LA Weight Loss - Sept. 24th to Sept. 30th Friends and Loser Thread

Mama Nicole
09-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, good morning everyone :) I can barely believe that I am the first one to post this fine lucky week :) I just wanted to report that I made my weekend goal, and my BNWI this a.m. was 191.6!!!! Have a great day everyone..........and stay OP!!! You can do it :)
XOXO

zambejaly5
09-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Mornin' Nicole!!! and everyone else! heres to a great week! DH will be home all week so I should have computer access.

I was doing really good yesterday. I was going to go for a ...... WALK! so I got my walking tape on, got my shoes on, grabbed the dog and headed out. there is a subdivision behind us that they built the street for about 2 years ago, but the lots never sold. they are finally putting a couple houses back there but it is like 250 acres of nice streets and no people so I like to walk there. But I didn't want to walk down the busy road to get to the entrance of the place because I didn't want my little pug thinking he could do that when ever he wanted to and was off a leash, so I cut through the woods behind our house. BIG MISTAKE!!!! I got COVERED in seed ticks. now for those of you who are not familure with seed ticks. they are ticks that are the sizes of...... well, if you took a pencil and sharpened it as sharp as you could and then made a dot on paper without breaking the pencil point, that is the size of one. Now, put enough of those together that they would make your white socks look brown.........!!! now you get the picture. and when they bite they leave a bump the size of a misquito bite that lasts for about 3 days. so needless to say I had to go home and take a shower. so much for the walk!

heres to a better day! catch you all later

Katy66
09-24-2007, 10:48 AM
Good Morning Nicole and Lettie! Wow this is a slow morning, where is everybody.

Just thought I would do a quick check in before my busy day got really rolling. Had a decent weekend although I had beef two days in row and an extra liquid fruit last night. I've had my lemon water this morning and already have two of my other waters out of the way.

Congrats Nicole on making your weekend challenge. Weekends are the hardest for me as well.

Sorry about the bites Lettie and the ruined walk. Do the bites itch alot?

Gotta run, have a great day:)

zambejaly5
09-24-2007, 11:12 AM
YEA!! THEY ITCH LIKE CRAZY! way more than a misquito bite. but that is just me, every one reacts different. My husband isn't effected at all.

and Nicole, I have to confess, after all the nice things you said about my new avatar...... it is a very old picture. probably 3-4 years old. I just don't have new ones of me, I avoid the camera most of the time. hmmmm why would that be...... I will try to get something on here more rescent. I just got my hair cut so I should take a pic. I will be taking pictures today of stuff to list on ebay so maybe I will do it then.

LizzyW
09-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Morning everyone,

Oh Mondays. Up to 172 today, but with TOM and the fair yesterday I am not surprised. Well, I am starting my FF today and so far so good. I had my eggs and am now having my first round of Cantelope. I hope this will help jump start the losses again.

Nicole - congrats on reaching your goal this weekend. Weekends are hard for us because we are out all the time.

Lettie - sorry about the ticks. I don't like any kind of ticks. And yes they do itch like crazy.

Katy - hiya, congrats on starting out the day with a bang. the hardest part for me is the water. I can get it in, but mostly I can't. Just either get to busy or bored with it. Even with the Crystal Light. Oh well, with FF I have to get it in.

Well an NSV for me is that I went shopping this weekend and bought 2 pair of jeans that were size 14!! I am getting there, though it is slow.

Well, best get to work. Have a great POP day.

Liz

Katy66
09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
Liz - Good luck with the FF. I've never done it, just TO but plan on trying it next time around. I think I would do better with more protein. Anyway hope it gets rid of those fair lbs for you:) Oh and congrats on the 14s....that is awesome!

Lettie - Everyone keeps asking for before pics of me and I honestly don't know that I have any. For obvious reasons I steered clear of the camera! I need to look around and see what I can find.

Well gotta run now, my copies are finished and I've got to get back to work. I promise you this is the last time a let a staff person off for an entire month.........just way to hard on the rest of us:)!

Kim0303
09-24-2007, 12:15 PM
Lettie, I have a friend doing Nutri System and she has lost 40 pounds in just a few months. She is doing very well. Good luck on that journey.

Liz, Hang in there. I had a horrible weekend too. I know I am up at least a pound. Had a reunion, mother's BD so I had cake, and 4 kids roasting marshmellows for everyone. Oh well.

Nicole, Congrats on the WI.

Ketti, I hear ya on the weekend thing. It is my worst time. Next weekend I am going to be in the wilderness and having my food prepared for me. I am trying to take things I can eat without cooking. Only access I have is to a cooler. It is a retreat and the facility prepares food for the whole group and you eat buffet style. I'll do my best.

Later

chiquita623
09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Everyone. Sorry I didn't post much last week - it was **** week at work and that's all I have to say about that!!

Had a pretty good weekend. DBF worked Saturday so I got started on my fall house cleaning. Now if he'll just work again next Saturday I should be able to get it done before we leave for vacation on the 5th!! Sunday he took me out for breakfast and then we went out in the boat for a few hours. Got home around 5:30 and threw a couple of steaks on the grill. Pretty doggone relaxing weekend all around. Just my type!! Hope everyone's weekend went well.

Nicole - I did TO one day and got a severe migraine so the COD told me to do FF the next day. I did and did not lose anything. I tried for a mini goal of 1/2 pound over the weekend. I go to the COD later this morning so we'll see how that all pans out. According to my scale I did not make it. Oh well. I'll bet you're getting excited/anxious about your upcoming trip. Just have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures and BE CAREFUL!! And don't forget we'll want a full report when you get home!!

Lettie - ICK on the seed ticks. Hope they get better soon and you're not too miserable.

Lizzy - I think the next time I do FF I will try it with the cantalope or oranges. Let me know how that works for you and how you do it with fruit instead of the juice.

Today should be an easy day at work - finally. Hope everyone has a POP day and week. Check back in later!

KSingleton
09-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Good Morning Everyone!! I am new to 3FC, but I've been on LAWL since the first of August. Weekends are always the worst for me too. My church works a concession stand at the UT home games. So, you know how games are there is just nothing healthy to eat. The game 2 weeks ago I didn't eat anything the entire time I was there. Basically I ate once the entire day. This Saturday I didn't have that kind of will power, but I guess I didn't have any willpower because I ate 1/2 of a hot dog, and 5 chicken nuggets, and a few french fries!! Then yesterday my DH decides to take me to Olive Garden to celebrate my birthday, which was last week. In the past we've always ate at OG for my bday, but this year I was trying to be good. Oh well, even though I new I could eat something on the plan, again just not enough willpower. I really messed up!! To top it all off, my stove is broken. I am unable to cook anything until we get it fixed. I cook every night so does anybody have any good crockpot recipes? I found one that I put on for tonight in the Main Dishes Forum, but I'm sure I'll need a few more. We can't get the stove fixed until this weekend.

Wow, what a Monday...BTW what is FF? I thought it just meant Fat Free does it have another meaning?

chiquita623
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Welcome Krista. FF is Fast Forward. You should have done this when you first started on LAWL.

KSingleton
09-24-2007, 12:52 PM
When I first started LAWL I did the TO with unlimited protein & vegetables. Is that the same thing?

Mama Nicole
09-24-2007, 01:00 PM
Welcome, Krista..........yes, that is it :)

Kim0303
09-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Krista, FF (Fast Forward) and TO (Take Off) are a little different. Somewhere on here it explains the difference.

There are 3 of us on here from Maryville. So welcome. The 3 of us in Maryville have gotten together once and trying to get our schedules together to do it again. Maybe you can join us. We were going to go to Star Bucks I think on Alcoa Hwy. I do not have crock pot recipes. I don't cook very much so I am not any help in that are. Looks like you are doing a great job with a 15 pound drop since you started. We are close to the same stats. I have 10 pounds on you! Close to the same start date. I started the first of August. So welcome aboard. This is a great group. We have several celebrities that have lost 70-100 pounds. So they of course always have great suggestions.

MomOfThreeTeens
09-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Happy Monday everybody!!! I keep telling myself not to go days without checking in but I never learn! 8 pages of posts to catch up on, sheesh! LOL

Welcome Krista! There are several of us East TN girls here!

Nicole-OMG I cant imagine how excited you are about your trip! Have a blast!

My sons wedding is in 4 weeks!!! I bought my dress Saturday and its gorgeous if I do say so myself. Its been a LONG time since I even tried on a formal. My mom and sister went with me shopping and we had a great time.
NOW I gotta keep my butt from munching so I can still fit into the darn thing in 4 weeks! LOL I havent been doing so well foodwise. Started maintenance and went crazy I guess. Scale is only up a couple of pounds and believe me, the way I've been eating, thats a miracle! So you all send me some Will Power dust to keep me in line...or a swift kick in the arse!!!

Kim #3- If I can find your cell number I'll try to call later today and see if you might want to go get coffee tonight. DH is gonna be out all evening!! Glad you survived your reunion without too much damage!

Heather!!!! Glad to see a post from you, hope work slows down soon! You up for a cup of coffee with me and Kim???

Dan-Donut??? I can feel my mouth watering!!! There are chocolate covered donuts here in the teachers lounge at least once a week! I told them they were all just cruel! LOL I havent had a donut in almost a year!!

Everybody else, have an absolutely amazing week!!!!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Kim!!! We were posting at the same time!!!! let me know about coffee!!

BarbaraB
09-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Kim (is it #2?) It is a little hard to not go a little crazy once you hit maintenance. It seems like suddenly even the folks who were so supportive when you losing weight are expecting you to eat all kinds of junk once again, and it is really a seductive thing... I know I had promised myself all sorts of food once I was on maintenance... only I guess I shouldn't have eaten it all at once. LOL. We can do this... get back on track and keep the pounds from returning.

I had a pretty good weekend.. Had to work a little, but not too much. Planted bulbs, never buying them from Costco again... that is just too many to plant for me. I only put 60 of them in the ground, so still have another 20, but I was tired. I was pretty close to OP this weekend, better than normal.

Here's to trying to being POP and getting back down to my goal weight soon.

chiquita623
09-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Barb - our stats are almost identical. I'm wondering how long it took you to lose all your weight and if you were ever plauteaued and how you got it going again. I'm stuck at 173 - only 13 more to go and I've been here for over a month. Boy is it ever frustrating but I'm not giving up!!

Lynx
09-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello everyone, Happy Monday at the beginning of Fall
Welcome Krista
First of all, Master Poster aka Mama Nicole. Way to go on your 3 lb loss. By the way, I "virtually" ate one of those cupcakes. Did you notice it was missing? It was calorie free. The countdown is on to Germany. We all wish we were going, but we know you deserve this special trip.
Nicole and Amylou - Some day I will put up another avatar, but for now I am going to pass. Thanks for asking though.
Amylou - You mentioned suits for interviewing and court appearances. Do you have any upscale type consignment shops in your city? Often, you can find really nice suits or other dressy clothes that are a fraction of what you would pay for a new suit. If it needs some alterations right away or later on, the shop probably has a recommendation of a good seamstress who can do that for you. Hope you did not get sick over the weekend.
Lettie - Glad to see that you have not abandoned us. We need you too. Good luck with the new program.
Hi to BarbaraB, Laurie, Liz, Kim2, Kim3, Katy and anyone else I forgot.

start LAWL 12/27/06
red plan until 4/16 - 20 lbs lost
gold until 7/27 - 38 lbs
plan 2 start 7/28
total lost 47 lbs.

