PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking October PCOS Weightloss & TTC Support

Hi Ladies and Welcome to the October PCOS Weightloss and TTC Support!

Fall is here, officially at least, and we all want to feel great and look even better than we do now for the lovely fall weather and to get all those cool new clothes for the fall!!!

Here we can discuss our "battles" with PCOS & Weightloss and TTC with PCOS! Having PCOS is a constant uphill "battle" with your body to TRY to do what you WANT it to do! lol.

Together we can support each other through this! Feel free to post about your daily doings, weightloss, TTC, Meds, Questions, whatever you want............

Everybody is Welcome!!!!!!!! Even if you do not have PCOS, if you are experiencing other TTC problems or have a family member or friend with PCOS, feel free to join us here.

Also if you have PCOS and are not currently TTC, feel free to join us as well. As long as you don't mind us chatting about TTC, everybody is welcome!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #2  
~Believe~

Wink Opened Oct. Thread Early

Opened this thread early since my bday and anniversary are this week and DH & I are on vacation, I may not be around much this week.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #3  

Hello, everyone!! I have been on South Beach for about 10 days now and have lost some weight! I'm so excited! Hubby is glad too, and says that if I continue to lose, that he will join me. I am having blood work done next week, so hopefully I will see some progress with my cholesterol and blood sugar/insulin levels. *fingers crossed* I hope that if I continue to make progress that our efforts with ttc will finally pay off. I am certainly more optimistic that I've been in a while. Now, if I could just get that job...

BTW: Happy birthday Sassy!!

Last edited by Eire Lover; 09-26-2007 at 04:59 PM. Reason: addition
Eire Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Sassy, Happy birthday and happy anniversary!

Eire, Congrats on your loss so far. And a big congrats on staying on plan...so many have trouble with Phase I!

As for me, I'm just trucking along. Getting over some bronchitis and hoping to get back into my exercise asap. I'm at the make-or-break point with my ball gown for November. It's VERRRY close to fitting, so if I crack down this month, I should be ok to wear it without alterations.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone I am new here and new to PCOS. I have been doing LA Weight Loss since January, but have had an almost four month plateau. Despite staying on plan, scale wouldn't budge and I wasn't losing inches. I finally went to my Dr. and asked him. Since a new doctor, went over my history. Turns out I have a lot of symptoms of PCOS...and PCOS can affect weight loss attempts.

So starting Saturday, my doctor has me starting Metformin. I am hoping that it helps me start to drop some pounds or inches, and help with some of the other symptoms of PCOS (hirutism, infertility, etc.)

Wishing everyone great scale results this month!!
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5

Hi all! Mind if I join ya? I don't have PCOS, but me and dh have been ttc #1 for just over two years now. I know that I need to lose some weight and eat better becuase that's the only way I'll be able to get it off after (if...) I get pregnant.
Hope I get to know ya girls better
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:32 AM   #7  
~Believe~

Wink

Hi Everybody!

to anybody new! Everybody is Welcome!

Will post more later.

Old 10-04-2007, 07:01 PM   #8  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

I was diagnosed with PCOS in July and have been on 1500 mg Metformin. I know that I really need to get on the SBD, but I have such a hard time on it. :sigh: I have lost 10 - 15 pounds (depending on the day) with no real effort of my own.
I need to get on it!! We are moving across country over the holidays and I would like to start fresh in a new location with a thinner figure!
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #9  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 265/234/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all!

Whew, BrunetteChic, a cross-country move at the holidays would be rough! Although I bet it will be a good way to work off some of the holiday pounds we ALL seem to accumulate...

Sassy, happy birthday and anniversary!

I have been away from here for a while - sometimes I lose interest when I fall off the workout wagon. I am getting back on starting today though! I have gained 5 pounds back, grr. Not keeping them! Plus, hubby and I want to get Christmas pictures done and I can see the extra weight around my face right now - gotta get rid of that before the big day!

