General chatter - All About Hockey - part deux

View Full Version : All About Hockey - part deux

techwife
09-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I don't feel like scouring the pages looking for the hockey thread...so here goes another.

How are your teams faring in pre-season? The Sabres won one, lost one to Columbus.

And....

I'm going to a SABRES GAME!!! :woohoo: This weekend, preseason (because that's the only way we can afford to take the whole family to a game - ticket prices are rediculous!!) against the Penguins!! Sydney Crosby, here we come (my daughter loves him - she'll be frothing at the mouth when she sees him)! This is my first Sabres game since, like, 1985. I'm so pumped!!

aymster
09-23-2007, 11:30 PM
:carrot: yay!! Good for you! Since '85? Wow... you must be going through withdrawl! :lol:

Have you heard of the Ice Bowl b/t the Sabres and the Penguins? That should be cool! (no pun intended!)

I can't wait for more hockey!! I am so looking forward to this season...

GAME ON!

babenwaiting
09-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Hey aymster and techwife! Time to rock and roll, and get those pucks flying ... :D

My Carolina Hurricanes are 2-1 in exhibition games so far. Can't wait for our "real" opener October 3rd, against Montreal, which I might attend. The October 5th game against Sidney and the Penquins is one I'd love to see in person, but with my wide screen TV to watch, I think I'll wait and spend money on a game that isn't going to be broadcast.

Techwife, our pre-season games are the same price as our regular ones. Aren't yours' the same?

Well, may the best teams win!!! And ...

GO HURRICANES!!!

techwife
09-24-2007, 05:54 AM
We got our tickets $35 for adults and $15 for kids or around there somewhere. A regular season ticket playing against a popular team is more like well into the $100's. And we're 9 rows from the ice in the corner behind where the Penguins will be scoring for 2 periods...we'd have rather been at the other end, where the Sabres will be scoring twice, but 9 rows from the ice....I'll take anything!!

I have to get my son a Hurricanes jersey. He really loves weather, so the Hurricanes are his favorite team. He wasn't too popular around here in the Sabres house a few years back with his choice, but I'm over it now. My most hated team now is the Flyers because they took my Danny Briere. And the Rangers that took Drury, but that doesn't seem to bother me as much as Briere. He was my favorite. So, I guess I'll get my son a Commodore jersey. He has cool hair. He still plays for the Canes, doesn't he? After this summer...it was rough on us Sabres fans. :cry:

techwife
09-24-2007, 05:56 AM
And...after the Bills' DISASTEROUS start to another dismal year...I'm REALLY pumped for hockey to get started.

ThePrettyOne
09-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Overly proud Islanders fan here! :p Pre-season has been a bit unsteady for the Isles but I'm SUPER excited to see how well they do in the regular season with all the moves on the team. I have 4 tickets to the 10/10 home game vs the Rangers and I am about to burst with anticipation! I have been to Rangers/Isles games before......but at the Garden, not on home turf. Last year our first game against the Rangers was setting up to be a bust and we ended up walking away with a 7-4 win (at the Garden), and I was lucky enough to attend! Most had money on the Islanders landing in that bottom 4 in the Eastern Conference last season and we ended up clinching the 8th playoff spot, so NANY NANY!! :p I also had tickets to the playoff home game last years vs the Sabres. We lost but the experience was imcomparable!! :)

On the other hand, I'm supportive, but also realistic. I'll admit when my team is down, but I'll always love 'em!! :D

I go to at least half of the home games, and try to get to the Garden when they play the Rangers "away". I say "away" in quotes because it's only about a 30 minute train ride into NYC!

I work for the company that owns the Rangers/Knicks/The Garden so the tickets are flowing in the office :) My boyfriend is buddies with the goalie, Rick DiPietro, so a few tickets get tossed our way from him as well. Life is good!

babenwaiting
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
ThePrettyOne, according to the experts, the Rangers and Islanders are both supposed to be really good this season so you're probably in for a fun Winter. Of course, those same experts predicted my Carolina Hurricanes would be at the bottom of the basement of the Eastern Conference in 2006, the year we won Lord Stanley, so you never know! :D

TechWife, I thought of you when I saw that Buffalo/NE score last night! YIKES! My Panthers beat the Falcons 27-20, but we may have lost Delhomme for awhile (sure hope not) with an elbow problem. We're 2-1 now, meeting Tampa Bay next Sunday. Unfortunately, they're RED HOT, and we don't always play so well at home. Do get your son a Commodore jersey; he's the neatest guy with the wildest hair, SO FAN FRIENDLY, great with the kids. :) We love him here, and will be heartbroken if he ever goes elsewhere.

GO CANES ... (GO PANTHERS!)

aymster
09-25-2007, 09:35 AM
I think the Bills should change their names to the Jills... or actually start putting the cheerleaders in... they have more heart... :mad:

I think since the Rangers stole Drury, they should be predicted to have an awesome year! ;) hee! hee! Naw, really, Drury wanted to get back to the area where he grew up. I understand that! He's a fantastic guy!

The good thing about Hockey is that everyone loves their team and we really get into the game. What a feeling when you watch a good play start that results in a goal! For me, when I watch a Sabres game (or when I went to one) I love to hear the fog horn blow when there's a goal!

I still think Hockey is amazing: big guys on blades, skating fast, stopping with amazing accuracy, and shooting a thick "hamburger" in a net not much bigger than it's goalie... LOVE IT! And playoff Hockey? No ties: play until you're practically dead and the puck slips thru... ahhhh, there's nothing like playoff hockey!!

techwife
09-25-2007, 04:48 PM
I think the Bills should change their names to the Jills... or actually start putting the cheerleaders in... they have more heart... :mad:

No kidding...or our high school football team. I feel like I'm watching the 'Counterfiet Bills'...remember THAT year? What a riot!!

For me, when I watch a Sabres game (or when I went to one) I love to hear the fog horn blow when there's a goal!

First time I went to an Amerks game, I thought there was a friggen TRAIN coming through the wall! Scared me half to death! I loved it, though.

Go Sabres!!!

babenwaiting
09-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Okay, ladies, watch out for me now ... I have my first official Hurricanes Sweater (jersey). Could get it in red or white, and I chose the white because you see less of those. I am thrilled! :D Wallet empty, but I am thrilled. I also have in my hot little hand the tickets for our opening game against the Canadiens! :flow2:

Techwife, our tickets run from about $20 to close to $200. I buy in the $40 range usually, but splurge for the $75 Club level on special occasions. I went to about seven games last year, and hope to double that this year. It's just the two of us, so it's not like we're buying for kids, too. We have a wide-screen, HDTV, which the games are wonderful on, so I can't justify spending too much to attend games.

One thing we ladies all agree on:

HOCKEY ROCKS!!!

GO 'CANES!!!

ThePrettyOne
09-26-2007, 04:02 PM
Well the Islanders lit up the Rangers Monday, in more ways than one! Talk about a good old fashioned hockey throw down! :club: That's what I wanna see!! :censored::censored:

babenwaiting
09-27-2007, 11:48 PM
MyPrettyOne, sounded to me like those "New York boys" (sort of) all got a little overwrought the other day. So much for "all that's behind us, it's a new season" blather! :D I bet they'll have a couple more of those this year. My 'Canes will play your Islanders on New Year's Eve here this year, and I can hardly wait! :p

Okay, it's Thursday night and here's the final score for tonight's game:

Carolina Hurricanes 3, Columbus Blue Jackets 0

YEAH BABY!!!

Pre-season record: 3-1-1

ThePrettyOne
09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
The 2 goalies going toe to toe was priceless. Go DP!! :lol:

I just can't wait for opening day......I love Hockey season because there is always a good game to watch, no more boring nights!!! Though I do watch a lot of games at bars with friends....which equal a lot of beer and wings than need :)

techwife
09-28-2007, 09:49 PM
The countdown is on...tomorrow night...at this time...I'll be at HSBC Arena watching Vanek, Afinogenov and all my favorites duke it out with the Penguins! My daughter is having fits about being in the same recycled oxygen with Sydney Crosby. I think she's the only girl in school with hockey players on her locker door instead of pop stars. Well, there's Jesse McCartney, but there's also Crosby and Briere and maybe Ovechkin.

Anyhow. I'm so excited. I'm all packed and ready to go!!

EZMONEY
09-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Do they have hockey every year?

techwife
09-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Yes, Gary...every year. But this year may be a bit anti-climatic for you after the Ducks big year. I'm sure the Stanley Cup is dying to get out of SoCal. It's probably getting a RASH from all those PALM trees!! :lol3: It almost seems sacreligious having it in such a warm climate! (Yes, that's sour grapes from up here in the Yukon of Northern New York)

EZMONEY
09-28-2007, 10:23 PM
We crammed it full of avocados, limes and Coronas. Finally, someone got good use out of it!

babenwaiting
09-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Gary, I'm surprised you guys out there could get the Pork Barbeque flavor out of that Cup, after it spent a year in North Carolina! :D

TechWife, maybe the Sabres will pull one out of the hat just for you tomorrow night! I just read that the Penguins beat them 5-4 tonight. Hope your presence will make all the difference!

Tonight's score from Raleigh:

CAROLINA HURRICANES 2, COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS 1

Pre-season record: 4-1-1

YEAH BABY!!! GO 'CANES!!!

EZMONEY
09-29-2007, 12:22 AM
Hey BABE enough Coronas and we Californians can get Pork BBQ flavor out of anything! Well....not really...but after a few we just don't care!

techwife
09-29-2007, 06:51 AM
Gary: :lol3: you always crack me up.

techwife
09-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Just got back from my game. I was down by the glass while the players were warming up and looking at my camera and my family goes, "Did you see that?" and I said, "What?", "Vanek just went by and looked right at you and looked at the 26 on your jersey as if to say, 'cool, someone with my jersey'" I have a Vanek jersey. I'm so mad I missed it. Actually, I probably would have made a fool out of myself if I'd seen it and banged on the glass like a teenager. Anyhow, the game was awesome and we WON 3-4.

But....Sydney Crosby is a <insert expletive that may or may not imply he likes men more than girls>. He was a no-show for the preseason game and you should have seen the amount of little boys that were there with Crosby jerseys on that didn't get to see their hockey idol. My husband says he thinks he may have broken a nail and had to go in for an emergency manicure.

anyhow...my daughter just told me there is something for me to read at the Sabres website...gotta run.

GO SABRES!!!

babenwaiting
09-30-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed your game. Can't wait for our opener on Wednesday night. :)

Regarding Crosby, you know, with ANY game, pre- or regular, there are never an guarantees as to the line-up. I do feel sorry for the kids that wanted to see him. I myself want to see him LIVE this season; tried to get tickets for next Friday's game but the only ones left were super-expensive! I may be lucky enough to get a free one but don't know yet.

techwife
10-02-2007, 06:21 PM
Right, but there wasn't anything wrong with him. I just think of the little kid that was walking down the sidewalk behind us holding his mom's hand iwth his Crosby jersey and you could tell he was stoked to see him and he was a no-show. I realize they don't want to risk injury or whatever, but one or two shifts wouldn't have done him any damage and gave all his fans a big thrill. Heck, I'm not even a fan and I would have been excited to see him!!

