Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #268

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #268

Jane
09-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement :grouphug: on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
09-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Good Monday morning, ladies, (or is that an oxymoron? lol)

Sassy and Mary Kate -

A big HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU BOTH!!!
:bday2you:

Sassy - hope you have a great day, and that you find your contacts. Or at least maybe some clear tape to tape the other ones. New glasses are so darn expensive!

Ellen - a big :welcome2: to you! I think you'll like it here. Maybe you can make a list of alternate things to do when you feel a binge coming on? But I know how it is - almost like someone else has taken over your body. I don't get like that very often, but once in awhile, I do. Usually under great stress. Coming here is a good distraction, lol.

Tammy - sounds like you had lots of fun over the weekend. The grasshopper story made me laugh out loud - what a great visual, lol. I'll be glad for next week when the new Bros. & Sis starts, won't you?

Mindee - glad to know Miss Priss is settling in nicely. It's always fun to have a pet.

Cristina - how was the wedding?

Jules & Mary Kate - we've missed each of you, and hope you post soon.

A big hello to Marti, Mindy, Sue, Pink Jane, Kathy, and anyone else reading this.

Two good things to report - Neal fixed my laptop. The screws on the bottom were very, very loose. So I guess it wasn't the game I installed afer all. The other thing is, I got a new iPod. It was going to cost $69.95 to redo the other one at the factory, so I bought a green Nano. It holds 1000 songs, but is only as big as a few credit cards stacked together.

Today I'm going to go over the list of stuff we're taking to Kentucky Lake, and start bagging what I can. The owner said there're condiments there, so that helps. I'm getting excited, especially since Molly gets to go. I'll try to pop back in later with the website link.

What's on your agenda for the day?

Marti
09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Just a quicky this morning...just got of the treadmill and now I need a shower!

Big :welcome2: to Ellen.....looking forward to getting to know you more..

Happy Birthday to MaryKate & Sassy! :bday2you: Go get spoiled ladies!!

I will try and catch up w/you all later tonight.

Have a good Monday!

Jane
09-24-2007, 01:37 PM
Here's a link to where we're staying at Kentucky Lake. It doesn't have photos of the master bedroom, but I'm betting it's pretty. Check out that pier! That's partly why reason we chose this house, but since they welcomed Molly, that was the #1 reason, lol.

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/28604.html

Mom2Gaby
09-24-2007, 01:42 PM
:bday2::celebrate:Happy Birthday to Sassy & Mary Kate!!

Wishing you both a wonderful day!!:celebrate::celebrate:

Kathy - Wanted to say hello! Been so long , hope all is well!:hug:

PinkSands
09-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

Nothing much goin on here today just waiting for the storms they keep saying are gonna hit this afternoon...I can safely say I would rather be in FLA then Iowa, good grief it's boring here LOL...Hubby is on his way from Wisconsin to Orlando, which is totally not fair LOL, he's feeling really bad about it too, NOT LOL...well I need to get some exercize done and hopefully find something to entertain me LOL have a Good Day All.

Jane - That's the Main Street Train Station as soon as I got done in the bag check line I snapped that pic, good to hear there was nothing major with your laptop, I really want to get an Ipod I never could get one before because Me wouldn't work with it. I hope you have a great time at the lake!

Sassy - Happy Birthday!!!

Mary Kate - Happy Birthday!!!

Pink Jane

here are some more pics of the decorations on Main Street

PinkSands
09-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Here are some pics of the parade at the Magic Kingdom

tommysgirl18
09-25-2007, 02:38 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just same stuff, different day!

Mary Kate & Sassy~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Jane~ Yup, she is settling in with no problems! She reminds me so much of our cat that we had before. In fact, I told Tommy that I think Miss Priss is a reincarnation of Joker.....except she is a Calico this time! That place is beautiful!!!

Marti~ How are you doing? Work keeping you busy?

PJ~ Those are some great shots!!! I have never seen WDW dolled up for Halloween....just Christmas! Either way....it is very beautiful down there!

Susan~ It is good to hear from you! How are things on your end?

Sassy_Chick
09-25-2007, 02:54 AM
Mary Kate -- I hope you had a Great Bday!!!!! :bday2you:

Just a quick pop in here to say THANK YOU to everybody for the bday wishes!!! Also a special thanks to Cristina, I received your card yesterday, Monday. lol.

I had a great day, hot :sunny: but great. It got up to 96 (F)!!!! :yikes: I think I lost 20 lbs from sweating! lol. We went out to dinner with friends and my friend gave me a really nice lotion and bath set, which is just what I love......;)

Then DH & I were going to go and see a movie, but at the last min. we decided to just come on home and get comfy and relax. Its nice just being able to go and do whatever we like, we are just going to take it day by day. :)

Well thats all for now,

Take Care!!!

Jane
09-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone,

PJ -I love the photos! Please post one with you in it, ok? 158 days, and I'll be there. :carrot:

Hello to everyone else. I'm busier than a one-armed paper hanger today, getting things ready for our trip. I've got a lot to do between now and tomorrow when we leave.

Have a good day, chickas!

ggmugsy
09-25-2007, 11:37 AM
Hey all!! So sorry I missed the birthdays yesterday!!

Happy belated Birthday Mary Kate & Sassy!!

Things in Idaho are great. I love the weather this time of year.

