doctor said he's gonna be a BIG boy! He already weighs 6 oz. according to the ultrasound measurements.

Deelite
09-24-2007, 05:36 PM
Congratulations Cheryl. Awww a bouncing baby boy. I think that is great news, he will be the protector of many children to come! Sounds like he is a healthy one.

We had a wonderful Pink weekend. ;) The weather was very summery and we spent many hours outdoors.

Tonights the big night girls. Gonna see Paul. I am looking forward to it. It is a perfect way to finish off a wonderful weekend.

On another note today I did body sculpt which is a weight class. It is the first time I have been back since I hurt my back over two weeks ago. I went light on the weights but am not feeling any more pain than usual yet. I will know by tonight or tomorrow morning.

alinnell
09-24-2007, 05:48 PM
Cheryl, although I never had any, you can buy little cloth pee-pee tents for diaper changing time.
I can't get the link to post--google "pee pee tee pee tents"

Lynneye
09-24-2007, 06:34 PM
How exciting a baby boy! With baby boys, you just have the next diaper right there, ready to go, before you take off the first one. You will get the hang of it really quick!!

Things here are nuts as usual! My mother in law, gave us an antique bar, which I am cleaning and repairing. It is over a 100 years off and has 100 years of dirt, grime, cigarette smoke, grease and who knows what else on it. It is very ornate, has a knight and swords and shields carved in the wood. So this is a time consuming project. I have my Murphy's Oil Soap and toothbrushes! So if I am not around, I am busy restoring this thing! It is five feet tall, three feet wide and two and a half feet deep, so it is huge.

coles
09-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Debbi- Sounds like quite a project - it will be lovely when you are done and will be worth all the time you spend restoring it.
Cheryl - Now you are going to have to start thinking of baby boy names - or have you already decided that? Congrats!
Dee - hope you enjoyed Paul. Take it slow with the weights, don't hurt yourself.
Hello to everyone else out there lurking in Floozie land!

gdeann
09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
I'm doing a happy dance! We are going to have a baby on board soon! Congratulations Cheryl!!!! Check out my ticker: made with love, just for you!!

gdeann
09-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Deb, the bar will be gorgeous when your finished! Post a pic when completed so we can see it.

Dee, the class sounds fun. Did you have a good time with Paul the other night?

Gotta go! Will post more later!

4myloves
09-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Awwwww, Gayle!!!!!

Thank you for sharing my waiting!!! I love your ticker!!!

gdeann
09-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Janice mentioned names: Is little Stew a possibility?? :D

Deelite
09-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Debbi your bar sounds like about the same dimensions I was when I was pregnant....lol It will be beautiful when you are done. It must be quite unique, was it common in it's day?

Cheryl on yes baby boy names......that should be fun.

Gayle I really like the weight class. It tones you from head to toe. Since I started that class last fall I can really see my muscles are toned and sculpted. I like the new look. I have never had muscles before except huge ones in my legs!

Last night was amazing! I have never been to a concert that I enjoyed more than Paul Anka. We have seen dozens of concerts over the years because we use to get in free because Larry's Dad worked at the arena.
What an entertainer. I am not the type of person to jump up sing and clap at concerts but I didn't think twice about it last night. I think I am in love......;-)
I would definitely go and see him again. For those of you don't think you know him he sings
Having my baby (this one is for you Cheryl)
Put your head on my shoulder
Diana
Papa
Do I love you
My Way
and many many more. He composed over 900 songs. I am sure that you youngens have heard a few of these songs.

Well enough dribbling here I got to go get a towel.

ShelleyM
09-26-2007, 06:39 AM
Congratulations, Cheryl! Now we have to start on names....

Sad news here. The brother of one of our previous students was killed in an accident. He was 17 years old, an IB student and wanted to be an attorney. Also, one of Becky's sorority sisters came down with bacterial meningitis and died within 2 days. Life is so short. You just never know when it will end. I say, enjoy that piece of chocolate if you want it. Here I am so worried about money and other things that are so trivial compared to what others are going through...

Sorry to be so morbid today. It's just so sad....

Deelite
09-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Shelley I am sorry to hear such sad news. They were just kids with life just beginning. We will never understand what God's plan is.

gdeann
09-26-2007, 10:10 AM
Shelley, prayers sent to both of the families. So young to pass... we just never know Gods plan. Steve and I were just discussing death this morning. I remember being a kid and seeing my parents go through losing parents etc. and thinking my parents were old... now we are at the same age our parents were then and losing our parents, aunts, uncles etc. They say from the minute your born, you start dying. Morbid, huh? But I guess it is a fact of life. I have a funeral today of an aunt who passed. It is very sad, she lost my uncle several years ago and they never had children. She went her entire life working etc. to have a short graveside service and I bet just a handful of people are there. I am around death all the time now with the shop and I don't know if I will ever get to the point I accept it without questioning it at times. Hugs to Becky, this has to be hard on her.

coles
09-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Shelley - such sad news. It is hard to cope when young lives are lost in such tragic ways. Becky has had a lot of heartache in her young life.
Prayers to the families and for Becky too.