Prettyone: Bring on the Islanders October 5!! :woohoo: May the best team win! Say hi to Vanek for me if you go to the next game in NY. Afinogenov is my son's favorite. He's just a little hyper like my son... :)

aymster
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
SABRES!! (insert Fog Horn)

Can't wait for Wednesday!! :carrot:

babenwaiting
10-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Okay, here's how the Hurricanes are doing so far ...

Opener: Canadiens 3, Hurricanes 2 (OT loss :( )

Last night:

Hurricanes 4, Penquins 1 (loved that skirt you were wearing, Sidney!!! )

:D:D:D

techwife
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
We had a goal-scoring frenzy!! Sabres 6 Islanders 4. Rematch in an hour and 15 minutes....and counting!!

techwife
10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Hurricanes 4, Penquins 1 (loved that skirt you were wearing, Sidney!!! )

:D:D:D

We just call him Cindy in our house :lol:

babenwaiting
10-06-2007, 06:17 PM
We had a goal-scoring frenzy!! Sabres 6 Islanders 4. Rematch in an hour and 15 minutes....and counting!!

Techwife, wasn't it ISLANDERS 6, Sabres 4??? :o

techwife
10-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Techwife, wasn't it ISLANDERS 6, Sabres 4??? :o

Oops...Freudian slip...or wishful thinking.

EZMONEY
10-06-2007, 07:28 PM
Just wait 'til Drury starts scoring TECH.

Anybody see my cup?

techwife
10-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Just wait 'til Drury starts scoring TECH.

Anybody see my cup?

Drury already HAS started scoring...for the RANGERS!!! Just rub it in, why don't ya? :p And you losing your cup sounds like a personal problem that maybe Angie should help you with :lol3:

We're tied at 1 after 2 periods...LOADS of fights and fisticuffs....my kind of game!! :woohoo:

babenwaiting
10-06-2007, 11:09 PM
:( DANG IT! :(

We just lost to the Washington Capitals .... Caps 2, Hurricanes 0. We looked awful. I think someone kidnapped our fiery team from last night, and those were imposters in our uniforms tonight!!! :mad:

Hurricanes record: 1-1-1

EZMONEY
10-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Drury already HAS started scoring...for the RANGERS!!! Just rub it in, why don't ya? :p And you losing your cup sounds like a personal problem that maybe Angie should help you with :lol3:

We're tied at 1 after 2 periods...LOADS of fights and fisticuffs....my kind of game!! :woohoo:

Sorry TECH....I forgot he "left" ;)....has the season started yet? I only read the first 10 pages of the sports page...I rarely get to hockey.

techwife
10-07-2007, 08:56 AM
:( DANG IT! :(

We just lost to the Washington Capitals .... Caps 2, Hurricanes 0. We looked awful. I think someone kidnapped our fiery team from last night, and those were imposters in our uniforms tonight!!! :mad:

Hurricanes record: 1-1-1

I think the Sabres were replaced by the Bills! :fr: Totally flat on their feet.

aymster
10-07-2007, 04:52 PM
UGH tech... we got swept!!!! :stress: :( Alas, plenty o' games, plenty o' games....

ThePrettyOne
10-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Sorry guys, I don't use my internet at home (never sit down long enough) so I hadn't read this thread in 2 days!

Though with the 2 big games over the weekend....I knew there would be some chatter with Techwife :D

I have to say I am in shock at the outcome, but Sabres lost a couple amazing players and apparently the Islanders landed a couple themselves! I wouldn't go so far to say at the Sabres played badly, the games were close and AMAZING to watch. But the Isles beating them twice in a row is something to be proud of!!

Watch out teams!!! :D

After these 2 wins, I am SOO excited to go to the Rangers/Isles game Wednesday.....it's going to be great!!

babenwaiting
10-09-2007, 10:45 AM
ThePrettyOne, we're all having to get used to playing some "new teams" this year. The Washington Caps are loaded now, compared to last year, and just stomped the Hurricanes the other night. The 'Canes have got to throw off the injuries/illnesses as best they can, and bring our work ethic from two years ago, or we're going to be in the basement like last year!

Having said that ... tonight:

GO 'CANES!!! BEAT TORONTO!!!

ThePrettyOne
10-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I know...the Capitals beat the Islanders 2-1 in an afternoon game yesterday. Last year we were walking all over them! Going to be exciting!

techwife
10-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Well, that Sabres sweep by the Islanders still isn't as painful as the Bills game last night. Thursday night is our next game. CAN'T WAIT! Lots of promise in our new Sabres team. We lost Drury and Briere and they were our captains and the 'big brothers' to most of the team and I think they're feeling the loss of leadership. It will take a little while, but I'm confident that once our Sabres find their feet without B&D, they'll at least make the playoffs this year.

babenwaiting
10-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Okay, that's my Hurricanes!!!

Carolina Hurricanes 7, Toronto Maple Leafs 1

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carolina record so far: 2-1-1

GO, 'CANES!!!

techwife
10-12-2007, 07:19 AM
SWEEEEET!! Sabres 6, Thrashers ZEEERO! GO SABRES!!!

ThePrettyOne
10-12-2007, 08:28 AM
What the heck....Islanders 1, Maple Leafs 8!! :lol: The backup goalie was playing, but that's no excuse. That guy was half the reason they made it into the playoffs last year when DP was injured!

techwife
10-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Okay...trying hard not to get too excited, but it seems as though our young guys are finding the confidence to win and that they don't need Drury and Briere to do it!

shhhhh....I don't want to jinx anything...

babenwaiting
10-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Okay, guys, HUGE wins for the Hurricanes last Thursday and Saturday nights, over the OTTAWA SENATORS (YES!) and the Montreal Canadiens. We are now 4-1-1, and I'm almost afraid to say it ... but they're reminding me of our 2006 Stanley Cup team! :D But there's a zillion games to go ... so I'll just enjoy the ride right now.

Techwife, I thought you'd be happy after the last Sabres game. I can about SEE your smile!

Let's go, 'Canes! Get the Penquins and the Flyers NEXT!!!

modkittn
10-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I am waiting for the Bruins to have some East Coast games so I can actually WATCH them :)

ThePrettyOne
10-15-2007, 12:34 PM
Islanders 1, Flyers 3 - I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone :lol: We play the Caps again Thursday, let's hope we fair a bit better thing time around. C'mon Isles, you are better than that!! :)

techwife
10-16-2007, 06:55 AM
O.....M.....G

Buffalo 5 Toronto 4

Game winning goal scored with 3 seconds of OT left...by the MAPLE LEAFS!! Stinks to be them! But, it's actually payback because I remember Ryan scoring a goal for Toronto last season, so what comes around, goes around. We'll take the win. Thanks, McCabe!

aymster
10-20-2007, 03:00 PM
What are they putting in the Sabres' penalty box to make them want to visit it so often?

:mad:

Buffalo curse..... I swear....

ThePrettyOne
10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
Islanders are back on track......but I can't believe they don't play again until Saturday!!

techwife
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
I washed my jerseys, so we should be fine on Wednesday after a two game SKID!!

babenwaiting
10-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Hi all,

How's everyone? My Hurricanes had a shootout loss and an overtime loss (to Pittsburgh and to Philadelphia) Friday and Saturday nights, but bounced way back tonight to beat the Canucks:

Hurricanes 3, Canucks 1

Techwife's Sabres are coming in Wednesday night, and WE'RE GONNA GET YOU!!! :D

LET'S GO, HURRICANES!!!

techwife
10-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Babe: See my post above yours...I washed my jerseys...which means big trouble for the Canes!! :lol:

techwife
10-24-2007, 06:21 PM
SABRES VS HURRICANES

7PM

BRING...IT...ON...

EZMONEY
10-24-2007, 07:53 PM
The World Series starts tonight....has hockey started yet?

babenwaiting
10-24-2007, 09:52 PM
EZMoney you little :devil:, you!!!

Techwife, maybe you forgot to put the Tide in the washer!!! (I'm happy but I send a hug (((techwife))) )

CAROLINA HURRICANES 6, BUFFALO SABRES 2

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

techwife
10-25-2007, 06:52 AM
what a dismal year its going to be.....

ThePrettyOne
10-25-2007, 09:16 AM
As long as the Rangers stay at the bottom I'll be happy :) I seriously can't believe there is this awful week gap between Isles games! And since my 2nd job is weekend nights, I'm going to miss the Saturday game.....thank God for DVR! Islanders are always picked to the be the underdog (I don't know why since we have one of the top goalies in the NHL, but hey!)...so when they do anything better, they are praised.....which brings us to now :)

aymster
10-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Tech, what did you wash those jersey's with? Lucky Charms?

It's so much fun being a Buffalo fan, isn't it? :dizzy:

babenwaiting
10-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Did you Buffalo ladies SEE the game last night? The crowd at RBC was rocking! Your goalie was getting a real bad time from our fans, as you probably heard loud and clear, but that's hockey, huh? There's a lot of Buffalo transplants who live/work here now, and THEY weren't too happy with your guys. I have to say, from what I saw last night, you've still got a lot of talent and a dangerous team there, despite losing Briere and Drury. It was important that we thump you GOOD last night though ... as you did to us for FOUR miserable games last year! :o

Now, here comes Montreal Friday night ...

GO, 'CANES!!!!!!!!

techwife
10-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Did you Buffalo ladies SEE the game last night? The crowd at RBC was rocking! Your goalie was getting a real bad time from our fans, as you probably heard loud and clear, but that's hockey, huh?

Yeah...I saw that...and people complain about the Sabres fans :rolleyes: I turned to Ghost Hunters when I heard the heckling. Sheesh....

babenwaiting
10-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Techwife, I think you need to go to more games there, and see what the atmosphere is like in YOUR arena. Of course, our fans were chanting at your goalie, just as your fans "maul" our guys when they come to Buffalo. I could tell you some stories about the Sabres fans that come to our games, just from last night, but I won't ... because I promised myself that I will not be combative, and keep this thread fun. So, again I say, may the best team win ... and they will, of course. I just hope it's the 'Canes.

techwife
10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Well, I would go to more games, but they're 4 hours away and we wouldn't be able to pay our mortgage. Sad, I know.

You know how I feel, Babe...imagine if at the end of this season, the Hurricanes management let Commodore and BrindAmour go to other teams with feeble attempts at trying to keep them on the Hurricanes. Then, the following season, you watch the team just collapse time and again and watch how the loss of two key players just destroyed your team. Really sad. Only, imagine they didn't even get to win the Stanley Cup before the managment let the two top guys go. Dismall. Just dismall.

And I don't even have the Bills to lean on...they stink worse than the Sabres!!

But I'm still a fan...still a fan...

techwife
10-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Okay, so tonight the Sabres 'shuffle off to Florida'...let's see if they can pull off a win against one of the palm tree teams!!

Gary: The World Series is on? Thats baseball, right? :lol3:

Amberelise
10-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Oh my gosh! I just wondered over here to the General chatter and much to my pleasant surprise, a thread about NHL hockey. Nice!!

I played club hockey in college at Southern Illinois University. (It's roller hockey, not much ice happening down there.) Anyhoo, I'm a HUGE hockey fan. I have a picture of Alex Tanguay PLASTERED on my myspace page. I loved him in Halifax. I went to the Mooseheads game where they retired his jersey. I even have a signed Tangers Avs jersey.

