100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus: Sept 24-30

GirlyGirlSebas
09-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Hi Everyone and Happy Monday!

Today was weigh-in for me and I went up .6 of a pound. I guess Saturday's day of overeating caught up with me quickly. I'm very aggravated with myself, but I hopped right back on-plan yesterday and I'm determined to lose this week. What is really crazy is my scales show that my body fat percentage went down...from 51% to 49%. The measuring tape is not showing any recent changes, but maybe my body is getting more solid? I can only hope! I wonder what would happen if I started using my resistance bands? Hmmm.

My goals for today and this week: Begin tracking my calories intake again. I'm staying on-plan, but I might be accidentally overeating. Also, I will do 60 minutes of cardio a day. I did workout for two days last week, but that's not nearly enough.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

hellokitty81668
09-24-2007, 08:53 AM
good morning all,
I had a rough past 3 days, Saturday was the worst, things were better yesterday, but I still was off my calorie intake by 200 calories. Today I will do better, the house is empty so I have no stress, and I am getting ready to exercise. My stomach is paying me back for eating bad, I feel horrible, tired, bloated, aches. I do not feel good, and overeating is not worth this, so it stopped yesterday!! Today I will eat as follows:
Bkfst.. Kashi go lean cereal , skim milk, grapefruit juice.
Lunch ....... 2 veggie dogs 2 pieces of flax/whole wheat bread
Dinner...... I am not too sure, either 2 eggs, or a morning star spicy veg. chick patty. with veggies.
Snacks .. blackberries, bananas, fat free yogurt... tlc bar
I will not go off plan today!!
cheryl

cara1980
09-24-2007, 09:19 AM
I have not joined in on the accountability threads before but maybe this will help me.

Saturday I did really good but Sunday mindless snacking on dry cereal helped me put back on 2lbs I had lost. Today for breakfast I have FF vanilla pudding with Kashi go lean crunch and coffee, for lunch I have steamed veggies with shrimp and sweet and sour sauce. Not sure what I'll do about dinner yet b/c my kitchen has been packed up for over a week now.

royalsfan1
09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
Happy Monday, ladies.

I had a really good weekend. I stayed on plan and last night even fought through some really tough cravings! My husband had a little of what I was craving and when he started to kiss me goodnight I told him he had better brush his teeth first because I had stayed away from the crap all evening and if I tasted a little on him I'd be done....and I'd have to go eat it. hahha So, it was a tough fight but I did it!

Today I have lunch with a friend. Mondays I allow myself a maintenance level of calories...but I'm going to work at keeping those calories healthy fuel rather than empty crap.

Tonight, my daughter has piano lessons and my son has soccer practice and soccer pictures. So, dinner will be on the run. I've gotten pretty adept at sticking with those places that I can eat on plan, though, so I'm not too worried about it.

My hip has not hurt in about 4 days so I think before lunch I'm going to test it out and take myself for a walk. Wish me luck! :D

Have a great day, everyone. I'm so proud of us all!

mj5
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Good Morning! I cannot believe I am saying this again, but I am sick...sinus ickiness! I called in sick at work and feel incredibly guilty (why do I do this?? I am really sick and could not have dragged myself in today!). Oh well, what can I do? Today I will rest and drink my juice! Probably won't get any exercise in today--maybe a walk later, we'll see how I feel....

Rhonda--Thanks for starting us off again! That's funny, my hair stylist and I were just talking about body fat % the other day--he had lost, then gained 4 lbs, but his body fat % had dropped. Good luck w/ your cardio today!

cheryl--Good for you for getting right back on track!

Cara--welcome!

Tricia--That's awesome that you resisted your craving! Good luck on your walk today!

Today was my first 'official' Monday weigh in. The scale hasn't moved---which considering the way I ate on Friday, that is an accomplishment! It will go down from now on, though!

I am so proud of myself for my choice of late afternoon snack yesterday. I was SO hungry all of a sudden and even though it was close to dinner time, I decided I better have some sort of snack instead of waiting until dinner and taking the risk of stuffing myself. We have lots of not-so-good snacks in the house right now, which is uncommon for me, but none of them sounded good. I ended up having an apple. It was SO good!

Have a great on-plan day!

mj ;)

mj5
09-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I just checked last week's thread...

Nicole--We have two beagles. I spoil them like crazy!!! They are great dogs...one of them loves to sit w/ me at night and snuggle and gets a little droopy if I am not sitting in my chair so we can snuggle up together....it's a great way to make sure I sit down and relax for a while! I don't know about doing something at home that wouldn't hurt my foot. I'll ask my foot dr the next time I go. I SO hear you, the weekends seem to fly, but the rest of the week usually drags on and on...

CC--Glad you are not too sore!

Rakel--I am sure someone here will be able to offer advice on your eating plan. That is not my area of expertise!

mj ;)

LaurieDawn
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Accountability for yesterday - Calories were too low (711), but I have an excuse this time. I was having some stomach issues (think it was a bug, as I wasn't the only one), so I didn't really feel like eating until the evening when I started to feel a little better. Likewise, my exercise wasn't great (though I intend for Sunday to be my slow day anyway). I played a little tennis with my husband, but neither of us was feeling well, so it wasn't very strenuous exercise. However, I did start to feel better in the evening, and I walked for about three miles. So, not a typical on plan day, but when I did start to feel better, I was absolutely ravenous, but I kept it under control, slowly eating nutritious food until I felt satisfied. I know if I had binged, I might have been able to keep my total calories within reason for the whole day, but I would have done my body no favors.

Had a great weigh-in today. Nine pounds. I know much of that was water weight from eating some high-sodium foods the previous two weeks, but I'm so glad to see the troublesome 190s behind me! I AM FINALLY MORE THAN HALFWAY TO MY GOAL! I feel like much of my success came from the accountability on this thread and my declaration last week of how I would turn things around. So, I think I'll continue to post on this thread (and thanks for making it such a valuable thread, everyone!) and start this week off with a declaration again. Here it be:

Why I need to have a good week -

My serious weight loss problems began with delivering a stillborn baby on May 13, 1999 - my birthday. My most recent (and most effective) weight loss journey began on May 14, 2007, the day after my birthday. From 1999 to 2007, I gained about ten pounds a year. I calculated that out, and if I continued to gain weight at that rate, I would likely be completely immobile and confined to a bed within fifteen years. That would mean that I would miss my youngest daughter's graduation from high school, my children's weddings, the births of my grandbabies, and the opportunity to enjoy my husband again without the day-to-day responsibilities of parenthood. This is not what I wanted for my future.

During the first weeks of my journey, I made it a point to watch documentaries about the super-obese. I knew I was making a decision about whether or not I wanted that kind of life. These amazingly intelligent and talented people were almost always relegated to a bed or a wheelchair. Their chances at recovery were not good, as only a few clinics exist to assist people of their size. Family members were often held hostage to the needs of the bedridden. This was not the kind of life that I wanted for myself or my family. If I have a choice, I do not want my sons or daughters to have to roll me over in my bed because I can't move my massive weight even that much. And I do have a choice. I either make it now when it's easier to do the things that will help me live a long and healthy life, or I can make it hundreds of times harder and more painful by continuing to live in denial about the possibility of that ever happening to me.

I know I've come a long way from the weight I was when I started this journey. I feel like, with each passing day, I'm decreasing the likelihood of that kind of future. Yet, I also see glimpses of my previous bad habits rising to the surface and taking over. Prior to this past week, I had two consecutive weeks of gains. And the truth is that I was not out of control either week. I had days on both weeks (especially the Saturday of the second week) where I was out of control, but I was mostly on plan. The weight gain was incredibly fast, and I realized how close I still am to becoming so out of control that I would quickly destroy all of the work I had done, then add more weight, speeding up my pathway to a life spent in bed because of my weight.

