General chatter - Dancing With The Stars!!

View Full Version : Dancing With The Stars!!

Jen415
09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
YAY!! This show starts tonight on ABC. Triple love it!!

My sentimental favorite this season is Marie Osmond. Most likely she won't win it all, but it will be fun to see her on it! And she has a great pro working with her (Jonathan). I mean heck, if he can make Heather Mills look good out there, he can do anything! :)

Who else watches?

anajjana
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
i've never really watched this show before, but i am in love with floyd mayweather and he is going to be on this season, so my dvr is already set to record!!!

Jen415
09-24-2007, 03:59 PM
He is a hottie, isn't he?!

C'mon, I know there are more folks out there that watch the show!!

NotTheCheat
09-24-2007, 04:35 PM
I haven't watched it before, but I loved "So You Think You Can Dance" so I am starting to watch this too. I think it would be really fun to learn how to ballroom dance at some point. It is great to watch a show that inspires me to get up and move!

Jen415
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I've been taking ballroom lessons for a few months now, and I LOVE IT!

I really enjoyed the show tonight! I was surprised by what I saw for the most part. I was so proud of Marie! She did an awesome job! And Jane Seymour was so graceful and elegant!! More proof that age is just a number.....

NotTheCheat
09-25-2007, 02:27 PM
I really enjoyed both Marie Osmond and Jane Seymour, but my favorite was Sabrina. I love that she is so beautiful and danced so well and she is not a size 2! What a great role model in regard to body size for younger girls.

I thought it was so funny that the super model, who so often we would assume would be in good shape because she is thin, was actually not at all fit. It really says a lot about how the two things just don't necessarily equate.

Stepping Out
09-25-2007, 03:31 PM
The ladies did surprisingly well for their first time :). The only exception was the SI model. I wonder if she might be the first voted off. I'll have to flip back and forth between The Biggest Loser to see the men. I'm really not familiar with most of the guys..except for Wayne Newton. Guess I'm showing my age. ;)

Quiet Ballerina
09-25-2007, 08:45 PM
I looooove the show! Started watching it this season (glanced at it from time to time in the past). My favorite out of the women are Sabrina (so adorable!) and Jennie Garth.

I'm also rooting for Jane Seymour and Marie Osmond. It's so hard! I won't be upset if the model gets booted off first, and I don't have any favs in the guys so far. Maybe the one that's on the soap opera. He's working so hard! (flying back and forth between new york and LA to do both the soap opera and dancing with the stars!)

K8-EEE
09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
I've never even seen this show and still rooting for anybody but Marie Osmond, she's been annoying me for 3 decades. Even before those creepy QVC dolls!

I heard Mark Cuban was going to be on it - now that I'll watch! Love him!

Jen415
09-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Acutally, Mark Cuban did fairly well last night! He scored in the middle of the pack of men. I think he may be safe for another week.

My guess is Josie will go tonight. I think she knows it too, based on the look on her face last night...

Quiet Ballerina
09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
I stopped watching last night at 8 cause I wanted to watch "House" instead.

I don't know if I'll see tonight's....cause I like "Kid Nation" more.

Pita09
09-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Wayne Newton has to go home. That poor man simply can't dance. :D

Jen415
09-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Well, as I have figured out it is not a DANCE competition as much as it is a popularity contest.

I won't post a spoiler by saying who was eliminated, but I will say it was who everyone expected.

shananigans
09-27-2007, 10:53 AM
That model chick was super lame, not sorry she's gone.

Wayne Newton is a much worse dancer than I would have guessed, it was like watching my dad at a wedding or something. :lol: But what he lacks in skills he makes up in charm I guess.

I missed Jane's performance this week becasue my cable box decided to "update" at that moment. :mad:

anajjana
09-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Wayne Newton has to go home. That poor man simply can't dance. :D

My thoughts exactly!!!

I love this show. I want to dance so bad but I can't find a class in my area. I would to have a personal trainer!!! The show makes me want to try harder to find one!!!

I didn't get to watch last night but it's recorded. I love Sabrina's dance!!! I think she did the best out of everyone! I love Floyd but he's got to learn to be more gentle! She's a lady not another boxer. I hope he gets it because I want him to go far. I really want Sabrina to win because she did such a great job!!

NotTheCheat
09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I wasn't at all surprised by who went home - I definitely thought it was the right choice. Of the guys I liked the driver (Helio?) and the model the best. I can't remember any of their names except for Wayne Newton. I am also surprised that he didn't do better - I would have thought he had more rhythm and swing.

LondonJulz
09-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I like this show too! I had to watch to see Wayne Newton! My dad used to be Wayne's road manager / backup singer - so it was good to see the old man again! But.....he can not dance!!!!!!!! I have to root for him though because I like his partner! I've rooted for the Cheryl team every year!!

As for the ladies, Jane Seymore was absolutely graceful! I think that the guys have an advantage because all the guys have to do is move a little and let their partners do all the shimmying.

K8-EEE
09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I've never seen this show but it seems really interesting. I love that kind of dancing. Funny but from the still pictures I would have guessed that Wayne Newton was klutzy and Jane Seymore super-graceful - it shows up even in photos.