Mama Nicole
09-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone,
Lynn had a great suggestion to avoid confusion when giving or receiving plan advice.............maybe we could all post somewhere in our signature or under our avatars whether we are on LAWL colored plans or PW numbered plans. There may be other variations that I am not aware of......so whatever the case may be........it might be helpful :) Great idea Lynn :) I put mine under my avatar.
XOXO

JLem311
09-24-2007, 03:01 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. been super busy lately..working alot. i worked all weekend, so didn't do much.
i open mon-thurs and then dh and i are off to dunes village beach resort in myrtle beach for our anniversary! :) yay! it's actually a honeymoon since we didn't take one last year. i'm super excited! :) we have an oceanview room with a kitchen, so i don't have to go too overboard on nonplan food too. bonus!!! :)

lots of things happening in my life right now, very busy/stressed/crazy. i'll have to give an update on everything as soon as my week slows down!

congrats nicole on the loss over the weekend..you rule!

ok, off to workout and then nap!

Dan2112
09-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Hey gang..

Hope all is going well.. we shut down our Fair display today.. Now I've got a truck load of boxes and crap to unload, but I just don't wanna do it yet.. It will be weird betting back into "office mode"... Of course, I'll only technically "in the office" for two days this week, as I'm going on a field trip to the mountains/forest with DD and her class tomorrow (which will be kind of like work) and then taking Friday off just for the **** of it...

yeah, Liz and I did some damage to the diet yesterday at the fair, but it wasn't TOO bad.. We'll see how it shakes out in the long run.

Keep up the losin' kiddos!!

Lynx
09-24-2007, 03:52 PM
Jillian, we are going to Myrtle Beach and leaving on Oct 13th. Just today I was thinking that I need to get back to looking at options for what to do while we are there. We are staying at the Yachtsman in a timeshare condo with kitchen, etc. Also oceanview. Have you heard about the Dixie Stampede dinner show? It is supposed to be fun and entertaining. I just looked at the dinner menu and they have a vegetarian option. Maybe our friends in East Tennessee (it is a Dolly Parton enterprise) can let us know whether they recommend it or not. We are also planning to go to Charleston for a day. It is 2 hours away.

chiquita623
09-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Master Poster Nicole - I agree that it is a great idea to put our plan somewhere for all to see. I am on Pure Weight Loss Gold Plan with Lites. It is a corporate owned center and they told me that is why the plan did not change except for the glycemic index stuff.

DBF and I are going to Talladega, AL for the Nascar race on Oct 7th and then down to the Gulf area. Any suggestions as to what's fun to do down there or great places to stay or eat?

dawn78
09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Hey Lynn, I’ve been to the Dixie Stampede else where. I thought it was alright, I don’t remember exactly what we all ate, but I’m pretty sure none of it was OP. Bring along your own utensils because they don’t have any! The idea is that all the food they serve can be eaten with you just your hand. For example corn on the cob, the soup was in a crock so you just slurped it, the meat you just pick up and take a bite out of it and so on. I would have rather been able to cut my meat up and pick it up with a fork because it was quit messy and I’m not one for “slurping” my soup. The kids get a kick out of be able to eat with their fingers though!

healthy2b
09-24-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi All.....

Back from my trip to Denver.....it was a work trip but it went by very fast and I'm glad to be home. I find myself just wanting to stay home for a while since I've been traveling a bunch lately and can't seem to budge the scale. Dan...I don't know how you have been able to do it.....traveling and trying to lose weight just doesn't mesh with me....

Lynn and Nicole....i put my LAWL status under my avatar also....I'm still not too sure about this new plan but I need to really give it a try now that I'm home for a while with no trips planned.

I got up this morning at 5:00a.m. to go to the gym and I am sitting here at my desk at work trying not to fall asleep. I need to get back into my routine badly!!! Everyone have a great afternoon:)

BarbaraB
09-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Laurie, I had a lot of plateaus. I think the last 5 pounds took 3 long months to lose. The last 15 took 5 months... so it was just a slower and slower thing. It was frustrating, but you know what.. it is part of the process of losing. The leaner you get, the more your body starts holding onto what it has left. I also started working out like crazy during that time, and I do believe that slowed the numbers going down on the scale, but increased the overall fat loss that I had. The first 30 pounds I dropped from a size 14 (granted a tight one) to a size 12. The next 15 pounds. I went from that 12 to an 8. So those 15 pounds even though they were the hardest to lose, that is when everyone noticed.

Hopefully you will have an easier time of it than I did

chiquita623
09-24-2007, 05:53 PM
OK BarbaraB - I guess what you're telling me is I just need to find my patience and put it into play here. I've gotta tell you I'm just not a patient person but I will do my best. Thank you for the info. It helped me put this in a little better perspective.

slim n trim
09-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi Everyone,
Its been awhile since I posted, although I have been lurking a bit lately. Sorry for the MIA - I have just had lots of things going on lately.

However .... today... here and now, in front of all my cyber friends, I am here to tell you that I am remotivating myself. I have been slacking all summer, and I am up to 145 again, and I am so sick of these last five pounds. It has been all summer long they just won't let go. But, I am going to try to kick it into gear, and I am counting on you all for support. Feel free to give me a kick in the butt.

My daughter is having her baby C-section on Wednesday. Baby is breach, and just won't turn, so, I will have baby news soon. Carrie - how is your daughter doing?

It seems that there are lots of others missing as well - Wendilina - where art thou' .... Pearl - missing your wise words, Kim - hope you aren't having more gall bladder trouble, and Angie - how you doing, and Cassie - hope life settles down for you soon. Sarah from Ontario - haven't seen anything from you for a long time.

Anyway - welcome to all the newcomers!!
Thanks to all of you regulars for forgiving me for not showing up here sooner.
I send you all hugs.

Lynx
09-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Well, Dawn thanks for the info on the Dixie Stampede. I am reconsidering whether this is a good option for us.

start LAWL 12/27/06
red plan until 4/16
gold until 7/27
plan 2 start 7/28
total lost 47 lbs.

Katy66
09-24-2007, 06:26 PM
Lynn - Have fun at MB. We just got back from a week at N Myrtle and had a great time. Can't help with the good options because I was not good at all:)

Karen and Carrie - Welcome back, good to see you both!

Well I better run pick up DD. Have a great evening!

PS: I'll try to fix my avatar with the plan I'm on.

Mama Nicole
09-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, Dawn thanks for the info on the Dixie Stampede. I am reconsidering whether this is a good option for us.

start LAWL 12/27/06
red plan until 4/16
gold until 7/27
plan 2 start 7/28
total lost 47 lbs.

Lynn........I have heard it is an excellent show :) I have not been, but they have one here in Branson, MO, and folk rave about it. I am not a finger food lover myself......but other than that, I don't think you will be sorry :)

equinetcan
09-24-2007, 07:26 PM
hey gang,

Well my day off is almost over but I was glad I had it. I needed it after the last 3 weeks at work. Today I went and signed my lease for my lot for the minihome and got a couple of other things for the house looked after.

I also colored my hair - intense auburn it is called. I like it. Not sure if anyone else will though. Grey roots were really bad so I had to say bye bye to them!!

For supper I roasted a chicken so that I have eats for a few days for work and having something to take over to my ex's tomorrow night to see the furkid.

Other than all that I just relaxed a bit and tried to take it easy. Back to work tomorrow again.

I haven't hardly watched TV all summer but this week some of my favorites start so I'll be watching. CSI Miami and Dancing with the stars both start tonight. I don't have that many that I watch but the CSIs are exceptions for me.

Have a great evening everybody...

amylou7777
09-24-2007, 08:01 PM
Hi friends!

I am still fighting this cold. I have been diligent with my vitamin C, echinacea, airborne, water etc but I still feel it sitting there. I seem to have more energy today so I hope that is a good sign. One more class tonight....hoping I can stay awake!
I was so not hungry yesterday and missed quite a bit of food. The skipping always seems to mess me up more than the little cheats, so I hope I'm not up at w/i tomorrow morning.

Lynn- I will have to look into a consignment store. That would be the best thing to do and would definitely save me money. I always forget I can always get things altered if need be. I'll have to look/ask around.

Nicole-what are we going to do without you on here??? I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Jillian- I hope everything is going ok for you.

Karen- so good to hear from you. Will be thinking of you and your daughter! Hope everything goes according to plan and you have a healthy grandbaby!

Alright, I better find something to eat before class. Luckily I was able to come home so I can make something OP!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-24-2007, 08:26 PM
I posted a new profile picture, its the dress I bought for my sons wedding, let me know what you think!!!

adventuregirl
09-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Went to my COD today for WI, down another 2.6 lbs, thats a grand total of
7lbs in 2 weeks. Trying to make 10lbs by the end of september. Heres to starting my 3rd week on LAWL!!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Way to go Adventuregirl!! Thats a great start!

Joni135
09-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Congrats Nicole...you lost 3 lbs last week. You gotta feel great about that....a lot better feeling than getting cover in seed ticks, that's for sure!!

Hi Kim - will power dust coming your way! LOVE the dress....great choice and you look fabulous!!

Welcome Krista - See below for my Take Off/Fast Forward explanations.

Barb - I'm laughing about your bulb planting. I buy the bulbs...forget about them and then in a crazy rush, I dig a couple holes with my shovel and throw all the bulbs in haphazardly....they come up quite nicely that way...but I know it's a waste of good money.

Dan - I'd love to see your stats somewhere in your signature....or add the word LOST to your signature (LAWL Goal - LOST 105 lbs. - OWNED!)

Unlimited proteins (meat, poultry, fish)
Unlimited raw, green salad veggies
2 eggs or 1/2 C egg beaters
4 glasses of the TO drink *
8 8 oz glasses of water
1/2-1/2 tsp Morton Lite salt
NO OTHER FOODS -no bread, no milk, cheese, fruit, condiments, etc.
You can have up to 24 oz per day of diet soda, 3 packets of articifical sweetner, 2 cups of coffee.

Take Off you use the LA Lites (or comparable bar)
Juice (32 oz a day)* or Fruit (4 C of cantalope or 4 oranges)
6 oz protein (recommend you eat the same protein all day)
2 green veggies
& 2 LA Lites
* If you use the COD drink, it's 16 oz of their juice and 16 oz water for each day. Or buy 2 bottles of the Knudsen Morning Blend juice and each day you mix 6 oz water, 26 oz Knudsen's juice and 8 teaspoons Benefiber powder. This seems to be the closest in taste/nutrition to the COD juice.

BarbaraB
09-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Kim, Killer dress... You'll be one hot mother of the groom.

AdventureGirl, you've made a great start. Just keep going and before you know it the pounds will add up.

Laurie, I felt like you shouldn't even ask me. Really it went pretty well with a few minor plateaus until the last 5 pounds.... So don't feel bad if it is taking awhile. It is normal, and almost the expected thing. Don't let anyone make you feel like you SHOULD lose 2 pounds a week, since as you get lighter that is a taller order. Your body is adjusting to its new size. I liked the thought that when you are on a plateau that your body is sucking itself in and preparing to lose the next bit, and often it is the case, when you are stuck at a weight, if you measure you will see yourself continuing to shrink. So try to find several ways to measure progress so you can feel good about it even when they going gets slow.

Has anyone else noticed that their legs cross totally differently now than they did when they were heavier? I had always thought that I had lost flexibility... I never knew that I had just changed the way I crossed my legs because my legs got too fat. I used to always sit with my foot hooked around the back of my ankle... and when I lost weight, bingo suddenly I could sit that way again... It is like turning back the clock in some ways.

Mama Nicole
09-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Kim #2...........the dress is lovely on you :) Really.....it is just perfect :) You look beautiful!!!
XOXO

healthy2b
09-24-2007, 10:58 PM
Hi Karen - I hope everything goes well with DD and baby ...keep us posted. My daughter ended up with a c-section also three weeks early. Placenta Previa....that's what was causing all the problems. Mother and son are doing well and he had gained 1lb at his two week check up so all is well...thanks for asking.

Hi Katy 66

Alannah - I'm a CSI fan also but I have to say CSI Las Vegas is still my favorite

Amylou - Sorry to hear about your cold, I hope you feel better soon

TTKim - love the dress!

Adventuregirl - Way to go on your loss!