4myloves
09-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Shelley, HUGS to you and to Becky!!

coles
09-28-2007, 09:00 AM
Look at that little boy grow!

gdeann
09-28-2007, 09:23 AM
I wonder if Stew & Cheryl will let us name him, Janice??? :-)

4myloves
09-28-2007, 10:06 AM
I might take suggestions..... :)

gdeann
09-28-2007, 10:39 AM
"A" Baby Boy Names-- Adric, Alexei, Ari, Arlo, Asher, August, Avi

"B" Baby Boy Names-- Basil, Bjorn, Boaz, Boyd, Brock, Bryce, Byron

"C" Baby Boy Names-- Calvin, Cecil, Clark, Clay, Curtis, Cyril

"D" Baby Boy Names-- Dale, Damon, Darius, Dean, Dexter, Dorian, Drake, Duncan, Dustin

"E" Baby Boy Names-- Elias, Elliott, Emilio, Emmanuel, Ezra

"F" Baby Boy Names-- Finn, Forrest, Franklin, Frederick

"G" Baby Boy Names--Gage, Gareth, Giles, Gordon, Grant, Grayson, Griffin

"H" Baby Boy Names-- Hal, Hiram, Hugh

"I" Baby Boy Names-- Ira, Isadore, Ivan

"J" Baby Boy Names-- Jaret, Jasper, Jerome, Jonah, Jules

"K" Baby Boy Names-- Kai, Karsten, Keegan, Kent, Kieran, Kirby

"L" Baby Boy Names-- Lance, Lane, Lee, Leo, Lyle

"M" Baby Boy Names-- Malcolm, Marco, Marius, Marlo, Micah, Miles

"N" Baby Boy Names-- Nehemiah, Nevin, Nicolai, Nigel, Niles, Noam, Nolan

"O" Baby Boy Names-- Oliver, Otto

"P" Baby Boy Names-- Percy, Perry, Pierce

"Q" Baby Boy Names-- Quentin, Quincy, Quinn

"R" Baby Boy Names-- Reginald, Reece, Raoul, Ross, Rudy, Rupert, Russell

"S" Baby Boy Names-- Stew, Saul, Sherman, Shelby, Silas, Stuart

"T" Baby Boy Names-- Theodore, Tobias, Toby, Trey, Troy

"U" Baby Boy Names-- Uri

"V" Baby Boy Names-- Vaughn, Vince, Virgil

"W" Baby Boy Names-- Wade, Walter, Warren, Winston, Wyatt

"X" Baby Boy Names-- Xander, Xavier

"Z" Baby Boy Names-- Zane, Zebediah, Zeke

You still like me Cheryl???? LOL!

gdeann
09-28-2007, 10:44 AM
ACTUALLY, when I was PG, I wanted the name Gunner or Elias if I had a boy. Steve would not go for it... I thought it would be so cool to have an Elizabeth and a Elias.

4myloves
09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Gayle, the name (I think) we have picked out is not on your list :)

SuzyMc
09-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Stewart Little? :lol:

4myloves
09-28-2007, 01:07 PM
:lol3:

gdeann
09-28-2007, 04:06 PM
GOOD ONE SUZY!!!! :mouse::joker::mouse:

I can just picture our young lad with a name like that: :book2:

:rofl: Ha, ha!!

Lynneye
09-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Shall we continue with the names?

Suzy, like Stewart Little!

Shelley, hugs to all.

How is everyone else doing? Going back to WW has really helped me, I am focused once again. I need that weekly weigh in to keep me going.

gdeann
09-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I went through some stored away clothes in the closet today....
I AM OFFICALLY A SIZE 12!!!!!!!!!!
Gayle doing the happy dance! Everything I tried on fit! I'm happy, happy happy to be rid of my 16-18's!!!!!
Tonight Steve & I are going out, hmmmmm...I might just wear my smart black pinstripe skirt with a lace top and jacket... watcha think??? wink, wink!!

Deelite
09-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Hot Mama where you and Steve going?
You are doing wonderful getting down from size 18 to 12. Yeah Gayle!

gdeann
09-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Out to our local pub with a few friends. One hasn't seen me since I dropped the past 17 pounds, curious to see if he says anything. I think I'm even going to splurge tonight and have a few Jack & diet coke. I REALLY want wine, but I'm afraid what will happen once I start in. As you all know, I do love my wine!!!

gdeann
09-29-2007, 04:13 PM
What size are you Dee? Probably a tiny size 2???

Lynneye
09-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Congrats Gayle!! That is great! Enjoy tonight!

ShelleyM
09-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Yay, Gayle!!

Deelite
09-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Gayle I am a size 5 but sometimes I can fit a 3 or a 1. It reality 20 years ago the size I am now would be a 7. They make the sizes bigger now so that we will feel good and buy more....lol

Hope you had fun.

Deelite
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Oh yeah I wanted to tell you about our dinner party club last night.

All 8 of us were there.

Linda made a wonderful spread.
We started off with crab stuffed mushrooms
Bagettes with a hot cheese and veggie dish.
French onion soup
Stuffed potatoes
Snow Peas and Carrots
Pork stuffed with wild rice and spinach
Home made cream puffs with chocolate and whip cream

This of course was accompanied with beer prior to dinner and many lovely wines.
Oh boy it is a good thing I had a walk in the afternoon.

coles
09-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Gayle - I am so proud of you. Whatever you're doing its sure working. You go girl. Keep sprinkling Will Power Dust my way. I have been on program for about three weeks now.
Suzy - you are toooo funny!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk042YYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxmk042YYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb113_ZNxmk042YYCA&utm_id=7921)

ShelleyM
10-01-2007, 06:16 AM
Dee-Isn't it the truth about sizes?

SuzyMc
10-01-2007, 09:02 AM
That is the truth about the sizes! I don't pay much attention to what the tag says...I have 12's, 10's and 8's in my closet and they all fit.

Deelite
10-03-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey is there anybody out there?????

alinnell
10-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Nope. We're all hiding!

I've had a really busy day and I was just checking in......

4myloves
10-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Please STOP!!!

A new thread has been started!!