I will make choices this week that will bring me closer to my goals and farther away from my vision of what my life might be if I let my weight go out of control. I recognize that each bad choices makes it easier to make additional bad choices, so I will try and avoid that first mistake. Yet, I also know that I will make mistakes, and it's my ability to make course corrections after those mistakes that has made all of the difference in succeeding this time. So, I will always keep in mind that even after the first bite, the second bite is not inevitable.

I will be here for my children when they are adults. I will be here for my grandchildren. I will be able to do all of the things with my husband that I have difficulty doing now. If we want to travel, I will be able to take an airplane without needing to buy an extra seat. If we want to sightsee, I will be able to hike to the sites. If we want to ride bikes from one coast to the other, I will be able to do that. It's the choices that I make now that will either open up future possibilities or begin to close them down. I will make the choices that will help ensure a wonderful future.

nicolen
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Morning everyone,

I have to admit I'm not very enthused about anything today. Not sure why, I'm just not feeling that enthused, and I've already started counting down till I get home tonight. Not a good sign, so hopefully my mood picks up.

Rakel, you've picked up on the obvious things about your diet - a little too much processed food and not enough fruit and veges. I aim for 1 - 2 serves of fruit a day and 4 - 5 veges. Vege sticks with hummus, soups, stirfries - all are great ways to add extra veges into your diet.

As an aside, are those prepackaged Lean Cuisine type meals unbelieveably cheap in the US? Here, one of those kind of meals would cost about $5 - $8 depending on the brand and depending on whether it was on special at the supermarket. I usually have one in my freezer for those nights I don't want to cook, but I can't afford to have them more than about once a week or so, yet a lot of people here have them every day. Interesting...

Go Rhonda! I know you'll be fantastic at getting back onto track.

Go, Cheryl. It's hard to resist when the house is full of junk. One of the advantages of living alone is that I control what food comes into the house. Not as easy when you live with others, though...

MJ, hope you're feeling better soon! Take it easy (and cuddle those dogs, of course!).

Take care everyone! :hug:

Slashnl
09-24-2007, 03:06 PM
I had an ok weekend. Not much for exercise, but tried to watch what I was eating. I won't mention my water intake because it wasn't good. I was really crabby yesterday (feeling overwhelmed, under appreciated, etc), so that didn't help.

I'm just trying to break out of the funk today and do better this ENTIRE week!

CLCSC145
09-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Well, not a great Sunday after not a great Saturday. I haven't felt like that in a long time. I'm aiming for a much better Monday.

Take care all,

rakel
09-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Rakel, you've picked up on the obvious things about your diet - a little too much processed food and not enough fruit and veges. I aim for 1 - 2 serves of fruit a day and 4 - 5 veges. Vege sticks with hummus, soups, stirfries - all are great ways to add extra veges into your diet. Yeah! It's so obvious when I just look at it aside from the calorie count. I need to do that more often. Plus the week before there were a few days when I grossly went over so I guess I can see where all of my frustration was coming from. Thanks for suggesting that I post it here because it really did help me analyze it more than I have been.

As an aside, are those prepackaged Lean Cuisine type meals unbelieveably cheap in the US? Here, one of those kind of meals would cost about $5 - $8 depending on the brand and depending on whether it was on special at the supermarket. I usually have one in my freezer for those nights I don't want to cook, but I can't afford to have them more than about once a week or so, yet a lot of people here have them every day. Interesting...

:P I guess so! I pick up a ton when they are on sale. Not too long ago (and maybe it's still going on) Albertsons had a 4 for $10 sale going on. They are usually not much higher than that though, really. I never seen them over $5. Usually right in the $3 to $4 range. Mostly somewhere like $3.50. Albertons always spits out a $1 off coupon off 5, but I never remember to use them *shrug*

On the good side, the scale dropped another .5 pound, so I'm going to update my ticker! However, my food wasn't that great yesterday, but I did not overeat, and I did not feel hungry! I'm not sure what my final calorie total was because I went out with John and ordered a shrimp stir fry with fried rice. The stirfry probably wasn't that bad, it was mostly peppers with a few pieces of shrimp, but the fried rice... well, I'm sure it was full of calories. I didn't finish it, but I figure the worst even though I didn't eat all of it (one good thing is that I am learning that I don't *HAVE* to finish everything on my plate especially at restaurants).

I analyzed the past two weeks with John, and he pointed out that I have been very stressed and my sleeping has been very spotty, often staying up past 5am, and getting up anywhere from 12pm to 3pm, which is not too bad as far as how long I sleep, but sometimes I did not actually get into bed until 7am, 8am. BUT it's important that we get enough Vitamin D from the sunlight, and I'm not up during the day much, and when I am, I'm not going outside, so I think it's making me a little depressed (actually, I KNOW I am a little depressed)... combine that with less-than-desirable eating at some points, and flat out "off plan", skipping some exercise (though getting back on track) ... the fact that I haven't really been losing anything off my goal for two weeks starts to make more sense, and because of that I can take actions to remedy that.

Laurie I am INSPIRED by you, and I know that you will get back on track. I've watched those super obese programs too... with the same thing, "this is going to be me if I don't do something."

LaurieDawn
09-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Rakel - Thank you for your kind words. I do feel like I'm back on track, but I am so incredibly aware that it's still a very quick trip for me to being completely out of control. So maybe once a week, at least for a while, I want to write something that will give me focus for the upcoming week. It seemed to work last week, when I really needed to recover from some bad habits creeping back in, so I like to stick with what works. BTW, I also have terribly inconsistent sleeping habits. I really think that contract work does that to a person.

rakel
09-24-2007, 07:53 PM
OH! AND WELCOME CARA! :D Glad you could join us :)

Laurie Definitely! Whatever helps you stay on plan :D Good luck!

rakel
09-24-2007, 11:14 PM
Alright guys, just got back from my exercise. I must say, the weight room at our apt complex has big mirrors on the walls... and I was not liking them very much at all... what brutal honesty! I almost felt like sobbing but I put that energy into working out instead... I guess that is what they are there for? I rode the bike for 20 minutes and burned "300" calories. I was planning on doing a full 30, but changed my mind once I started getting bored, so I don't know my average HR but I'm guessing it was probably around 133, as that I was not being too ambitious. Then I walked for another 20 minutes and burned "200" calories... and then I was going to do the stair stepper thingie for another 10 but... that think totally kicked my butt. I lasted about 3 minutes until my legs just wanted to die and I left, lol. Towards the end, a girl and a guy came in, the girl was short and a little overweight, she was reading a book while she was on the bike. I was listening to music, but I kept feeling like I should try and talk to her, but no, I am shy. If I see her again I'm going to talk to her. She looks about my age and... well I moved here about 2 years ago and still don't have many friends so what would it hurt? I wish I wasn't so shy/antisocial/whatever!

Anyway, hope you guys survived the weekend and had a great on-plan Monday!

LaurieDawn
09-25-2007, 03:06 AM
CC - Been thinking about you all day. The weekends are really a curse to staying on plan. I think all of us struggle with them to some degree. I am sorry they got the best of you this weekend, but I am confident that you'll have good news about how Monday went.

Cheryl - Wow! You and CC are two of the most consistent and reliable on-planners I know, so to have both of suffer momentary setbacks at the same time is quite a coincidence. I just know that you'll report a positive result for Monday as well, though.

Rhonda - Those meals happen to me, too. It's so easy to fall prey to the "just a bite" syndrome. Still, though, you had a loss for the week. So close to the 30-pound milestone, which I think is a HUGE one.

Diane - Can't wait to hear that you've broken out of your funk as well. The eating is the hardest part for me on the weekend, so great job on that. The exercise and water will be there this week, I'm sure.

Cara - Glad to have you here!

MJ - Hope you feel better soon.

Nicole - I find the pre-packaged meals to be a bit much for my budget here as well, though I'm not sure how Australian dollars translate to U.S. dollars. Hope your mood lifted and you had a great day!