Kim0303
09-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Kim, I love the dress. Thanks for sharing. You are going to look fabulous!

Adventuregirl, way to go!

Lynn, you can go to the Dixie Stampede website and get a run down of the menu. They serve cornish hen and pork as protein, the soup, the corn, I think potatoe wedges, and an awesome desert. Definately not on plan but hey it is one meal and you are on vacation. You can stow away utensils in your purse. Much more fun to slurp it down and pull with your fingers. WE have been several times to the one in Pigeon Forge during different seasons. We always have a good time. Always fun to watch the tourist trying to figure out how to eat their soup and then their food!

Later
Hello everyone else.

bayoubelle68
09-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Kim #2 - Wow! I love the dress! You look gorgeous!!

Amy - sorry about the cold. I hate that! I don't like to eat when I have a cold either. I think it's mostly because I can't taste everything.

Nicole - I'm so excited for you about the trip!! I know you can't wait!

Everybody else: Have a fantastic day! Relish in each victory and put the defeats behind you! (I'm sorry to lump you all together, but it's 6:45 and we leave for school at 7:00. Neither of the kids is dressed and there's always a huge drama over doing Elizabeth's hair! I'd better go!!)

zambejaly5
09-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Kim your dress is just stunning! well actually YOU are stunning and the dress looks great! how does it look with the jacket off? will you be taking it off at the reception? so what does the mother of the bride look like? is she going to be jealous of your gorgessness? :D

MomOfThreeTeens
09-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the compliments guys. I sure had a blast trying on dresses.

Lettie-The mother of the bride is a beautiful lady. Her dress is chocolate brown, I'd say we're going to compliment each other nicely :-)

Mama Nicole
09-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Good morning everyone :) Kim #2.......you are so gracious :)

I am going to try to stay off here as much as possible today and get my suitcase finalized :)

My mom bought me a new pair of jeans, a sweater, and an adorable jacket from old navy last night. I went and tried stuff on at my old navy.....told her what fit.........and she went in Wisconsin and bought it. She is the best. I am also happy to report that I had a size 14 jeans on in the dressing room.............diva cut (which are slimmer in the thighs and butt)........but I had an extreme muffin top going on.........so I put them back and went for the 16's. I know old navy runs big.......but that is the first time I have seen a 14 in a long time........and size L tops :)

Ok, have a great day everyone.

Hey, Lettie, did you officially start nutrisystems yet?

Ok, have a good one everyone :)
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
09-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Nicole! Good for you on the size 14's you hot momma!!!

When I got home yesterday I had a message from the COD, I havent been to WI in 2 weeks and I NEVER do that, I guess they think I quit or something LOL Anyway, some girl I never heard of calls and says Hi Kim, just wanted to let you know we missed you last week. We've got your things together for you to START stabilization so call or come by this week. START stabilization? I had to laugh. I'm done with stabilization and started on maintenance already, sheesh! When you start stabilization they make you a totally new chart so how could she look at my chart and not know that I've done it already?

chiquita623
09-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Hope today is POP for everyone. Kind of drab and looks like rain here. Hope we get it. We're in desparate need.

Kim - you are absolutely gorgeous in the dress. You'll knock their socks off!!

Lettie - Good luck with Nutrisystems. I have a girlfriend that did that and lost 50 pounds doing it. Hope the tick bites are getting better.

Nicole - great NSV on the 14's. Doesn't it make you feel on top of the world when you can get into those sizes you haven't seen in a while? Kind of reinforces what we're doing here.

Amylou - Hope the cold gets better soon. It's so hard to concentrate when you feel icky.

That's all the personals I can remember for now. I'll check back in later.

healthy2b
09-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Nicole - the clock is ticking .....how exciting for you to go to Germany....sounds like your very prepared. I ALWAYS forget something that I have to have and end up having to purchase it while on the trip. Not such a bad thing sometimes, but other times it really agravates me because I don't need two of what ever it may be. I have started making a list hoping that it will help while I pack, but I still manage to leave something out. Well, you know that we are all going to be thinking of you while your gone and oh so jealous.

Felicia - I remember those crazy:crazy: mornings when my kids where young, it does get better. I also know what you mean about the hair ordeal.....my third daughter always had very long hair, past her bottom, it was beautiful but she always wanted it in a french braid every morning....and it had to be perfect.....oh the memories:lol:

Well, yesterday after I did my 40 minutes on the elliptical at the gym, I decided to lift some weights (which I haven't done in a few months), my arms are very sore this morning. I like it though, when I can tell that I have done something. I use to incorporate weights in my workout everyday, but got so I couldn't tell at all so I started to just do 60 min. of cardio instead. I'm switching back to 40 min. cardio and 20-30 min. of strength training to see if it doesn't help with the weight loss. They say you need to switch it up every once in a while...so we'll see.

Heres to a POP day!

aguerin
09-25-2007, 11:03 AM
GM all. I'm in DC this week and will be struggeling to stay OP. I did o.k. yesterday though. I didn't eat OP, but I sure didn't eat much. Had THAI food last night and it was BLAAAHHHH!! Tasted like paste or something.

Congrats on all the lossess. I won't go in to mine. I was down to 142 on Sat morning (BNWI), but had a sweet tooth that evening and over ate on the yogurt and Fiber one (isn't that a great treat?) so was up to 145 on Monday Morning. Oh Well. Now I know. I plan on that coming off this week and then some. My Columbus day goal is 140 and I Can do It.

Kim Congrats on the Maintenance. Send me a PM if you have updated info.

Liz, congrats on the 14's, just think soon they will be too big. I hate having these nice clothes that are too big now, cause I just bought them. But thats what its about, right?

Hope everyone has a great week. I have a NSV I will share later, its too long to type out now.

slim n trim
09-25-2007, 11:03 AM
Just a quick check in this morning. I am heading out to golf this morning in about an hour.

Kim - you hot mama you - you look absolutely beautiful. I love the dress.

Carrie, congrats on the grandson. Glad to hear he is doing well.

Well everyone, I gotta run, but will try to check in later. Internet was been off and on, they are doing upgrades in our area supposedly, so, see if I have internet later.

Everyone have a great day.

Katy66
09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Good morning all! Hope everyone is having a POP day so far.

Kim2 - You look beautiful! I love that dress. When is the wedding?

Amy - Good luck staying on plan while you are out of town, that is so tough!

Nicole - Congrats on the 14s, that is awesome. You must be getting SO EXCITED about your trip.

Amylou - It really sucks to have a cold this time of year, sorry! I find it hard to stay on plan when I'm sick too. Nothing tastes good so I just keep eating hoping I'll find something that feeds my taste buds.

Hey Lyn, Karen, Laurie, Liz, Dan, Lettie and everyone else:)

Gotta get back to work. Have a great day:)

MomOfThreeTeens
09-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Thank you Katy, the wedding is in 4 weeks, October 20th. We're having the rehearsal dinner catered and DH was looking at the menu. He said we need to make sure we pick something you can eat. I said dont worry about me, those two days of the rehearsal and the wedding I'm going to eat whatever I want! Its time to celebrate!! I told him I would probably be too nervous/busy/excited to eat much anyway! LOL

Jrny2aNewMe
09-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Lettie – Don’t worry about abandoning us is favor of Nutrisystem (just kidding). Seriously, we are all individuals and whatever works for you is a good thing. Just don’t leave us, ‘kay.

Hi Karen – good to see you back. Looking forward to hearing all about your darling grandbaby!

Amy – Have you tried Cold FX?

Kim #2 – What a gorgeous dress! You’re going to look better than the bride!

Hope everyone has a POP day!

amylou7777
09-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Good morning everyone!

Lettie-those seed ticks sound horrible! Was your doggy attacked too? GL on nutrisystem. I've heard mixed reviews overall but for those who liked it and did it they have had great success. I hope it's right for you!!

Nicole-what a sweet mom you have! And congrats on the 14s! ONavy jeans never fit right on me (I have a muffin top in all sizes there I think) so that is awesome!!

Felicia-aww, I hope you guys all made it to school ok. I remember when I used to give my mom a hard time about my hair. When is your next w/i? I can't wait to celebrate two topia with you. How is the new house?

Kim-you look GREAT in that dress. I love the color and the jacket combo. You are going to have a ball! Can't wait to see pictures from that!

Carrie- where did your pic go? I too need to get back to weights. I feel so much less tight since I've stopped for about a month.

Thank you for all of the get well wishes! I'm still feeling a scratchy throat but haven't gotten the full blown cold yet. I'm convinving myself that it's going away!
I actually have to be in SF today for a funeral so I'm taking the day off of school. My best friend's grandmother passed away so I'm heading out soon to be there. I'll stop by COD for a weigh in, but it doesn't look like the scale has moved since saturday.

Hope everyone has a great day!

amylou7777
09-25-2007, 12:31 PM
I haven't heard of that Val? I may hit the drug store before I drive to the city, so I'll check that out. Thanks!

LizzyW
09-25-2007, 01:05 PM
Well, first day of FF went well. Back down to 169. I hope to be down more than that after today. 2nd Day of FF going well as well.

I watched Heroes this morning as had Taekwon Do last night. I love that show and glad it is back on. Can't wait for CSI Las Vegas on Thursday. My DD and I have been waiting for it to get here.

Congrats to all the losers. What a wonderful feeling huh?

Kim - All I can say is "WOW". You look amazing in that dress.

Nicole - Nice to be in 14 again, isn't it?

Amy - Hope the cold isn't going to be to bad. I know when I get them, I get hit hard.

Well, guess I best get to work. Stay POP everyone.

Liz

Repo girl
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Oh, Liz, we love Heroes! I also really like the premier of Journey Man, that looks like one to watch. Does anyone know where Medium went?

MomOfThreeTeens
09-25-2007, 01:28 PM
My DD has had the season premier of Greys Anatomy on her calendar for weeks!!!!

zambejaly5
09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Amy- no puggy was not really attacked by the ticks. he is so little that I was carrying him through the woods, because there were sticker bushes about knee high and were getting him, so I was carrying him to the other side. But when I got home and got in the tub, I looked away for a sec. and he jumped in my tub with me. grrrrr. He loves water! I swear he thinks he is a Lab!

Nicole. haven't gotten my food yet.it gets here sometime after Friday. I am hoping it gets here by friday otherwise I won't be starting til Oct. 8. we leave on Oct 4 for my sister-in-laws wedding in Licoln, NE. so if I can't get almost a week under my belt before I go, I dont' want to haul my food and have to eat it in front of everyone.

thanks all, for the support in the Nutrisystem thing, I have read all the mixed reviews myself. I researched it alot before I did it. what I found was, like any diet I think, those who spoke negatively were those who did follow it right and didn't lose. so they are looking for excuses. the other thing I noticed was, those who complained about the taste of the food seem to really be wanting to eat thier old unhealthy food. like, they complained about the soy chips that are one of the snacks, they have soy chips, that are flavored like potato chips. well, I like soy, I eat mostly vegetarian, most of my food is already soy. so that didn't bother me. along those lines, they have veggie meat in several of thier dishes. Like veggie meat sloppy joes, lasagne, and eggs with veggie sausage, all made from soy. these are things I already love to eat, but to someone who really prefers to eat and fast food places and is used to high fat and calorie meals, and are not willing to give that up..... then to them the food doesn't taste good.

I am excited. I know this is going to work. I have done Jenny Craig twice and lost it all. (once after baby #2 and once after baby #4) I really appreciate all of your encouragement even though I am walking away from LAWL.

