Support Groups - The Queenly Quest to Beat the Devil

Arabella
09-23-2007, 07:37 AM
:bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat: :bat::bat:

:cool: The season's changed, leaves are turning and the Halloween candy's in the stores -- just waiting for us to buy it up in advance. Repeatedly. But gobblin' time is past -- Queenly questers are going to vanquish the :devil: and sally forth to emerge slinky and sexy for All Hallows Eve festivities.

We'll invoke the :wizard: within and defeat all those nasty bloodsuckers that lead to temptation: fatigue, stress, time crunch, evil-doers... :badbat:

We've got a little better than five weeks till Halloween -- enough time to make some real progress. Pop in and report on your goals and your plan for achieving them!

:witch: Hop on, Queenlies and let's GO!

Arabella
09-23-2007, 07:59 AM
Well, after trying as hard as I could to avoid this, I think I'm going to go back to WW this week. There's no getting around the fact that the weekly weigh-in helps me focus. And much as I hate to admit it, my monthly goal has meant that I slack at the first of the month and scramble at the end. Not the way to do it, esp. since my scrambling seems to have waited until the last week of the month this time :dz: Will I make it? Stay tuned.

So, I'm committing to:

A Core/Ultrametabolism hybrid diet (they're pretty compatible.)
At least 2L water a day.
Aerobic exercise every day, aiming to get in two sessions (A walk after dinner is very salubrious :yes: )
Yoga, tai chi or qi qong every day.
Meditation every day.
FUN every day, dagnab it!

Did great yesterday. I'm knocking off some of the higher glycemic index good carbs this week, though, to try and hit somewhere in the region of my goal.

:witch: Avanti!

anagram
09-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Ooh, new thread, new thread! Thanks, Arabella. Love the new title. Let's just beat the devil out of that demon and all the demons you mentioned, i.e, fatigue, etc.

And I'm for fun!!!!! I think we all need more of that, even those of us who hae fun sometimes need more fun, less calories.

Ok, that's my new sub-motto - MORE FUN, LESS CALORIES. I must learn that there are calorie-free types of fun. Anyway, my goal is the usual but this time I will make it. I've two days of "decent" under my belt. Must up the exercise and the water. More water, less tea.

Re rest of my life, must do more sorting, commit to garage sale this Friday/Saturday. Must get my head organized. If not now, when? It's "MY" season, must take hold and live it fully, healthfully, energetically! Ho, ho. (oh no, that's the next season.)

anagram
09-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I note, Arabella, that the eom of your quest corresponds to the eom of your job which doesn't seem conducive to tranquillity. Perhaps if you change your quest eom to midmonth or another date, it would be less stressful. Or if you change your goal to a pound and a quarter a week, weighing in on your own? (Note that I weigh in on my own and never seem to have enough motivation to make my smaller weekly goal but YOU seem to much more deciated.)

Must get motivated to get up and enjoy this beautiful day.

lmills730
09-23-2007, 09:23 AM
anagram, i DEFINITELY agree with you as far as trying to learn that there are calorie-free types of fun. Everything my bf and i like to do together seems to involve calories..new restaurants, wine tastings, etc. :(

audreymonroe
09-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Ooooh, I am so with you ladies. My goal is to step up the exercise from 2 days a week to 5 - consistantly! Also to stagger my calories. By Halloween, I want to see a substantial loss on the scale - at least 5 lbs, so I know it isn't just water weight and stuff. Good luck all, and avoid that candy!

Amarantha2
09-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Huzzah Faire Queenly Comrades, me 'n Hago the Hut (the hag who lives in the Halloween Challenge Hut in my little personal Halloween Challenge that has been sloggin' along for a week or so) be with ye also. My challenge, as ye know, was to reach the 130s by the end o' September but the sluggishness 'n evil nature o' my Metabolism Demon 'n a few other Diet Demons such as eatin' too much 'n exercisin' too little plus the Job from the Black Lagoon slowed that goal down a bit. I don't as yet have a firm weight goal for Halloween Sunday, which is my target (last Sunday in October) but am takin' things on a case-by-case basis. My goal for the last September weigh-in is 141.

'N a big huzzah to Anagramatic, plus a howdy to Imills 'n Audrey, the latter two of whom I have not met before!

Weigh in saga continues: Mighty Caseyette at the bat DID strike out as far as a LOSS goes at the Ceremony o' the Golden Scale o' Dietary Justice, so we here at Halloween Challenge Hago Hut Headquarters are all a-google-eyed with wonder that we were pretty dang "good" all week and pulled in a fair weekly cal average, though a bit above the target, and YET we STILL haven't lost an ounce.

BE THAT AS IT MAY, we find joy 'n solice in the fact that we have not GAINED an ounce either.

So, restrained joy rules 'n we're a'sharpenin' up our hag-like claws :hippy: 'n bringin' out the big marchin' boots for the GOAL next week of 141. Mayhap that is not what we originally were shootin' for in September but all progress ... and this NO GAIN is progress, since last night we ate and drank more than usual late at night ... be a cause fer celebration.

So no sad songs or condolences, PLEASE, we are somewhat joyful and that's enough for now.

Weight: 142 (borin' number, isn't it?)

Arabella
09-24-2007, 08:36 AM
My nose is awfully drippy this a.m. Hope it's not a stupid cold.

Hate to do this, first off on a Monday, but I've got to report that after 3 glasses of wine with dinner last night I ate two big pieces of chocolate cake (yes, the one that was in the freezer for DS :dz:) I'm pretty sure that kind of behavior isn't going to get me my weight loss :chin:

So, a fresh day, fresh week, fresh start... here I go :witch:

Anagram, I'm with you on the search for calorie-free fun! Food's just so readily available and undemanding as a source. There's a :devil: to beat!

Amarantha, 142 sounds pretty exciting -- esp. when you look at where you've come from!

Ye are fit & fab! :carrot: :carrot:

Welcome audreymonroe and Lindsay!

K, off to be productive (I hope.)

anagram
09-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Well, howdy, lmills730 and Audreymonroe. So nice to have you with us on our quest.

Day four of "pretty good" for me. Yesterday I walked (and walked) around Home Depot in search of some fun things to improve the home castle and left with nothing. Today I walked to one corner and then back and to the other. Gait was good and managed without too much effort. Ready to expand on that esp. since weather was good and almost brisk by the time I headed out. Past sunset and able to enjoy the moon but not yet dark and eerie.

Had good news on the lawsuit today and it was tempting to go on an all out splurge. I don't seem to know any way to celebrate but to eat or drink something. But all told, I think I'm about 1700 calories for the day. Fingers crossed for the upcoming day 5. My choices are not all good but keeping the calorie total more toward where I want it.

So Fresh Start, New Week, New Thread and an ALL OUT EFFORT re all that candy I'm seeing in the stores. I'm pledging to avoid it all. Gulp, did I really say that? Well, avoid it for now, say maybe this week and then I'll recommit as able. Don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Oh, chewing, yes, food related even here.

I think I'll toddle off to bed to make it the end of my calories for the day.

:bat: :bat: :bat: :bat:

Kaylets
09-25-2007, 05:38 AM
Hello all!

Welcome to our new royal visitors! Please tell us more about yourselves!

Changing times of goals suddenly seems so logical to me. I don't know why I resisted for so, so long.... could it be that I was trying to make it a perfect number.... to make things nice and even...

But its such an intersting perspective when you change things even ever so slightly..... You realize lots of advantages you were missing.... or not.... but the point for me is.... IF ITS NOT WORKING, TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.....

So....

FRESH START PLEASE.....

And yes, Wood Nymph, chocolate cake will sing loud enough to be heard from any freezer. Sometimes I can even hear it from the freezer at the grocery store.... almost 2 miles away.....

Hugs to all....

Thought of the day :

"Who I am really keeps surprising me."
- Nikki Giovanni

Question of the day :

"What is the best way to eat peanut butter?"

katrinabgood
09-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Ahhh, here we are...I'm loving the new palace, thanks Arabella!

I'm going to post my goals and then I'm off and running again. I have a dr's appt this am (gyn :p ) and then back down to the folks'. Dad is declining every day. I'll spend the night there tonight, and tomorrow morning my 3 brothers and my sister will be there too. Hopefully to help bring a peaceful end to this long hard journey that he's been on. The other day he spoke of his parents and said "I know they're waiting for me." We're hoping that seeing us all together will bring him the peace that he needs to finally let go and be with them...

So, if I'm not here much, I'm definitely here in spirit.

My goals for this challenge are to stick with WW, guzzle my water and try for some kind of exercise each day. Best I can do right now. Will certainly look for some fun along the way. Some of us have a fun day tentatively planned...am so looking forward to that!!