I added a My Favorite Recipe page to my blog as well as a picture of me and my husband if you are curious. The pic is on the About Mindy in Idaho page.

I used to quilt professionally and have been working on repairing some vintage quilts from the 1930's. It's tedious, but very satisfying. I am taking a project to Bayview, Idaho, today to visit a friend. Haven't exercised yet, but I will. I've done 4 days already this week!

Strong, healthy thoughts to all of you! I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday.

FrouFrou
09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Just a quick Hi :wave:

Sassy, you are welcome for the card...I tried to time it just right, lol. Kinda thought you would have gotten it saturday though, since I mailed it Thursday...that's the mail for ya.

HI KATHY! Good to see you posting!

:welcome: Mindy & Ellen!

Tammy, I have a front loader, Bosch...and I have the same trouble, with the washer anyway. I'm not happy with it but I am living with it. With mine though, the twisting isn't all the time, just sometimes. Especially when I do a lot of jeans. Seems that when I put too many clothes in that is when they tend to twist more for some reason. Oh well...the dryer I LOVE and don't have any troubles with it. The washer, ugh! For the most part though, it is fine. I think I would have died seeing all those grasshoppers, lol! I HATE any kind of bug!

Sue, thinking of you and your mom. :hug:

Hi to everyone else.

Anyway...will write more later. Not feeling so great...these darn allergies have hit me hard.

PinkSands
09-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

Bbbrrrrr it's cold!!! OMG it's 58 degrees and I am freezing LOL...nothing much going on again today...stopped at the store after I dropped the boy off at work, been raining off and on all day of course it was mostly on while I had to be out LOL...well have a Good Day All.

Jane - I had to look in the boys pics to find any with me in them LOL and I didn't find many, tried to upload but they were too big so I put them in photobucket hope this works, first pic is me in the blue on Main Street USA, We made it back down, At the top of the lighthouse, Me off to climb the lighthouse.

Cristina - Hope you feel better soon.

Pink Jane

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007Mike261.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007Mike261.jpg)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007Mike170.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007Mike170.jpg)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007Mike167.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007Mike167.jpg)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007Mike143.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007Mike143.jpg)

PinkSands
09-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Here's some more at the lighthouse:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007090.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007090.jpg)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007086.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007086.jpg)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007076.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007076.jpg)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007084.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007084.jpg)
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/th_WDW2007082.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc161/PJ4short/WDW2007082.jpg)

Mom2Gaby
09-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Mindee- That is sweet. I am fine, I sent you a PM giving the readers digest version on my happenings. btw- love your kitty avatar!

Mindy - Looked at your blog page, wonderful picture of you! Also, awsome on a 19 pound lasagna!! lol....sounds so good.....

Cristina - hope you are feeling better tonight! HUGS chickie!

night

tommysgirl18
09-26-2007, 12:27 AM
hello ladies....how is everyone?

nothing new on this end.....just enjoying some time on the computer while the kiddos are sleeping. my new avatar is from earlier today. Tommy took a couple pictures of me with the kids, but I had my bra showing and I had my eyes closed in them....so I went with one of Tommy and the kids.

Sassy~ That sounds like a nice relaxing birthday! What movie were you guys planning on seeing?

Jane~ I hope your trip is a great one! I can't wait to see any pictures that you might take!

Mindy~ That sounds like it is a lot of fun! I will have to check out your page in a second!

Cristina~ How are you feeling?

PJ~ I love the pictures! I love the view from the light house!

Susan~ It is great to see you around!

luckycharm
09-26-2007, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone

Just popping in really quickly to say hello.

Also just to let everyone know that my daughter will be having a baby in about a month, which makes me a grandma! Wow what a change it will be having a baby in the house again.

Chat later.

ggmugsy
09-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Hey everyone!!

I'm loving this site! There seem to be so much more support here than the WW site. I love reading the blogs, too. Thanks everyone for going in and taking a peek!!

I'm loving the fall weather. I know it will be snowy and icy soon so I'm trying to soak up as much sunshine as I can.

My step-daughter, Stephanie, and her family will be here Friday to spend the night. I can hardly wait. Her baby, Emily, is as cute as a button. Can hardly wait to breathe in that new baby smell!!

I've been thinking a lot about the size of my behind and I know a lot of my extra poundage is from too much wine. Does anybody else out there just love wine?? Any ideas for drinking less without feeling deprived??

Marti
09-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Good Morning!

Got my walk in this morning. I had missed it yesterday morning and walked last night.....so I'm doing pretty good getting the walking in.

Eating is really good too. Keeping portions to a serving size and making sure I don't over indulge. Trying to get back on track. It's almost been a year since I had started working out and eating better.........lost almost 20lbs then moved and it all came to a stand still!

So....nothing wrong w/starting over.

Got a call from Jane this morning. There is a storm brewing in her neck of the woods and is unable to get online. But she wanted to say hello before she left for vacation. So this is from Jane ----> :wave:
She'll post more when she comes home.

Better get going. But before I do:

How are you all doing on the exercise and eating department?? Are we gonna be feeling better by the time the holidays arrive??

Will post indi's next time around!

Have a good Wednesday.