On a different note. we just made "lemonaid" My DH, at a moment of weekness, bought a 2 night stay for $100 for Hilton Honors in Las Vegas. which means we would also need to sit through the 2 hour timeshare speal. it was just for the two of us and airfare was looking really high. it was going to cost $$ we didn't have and take us away from the kids, and I am not to hip on Las Vegas anyway. last time we were there we just fought the whole time. we don't gamble...... so..... we called today and of course it is non-refundable. so I said well, can we go anywhere else? and she said you could go to Orlando for the same price, but it is 3 nights instead of 2...... and if you do it in the next 6 months I will give you and extra night,, so 4 nights/5 days... in orlando for $100 that we already paid....... hmmmmmm NO BRAINER!! so we are booked to go Dec 23- Dec 27!!!! yippie! and our best friends are checking they might come with us. we all went together last year in Dec. to Fort Meyers Beach, FL. so I hope they will come. so this will be instead of christmas presents to the kids. we will do Disney and probably run to the coast. so yea!! now I need to get some of this weight off before then. I am hoping to be down about 30! we will see.

ok this got way too long. catch you all later.

Hey Nicole.... what date do you leave, again? I bet you are getting excited! I wish you could send us a postcard!

BarbaraB
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Lettie, How exciting to go to Orlando for so little cost. I like Las Vegas, as I enjoy watching the shows, and sometimes you just have to get out of the rain in Oregon, and it is generally one of the cheapest trips you can take from Portland that you are likely to see the sun. Of course if you are really concerned with saving money, Las Vegas can be so stressful, as everything there seems designed to just separate you from your money. It used to be more fun than it is now. I'm excited for you and nutrisystems. The biggest thing is that you are not just giving up, that you are trying something else.

I was reading something that said consistency is the magic pill, so just consistently working at it is the biggest thing.

Liz, Next time I'm doing a FF instead of a TO. I seem to remember that it was not that bad

Kim0303
09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Hello Gang! just read through all the post. getting ready to leave her for a Speech Pathology monthly countywide meeting. Over at 4:30 then I get to come back to school for a hot dog dinner which I am not eating at 5:30 to open house until 8!!! Yikes! I will be dragging and grumpy tomorrow. Taking Friday off and will be gone to GA on a retreat in the mountains so maybe I will survive until then.

MomOfThreeTeens
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Hey Kim, did you go WI yesterday? I'm headed over there after work to face the music! LOL

Joni135
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Amy - a weigh in and a funeral and a cold -- you sure know how to live it up! I'm a fan of Emergen-C stuff. I like it better than airborne plus it's tasty. Get a big box at Wally World and take care of yourself.

Lettie - good luck with Nutrisystem. Please check in and share your successes with us.

I watched Dancing with the Stars last night...it was really good considering it was just the first night. I have to say the Cheetah gal and the Spice gal were my favorites....and I was glad to see that the Cheetah girl was definitely carrying around a few extra pounds but she did the best job of all of them. Jane Seymour, at 56 years of age, looked great, and Marie Osmond didn't look nearly as depressed as the press makes her out to be. Boy, I wish I could dance!

Nicole - you are true to your word and staying away so you can pack. Do tell me you have one medium sized suitcase for all your stuff; okay one medium sized suitcase and a small carry on!!......That was sweet of your mom to buy you that stuff. I told her to. She's cool.

Gotta run. Job is busy. A new laptop showed up today and I have to figure out how to get everything transferred and loaded on the new one. Plus, I have work-work to do and it's Scrabble Night tonight. I'll have to tape TBL. Oh geez...so much to do ; so little time!

Oh Kim -- MIL to be Kim, that is....what kind of earrings are you going to wear? Your dress is beautiful and you need to get some bling to wear - how do the movie stars all get loaned jewelry for the Emmy's?

MomOfThreeTeens
09-25-2007, 03:49 PM
OL Joni I wish I could get somebody to loan me a gorgeous diamond necklace to wear! I'm got a great pair of diamond and pearl earrings I may wear. Depends on if I find something else I just cant live without!

Joni135
09-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Katie - I read somewhere that Medium is going to come on midseason -
Sunday (January 2008)
9 p.m. "Medium" (new timeslot)

MomOfThreeTeens
09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Joni your dogs are gorgeous! Theres a boxer in our neighborhood that is being horribly neglected. I wish I could steal him and send him to you to love. We've called everybody we can think of and nobody has done a thing to help. The law says they have to provide food water and shelter, well apparently they are providing the basics just nothing else. He's so skinny you can see his ribs. I nearly cry everytime I drive by the house. Ours is spoiled worse than the kids so it kills me to see one that obviously isnt loved.
Sorry for the vent, it just ticks me off!

Katy66
09-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Joni - I love dancing with the stars too and the Cheetah girl was great. My DH kept saying she looked chunky (the nerve). Of course I told him that was why I liked our DD to watch them, they were normal and not rail thin!

Joni135
09-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Kim - that just makes my heart ache to hear about that dog. Do you know the people at all that live there? Can you and DH go knock on the door and ask them what's up?

Where do you live in East TN (city, that is)? My DH is on all sorts of Boxer Forums and may be able to contact someone from boxer rescue to intervene. Feel free to PM me a location.

My furkids are spoiled too. Emma (the smaller) is very thin, but believe you me, she eats just as much as Charlie dog. And my dogs are indoor dogs with a nice fenced yard to play in, but most of the time they prefer the couch...and end piece of course to rest their tired heads!

Dan2112
09-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi gang...

Hope all is going well today.. I accompanyed DD on a field trip to the forest with her class and had a lot of fun but I gotta tell you... I've heard so much complaining and whining in my life.. There were a bunch of kids going on and on about their feet hurting, "Is it lunch time yet?" and "When do we go back?"... The hike wasn't that long, but there was a lot of uphill walking. In reality, it was a pretty good workout!

DD wasn't complaining, as she knows better! :lol:

I came to the realization today that our kids (collectively speaking) spend way too much time on their butts in front of the computer or television... I couldn't believe it...

BarbaraB
09-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Dan, My sister has a friend who called today's kids pampered poodles, and I just laughed and thought that is about right. Did you spend a day with the pampered poodles who thought going on a field trip was HAAAAARD! I got to tell you it is very interesting to watch the pampered poodle kids head off for college and a life where mom and dad aren't doing everything for them. They can't wait to go, and then they come back and just glory in the palace of mom and dad where the refrigerator has food.

Joni and Kim, I hate to see neglected dogs too. My neighbors leave their pugs out way too much. Pugs are not good outdoor dogs, espeically in winter in the rain. At least they are not starved. The one sounds literally like screetching tires when it barks. It took me a couple of weeks after they moved in to realize that sound was a dog(my daughter told me it was and I did not believe her). That bark terrifies my Shar Pei Jojo to no end. Poor old Jojo is about deaf and blind and sickly and moves at a rate that would try the patience of a saint (and definitely mine), unless those pugs are out, and then he throws himself at the house to get inside.

JLem311
09-25-2007, 07:28 PM
good evening everyone. had pretty decent day at work. nothing too eventful to report for the day in general. got a great workout in today too.

Mama Nicole
09-25-2007, 10:41 PM
well, I am not yet packed, but my laundry is done.........well, almost......my kids rooms are clean.....they have clothes in their drawers and closets......all their shoes and jackets are on their dressers in plain sight, bedrooms are steam cleaned as well as the family room........and, well, the house is almost mother approved :) Really, my mama doens't care if my house is a mess, but I want her to have time to enjoy the kids and play, and NOT try to make the house nice for me when I get home. I know that is what she will try to do.......and that is great......but I want this to be a great experience for all of us. And, I don't want her to work too hard.......although I know she will :)

I stayed OP all day again......and tomorrow I have a lunch date with my friend, Julia. How weird.......you can so tell my little one is almost 3.........I am going out to lunch..........can't even remember the last time I went out to lunch with a friend in the last 5 years.

Well, I hope you all have a great night. I will see you all tomorrow...........the day before I leave :)
XOXO

zambejaly5
09-26-2007, 09:34 AM
Joni and Kim, I hate to see neglected dogs too. My neighbors leave their pugs out way too much. Pugs are not good outdoor dogs, espeically in winter in the rain. At least they are not starved. The one sounds literally like screetching tires when it barks. It took me a couple of weeks after they moved in to realize that sound was a dog(my daughter told me it was and I did not believe her). That bark terrifies my Shar Pei Jojo to no end. Poor old Jojo is about deaf and blind and sickly and moves at a rate that would try the patience of a saint (and definitely mine), unless those pugs are out, and then he throws himself at the house to get inside.

poor puggies! my puggies (I have 3) have a doggie door and can come and go as they please. One time we were at an event 45 min away and it was really hot, and all of a sudden I couldn't remember if the doggie door was open or closed, with them out! kinda a, did I leave the stove on?, moment. I couldn't stand it. I left my whole family there and drove all the way home, only to find that the door was, of course open, and they were going in and out of the house fine. but as far as the screaching bark, I am glad we don't live too close to our neighbors because one of my pugs does that. she gets horrible skin allergies, and will sit outside on the back steps and rub her back and butt on the step to scratch and makes that same noise...... so maybe that is what that pug is doing. It tears me up inside, but there is just not much I can do about it. I have tried going to the vet, different foods, creams, shampoos. The vet said the only other thing to do is to have the dog allergy tested, which is like when a person gets it, they stick them with many allergians and then see which ones affect..... and it would cost hundreds, and he said even then it won't probably tell the whole picture.

It is rainy here today, TOM is here, grrrrrr. so with the black skys and how I feel. I just want to go back to bed.
I haven't finished watching biggest loser yet from last night, so maybe I will go back to bed and watch it.

catch ya'll later

Mama Nicole
09-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Good morning everyone :) I had a dream, the night before last, that my older brother died. In the dream, he was shot. I e-mailed him and told him about it, and mentioned to him also that I was getting pretty excited about out Germany trip. This was his response:

i'm still vhere, and i've been shot and i'm still here so don't sweat it. have fun and whatever you do, do not polka no matter what. talk to you tonight

LOL. That' my brother. He is always making jokes, and this year he turns 40.......and I just can't wait. This is the kind of brothet that used to wrap my christmas gifts in an entire roll of duct tape..........or walk by my and swipe both of his fingers across his tounge, and then suddenly across both lenses of my glasses simotaniously. He is IN FOR IT :)

OK, today is my last day before I leave. I am going to try to not be crabby. I tend to get a bit cranky when I am trying to get ready for a trip. I want to try to find a way to make today a nice memory for me and the kids instead of a day of stress and crabbiness. Anyone of you get all $hitty like that before traveling?

Have a happy Wednesday, everyone ") And, stay OP!!!
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
09-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Good morning everybody!

Well WI yesterday was about what I expected after not going for 2 weeks. I was up 3 pounds. I've never had a gain like that at WI, not in the whole time I've been on the program. On the plus side, I got my Maintenance information, LOTS of new foods in there I can have! I was busy yesterday evening so I havent even had a chance to look over it but I'm excited! LOL

Everybody have a great day!!!

Katy66
09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
Good morning all! Just a quick check in before I get down to my serious work for today. I've been responding to emails since 8:30am - yuck!

Hope all had a good evening. I was perfect but stayed close to plan...just a couple of munchie things.

Things are gearing up starting tomorrow for the big wedding event. Way to much food and liquid fruit and/or starch around. My game plan for the rest of the week is to plan the best that I can but enjoy myself and celebrate with my nephew and his bride:) Occasions like this are few and far between SO.....

I'm so envious of you Nicole and your trip. IT sounds absolutely wonderful:)

Dan2112
09-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Morning all! So weird to be in the office again on my regular schedule... But on the plus side, someone had already made a pot of coffee, so I'm ready to go!

Nicole... I'm extremely jealous about your trip to Germany... Europe is one of those things I've always wanted to do, but have never had the chance.. Maybe one day, right?

I'm very proud of Liz.. She made it through her FF days without a hitch... Despite it being her TOM, I expect she'll see some results!

Have a POP day, all!