I'm actually a Blues fan with some extended love to the Preds because they were only a 3 hours from my hometown (Blues were 2) and love to the Hawks because I live in Chicago now. I really just like hockey in general. :)

Man, you gotta be excited if you're an Ottawa fan.

How many NHL arenas have you all been to and what's your favorite? I've been to the Pepsi Center, United Center, Gaylord (now renamed), Kiel Center (I'll never rename it), Philips Arena and Nationwide Arena. I like the Preds fans' customs the most.

babenwaiting
10-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Amberelise, glad to see you here! Now you can suffer along with the rest of us .... :D

Like tonight ... :(

Montreal Canadiens 7, Carolina Hurricanes 4

Oh, what a lousy game! The real 'Canes did not show up, and we had a goal stolen from us, I swear.

On to the Islanders tomorrow ...

GO 'CANES! BEAT THE ISLANDERS!!!

Mel
10-27-2007, 07:44 AM
The day that the Flyers traded Brindamour and Williams was sad....just sad. And now they lose to the Canes with their HOT NEW team!

GO FLYERS!!!

Mel

babenwaiting
10-27-2007, 10:00 AM
Mel, we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Roddy (and Justin, as well, and can we say HUBBA HUBBA about Justin ;) ) You should see the Brind 'Amour sweaters at the games ... EVERYWHERE! He is such a respected athlete (somebody cracked that Superman wears Brind 'Amour pajamas! :D ) His work ethic is astonishing.

Your Flyers sound scary this year! :o I hope my REAL 'Canes show up when it's time to play you!!! Also, last night, though I am not usually a whiner about the officiating (get tired of hearing it from people), these refs were the worst I've ever seen, and one goal was just taken away from us. I don't understand how they can do that when it's right there on the replay???? :(

Oh, well, on to the Islanders tonight!!! May the hardest workers win!

GO 'CANES!!!

babenwaiting
10-27-2007, 09:49 PM
Carolina Hurricanes 8, New York Islanders 3

Where are you, ThePrettyOne? Tonight belonged to the Hurricanes, and we gave your guys a little shakin' and bakin'. :D Rod Brind'Amour got a hat trick, and Justin Williams and Ray Whitney had two goals each ... WOW! (But, boy, were we dismal last night!!!) The Sens won again tonight, so they are still one point ahead of us.

GO 'CANES!!!

techwife
10-28-2007, 08:21 PM
So, the Sabres pulled off a sketchy overtime goal, but who cares!! We won and oh, it feels SO GOOD!! :woohoo: Sometimes you're the bug...sometimes you're the windshield!!

babenwaiting
10-28-2007, 10:36 PM
:high: Okay, techwife, let's be giddy-happy while we can!!! Boy, I hope I'm this happy after this coming Wednesday's game ...

Go 'Canes!!! Beat the Panthers!!!

ThePrettyOne
10-29-2007, 09:17 AM
I missed Saturdays game (not like me, but I work Saturday nights as of 2 months ago) but all my hockey people called from the game to tell me the terrible news! I never get upset when we lose......because I always know we're coming back!!

When the Isles lose, as long as the Rangers lose as well....it evens out and keeps and big smile on my face :)

At least I won't miss Thursdays game vs the Lightning!

babenwaiting
10-30-2007, 10:49 AM
ThePrettyOne, you have a great attitude, and that's how I try to look at the games, as well ... It is amazing how differently a team can play from one night to the next. So I try to prepare for anything. Once you win that Stanley Cup, of course, you're always thinking, "another, another!!!" :D But it's such a rare thing, and so I tell myself to settle for just seeing some great hockey a lot of the time. Good luck against Tampa Bay Thursday night!

techwife
11-05-2007, 06:01 AM
Okay, so Saturday, no Sabres game. :( So, living in a boarder town, a rocks throw from Canada, we turned on the CBC and watched Hockey Night in Canada. There is just something about watching hockey from Canada, when it's two Canadian teams (Toronto and Montreal) that is just pure hockey and so fun to watch. And Don Cherry is such a motor head and so fun to watch. He used to be the coach to the Amerks (AHL) when I was a kid living in Rochester.

Anyhow...just had to share that with you guys. Sabres tonight!!

babenwaiting
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Good day to all, and glad to hear you enjoyed the CBC Saturday night, techwife. Wish I could get the CBC and Don Cherry. He's fun, no matter who's playing hockey. The year we won The Cup, he had said the Hurricanes wouldn't do as well as they did (:p!!!), and because of a bet, he ended up having to go on the air in a white bathrobe and red wig, like our Mike Commodore fans! Such a good sport ...

The Canes lost to the Florida Panthers in a ridiculously-called game last Wednesday night in Florida. I don't mind losing so much, except when we have to play the refs, too. :mad: But we came back and stomped them here at the RBC Center Saturday night so all is good. Tonight we play the Washington Capitals here which should be a blast (I'll be there! :) ) Get to see Ovechkin and Semin and Chris Clark. The Washington fans who come down are a lot of fun, and it's a great atmosphere.

Let's go, Hurricanes!!!

ThePrettyOne
11-06-2007, 09:40 AM
ThePrettyOne, you have a great attitude, and that's how I try to look at the games, as well ... It is amazing how differently a team can play from one night to the next. So I try to prepare for anything.

Hehe, thanks :) And I KNOW, that's exactly how I feel. Any team playing today can win 8 games in a row, then be shut out 7-0 outta nowhere by a lesser team, and I love it :) We all have bad days and goalies are no different!

I also try to avoid all confrontation regarding hockey because I can get very defensive....as if I, myself, created and trained the Islanders :lol: It's hard to avoid here on the island with the VICIOUS Islanders/Rangers rivalry.....I mean, it's nasty :lol:

babenwaiting
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
OKAY ........ my latest update, and I'm smiling ... :D We beat the Washington Capitals last night 5-0, and what a fun game to attend. We had a blast!

Happy to see your smiling face, ThePrettyOne. Looking at the standings, the Atlantic Division is as tight as a drum, isn't it? These team rivalries can be lots of fun but at times, really nasty. The Hurricanes have a bitter rivalry with the Sabres, especially since the run to the Cup two years ago, and our longtime fans will also *dis* the NJ Devils, the Montreal Canadiens, and something is building with the Florida Panthers ... That team and their coach can really whine, and we're tired of it! :mad: We play them in Florida (we're coming, Jolli-yukky!) next Monday, and we're talking about it already! :)

Thursday night, we play Tampa Bay ... whom we like (well, not their coach) ... except when we're playing them! :D

GO 'CANES!!!

techwife
11-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Big news...two of our better players are 'out indefinitely', Connolly and Mair, with an ankle problem and a strained abdomen. This year just gets more and more dismal.

ThePrettyOne
11-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Islanders beat the Rangers 3-2 last night in an insane game! Back to #1 baby!

On another note, I hit my Thanksgiving mini-goal of 5lbs I set back in August. Officially 138.00lbs :) :)

techwife
11-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Islanders beat the Rangers 3-2 last night in an insane game! Back to #1 baby!

On another note, I hit my Thanksgiving mini-goal of 5lbs I set back in August. Officially 138.00lbs :) :)

Wicked cool on the met mini-goal!! :woohoo: I saw some of that game last night...I miss Drury... :(

babenwaiting
11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
ThePrettyOne, so happy for you for making your goal! :balloons: just for you! :)

Techwife, do you have some good news for us regarding your game with the Bruins tonight? (My lips are sealed! ;))

Tampa Bay has beaten Florida so am hoping they will be real tired tomorrow night when they play my 'Canes! :D

techwife
11-08-2007, 05:41 AM
Techwife, do you have some good news for us regarding your game with the Bruins tonight? (My lips are sealed! ;))

YES!...OT win...goal scored by MacArthur who is one of the Rochester Amerks filling in for one of our half dozen injured players!! I was trying not to cry, but I was so happy for him. How exciting is THAT?!!

ThePrettyOne
11-08-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks girlies :) Hrrrrm, what will the next goal be! Maybe another 5lbs by Christmas??? Yes! I'm a very slow loser and proud of it!

babenwaiting
11-09-2007, 10:37 AM
:(:(:( Reporting in, with no smile today! Tampa Bay Lightning came in last night, played their butts off and kicked ours, 5-1. It was as though all the Hurricanes lost their get-up-and-go, and didn't find it until the beginning of the third period!!! :mad:

At least, the darned Ottawa Senators finally lost their second one, to the Washington Caps 1-4 (who we had skunked Monday night ... hockey!!! :dizzy: Go figure ... ) So we did not lose any ground in the Eastern Conference standings behind them (we're second.)

Tomorrow's another game as the Atlanta Thrashers come in here ...

GO 'CANES!!!

aymster
11-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Sabres got spanked 3-0 by the Make-Believes...

We're #....... 14....... in the Eastern Conference! :mad: C'mon Lindy, get those boys motivated!!!

techwife
11-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Sabres got spanked 3-0 by the Make-Believes...

We're #....... 14....... in the Eastern Conference! :mad: C'mon Lindy, get those boys motivated!!!

No kidding!! Its just depressing...but they did play well with lots of pipe dinging...if those had all gone in, it would have been a different story for sure!

Tonight, I think, it off to Boston. I hope we win...Boston already has enough to celebrate with the Sox and the Patriots (cheaters and mommy leavers!).

GO SABRES!!

babenwaiting
11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Hurricanes 5, Thrashers 3 tonight. We looked asleep in the first period but came out charging after that. Roddy Brind'Amour had 2 goals! YAY ... Captain! Next on Monday ... the Florida Panthers down there, and how we DO detest that team ...

GO HURRICANES! MAKE OLLI WHINE!!!

babenwaiting
11-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi hockey fans ... The Hurricanes beat the Panthers last night 4-3, but not without a horrible scare! Erik Cole was knocked into the goaltender headfirst, and lay face-down for the longest time, not moving, and we were so afraid he had re-fractured that broken neck from a couple of years ago! :( He was taken out on a stretcher ... Thank God, the CT scan shows things normal, and we're hoping it was just a bad stinger, that will leave him with no residual effects but a sore neck for awhile.

So the importance of the game pales when you see a player down like that! He was released and has flown on to Tampa with the team, with the team doctors keeping an eye on him. That part of his body will always be vulnerable, but he says he will play anyway as he can't imagine doing anything else.

So, we play Tampa Bay tomorrow night ... so GO 'CANES, and BE WELL, ERIK!!!

How's everybody else's boys doing?

ThePrettyOne
11-14-2007, 09:29 AM
Isles lost 2-3 in a great game against the Flyers Monday. A little sloppy.....but that's not aways a bad thing :) Tomorrow it's the Penguins and I'm really looking forward to that one!

I cant' wait until we actually start PLAYING!! We've played something like 14 games while everyone else is at 18-19!

techwife
11-16-2007, 07:32 AM
Bad news...we played Ottawa last night and we lost.

Good news...no Sabres were harmed or maimed during the game.