Wishing much luck to all, and a hearty welcome to lyndsay and audrey! :welcome3:

Kaylets
09-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Good Morning all! It's Wonderful Wednesday!!

Thought of the day:

"When you say yes to something,
you are saying no to something else."

Question of the day:

"What's the best way to eat an apple?"

LET"S DO THIS!!!

Arabella
09-26-2007, 10:55 AM
After coming in and starting the thread, gotta say I haven't been doing great. :o Ate a huge cookie yesterday afternoon, on top of a couple ounces dark chocolate (the latter being allowed for Ultrametabolism, the former definitely :nono: ). Don't know if it's feeling pressured or that sneaky "I'm starting WW on Friday so I'll wait until then to get it together" thing.

In whatever case, it doesn't really make me feel very good so I'm still trying to beat that :devil: Exercise continues to go well, anyway. And I'm up and at it and have been doing some house-puttering (always helps!).

Having a bit of sibling stress, a situation I should never have gotten involved in in the first place. Maybe this time I'll learn my lesson? Let sibs (and the universe) sort things out for themselves? :rolleyes:

Anagram, congratulations on the law suit news! :cp: :cp: I hope that the whole thing is resolved ASAP!

Kat, I wonder if your dad's parents have visited him? I've often heard of such as someone winds up their business on earth. A friend of mine was nursing a neighbor through her last days and the woman kept calling out for her husband (who'd died a while before), as if she was looking for him. And then, close to the end, she called out his name again, but like "Oh THERE you are!"

We're all with you in spirit, too. :hug:

Kaylets: Apple -- in my mom's apple pie, with ice cream. Or -- you know -- cut in slices and eaten like that. PB -- made into a PB/chocolate sauce for ice cream. Or fudge. Or -- you know -- in a zesty sauce for a tasty Thai stir fry. :lol:

K, :witch: :queen:lies -- I should be working and DH will be home for lunch soon. Gotta scoot! Let's take this day and do our level best with it...

Arabella
09-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Kat, hope your gyn visit went well. My apologies, but I was reminded of this story and thought I'd post in case anyone hadn't seen it:

The Washcloth
I was due for an appointment with the gynaecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 am.

I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort. So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pyjamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in that area to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in, Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away.

I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?"

I didn't respond. After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal. Some shopping, cleaning, and cooking.

After school when my 6 year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?" I told her to get another one from the cupboard.

She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all
my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."

I'm NEVER going back to that doctor, ever!!

anagram
09-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh, dear kat - I'm sorry it is such a difficult time for you and I hope the family visit resulted in some peace for all of you.

Sorry the sib stress has returned, Arabella. It has taken me a long time to to figure out my sibs are not my children and, these days, even my kids have to sort a lot out for themselves.

Apples - well, I was going to say sliced thin but then that apple pie thought came by and grabbed me. I do eat them sliced thin much more often than in pie but I wouldn't turn down a good piece of apple pie. Now peanut butter (my fave) is best in fudge if it's good, non commercial fudge. Failing that, it's good in every way, shape or form (except oddly in Reese's peanut butter cups which I used to love - don't know what they've done to them). I do love it right from the jar in moderation, in celery, on crackers and ala Elvis though I don't batterdip and fry by pb & banana sandwiches and mostly have them on whole wheat.

Umm, all that food talk! I'm on day six of being under 1700 calories and have enough left for a moderate snack soon. My homegrown tomatoes and the homemade redbeets have been a BIG help. My sis called the beets my "comfort food" and she's right about that as long as her MIL has made them.

The lawsuit thing could still drag on forever but at least now we've had a tacit admission of sorts that it was the drug overdose that did my honey in. So, at least for a while, I can think of a few guys who'll be putting a little more concentration in for their patients (at least, I HOPE so).

I spent some time today setting up to take part in neighborhood garage sale. Don't have a lot out though I could DO that if I expended more energy. However, all things out in the garage for sale will not be coming back into the house so I'm figuring it was motivation to at least move SOME things. Plus I don't think I want to do it two days. Or at least not all of the allotted time. Just wanted to go through a bit - may pick out a few more things between now and Friday.

Hoping this heat/humidity leave soon so I can get back to the invigorating weather. Did do some yard work with my friendly kid down the street this a.m. so I think I'll count that as my exercise for the day. Aching enough, anyway.

:hug: kat

ceara
09-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Apples...crunched just the way they are. Or...chopped finely and placed on a tortilla with 1 T of peanut butter spread on it, then rolled up. Delish! :T

I like the new digs Arabella!

Ok...I leave in three days. :fr: Am I ready? NO. And I'm gone all day tomorrow, so scratch that one. Will be gone for a week to NAtional in IL...I'm hoping it will be fun...we are trailering for the week, so I must bring my clothesline, trash barrel and best undies to hang out! Just kidding!

So, must be off....I may make it back in here before I go. Have a great day ladies!

:bat::spid::bat:

anagram
09-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Hot again for Day 7 of my "streak" - no noticeable loss but I'm so up and down I pay no attention until it gets down to the lowest ranges.

Having dinner out before a movie and I'll do my best but if it's not perfect, ok. Not perfect on past six days either but below 1700 calories each day and not nearly as hungry these days. Hope that part lasts.

Have fun, ceara. I love that you have these fun getaways. Will have to try your apple treat as I love both apples and pb.

So I've cleaned a bathroom, vacuumed the second floor finally, and am packed up for the pool. Have to have an early lunch before the pool so I'll be ready for dinner at the early time we've planned. Will seek out a Slimfast. They work well for me on an occasional basis.

We did have some rain last night which worked well for the grass seed I had put in yesterday. Hoping that happens again this afternoon as they're forecasting. Then it will be necessary for me to get to the watering as I don't want rain every day until it germinates.

So off I go - enjoy this day before Friday, folkesses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arabella
09-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Seriously, this whole week leading up to rejoining WW, I've been having treats almost every day. With the result that I've got a five-pound bump-up from ticker :dz: Now, I haven't really been stuffing my face or anything so expect it's not permanent. But still. Wrong direction altogether. And I didn't do it, really, consciously. Semi-consciously maybe... Anyway, I'm back and determined to have it gone again by next WI. :yes:

Inner child must learn discipline ;)

Anagram, how terrible to have to think of that kind of medical malpractice taking your darling away from you. I don't think i realized. And how brave of you to hold them accountable when it must be so difficult to deal with this! :hug:

You'd have been proud of me yesterday: I finally told my two sisters (separately) that I loved them but that I could no longer be involved and they would have to work it out between themselves. When one started to unload on me, I just said (nicely) that I couldn't discuss the situation with either of them any more. And it worked!

Arabella
09-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Oh, prematurely posted by some weird key combination -- better than losing a post that way. Better get to work, anyway. Let's make this a good one!

anagram
09-28-2007, 12:12 PM
More rain last evening but now sunny, bright, pleasant, cool. I've closed up my garage sale for today. Might do a couple of hours tomorrow. Don't have much out, enough sales (not much) to cover expenses and all the "free" stuff is gone.

Don't be too harsh on your inner child, Arabella, but you've probably relieved some of that "eat urge" by talking to the sissies. All grown-ups, I'm assuming. And I am proud of you. There's been something unhappy going on with some of my sissies but I've been recused since whatever it is, it happened just after DH died and all left me far removed. I've known about it but not been immersed in it. A tragedy though as far as longterm relationships go - though the two "wronged" ones have still been strongly supporting the other and her DH since they're the ones now having a problem(and nobody thinks he knows anything about it). It may go away on the surface but the memory lingers.......................

I doubt I had mentioned the reason for the lawsuit or DH's demise. At first we weren't sure but by piecing some things together and DDs diligence in searching out records and various details, it's become apparent. Plus she presented the situation in a professional way and lined up attorney, etc. We (and DS) felt it was something we had to do - not that any of us wanted to go through the additional grief. But we wanted to keep same mistake (or similar) from taking someone else's loved one. Not a money thing (medical insurance people have a lien on any possible settlement) - and there's really no other way to get attention to the problem. Had I tried to talk to them, they'd have said "grieving widow" and shrugged me off or pussyfooted around in some way. At least this way, I know they now know 1. he died and 2. what caused the fatal situation and all his suffering.

I have to say that we were in a situation not most would be in following up on this because DD (while she's been home with the princesses) is an attorney and had the training to seek out enough data and PA law to make it a presentable situation, which advantage many would not have. The attorney said as much as well. With just a phone call or an interview, our case might have been shrugged off in the same way as a call to the doctors. Another reason we thought we should do it for others in a similar situation. I made the final decision but she felt strongly a crime had been committed and needed to be addressed.