Katiecat
09-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Good morning ladies! Thanks for all the b-day wishes, and thanks Jane and Cristina for the cards :hug:

Things have been sort of up and down around here. Went to Mendocino for the weekend before my birthday, which was fun :D Walked around town for a few hours, then when we came back to our car, there was a lovely dent in the front of it, and a note saying, "several of us saw the guy that hit your car -- we tried to wave him down but he just drove away, but here is his license number" :( I hope they find him, but if not, I'm a firm believer in karma, and if someone's conscience will let them hit another person's car and then drive away, it will come back to them. Car is still drivable, it's just cosmetic, and I won't file a claim on my own insurance and pay a $500 deductable for something that's just looks anyway.

The clincher is that I was rear-ended on the freeway on-ramp just a couple of weeks ago. Just minor damage on the outside, but now that the shop has the bumper off, they found damage to the absorber underneath. No major injuries, thank goodness, but my back is still sore and it's been a few weeks.

I am going to see my mom in Montana Sat - Wed. Was really hoping to convince her to move to a seniors' apartment, but doesn't look promising. I'm really worried about her these days -- she is 77 and really shouldn't be driving, especially in snow, and she forgets to pay her bills and stuff. She can't really keep the house up anymore, and it's really hard for her to get up and down the stairs to do laundry. I expect I will spend my time cleaning her refrigerator, kitchen, and bathroom, and trying to catch up her bills.

Susan, good to see you around! How are things in your neck of the woods?

Sassy, happy b-day to you too, hope it was a good one :bday2: Hey, I love that b-day smiley!

ggmugsy, my WW leader suggests mixing wine with club soda or diet 7up for spritzers. Or just pour into a small glass (like a champagne flute) and savor it slowly. Wine isn't forbidden, but you just need to factor in the points, if you are on WW, or just consider the calories in your daily total. And...at least it's fat free :hat: ;)

Marti -- not so good with the eating and exercise :( I haven't felt much like exercising since my back has been so sore from the accident, but I did a lot of walking and hiking on the beach last weekend, so I need to keep that up. And I've been eating the wrong things because I've been depressed :o I try to substitute better choices for my tried-and-true comfort foods. I found I really like Jello Cook and Serve Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding, a lot better than instant. I've tried it in both chocolate and vanilla (harder to find), and it's really good.

Gotta run, have a couple of appointments this afternoon. Hang in there, ladies!

:grouphug:
MK

ggmugsy
09-26-2007, 08:04 PM
Hey MK - Where in Montana will you be? Anywhere close to Idaho?? I live just off I-90 in Coeur d'Alene, if you are ever driving through!!

I've tried the spritzer thing and find I drink it even faster. (I think it's because it goes down even easier!) I drink red wine slower than white so I try to stick with shiraz, merlot, and cabernet.

For me, there's just nothing that can replace a really good glass of wine. I got hooked on it in college. Had a glass every time I cooked dinner. I still do that. I am a better cook with a little vino!! :-)

I'd rather walk another mile than give up my wine!!!

tommysgirl18
09-27-2007, 12:38 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, we have to get used to another shift as of Thursday, and then have to get re-adjusted again on Monday! Tommy got a call from the temp agency on Wednesday telling him not to go into the job that he was working at because they terminated his contract/job because he didn't hit production on Tuesday. How stupid is that? So, he called the lady back and he will be on day shift on Thursday and Friday while he trains, and then starting on Monday, he will be back on the after noon shift. This time from 4:30pm to 3:30am! This job he is starting, he will be making less money so it will be back to budgeting every single penny again!

Kathy~ Congrats on being a grandma! Does she know what she is having?

Mindy~ I have to agree! I love the fall weather, but alas it is Michigan, so it could snow next week. (knocking on wood that it doesn't snow that early though!)

Marti~ It is nice to hear from you! I am doing much better with the eating/exercising department! I am actually eating the right amount of what I should be eating....and have rarely gone back for seconds (or more) so that is a HUGE step for me!

Jane~ Have fun on your vacation!

MK~ It is so good to hear from you! I hope you can get away from accidents! I hope you can convince your mom to move into a senior's apartment. I would worry too.

suetalks
09-27-2007, 08:10 AM
Quick pop in ladies to say thank you for your good wishes. We are going to need them to continue. Mom came home for Sat. night, Sun. she got steadily worse. Took her back to the ER and they sent us to the Heart Center in Indy. She is stable and they are working on meds to keep her that way. I spent three nights in a lounge chair in her room, so came home for a quick sleep last night and am heading back this morning. What we do know is that she is not going to have back surgery as her heart won't take the 4 hour surgery. She can't have the heart cath/stent because her arteries are almost completely blocked. The one option they have is dangerous and will be a last resort. Now we are trying to get her where she can function without pain and come home. We got a walker and have a wheel chair coming.
I will certainly keep you posted and I do appreciate all of the prayers and thoughts.

BTW...I only gained 1 pound so am sitting at 167 right now. Today I am taking walking shoes to the hospital and will try to get outside a little. These days in that room were very confining for me so I imagine how mom feels...at least I can walk the halls and to the cafe. My heart is so heavy for her right now....

jules1216
09-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Real quick pop in to say HI!! Dealing with migranes and allergies and new BIFOCAL glasses!!

Teri is fine--the boy is growing and VERY active!! She has three months to go and still is fitting into some of her stretchy low waist jeans.

BBL when I can catch up on individuals!!

FrouFrou
09-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Hello ladies...

MINDEE...that sucks about Tommy's job. But I guess at least he has one, that is always a blessing.