Rakel - That Stairstepper is a monster, isn't it? It took me four months to be brave enough to challenge it. Stepping outside your comfort zone is so good for you, so I hope you're brave enough to talk to a gymmate or two.

My accountability for Monday - Good day exercise-wise. It was raining pretty hard, so I wasn't sure if I would get in an evening walk/run. So, I hit the gym fairly hard. 15 minutes on the Stairstepper, 33 on the elliptical, 20 on the stationary bike. I also rode my bike for errands - three miles or so. Then, the rain let up enough for me to decide I would run. I kept making excuses to myself for what I would say when I posted a total of just 1 mile, then just 2 miles, etc. But I really didn't want to post less than four miles, so I just kept pushing myself until I made it. I did wear my $10 Wal-Mart "running shoes," though, as I didn't want to ruin my nice running shoes in the muddy ground, so my feet and back were starting to hurt by about 3.5 miles. My calories for the day total 900, and I'm tired of making excuses for it. I don't know why I can't force myself to eat at least 1200 calories on most days. I will try and eat again tonight, but I am up against a deadline (and probably spending too much time here avoiding the project), and will likely be up all night working on it, and I get sick when I eat when I'm not sleeping at all. This is not related to the weight loss issue, by the way - just a habit I developed years ago in college with the all-nighters. So, I don't know. If I can't get it improved in the next few weeks and I am making a genuine effort, I may start going back to my therapist, as I don't want my overeating issues to turn to anorexic ones. **SIGH** I'm still waiting for this to be easy...

rakel
09-25-2007, 04:12 AM
Since I am a posting monster, I thought I'd post my menu for today. It's not 100% perfect yet, but I am happy that I made some improvements... and actually, I came under by 70 calories, and don't feel like eating another bite (though I should try and get to bed by 5am today!). I guess technically this is like 4 meals and a snack, but I tried just eating a little here and there rather than having big meals at a time, and I think this actually works really well for me! .... as long as I can stay away from the chocolate, which, I don't buy it... John's mom did for a treat. I feel bad because I ate it when I'm trying to limit that, but once it's gone, it's gone and there won't be anymore for a good WHILE, which, most of it is gone now thanks to my chocolate indulgences lately :P

almonds (1/2 serving) - 85
peach - 61

kung pao shrimp (leftovers, not very much left, about 3 medium size shrimp, some bell peppers and maybe 2 tbsps of fried rice) - approx 300

pudding - 60
peanut butter - 95

reduced fat hot dog - 45
bun - 110
onion relish & bbq (1/2 serving) - 45

pretzels (1/2 serving) - 55
spreadable cheese - 30

dark chocolate (I SHOULDN'T HAVE EATEN THIS!!! BAD RAKEL) - 220

salad:
lettuce - 8
tomato - 6
onions - 6
broccoli - 30
dressing - 25

spicy black bean burger - 140
small tortilla - 81
toppings (1tsp salsa, lettuce, tomato, onion & 1tsp of shredded cheddar cheese) - 30

total: 1432

overall, I feel satisfied... and I got the morningstar spicy black bean patties due to some suggestions on 3FC and man, they are TASTY! They work really well in a tortilla too! I also got the "pizza" one with tomato & basil... sounds delish :) I need to go to the store tomorrow to get some water, I may pick up some skim mozzarella to have with it :)

hellokitty81668
09-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Good Morning all,
thanks for all the encouragement, I really appreciate it.
Rakel don't you just love dark chocolate? Laurie I am glad you reconize that eating so little calories can lead to a problem, I know you can over come it..
I stayed on plan yesterday, :carrot: ate more fruit then I wanted too, but better to eat more fruit, then more junk food.
I don't know anyone else, but yesterday and a little bit today , I feel like I am hungover, I guess this is the effect of going way of plan , I am tired, nauseous, stomach aches, ect... I don't ever want to go off plan again, and feel like this. Tomorrow is weigh in day for me, and I will accept whatever happens, because if I have a gain, I won't like it, but it is the result of the weekend, and I know I will do better next week at weigh in.
I am going to exercise at 8 am,
food will be like this today:
bkfst--- Kashi go lean crunch cereal, skim milk, grapefruit juice
Lunch 2 veggie dogs, mustard 2 wwh breads
dinner ?? I am not sure. I am making shrimp Jambalaya for the kids, but feeling kind of quesy for any kind of food right now. maybe hummus, maybe eggs, I dont' know.
snacks......... Kashi Tlc bar, fat free yogurt with blueberries
I hope you all have a great on plan day.
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
09-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Good morning, Everyone. Just a brief post before I get started on my project....the deadline is noon today and I'm just a tad stressed. My sinus issues are back again...with a vengeance! I'm sorry to say that I'm not handling the stress very well. I went off-plan again yesterday afternoon and I'm feeling a bit discouraged...the doubts are creeping in. I really think that a lot of my issue right now is the sinus medicine. Has anybody else noticed that it makes you feel a bit depressed? But, I'm trying to get back on-plan today and I'm planning on having a great day.

Slashnl
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Burned the day yesterday. I admit it. I went out to lunch with a friend and that wasn't the best thing to do. Sometimes I am just too weak to do what is right! That's when I should tell my friend that I have to run errands or something. Live and learn once again.

Not a bad start to the day today, but I'm not sure that I'll be going walking at lunch time. I need to because I missed yesterday, but the weather isn't all that great here. If it doesn't rain, I need to go. I packed a good lunch, so that is good. And, as soon as I finish my morning coffee routine, I plan to work on drinking lots of water. I have to leave early today for my daughter's volleyball game, but that can't be an excuse not to drink water.

Must start being more disciplined!!!!! Christmas is 3 months from today and I have that little goal lurking! It can be done!!!

I hope everyone else has a great day!!

Rakel, you sound like you're really getting things dialed in. Good for you!

Hang in there Rhonda! Don't let the doubts creep in. I know you can do this, you've done so well already!

nicolen
09-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Morning everyone!

Still not enthused, but I didn't sleep too well last night. I meant to have a really early night last night and got distracted by the TV. TV stays off tonight and I'm having an early night.

CC, I'm sure you will have had a fantastic Monday and are going to have an even better Tuesday.

Rakel, sometimes writing something down makes it so very obvious, doesn't it? Your menu today looks divine - lots of my favourites there.

Laurie, the NZ dollar is currently worth about 74 US cents, but I find some of the things you guys post about as being expensive are really cheap here and vice versa. It's strange really. Reality is, my budget is so tight that I try and cut down where I can and buying as little prepackaged stuff as I can is the best way. Way to go on your Monday - you're certainly putting me to shame...

Cheryl, if I've had an off plan day - or a really off plan meal - I feel exactly the same way, bloated, nauseous etc. (Why can't I spell nauseous correctly without spellcheck? It's frustrating). I can't eat anything deep fried now - not that that's a bad thing...

Rhonda, you're doing so well. It's no wonder you're feeling a bit down with all the stress you're under. Here's hoping that there's less stress for the next while now that the project is done.

Go, Diane!

And welcome to Cara who I forgot to welcome yesterday!

Have a great day everyone! :hug:

CLCSC145
09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
It's regrouping, Get A Grip Day for me. After an atrocious weekend, I had an okay Monday until the evening. I could not get enough salt. Pickles, olives, cheese, and then bread. Ugh. It's got to stop. Today has been good so far and I'm trying to get back to a better frame of mind. All of a sudden, I just wanted food more than I wanted weight loss. Some of it was boredom, some loneliness, and some of it sadly was the thrill of giving in to temptation.

But no more this week! I went to the grocery store and stocked up on good stuff and seem to be hanging in there today. I hope everyone else is doing well and staying on track!! The alternative just feels too icky.