KrispieD
09-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Nicole.. have a great trip.. Auf Widersehen.
Hope you and hubby have a great time and a nice attempt at a honeymoon of sorts. Just think how much you'll enjoy your babies when you get home!
I can't even begin to catch up but hope you are all doing well. It's been a bit crazy on this end as we are dealing not with terrible twos or trying threes but what I like to call the Fiesty Fours (on a bad day I've been known to refer to it as the F*** fours.) Our sweet toddler has really kicked into full defiant, saucy, tempermental moods.. I have been bending over backwards to try to be patient, spend extra quality time, talk/explain/console/comfort but we are nearing wits end.. thank goodness DH and I are on the same page. Can someone say emotional eating.. ugg!
I've actually avoided the sclae.. that elusive 151lb mark is going to have to wait. Have two exercise classes starting next week so hope that will move it along.
All of you keep up the great work and keep posting.. with nicole gone this board will be quieter than a church!!

bradleys mom
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey gals!!! I had an awesome WI this morning! I am down 4 lbs since Saturday!! (And I even ate at Pizza Hut yesterday!!) I am so excited! Its days like this that my motivation is renewed... (for a few days anyway) I hope everyone has an awesome hump day!!

KrispieD
09-26-2007, 11:49 AM
I am SO going to Pizza Hut right now.. maybe it's magic pizza..thanks for the tip!!

MomOfThreeTeens
09-26-2007, 11:56 AM
4 pounds in 4 days? Man am I jealous! LOL Congrats Kimberly, great job!!!!

bradleys mom
09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
LOL, Its the veggie pizza, Kristen! Oh and dont forget the salad! I snuck in some fat free dressing because they dont even have reduced fat dressing here!!

Thanks Kim! You are truly an inspiration! I know you have heard that a gazillion times, but YOU ARE!!!:hug:

KrispieD
09-26-2007, 12:15 PM
who am i kidding? I gain 3 lbs just LOOKING at the pizza flyers in the mail!

Katy66
09-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Kimberly - That is awesome! Don't you just want to do the happy dance?

Dan2112
09-26-2007, 12:37 PM
LOL, Its the veggie pizza, Kristen! Oh and dont forget the salad! I snuck in some fat free dressing because they dont even have reduced fat dressing here!!

Thanks Kim! You are truly an inspiration! I know you have heard that a gazillion times, but YOU ARE!!!:hug:

Great loss Kimberly!! Always good news to make it through the weekend with a loss rather than a gain... We should all be so lucky!

Not to be a downer here, but it's important to remember that what you eat today, will only have a "true" affect on your weight a couple of days later once you body has processed what you ate.. So, in order to head any potential gains off "at the pass", be as POP as you can the couple of days following, so your body is encouraged to keep losing...

MomOfThreeTeens
09-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Ohhhh my goodness!!!!! I've been checking out all the food in my maintenance food guide and all I can say is woooo hoooo! LOL the COD yesterday told me not to get too excited and eat all my starches in candy, that I still needed some whole grains! LOL I'm sure I'll jump right in there and pick whole wheat bread over M&M's!!! Just kidding BUT its nice to know I can have something if I decide I want it!!

KSingleton
09-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Good Morning Everyone!! Well, actually Good Afternoon! Congrats Kimberly! I wish I could say the same.

I went to the COD last night, and actually met with the counselor that I saw when I first signed up. I think she was still mad because I chose not to do the Lites. She was very hateful! She wasn't motivating at all. She made me so frustrated that I just wanted to go home and eat everything in the frig! I hadn't lost any weight from my last WI till last night and she said I was eating all wrong. She looked over my Food Diary and said I wasn't mixing up my food enough. She said that since I couldn't get it right that I needed to follow the Menu in the front of the book. I guess I just didn't think it was that big of a deal as long as I get most of my food in before supper. She said it was a big deal and that the food combinations is what is going to make me lose weight. She told me to plan out my menus at least 5 days in advance. LOL...I can't even think about what I am going to eat 5 days from now! I have 2 teenagers in the house. Just as soon as I plan to eat something 5 days from now it'll probably be gone!

I felt like I just hadn't lost any because I was extremely bloated and constipated. I went home drank my Hot Lemon Water & Tea & baboom this morning my BNWI was 180. Down 3lbs from last night. So, I am refreshed and feeling good. I am going to do better about planning out my meals in advance instead of the morning of, but I still can't do 5 days in advance!

Well, here's to Hump Day!! I'd love to actually weigh 180 on Saturday when I go back to the COD! I'm going to do the best I can and pray hard!

Krista

bradleys mom
09-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Great loss Kimberly!! Always good news to make it through the weekend with a loss rather than a gain... We should all be so lucky!

Not to be a downer here, but it's important to remember that what you eat today, will only have a "true" affect on your weight a couple of days later once you body has processed what you ate.. So, in order to head any potential gains off "at the pass", be as POP as you can the couple of days following, so your body is encouraged to keep losing...

Thanks for the tips Dan! I plan to stay 100% on plan! And exercise too! We walked about a mile and a half last night, then I got around 30 minutes of cardio in. I plan to keep that up as well!

I always get a bad feeling when leaving the COD after a good loss. Because I know if I go back up at my next weigh in I am going to feel bad, and I hate the feeling of gaining after a good loss like that!!

bradleys mom
09-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Awesome work Krista! The hot lemon water always did it for me too!! I also tried some of the natures reply tea, and OMG It worked great! I had gotten tired of eating broccoli and brussels sprouts and all those good fibrous veggies, and wasnt doing too hot on eating whole grain bread either... So my fiber intake was very low, thus I became constipated!

chiquita623
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I'm doing the happy dance for you Kimberly!!! Great job on the loss!!!

bayoubelle68
09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Okay, guys, I don't have time to change my ticker or anything right now, but I just wanted you to know...I just got back from WI and I lost FIVE pounds! I'm down to 295!! I'm so excited to finally be under 300!!!!

I'll post again this afternoon when I get home. I've got to pick up my kids from the gym right now!

Thanks so much for the prayers, vibes, and crossed fingers!!!

Dan2112
09-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Good Morning Everyone!! Well, actually Good Afternoon! Congrats Kimberly! I wish I could say the same.

I went to the COD last night, and actually met with the counselor that I saw when I first signed up. I think she was still mad because I chose not to do the Lites. She was very hateful! She wasn't motivating at all. She made me so frustrated that I just wanted to go home and eat everything in the frig! I hadn't lost any weight from my last WI till last night and she said I was eating all wrong. She looked over my Food Diary and said I wasn't mixing up my food enough. She said that since I couldn't get it right that I needed to follow the Menu in the front of the book. I guess I just didn't think it was that big of a deal as long as I get most of my food in before supper. She said it was a big deal and that the food combinations is what is going to make me lose weight. She told me to plan out my menus at least 5 days in advance. LOL...I can't even think about what I am going to eat 5 days from now! I have 2 teenagers in the house. Just as soon as I plan to eat something 5 days from now it'll probably be gone!

I felt like I just hadn't lost any because I was extremely bloated and constipated. I went home drank my Hot Lemon Water & Tea & baboom this morning my BNWI was 180. Down 3lbs from last night. So, I am refreshed and feeling good. I am going to do better about planning out my meals in advance instead of the morning of, but I still can't do 5 days in advance!

Well, here's to Hump Day!! I'd love to actually weigh 180 on Saturday when I go back to the COD! I'm going to do the best I can and pray hard!

Krista

Glad you're starting the day with a loss.. Great news!!!

While how your counselor told you about the menu may not have been very friendly, her underlying message is important.. It DOES matter how you eat and how you combine your foods.. Planning out a menu, while a pain in the butt sometimes, is a good way to make sure you're mixing it up enough.

The things we eat and the way we eat them make a big difference in how fast we lose.. It takes a while to get into the groove of planning out, even day by day, but you'll get it!

Keep up the good work!

Dan2112
09-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Okay, guys, I don't have time to change my ticker or anything right now, but I just wanted you to know...I just got back from WI and I lost FIVE pounds! I'm down to 295!! I'm so excited to finally be under 300!!!!

I'll post again this afternoon when I get home. I've got to pick up my kids from the gym right now!

Thanks so much for the prayers, vibes, and crossed fingers!!!

WAY TO GO!!! Congrats on the milestone.. Those always feel great when we pass them by...

You're well on your way, so keep it up!!!

chiquita623
09-26-2007, 01:55 PM
Awesome Job Felicia!! I'm doing the happy dance for you too. Boy with all this dancing I'm really getting out of breath!! :carrot::dance::woohoo::broc:

Kim0303
09-26-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah Felicia and Kimberly on your loses!!!

Kim #2, I did go to weigh in and luckily I got Heidi. She is pretty cool. I told her it was a PM WI and I had on jeans. That worked!!

Watched Biggest Losers last night and was real motivated to take my one pound a week loss when they worked their tales off and only last 3 pounds!@! How depressing would that be????

Hey Crew! Got to get back to work.

Mama Nicole
09-26-2007, 02:05 PM
:hug::carrot::cb::cp::bravo::dance::yes::encore::c heers::cheer::goodscale
Go Felicia, get busy......it's your birthday......go go go go go Felicia . I know you must be soooo excited. I am thrilled for you. I am not using any exclaimation marks cuz the upper keys on my keyboard are not working today........but I am so super happy for you. :)
XOXO

Katy66
09-26-2007, 02:07 PM
CONGRATULATIONS FELICIA! That is an awesome loss and milestone..........you go girl:)

Mama Nicole
09-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Oh, I am soooo sorry.......and Kimberly...........:cheer:.......WTG girl.......you can do this
XOXO

lizababe
09-26-2007, 02:18 PM
I don't have much time but I just read a little and saw some great news!

FELICIA! Way to go!!!! See, I told you at the next weigh in you'd be under 300 and then some! You've done such an amazing job and I'm so proud of you! I know you said you were going to start exercising once you hit the 200's so what are your plans? I can tell you from experience to spare your knees some pain, shoes are extremely important. If you want some advice on getting the right ones, I've got lots of info. Congratulations!

bradleys mom
09-26-2007, 04:04 PM
LOL Laurie, at least your getting your workout!!

Thanks everyone fore the encouragement and congratulatory comments!!!

It really helps to have you all cheering me on... DH doesnt understand 4 lbs is an AWESOME loss, he was just like, "Oh..." :mad: MEN! (No offense Dan, your on our side!!!)

Felicia! Awesome job!! Welcome to two-topia!!! :hug: :bravo::cp::dancer:

Repo girl
09-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Yahooooo Felicia and Kimberly, great job!!!!

Jrny2aNewMe
09-26-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey all - just a quick fly-by, but I wanted to say:

Congratulations Kimberly!

Congratulations Felicia - Welcome to Two-Topia!!

Nicole - If I don't get back here before you go, have a great holiday!!

BarbaraB
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Wow! Kimberly and Felicia, such good losses! That is great

Krista, if you don't normally weigh in at night, then that could be the whole "no loss" solution right there. You can gain a couple of pounds from morning to night. Your clothes can be a big difference too.
Jeans are really heavy. If you aren't wearing jeans every time you weigh in, I'd avoid wearing them to weigh ins. I got a little obsessive and weighed all my clothes for awhile.. trying to find the lightest thing for the best weigh in.
Salt makes a huge difference in your weight. I've seen my weight go up a lot just due to water retention due to salt. You have to watch it since a lot of things contain large amounts of sodium. I always retain water when I'm PMS. Not even lemon water conquers that for me. I also found that along with the hot lemon water, eating asparagus is good for reversing any water weight retention issues. Plus it is high fiber.

Some counselors are just downers. Brush it off.. There are likely some encouraging wonderful counselors too that will keep you on track. Some weigh ins are just not going to be good. Weight comes off at weird times. I've been horrible on plan, and seen a big drop. I've been perfection itself and seen a gain. The counselors that congradulate you on the loss even if you were bad and shame you for not losing even when you are good are just stupid. Like on the biggest loser last night. The gal who ate the most of the temptation food had a 5 pound loss. It doesn't always make sense or follow what you are doing.

healthy2b
09-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Way To Go Felicia and Kimberly!!!!

bayoubelle68
09-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Okay, the kids are gone and DS is sitting at a desk in my classroom, writing sentences in shaving cream that we smeared all over the desktop.