Oh, and we just passed the two-year mark on infertility treatments. I live in a tiny town with no infertility docs, so I have had to go through this with a regular OB/GYN. Thursday (hopefully) is my very first IUI, something I have been trying to have done since March. Every single month it's fallen through for one reason or another. Let's hope this does it! They're cutting me off Clomid at new year's because I've been on it so long.
Amberlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #10  
~Believe~

Wink Hi Ladies.

Hi All.

I hope you all are doing well.

Krista! WTG on the loss you've had already!

Amberly -- Hi and thanks. My bday and Anniversary was good. I'm going on my 8th year TTC. (off and on) I really haven't been on the TTC wagon for about 5 yrs though, so I guess I've only been TTC "technically" 3 yrs. But we haven't used any form of BC either, of course why should I? There is no need for me too. lol. But my friend at work gave me the # of her dr, she had a hard time TTC and is now prego. I just haven't called the dr yet........ I wish you luck with your IUI. Clomid never worked for me either. When I was actively ttc they were going to start giving me fertility shots then my DH lost his job at that time and so we lost our insurance. Then when we got insurance again, I went to another RE here that was recommended to me and she was a witch, so I quit seeing her. I dunno ever since I just haven't been as excited in the TTC dept. at least with drs help. I guess I've had it pretty much with Drs.

Well take care all and have a Great Week!

Old 10-15-2007, 12:41 PM   #11  
Future Derby Girl

S/C/G: 225/223/135

wow I didnt know a PCOS forum existed...yay. I was diagnosed in July and I didnt know what to do. The doctor told me to lose weight and handed me a weight loss group pamplet for a group over an hour away from me....which does not work into a full time work scheduel. I am happy to find something on here...I have quite a bit more to go.... I am currently taking a year off of college and my goal is to lose all the weight I need to lose by next August so I have a fresh start in all aspect of life....(I was engaged, broke it off, moved home, accepted to a new school, and told to lose alot of weight...long year)
magicalstasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:24 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/198/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone!!! It's GREAT to find I am not alone in this PCOS world!!! Amberlyn - Good Luck with the IUI, I have been ttc for 7yrs. two years ago I tried IUI and wasn't successful but that doesn't mean anything I am sure you will do GREAT! I'll send some positive mojo!
I did get pregnant once with Clomid but lost it by 5weeks... didn't know I had PCOS then, maybe that would of changed things?????
Anyways now I am TTA, trying to adopt, my husband and I decided last year that we had plenty of love to share with children who need parents to love them....didn't know that TTA would be just as frusterating as TTC!!!!
I am currently doing Sugar Busters! and finding that although I am 100% dedicated I have only lost 6lbs in a month....is that normal???
Wishing you all good news this month!!!
Farmers Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:50 PM   #13  
~Believe~

Wink Welcome!!!!

Hello and , magicalstasia and Farmers Wife, glad that you found us.

A really great place for Cysters (Women w/ PCOS) is Soulcysters.com, lots of info and support there as well.

Farmers Wife -- We are also thinking of Adoption too. A friend of ours is from Romania and said there are lots of children who need good homes there. She says she will help us with it if we decide to adopt from there. I agree w/ you, lots of loving children who need a loving family.

BIG to all.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:18 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 200/200/145

Height: 5'0"

uglybetty214 here. wow, i am not alone. glad to see i am in good company.
a tad about me & why i am here...i was diagnosed w/ PCOS @ 18..usual stuff put on birth control for a number of yrs until i was ready to ttc. ttc on & off for about 6 years. 2008 I will be 32 and decided that i still very much want a baby & want to take steps toward ttc. weight has always been an issue for me..short & chubby. after much research most links go back to diet as a control for PCOS & Infertility.
I have decided as of today I am going to get in shape for the ultimate goal of being in a healthy state to conceive. with the support of my husband & u guys, i hope to be 1/2 to my goal within a few months.
Wish me luck..I will try to post whenever there is something eventful.

Best wishes to all of you & thanks for letting me share.
uglybetty214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:53 AM   #15  
~Believe~

Wink

Hello & , Betty! (I refuse to call anybody ugly. Even if it is a tv show. lol. )

Glad you have joined us here. You are among friends and there is lots of support here!