JULES...:hug: Hope your migraines and allergies get better. I've not had a migraine in ages, knock on wood, but I feel your pain. Now the allergies, ugh! Been dealing with those myself the last few weeks. Glad to hear Teri and the baby are well.

MARYKATE...good to see you posting. Hugs to you, and sorry to hear about the accidents. You are welcome for the card. :hug:

SUE...lots of hugs to you and your mom. :hug: I also feel your pain...we went thru some of the same when V's mom had heart problems and surgery. Keeping you and yours in my prayers.

MINDY...funny, I have a niece Stefani who has a daughter named Emily, lol. I'm not really a drinker...I probably have one-two drinks a year if that, sorry. But the spritzer MaryKate mentioned sounds good and definitely would cut back on the calories.

MARTI...hope you aren't working too hard.

CONGRAT'S KATHY on being a grandmama to be! Good to see you posting as well.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Hope everyone is having a good day.

PinkSands
09-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Sitting here watching Ugly Betty waiting for CSI to start so I thought I would check in...was another slow day here, it did manage to warm up to 75 and no rain, Hubby is still in FLA but on his way to Memphis, he keeps calling and telling me how nice it is and generally rubbing it in LOL...well I need to get my dinner out of the oven and get settled for CSI, Have a Good Evening All.

Sue - Sending positive thoughts for you and your mom.

Mindee - Sorry to hear about the job troubles but on the bright side he still has one.

Pink Jane

Sassy_Chick
09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
Just a quick hello to all! :wave:

Vacation is going great. Too bad mine ends in 3 nights, after tonight. :( But to everything there comes an end...........;)

Hope you all are well!

:hug:

Marti
09-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Good Evening Ladies.....

Almost Friday. Been busy busy busy at work. Nothing like working for people who DON'T work. I went to work early to get caught up on my work only to be pulled from it to take over for someone who left early.

Sheesh!! :dizzy:

Sorry....just had to have a little vent there. The weekend will be here soon enough and I can relax some.

Tonight I'm going to bed a bit early, so I won't be doing indi's again (sorry....will happen soon)

I'll check in later gals....off to bed I go.

ggmugsy
09-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Hey everybody!

Sue - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You'll be in my prayers.

Mindee - Sorry about Tommy's job. What a bummer. Budgeting sucks. There's just no way around it. I've been selling junk on e-bay to try to fill in the gap. It's time consuming but is helping.

Cristina - Funny about the names, isn't it? One of my best friends has 3 children. Julian, her son, was born the same day I was. Her two daughters are Margo and Kelly. My sisters are named Margo and Kelly. Very strange.

I have exercised now for 7 straight days!! Haven't gotten on the scale yet but I'm getting that "I can feel my REAL body" feeling. You know . . . the body underneath all the fat.

Starting this week I'm going to work on cutting down on wine consumption and not eating after 6:30 pm.

Hope everybody has a fan-tabulous weekend!

FrouFrou
09-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Hello ladies...

MINDY...it is weird about the names. I have a friend whose ex is Julian...love that name. His BD is the same as mine so she always remembers it, lol. WTG on 7 days of exercise! :woohoo: :bravo: I have been slacking this week but at least I did get some in, lol.

PINKJANE...I missed most of CSI, darn it. I was switching back and forth from CSI to The Office...don't know why they put it on the same time, lol. I don't really care for that character Sarah/Jorga. She could have stayed lost in the desert, lol.

SASSY...glad you and hubby are enjoying your vacation, even if it is almost over.

MARTI...hope you have a better day at work. :hug:

Hi everyone else :wave:

Have a good weekend!

PinkSands
09-28-2007, 07:40 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Hope everyone had a good day, had to do some running around town today, bank and all that jazz, about froze this morning, it was 38 when I got up BBRRRR, geez I hate the cold and they keep sayin snow is just around the corner BLAH I say don't make that turn!!! LOL...Hubby was in MISS. earlier then on to Memphis and then Indiana then North Carolina LOL no rest for the wicked...I am brewing up a big pot of chili for dinner and the weekend, the boy is off to play Halo with friends after work tonite so I don't have to play taxi and that works for me LOL...well I need to get back to the stove so have a Good Evening All.

Cristina - I can't stand Sara I was so hoping they were killing her off but no luck darn it LOL

Pink Jane

Marti
09-29-2007, 12:23 AM
Evening Ladies..

I'm thankful that this week is over! I get a two day break and start all over next week. Only thing is....I'm scheduled to work the early shift. To give one of the gals some time to spend w/her mom who is ill. (poor thing)
So I'll have to change my walking schedule just a bit.

Still walking, and I've been weighing my meals and keeping my portions at a normal size. Trying to stay good.

I know I said I'd do personals, but you know...I'm just too tuckered right now.

I have the weekend and I'll catch up then.

Until then......how is everyone doing on the exercise or eating? Good I hope. Catch up later!

tommysgirl18
09-29-2007, 01:26 AM
hello ladies...how are you all doing?

well, I have been good so far this week. I didn't get my work out in on Friday because I just plain ran out of time. but I did have my pedometer on so I was able to track that! we are going to Frankenmuth, the eternal city of Christmas, to pick up a couple of things. so, I will be getting plenty of walking in when we go there! the Christmas store, called Bronners, is about the size of two football fields!

just checking in to see how every one is doing.....for some reason I didn't receive a message stating that there were new messages in here so I figured I would jump on in here and see what has been going on!