Take care, everybody!

rakel
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
cheryl -- more fruit is definitely better than a candy bar! I know what you mean by a "Food hungover" ... I always feel like that if I eat too close to going to bed. I'm still trying to figure out a good time to stop eating before I go to bed to avoid that. I don't even have to eat a lot of food, just if *ANYTHING* is in my stomach. ICH. ANYWAY, your menu looks great, you'll get back on track!

Rhonda -- ah, deadlines. I know you feel. Hopefully this is over for you now (it's 2:42pm eastern) and you can start to relax and have a great rest of the day! Hope your sinuses get better!

Slashnl -- *sigh* I know what you mean. Maybe beef up on some lunch options that won't throw you off plan? That way when life throws a restaurant your way you can tame the beast! I'm still working on this myself... it can be hard to make the "healthy choice" when you're tempted with all kinds of delicious descriptions and smells wafting from other peoples dinner plates.

nicolen -- blasted TV. I tried going to sleep at 5, so I could get up around 11:30 and not be totally wasted, but I didn't end up falling asleep until maybe 8. ARG. :(

I have been writing down everything I eat since July 31st, but to be honest I just haven't been that critical of it. My biggest accomplishment was that I came under my calories, and that may have worked for awhile, just the feat of eating less, but now that I've done this for awhile, I realize it's important to improve on the quality of things entering my mouth, and so far it's working! I can't hardly believe it, but I'm unequivocally down to 288, which is 1.5lbs from yesterday and my 20lb mark. Not only that, BUT I checked my waist measurements, and YESTERDAY it was 51.5. TODAY it is 49.5. WTF? IS THAT RIGHT? *measures it again* Yup. Same thing. I'm pretty sure I am measuring in the same place, as that I use my belly button as my guide.

In fact, while I'm at it, I'm going to take the rest of my measurements:

waist: 49.5
hips: 53
bra: 44.5
bust: 51
neck: 16
bicep: 19

original measurements:

waist: 55.5
hips: 56.5
bra: 48
bust: 53
neck: 17
bicep: ??

mj5
09-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi everyone! I went to work today, but I still feel icky. I am not going to the gym again today--I am totally stuffed up (hard to workout when it's hard to breathe!) and it is SO hot today. I am going to stop at the grocery store quick, then home to rest! Hopefully tomorrow I will feel well enough to get back to the gym!
Have a great night!
MJ ;)

LaurieDawn
09-26-2007, 05:41 AM
Just a quick one, as I am still buried by my project.

Calories - I tried to increase them today, to the point of eating until I felt full enough to be a little sick, but I'm not sure how I did for a total, as FitDay died as I was trying to go to it to enter my last calories of the day. Hopefully, it will be up tomorrow, and I can figure it out. I know I didn't go over on calories, though. That's something.

Exercise - Good early work-out, a bit lax on the evening one. 20 MINUTES ON THE STAIRSTEPPER. I still find it way tough, and I felt a little sick when I was done, but it's all good. Then, I found the elliptical more difficult than usual, probably because of the stairstepper, but I did 32 minutes on that. Then, I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike, but they were a pretty relaxed pace so that I could justify reading an article that I wanted to read. Also rode my bike to the gym and back. In the evening, I walked about 3 miles and ran for 1.5 miles. And it's 39 degrees out there! So I at least feel a little dedicated.

Glad to hear that everyone who struggled this weekend seems to be getting back on plan. CC - I know you'll pull yourself completely back on plan tomorrow. It's really tough sometimes. And yes, Cheryl, I do feel really ill after even one meal off plan, but when it lasts days for me, it sometimes takes me days to recover. And Nicole - sorry - for some reason, I thought it was Australia. Not that it's not right there under your avatar. :o

Back to work for me. **SIGH** Sometimes, it just doesn't feel like it's worth it, huh? (I mean the work thing.)

hellokitty81668
09-26-2007, 07:32 AM
ClCSC-------- Glad you are getting back on track!!
Rakel--- do you mean 888 calories? Isn't that a little too low?
LaurieDawn----- I hope fitday is working today, without it I feel lost!

Good morning everyone else, Today was weigh in day and I managed to move my tracker 2 more lbs, don't ask how, it is a miracle. I will take it and promise myself to stay on plan this weekend, so hopefully, I will be out of the 220's next week!!:carrot: I am better finally, I wish I could bottle that feeling of what happened to me, and take a whiff everytime I think of over eating, that way I would never want to over eat again!!
I am going to stay on plan today, tonight I am making white bean enchiladas( vegetarian enchiladas with cannelini beans), and they are only 347 calories for 2 enchiladas. Lunch will probably either be 2 veggie dogs or hummus with low fat pita bread.. I need to eat some fish for protein, but I haven't had the appetite for it. I am going to exercise and be good today, I just wish the weather would cool down it is still in the upper 80's -low 90's here. I hate it!!
Have a good day!! cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
09-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

Well, its a brand new day and another chance to get back on-plan. Yep, I'm struggling yet again. When I stay on-plan, the weight just doesn't come off as quickly as I'd like. Some weeks, I may have a 1 to 2 pound loss and then nothing for a couple of weeks. I just get so aggravated. I so want to lose all of this weight and its taking me so long. Sometimes, its just that my body won't let it go and sometimes I just let myself go off-plan...its the same crazy roller coaster over and over again! I've been in the 230's forever! Last night, I was watching the Biggest Loser and I got motivated again. I had to have a long "talk" with myself. I can stay fat and feeling sorry for myself...or I can do whatever it takes to lose the weight no matter how long it takes. Ultimately, its my choice. So, I'm doing my daily morning re-commit and I'll tackle each day as it comes.

Diane - I have a hard time with eating out, too. I'm thinking that I just won't eat out anymore for a while...until I can get some momentum built up.
Nicole - Did you turn the TV off and get to bed early?
CC - How's your re-committment going?
Rakel - Congratulations on your inches lost!
MJ - How are you feeling today?
LaurieDawn - How's the project going?
Cheryl - Enchiladas sound really good.

royalsfan1
09-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Rhonda - I watched, too! I felt so bad for Jerry when they voted him off. If I had been on the team I would have had to give him at least 1 round before I would write his name down. I think they all had a feeling they were safe... I've only just started watching this season. What would happen if everyone only got one vote? I'd have to say, if I was a blue team member last night I would have voted for myself (is that legal)...because I don't feel like I could have (in good conscience) sent any of them home. They've been really working hard! I've got the sinus yuck, too, and yes, it's depressing. Also, this has been a VERY slow month for me and I know that discouragement that you're mentioning. It DOES make it so hard to stay on plan!!!

Rakel - great job on the inches!

Everyone else - hope you're having a great week!

I've been feeling like crap for the past few days. Just a cold/sinus mess that is really annoying. I started echinacea last week and while I think it's preventing anything from really settling in and making me miserable it isn't doing the "boosting" that I was really hoping for.

Good news - hip is fine after doing 30 HARD minutes on the elliptical. So, I'll be on it again today. It felt SO GOOD to be exercising again!

Lunch with friends, today. The fun thing is, though, that we're all brown-bagging it so I can be completely on plan and still have a great time. I'm taking a salad, some fresh pineapple, and a couple of the laughing cow baby bel rounds of cheese (I just discovered them at Costco and LOVE them!). I had a Slim-fast for breakfast. Dinner is a Red Lentil curry left over from a couple of nights ago. We have a children's program every Wed. night at church and they serve dinner. My kids and DH will be eating there....I'll eat with them but just take my own. Besides, I ADORE curry and am SO HAPPY to find that it's really pretty easy to fix at home!!! I'm running low on fresh fruit and probably won't get to the store until this afternoon...so snack will be yogurt (Activia....it really works!!!! - oh, Rhonda - might be something to think about to eat each day with your issues with calcium supplements).

Well, ladies, I guess that's it for now. Ciao!