Montreal is up tonight. What a dismall year...

babenwaiting
11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi hockey people ... I'm still feeling a little ill, as the Hurricanes played THE WORST game against Tampa Bay Wednesday. They have beaten us six games in a row; boy, do they have our number!!! I think we're still third in the NHL ... but not for long, if we play like that! We have major injuries, so maybe when a couple of those guys get back in, it'll be different ... maybe tonight! (Beat Atlanta .... Go 'Canes!)

techwife
11-16-2007, 11:12 PM
:woohoo:

babenwaiting
11-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Techwife, glad to see your smile tonight! :) However, I don't have one! :mad: We just lost to Atlanta 2-0, and stunk!!! Tomorrow night is Ugly Olli and his Florida Panthers, one of my least favorite teams. Should they beat us here at home at the RBC, I will heave! :mad:

babenwaiting
11-18-2007, 12:15 AM
WAY TO GO, 'CANES!!!

I won't have to heave, people! The 'Canes beat Florida tonight 2-1, and, of course, I missed the game. Had planned to go, then didn't ... of course, it would be one of their best! :o

So now it'll be the Flyers in here Wednesday ... let's go, 'Canes!!!

babenwaiting
11-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey there hockey fans! :carrot:

We're falling down on the job on our thread here!!! So busy for Thanksgiving that I've been off the computer ... so how are your guys doing?

The Carolina Hurricanes have been slumping (lost last 3 of 4 games), but we're still #4 in the NHL in points. Tonight we play the Flyers who sliced and diced us last week!

LET'S GO, 'CANES! LET'S HAVE SOME PAYBACK FOR LAST WEEK! GO, 'CANES!!!

techwife
11-29-2007, 07:55 AM
I wasn't saying anything because we WERE on a winning streak, until last night against St. Louis, and I didn't want to jinx it.

Babe: Saturday night...its ON!! :woohoo: May the best team win!!

ThePrettyOne
11-29-2007, 09:14 AM
Islanders beat the Senators last night in a shootout! God what a great game. Everyone pegged them to lose and they pulled through!!!

Tonight....it's NY Islanders vs NY Rangers!!! :devil::devil:

babenwaiting
11-29-2007, 10:43 AM
UGH! The Flyers got us again last night, 3-1. We have to re-group from all the injuries, and get our season going again! Florida is only 4 points behind us in the Southeast, and we are now tied for 5th in overall points in the NHL. It isn't panic time yet, but we're gettin' there! :(

Washington is coming tomorrow night (still debating whether to go to the game), and they've beaten us twice this season, I think. And then we go to Buffalo (now looking real good) on Saturday, and we just can't lose in your house, Techwife! :o As you say, let the hardest working team win Saturday night (please, hockey Angels, please let it be us! :^: )

ThePrettyOne, your guys are looking good, and I was happy to see them take Ottawa last night.

GO 'CANES!

techwife
11-29-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm always happy to see a team take out Ottawa! Especially the Sabres!

Babe: We lost last night, but have no games now until Saturday night. This can either work for us or against us (by US, I mean Sabres fans)...either we'll be well rested and play like hockey gods or we'll be 'off our game' and play like the Bills. Good luck! It's sure to be a great game!

Have you hockey fans been voting for the All Star break?

babenwaiting
12-01-2007, 12:46 PM
:o:devil::?::dizzy::o

Techwife, I am so nervous about OUR GAME tonight! I went to see my guys play last night, and we beat the Washington Capitals 4-3, but boy, was it a nail-biter!!! Oven-Chicken (Ovechkin :D) almost got another hat-trick on us this game, but he "only" managed two! Hate to admit it, but that boy CAN play. So we'll see who has braggin' rights tomorrow, huh?

GO HURRICANES!!! BEAT THE SABRES!!!

(Make them whine like Olie!!! Jokinen, I mean! :D)

babenwaiting
12-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Techwife, at least I'm a little happy for you. :^: That you could enjoy that God-awful game ............ That was a horrible game from the 'Canes, and I think at least one major forward is going to be on the Block after tonight. I don't know what the h*** is wrong with them ... :(

techwife
12-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Personally, I was battling between elation for my team and angst for the poor backup goalie that, although is in a Hurricanes jersey, is clearly not Cam Ward. He must have felt totally humiliated and I felt bad for him. On the other hand...It was the HURRICANES...and we beat their PANTS off!! :woohoo:

How long is Cam Ward expected to be out? Your team will be back to being fabulous once he's back. He's a great goalie. Of course, I'm saying this from one friend to another, I would never admit that to just any ordinary Canes fan. ;)

Next stop for us...GARY...ANAHIEM!! BETTER GET YOUR TICKETS AND START DRIVING TO THE RINK NOW...I HEAR THE TRAFFIC IS REDICULOUS!!

babenwaiting
12-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Techwife, believe it or not, Cam Ward is JUST FINE! Laviolette has been playing Grahame every now and then to keep him "sharp," and he's looked pretty good in some games but OMG, last night ... :( And it wasn't just Grahame, it was most of the team. Every time we've gotten going this year, we'd have a bad/freak injury to a key player, and have to change up the lines, and the team has not adjusted well. Every team has to deal with that now and then, and it's our turn to have a freakish amount of it.

We've got some high-paid talent, and a couple of them will be leaving town, I'm sure. :mad:

As I said above, I did think of you last night, so didn't feel 100% grim. :dizzy:

techwife
12-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Well, it was sweet...but after goals 7 & 8 I started to wish it were the Sens we were beating so badly. As much as I dislike the Canes...and you know why...I really, REALLY dislike the Sens. They've lost, like, 6 games in a row lately! How sick it that???

It just occurred to me that since the Sabres are going out west, the next three games are starting at TEN O'CLOCK!! By the time the game is over, it'll be time to get up to get the kids off to school!! What a bummer!

techwife
12-04-2007, 06:55 AM
Hurricanes 4, Rangers 0. That even makes ME feel good!!

ThePrettyOne
12-04-2007, 09:29 AM
babe.....that win over the Senators must have taken it all out of us, because since that night, the Islanders have been in a slump. Though it was an amazing game! Since then, we even lost a game to the Rangers...and that NEVER happens :lol:

I have VIP box tickets to the Islanders/Penguins game on the 15th and it should be a great one!!!! :)

babenwaiting
12-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Hey ladies ... :sunny:

I will re-post what Techwife did, except like this:

HURRICANES 4, RANGERS 0

How sweet it is, after that 8-1 drubbing from Buffalo Saturday night! :mad: After that, it was either lay down and die on the ice, or get back up and play like the REAL Hurricanes!

Techwife, you say, "As much as I dislike the Canes...and you know why...I really, REALLY dislike the Sens." I don't know why you dislike my 'Canes and I don't want to hear why, and I won't subject YOU to why I don't like Buffalo, deal? I want us to enjoy being hockey buddies on here, and with the 'Canes/Sabres being arch-enemies, that's an accomplishment. The next time we meet (Feb. or March?) oughta be a real hoo-doo, though, huh? :D

That game against the Rangers last night was GREAT, and after we got up 2-0, their fans were booing their own team; at 3-0, the fans were leaving en masse, can you believe?

ThePrettyOne, I love when anybody beats the Senators. They're coming in here on Dec. 12, and I can hardly wait. Gosh, I hope the 'Canes are hot that night! You know the Islanders come in to the RBC on New Year's Eve, and I'll be there! :D Enjoy your game with the Penguins ... how "VIP"ish is your box? The best I've sat is Club Level, with waiters, and if I could do just that EVERY game, I'd be happy! :)

At least, today, we are #4 in the NHL ...

GO 'CANES! TAMPA BAY NEXT! CRUSH 'EM!

ThePrettyOne
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I get them from a vendor at my office. They found out I was a huge fan so they throw them my way whenever they have a spare set. Waiter service, private TV's, big plush red velvet seats. Best part is not having to sit on the persons lap next to you :lol: They are not the sky boxes high up, they are right in the middle, on the wall that separated the 200 and 300 tier. Prime game watching real estate!! :)

techwife
12-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Techwife, you say, "As much as I dislike the Canes...and you know why...I really, REALLY dislike the Sens." I don't know why you dislike my 'Canes and I don't want to hear why, and I won't subject YOU to why I don't like Buffalo, deal? I want us to enjoy being hockey buddies on here, and with the 'Canes/Sabres being arch-enemies, that's an accomplishment. The next time we meet (Feb. or March?) oughta be a real hoo-doo, though, huh? :D
]

Hey, Babe...it's nothing personal, but I think anyone holds on to a bit of a grudge for the team beats them out of the playoffs...especially when they got so....darn....close!! :( The beginning of the year was sort of a train wreck that year, and then they came around...got into the playoffs...and then met the CANES and were sent packing to their respective golf courses. And, that year, we had a thread for hockey fans and there was this Canes fan that was just belligerent to us Sabres fans...rubbing it in...saying the Sabres cheated if they did well, the Sabres sucked if they did bad. I really couldn't stand that woman and it left a horrible taste in my mouth. I really felt bad the other night after, like, 6 goals. I hate when that happens to the sabres and would never rub it in. How awesome it must have felt to have that shutout right after!! :carrot: I was really happy for you to see that...but there will always be that little :s: part of me that loves to see them lose, too, for that woman that used to be on the boards here. But not as much as the Sens!! :devil: You are a much nicer Canes fan and are helping me to dislike them less and less :hug:

TOmorrow night, we play in Anahiem...our goalie (Ryan Miller) gets to play against his little brother (Drew Miller)! Should be fun!!

babenwaiting
12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Thanks, Techwife! :hug: I guess we have to forgive those who get too overwrought during hockey play-offs, etc. The darned games get just too exciting at times! :) I don't like Chris Pronger AT ALL, so hope it goes well for you in Anaheim tomorrow night. The Senators just lost their 7th game in a row, to Tampa Bay! Hopefully, Tampa lost some of their juice and won't come at us so hard on Thursday night. They've beaten us two out of three games this season, though we took the last one.

ThePrettyOne, your VIP seat sounds great ... I'd join you! :)

shantroy
12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I'm new around here, but I LOVE hockey! My dad has had season tickets to the Calgary Flames since the early 80's. My first word was "flames," seriously. At that moment I became my dad's favourite child.

Flames beat St. Louis 3-1 last night!!!!. It was about time we won something!

Super excited aboutThursday, Flames vs. Penguins. Can't wait to see Crosby. To make it even better, my dad's tickets are front row! I'm super excited.

GO FLAMES GO!

babenwaiting
12-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Welcome to our little hockey thread, shantroy! Nice to meet another hockey fan ... :) Crosby is really something, though I do get a little tired of the Crosby worship when the games are broadcast. I want to scream, "There's other wonderful players out there!" :mad: But he's great for the game, and I do appreciate him.

So you beat St. Louis last night ... I have to say that one of my favorite players plays for them ... Doug Weight! He helped Carolina win the Cup in 2006, and we wished we could have kept him. To us, he will always be a 'Cane ... :^: Your Flames are doing pretty well this year!

We're happy to have you on our thread. Drop in often! :tree:

techwife
12-05-2007, 08:10 PM
The Flames are my favorite Western team. I don't really get to see them play, but during the playoffs, I liked how every single person in the crowd, it seemed, had on a red jersey with a big ole flaming C in the middle. It was a sea of red. No fans are truer fans than Canadian fans.

techwife
12-07-2007, 06:14 AM
:barf:

I can't even post the score. Babe: I said I felt bad for you and the other Canes fans (except for the awful woman from a couple years ago)...but now I don't have to empathise....I know exactly how you felt with 8 goals scored against your team.