This the first chance I've had to slow down and change my ticker and profile. Boy, it feels great to type a TWO!! I NEVER want to have a 3 at the beginning of my weight again! This is my lowest weight in four years - since just before I conceived DD. Before then, I' had been hovering around 285 for about 5 years, so when I get below that, it will be my lowest in about 10 years! Be thrilled for my DH, too. He's lost nearly 70!!

Thanks so much to all of you for your support, kindness, and love! It's great to be in Two-Topia!!

7 more pounds and I can get my hair cut! I know it's silly not to just go get it cut (especially since it looks like CRAP!), but I have to set up goals and rewards for myself or I don't do as well!

chiquita623
09-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Felicia I set up mini goals for myself as well. My next one is in 3 pounds and then I'm gonna get a facial and makeover. I know it may not sound like much but I don't do this kind of thing very often (read NEVER) so it is something I'm really looking forward to.

Tell DH congrats on his loss as well. It probably helps that he is doing this with you so he understands your crazy eating habits at times!!

BarbaraB
09-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Laurie and Felicia, go ahead and reward yourself when you hit your mini goals. I think that is fantastic. So often we don't treat ourselves as well as we should when we have a few extra pounds. Which is just silly to discount ourselves so much. We are so worth it and we are all doing good things for ourselves, and ultimately our families who would be so disappointed in us if we failed in take care of our health. So whatever motivates you to keep going, do it.

Today I went and had a chemical peel done on my face as a splurge. My face is so soft. I've never had one before so it was interesting. I took advantage of some specials and got a package of 3 peels and some laser hair removal and some laser facial thing. So Saturday I got my sasquatch legs, my underarms and my chin lasered, and today I got peeled. The laser hair thing it takes awhile for it to make any difference, but I'm looking forward to spending less time shaving and plucking. I get the face lasered in two weeks. Such a big splurge, but gee whiz... I got a great bonus this year, so I went and spent some of it.

amylou7777
09-26-2007, 09:48 PM
WAY to go FELICIA!! It must feel wonderful to put a 2 and to know you have lost over 40lbs!! And I can't beleive DH! You guys must be looking quite different these days!

Kimberly-4lbs?!?!? That is amazing!

Well, the cold finally hit me hard today and I had to call in sick to work. I haven't been able to do much all day except sleep and try to eat. I'm really hoping it subsides quickly. I put up a good fight, but the cold won in the end.

Joni- it's just a regular party over here these days ;)

Lettie-your new vacation plans sound great. You guys deserve to get away and relax after those months of worry.

Nicole-you are almost there!

Hello to everyone else! I'm off to try to get some homework done...

lizababe
09-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Amy - I'm so sorry you got the full blown cold. I keep getting little symptoms, sore throat, sneezing, etc. then it goes away. I think I've been fighting these symptoms longer than it would take to just get the cold and get over it! I hope you feel better soon! That hot lemon water works great when you're sick too. Lotsa vitamin C and clears your sinuses a little. I introduced my kiddo to the hot lemon water while she was sick and now she's addicted. Damnit I'm running out of lemons way too fast!

Barbara - we need pictures! How does the laser feel? I wish I'd been warned about that goatee thing after 30.

Nicole - I'm so anxious for you! We're going to miss you around here but I'm looking forward to pictures!!

Hi to everyone else! I was down 2lbs at WI yesterday and am feeling pretty good about being OP and getting in my exercise. Tonight was the most amazing full moon so I went for an extra long bike ride to gaze at it and unwind from a stressful day. The numbered plan seems like so much more food and bigger portions. I was having trouble getting in all of my food with the coloured plan - this is proving to be even more difficult but I'm doing it.

bayoubelle68
09-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Liza - we saw that awesome moon, too. Of course, looking at anything with photographers is different. As soon as I saw it out the window, DH and I were running for the tripod and cameras! We got some gorgeous shots of that beautiful harvest moon!

Amy - I'm so sorry about your cold. No fun at all! There's a nasty stomach virus going around here. Every day this week, our lobby has been littered with pitiful kids lying on the benches next to trash cans while they wait for their parents to come pick them up. I actually joked to a co-worker yesterday that I wouldn't make being "virused" for a couple of days just so I could stay in bed and rest, but I was totally joking! There's nothing worse than being sick! And with my luck, I would get it and so would the kids and I would have to be home sick AND taking care of them! YUCK!

Speaking of school, I have a prayer request for you guys. There's a little boy in the classroom of one of my co-workers whose mom passed away from cancer during the summer. Yesterday, we found out that his dad now has a terminal disease as well. This poor baby is only in the second grade! I am just heart-broken for him. And he's not an only child. There are several younger children as well. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Have a great day, guys.

emmysmom
09-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Oh, Felicia...my heart is aching for that poor, poor family. I guess that's the downside of being a teacher. You get to know and become so close to so many children over the years...they become a part of your life. My prayers are with him, his father, his whole family, and with you. :hug:

zambejaly5
09-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Felicia, I can't see the computer screen from all the tears. it just breaks my heart, I want to hold him. Do you know where these poor orphans will go? I wish I could take them. that is just sooooo sad. I will definately keep them in prayer, do you know how old the other kids are? and what age were the parents? they must have been young, well I don't mean to talk about the dad in past tense yet....... but you know what I mean.

and on a happier note, congrats on two-topia! that is wonderful!!!!

Dan2112
09-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Felicia.. That's awful news.. Of course our thoughts and prayers are with him... I can't even imagine what that must be like. The worst of it is that being so young, can he really understand what's going on around him and how will it affect him when he's older? Wow...

Jrny2aNewMe
09-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Felicia - my heart just breaks for those poor little babies. Of course, their whole faimily is in my prayers.

KSingleton
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Barbara - Thanks for the encouragement! I guess she did kind of motivate me because this week I am trying to do really well so I can go back on Saturday and show her!!!

Felicia - My husband is a youth minister and I know that it is very difficult when one of the children go through something traumatic. The kids become such a part of your lives. I have 2 natural children (teenagers) but I feel like I have many children. I would take them all to my home in a heartbeat if needed. We will be praying.

Krista

healthy2b
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Barbara- Good for you for splurging on yourself - we work hard and deserve that once in a while:)

Amylou- are you feeling better today? I hope so....

Liza - congrats on your 2lb loss on the new plan...my body doesn't seem to like the new plan so I haven't lost a thing since changing:(

Felicia - my heart breaks for this little boy and his family...my prayers are with them

slim n trim
09-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Everyone
just a quick check in... congrats to the losers! Keep up the good work

Felicia, my thoughts are with you and the little boy and his family.

okay - now for some good news .....

dd had baby yesterday - its a boy!
Healthy as can be. 8lb 8 ounces. His name is Bryden Christopher.
That makes 6 granbabies for us .... how the he!! did I get this damn old?
I feel like my kids should still be little - not parents!

Anyway gotta go! I will check in later

Kim0303
09-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Karen, I hear ya. My baby is in college and I know before I turn around there will be grandbabies too. Ooohhhh. Scary! Hey Congratulations on yours though! I know it is exciting.

Felicia, I will definately say a prayer. I know it is tough working with kids. I had a professor wanted me to work with kids. I told her absolutely not. I worked with birth to 3 year olds and I got way to attatched. Lost one of them. So I went to geriatrics. Lost some of those patients but it was a little easier than the emotions of dealing with kids. Then I went back to kids and lost one the first year in a house fire!!! Like to have killed me. I almost changed jobs again. I deal with the emotions a little better now. Tried to save all the kids. Tried to make sure they all had new clothes or shoes without holes. I am doing better with that too except in severe cases and I still have to rescue. I love working with kids now except when a crisis is going on. They are so funny and so unpredicatable. Keeps me young. Love all the hugs everyday. Lets me know I must not be a complete grouch! Ha! Ha!

OK ----- Drum roll ------------- I am in the 180's----------Yeah!!!!! Just barely but by golly it gave me chills when I saw the scale. I had to get off and get on it again. Thought it had to be wrong!!!! Yeah!

Got to run pack. Leaving early in the morning and have a full afternoon and evening. The weight loss will definately be incentive for me to try to stay close to plan while on my retreat! You folks have a wonderful weekend. I'll catch up with you on Monday!

Joni135
09-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Nicole's probably gone...let's talk about her!! HAHA

Karen - congrats on Baby Bryden Christopher

Felicia - my prayers go out to the family in need. I hope there is family around that can help out. I lost both my parents by the age of 5, but my sister and I were raised by my wonderful grandmother and my brother was raised by my aunt and her husband (which wasn't, apparently, as wonderful as my upbringing). I turned out okay and in all honesty, I handled that stuff better as a toddler than I do now. Life is truly a gift.

Hi Liza - congrats on the two pounds....so, I guess you'll be heading to LA soon with your daughter (as in Lemons Anonymous)...HAHAHA.

Barb - I'm all for the laser hair removal - I've had about 3 or 4 done for my chin/face. I did this because I don't want to be sitting in a nursing home 30 years from now with some long hair sticking out of my chin that either I couldn't see or that nobody plucks out.

Dan - funny what you said about kids. This generation needs P.E. class more than anything and here in Georgia, they've just about eliminated all the PE classes for the kids. This morning I was surprised to see that a lot of the kids waiting for the school buses were by themselves at the end of their own driveways. Why can't these kids all congregate in one area...oh...that would mean they would have to walk about a block!

chiquita623
09-27-2007, 02:31 PM
OK Everyone - since I got so tired out from doing the happy dance for Kimberly and Felicia it seems to have worked some of my poundage right off. Just got back from WI and I'm down 2 pounds. I'm so excited. Kind of renews my hope and belief that I can do this. They also told me when I lose 5 more pounds they are moving me to the green plan until I get to goal weight and that it is a lot less food. They wouldn't give me any more specifics than that. Don't know if I'm looking forward to that or not!!

Felicia - I will keep this family in my prayers. That is such a tragedy.

Hope everyone is having a great POP day. I'll be back later.

Heather115
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Heather!!!! Glad to see a post from you, hope work slows down soon! You up for a cup of coffee with me and Kim???

Sure thing! Now to find a time...how are Monday evenings for you girls? My DH will be on duty at the fire dept. this Monday, the 1st, and those are the best days for me to plan anything for myself. :) Let me know, Kims...and Krista, too, if you feel like coming out to Blount Co. to meet some other losers!

KSingleton
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks for inviting me! I'm not sure about my schedule right now. We just started an exercize group at my church and we are meeting on Monday nights, but we've talked about moving it to Tuesdays. I'll let you guys know.

BarbaraB
09-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Kim#3, congrats, I remember seeing the 180's for the first time in years and years, and it was wonderful. I didn't last long in the 180's though, so hope you experience that the same way (OK at the time it seemed to take a long time, but looking back it was just fast). Weight loss always seems must faster in retrospect than when you are going through it. Plan #3 seems to be working for you.

Karen, You are definitely too young to have 6 grand children already! You must have had your own babies very early to have fit that in already, as I recall you are close to my age, and I am definitely too young.

Liza, Well, it takes awhile for the laser stuff to work... You get the hair treated and it falls out 1-2 weeks later... So I'm not exactly ready for any pictures. It is 5 treatments 8 weeks apart, so it will be almost a year before I see how it turns out in the end. The chemical peel, now that is an instant improvement thing. It is really like a super exfoliant and your skin ends up being all smooth and fresh looking. I don't expect that the effects last all that long, kind of like microderm abrasion. You look good and glowing for a few weeks. The face laser, well that is the most exciting thing, as they say that can take the redness out of your face, remove age spots and wrinkles, improve the texture of your skin, and generally turn back the clock. So I'm excited to see how that works. If I just lose a little redness in my face and my skin looks a little smoother, that will be great.