Slashnl
09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
I have to say that so many of you are so great at planning your day and meals. Good for you! I can plan breakfast and lunch, but when it comes to dinner lately, I have an idea of what I have in the house and then I just fix whatever I can in the time that I have. Kids and sports..... you know the drill.

I packed a good lunch and will be walking today. Still working on the water intake, but it is getting better. At least my awareness of what I need to do is better than it was! Little victories!

Gotta run. Lots to do at work today.

mj5
09-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi everyone! I am feeling better, but I actually sound worse. I brought my gym clothes today and am going to try--even if I just get in a little cardio it will be something!

Laurie--Good for you! I am a firm believer that work gets in the way of life! Unfortunately, I do have to work....

Chery--I'm with you! I SO wish we could bottle that feeling and the after workout feeling to sniff on the days when I don't want to work out!

Rhonda--Yea for getting motivated! I watch Biggest Loser too and get motivated by it!

Tricia--hope you are feeling better! I LOVE those little cheese rounds!

Diane--Good for you! You are on the right track!

I am SO sick of this hot humid weather! It is supposed to break tonight and then be back in the 70's....I cannot wait!

K, gotta run. Have a great rest of the day!

mj ;)

NESunshine
09-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Ha,
it's Wednesday and I'm just making it here. It's been another stressful week here in the world of Broadway tours. The event I had to speak at was last night... I'm so happy that is over. TOM is on the horizon so I'm extra tired, bloated, and craving anything carb with salt involved. I've been nibbling on pretzels today....not the best thing I know, but it's not chips etc. I've put them away though, step in the right direction. I'm having trouble getting to the gym during the week still. My body isn't adjusted to the time changing yet, with it being dark later in the morning and earlier in the evening. I literally can't drag myself out of bed in the morning until i absolutely have to and even then it's tough. I haven't been sleeping well, been forcing sleep through my alarm and by the time i get home in the evening i can't even bring myself to do anything else.... not even make dinner...literally it's cheerios for me if anything and thats the most i can muster. On top of that all I feel like I'm getting sick...I'm sure it doesn't help that one day here it is 40* and the next 90*.

Anyway that is sort of where I am. I'm probably not going be posting on this thread as often as I don't think it's really helping me anymore, I kind of feel like I'm just popping through now and then posting about how I haven't been on plan or how crappy i feel and I think its contributing to bringing me down. I need to dive back into the boards and refresh things a bit. I want to see if that will help me come out of my funk. I'll pop in from time to time and see how everyone here is, and I'm sure I'll see you on the other boards.

many many hugs
sunshine

nicolen
09-26-2007, 02:46 PM
Morning everyone,

Well, I made a decision yesterday - I'm going to start the anti depressants again. I'm just really struggling here and all I want to do is stay in bed all day which isn't a good sign. I didn't post this at the time, but Sunday I barely got out of bed - got up for a couple of hours and decided I didn't want to be up. I'm trying not to look at it as a step back, but as just a blip, but easier said than done. I do know that I don't want to go back to where I was last year - that wasn't good at all. I've got about 6 weeks supply here, so that'll give me a chance to see if it's the depression or if it's something else before I have to make the appointment with my GP. I'm 99% convinced that it's the depression, so the sooner I do something about it, the better for me.

Bad, bad day yesterday. Didn't eat a lot and what I ate was so off plan - no breakfast, 2 bars of chocolate and a handful of grapes for lunch and a takeaway for dinner. Absolutely no exercise at all.

OK, looking at the good side of things. I've picked this up much earlier this time round and I'm not going to get to the same low level that I did last time. This time it's pure stress and not the other issues I was having - I've resolved those now. That's good, right?

So, yeah, sitting here feeling like a failure for going back on the meds, but intellectually I know it's the right thing to do. It was such a big deal coming off them and yeah...

Things will improve. I know they will.

rakel
09-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Rakel--- do you mean 888 calories? Isn't that a little too low?

EEP, no, lol, I meant 288, my finger got a little 8 happy I guess. I edited it!

rakel
09-26-2007, 04:20 PM
slashnl -- Man, I can't plan worth crap either, lol. You are not alone! The thing is, if I plan, I am bound to change my plans based on other people (like, my fiance or our friends) or depending on how I feel or what we have in the kitchen and... on and on :P

rhonda -- even a slow decline is a good one. Try focusing on the good things that you can do for yourself, eating well and exercising, don't worry about the scale so much! If you do the good things, the scale is bound to come your direction! :)

sunshine -- can you go to the gym in the evening instead? I know for most people doing it in the morning is good because you get it out of the way, and after work you're pooped, but if it could work for you, then it may be something to try out!

nicole -- :hug: It's unfortunate that you'd have to go back to drugs, but you know your body, and you know what you need to do to get in good health, and whether there be challenges, I'm sure you can make it through! Hang in there and we are here for you!

Yesterday I came in under my calories, I feel like I'm doing pretty good and getting better! Now I just got to keep it up, one day at a time... which is a challenge in and of itself. I figure if I can lose about 10lbs a month (which we'll find out over the next few weeks if this is an ambitious number) then I can get to 260 by new years. The failure to make this goal is not a failure in weight loss, I realize that. I just like to have a timeline in place to shoot for. Even if I only lose 20 more lbs this year... even if I only lose 10... I'm better off than I was at 308. I'm just trying to stay positive about this and not think of myself in terms of "failing" because that is a fast track to me quitting and I definitely don't want to end up in that spot.

I did the YOU on a diet workout beginner session again yesterday, and it really is tough. I get really frustrated on some of the exercises and I won't lie, it bothers me a little, and I get discouraged. I just feel like my fat is definitely getting in the way of completing the exercises completely, which, I KNOW it is, but I shouldn't let it bother me. We all have to start somewhere, and maybe my arms are too fat when doing the crunches so that my chin is in the wrong place, but I'll just have to make do with what I have. I can't be perfect at it either, it's only the second time I've done it. John suggested that maybe I should put it away for awhile and lose more weight first, but I didn't think that was a good idea. The point of the DVD is to build some strength and therefore build muscle to help you burn more fat, so I think if I stick with it, it will prove more beneficial than "waiting" to do it. I'm sure you all will agree! I know he said it just because I was frustrated, and started crying and he's a man and doesn't like it when I get upset :P

Lovely
09-26-2007, 10:44 PM
I figure if I can lose about 10lbs a month (which we'll find out over the next few weeks if this is an ambitious number) then I can get to 260 by new years. The failure to make this goal is not a failure in weight loss, I realize that. I just like to have a timeline in place to shoot for. Even if I only lose 20 more lbs this year... even if I only lose 10... I'm better off than I was at 308. I'm just trying to stay positive about this and not think of myself in terms of "failing" because that is a fast track to me quitting and I definitely don't want to end up in that spot.

Yay! Good plan ^^ Always remember that you are not failing unless you quit! And quitting is not an option!!!!

GirlyGirlSebas
09-26-2007, 10:50 PM
So, yeah, sitting here feeling like a failure for going back on the meds, but intellectually I know it's the right thing to do. It was such a big deal coming off them and yeah...

Things will improve. I know they will.

Hi Nicole,

Please don't feel like a failure because you have to go back on medication. Depression is very much a chemical process in your brain and sometimes we just can't control this. Would you think less of a diabetic for taking insulin? No, you'd think they were smart for managing their condition. Depression is a medical condition which oftentimes does not get better without medicine. I know this because I've sufferred with depression for years and have had to go on medication many times. You deserve a great quality of life and the medication can help you get that.

keepnsane
09-26-2007, 11:28 PM
hello, i'm new here. I had one good day yesterday...I used to do wt. watchers & I'm loosely doing that at home. I was really proud of my self yesterday. I'll try again tomorrow. Today I started out great, but had some social food oriented late afternoon meeting, then later the kids wanted ice cream after church...Brewsters...aka "the devil" (ha).