FrouFrou
09-29-2007, 11:21 AM
Hello ladies...

MARTI...hope you got some sleep/rest.

MINDEE...that store sounds awesome! I love looking at Christmas stuff...thing is, I always buy, lol. I have way too much Christmas stuff.

PINKJANE...I agree about Sarah as well! I've never really cared for her character. I was hoping when she was in talks about her salary a while back that she wouldn't come back if she didn't get a raise, darn it, lol. A pot of chili sounds sooooo good! It is a little chilly out here. Not 38 though! Not sure I am ready for winter. We have had a few 60 days, about 63-68 which is not bad. But then you throw in that wind and no sun, it's a little chilly for walking outdoors. Today would be a perfect chili day! Wow, your poor hubby is going all over the place! At least he gets to see the world, or part of it, lol.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on...same old, same old...walking, laundry, etc.

Have a good weekend!

Jane
09-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Hi everyone,

Too many posts to try and catch up, so I'll just take it from here. We had a lot of fun at the lake, but it's good to be back. Molly ran all around the yard when she got out of the car, checking out her territory, lol.

CONGRATS to Kathy!!!! Nothing's more sweet and fun than a new grandbaby.

TTFN,

jules1216
09-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi All!! i was actually back yesterday, unfortunately lost a long post and then hubby wanted dinner and never made it back.

Here goes again....

Jane--the lake sounds nice--we are finally getting into the 70's which I love. The colors are beginning to change. I love fall but it doesn't love me--gets my allergies going.

Cristina--I was a faithful CSI watcher until they moved Greys to Thursday nights. I like mostly crime dramas/mystery but Greys is my guilty pleasure. I have been getting a migrane every time I get my TOM and then some. I am hoping I will get adjusted to the progressive lenses--I used my contacts yesterday and again today.

Mindee-- I love Christmas, the only year I didn;t get into it was the Xmas I dealt with the whole empty nest thing.

Marti--that's sweet that you are willing to help that girl out. I don't remember if it was you or not that was having trouble with a coworker (it may have been Angela). The girl that I was having so much trouble with that had me ready to quit had gotten transferred under another male boss that fell for the crying, eyebatting & everyones picking on me routine that covered for her just like the guy in my department. Well that boss got transferred and the new boss came to me and asked if I had any problems with her, he went on to describe everything that I complained about. Well, they offered her another position and she flipped out (just like she was allowed to do on me) and she quit. I have to admit, I did feel a little vindicated since it was said that I was the one with the problem and "should be nicer" while she was allowed to not do her job.

PinkSands--I did a pot of vegetarian chili last Subnday--it was so good!! The only thing I like about winter is the pot of soup Sundays that we tend to do. I hate the cold. Give me spring and fall without the allergies all year!!

GG--yea for the exercising 7 days straight!!

Sassy--hope you enjoyed your time off

Sue--big hugs to you--hope your Mom is okay

Hi to everyone else and I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Jane
09-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi ladies,

I got a couple of phone calls out of the way, and here I am back again.

Mary Kate - yw for the card. Glad you had a happy birthday, well, except for the fender bender. Did they get the guy? Hope you're having fun in Montana. How're things going with the niece and toddler?

Sue - oh my, I hate to hear that about your mom's heart. :hug: Of course you and she will both still be in my prayers. Be sure and let us know how it's going when you have time.

Sassy - dang, sorry your vacation is over, but hope you got lots of pictures to keep the memories alive.

Susan - hey, how're the girls doing? Does Gaby like school? Mary's twins are in Kindergarten and doing fine now. Madison cried the first 2 weeks, and that was so hard on us all.

Mindy - you're doing great with the exercise! What an inspiration.

PJ - mmmm, chili sounds so good. My nephew is making some in a couple of weeks to bring here with his family. I like company that brings food, hahaha. Btw, the photos are awesome!

Marti - thanks for relaying my message. Aww, it's sweet of you to fill in for the coworker with the sick mom. Food and exercise, you ask? My exercise is so-so, but I'm spot-on with the food. I stayed POP at the lake, and feel good about that. How about you?

Mindee - wow, I'd love to see that Christmas store. I wouldn't know what to look at first in such a big place. Did the kids have fun there?

Cristina - I know just what you mean, I hate when the networks put the good shows opposite each other. We record the one we aren't watching, sometimes, but it's hard to make time to watch them later. I'm still thinking how beautiful your house is - and I'm thinking of adding more color to mine. Think Neal would kill me, lol?

Jules - ahhhh, fall weather! I love it, until, like you, the leaf mold makes my allergies flair up, lol. Great for a weiner roast, though. How's Miss Teri feeling? Bifocals? I got the line-free ones, and they were pretty easy to adjust to.

While Neal was fishing at the lake, I cut a pattern for pioneer dresses for the twins. They need them for school on the 5th. Not sure what the kids do that have no one to sew for them.

As I mentioned to Marti, I stayed OP at the lake, but didn't get enough water, and the exercise is just so-so. I'll be glad when I get my exercise dvd. Until then, I'll just walk around the house, using the penny system.

Have a good weekend,

Marti
09-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello ladies! :wave:

Jane--Glad to see you back! Did you have tons of quality time w/Neal? Tell us how it was and what you did. How cute that Molly ran around checking her territory. Dogs are just funny!