Felicia, How sad! My nephew lost his father about 2 years ago. That has been sad, and makes the remaining parent so much more important. I hope there is loving family ready to move in and take the children. I know I am the who would take over should something happen to my sister. Kind of scary to imagine, as after a child has lost both parents, there is trauma and more to deal with. My nephew is also 16 and 6 foot 6 and a big boy who lifts weights... So taking on an angry young man would be a little scary, but I would do all I could for him. I would be devastated to lose my sister too. So now I just nag her a lot about taking care of herself. LOL. and not because I don't want to deal with my nephew either.

LizzyW
09-27-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey all,

Laurie - let me know what is on the green plan because I probably should be on that one by now. I have 18lbs to go until goal and wondering if the gold plan just isnt working anymore. I don't do the lites anymore so can I still do green or I wonder if there is a different plan for that.

Anyway, spent the morning installing software. Boy what fun that was. And now I have to upload data to a database. Wooopiiiieeee!! Guess I had better get to that. Needs to be done by end of today. Talk toyou all later.

liz

Lynx
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Felicia, Kimberly, Kim #3 and Liza, congratulations on your loses.
Also Felicia, I am so touched by the story of the young boy and his family. I hope that there are close family members to step in to raise the children.
Amy, I hope you are feeling better.
Carrie – regarding your stall while on Plan 3. Here are my suggestions. Don't skip any food category servings on the plan, but short change the serving amount of the starches. Don’t eat the full serving amount. One of my counselors even confirmed this for me. Example – fiber one cereal. Instead of ¾ cup, eat ½ cup or 2/3 cup. Next, go back to thinking about a bread starch as being between 40-50 calories not 100 calories each. Example – instead of 2 slices of light bread being one starch, count it as 2. Light hamburger bun – 2 starches. Try to incorporate the natural starches - starchy vegetables more into your meal plans so that your body has to handle less of the bread starches. Be careful with the cheeses since the fat requirement is so low for hard cheeses (less than 3 grams of fat per ounce). Make sure you get your daily fat allowance. Our bodies need some added fat to burn fat. You might want to enter your daily food intake into fitday or a similar site. I did that for a while when I had stalled on red. Lastly, eat a variety of foods to keep your body guessing. I am assuming that you are not hungry on Plan 3. If you are, I am giving you the wrong advice because then it would seem you need more food, not less.

started LAWL 12/27/06
week 38
franchise center
Plan 2 with lites start 7/28
total lost 47 lbs.

Lynx
09-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Oh Karen, I meant to add congratulations on your new grandson.

started LAWL 12/27/06
week 38
franchise center
Plan 2 with lites start 7/28
total lost 47 lbs.

healthy2b
09-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Lynn- thanks for the advice and I will apply it immediately...I hope that it will help!

Karen - congratulations on the new grandbaby.....aren't they GREAT!

Kim 3 -:carrot: 180's :carrot: WTG

Joni - you crack me up....

WTH- doing away with PE classes...have they lost their minds....I think kids today really need those classes because when they get home they just want to play video games instead of riding bikes or playing ball like we did when we were kids....

Laurie - congrats on the 2 lb loss :carrot:

It's raining really hard here right now....My office is in the back of the building with no windows but I can hear the thunder and the rain. It sound so nice....I'd love to be at home curled up with a good book right now.

chiquita623
09-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Liz - I'll let you know as soon as they move me. Of course that means I have to get rid of 5 pounds first. They told me that should only take a couple of weeks. Yea right!! It took me a month to lose 2 pounds so I'm a little skeptical right now but willing to give it my all.

Thanks everyone for the support and good wishes about my loss. That means more to me than anything my COD could tell me!! You guys are the best.

BarbaraB
09-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Joni, You made me laugh, since I have also seen some scary old ladies with long chin hairs and not the eye sight to pluck them. That and the ad on the radio said it doesn't work once they turn gray or white. So seeing the first gray hair on my head and having my eye sight suddenly get bad this year scared me to the laser hair removal place.

Liz, they kept me on Gold even below 165. So I don't know exactly when they switch you over to different plans. I think it might depend on height,
weight and age. Also they took into consideration amount of exercise. Also when you stalled, although perhaps you've stalled from getting in better shape due to the exercise. I found exercise stalled the scale but not the fat loss. Have you shrunk lately? I think you mentioned lately about fitting into smaller pants. Sometimes the scale is a bad judge of progress.

amylou7777
09-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Hi all, just checking in.
This cold is really knocking me off of my feet. I took a half day off, but am at school now struggling to keep up. Luckily I will have the weekend to recoup and catch up on reading etc. Haven't been this sick in a while...but thank you all for the well wishes! I know I will be feeling better soon (I hope)

Felicia- what a tragic story about the boy at your school. I cannot begin to imagine what the family is going through. Sending lots of thoughts and prayers their way.

Not a lot of time to catch up, trying to get work done for class.
But thank you all for thinking of me and I hope everyone had a great day!

Congrats to all of the losers!!

Joni135
09-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Amy - hope the weekend has you on the mend....uh....are your classmates spraying lysol around the room??? Heck, I'm sure someone there gave you your cold, you're just paying them back!

Carrie - meant to tell you I think you look great in that avatar picture. I know you said it's 15 years old, but I bet it just seems like yesterday.

bayoubelle68
09-27-2007, 07:28 PM
I asked my co-worker a little bit more about the little boy I told you about. He has a 4-year-old brother and a 3-year-old sister. He also has a 17-year-old sister and a 19-year-old sister who is married and just had a baby. She and her husband have already signed the paperwork to take guardianship of the younger children when the time comes. I can't imagine being that young and having an instant family thrust upon you! Thanks so much for the prayers and thoughts for this family.

Meanwhile, I have felt like crap most of the day! I've had - shall we say - stomach issues. Try teaching 2nd graders while trying to keep your cheeks squeezed together until you can run down the hall to the bathroom!! I'm usually a camel and don't go to the bathroom except during our P.E. time at 11:15, so the co-worker down the hall kept asking if I was okay every time I would throw her door open and whisper, "Can you listen for my kids for a minute?" One little girl in my room enjoyed it because she got to be the monitor and write names on the board while I was out. She even came up at the end of the day and asked in a hopeful voice, "Mrs. Pate, do you think you're not going to feel good again tomorrow, because I can be the monitor again if you need me to!" They all LOVE to be the snitch at this age. I made it through the day, thank goodness, and hopefully the worst is over! I would rather go to school sick than to write plans for a sub!

Repo girl
09-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Hehe, oh, Felicia, I hope that you feel better tomorrow! Funny story though.

BarbaraB
09-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Amy Lou, hope you feel better soon! Don't let an illness get you very far off track. I'm so bad when I'm not feeling well. I'm still trying to get the weight back off from a cold that I had the first week of September, and now that October is starting, I'm just mad at myself for not trying harder. Ice cream does not cure sniffles. (despite my repeated attempts to get it to work).

Oh Felicia, what an awful, awful thing. I feel so badly for the entire family. I just hope and pray that the father has a little life left in him yet, and that the community reaches out and supports a family in such obvious crisis.
I hope your stomach settles down. Those kind of things usually pass quickly.

I'm feeling guilty for eating pizza at lunch today... I ate 3 pieces. What was I thinking! Second big office lunch of the week. Just because the company paid for it, doesn't mean I need to eat so much of it! My office always has the best free food too. Nothing easy to say no to. Today it was gourmet pizza's in flavors that I'd never tried before. Hence, 3 pieces, and it was all really good. At least I had a lot of salad too...

zambejaly5
09-28-2007, 09:44 AM
(ok for those keeping track, My Nutrisystem food came yesterday, and I started today, yummy breakfast..... and I am really excited to do this thing! )

Miss you already Nicole!

JLem311
09-28-2007, 09:50 AM
morning everyone. going to COD today since i was so busy last week that i didn't have time to go. i'm showing that i gained a pound. :( i'm getting a bit frustrated since i'm pretty much been stall for a while. i lost 3lbs when i got back from my trip a few weeks ago, but i've barely lost anything since i started this new plan. i really like it too, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. i did go off of the bars, so that could be a contributing factor as well. not sure what to do. i'm trying to get an appointment to see this dietician that i met while i was working one day last week...so we'll see if anything comes of that.

anyways, i'm gonna go and WI then we're off to MYRTLE BEACH! for our honeymoon (our 1yr anniversary is tomorrow!) and since we eloped and never really celebrated, we're doing that this weekend. :)

hope everyone is doing well. i might check in after COD today, we're not leaving til around noon.
enjoy you're friday and weekend everyone!

healthy2b
09-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Good morning all......

Joni-thanks-that is one of my most treasured pictures - Dad passed 2 years ago and I miss him terribly

Felicia - I hope your feeling better today

Amylou-hang in th ere - the weekend is almost here and you can get some rest and recooperate

Barbara- don't feel too bad about the pizza-sometimes we just have to indulge- main thing is to get back on track today

Lettie - I'm so glad to hear that breakfast was yummy - my Mom tried Nutri-systems a couple of years ago and said the food was just terrible which surprised me because she eats anything and never complains-I heard they cahnged their food a few months ago or maybe it was over a year ago now, so I was interested to hear how it was going-keep us updated.

Jillian-have fun on your honeymoon:)

I am so glad that it is Friday! DS is coming home from school today to visit and it seems like it's been forever since I have seen him. COD changed me to LA Express for a few weeks to see if that doesn't help me start to lose...I was on Free to LIve and I didn't even know there was a different level. This is a new girl at the COD and she said that when the new plan came out that I should have been started on the LA Express for four weeks then switched the Free to LIve.....so we'll see if it helps. Did anyone else start and one then switch to the other?

JLem311
09-28-2007, 11:28 AM
ok, so i'm back from my COD visit and i'm a bit mad. i told them how frustrated i was and that i haven't lost much in the past 2 months since i've been on the new plans and they pretty much didn't listen to me at all. i was told that if i'm not down on my next WI that i'd have to do a TO.
uhhh..sorry. not gonna happen. i don't like doing them because i barely lose, and then i gain it back. it's not worth it to me. i'm not losing well at all and they pretty much blew me off. that's the first time that's happened to me and that i've left my COD pissed. i hate that i'm losing so slow and that they could care less right now. i know that plateau's happen--but they offered nothing except something that will make them money. ugh.

ok, done with my rant. i've been very satisfied with my COD up until now. i know that there is tons of info on here on how to get over a plateau--so i will have to search for that info and do a bit of reading.

i decided to switch back to doing the bars--my luna bars not theirs, so now i'm on plan 3. hopefully something works for me.

thanks for listening. :)

JLem311
09-28-2007, 11:31 AM
oh and i forgot to mention--to felicia, congrats on making into the 2's and to Lettie--good luck with nutrisystem, i've heard lots of good things about it!

healthy2b
09-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Jillian- I am having the same response at my COD.....I won't do TO again either for the same reasons....I don't like paying for their juice and then for what...I don't ever lose anything on TO....hang in there and keep trying:)

lizababe
09-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Hiya everyone!

Joni- will you be joining us at LA? I'm Liza and I'm a lemonholic.

Carrie - I'm on the LA Express right now. I saw my 2lb weight loss after TO so we'll see how the new plan is, it's my first week on it. So far home sclae doesn't show any change after 4 days and I have a WI today.

So, our power went out yesterday morning at 6AM and STILL isn't on. That means all of the food in the fridge went bad and I'm miffed about that. When I got home last night my neighbors were cooking up hamburgers for everyone and it was that or heating up water and having oatmeal for dinner. I opted for the burger with no dressing. COD isn't going to like that but oh well I guess. The LA Express is limited during the first 4 weeks and those limits include no red meat or alcohol.

Oh, I had a beer too. Oops.

Felicia - I hope your tummy is better today. At least you weren't stuck in traffic while that was going on....

amylou7777
09-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Good morning all!