Must admit though, it takes an emotional toll. Still, I felt I owed that to DH. Anyway, this weekend I get to go through the boxes/folders of stuff I still have and find some more stuff for attorney. I also had final say on her and think we/I chose well there too.

Yesterday ended my "streak". And it wasn't just the eating out - I felt I had done well with that and all day. But last evening, I ran into some friendly crackers and that did it. Not over by a "huge" but enough to end the streak.

So I'm on Day One of my next streak.

Kat, thinking of you and hoping all's well. Hope some of the cooler stuff gets to you, wsw, so you can get out and enjoy a bit to take your mind off your bio sessions.

Fun to you, ceara. Where are our two newcomers? And - IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!

Arabella
09-29-2007, 09:06 AM
:yawn: Threatening rain out there and I hope it does so the painting issue is a non-starter :s: We've got the shopping to do and that and tidying the house would be enough for me. Life can't be ALL about work, right?

We were out to dinner at our best friend couple's last night, so out late. Used up about 15 of my weekly allotment of points, too. I think I'll run my points Saturday-to-Friday so I can save some for the occasional Friday night splurge.

I've been having a lot of positive action on the ghost story book. I had a feature in the local arts and entertainment magazine. And it had no more than hit the stands before a guy I know with an afternoon radio show was calling me up. So I'm going to be interviewed on Monday (I'll have to prepare a good story for that one!). I ran into a woman I know who manages a book store here and she said there's a really big, mostly untapped market for ghost stories. And she's got a family one to share, too! And another woman I know contacted me and said she had lots of local ghost stories that she'd gathered over the years. I think this is actually happening!

Anagram, thanks for explaining the situation. I remember when you were trying to decide what to do about it. It's disturbing to think of the number of people in similar situations who would never have the resources to hold the people responsible to account. It's so the right thing to do. You're very brave!

Kat, a friend of mine has a new dog named Molly. Interesting story -- she'd just lost Bear, her 10-year-old constant canine companion and was mourning his loss (although she said she still felt him with her on walks through the woods). She was coming to the decision that she would adopt another dog and one night dreamed about a dog named Molly. The next day, she told a friend that would be the name of her next dog. When she eventually went to the humane society, she looked down the list of names and there it was. Molly. What could she do but take her home?

Hope you're having a great trip, Ceara!

K, I'm psyching up for a woods woggle. Maybe just one :coffee:

Have a lovely day, all!

anagram
09-29-2007, 10:13 AM
What a great response to your ghostly idea, Wood Nymph. Super, please keep us up to date.

Sounds like you have a psychic friend. I'm not too psychic though because I was thinking of you painting and assuming you had the lovely painting day we're having. Cool, crisp, in the breezy 70s. I feel physically so much better.

Didn't set up garage sale again (well, it was mostly still set up) - decided to do a little more "rearranging" (throwing out old papers, filing, etc.) inside with the doors open so I don't wear me out for the fashion show this afternoon.

Instead I dragged one table outside and put a "free" sign on it. Maybe lessen what I have to pack up to take somewhere. Just such a lovely day to walk a neighborhood garage sale though. But I decided to enjoy it AND try to make my interior a little better. I did go through some papers last night and think I have most of what I need but want to go through the rest (cursorily) to be sure. And just so I sort of remember what I have and which folder, box, pile it's in. Will have to do that at some point ianyway if negotiations fall through and we move on to trial. Don't care about any of that - but will follow through on whatever's necessary. As I've said over and over, I've accomplished what I wanted to. It's not that I wanted to take them out of business or ruin their reps or anything. In fact, another reason I wanted to follow through is that, several years back, I heard a woman talking to another about a problem her husband had had with one of the same practices saying "they kill people over there". I politely asked if she'd mind telling me the name of the doctor involved. She did and it turns out it was one of my husbands doctors, one who is now involved in the suit. I told him about her comments but he didn't want to change even though he wasn't that crazy about him. How I wish I'd had a temper tantrum ;)

Anyway, I wasn't bad yesterday but am only estimating calories for the day and I put it right about on the line. Since it wasn't clearly over or under the line I set, I'm not claiming it as a streak day. But it wasn't a BAD day. Still no scale improvement worth noting. Sigh......................

Sending out some cool, sunny, breezy, fall vibes to the Royals!

anagram
09-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, today's not been the best diet day as they had goodies at the Fashion Show and I succumbed. Although, truth be told, I think I'm ok if I were to eat no more. However, I will eat more, just not much. Actually, if my estimates are even CLOSE, I might still make it in under 1800 but I still can't count it a stellar day or a streak day. I ate almost nothing else today so I'd be able to cope if I did succumb. But not good choices. Well, good in the taste sense, just not the diet sense.

However, I did win a raffle prize at the show - a manicure and pedicure and a gift certificate for a little shop. So, fun to look forward to............my new mantra, FUN, FUN, FUN.............:belly:

Amarantha2
09-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Just slippin' in to say hello. Have been concentrating on t'other "palace" as the site here has been kicking me off. I'm sure I haven't done anything untoward here so must conclude it's somethin' in the system again. Noticed there are mods now in the miscellaneous section, so may be that they are working with the system.

Arabella, congratulations on your success with the ghostly story! Huzzah!

Anagram, congrats to ye on winnin' the raffle.

Ceara, hope ye enjoy your trip. I will see thee soon.

I am doin' well with my Autumn Rules challenge. Haven't been able to get into my blog here, so that's not updated.

Anagram, I really love your tiny dancer! Cute!

See ya, queens! Somewhere in time or space or the net, which is neither!

Arabella
09-30-2007, 09:58 AM
And a goodly day for painting :dz: DH and I walked for an hour and I got in a set of tai chi. Now brekkies and then I guess we'll be productive. :rolleyes:

Yesterday was a stellar WW day, with the happy result of having 3 of the bump-up pounds gone already. This is going to be a good week! I'm not letting myself get on my case for not having gone back to WW sooner. I probably wasn't ready. Anyway, I did maintain my original loss from last year, lost 6 more and will soon be heading down the scale to Onederland! :cloud9:

Anagram, what an awful story about the doctor! I hope that business will be settled satisfactorily and soon, so you can start to let it go. :hug:

Oh, you can count on me keeping you posted about how the ghost story project is going. Hope not to end up boring y'all to tears :lol:

Here's a link to the ghost story feature (http://www.isn.net/buzzon/frames/frames_words.htm).

I've got to spend some time working out what I'm going to talk about for the radio interview tomorrow :eek:

Amarantha, how swell to see thee in the Palace! I wish we could all happily dwell in the one realm but it seems that some :queen:s have problems with one Palace and some with the other :shrug: Do give my love to any Royals dwelling overland :love:

Good to hear thy challenge goeth well. Mayhap I can manage to swing by far palace from time to time...

K, breakfast calls -- veggie fritatta with salsa and avocado. 3-4 servings of veggies right off the bat. :angel:

Let's make this a good one!

Amarantha2
09-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Huzzah, Arabella, here I am again. I took the half day off to celebrate 'cause I broke through my plateau!!! So slipped in here again.

It would be GREAT to see thee at t'other palace whenever. We are a small but mighty contingent over there, wish we could all co-dwell somewhere also as I loveth all queenly personages. We also have a verra nice new to ye but not to us queenly personage over there who has never met any o' ye but I bet she'd love ye all and ye'd love her.

We are really nice over at that palace. Honest!

I am goin' to delete my blog here as I'm wonderin' if that's causin' a blockage. Not sure. I get kicked off when I go to the blog problem forum and I got kicked off today when I read about the new moderators.

Anyhow, see ya! I will check out your ghostly offerin'!!! Huzzah!

Amarantha2
09-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Well, ok, t'will not work to delete the blog as there is a disclaimer to check on there that if one deletes their blog they realize that they can never get it back or use 3FC again! :lol:

Seems a bit draconian but anyhow, I don't want to never use 3FC again, so the blog stays and I'll post on it again when I can get it working better.

See ya, queens!

Arabella
10-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Now here we go...
:bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat::bat: :bat:

And a beautiful, cool and crisp morning. It was still dark but getting on for sunrise when we walked over to the gym. The moon was bright and stars out. On the way home, the sun was just starting to come up over the harbour and there was a mist over the pond. A few of the trees are starting to change. It's October!

Today's my radio interview :eek: I'm going to sit down at some point and figure out what I want to talk about, write out the details of a few stories, etc. So I can be calm, cool and collected instead of sitting there bug-eyed (which is even worse on radio than TV, I think). The show's available on the Web. I can post a link if anyone thinks they might get a chance to listen.