Bring my boys home!! I think the salty, warm air and palm trees are throwing them off their game!! Or maybe the SMOG!! :lol:

ThePrettyOne
12-07-2007, 09:47 AM

I can't even post the score. Babe: I said I felt bad for you and the other Canes fans (except for the awful woman from a couple years ago)...but now I don't have to empathise....I know exactly how you felt with 8 goals scored against your team.

That's already happened twice to the Isles this season. I'm familiar with the feeling :lol:

Last game Isles played ended in a shootout, not resulting in the Isles favor :( However tonight is a new game and a new chance to win!!

babenwaiting
12-07-2007, 12:17 PM
:barf: :tantrum: :?:

Hey there ladies ... :(

Not doing too well, are we? Techwife, I kept thinking about you last night after I watched our LOSING game, and later checked other scores on espn.com. Man, what happened to my 'Canes who beat the Rangers Monday??? Eric Staal has got to start earning his money! :mad: I HATE Tampa Bay, and Lecavalier and St. Louis (and wished those two played for the 'Canes ... :D) They've beaten us 3 of 4 this year, and I admit they've got a better team, much as it pains me!

Oh, well ... it's a new day! Come on out, REAL 'Canes, for our game with Montreal tomorrow night!

babenwaiting
12-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I have just one thing to say ...

WE HOCKEY FANS ON THIS THREAD NEED SOME WINS THIS WEEKEND, DANG IT!!!

GO 'CANES!!!

babenwaiting
12-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Hurricanes 5, Canadiens 1 (9th time we've beaten them in a row at Bell Centre!)

The Islanders have beaten Tampa in OT, so now, Buffalo, let's make it three (San Jose) for Techwife!!!

techwife
12-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Buffalo 7....Sharks 1
:dance::cb::cp::hat::dancer:

All three of our teams won this weekend :high:

babenwaiting
12-09-2007, 11:39 AM
OKAY!!! Now that was some satisfying hockey last night ... YES!!!

OKAY, today is another day. The 'Canes beat Montreal last night, and 22 hours later, have to play the dreaded Detroit Red Wings ... 5 p.m. today. Sadly, I can only listen on the radio as it won't be televised here. (That's how important ACC college basketball is on Tobacco Road ... the Maryland/Boston College game will be shown on FoxSports instead! :mad: Love basketball, but NOT when it isn't a local team playing and they don't show my 'Canes!!!)

OKAY, Hockey Gods, one more time ... :D

GO 'CANES, BEAT THE RED WINGS! SKATE FASTER, HIT HARDER ... SCORE MORE!!!

techwife
12-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Babe: I'll be counting on your Canes to beat the Sens on Wednesday.

on the other hand...PrettyOne...may the best team win the same night!:high:

ThePrettyOne
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
FINALLY, the Isles got one!! Took us OT to get it, but a win no less :lol:

Haha, oh Wednesday should be an interesting one!! :crossed:

babenwaiting
12-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey ladies ... Sorry to say the Red Wings got us 5-2 yesterday (should have been 4-2, as their first goal was a gift! :mad:) We only really lost it in the last three minutes; but with only 19 hours between games, we just ran out of gas. But overall, Cam Ward was amazing, and Erik Cole looked like his old self, so I can live with the loss.

Techwife, I watched your Sabres play Boston tonight on VS. That's the pits when you lose one like that at home. The 'Canes will try to beat those Senators for you on Wednesday night. I'll be there ... picked up tickets today. :)

ThePrettyOne, congrats on your OT win. And, ladies, may the hardest working team prevail in Buffalo on Wednesday! :D

techwife
12-11-2007, 07:44 AM
45 shots on goal and we only snuck one past the goalie. That's just plain great defense on the Boston side.

I'm getting used to losing. Up next the Islanders :s:

ThePrettyOne
12-11-2007, 09:24 AM
It's gonna be a show down! :lol:

I watched the Devils (#5 team) lose to the Caps last night......the Caps are in last place and they made the win look easy. Just goes to show you that each and every game is always up in the air!

techwife
12-13-2007, 06:28 AM
Pretty One...don't look while I say...

:woohoo:

Next stop, Washington to play oVECHkin (remember that commercial from last All Star season with Crosby?)

Tonight you guys both play Western teams...the Flames and the Coyotes? Why don't these teams ever seem to come to Buffalo? We have to go out west and have our butts handed to us on a platter.

Okay....good luck, guys!

Pretty One...I know what you mean about each and every game is a crap shoot. When the Sabres went out west and played the Kings, we were like, no problem ... and they gave us the roto-rooter treatment! Then I thought...what will happen to us with the SHARKS? And we creamed them. Go figure!

ThePrettyOne
12-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Haha I knew you'd be the first one on here this morning! The game was weird. It looked like the Islanders were dominating in the beginning, then a period and a half later, we're down 3-0. I left the house (had to pick up something at UPS between 8:30-9:00), when I came back, a couple minutes into the 3rd and the score is 5-3. I was only gone for half a period and I missed the whole game!

Yep, we have the Coyotes tonight. Then Saturday I'm going to the Penguins game! Sadly, the Penguins will probably beat us...but you didn't hear me say that!!!! :)

babenwaiting
12-13-2007, 10:14 AM
OMG, what a horrible joke last night was! My guys did not even bother to play so the Senators destroyed us 6-0! :( And I payed to see that one! :mad: Geesh ... Eric Staal, you're making about $6M a year ... EARN IT!

Techwife, I know you're happy today. ThePrettyOne, you never know ... maybe pretty Sidney will be a little off his game Saturday night, and you'll get one past him! :) You know, maybe dreaming of Santa coming or something ... :hohoho:

babenwaiting
12-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi ladies, :ginger:

The 'Canes had painful ones with the Senators and Flames, but we DID beat the Flyers in an incredible game on Saturday night, 6-5 in a shootout, with Captain Brind 'Amour sticking it to his old team for the win! BEAUTIFUL ... :D We're still leading the Southeast Division by a few points, but our play must get more consistent!!!

How's everybody's guys doing? ThePrettyOne, we're preparing to get you on New Year's Eve. :devil: The Maple Leafs are coming into town tomorrow night, and I'll be there.

GO 'CANES!!! BEAT THE LEAFS!!!

ThePrettyOne
12-18-2007, 09:25 AM
We tried to pull out a win against the Pens on Saturday but just couldn't do it. We lost 3-2. Though at least we got into some good fights at the bar afterwards (I was at the game)....found some angry Pen fans and egged them on. Gotta love it!!

I'm going this Saturday as well, to the Caps game, me and 3 of my girlfriends have Promenade seats again! :)

1hothockeymom
12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Sorry to jump in here, I would love to watch pro-hockey, but I'm ALWAYS at my daughters hockey games (or practice, or fund raiser for our league, or board of directors meeting). So I get to watch hockey at the Squirt level. :joker: and if I'm really really really lucky, I get to catch our high school team. When they're at home and I'm not away in any part of the state at a game.

I do have to say though Hockey is the best sport ever. It is true what they say, "If it were easy, they'd call it basketball!"

techwife
12-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Pretty One: It's the Sabres against the Islanders again tonight. This time in your neck of the woods!! :woohoo:

ThePrettyOne
12-19-2007, 12:53 PM
OMG this is the first time I didn't realize when a game was on! I have the schedule stuck in my wallet, and plastered on my office wall. I've been so crazy at work lately, and planning for all the games I'm attending this month, I didn't even pay attention! Now I have something to look forward to :) Supposed to go to Holiday Happy Hour with the guys from work, we may have have to extend it to catch the game :) Hey, don't have to force me into that! :cheers:

ThePrettyOne
12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Well, we lost. But we put forth a valiant effort! :lol: I knew that Sabres power play in the last 4 minutes of the game when we were already tied 1-1 was going to end badly :( Islanders are known for getting penalties at inopportune times, like the end of the game with a tie score :lol:

Friday we play the Penguins....I'm not very hopeful about that one :lol: Then me and my girls are headed to the Caps game on Saturday! That will be fun, win or lose, but winning will make it better :)

babenwaiting
12-20-2007, 10:24 AM
:hohoho: Good golly Miss Molly, my Hurricanes have a winning streak of TWO!!! We beat the Maple Leafs in a bizarro win Tuesday night (I was there ... yay!!!!!), where my guys played well the first half of the first period, then didn't start playing again until the last 90 seconds of regulation, and then won it in overtime!!! 3-2 ... What a lot of fun to go Christmas week! :hohoho:

We have our tickets for New Year's Eve against the Islanders. For now, it's the Florida Panthers down there tonight but I'll be watching on TV ...

GO 'CANES!!! MAKE OLIE WHINE!

techwife
12-23-2007, 11:46 AM
:woohoo: All three of our teams won!! :woohoo:

And the Sabres beat the Flyers two nights in a row! GO SABRES!!

babenwaiting
12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey girlies, my guys finally managed to beat Tampa Bay at the St. Pete Times Forum (TB had won the last 13 out of 20!) 4-1 last night! So that's the last 3 out of 4 games we've won.

Sadly, our Justin Williams has a leg injury that will keep him out 4 - 6 months! :( So the other guys are really going to have to turn it up a notch!!!

Happy for you guys that your teams won last night, as well! TPO, are we ready for New Year's Eve yet??? :D Gonna get ya!

Hope you all have a great Christmas Eve tomorrow! :tree:

ThePrettyOne
12-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, we killed the Penguins 4-2 Friday night, then went onto beat the Caps 3-2 in OT Saturday night! I love attending games thay go into OT, so exciting! Way to go Islanders! If only we can keep it up! :)

Tonight is the Leafs!! :)

techwife
12-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm so excited we swept Philly. The last game was in Philly and we tied up with a Vanek goal with seconds to spare...then won in a shootout!! :woohoo: I needed a DRINK after that game!!

ThePrettyOne
12-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh baby, we defeated the Leafs 4-3 in OT last night! :high:

Tonight....the Senators!! We may need a little :wizard: to pull off a win, but we defeated them last time we met. So I am optimistic! :crossed:

EZMONEY
12-29-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH I know this is about hockey...how are my Ducks doing by the way? Anyhow...I know WE love Peyton but OMG!! TOM BRADY!! WOW!! WOW!!! What a QB!! What a game tonight! 16-0 baby...like I really care but OMG...what a QB!!..........my son met Frank Reich day before yesterday, here in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl game...remember him?

techwife
01-01-2008, 12:17 PM
45 minutes!!

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=MediaGalleryPlayer&galleryId=3950

babenwaiting
01-01-2008, 05:36 PM
techwife, that was an amazing game!!! So beautiful ... like a winter wonderland. I wish they'd do that every New Year's Day! The NHL must be thrilled with the way that came off ... I watched every minute, and thought of you! Both teams deserved to win, if you know what I mean. OMG, what tough or (drunk or numb) fans to sit out in that weather for that long!!! :D My favorite moment was when Orpik was sent sailing through the air ... couldn't have happened to a more-deserving guy! :mad: (He broke Erik Cole's neck, remember?) The commercial with Ryan Miller is hilarious!!! (The Yo-Mama one? Didn't you love it? :D)

The 'Canes are now the walking wounded, and it's showing. I was at the game with the Islanders last night, and the 2nd & 3rd were just embarrassing. We are leading the SE Div. by 4 points, but it can't be for long. So many who really matter are injured ... I have tickets to the Atlanta game tomorrow night, and I almost dread it! :(

techwife
01-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Well, it would have been better if we'd won. But it was fun to watch, anyway. During the third period, my husband says, "Watch we go to a shootout and Crosby gets to be the hero and wins the game." I loved that ad with Miller, too. I almost missed it because I kept switching to CBC...I hate NBC announcers. They never get the names right and I think once they said, "Here in Boston!" I mean, come on. ESPN called Ales Kotalik RICHARD Kotalik and today they called Paul Gaustad MARK Gaustad. I started the game feeling really good, like, 'wow...this is really great exposure for Buffalo!" and eventually, somewhere in the third I realized it was all just a background for Cindy Crosby. Its all NBC talked about, like the rest of the players were just a bunch of trees standing around. Drove me nuts...especially when he won the game. Bleh.