Jules--I had some co-worker issues, but I think Angie did too. One gal I work with is constantly arguing w/her boyfriend on the phone,.....and in the process creating problems at work. (she's a troubleshooter.....she's suppose to fix problems not create them) She's been w/this boyfriend only a few months, and in those few months she's lost so much weight!! She looks good, but sickly.

Cristi--I'm with you about not being ready for winter! I do like cooler temps, but I'm not too particular about the rain. Fall is beautiful around here when it's not raining. Right now, the leaves on the tree's in my backyard are so pretty.....dark green w/red tips!

Mindee--I did not realize that Tommy worked through a temp service. That makes things hard. Some places hire temps, others just use them for just that....temps. Hope he find the right job that'll hire him permanently.

PJ--Great photos! Looked like you had so much fun at WDW!! I want to go to DL someday since it's closer to me....both my husband and daughter want to go to Universal Studios. Now....to start saving so we can actually do something like that!

Mindy--I don't believe I've said hello to you yet! Sorry! Hello and welcome! You sound like you're on the right track w/exercise!! You should feel proud! Looking forward to getting to know you more.

Sassy--Don't you hate it when vacation ends?? Make you look forward to the next one! Hope you had a great birthday...did you get anything special?

Sue--I am thinking of you and your mother and send you many hugs. :hug::hug:I hope all goes well for her. Gaining one pound during a stressful time is nothing. Don't even worry about it. You've done so well and will continue to do well. For now...just be with your mom. Hugs!:hug:

Kathy--Congratulations on the baby!! Does she know what she's having? Good to see you. Hope to see more of you.

MaryKate--Sure missed ya! Sorry to hear about the accidents!! Glad to hear that you didn't get too banged up. But still....
And the idea of mixing wine w/club soda...what a marvelous idea! :D Cook and serve pudding is a preference we like too....taste better. Taste more fattening too! :dizzy: I hope you get a chance to post more often. Just know we miss ya.

Hello to everyone else out there. Hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did....my apologies.

I need to take a shower. I spend the morning weeding my yard. I think it's time to let go of the garden too and just leave my pumpkins. It's looks terrible. Will do better next year.

Off I go!

Sassy_Chick
09-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Hi Ladies. Well After tonight I have one last night of Vacation. :( We didn't go anywhere, just stayed home and relaxed. We went out to dinner and shopping, but that is about it. We enjoyed just spending time together since we no longer get to see much of each other.

My bday gifts are: a Bath and Body set from my friends, it smells really good, its a brand I've never had before, but nice. The other gifts: My DH got me the 1st 5 Seasons of the Waltons on DVD. :) And we're getting a new tv and home theater system that is going to count for our Bdays, Anniversary and Christmas Presents to one another. We've been wanting it for a loooooonnnnnngggggg time, so the time is right, so that is what we're doing. We already sold the old tv, just waiting for the people to call and pick it up.

Also DH faxed his Resume' and Cover Letter to the job offer in IN, that my Uncle told him about that is close to my hometown. Resumes' had to be in by Oct. 2nd (Tuesday) and the board has to meet Wed. and my Uncle is on the board, so hopefully by the end of the week we should know if he got an interview or not. My Uncle did say that so far they have not been very happy with the applicants, so I'm hoping they will be happy with my DH. Its an excellent opportunity.

DH & I went for our Eye Exams today. Our new glasses should be here in a couple weeks. Hopefully sooner. But I'm hoping my FIL can get my current ones fixed so I can put my "Sally's" (OLD PAIR) away. Even the Dr. said my glasses I'm wearing now looked like they were from the early 90's. I am like, "yup" lol. But at least I can see. He said my prescription did change quite a bit, but these are my old glasses, so hard to say really how much they have changed. But he said everything looked fine, which is good. He had to dilate my eyes so I had to wear those funky shades they give ya. I looked hot I tell ya. lol. My new frames are cool. I had to trust the eye guy and my DH because without my glasses I can't see much. They both said the new ones look really good on me. Now all I need is to get a new hairdo and new body (work in progress--lol) and I'll look like a brand new person! :D

Well sorry to rambled on, but I haven't been around much.

I hope you all are doing well!

suetalks
09-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Good morning gal pals....Beautiful sunny day here today.
We got to bring Mom home yesterday. (she kept saying we were busting her out) She is understandably weak, but we are hoping that will pass somewhat. The good news is that her back pain is more controlled and she can walk a little better. The bad news is that she is still nauseated a lot. I learned that the sickness is probably not caused from her pain meds. but rather due to her heart ailment/CAD (coronary artery disease) There is nothing we can do since she is not able to undergo surgery at this point. I am sure we will have good days and bad days. I am trying to be optimistic.
I will get into more of a routine and be able to visit with you often.
Thank you all for your well wishes and prayers. It means the world to me.

jules1216
09-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Sue--you and your mom are in my prayers. The pain meds can make you nauseated especially if you don't take alot of meds.

Sassy--good luck to your hubby on the new job, if he gets it will you be moving to Indian with Jane & Sue?

Marti--hubby loves roasted pumpkin seeds. I think I am going to try and make another fresh pumpkin pie again this year. The first year it was good, but I didnt blend the pumpkin good enough. I got better with practice. I make good pie crust but can't roll them very well--hubby takes over with that part. His grandma who he lived with baked pies and bread to sell, so he had to learn to rool out the dough. I wish he would have paid more attention to the bread baking from scratch--or maybe I am glad he didn't!! I'd be eating it all the time.