I definitely relate more to poor Wayne dance-wise - I took a "West Coast Swing" class a few years ago and I was the BIGGEST klutz in that class. They only way I can even get through it is to count and look at my feet while dancing. Nobody ever mistook me for Ginger Rogers, that's for sure. It did give me a better appreciation of dancers though.

Hey you won't believe this but I took my mom to see Bobby Burgess (of Lawrence Welk fame) and his partner Elayne somebody -- they were GREAT! Good dancers and really good sense of humor in the show too.

Muffit
09-28-2007, 04:34 PM
I absolutley love the show, I've watched it for a few seasons, I do hope a woman wins this time around. I'm still in deliberation with myself on who I want to win. Maybe Sabrina has come to the show with a little more experience than what should be allowed...but she did tear up the floor!

Quiet Ballerina
09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
But Sabrina's skill is mostly in hip hop...so it'll be interesting to see if/when she has to do a slower dance. She's very talented, but she might not be as graceful when she can't mix in a little hip hop.

Jen415
10-02-2007, 10:06 AM
Last night's show was pretty impressive! Lots of good dances last night--and Marie and Jonathan were third on the leaderboard! Not bad for a 46 year old!!

Looks like Mark Cuban is in the most danger of going home. Wayne Newton was not good at all....but he'll end up staying because of his fanbase.

Jennie Garth's partner ended up sliding on her dress and ended up on his butt on the floor! They didn't mark them down for it either...hmmm.....

Quiet Ballerina
10-02-2007, 10:43 AM
poor Jennie looked so distraught about the mess up! It looked like she was trying not to cry the entire time the judges were talking.

I'm not a big fan of Mark Cuban (understatement, but I know some people on here are fans so I want to be polite...hahaha) so I won't mind at all when he goes home.

The driver guy (Helio?) did a really good job! I was impressed. It also reflects well on his partner for being a good teacher.

Jane Seymour looks waaaay too good to be 56. lol It's crazy how toned and in-shape she is.

Quiet Ballerina
10-02-2007, 10:54 PM
:( I'm sad about who went home tonight. Out of the two people that had the lowest scores, I would have rathered the other person leave. (Don't want to spoil it if others haven't seen it yet).

Jen415
10-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Yep, I agree.....but it proves to me that a big fanbase will keep you in the competition long after your ability will....

alinnell
10-03-2007, 02:29 PM
I heard a rumor that Jane Seymour had to drop out because her Mom died. It is very sad--she would have gone very far. Even my 16 yo DD was impressed with her! She really couldn't believe that she is 56!

My favorite is Helio.

Quiet Ballerina
10-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Jane's mom did pass away, but they said Jane will be staying in the contest and dedicating it to her mother.

She just couldn't be at the reveal last night.

Quiet Ballerina
10-09-2007, 12:00 AM
...is anyone still watching? No one seems to be posting.

Jen415
10-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Yep I'm still watching!!

Last night's show was pretty awesome! Seems like the bar keeps getting raised!!

BTW, a question: When did Marie get those HUGE boobs???

trekkiegirl
10-09-2007, 12:36 PM
I'm watching. I had never heard of half these stars before, including Helio, but he's my favorite now. :p His jive deserved higher than what he got from the judges. And I think they played a little loose with all the 27s last night.

I'm guessing Mark & Wayne in the bottom two tonight, with Mark going out.

EZMONEY
10-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Angie watches and we DVR it...that way she can pause it for me, so I can see Jullianne and Edyta, when they dance, AND still watch my ballgames down in the familyroom.

Jen415
10-09-2007, 10:51 PM
FINALLY!!! God heard my prayers and sent him HOME!!

Jen415
10-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Umm...well, since it has been two days since the results show, I reckon it's no secret that the guy I was talking about was WAYNE. Bless him, he's a great guy, but a crappy dancer.

anajjana
10-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Umm...well, since it has been two days since the results show, I reckon it's no secret that the guy I was talking about was WAYNE. Bless him, he's a great guy, but a crappy dancer.

so glad also!! that man just can not move!! i'm young so all i know about wayne newton is that they call him 'mr. las vegas' and that millions of women have thrown their panties at him but i've never really understood what it is exactly that he does, because from watching DWTS it's surely not dancing.:dizzy:

EZMONEY
10-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I had a hard time looking at him with his "work"....that new Kenny Rodgers look! OUCH!

Quiet Ballerina
10-12-2007, 02:44 PM
I was *so* excited. I thought for sure the other guy was going to be kicked off the show (I think he thought so too, by his expression) and i was thrilled that it was Wayne!!! I felt a little bad, but it is a dancing competition...and he can't dance.

I want Mark gone next.

Jen415
10-13-2007, 09:09 AM
The way Mark's fan base has been working overtime, I'm not sure that will happen anytime soon!

Quiet Ballerina
10-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I know....the radio DJ's on some station keep talking about it on the air trying to get people to vote for Mark.

today they were talking in a way that made it sound like Mark was trying to buy votes....having a contest of some sort and a lucky winner would get to go to some sports game with mark? I dont know. Wasn't listening close enough.

So proud of Sabrina for getting a perfect score! Although I didn't like her outfit.