Regarding the crazy fans...I've been to that stadium so many times and NEVER on a sunny day. One day I watched the Bills play the Jets and the rim on my hat needed a rain gutter...the rain was dripping off like an awning on a rainy day. One game against the Raiders, I was in the very top row of the upper deck and the temperature on the field was minus 14!! I was going against my 6th grade health teacher's warning to not drink rum to stay warm...a couple of old men in front of us kept giving us swigs off their bottle. :lol: I survived, but probably wouldn't have done that in this day and age.

Anyway...great game...but I strongly dislike Crosby for the time being. Its just pure, honest-to-goodness jealousy. He's like....Disney's hockey player. The Justin Timberlake of the NHL.

babenwaiting
01-01-2008, 11:34 PM
techwife, I feel your pain about *Cindy!* (I'd sell a body part to get him for Carolina! :devil: ) Well, Ryan Miller got the best commercial though! You know I'm not a Sabres fan, but I like Ryan so much ... your guys are lucky to have him! It was pretty much the Crosby show but at least they talked about Ryan some but absolutely nobody else. They also called JORDON Staal, "Jared" ... (his much younger brother!)

I think it was great exposure for Buffalo, and showed what a lot of heart your fans have ... and I think they have fur under their clothes, too, to sit out in that snow & sleet! :D Maybe they'll do it again next year, and you'll win that one!!!

Now, say some prayers for the 'Canes against the Thrashers tomorrow night. Just found out about two more injuries, including Wallin's groin pull from last night. I swear I'm going to have to offer to play for them! :o

techwife
01-02-2008, 06:32 AM
Well, actually, I'd like to see Ovechkin on the Sabres...in my wildest dreams! He looks like a wife-beater, but that's a good quality in a hockey player. Not actually BEING a wife-beater but looking like one. I have to say, though, I'd definitely like Cindy better if he were in blue and gold, THAT's for sure.

Now that I'm over it...it really was a great game. Good luck tonight with the Thrashers. It should be an easy one for Carolina and you guys really need a good win! I feel your pain with that, too!! :(

I really like Miller, too. If goalies could be captains, he would be wearing the C for us. He's a great leader and an excellent role model for the little guys. I don't live in Buffalo anymore, but I hear he's out and about all the time and is super nice to everyone. :)

ThePrettyOne
01-03-2008, 12:53 PM
I missed the bulk of the MYE game but heard it was a good one....well for the Islanders at least. We need the wins though!!

babenwaiting
01-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Hey Hockey Buddies :) ... where have we all been? Speaking for myself, the 'Canes have been struggling so badly with injuries and horrible flu that we managed to lose our lead in the SE division for a couple of days, to Atlanta, just got it back tonight in our 7-2 whipping of the Oilers!!! :D

Thank you, Techwife's Buffalo, for taking Atlanta out behind the woodshed tonight ... 10-1!!! OMG ... so glad you did that favor for us! :p

ThePrettyOne, with the way we've been struggling I've been worried about seeing your guys this coming Monday and Tuesday. May the hardest workers win! :dizzy: I may be at the game Tuesday!

GO 'CANES!!!

aymster
01-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Are the Sabres still playing Hockey? I thought they got booted out of the league for being "pretend" professionals... :devil:

EZ--> I remember Frank Reich! I was at that game that is the greatest comeback in NFL history when we beat the (then) Oilers! ;)

... those were the days... sniff, sniff... :(

techwife
01-20-2008, 04:25 PM
How good it felt to Thrash the Thrashers!! Two hat tricks in one game!! Then, back to the same ole, same ole in Toronto, getting out butts kicked again. I wish we could have saved some of the ten goals from Friday night and used them last night. Oh, well...

Anyone looking forward to the All Stars stuff?

ThePrettyOne
01-23-2008, 09:36 AM
How crazy was that Hurricanes game last night??? Islanders had 3 short handed goals. I'm sure the Canes coach was fuming in THAT locker room!!!

techwife
01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm just so depressed...I'm just thinking trade deadline, UFA's and next year. We're done.

But I'm still a fan...just a sad one is all...

Check out my etsy store, you guys! Go to Etsy.com and type in New England Patriots and either my sweater or hat will pop up. My store name is Tiny Tuques and you can see all my stuff I've made. Sports hats and sweaters for babies. I'm working on a Senator's sweater/hat set right now and will work on Detriot next.

C-ya!!

babenwaiting
01-23-2008, 05:48 PM
ThePrettyOne, that was a sad sight for Caniacs last night ... I was at the game, and we couldn't believe what we were seeing! :o The shorties shouldn't have happened, and Cam should have stopped at least one of them! (I liked the game from MSG Monday though! :) )

UGH, what a year!!! We're (barely) leading the Division but it doesn't feel like it! I feel your pain, techwife! It's not fun when you don't know what kind of team will show up each night. I'm sure next year's 'Canes will look different than the team we have at the moment ...

Okay, ladies ... cheers! May the best team win SOMETHING!

babenwaiting
01-28-2008, 09:39 AM
I haven't watched the All-Star Game yet ... have it on DVR ... but the 'Canes' Eric Staal had two goals, an assist and won MVP for the night. Way to go, Eric! OMG, something good from this season, techwife! :o How will I stand it? :D What a strange year??? Tomorrow night, we play the Rangers whom I WISH we'd destroy (after their hit on Matt Cullen a few weeks ago) ... but we'll see.

GO 'CANES!!!

techwife
01-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Babe: You totally have my permission to lay waste to the Rangers...even Chris Drury. I know the feeling about the mvp thing. My Danny Briere won it last year, but it gave me a flicker of regret knowing it would bring attention to him and with him on the open market in July, I knew it was the beginning of the end of him with the Sabres.

By the way...you guys would LOVE a shop I started on Etsy. I know I'm not supposed to advertise any online stores here, but it's just so you can see the pictures because mine are always too big because I have a mac. Its a love/hate thing with my mac. Anyways, if you go to Etsy.com and type in Carolina Hurricanes in the search, you'll be very surprised to see what me and my crochet hook made!! My shop's name is Tiny Tuques. I think I'm going to get carpal tunnel from crocheting so much!! Take a look around at all the team colors. Today I think I might work on the Jets, but first I have to clean my house. :rolleyes:

babenwaiting
01-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Techwife, I LOVE that little hat, but I don't have a baby to buy it for! What I would love is one for MYSELF like that ... :D I have this big head, and never find hats to fit. A few times a year here, it actually gets cold enough to need to wear a hat like that (not like in Buffalo, where, I'll bet you wear one A LOT!)

Lucky for us, Eric Staal has a LONG contract with the 'Canes! Rutherford was no fool, after we won the 'Cup. Eric said the funniest thing after he won MVP/the car ... said maybe he'd have it sent on to his parents in Canada so maybe he'd be the favorite for at least a little while ... :)

babenwaiting
01-30-2008, 11:06 AM
CAROLINA HURRICANES 3, NEW YORK RANGERS 1

Okay, techwife and theprettyone, we got the Rangers for you last night. WHAT A GAME! The first period had 66 penalty minutes, as our guys showed the Rangers they won't be pushed around! Super-Thugs Orr and Avery were their usual jerk-selves, and got some of their own medicine.

Tomorrow night ... the Maple Leafs come in!

GO, 'CANES!!!

techwife
01-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Take care of the Maple Leafs for us! We're in Florida tonight...we'll take care of them if it matters to anyone!! :lol:

babenwaiting
01-30-2008, 01:00 PM
techwife, tell your guys to feed Olie a puck or two! :D (Just kidding ... but they should give him a few REAL GOOD body-slams!)

techwife
01-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Babe: I think the Sabres gave Olie the flu. He was in for the first period, then was out the rest of the game. But the best news is...

WE WON!!! :woohoo:

babenwaiting
02-01-2008, 11:13 AM
CAROLINA HURRICANES 3, TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS 2 (O.T.)

Okay, almost let that one get away, but it's a win and I'll take it!!! :D

techwife, good for you and your Sabres. I just can't stand Olie and the Panthers! :mad:

GO 'CANES!!!

grapefruitisgrody
02-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Big Red Wings fan here.

:cheer:

techwife
02-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Well, you must be very happy!

I'm getting steamed because MSG keeps not airing our games. I missed the shootout the other night...we lost, but I missed it. :(

techwife
02-07-2008, 09:17 AM
How in the HECK did the Caps go from being bottom feeders to Division Leaders? Wow!!

Such a cool game last night for the Sabres! We beat the Devils in a shootout, but Henrik Tallinder scoring the winning shootout goal! Thing is, Tallinder is a Defense guy, but they decided to use him for the shootout because they had a shootout workshop sort of thing in practice and he turned out to be a great shootout guy. When Brodeur saw him coming, he didn't know what to expect from him and Hank got it in past him!! So cool!! He was so happy!! Those things never happen with a D guy!! And we're back to being playoff contenders!! WOOHOO!!

And the Red Wings are totally sick this year. I wish I were a REd Wings fan!!

babenwaiting
02-07-2008, 10:26 AM
How in the HECK did the Caps go from being bottom feeders to Division Leaders? Wow!!

Techwife, it helps them that three of Carolina's top forwards are now out for the year! :( Justin Williams - knee, Chad LaRose - broken leg (last game) and Matt Cullen - visual concussion symptoms that won't clear up - still hopeful that Matt will come back soon, but worried about it. Our team is decimated by injuries ... so I have no real hope for the playoffs this year, after Washington bumped us out of the standings last night. We just don't have the talent on the ice to do it right now. :mad:

When I saw the scoreboard last night, I thought about you ... and saw that your guys are doing very well again. I thought I'd see your smiling face here soon! :)

techwife
02-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Babe, I feel your pain. We are LUCKY to have a great farm team in Rochester. I don't know the exact statistic, but most of our great players this year are one's brought up from Rochester over the last 2-3 years...Pominville, Roy, Vanek, etc. When we have injuries, we have GREAT juniors to the point of wanting to keep the injured players off the ice and let the juniors stay on.

As far as doing well again...it helps that a lot of the Eastern division lost the last few games.

anyhow...here's hoping we can keep things on the upsweep and your Canes get mended soon!

babenwaiting
02-09-2008, 10:43 AM
techwife, okay, Washington is NO LONGER first in our division ... the 'Canes snatched the lead back last night, with a 2-1 win over them, and we totally shut down *OvenChicken* .... :o Who woulda thunk??? Have to say that what's left of our team played with a fury the whole time. I hope they have a little something left for the Devils tonight! :mad: Get 'em, boys!