Another stellar WW day yesterday. I'm into this thing, now. :cool:

Did do some painting yesterday. And here's the good news: DH has finally consented to hire someone to take over painting the high parts. Better for so many reasons! Cost being the only negative but when you think of the time, risk and toll on aging bod, I think it's well worth it for him to not have to do it.

Amarantha, that does seem draconian! It must be an oversight :rolleyes: Can't really imagine our 3FC being petty like that.

Anagram, yay for the mani/pedi! I'm going to treat myself to the same, maybe next week when DH is away. A pedi for sure. Must start thinking about what color I want...

Kat, WSW: :hug: :hug:

K, must be productive at work and then get ready for my interview. Let's make this a good one!

anagram
10-01-2007, 12:01 PM
What a beautiful visual you painted of an October morn, Arabella. Lovely here again today. In fact I walked last night and have done so already today. Foot seems ready for it, finally.

Of course, please, post link. And enjoy your interview and tell your interesting quest.

Yes, yes, Double Fresh Start!!!!! my last three days have been a streak of sorts but not the best sort. Not the worst either but not weight losing. The scale is finally beginning to respond a little. Hopefull by my official Thursday reporting time, I'll begin to feel like it's going my way.

Took garage sale stuff to charity and think I just might - maybe - be able to fill an extra garbage bag this week if I can keep my "inspiration" going and go through some extra papers and things. Whoo, whoo, watch out, Mr. Trashman.

Anyway, I JUST LOVE OCTOBER and am planning on a wonderful month. :crossed:

Arabella
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Might be a trifle last minute. He's going to feature the interview in the first half-hour of the show, coming up within the next 15 minutes. Here's the link, in case any are around right now: http://www.cbc.ca/mainstreetpei/

Arabella
10-02-2007, 06:34 AM
A lovely day here, looks like. I was out earlier getting the recycling to the curb. It was beautiful, and quiet out there in the dark; the moon was still bright and high in the sky and I saw my old friend Orion up there. I like touching base with the constellations I recognize. I remember, as a kid, being out on the big skating rink with my sibs and dad and him introducing me to them: Orion, the Big Dipper, Cassiopeia. I think I need to take a refresher course so I can teach DGS.

The interview went really well yesterday. I didn't stumble much and managed to tell a few stories without getting messed up or saying anything really stupid. It's a very different experience talking for radio (or, I'm sure, TV) and knowing that what you say will be heard by a large audience. :eek: I recorded it from the radio and didn't really sound nervous. Only way you could tell would be if you could see the red rash on my neck. I guess if I go on TV I'll have to wear a turtleneck... :chin: But then again, with the heat of the lights I'd probably end up sweating buckets :stress: like William Hurt's character in Broadcast News... Hmmm... well, I suppose I don't need to pick out my outfit immediately. :lol:

And then had a good choir practice last night. I managed to record it, too, so I'll be able to practice the songs at home. Plus one of the members also recorded a piano CD of the alto part. I need to practice, practice, practice! :yes:

I stayed up after we got home and had a glass of wine, puttered around the Web. It was so much more pleasant than lying in bed trying to get to sleep. When I did go to bed I had no trouble dropping off. So I guess that's the secret. Did the same after my writer's group last week and it worked then too.

And today is the first sound yoga lesson.

So -- suddenly, I am having fun! :cb: :cb: :cb: Without half trying.

WW quest goes well too, all challenges being met. And now I must be off for my little woods woggle.

Avanti!

anagram
10-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Belated congrats, Empress, on the Plateau Breaking. A Momentous event, for sure.

So happy for you, Woods Nymph. I did check out your link and it was fun hearing your five o'clock news but I'd rather have heard you. Glad it went well, glad you're in a fun zone.

I had a good day yesterday. Day One of new streak, walked again, enjoyed fall. A little more cloudy today but not the gray clouds. Pleasant and to be so. This morning's forecast called for "a few showers" NEXT TUESDAY. But nice and in the 80s again a few days between now and then.

I did manage to get that extra bag of trash on its way too. Ah, the little victories...........

So, Day Two, here I come...:hug: to all.

Amarantha2
10-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Congrats on doing the interview, Wood Nymph. I had to do that once (talk on radio), was very nervous! :cheer:

Have fun on Day Two, Anagram.

To all, mentioned or un, huzzah!

I snuck in under the radar here and seemed to have no problems today. I will try the blog and see if I get kicked off.

In the meantime and with sincere apologies for the me-me-ness o' it and the sheer laziness, I wish to update ye queens re my weight loss journey by cross postin' on Hago the Halloween Hut's Halloween Challenge (I am doin' a LOT o' challenges and am a LOT o' different people these days, as bein' just one person be kind o' borin' to me). This is a report on Hago's mornin' challenge meetin'

"Cacklin' this meetin' to order! Hago the Halloween Hut (of the hag side o' the family Hut, who dwelleth always in the Halloween Challenge Hut in the Deep Dark Dilemmatic Diet Forest, where it's sometimes gae scary, lads 'n lassies).

"Thanks fer comin' to this early meetin'! We THOUGHT we were gonna exercise but it didn't work out, so do be sure to come by the Halloween Challenge Hut Gym Room later 'n get a weight workout in as time's a'wastin' 'n so be our bods if we don't use 'em. Take that from a Hag who be 555 years young (or there'bouts) 'n be in really FAB shape fer a magickal creature that elderly.

"Ok, speakin' o' which. Our Piratical Personal Trainer Paula, who works part time as a seafarin' wench terrorizin' the coastal city o' Not Fit Folkes Who Won't Exercise 'n Eat Right (we scorn 'em, even though our own dear Diet Maiden Amarantha claims kinship with the clan, which openly flaunts the upright laws o' the Universal Dietary Law Consortium here on Planet Fine 'n Fit, but that be another meetin', so I will continue) hath noticed that Am be havin' trouble gettin' back to her fightin' weight o' the AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL 'N BENIGN 130s.

"Upon detainin' said maiden Esa this a.m. for a brief period o' gentle 'n kindly interrogation, Pirate Paula came to a conclusion 'bout Tuesday.

"Seems that in recently past years, Am's job took her to a far-flung location where she worked quite actively for several hours. Sometimes durin' those hours, she DID fall prey to the Bad Food Demon :devil: but mostly she put out a lot o' cals as the tasks (same employer, just an additional task set she doesn't do now) involved lifting, moving, standing, etc., as well as sittin' 'n writing. Sometimes she went for long walks as the town up there is hilly and beautiful and the work stressful. She also often took mini hikes on the way up just to delay getting there.

"So, when to her relief she did not have that Tuesday work and in fact had no scheduled work on most Tuesdays, she tried to replace the activity by just a more vigorous lifestyle on that day. BUT she's sort of fallen out of that habit and Paula thinks just that extra effort put back into Tuesday lifestyle and formal exercise might be helpful to the Plateau Bustin' Project.

"She strongly :frypan: suggested this to a grateful :yikes: Am, who was then released from custody with a pledge to sis boom bah more on Tuesday and the case was closed.

"Now wasn't that a nice story about how cooperation 'n gentle reminders :drill: help us all. Have a nice day, meetin' attendees."

Arabella
10-03-2007, 12:04 PM
And I'm feeling a little humpy today, too. Too much salt yesterday has me back up a couple pounds -- still lower than WI but not close to where I wanna be. And also feeling like... "What can I EAT???" I should have something on hand for such times. Maybe I'll cook a sweet potato. I just had soup for lunch so I'm feeling a little peckish.

O/w, all well. But I can definitely feel the edge of the wagon and I need to keep self on :yes: So I shall.

Sound yoga was blissful yesterday. We all left there walking on air, big smiles on our faces as we walked down the street.

But I'm tired :tired: I need a vacation, I think. I may talk to the site director about taking a lightish week next week. Oh I hope this writing gag does help me squiggle into doing only freelance and books. :D I'm keepin' the faith!

Anagram, nice weather here too. Will be very good for the last of the house painting -- which we have contracted out! :cb: :cb:

Amarantha, nice to see Hago again! And congrats from me, too, on breakin' thru that plateau. :encore:

K, :queen:lies, let's do our best here. I will if you will...

anagram
10-03-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm trying, Woods Nymph, I'm trying. Hope you're feeling more "harnessed". A light week would be something nice to look forward to. Glad you contracted our test of painting. Love that "lighter than air" feeling when you've had a good experience.

On day 3 of current streak. Did well yesterday and proud. I was out shopping today - for appliances. My 38 year old stove had an element burn out in the oven. The last time that happened I told myself I'd get a new stove the next time - and that was 17 years ago! DW element gone too and microwave seems to have lost something. Both more than 20 years old - way more. So I'm trying to decide if I should bite the bullet and go ahead. I think I know what the smart/right thing to do is and can srike a better deal if I go ahead on 3 things (or could throw in fridge too which also has problems) but it's the shekels thought that throws me. Also shopping for a new front door - also much needed.