Jane--I have the no lines progressive lenses. They are great for reading and working on the computer, but I had to do two billings this week and it involved alot of head turning to check all the entry. I think that's what gave me the headache--turning my head instead of just looking down and catching the blur it makes.

Well, I have some things that need done araound the house. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Marti
09-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

I got my walk in this morning. Feel good about that. Been eating sensibly and keeping my portions at a health size. Tomorrow is WI. I'm not sure if I'll lose, but as long as I stick around the same, I'll be happy.

Jules--Love fresh roasted pumpkin seeds! These pumpkins we have are the mini ones. Most people use them for decorating. James has already made a pie w/a few of them. It was one of the best tasting pumpkin pie's he's made!

Sue--I'm happy to hear that your mom was able to come home. I think being home and in her own environment will make a world of difference. And you'll still be with her so she'll feel more comfortable. Thoughts and prayers for your mom, and many hugs too!:hug:

Sassy--Great BD gifts! A nice tv and home theater system is a fantastic gift! Good luck to your hubby on the job he's applying for. I hope he gets it. What type of job is it? Same as what he's doing now or something completely different?

Good morning to the rest of the gals out there!

I'm wanting to go out and buy some fall decorations. I the colors of reds, oranges, rusts, and yellows...... always puts me in a good mood.

Ok...going to eat a late breakfast (had to get my exercise in first) and then off to town I go.

Chat w/you later!

Jane
09-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - yep, Neal and I had some good quality time together, and that was lots of fun. We plan on taking more little trips like this in the future. My fall decorations are sitting in the shed, but I'll be bringing them in soon. Good luck at weigh in tomorrow. :crossed:

Sassy - wow, where in Indiana are you applying? I hope it's close enough that we could meet up someday. Maybe include Sue with us? Sounds like you got some very nice gifts for your birthday!

Sue - beautiful weather here, too. It just makes a person feel great! Thanks for the update on your mom. As before, you'll both be in my prayers.

Jules - when I first got my no-lines, I told the technician they forgot to put them in. But he said no they didn't and had me read a paragraph up close, and then I could see the difference, lol. Fresh pumpkin pie sounds soooo good! Keep it at your house, lol.

My week 2 weigh in today was 2.75 more down! That's 29.5 from my highest weight. Imo, weeks 3 and beyond is a more acurate indicator of weigh loss, so we shall see how it goes next week.

Well, we bit the bullet and bought a new computer, and Neal's installing the softwear now. It has Vista, so I may need help with that. Who here has Vista?

Have a good one!

BBL,

Sassy_Chick
09-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Well tonight is my last night of vacation. :( But it will be kind of nice to get back into the "groove" of things I guess. ;)

Sue -- Glad that your mom is home now, I will continue to keep her in my prayers and I hope her nausea goes away. There is a medication for nausea that her dr can give her, it is called Phenergan. I know it because I've used it and I even have a bottle here with refills because I have stomach problems. Something to ask her Dr. about at least.......I know feeling that way is no fun. :no:

Jules -- TY. Yes if DH gets this job, we will be moving to Indiana. ;)

Marti -- Thanks. We just sold our old TV and Home Theater System and DH is out with FIL now picking up the new ones. We have been wanting this for a long time and figured it would be a great gift for us as we don't go out a lot, we are movie buffs and so a new tv and home theater system seemed perfect. :) My DH will be the I.T. person for the local school district that is close to my hometown. My Uncle is on the school board and suggested my DH for this job to the Superintendent, so we're keeping all fingers crossed as it would be an excellent opportunity and something that my DH would love to do. It would be different than what he does now, as he will be working more "hands on" with hardware and networking, which he loves doing, plus it will be for a school system and he loves children and also wants to be a teacher, so I think this job would be perfect for him. My Uncle said that if my DH gets it, he will be able to hire assistants too, so DH will be in charge and I think he will be good at it. I love fall decorations too, fall is my favorite time of year. :)

Jane -- If DH gets the job, we will be moving to Greensburg, IN (South Eastern IN), which is very close to my hometown, Batesville. All my family lives there, including my mother. If DH gets the job, he will be the I.T. over the Decatur County School System. Its a huge opportunity for him and for both of us and we are praying, hoping and keeping our fingers crossed that he gets it. My Uncle, who suggested my DH for this job to the Superintendent, also knows of some administrative jobs that I could apply for within the school system too, if DH gets this job. My Uncle also knows of a house for rent that is not too far away from him, so we are hoping these are all good signs, but we don't want to get our hopes up either. It would be great to meet you and Sue someday!!! :D :congrat: on the weightloss! :cheer2: Pretty soon your gonna be so thin we won't even be able to see ya! lol. Good Job!

I hope you all are doing well. I am planning on enjoying my last day of vacation. Although I have to do laundry. :p lol.

:wave: to all those MIA!!!

luckycharm
09-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Happy Sunday to all...

Thanks Jane for the congratulations. Glad that you had a great little get away. How far away was the lake that you went to? Will your grandchildren come over and help you put out your fall decorations? How are the dresses coming along? :carrot: on the weight loss again this week. Do you go ww meetings?

Marti glad you got your walk in. Kristi does not know what she is having, they will not tell anyone. She and her BF have a feeling it is a boy though. Did you go and buy some decorations?