I see that Boston sneaked up and got your guys in OT last night. All the races are so tight except for that danged Detroit, of course!!! Those guys need to lose a few! :devil: (I don't like them or their coach but he does have great hair, doesn't he? :D)

techwife
02-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Well, at least we got one point out of it instead of none. Glad the Canes pulled one out of their hat!

techwife
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
:faint: THAT...was awful. I hope the Sabres fans send him lots of cards while he's in Buffalo in the hospital. Last I heard on MSG, he was stable, but in surgery.

But, that was just....plain....awful.

techwife
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Babe: O....M....G You must be so PO'd. I just saw the Sens stole Stillman and COMMODORE!!!. There's always time to jump on board the Sabres train and plenty of room for you since we lost Briere and Drury last summer. :hugs: I feel so bad for you. I hope the Canes were heavily compensated for THAT deal!!

babenwaiting
02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
techwife, I am so heartbroken over losing Stillman, my very favorite player (was going to get his name on my jersey!) and, of course, Commodore is such a part of us! Cory had to waive a NTC, and he loves it here, so it's being rumored that he is going as a "rental" and could be back here in the off-season, and that the same could be the case with Commie.

Doug Weight (St. Louis) and Mark Recchi (then Penguins) came to us that way in early 2006, helped us win the Cup, then went back to their old teams. Thinking they may come back is getting me through the day ... :( I sure hope these new guys show us something, because the Sens got a good deal here!

Thanks for your sympathy ... is your shoulder feeling pretty wet? :?: You're a good hockey buddy!

To another matter, that was such a horrible thing that happened in your game with the Panthers this weekend!!! I'd be so glad that it wasn't a Sabre's skate that cut him because, even though it was an accident, you'd still feel awful! I sure hope he recovers with no recurring problem. Olie must feel so lousy. Hockey is not for the faint of heart ... :o

ThePrettyOne
02-12-2008, 10:04 AM
It's official, the Islanders are not good :lol: :lol:

Regardless, I'm going to the game tonight and the day game on Monday to show some support! :)

techwife
02-13-2008, 07:04 AM
Well, great night for us three!! Islanders won, Hurricanes won (right?) without Commodore or Stillman and with their newly acquired Corvu and Eaves and THE SABRES BEAT THE SENS 5-1!! And, my Thomas Vanek got his first ever hat trick! I've always been proud to wear my Vanek jersey, but now I'm ultra proud. Now the Sabres are #8 in the Eastern Conference. :woohoo:

ThePrettyOne
02-13-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm hurting today! The Islanders pulled out a win, but Andrea fought the bar and the bar won :lol: We missed the first period because we were waiting at the bar for people that had no cell phones, so if we left we would have no way of telling them....they arrived and we finally stumbled over during the first intermission. Went back to the bar after the win for the celebration! :)

Gonna do the same thing for Monday's day game :lol:

techwife
02-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Babe: :grouphug: There's always next year... I can't believe what's happened to your team in one week's time. I would be so mad. :grouphug:

babenwaiting
02-15-2008, 10:14 AM
Thank you, techwife (tears ready to flow, stomach sick) ... :( I can't tell you how I hate Pittsburgh at this moment. Smith and LaRoque sandwiched Brind'Amour between them and got his knee. There was no call but two of our guys went after them shortly after that so I think it was borderline dirty. Earlier this week, one of their guys put Aaron Ward (Bruins, used to be a 'Cane) in the hospital with a neck injury from a *borderline-accidental* high stick, and he's still being evaluated. And it was Orpik from Pittsburgh who broke Erik Cole's neck two years ago! :mad: Hate them! I know things happen in hockey but when the same team is involved week after week ...

I was at the game last night, and with all the injuries, plus losing Roddy, PLUS the flu is in our locker room AGAIN :(, our three more little River Rats got in from Albany about an hour+ before the game ... they played their hearts out, along with the veterans left standing, and we handed Pittsburgh a loss 4-2. I swear it was a miracle; I don't know where our guys "got it." I think they were so mad about Roddy!

I see your guys are in there for the play-offs so far, and I'm happy for you, techwife! :hug: Thanks for your support ... I'm just sick over Roddy but we have to keep truckin'. I love this team too much ... :^:

Hey, ThePrettyOne, nice to see you around here again .... going to be seeing your guys soon!

ThePrettyOne
02-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Islanders get another win last night! I'll miss tomorrows games because of work, but I'll be at the Coliseum Monday, loud and proud!!! Bar opens at 10, game starts at 2....I hope I realize what's happpening by the time 2 rolls around!! :lol:

I finally saw the video of Zednik (Ex-Islander). I didn't realize he was kicked (accidentally of course), I thought he was stepped on. But the video I saw didn't show much, I didn't even see the blood. Though I'm sure it was awful!

babenwaiting
02-17-2008, 12:42 PM
TPO, the 'Canes appreciate your guys whipping Atlanta last night! :D I hope the win took enough out of them that my guys will take the Devils tomorrow without too much problem! :devil: So now, Brind 'Amour is out for the season, and the flu is ravaging our locker room AGAIN, but we have managed to win three in a row ... whew, I was at the game last night, and the place rocked!

You know how visiting teams will often say Raleigh can be the loudest house in the NHL? (It's all that practice, screaming for ACC basketball!) Well, it sure was last night. Our guys were down 4 - 2 in the third, roared back and won, 5 - 4. What an atmosphere! YES, CANES!!!

Techwife, I see your day didn't go well yesterday. :hug: Next week will be better, I'm sure.

GO, 'CANES!

techwife
02-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Yes, it was a bad TWO games back-to-back. We really needed those 4 points! Next game is Wednesday. Maybe a few days for the boys to sit, reflect and think about what they've done :s: will bring us a win!

ThePrettyOne
02-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Oh baby baby three in a row! That game yesterday was great! And I managed to stay sober enough to actually watch it :lol:

Capitals Wednesday and Lightning Thursday. We can do it!!!

I'm eagerly awaiting March and April.....it's when we play the Rangers 4 times in 5 weeks!!!

techwife
02-29-2008, 06:37 AM
So, how are your teams doing? Sabres keep volleying between 9th and 8th place. I LOVE Bernier that we got from the Sharks in exchange for Campbell. He scored two goals and an assist the first night he played for us!! What an exciting presence to come to town. Campbell was a bit overrated...although I'll miss his red hair and sweaty palms (he did a commercial here for hyper hidrosis). But I'm looking forward to some wins and some points so we can step over philly and the rangers once and for all!

By the way...Sabres fans are so rabid they met Bernier at the airport when he came to town and cheered for him when he got off the plane. He said, "I'm going to love playing in a hockey town!" :)

ThePrettyOne
02-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Islanders came off a 7 game losing streak to go into a 6 game winning streak....then we lost the next 2, but won last night. Ups and downs I tell ya! :) We're still hanging in the middle of the conference.

We have a lot of key players (Sutton and Witt are our muscle!) out though....a LOT. Sutton, Sillinger, Bates, Campoli, and Witt.....I honestly can't believe we are winning games without them!

The trade went well for us though. We got rid of 2 players, Chris Simon (the maniac who keeps breaking suspension records by attacking players) and Marc-Andre Bergeron. Personally, I liked him for his wicked slap shot, but he wasn't a crowd favorite. We picked up Davison, a defenseman from the Sharks. He's alright I guess....never heard of him!

techwife
03-07-2008, 06:29 AM
NEXT GAME FOR US: SABRES VS. HURRICANES!!

Seriously, may the best team win, babe. Both of us could really use the two points. How are your Senators trade-offs working out? I quite like Bernier. First game he scored the first two goals and got an assist. He's a pretty good player!

Okay...back to making lunches for the kids!!

GO SABRES!!!

babenwaiting
03-07-2008, 05:53 PM
TechWife, we love our new guys! Corvo is AMAZING, and Eaves has just started playing for us the last few games (shoulder injury) and is looking good. I'd still love to get Stillman back ... BUT that's the pain of hockey, huh? You know your favorite player can go away ... :( Our other newbie, Sergei Samsonov, is INCREDIBLE ... and is really clicking for us. Also, I can't say enough about our little River Rats from Albany ... the AHL guys have come in and saved our butts since all the flu and injuries besieged us.

So, yes, may the hardest-working guys win tomorrow night! Unfortunately, I'm traveling so can't see the game, but I will be listening on the computer!

GO, 'CANES!!! :D

tikanique
03-08-2008, 08:12 PM
My hometown team plays my hometown team tomorrow!!! What's a girl to do? I got it!! GO PRED-WINGS!!!!!

babenwaiting
03-08-2008, 10:08 PM
TechWife ... :hug: I feel for you; I know how I hate to lose!

I knew it would be a barn-burner, and it was! Way to go, 'Canes! :)

techwife
03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
...i hate hockey...

tikanique
03-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Okay so my team beat my team but to show that there were no hard feelings I took me out to dinner and even offered to pick up the tab, so basically we are cool! I can now say Go Red Wings, get that cup!

techwife
03-15-2008, 09:11 AM
Babe: I'm sorry it happened to your Canes, but, man-oh-man....I really needed that!!!

You know, Kaleta is fast becoming my new favorite Sabre. He's actually a call-up from Rochester, but I think he'll have a permanent place on the team come next year. He's such a punk, I love it. I'd absolutely hate him if he were playing against my team, though. And, you know, he grew up in Buffalo and now look at him playing for the Sabres!! He's so good at drawing penalties. He's the most fun new player we've had on the team in a long time. He makes things happen.

Tikanique: If anyone has a shot at that cup, it's the Red Wings!! What a fun year to be their fan!!

techwife
03-17-2008, 05:54 AM
Okay...if Philly loses on Tuesday and the Sabres win on Wednesday, then we're back in the #8 spot...for the time being. Let's keep our fingers crossed!! How sweet it would be to knock Philly out of the playoffs...Philly of all teams. The thugs that stole my Briere!!

Babe: The Canes had a good night last night! And have a comfy lead over the Caps in points. What an improvement from last year!!

Tika: The Wings are pretty much a shoe-in for at least the President's Cup. Next stop, the Stanley Cup!! Must be nice... :( I just want to make the playoffs so we're guaranteed at least four more games.

TPO: I'm sure I'll be joining you in the 'there's always next year' wagon. I'm just trying to be optimistic.

ThePrettyOne
03-17-2008, 11:44 AM
The Islanders are in a shame spiral. We've lost 50% of our top players to injuries and they are playing with mostly minor league guys from the Bridgeport Soundtigers. It's like a curse! I've come to peace with the fact that the playoffs are out of the question at this point. Maybe next year boys!

babenwaiting
03-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey girlies ...

Boy, can this love of hockey turn you inside out!!! :dizzy: Techwife, your Sabres really ripped us in that game last week. I doubt if Laviolette even had them watch films the next day ... probably just told them to go sleep it off! You KNOW how the 'Canes hate to lose to the Sabres (and vice versa!) :o

I am just sick that Matt Cullen is having post-concussion symptoms again!!! :( Our team is doing pretty well, but for how long ............. held together with band-aids, shoe strings and spit??? :(

Oh, well, our new guys and the River Rats from Albany have been coming through for us so I will keep my fingers crossed!!! And PRAY for no more injuries!!!!!!!!!!