I am FINALLY feeling somewhat back to normal. Still stuffed up but at least I feel like I can move and get out of bed.
Joni- I sat as far away from everyone as I could in class yesterday. And yes, I did get this from one of my dear classmates....not too happy about that.

Barbara- I've been doing pretty good as far as food goes. I did have soup and saltines on wed which I tried to count, but I know that was too much salt, so I've been good yesterday and today. Luckily I haven't been digging into the ice cream!!

Jillian-have a great time in MB! Congrats on your anniversary!
also, for you and Carrie,
Try the 5 day plateau buster. It is much easier to do than TO and it really worked for me. I hope things get moving again soon! I've been losing much slower than normal lately but I've also have not been eating as well since school started.

Felicia-you poor thing! I hope you feel better soon.

Liza- I hope your power is back on soon!

Ok, going to try to make an appearance at work and hole myself up so I don't expose anyone else to this horrible cold.

TGIF everyone!

Dan2112
09-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Morning gang..

Liza - hope you'll be powered soon.. Outages suck!! Don't feel too bad about drinking the beer.. I mean, you couldn't let it get warm, could you? It HAD to be drunk so it could serve its frosty purposes...

I'm taking a well deserved (at least in my mind) day off today... Of course, there's plenty to do around the house, like finish cleaning the garage... We need the space because Liz went and bought a new pickup truck last night.. It's a 2007 Nissan Frontier.. It's a very nice vehicle and will serve us well, I'm sure.. I'm a bit sad to say goodbye to her Mitsubishi Montero Sport, as it was a fun little SUV, but we've been wanting a pickup for a long time now...

Have a POP day!!

zambejaly5
09-28-2007, 01:04 PM
mmmmm new car smell! I love that! good for you Liz!

bayoubelle68
09-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys. I am feeling much better. My little monitor was disappointed this morning when I told her that I was well!

I am SO ready for the weekend! DS and I have to go to Walmart after school for groceries. I hate doing that! Friday evenings mean that our Walmart is PACKED! But we're out of almost everything, so it's a necessary evil.

Have I ever told y'all the secret of drinking all the water you need, whether you want to or not? Here's my secret: I assigned two little girls in my room to be my "water fairies." They not only fill my bottle when necessary, they will also bring my bottle to me whenever I stray too far from it. They are constantly shoving that bottle in my face! And they will both say (in the middle of class) "Mrs. Pate, where's your water?" "Mrs. Pate, you still have two more bottles to go. You'd better get to drinking!" "Come on, Mrs. Pate. You know it's good for you!"

I'm thinking that they are no longer "water fairies." They've turned into Water ****s!!! LOL!

BarbaraB
09-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Dan and Lizzy, It is nice to have a pickup. It just comes in handy. Always exciting to get a new vehicle and this time of year there are usually good deals.

Carrie, That is a nice picture. Your dad has a nice smile, like he had a good sense of humor. Hopefully the changes to your plan help get the scale moving back down again. I think I'm over the pizza thing. If I was not trying to cut back to my weight loss plan, I would still have been on plan for what I was allowed for maintenance. So I'll cut myself a little slack. I'm thinking I might need the plateau buster too to get my weight back to goal. Perhaps we should do a group plateau buster.

Amy, You are so good to stick with the plan when you are sick. A little salty soup is not going to cause a long term gain. Soup is usually fairly low in calories. I made home made chicken soup on Tuesday, and had left overs for lunch the other day too, but I know you don't have the time or energy when you are sick and school moves on. What are you studying? I went to CSU, Chico, which is not far from Sacramento. My husband was a California boy, and I think he would move to Sacramento in a heartbeat. I worked one summer in Roseville at HP, and I liked it there, even though it was a really hot summer that year.

Liza, I hope your power goes back on soon. Once ours was off for over 4 days. The power company sent us a check for 200$ to replace food, which I thought was nice, but still... it is expensive to throw out everything in the fridge and start again. Hopefully there wasn't a lot in there. Oh well, the counselors might give you a harder time because you are the celebrity spokesperson and all. The rest of us they just tell to get back on track and be patient... well mostly.

Jilliian, you've done so well. It has not been that long since you had the 3 pound drop. You never know when there is another drop like that about to happen, so don't get too discouraged. Well, I truly understand.. I was really hoping that the few pounds I gained on vacation would just drop off really easy, but they've clung tenaciously to me and refuse to budge, and I did 2 TO's.

I better go and get some work done!
Here's to a POP day and weekend for all of us and to some busting of the plateaus

healthy2b
09-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Liz and Dan-I love those Nissan Frontiers.....I'm a Nissan person though, my last three vehicles were Nissans....Congrats and enjoy!

healthy2b
09-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Oh....what is the 5 day plateau buster?....noone has ever said anything to me about it.

bradleys mom
09-28-2007, 02:49 PM
Felicia I am LMBO @ water ****s!! That is soooo cute!!! My ds is not quite old enough to do that yet, but what a good idea!

I wieghed in today and was down another .6 so that brought my total to 4.6 this week! WOW!

Hey Knoxville area gals!!! I'll be in your territory tomorrow! We are taking DS to the Knoxville Zoo!
Hope everyone has a GREAT POP weekend! I am so motivated after this past week!! :)

BarbaraB
09-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Carrie, I'm not sure what the plateau buster is, but I think I need to do it.
Does anyone know?

Kimberly, That is an awesome week! Like something out of the Biggest Loser.

Felicia, I need a water ****!

BarbaraB
09-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Carrie, I found a description of the plateau buster in the newbies thread. In a nutshell it is eliminate all condiments and frozen food and restaurant food. Limit protein to fish, chicken and veal, and also limit the starch choices too. I read one version, if you use bars, to go with one shake and one bar. Actually it is probably not very much different from your LA Express. I'm going to start 5 days of plateau busting tomorrow. Perhaps if I focus on that I can actually manage to stay POP for a weekend.

zambejaly5
09-28-2007, 09:26 PM
so what do you think Nicole is doing right now? still flying? eating saurbrauten? hee hee, miss ya nicole.

(like she is ever going to go back this far and catch up all the reading!)

does anyone remember how many days she was going to be gone?

ok got my first day done! it was pretty simple. and enjoyable. very doable. can't wait to see what the scale thinks about it all.

night night!

amylou7777
09-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi friends, I bumped up the plataeu breaker thread for those of you interested. I highly reccommend it. I'm sure they would rather you do a TO and buy the juice, but this one is free ;)

Made it through a day at work without feeling like death today! I've still got a pretty plugged up nose but I feel So much better.

Barbara-my little brother is at Chico now and loves it. We've gone up there a few times. I moved to Sac for law school. I'm still getting used to this area coming from souther ca, but I do love being close to SF. The heat this summer was not nearly as bad as last summer, but it still wears on you!

Felicia-glad you are feeling better! Love the water fairy idea. Your class sounds adorable.

It's awfully quiet around here without our post master Nicole. I'm sure she is having a great time. I think she was gone a full week? Not sure.

Lettie- so glad you are enjoying nutri system. How is hubby liking his new job?

We are dog sitting this week while DBF's mom is in Europe. Having 2 furkids running around really makes our house seem smaller! Luckily she's a good dog...it's our little rascal that we have to look out for. Should be a quiet weekend. I'm recovering and it looks like DBF will be coming down with my cold as well. I hope he doesn't get it as bad as I did...

Anyway, off to see what I can whip of for dinner. I w/i tomorrow and would really enjoy seeing a big ol loss!

Joni135
09-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Why am I amused that Liz (Dan's Liz) was the one to go out and buy the pick up?

Felicia - glad you (and Amy) are on the mend. Love your water fairies turned **** story.

Liza - Got Power?

lizababe
09-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Hiya Everyone!

Joni - I do have power now thank goodness! I was one grumpy woman over that. 24 hours of no power because two companies had to play the blame game with each other then stomped their feet, packed up their toys and went back to their own sandboxes. Meanwhile our sandbox had to live by candlelight.

Amy and Felicia - I'm glad you're feeling better. Being sick definitely stinks. I think what I'm fighting off is allergies. We went from HOT weather to cold and humid and I've been sneezing with a sore throat for over a week.

Liz and Dan congrats on the new truck! How fun!

Lettie - congrats on continuing to find the right plan for you. I hope this one works out and am glad to hear your first day went well!

Busy weekend for me. Today is the day we clean up the 2 mile stretch of the highway we adopted where my friend and co-worker's daughter died in a car accident a couple of years ago. She makes it a big party with a bbq and all and lives on the most gorgeous ranch. She also welcomes dogs so I love bringing Buster. This is his chance a few times a year to run full force in the open country and stare at cattle. Then there's the bbq and people everywhere willing to feed those huge good boy brown eyes a little bit. I'm actually bringing a date too.. It's his birthday and he's following me around in boots and work gloves to clean trash off the highway. At least he'll get fed! Of course I have to be a pain about bringing the dog because we're taking his truck. He doesn't mind the dog hair but it's only a two seater so he pulled a bunch of stuff from behind the seats to make a little spot for Buster. I never pretended I'm easy to hang out with... you gotta put some effort into it!

I'm also on call for the chopper and there is a Chargers home game tomorrow. They haven't confirmed for me to fly over it but I'm waiting on that call.

Ok, time to shower up and give the dog his bath too. Wish me POP luck with the bbq!

zambejaly5
09-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Amy-- hubby is doing good. we just got the first paycheck today !! woohoo!!! and it was more then we expected. we weren't quite sure how much it would be after taxes, SS, insurance and such. I was afraid it wouldn't even be enough to make the house payment. we only get paid 2 times a months, so if the first check in the month doesn't cover the house payment that is due before we even get the second check...... it would have been bad. but the check was about $700 more then I expected! so we should be fine...... well, tight, but ok.......

Joni--- I found that amusing as well, hee hee, Dan didn't pick out a pickup?? Liz came home with one..... hmmm funny. but then I picked out our durango.... the years later I picked out the tahoe.... so I understand Liz!

Liza-- thanks! day two is going even better. I feel better than I have in ........ well, a long time! I can't wait til enough time has passed that I can actually move my ticker! it has been a very long time since I have done that too!

hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, catch ya later!

amylou7777
09-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Well I am down 2lbs today!!! I was so excited to see a nice big loss. Haven't had one in a while. I have been extra careful bc I didn't get much exercise with my cold this week, so I really watched what I was eating and it paid off...finally. I'm just shy of the big 40lb marker so that's my goal for tues weigh in!

Liza-so glad you have power. What a hassle. Who is this special date you are taking to the bbq?? Sounds fun! I hope your allergies get better soon. And I am sending POP thoughts your way for the BBQ!

Lettie-so glad things are looking up for you all around! You deserve it. My best friend's dad just started nutri system and has been very successful. I'm glad to hear you enjoy the food.

Hi Joni! Thanks for the well wishes!

Must go clean house and try to catch up on school work....have a happy Saturday all!

amylou7777
09-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Wow it's eeeeerily quiet around here without post master Nicole! I'm struggling trying to get homework done even though it's such a beautiful day outside!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

healthy2b
09-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Felicia and Amy - glad you two are feeling better

Barbara - thanks, I found the thread!

Liza - glad your power is back on....

Really quiet around here on the weekends.....DH and I went to the Texas A&M vs. Baylor game yesterday. We sat way up in the nose bleed section and had lots of ramps and steps to go up to get there. I was pleased that all the cardio has paid off because I wasn't too winded by the time we got there. There were plenty of people that I was feeling really bad for because they had to take lots of breaks while climbing those stairs.....that would of been me a couple of years ago. Killed two birds with one stone, got to go to the game and get my exercise in at the same time because we went up and down those stairs quite a few times going to the restroom, concession, etc. The bad thing is the right side of my neck and face are really sun burnt today due to the position of the sun and I didn't even realize I was burning. I look kind of striped today....ha..ha..