Sassy the Waltons- I haven't seen that for years. I didn't know that they had the seasons out on DVD. I'm glad you had a relaxing last day of vacation. My DH had some vacation, and he was feeling like he didn't get enough accomplished, but didn't relax enough either.

Jules- Mmmm homemade pumpkin pie. My mom makes it right from the pumpkin scratch. It is my favorite. One day I should get her to teach me. - Maybe not, then I would have it all the time.

Sue- I am glad that your mom is out of the hospital. She will be more comfy at your place.

MaryKate, hope that the police are able to trace the license plate to whoever hit you.

Hi to everyone else, sorry I have to run, as our older children thought it was cute to teach the 4 year old to drive the quad, and someone left the keys in it, and he is driving around our yard. He hooked the winch up to our truck, and he is pulling that around also. Must run

Sassy_Chick
09-30-2007, 09:08 PM
Happy Sunday to all...

Sassy the Waltons- I haven't seen that for years. I didn't know that they had the seasons out on DVD. I'm glad you had a relaxing last day of vacation. My DH had some vacation, and he was feeling like he didn't get enough accomplished, but didn't relax enough either.

Hi to everyone else, sorry I have to run, as our older children thought it was cute to teach the 4 year old to drive the quad, and someone left the keys in it, and he is driving around our yard. He hooked the winch up to our truck, and he is pulling that around also. Must run

Yeah they have the Waltons on DVD. I'm not sure if they have all the seasons out yet, but DH got all that he could find on Amazon. He also got me Little House on the Prarie DVD's, all the seasons a while ago, it is nice to be able to watch them without any commercials and to be able to watch my favorite episodes. :) Uh-oh.........hope that your 4 year old and your truck is okay! :yikes:

Jane
10-01-2007, 12:13 AM
It's October, Ladies!

(Christmas is only 12 weeks away now!) :yikes:

Sassy - before I forget, did you ever see the movie that the TV show the Walton's was based on? It's called The Homecoming, starring Patricia Neal, and was really good. Wow, I hope your DH gets this job! It sounds like a really good opportunity for both of you. And I know your family would love to have you nearby. If it's supposed to happen, it will, right? Thanks for the kudos on my weight loss. I have a looooong way to go before I'm thin, but I'm working on "not so chubby", lol.

Kathy - it's about 3 1/2 hours to the place at Kentucky Lake that we rented. I'm sure we'll go back. No, the DGDs will be in school tomorrow, but I forgot I'll have Jackson, so I may not get my fall decorations up then, anyway. I had to take a break from the pioneer dresses. :dizzy: But they're coming along well enough. I've made a couple of boo-boos, but you'd have to look close to see them, lol. I do WW at home, since I have all the stuff. As for support, I get it right here. Thanks for the congrats. Do you think your DD will change her mind about knowing the sex of the baby?

Cristina - I was thinking of you the whole time I watched Brothers and Sisters tonight - the main character was waiting on a call from her son in Iraq. I think the actor who plays him may be leaving the show. Bet you're counting the months until your soldier gets home!

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

I've got Jackson tomorrow and Tuesday, so that's going to keep me busy, lol. The babysitter is taking 2 more days off, but Gina has to pay her anyway. I like having him, and won't spoil him at all, lol.

I'm using the new computer - Vista is ok so far.

TTFN,

tommysgirl18
10-01-2007, 01:09 AM
hello ladies....how is every one?

nothing new on this end.....just same stuff, different day!

Cristina~ We only bought two bulbs and they were for our friends that are getting married next month since we owed them a shower gift. We have the same thing.....but because of the money issues, we have to just window shop for now!

Jules~ We love Christmas here as well! It is my hubby's favorite holiday!

Jane~ The kids were good for the most part while we were there. I made Marissa a bottle, and when I leaned over to get Logan's froggie off the floor before we left the house, the bottle fell out. So, when we got to Bronner's she was hungry......so Tommy had to run to the Rite Aid at the other end of town to buy a bottle! While I was standing in the store with the kids, Logan started to go nuts while we were waiting! BUT, we went to Big Boy for dinner, and he was a perfect angel.....until they sat people at the booth behind us! When you get to the store, they have maps with all the areas marked so that you can glance and see where you need to go! We will have to go back before Christmas...money being the issue, to get Marissa a stocking with her name on it, and her "baby's first Christmas" bulb.

Marti~ Yup, it sucks that that is the way that some companies treat temps that come in to work for them. And with Michigan's government now on a partial shut down.....it is only going to make things worse, I am sure!

Sassy~ Sounds like you guys had a great vacations!!!! Good luck to your DH with his resume.....I am hoping that Tommy gets some bites on his!

Sue~ You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers.

sounds like Indiana is the place to be! who knows.....we might even end up moving out of MI and to Indiana!

FrouFrou
10-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Just a quick HI for now :wave:

Back on track with my walking...went to the park and got in my 3 miles.

Have a good day everyone! :)

sz2atheart
10-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Evening ladies!! :wave:

Just poping in to catch up with everyone's post. I'll get in some indy's on the next thread. The few times that I get here a week always put's me at the bottom of the thread. :( I've had a four day weekend and worked harder at home than I would have at work! Gonna keep reading backward and catch up later tonight!

Marti
10-01-2007, 08:58 PM
This is the end....see ya at #269.