So, girls, I feel your pain. I'm praying to the hockey gods that we stay ahead of the Caps and the Panthers, and at least make the play-offs ..... :^:

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY, ALL! :p

babenwaiting
03-19-2008, 09:29 AM
Washington only three points behind us after last night! :( Must, Better, Gotta ....... beat Atlanta tonight!!!

GO 'CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

techwife
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
O...M...G... started the third period Tampa Bay 4, Sabres 1. The game ended Tampa Bay 4, Sabres 7!!! Frikken miracle, that was!! Now we've stepped back over Washington to 9th place. Unless they won against the Blackhawks.

Fingers crossed!!!

techwife
03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
...i hate hockey...

babenwaiting
03-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Hi ladies ... finally getting back to the Board, and hope we can give Oven-Chicken a BAD time tonight, and that all our guys can stay healthy and kick butt at the same time!!!

Okay, Hurricanes!!! Beat the Caps tonight!!! GO 'CANES!!!

babenwaiting
03-28-2008, 09:54 AM
Morning ladies! I'm going to a hockey game tonight. Wonderful game against the Capitals Tuesday, but sadly, we lost it in a shoot-out! :( We are leading the SE Division with 88 pts., Washington has 86, still games to play so we have not CLINCHED a p/o spot yet. With such parity in the Eastern conference, everybody so close in points ... it ain't over til it's over! :o

So tonight we SO need to beat Atlanta, who is out of p/o contention but can spoil!

Where are you, techwife? Saw your guys pulled one out last night!!!

GO 'CANES!!!

babenwaiting
03-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Where are all my hockey buddies? How are you doing, girls? The 'Canes routed Atlanta 7-1 last night, but I don't think Tampa Bay will be nearly as easy tonight. They have more pride, even though they're out of the play-offs. We still haven't CLINCHED our spot, though we lead the division by four as we speak.

Depends on what others do, as well as our own team ... Must-wins ahead for us!

GO 'CANES!!!

techwife
03-29-2008, 06:34 PM
It would take a miracle for the Buffalo Poopie heads to make it in the playoffs. Ryan "Swiss Cheese" Miller is the king of losing our two goal leads for us in the last five minutes of the game. We should have had the last two games, but oh, no.... When he's on, he's great, but when he's off, I might as well be standing in the goal. Seriously. It's so frustrating. You're sitting there, adding up the two points in your head, thinking you're going to skip over Washington and take aim at Philly and then Ryan Miller becomes parapalegic (sp) and can't stop a beach ball from bouncing in the net! Funny thing is that Perry's Ice Cream made a flavor for him with his number on it and everything called Breakaway Berrier. I told my husband it should be called Great Big Gaping Five Hole!!! Or make it Swiss Cheese flavor with all the holes!! :(

Oh, well there's always next year...

babenwaiting
03-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Techwife, AGONY ... AGONY ... AGONY!!! :(:(:(:mad::mad::mad: Tampa Bay ALWAYS plays well against us. I KNEW they'd do it ... got us 2 - 1. So now our game on Tuesday in Washington with the Caps is a MUST-WIN, and Oven-Chicken and his gang are smokin' hot! :o Oh, please, hockey gods ............. :^: HELP!

GOOD LUCK AGAINST BOSTON TODAY! :hug:

techwife
03-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Wow, that is a tough one...Washington IN Washington. I'll be a 100% Canes fan THAT day, that's for sure!!

If we win the last four games and Boston and Washington become paralized with injuries and lose the last four, we're in. Well, there might be a TINY bit more wiggle room than that, but that's the magnitude of the miracle we need to get in the playoffs. I'd also like to win the lottery. :crazy:

Oh, well...as a Buffalo sports fan, I've gotten used to saying, "There's always next year..."

babenwaiting
04-01-2008, 04:56 PM
techwife, please do put on something red and be a 'Canes fan just for one night for me!!! :hug: The game is 2 hours 10 minutes away from starting, and my stomach feels like a bat is flying around in there! :o:o:o

If the Caps beat us tonight, we HAVE to beat the Lightning and the Panthers later this week to clinch the Division. If we win tonight, we've GOT it! Please, please, please, hockey gods!!!!!!!!!!!!! :^:

I think your guys will beat Toronto tonight, techwife ... and that you'll have a good night! :) Thanks for your "help."

GO 'CANES! BEAT THE CAPS!

babenwaiting
04-01-2008, 09:50 PM
What a nightmare ... Caps 4, 'Canes 1. I've never seen such horrible officiating. The officials are making very sure that Golden Boy Ovechkin is in the play-offs. A baby has never been as pampered as little Alex!!!! :mad:

Now we'll have to win against Tampa tomorrow night and Florida Friday to take the Division ... And one of the officials called a bench minor on Laviolette for protesting the outrageous calls, and now that same official will be calling our game here tomorrow night. I believe we're done. :(

Techwife, I hope you fare much better!

techwife
04-02-2008, 06:08 AM
I need a new bottle of Maalox! I can't take these shootouts! Funny thing is that after a REALLY awesome start to the year by Ottawa, we could bump them out of the playoffs if we tie them with 92 points because we have more division wins than them. Two more games. This is giving me such indigestion!

Babe: My heart went out to you last night. The officials really are outrageous. And it always seems to be when the 'stars' are playing like Ovechkin or Crosby.

Okay...a night off for me to try and digest last night's dinner. When is your next game? Tomorrow night we play Montreal. THAT will be a tough one.

babenwaiting
04-02-2008, 10:15 AM
techwife, I'm not one to blame officials very often BUT last night was unbelievable (on top of the worst ice I've ever seen .... like a cracked windshield on a car. Both Hurricanes and Caps were complaining, and one guy from each team went out with injury due to that.)

Ovechkin actually came from way out, LEFT HIS FEET and cross-checked Eric Staal into the boards AFTER a play ... NO CALL! :mad: He also made a hard questionable hit on Hedican into the boards, then when Hedican gave him a little shove, HEDICAN got penalized. Bayda got slammed into their goalie by one of Caps' players, then Bayda got put in the box. It just went on and on. I thought Lavi would have a stroke, hence the bench minor.

This is the same Ref who made two bogus diving calls on us down in Florida early in the season (after their newspaper columnist accused Carolina of diving), which essentially gave the game to Florida. It will be a miracle if we can do anything against Tampa Bay tonight, with this guy calling it.

These are the days that I say "why don't I just stick with watching college basketball????????" :)

I'm happy for you, techwife. I saw late last night that the Sabres had come through for you. This is definitely heartburn time ... :dizzy:

We play Tampa Bay tonight, Florida Friday night, both here in Raleigh. May go to Friday's game ...

Have a good one!

babenwaiting
04-03-2008, 12:11 AM
techwife, we did it ... 6 - 2!

And I was there. Fabulous game ... our guys came out like they were shot out of cannons. Sure hope they can do it again Friday night!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow night, and I'll also be thinking about Tampa Bay playing Washington tomorrow night. If TB can beat them, the division title is ours. If not, we'll still HAVE to beat Florida Friday night, I think.

Good luck, lady! :)

babenwaiting
04-04-2008, 09:35 AM
:hug: techwife :hug: Sorry that your guys are out for the year!!! I read the news last night, and I feel for you. Better luck next year, lady!

I need you to wear something red and pull for the 'Canes tonight. :^: If we win against the Florida Panthers, we clinch the Southeast Division. If not, our getting into the play-offs is still possible, but highly shaky, depending on what a couple of other teams do!!!

I'm going to the game, so you'll hear me and my party of five screaming all the way to Buffalo, probably! :D

GO 'CANES!

techwife
04-06-2008, 08:57 AM
WOW...who saw THAT coming half way through the year? The Caps were the bottom feeders of the conference not too long ago!!

Babe: At least our teams can keep each other company at 9th and 10th place on the golf course. How depressing. :cheers: Well, here's to next year!

babenwaiting
04-06-2008, 03:57 PM
:cheers: To next year, techwife!!! And a Buffalo fan and a Carolina fan have become and stayed friends for a whole season ... :D Who woulda thunk it? :hug: Have a good *off-season* (maybe we'll chat on other threads, LIKE A WEIGHT-LOSS ONE, which is what I SHOULD be concentrating on! :^: )

techwife
04-11-2008, 07:07 AM
Babe: Don't hate me...I'm rooting for the Caps this series. They're playing the Flyers, who I hate more. And Danny Briere's name going on the cup dressed in orange would be totally unacceptable.

Go Flames!! I don't know why...I just always root for Calgary during the playoffs.

Its almost....almost....nice not having the Sabres in the playoffs....I can relax and enjoy it.

babenwaiting
04-11-2008, 08:35 AM
techwife, I have to be honest ... I cannot pull for OvenChicken! :mad: So the Flyers it has to be for this week. Also pulling for the Predators against the Red Wings, Boston against Montreal, Senators over the Penguins, Devils against the Rangers ... in the first round.

My biggest hope ... that the Caps lose in the first found!!! :p (That's bad, 'cause I do like to see the Southeast Division command more respect ... but I am totally sick of the little Russian snaggle-toothed wonder! :devil: )

Have a great weekend, techwife ... :)

ThePrettyOne
04-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Now that it's public knowledge the Islanders are bad at ice hockey.....all I'm concerned with the Devils kicking the Rangers @sses. So far my plan is not working :lol: ......But it shall!!!

tikanique
04-11-2008, 04:12 PM
why are the red wings playing the predators?!!? I'm so conflicted.

Go PredaWings!!!

techwife
04-11-2008, 08:03 PM
why are the red wings playing the predators?!!? I'm so conflicted.

Go PredaWings!!!

:chin: hmmm...I could think of worse things!!! I think I speak for Babe and TPO in saying that we don't feel sorry for you. :lol: At least you know for sure you'll only have to worry about one of your teams after this series!!

EZMONEY
04-12-2008, 12:06 AM
GO DUCKS! ;)....I always come back TECHWIFE when the Ducks/Kings make the 3rd page of the Los Angeles Times Sports section!

babenwaiting
04-12-2008, 11:29 AM
OMG, one of the Flyers may lose a testicle after last night's game with the Caps! :o Talk about taking one for the team!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3342832

tikanique, techwife is right ... I don't feel sorry for you. At least one of your teams will WIN! :D (Go, Preds!)

techwife
04-12-2008, 05:14 PM
I heard that! OMG. Missing a tooth is a badge of honor for a hockey player...missing....that...is just not right! :fr: Poor guy.

Gary!! I thought we'd see you back here!

EZMONEY
04-12-2008, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=babenwaiting;2147101]OMG, one of the Flyers may lose a testicle after last night's game with the Caps! :o Talk about taking one for the team!

OH my goodness! No wonder my mom wouldn't let us play hockey growing up....oh....and the fact we had no ice! ;)

babenwaiting
04-12-2008, 10:38 PM
EZ, surely you don't want to pull for those Ducks... Pronger! YUK! :mad: But it's nice to see YOU here! :)

EZMONEY
04-13-2008, 09:03 AM

Gary!! I thought we'd see you back here!

ahh...yea...TECH....but it looks like I won't be here long ;)

EZ, surely you don't want to pull for those Ducks... Pronger! YUK! :mad: But it's nice to see YOU here! :)

Ya know BABE...down 0-2...I have considered re-locating my "loyalty!"....;)

EZMONEY
04-16-2008, 06:13 PM
hey they got a win...ducky...just ducky....