On the bright side of shopping - I hit a sale at local dept store and ACTUALLY found something I like. 25% off today plus another 20% if you use their charge card plus I had two loverly gift cards from the birthday parties so, voila, a new stylish outfit for $17.80. Merlot is what they call the color and I can go along with that. A N D (drum roll) the pants are a size smaller than I thought I'd need (may be the mfgr - don't think I've ever had anything of theirs before) but whatever.................a size smaller is a size smaller. I had bought some in this size previously (another mfgr) and was pleased but didn't expect it would happen with this mfgr.

So a joyous moment. MUST get some groceries this afternoon, just MUST. Cupboard of streak friendly items is tres low. And I want no excuse to eat the chips and Fritos still here from family visit. When I go for the calories, I want it to be things I REALLY enjoy not just stuff that's "here".

So off I go :belly: Hanging in.

Kaylets
10-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Hello all!

I just read thru the posts quickly and can't believe how much has happened since I last posted....

Anagram... I am so proud of you to be able to think beyond yourself in this situation and deal with all the issues to be able to make sure this never happens again. You are wearing more than a crown for sure!

Woodnymph! how exciting to have so much interest in your ghost story !
You are so clever to do it this time of year.... If it was me, I'd never have thought of tying it into Halloween.... Clever lady!

Empress.... I see you continue on the path... a beacon ! Too bad the computer is throwing curve balls!

Ceara.... Did you have a nother trip? Did I get all the details?

Kat----My thoughts are with you and your family....these are very difficult times. You will never regret the time you're spending with your dad. You are making your memories.

WSW??? How are you? Sending you lots of good thoughts!

New Royals?? How are you doing?

So... My employer merged with another. Last Thursday. Officially.
And, for right now (and per a few that I think I trust, ) I am safe. Some of hte cuts came very close and it was very, very nervewracking.
I had been looking but really saw nothing to even send a resume to start fishing.... So the good news is at least,my entire dept is safe for at least the end of the year. Those I trust believe it will be at least 2-3yrs and probably permanent but we all know how business is.....

So... I continue to pay down bills to prepare if the worst does happen.

Crazy.

As for food.....
Did someone say Fresh Start??

Arabella
10-04-2007, 07:50 AM
I ended up having a bowl of high-fiber cereal mid-afternoon yesterday -- ok, two bowls. But that did it and is permitted so... claiming victory! This morning, I made something that turned out slightly cake-like (I was going for custard):

1/2 baked sweet potato
1/2 banana
cinnamon & ginger
2 eggs
3 T. ground flax seed
maybe 1/8 c. soy milk (more might have led to custard, I'm thinking)
6 pecans

Mashed everything but the pecans and nuked for 3 mins. It was good and all core but for the pecans. Could have used a little sweetener of some sort but I'll definitely make it again. I was thinking it would work very well as a pancake, too. I think I may make a pan of it to keep on hand. Very satisfying!

And makes me feel like, yeah, I can stick to this. I want to go light on carbs the rest of the day in preparation for tomorrow's WI. Salt is keeping a couple extra pounds on me, which is not what we want to see on the scale. Gallons of water called for, I'm thinking.

Anagram, hope you get all sparkly new appliances -- and a good deal on them :s: Your merlot outfit sounds lovely! And congrats on the lower size, which is v. meaningful :cb: :cb:

Kaylets, I'm a real conniver! :lol: And it seems to be paying off for me with this -- reminds me of the concept that if you make any movement towards goals the universe will pitch in, big time. This feels like it's all happening pretty quickly. I had a ghost story submission yesterday :eek: :D

K, Dollings, hope all goes well with all mentioned or un- Love, love, love! And let's do our best today, shall we?

anagram
10-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Keeping fingers crossed for you, Kaylets, that you stay "permanent". Seems like you're just settled in - but I guess that's an "old fashioned" concept in today's business world.

Conniving is good, Arabella, as you're proving. I was just rereading a horoscope I had clipped on my birthday and it seems like it's recommending some conniving on my part. Or maybe at least that it's time to shake me up a little.

This morning was my "official" weighin and I'm only .6 lbs above that recent low. Of course, tomorrow and water weight will have me up again but one of these days, it will be there (below) permanently. The birthday binge was in between, unfortunately. You know, that same 3 lbs over and over but it was so high after the bd binge that it's like a 7 lb loss the last couple of weeks. Which is really no loss at all because I'm not quite back yet to the miracle loss of 3 weeks ago.

And today is an official "no-count" day for me - i.e., I'm not counting the calories today - not planning a food orgy or anything. Just not going to count them. So I'm ending the current str eak at 3 days and will start another tomorrow when I'll count again.

Gray here today - going to be warm again this afternoon. But gray right now and still a mite foggy. And, I confess, I'm having a mope-ity day. So I'm strapping me on to the wagon (though definitely not counting for this day - only) and going to search out some ways to make me smile ;)

:carrot:

Amarantha2
10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Huzzah! I am here fer the nonce, except it won't be long as I need to take a nap, working tonight, have headache! So much for cheerfulness.

Arabella you IM popped up on your post. I tried to send one, I'm not sure why it did that as it never has before. You might want to make sure that you want that to be on 3FC.

To all, huzzah, huzzah!

anagram
10-05-2007, 09:19 PM
OK, Day one of new streak going ok - hot, humid again today. Will be going to bed soon so as not to ruin a good thing.

Happy Weekend, Folkies.

anagram
10-06-2007, 08:17 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to ceara, Arabella, Wildfire and all other Canadian Queens.

Foggy again this a.m. but got quite warm yesterday, ditto today. Should have gone to bed when I posted intention to do so - added some calories but had been low enough I was still ok.

Stayed up too late reading so getting a later than usual start but it's that kind of day so should work out ok. Debating a pumpkin festival later in the day. Hmm, a "we'll see".

Loverly weekend.

:thanks1:

Amarantha2
10-06-2007, 08:32 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, indeed, to the Canadian Queens.

I fixed something re the computer and I may be here more often. Time will tell. Have sworn off overposting, though.

anagram
10-06-2007, 09:06 PM
Got through today better than I expected. Day 2 down.

:thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2:

Amarantha2
10-06-2007, 10:46 PM
Cute turkey line-up, Anagram. :)

Arabella
10-07-2007, 06:36 AM
I am so grateful for the blessing of my Royal comrades! And many other things.

Feeling, this morning, a bit like two parties in two days R2 many parties. And like I'd rather be looking at a stay-at-home week off than a trip to Savannah if I've only got a single week. But I'm sure the parties and trip will be fun and I'm just going to have to find a way to build some space into my weeks before and after so I don't feel overly stressed. Today's the day I'm hosting so I'll make sure to have everything ready well in advance as much as possible. I've got a 27-pounder down there waiting to go in the oven and DH is making stuffing even as I type. We're not even having a big crowd but we love having all the leftovers. That should take care of our poultry needs for a long while to come.

Those ARE some cute birdies!

:thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2:

Amarantha, I hope you're woes with the site are a thing of the past :crossed:

Anagram, it's fun to stay up a little later occasionally! Wow, you're so close to that big goal.

Kat, hope all goes well :hug:

K, I think I'll practice for concert while DH goes out for a run and then go out my own self. Love to all!

anagram
10-07-2007, 07:58 AM
Have fun with the small crowd, WN. That is one big birdie.

So another day down but it's still the night munchies that get more than their share of calories.

feeling a buble off plumb this a.m. Was yesterday too but pulled it around so plan to do same today. Shoulder still a problem but just a little nagging pain at moment.

Have a relaxing Sunday, all. That big old paper awaits. Love Sunday a.m.s for that. Maybe I'll try the patio this a.m. Warm enough for sure.

Amarantha2
10-07-2007, 02:47 PM
My blog entry would be, if it weren't gone: "Huzzah, the crowd roars as Mighty Casey takes the bat 'n hits ALMOST a home run to the 130s, scorin' a mighty plateau bustin' 1.5 pounds down 'n the ol' leather ball came to rest just a'skimmin' first base with a mere .4 to go to the beloved 130s!

"Hurrah," shouteth the crowd. "Huzzah, huzzah! We are happy campers here in Mudville! Call the newspapers, call the radio folk, call the clergy to bless this hallowed ground where a miracle occurred this day."

Next week: 130s!"

Wood Nymph, the site works ok for me the past few days since the blog is gone. Per my previous point that it said on there that if ye deleted your blog you couldn't use 3FC anymore, Suzanne said that wasn't true, so I deleted it.