PS I am also on anti-depressants, specifically celexa. I have had to go on & off several times in my life. I honesly believe that some of us just use up our seretonin stores when we are under stress & need to replenish them. Now that I'm older, I have decided to stay on because it seems to help me sleep.

LaurieDawn
09-27-2007, 05:38 AM
Nicole - Sorry to hear you're struggling with depression. It's a tough, tough one for so many of us. Congrats on making the decision to get on the meds.

Keepnsane - Welcome! It's great to have new people on board.

MJ - Hope you're feeling better, and that you had a great workout - or even were able to handle some sort of a workout.

Diane - Good for you on the planning. Hope all is going well with the plan.

Rhonda - It's those daily recommitments that make it happen. Good for you. Also, thanks for asking about my project. I'm not getting all the info I need from my client, so it's coming slower than I had hoped, but it's coming along.

Cheryl - I think all of us deserve a little gift from the scale gods once in a while - they can be antagonistic enough. Congrats on yours!

CC - I've been worried about you. This is such a long ride, and it's so hard to stay committed for so long. Please let us know if we can help you in some way, or if you're back on track and don't need our help quite yet.

Wednesday - Calories were pretty good - almost 1100 - coming into the range they need to be. Exercise was so-so. Still on the deadline, so that played into it. 33 minutes on the elliptical. Then, I had to take my children to church activities 1/2 an hour away, so I just walked while they were there before I had to bring them home again, trying to maximize my time. So, 1.5 hour walk. I was going to run, but it felt awkward, so I just walked.

I'm tired and a little frustrated tonight. One of those days when I wonder if the routine is worth it. I don't always enjoy my work, and this weight loss journey - while full of rewards - can feel pretty tedious too. Once I get my grant in, though, I think things will start to look up. I tried sleeping tonight, and ended up wasting about two hours just wishing I could fall asleep for just a little while. **SIGH** It will be better this weekend. Our McDonald's has an all-night window, and while I've never really liked McDonald's food, my warped, tired mind is trying to convince me that's the solution to my problems. Crazy, huh? I don't even like it very much, and I know it will make me really ill. I'm starting to feel nauseous just thinking about it. Weird.

hellokitty81668
09-27-2007, 07:53 AM
Nicole......... if you need the meds, it is not because you are a failure, it is because you need them.
laurie..... I am sorry you are feeling the blahs, it will get better.
NE sunshine, I am sorry this thread isn't helping you.
Hi everyone else,
I did good yesterday and am hoping to continue the pattern. I got to get ready take my DD to school and then come back and exercise. One of my cats is sick, she is throwing up ( some,not alot), and I am hoping she gets better, she woke me up at 4:45 this morning, retching, so I had to get up and clean cat retchings.
Yesterday I tried the white bean enchiladas, and this is a keeper recipe,I ate 2 enchiladas, and wanted more,but I only made 6, so the kids got the other 4 :). Today's meal plan is as follows:
Bkfst: Kashi go lean crunch, almond milk, 5 oz grapefruit juice
Lunch 2 veggie burgers with no bread, FF sour cream, and salsa
Dinner: ?? maybe tuna or eggs , not sure
snacks....... Tlc bars, ff yogurt with fruit.. apple
I will stay on plan today!!!!!!
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
09-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

Today is the first day this week that I feel clear aheaded and alive.:carrot: The sinus issues were really making me feel sluggish and foggy. We went to church again last night and I found out that they have weight loss group that meets on Wednesdays. I'm going to look into the plan they are doing and see if its for me. They said I can still do Southbeach, but use this as encouragement and accountability. It might be nice to combine my weight loss journey with my spiritual journey. I also found out yesterday that I will be going to Minnesota for three days in November and two days in December for training. I will have to buy a winter coat and some warmer business clothes. I've been telecommuting from home for the last 8 years and I have no dressier clothes. I really want to lose some more weight before I go clothes shopping, so I'm using this as motivation. Plus, I will finally get to meet one of my co-workers. I can't wait to meet her face-to-face, but I hate doing it when I'm so heavy. This is a biggie for me....I always feel so self-conscious. So, I will do all I can to lose as much as possible before November.....but, I'll keep it healthy!

Slashnl
09-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Rhonda, that sounds like a fun trip. It helps sometimes to get away. You'll look so good! Just remember all the weight you have already lost and how much better you look now then you did way back when!!

Cheryl, nothing makes me crazier than when my cats retch at night. It drives me nuts because you can't really see where they are and I know if I get up, I'll step in something nasty. So, I tiptoe and usually find it anyway!!!

Nicole, how's it going today? I hope you are feeling better now. You shouldn't feel like you failed. I agree with Rhonda and her analogy of a diabetic having to take insulin. Good point!

Welcome to keepnsane! Just wondering how you do it? I mean, how do you "keep sane"?? :) Gotta share your secrets!!!

Yesterday was pretty good for me. I was so close to getting all the water I had intended, but just a little short. So, try again. But exercise was good and food was on plan.

Hope everyone else has a good day!

mj5
09-27-2007, 02:31 PM
Sunshine--Sorry to hear that you won't be around as much. I know you can do this!!!!

Nicole--Good for you for reconizing the signs and taking action! You are exactly right, this is NOT a step back, only a 'blip'. We are here for you!!! I will be here cheering you along! Please don't feel like a failure, meds are necessary sometimes. If you had diabetes and needed meds, you probably wouldn't think twice, right? This is something you need right now. (I work in the mental health field and this is the 'talk' I have w/ some of my residents from time to time. I hope I don' t come off sounding like a know it all or anything!)

Rakel--That's it, one day at a time!

Rhonda--Exactly what I was trying to say to Nicole...you just said it much more eloquently! So glad that you are feeling better! That's great about the weightloss group. Wow, I guess I didn't realize that you telecommuted for work. That's really cool. Yea for being able to go shopping for new clothes!! I am always up for a shopping trip!

Diane--Sounds like you are doing great!

Keepnsane--Welcome!

Laurie--I hope you get some sleep soon! Hang in there, it will get better! It has not, right? Well, I went to the gym and was on the treadmill for about 10 mins before I started coughing terribly. I ended up leaving. I am going to try again today.

Cheryl--Hope your cat is feeling better! Hmmm, maybe I should finish eating lunch before I check in here? ;)

CC--How are you?

As I said to Laurie, I was only at the gym for a short time yesterday. I am going to try again today. Yesterday food-wise ended up terrible. I had a sliver (and I really mean a sliver) of ice cream cake during a meeting, then we had a combined bday party for hubby and I w/ our family and we ended up having chocolate cake for dinner. It wasn't supposed to happen that way....I had a nice healthy dinner planned, but well, I didn't stick to it. Today I am back on track. I will try the gym again. I am making sure that I drink lots of water today--I think I was coughing because my throat was dry.

Alrighty, I need to get some work done. Lots of good stuff on tv tonight, so I will be parked in front of the tv later (after going to the gym, getting groceries, and making dinner, of course!).

Have a great day!

mj ;)

CLCSC145
09-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi all,

Ugh. I'm not doing well. I've been eating way too much this past week. Yesterday was pretty bad. I don't want to, I just couldn't make myself stop. Each morning I wake up and think that I can get it under control today, but then I don't. I don't want to give up. I've come too far. I just don't know why I'm doing this. Nothing happened to set me off. I'm still weighing myself and reading here, so I'm not in total denial, at least. I have gained just under 2 pounds. No permanent damage done, but I don't know where my spark went. Did I get too confident? Did I start thinking too far ahead? I'm not sure. But I'm going to try again today to regroup. Thanks for wondering where I was! I'm here...

nicolen
09-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate it more than I can say. :hug: Today I'm a bit better than yesterday - if someone had looked at me the wrong way yesterday I would've burst into tears. I've talked to my sister and a friend I work with and they're being incredibly supportive. At the moment, it's getting through hour by hour till the end of the day and I can go home, so...