Have fun on your trip!

Hi, Anagramatic!

I'm afraid I must use the turkeys, too, as though Canadian Thanksgiving is past, U.S. Thanksgiving be forthcomin' 'n I'm gonna be in the 130s WAY before that!

:thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2:

anagram
10-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Well if I can keep my after dinner snacking to under 200 calories, I'll have Day 4 of my current streak in the bag. IF....... Tomorrow's a "no-count" day again.

Been a busy day. when I woke up this morning I expected an easy day but things fell into place beautifully and a lot was accomplished. Planted more grass seed, picked up new orthotics, saw dr. re sore shoulder, will have MRI Wednesday. So I'm done for the day even though it's early and I have lots I could/should do but too tired.

So FRESH START CARDS TO ALL - needed or not. A brand new week beckons and we can do it, we can, we can.

Wonderful loss, Empress. You shall indeed be there long before :thanks2:

Kaylets
10-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Hello all!

Empress---WELL DONE!! I know you are still enjoying the thrill of seeing that 'Plateau beaten" number on the scale!
What do you think made the diffference? Persistence or did you make a change in your overall plan??

WoodNymph-- I know what you mean about leftowvers.... In years past, even if we were away visiting, we'd often make our own to have our own leftowvers.... In fact, at one point, I was even cooking turkey teh weekend before for that very reason....

I am still trying to get a streak going... I have spoken to the Royal Printer and ordered the Deluxe Fresh Start Card Boxed Set and will share with all as soon as my order is filled.

:wizard:
And now, for a Royal Announcement..... Even though we are so close geographically here on the board, as we all know, the reality is that we far journey to most of our realms......

Anagram and I are lucky to be fairly close to each other...... And today we are going to meet in person!

This would be so much fun if we could all meet up but I know the royal logistics would be tough much think of the Royal Security and the Paparazzi too!!

We will provide a Royal report afterwards with all the details!~

So... I am off to prepare....

Kaylets
10-09-2007, 06:03 AM
Haven't done this in awhile --- 2 posts in a row....

Had to share:

This was sent to me and I had to share it with everyone.....

'This is a wonderful life lesson to be shared with all~

George Carlin:

How often do you let other people's nonsense change your mood? Do you let a bad driver, rude waiter, curt boss, or an insensitive employee ruin your day? Unless you're the Terminator, for an instant you're probably set back on your heels. However, the mark of a successful person is how quickly they can re-focus on what's important.

Twenty-two years ago I learned this lesson. I learned it in the back of a Philadelphia taxi. Here's what happened. I hopped in a taxi, and we took off for Reading Terminal. We were driving in the right lane when all of a sudden a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his breaks, skidded, and missed the other car's back end by just inches!

Here's what happened next. The driver of the OTHER car, the guy who almost caused a big accident, whipped his head around and he started yelling obscenities at US. Now, here's what blew me away. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean he was friendly. So, I said, "Why did you just do that??? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!" And this is when my taxi driver told me what I now call, "The Law of the Garbage Truck."

Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it. And if you let them, they'll dump it on you. When someone wants to dump on you, don't take it personally. Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. You'll be happy you did. I guarantee it.

So this was it: The "Law of the Garbage Truck." I started thinking, how often do I let Garbage Trucks run right over me? And how often do I take their garbage and spread it to other people: at work, at home, on the streets?

It was that day I said, "I'm not going to do it anymore." I began to see garbage trucks. Like in the movie "The Sixth Sense," the little boy said, "I see Dead People." Well, now "I see Garbage Trucks." I see the load they're carrying. I see them coming to drop it off. And like my Taxi Driver, I don't make it a personal thing; I just smile, wave, wish them well, and I move on.

One of my favorite football players of all time, Walter Payton, did this every day on the football field. He would jump up as quickly as he hit the ground after being tackled. He never dwelled on a hit. Payton was ready to make the next play his best. Good leaders know they have to be ready for their next meeting. Good parents know that they have to welcome their children home from school with hugs and kisses. Leaders and parents know that they have to be fully present, and at their best for the people they care about.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let Garbage Trucks take over their day. What about you? What would happen in your life, starting today, if you let more garbage trucks pass you by?

Here's my bet. You'll be happier. In fact, I guarantee it.'

anagram
10-09-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm packed up and heading off to meet up with Kaylets. Very excited.

Arabella
10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Recovery mode: Two feast-type meals in a row and WI coming up. Fortunately I woke up this morning ready to get right back on track. Hope I can manage a good WI this week...

Anagram and Kaylets! :cb: :cb: :cb: How exciting! You never know, maybe some day we'll all be able to meet.

Love the garbage truck metaphor -- good idea not to take in the garbage :yes:

Amarantha -- Yea, verily thou art getting to the thirties! Huzzah!

K, I'm going to get myself straightened around here. Love to all!

anagram
10-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Well, what a great day yesterday was! Meeting up with our faire Kaylets was like a reunion more than a first meeting. And when I say faire, I mean it in every good sense of the word. Such lovely blue eyes and the cutest blond hair. All else was as I would have imagined - kind, lovely, wise.

We spent about four hours together and never stopped talking (surprised?). The only "shopping" accomplished was a pair of shoes for me. It was only an hour's drive for me and I would imagine about the same for Kaylets. And, yes, Arabella, one topic of our discussions was how nice it would be to get to meet more of our Royal Queens.

This all came about because of a suggestion by katrinabgood who unfortunately was unable at the last minute to join us because of her family situation. But I send her special thanks for being our instigator and hope all is going as well with her as can be at the moment. And also do look forward to the day when we can get back to planning a get together with her.

So not it's back to the real world - slightly cooler here today, to be much more so tomorrow. What will my excuse be now? No excuses really when we're in nice fall weather. No reason not to exercise, eat right, do housework, paperwork, yardwork. And just plain to enjoy life! So let's do it, :queen:s !!!

:belly:

ceara
10-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Pant, pant...I'm back. Had a great time. Just spent a bit catching up here. Have spent the past two days catching up at home!

Anagram...and Kaylets, how good for you! Wish I could have been there....and congrats on the smaller pants! Very exciting!

Those turkeys are very cute.....

I need to boogey on...had a mammogram this am and am not "cleaned" up yet... no makeup, no shower, NO DEODERANT! ACK! Think I'll go play ball with the heathens before it rains and then work on the personal hygene...they don't care. The smellier the better in their opinion! :lol:

anagram
10-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Love that about the girls liking you more smelly, ceara! Would that were true for all our friends ;)

Good thing yesterday was so good; today - not. Had an MRI this a.m. Shoulder has a tear in a tendon, have to see orthopedic surgeon. And garage door wouldn't go up when I got home today. Repairman coming in the morning. At least they're prompt when called. Repeat after me "it's only money, it's only money". Nothing wrong with me a good piece of pie wouldn't cure, or a big dish of ice cream. At least temporarily. Be :queen:ly, be :queen:ly, be :queen:ly.

Kaylets
10-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Hello all.....

A quick report, more details to follow.... Anagram and I sipped tea in Royal Purple Arm Chair at the Starbucks.....and time sped by....
It was a tiny bit too warm to be outside too long but that didnt prevent us from finding a shoe that fits for Q Anagram. Like Cinderalla, the palace minion placed the shoe upon her foot and the trumpets blared.... IT FITS!!!!

More details on the evening report!!

Thought of the day:

"The gem cannot be polished without friction,
nor (wo)man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Question of the day :

"Would you rather shop in person or by mail?"

wsw
10-10-2007, 10:42 PM
just a quick check-in to say i'm still around. haven't had time to catch up on all your posts, but have been thinking about you. anagram and kaylets, it's so neat that you two got to meet each other in person! anagram, hope your shoulder isn't too miserably painful. have had numerous "ms technical difficulties" but have been trying to stay op--well, hanging on by my dainty fingernail anyway. this weekend, an old friend is coming in town to visit me, and am really looking forward to seeing her! also hoping to keep my wits about me food-wise. will try not to make it such a long time between visits to the palace as it has been since my last one. take good care, all.

Kaylets
10-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Hello, hello.....

Wsw! Glad to see you! I know you'll enjoy your viisit with your out of town friend....

Ceara.! Yes, one thing for sure about puppies, it's all about "what is that smell?"

Anagram.... YIKES.... A tear?? Do they know how long its been like that?
I hope you can still go to the pool.... I myself have had shoulder/neck issues for years so I know how miserable it can be to try and hold yourself up when when that entire area hurts.....

Empress,? Wood Nymph? How goes it?

Today's thought is courtesy of another kingdom faraway....

"Most barriers to your success are man-made.
And most often, you're the man who made them."
- Frank Tyger

Question of the day:

"How often does your garbabgeman come?"

katrinabgood
10-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Hello all...I'm just stopping by (for now, I'll be back with a vengence next week.) My dad died on Tuesday, with his family by his side, he went very peacefully. I'm so glad it's over and that he can rest now. Still have to prepare for viewings and funeral Saturday, so I probably won't be back here til Monday, I'm thinkin'.

I was supposed to join our faire queens on the royal outing this week too. I'm so sorry that I missed the fun, I was really looking forward to it! I'm hoping there's a plan in the works for a future royal gathering! :queen:

I haven't read anything on the board, actually this is the first time I've been on the computer in about a week....so I'll get all caught up next week. I'm so looking forward to getting back on track here. (I'm happy, kind of, to report that weight is STILL holding fast, no gains/no losses....will address all that next week!)

See you then!

ceara
10-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Kat...my thoughts are with you. So sorry to hear of your loss. :grouphug:

Have come to a few decisions this week...the upper and foremost being that I need to get my butt in gear and get walking again. So today is the day for that. Will get the heathens out, find my warmer clothes and off I go! Send the Mounties if I don't return! They always get their man!

Ten weeks 'til Christmas...2 pounds a week = 20 in total. Think I can? Maybe. Think I should? Yes. That would put me close to goal....

Have a great day ladies. And hang in there!

wsw
10-12-2007, 08:27 AM
kat-very sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. i'm sending lots of hugs and good thoughts your way.

hi kaylets, ceara! my writing isn't functioning too well right now and fingers not cooperating as i would like (ms-stuff) , so won't drone on, but did want to say good morning to the royal court, and that i am excited about seeing my friend this morning, who is in town from ca. i didn't sleep much the past couple of nights, so hope i won't be too much of a zombie today during our visit. i had given up cafeine a couple of years ago, but have to say, i'm beginning to re-think my position on that one. hmmm. well, hope everyone has a good day. take care.

Amarantha2
10-12-2007, 09:11 AM
I was very sorry to read about the passing of your dad, Katrina. My thoughts are with you.

Amarantha2
10-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Huzzah to all royales who dwell herein! Empress Am be still here but not too imperial these days. Have started a new initiative that is just kind of loose and brief with the blather and worryin' 'bout much except exercise 'n eatin' and no blather and no discouragement gleaned from others and HOPING against hope that the evil Demon Scale will recognize this new spirit movin' in Am's feeble brain and NOT go in the wrong direction again, but ye never know. That plateau breakin' be a tricky biz indeed. Ate HUGE amount on Monday, though but amazingly back on track the past few days.

Kaylets 'n Anagram, t'would have been so fun to actually be at that real world meet-up. Must have been nice. T'is always nice to have friends.

Wsw! Huzzah! :carrot:

Huzzah also to Wood Nymph, Ceara and all other queens absent or here, mentioned or un- ...

Update on Puppy Girl: She went to Petsmart for the first time and picked out her OWN toy. She really did pick it out, saw it on the aisle and tried to get it, so I bought it for her. She's only five months and a total coward, is terrified by new experiences and doesn't cooperate well walking on her leash; she's so cute that everyone wanted to pet her and I'm glad she had a chance for some socialization with people other than the vet. She will be spayed on Tuesday and I am having a nervous breakdown.

anagram
10-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Oh :hug: kat. Sorry to hear of your loss and what you're facing still. Of course there'll be another :queen:ly outing. Take your time and you let us know when you're ready.

Good to see you, wsw, and how wonderful your dainty fingernails are able to still hang in.

The thuds you heard in recent days were me bouncing off the wagon during the evenings - wasting perfectly good days of calorie counting. Yep, painful, kaylets. also a partially torn muscle in there somewhere with a few other odds and ends. All due to an episode, I'm sure, when I was having PT for the foot.

ceara - ten weeks???? Nooooooooo - weight wise that's good but in all other aspects, that's too soon for Christmas. Ten weeks ago we were looking at August starting up and I'm still back there somewhere.

However, it's cool, breezy, sunny today and maybe that will transport me into FALL. Getting a very, very late start (up till 2 again reading) but plan for most of my day to be out in the great outdoors. Walking, errands, etc. Good for everything that ails me.

So - great Weekend to y'all. IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!

Arabella
10-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Kat, I was so sorry to hear of your father's death! :hug:

What a blessing, though, that he didn't linger longer in his most recent condition and that he died peacefully and surrounded by his loved ones! What more could any of us wish for?

Love to you and yours, sending blessings and hopes for peace and comfort as you see your dad off.

Arabella
10-12-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes I am, as I prepare for my 6 a.m. flight to Savannah tomorrow. Ugh. I hate those. Nevertheless, I'm determined to be in vacation mode as soon as I get in the cab for the airport. And to rest, relax and make the most of this week.

I've still got a bunch of stuff to do before I go so I'd better not hang around. I may be able to check in while I'm away, though.

In the meantime, take great good care of yourselves, my Lovelies!

anagram
10-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Enjoy, dear :queen: - though you're probably already in Savannah by now.

Beautiful here this a.m. but I'm on another late start. I think as soon as I get it together I'll head for a walk in the park (where I can pick up some more compost for my yard ;) and then run another errand or two.

Otherwise quiet and still no streak begun. :nono:

deleted2
10-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Hello Wonderful Queens! Do you remember me? I hope so. I've just read this entire thread and it was like revisiting old friends.:hug: I didn't have any trouble at all getting on so I'd like to come back and be part of the group again. May I? :^:

Katrina, so sorry to hear about your dad. Hugs....

Anagram and Kaylets [such dear names!], what a meeting that must have been!

Arabella, how I've missed you!

wsw, still going strong even with the 'technical difficulties'!

Ceara, lovely to see you here in the "other palace"!

Amarantha, cosmic twin---I always know where you are. You can't shake me, baby!;)

Amarantha2
10-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Huzzah, E! I don't want to shake thee, Cosmic Twin! :lol: T'is fun to wander around and have new challenges, dinna ye think! I took up the gauntlet again re the menu in "pals" ... I always improve when I do that!

I'm kind of past Halloween. It never really took off for me, challenge wise. I'm almost in the mode of looking at Christmas or Winter Solstice Time ... still have hopes o' gettin' to Ultra Goal by the end o' the year. Will know more tomorrow.

Arabella, hope ye are havin' fun!

Wsw! Huzzah!

Anagram, hope ye got your walk in the park!

Sword Bearer, huzzah!

To all, mentioned or un ... equally huzzah!

I'll let ye know if I have luck in the Ceremony o' the Golden Scale tomorrow ... otherwise I should work.

E, if ye didn't see my other post on this subject, I'll just mention that I got the Clean Eating Cookbook. It's a nice book, lots of good info, slick pages, worth owning. I am especially intrigued by the breakfast cookies, except they are hugely caloric, so I'd want to cut down on those cals.

Arabella
10-14-2007, 01:17 PM
This is pretty much the color of the peasant-y top I'm wearing today -- somehow I've lost my taste for all black and baggy, all the time.

Well. I successfully made that switch into vacation mode. Despite only getting about 4.5 hours of sleep before my flight, as soon as I got on the first plane I was happy. And I pretty much enjoyed the whole 11+ hour trip to get here, was still perky and happy when I arrived and until bedtime. A reiki miracle, I think. I'd given myself a treatment the night before with the intention of being physically, spiritually & mentally up for this trip.

And my behavior has been stellar (Do I sound like I'm bragging? :o ): Oceans of water, gardens worth of veggies, even while travelling. I had a salad for breakfast today because the only other choice was sandwiches and ... can't do the wheat. Uh-uh. This morning we walked for hours, touring the botanical garden. This afternoon we're going to the aquarium (largest in the world, I hear) and then taking the bus tour.

Eydie! :cb: :cb: Consider yourself virtually picked up and spun around! I'm v. happy to see you.

Anagram, bet I'm now in similar weather to yours. It's nice!

WSW, hope those pesky technical difficulties leave you! Have you already had your visit with your friend?

Amarantha, I'll have to look for that cookbook!

Ceara, I'm with you -- butt in gear, let's go baby!

Katrinabgood :hug:

Kayelets! :wave:

Love to all! Let's make it happen!

Amarantha2
10-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Me again! Just a blog entry, but I don't have a blog here anymore so am foistin' it on ye queens! :rofl:

"Mighty Am at the bat DID strike out this week with a gain o' .7, which was not entirely unexpected due to overeatin' yesterday and having a monumental binge on Monday, which Am will NOT do on this Monday whether it be Deadline Day from the Black Lagoon or not.