Eating wise, I'm majorly off plan in that I'm not eating much and what I'm eating is utter crap. Not good, but I'm not putting on at the moment and to be honest my eating isn't my focus at the moment. I don't want to go completely off plan, and I know exercise will help, so I'm trying for at least a 30 minute walk every day. I just don't have the energy for anything more at the moment, and I can't wait till the pills kick in and I get some focus back. Takes about 1 - 2 weeks, so this time next week I'll hopefully be feeling a bit more like it.

I'm not doing this by myself this time - I can't - and if it means leaning on my friends a bit, then so be it. Friends are there for each other, and I've certainly been there for them, so I hope they can offer me the same support. I'm going out for coffee tomorrow morning with my best friend - which will probably turn into a rant session, but she's already told me that's what she's there for. I'm just grateful that I've picked this up this early this time, rather than getting into the state I was last year.

Welcome to keepnsane and thank you so much for your kind words.

Hi to everyone else and I really appreciate being able to be completely honest here and the incredibly supportive, non-judgemental atmosphere we've all built here.

Take care everyone :hug:

Slashnl
09-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Quick note to CC: Hang in there. You have done so well, you'll get it back. Don't even take it one day at a time, take it one hour at a time. It is such a long, difficult process and can be so discouraging!

LaurieDawn
09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
CC - I know that when I struggle - and I really did feel like I was going to completely go off plan forever and gain back every ounce I have lost about two weeks ago - I find it helps to re-visit why I started this in the first place. So, how about it? Why are you interested in losing weight? What made you think you could do it, and how were you able to prove yourself right? Why are you making your bad choices now? Are you mad because it's so unfair? I know I fight that one all of the time. Are you just tired of always having to make the right choices? Are you angry/sad/tired/depressed and expecting food to help solve and/or numb those feelings? What's up? Even if you don't want to share these thoughts with us, maybe journaling them would help.

Or maybe you just need some hugs.... :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: and some support. You have been such an inspiration to me and so many others. Don't you want to be the Robin or the Meg or the Sheila that I think about so often when I just want to give up? They, and so many others here, are living proof that it can be done. I want to be that for others some day.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

Trazey34
09-27-2007, 03:34 PM
my biggest change has been the bit of protein with breakfast - huge difference!

breakie: small scoop 1% cottage cheese, piece of turkey, 1/2 Kashi bar, 1 pear

lunch: turkey sandwich, veggie soup, apple, sugar free pudding

dinner: having "fake" tacos, 1/2 beef 1/2 turkey with the taco seasoning spooned into romaine lettuce leaves, low fat cheese sprinkled over to get nice and melty, then some yummy salsa on top.... not sure what else to have with it tho?

snack: tea and 10 cocoa snaps (80 cals)

LaurieDawn
09-28-2007, 03:55 AM
Still working on my stupid grant, and I promised to have it to my client by the time she got to work in the morning so she could review it. It is about 85% written, and of course all of the research, etc. is done, so I'm just about there. But it's always that last 15 - 20% when I ask myself why I ever agreed to do this in the first place and wonder if there's some way I can weasel out of it. Of course, we really do need the money, and I have put in a tremendous amount of work on it, but this is the point where it seems like it's just not worth it.

Okay. Enough ranting. I am here avoiding it for a few minutes because if I don't I'll go insane. Maybe I should take a short walk? The brisk air and exercise might give me the second wind I need to finish it. Hmmm....

And accountability:

Calories - Around 1500. Husband made pork chops. I was sequestered in my office working, so no big deal. And he was sweet enough to buy me blueberries, which I love but am too cheap to buy for myself. But HE LEFT THEM OUT! I hate that. He always buys way too much and no one else ever eats leftovers. And I wandered down to the kitchen to get some water a few hours ago and there they were. And I ate three of them (they are pretty small and very thin, so I'm estimating about 15 ounces). So, I'm now bloated and disgusted as well as tired. Oh well. I threw out the rest, cuz they would be gone by morning one way or the other, and I'm back on plan now.

Exercise - Just 35 minutes on the elliptical. The deadline is breathing down my neck. I may just decide to add a walk, though, if I don't get a little more alert in the next few minutes. I am glad that I never had a caffeine habit, though, cuz I think I would be tempted about now.

Hope all are doing well and on plan. CC - please know I'm continuing to worry about you. Hope you're finding your way back...

rakel
09-28-2007, 04:06 AM
Just checking in! My calories are good today, but I didn't do my exercise. Aunt Flo is hanging out, combine that with all of the water I've had today and soup... and I've been peeing like a pregnant woman. Sometimes, I go sit down, and then get right back up again. IT IS NOT USUALLY THIS BAD. I think maybe I haven't been drinking enough water lately because I've been feeling pretty thirsty almost all day. Or...or... who knows. BUT, I couldn't see going to the gym if I had to pee like 3 times while I was doing it :P I plan on working out tomorrow instead!

Oh, and John observed something very good today -- my tummy is no longer sticking out past my boobs. RIGHTEOUS.

LaurieDawn
09-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Project done. Going to bed. Back up in a few hours. Sad. I see you're up and about already, though, Cheryl. Crazy. Hope you have a great day!

hellokitty81668
09-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Good Morning all,
CLC.....I am sorry you are having such a bad time, but I believe you can do it.
Laurie I am sorry you are under so much pressure :hug:.
Rakel..... Oh, and John observed something very good today -- my tummy is no longer sticking out past my boobs. RIGHTEOUS....... Lol you made me laugh, i am glad now the right things are sticking out!!
I did good yesterday, I felt like having a late night snack while watching Grey's Anatomy, but didn't. I had the extra calories, but decided to eat under my calories for the day. I am feeling great. I hope not to go off plan this weekend, I all ready did my shopping without the kids, so the only thing I bought for them was pumpkin Ice cream,which I am not eating!
Today will be exercise, and exercise!!!
Bkfst------grapefruit juice, kashi go lean crunch, almond milk
lunch--- thai tuna in a can with crackers
dinner-- ?? I am not sure right now. I am making a baked chicken with spinach balls for the family but for me , maybe some baked squash, I am not sure.
snacks--- Kashi tlc bar, ff yogurt with blueberries and cherries( frozen)
Apple with tsp of cinn. peanut butter.
I will do this!!!
Have a great on plan day all.
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
09-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Good morning Everyone and Happy Friday!

Whew, I don't know about you guys, but I can sure use a restful weekend! This week has been rough...trying to get that project finished and trying to stay on-plan with this sinus stuff. I mentioned to Hubby last night that I've just felt horrible this week. Every time I turn around, I have another darn headache. I was thinking something was very very wrong. This morning, I get the coffee out of the cabinet and happen to look at the bag...decaffeinated??!!:fr: I've been unintentionally withdrawing from caffeine this week. No wonder I've felt so rough. I enjoy my morning cups, so I found some regular coffee in the cabinet and I'm enjoying a cup right now.:coffee: Wonder if I'll feel like the energizer bunny today?

Yesterday, stayed 100% on plan and actually did my 60 minutes on the treadmill. Today, I plan on making this another on-plan day and I plan on getting 60 more minutes of exercise. Hopefully, I still have time to make the scales drop before Monday.

CC - I'm sending special thoughts your way.:hug: Its hard to stay on-plan when you're just not "feeling" it. Don't give up. The spark will come back.

Trazey - I also think protein makes a big difference. Your fake tacos sound yummy.

LaurieDawn - so glad your project is finished....hopefully, you can have a restful weekend to recuperate.

Rakel - Congratulations on the shrinking tummy!

Cheryl - I had my TiVo set to tape Grey's Anatomy. I discovered at 9:50 that it only caught the first 30 minutes! So, I have a big 20 minute gap. Arggghhh! Are you watching the spin-off, Private Practice? I TiVo'd that, too, but havent had a chance to watch yet.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

CLCSC145
09-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Thank you all so much for your well-wishes! I'm trying (failing a bit more than succeeding this last week, but trying). I'll come back later today and post. Take care, everyone.

rakel
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks Cheryl & Rhonda! :D

CC: it happens to the best of us!

*does the happy dance* Down .5lb from yesterday!

Slashnl
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
You can do it, CC! You've done so well so far, I know you can get it back. I agree with Rhonda (boy, I say that a lot!) that sometimes you lose the spark, but it does come back. We all have to keep fighting through those "less than inspired" moments.

Rakel, that is Righteous!!! Those victories keep us going.

Trazey, it's probably too late since you had the fake tacos last night, but I wonder how black beans would work as a side with them? I think that would be good. They have protein!

LaurieDawn, hope you got some sleep! It probably feels good to be done! Sounds like you and Rhonda were on the same work schedule this week. I know that I'm just glad that it is Friday. Only two more weeks before vacation for me!

I had a great walk at noon today. It is cloudy and a little cooler today, so it felt very nice out there. I pushed a little bit and we went twice around the park (a little over 1 1/2 miles), rather than just 1 full time around and then cutting across the middle!!

..... working on getting all my water in today..... (but I always say that)

It's going to be a busy night tonight. We're going to a Fall Festival tonight after football practice, so that will be fun. I'll have to avoid the Navajo Taco stand, but I also know that they have a roasted sweet corn stand, too. Love that stuff! Then they have a band that plays at the park and they are very good. Should be fun.

BattleAx
09-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Trazey: the fake tacos sound delicious. I'm going to remember to make them your way.

I eat a lot of protein and it really helps keep me satisfied. Protein, lots of fiber, and a bit of fat seem to be the magic ingredients for me. I never go hungry on my plan.

Ladies, I have fallen off the deep end. Today I am craving tofu and the Morningstar Chikn patties made out of soy. Never in a million years would I have guessed that it was possible for me to crave soy products.

rakel
09-28-2007, 08:02 PM
BattleAx: I haven't had many things from Morningstar yet, but I love the spicy black bean burgers -- I cut 'em up and put 'em in a tortilla with lettuce, tomatoes, onions and salsa! It fills me up for a LONG time.

hellokitty81668
09-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Good morning all!!
Today I am going to volunteer at a fundraiser for my Dd school( car wash, yard sale), I am hoping to get in 30 minutes on the elliptical, before we go, am not sure right now.
I am making Red beans and rice for the family today, for dinner, I will be eating something else, because Red beans and rice has smoked meat in it.
Bkfst- Oatmeal with a mini banana, grapefruit juice
Lunch -- bean burrito( Amy's)
Dinner--- ?? maybe some baked squash, with something.....
snacks-- mango, kashi tlc bar, ff yogurt with frozen blueberries and frozen cherries.
I hope you all have a great on plan day!!!
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
09-29-2007, 02:00 PM
Hello Everyone. Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

I stayed 100% on-plan yestereday and walked on the treadmill for 60 minutes yesterday. My plan is to have another 100% on-plan day today and another 60 minutes on the treadmill. So far, the scales are looking very promising for weigh-in on Monday.:D The day is absolutely gorgeous here today. The sun is shining and there's not a cloud in the sky. I really need to clean house, but I also would love to get out of here for a while. Mmmmmm... maybe I can do a bit of both?

mj5
09-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Nicole--I am SO proud of you!!!!!

Trazey--Your 'fake' tacos sound really good! I am going to have to try them!

Laurie--YEA! For getting your project done!

Rakel--Keep up the great work!!!!

Cheryl--Hope the kids raised a lot of $ today.

Rhonda--OH NO! Decaff?! No wonder you were feeling so icky (on top of the sinus stuff!) Hope you were able to get out and enjoy the beautiful day.

Diane--The fall festival sounds fun. Hope you had a good time.

BattleAx--Good for you for having healthy cravings! I love it when that happens!

CC--Hope you are doing well. We are all here for you!

As for me, I have had a great day so far. It's my birthday and hubby has to work. I was pretty bummed earlier, but I treated myself to a mani/pedi which was wonderful! Tonight I am hanging out w/ the dogs and watching some chick flicks. Not terrbily exciting, but that's ok! It was absolutely gorgeous here today too--sunny, warm, but w/ a cool breeze--my absolute favorite kind of day! I LOVE fall!!!!

I am feeling better, but I decided not to work out today, tomorrow I will go for a walk and Monday--back to the gym!

Have a great night!

mj ;)

mj5
09-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Just testing my new ticker

mj5
09-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Ok, I have finally decided to REALLY let go of the fact that during my last serious attempt to lose weight I had just stepped into onederland before I stopped doing what I knew I need to do (make healthy food choices and exercise--sounds easy, right?!!!) and gained a lot of the weight back.

That doesn't mean that what I kept off doesn't count! I knew this, but as usual, the mind games were getting the best of me! I have lost 47lbs so far! I am proud of that! I am hoping that seeing my ticker will remind me of how far I have come and also of how I need to keep pluggling away at this. I know I can do this--not alone, of course, but I can do it. We all can.

Now I want to find a great quote to add!

rakel
09-30-2007, 01:19 AM
You're doing great MJ! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I haven't exercised yet, but I feel pretty crappy. John has been sick all week and now I think I am. I feel like on the verge of having a sore throat/cough, and being completely congested. I think I'm just going to take it easy tonight and try to get to bed early so I get plenty of rest.

I did lose another lb on the scale, though, yippee!

hellokitty81668
09-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Good morning all!! I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
I felt crappy yesterday, got my TOM's today, that explained it. I might go out and get a small bar of dark chocolate, it helps when I feel like this, I might not, in an hour we are going to go hiking in a park, maybe for an hour or two, for my exercise today.
Bkfst was Kashi Go lean crunch , almond milk, baby banana, an 4-5 ounces of Grapefruit juice.
Lunch will be 2 veggie hot dogs, with fiber bread and mustard.
Dinner roasted beets, black bean burgers, with fresh pico de gallo, no bread, or tortillas
Snacks-- fresh pineapple, fresh mango, fiber one bar, carrot/ginger/apple fresh juice.
I will not use my TOM's to go off plan today!! cheryl

LaurieDawn
09-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Good morning, all!

Accountability - Stayed on plan with food. Exercise was so-so. I did the elliptical for about 70 minutes, and tried to push myself, but I wasn't "into it." I also walked about three miles, but just couldn't find the spark.

I'm a little frustrated. I went off plan on Thursday night by eating some pork chops. My calories for the day were still only about 1500, though. Yet, I gained three pounds overnight and they were still on the scale this morning. I keep trying to believe the calories in vs. calories out thing, but these things really test my faith. Oh well. I know what doesn't work, and I have no intention of going back to that.

MJ - Hope you had a great birthday.

CC - Still thinking about you. As I was walking last night, it occurred to me that you were doing really well until you fell when you were walking. Maybe that triggered some sort of chain reaction? I know that something like that could really mess with my mind, even if I was determined not to let it. Let us know if we can do anything to help!

mj5
09-30-2007, 12:48 PM
Good Morning! Another gorgeous, sunny day here! While I am putting laundry away later, I am going to try on some clothes--some are 'I hope they will fit soon' clothes, but that's ok! I just want to get an idea how close I am to getting them to fit!

Rakel--I hope you aren't getting sick! Yippee on the scale going down again!

Cheryl--Good for you for not using TOM as a reason to go off plan--that's something that I really struggle w/!

Laurie--The good news is--you exercised, even if your heart wasn't into it. Sometimes just the routine of doing it is what I need.

Nothing exciting giong on here today....probably going to watch a movie and relax. For my b.day I received an fm transmitter for my mp3 player. I am SO excited. It works really well. I am going to add some more music to the mp3 player so when we go away in another week we'll have some great music to listen to.

Have a great day!