The good news is that last week's weigh-in was so good (for Mighty Am) that there's still a .8 average loss over the past two weeks, so we're callin' it GOOD!

Send no flowers to Mighty Am at the bat as she hath set a goal weight of 140 for next week and she will NOT have any more slip-ups (at least not of the proportions that occurred) and she WILL then be really sure (if there's justice in the Dietary Universe and we think there is) to be back in the so-beautiful 130s.

If you build it, it will come.

The plan continueth as outlined: 1570 goal cals per day but NO HIGH DAYS INTO THE 2000S OR BEYOND; 420 minutes (or more) of formal exercise, active lifestyle increases at every opportunity, more fiber to balance blood sugar (related to weight big-time)."

wsw
10-14-2007, 08:59 PM
hi royals. i am about to fall asleep, but i wanted to check in and say that i did continue to hang on by my daintly fingernail, which i am pleased about. i have had the most wonderful weekend with my friend and her husband. seeing my friend from ca was as terrific as i could have possibly imagined, and i had been looking forward to this visit for a long time! it was as though we had seen each other the previous day, and not 22 years ago! we laughed a lot, and then tonight when she left, we cried a lot too, but right now i am smiling just thinking about how lucky i am to have her as my friend. ok, i really do need to go because i am so tired, but i will be back again soon. take care, all.

anagram
10-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Creak, groan. Fresh Start Monday, here I come. Weather G O R G E O U S but I seem to be slightly under it. Don't know why but will continue to take advantage while it's nice.

Yes, I have been park walking and grass seeding, etc.

Welcome, :queen: Eydie! Your Royal Throne has always awaited you in the palace.

wsw, what a wonderful visit you must have had. And 22 years IS a very long time so I'm glad you were able to get together.

Ah, yes, Empress, you will be where you want to be by the end of the year. My caloric goal is somewhat like yours but I had some nasty blowouts this week (evenings, as previously noted). Smack of the wrist to me and I've started my writing this morning again.

Glad you be in relaxation mode, Arabella. And how great you were able to be in touch. Would be so lonely w/o you. Had missed ceara too on her sojourn.

Thinking of you, dear kat. :wave: to kaylets - nice to have the right image of you in mind though wasn't too far from what I had before.

Must do some house(dirty) work this morning before I go out to play in the park. So off to it while I'm still half asleep - can tolerate it better that way.

anagram
10-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Day one down. Did get in a walk though it was tough but did LOTS of housework (at least for me). Going to give that another stab this morning. Amazing how much it takes to keep even one person going. Some more extra things going into the trash and gathering hazardous household waste for a collection on Saturday.

And a church clothing collection in a couple of weeks should give me some more inspiration in that direction. So some progress on all fronts. Even on the social. Called a long time acquaintance with whom I've never done anything socially and invited her to use a fashion show ticket that I had bought for DD (who, of course, can't make it after all). I've always liked her a lot (and I think vice versa) so am glad I asked. Why not before, you say, since our paths have been crossing almost 30 years? Just circumstances, life, all that stuff. You kknow, the stuff that gets in the way.

TERRIFIC TUESDAY - at least that's what I'm aiming for.

:belly: :belly: :belly: :belly:

deleted2
10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I've had much difficulty at work for the past year or so--dealing with a boss that's definitely unbalanced. That's led to lots of stress eating at work and consequently I weigh more than I have in years; I weigh more than 10 pounds over my goal weight now. I'm doing my best to get a handle on it, I keep telling myself that it'll be my best revenge. Honestly, I've never had to deal with anything like this in my life.
I was offered another job this past Friday, but couldn't take it because it doesn't pay nearly as much as my current job. Nice to be wanted though.
Another thing that I'm dealing with is the fact that I'm teaching yoga classes these days and the fact that I'm not happy with my weight is getting to me. I'm really good at what I do but don't want to be the overweight yoga instructor. It really is my dream to be a good example. I find it hard to forgive myself for going off track, not "practicing what I preach".

Wow. What a downer of a post, huh? I think I'm making up for lost time since I haven't posted in so long!
The good news is I haven't eaten from stress in 2 days now and am going for a third and I'm feeling strong!

anagram
10-17-2007, 07:33 AM
I remember your difficulties in that arena from your earlier postings. At least I'm assuming it's the same person you mentioned then. It's good to have the yoga teaching to balance out some of the other job. Too bad someone can spoil it so for you as I know you really loved that job. Hang in. And post on.

Day two down for me and I consider it a great victory. Had some bad news at dr. yesterday and it would have been easy to go really crazy last night. I have a rotator cuff tear and will need to have surgery, tentatively scheduled for late November. Not thrilled as I was just getting it together (finally) following foot surgery.

But that's the JOY of being a :queen: We know we must do what we must do and I'm back at putting one foot in front of the other and moving on. My brain's not wrapped around it yet but one thing I do know. I must be ready for Christmas before Thanksgiving as I won't be able to drive or do much else in that interim. And then 3 to 4 months of extensive therapy (which is where I ended up with this problem in the first place).

So I think I'm not going to think about it at all today - how's that for putting one foot in front of the other: We've had a few showers but it's to be generally another pretty nice fall day. I'm not sure yet but am thinking of having my hair done and maybe hitting road to see uncle in nursing home. And of course, taking a long circuitous, hopefully fall-colorful route to do it. Have done no tree chasing yet this year as we haven't had enough change yet to make it worthwhile. Maybe now after we've had a few cool nights.

One of the surprises in pre-surgery meeting yesterday is that I will have to forego my green tea for two weeks prior to surgery. Hmmm - regular tea ok.

Well, oatmeal seems to be calling - and will enjoy gree tea while I'm able.

So, it's WHOOPS WEDNESDAY - time to hop back on if FRESH START MONDAY has lost its fizzle.

So good to have you back, Eydie. Looks like I've been hogging the thread the last day or two.

Hope your therapy is going well, wsw. And that :queen: Arabella is loving Savannah. :hug: and gentleness to kat .

Amarantha2
10-17-2007, 11:09 AM
I am NOT this color (blue), but I like the way it looks! :carrot:

This is a new day for me and my household o' little girls, one canine and two kitties, as our beloved Puppy Girl came through her "procedure" if ye catch the drift with flyin' colors! Huzzah. She's a trooper! I knew it.

This has led me to a new mindset, I think, where I AM goin' to triumph over this blah blah blah mental litany I always have going that things are goin' to heck in a handbasket. They are not. I am also mentally divorcin' myself from people and things that I simply can't deal with and remain positive anymore.

I've been in the process o' doin' this for a long time, think it's time, plus time to start REALLY sis boom 'n bahin' my way to ULTRA GOAL.

I am really looking forward to Christmas or Solstice Time (not sure, just sacred winterness in general) because (though I have said it before) I WILL be at least closer to ULTRA GOAL!

E, I so relate to the toxic people syndrome ye are experiencin' with the "boss" person. Congrats on the job offer and ye are right it is nice to be wanted but money talketh (loudly)!

E, ye are NOT the overweight yoga instructor. Ye are fit and strong and at a good weight even if it's not the exact one ye desire (and again, I totally relate as we do have the right and privilege to work on our bodies as we would a sacred and beautiful garden where we loveth to dwell and want to be just exactly what we desire it to be ... that is a great mindset and should be nurtured). You work out like a fiend as I discern from our "log" in another realm, so I would not be surprised if ye have some muscle weight going for ye, which be good and healthy. Never fear, the goal be near!

THIS YEAR!

Anagram, congratulations on Day Two! Sorry 'bout that rotator cuff surgery looming, those are a bear. But ye, ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER! That be the way!

Sword Bearer, wherever ye may be, huzzah! Hope all's well!

To all, mentioned or un ...

TIME TO MAKE THE DONUTS! Not ...

deleted2
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Anagram, you're right--as queens we simply push on! Hmmm, can you explain why you're not to have green tea before surgery?

Amarantha, thanks for the kind words, but nevertheless, I must be accountable for regaining weight. The hard truth is I've been slacking and stress-eating! Wish I could blame it on "glands" or something.:o

wsw
10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
hi eydie! so good to see you. sorry to hear work woes/aggravating people causing so much stress.

arabella-hope you are having a nice vacation.

anagram-i'm sorry to hear you need to have rotator cuff surgery! what a pain both literally and figuratively. i hope your shoulder pain isn't too miserable in the mean time either. congrats on day 2 of your streak, and especially in light of hearing impending surgery news.

i too am curious why no green tea 2 weeks before surgery. i know about no ibuprofen, but didn't know about green tea. am having colonoscopy on tues. and can't take ibuprofen (which i am missing this week big time since i take it for back and shoulder pain).

i had my final biofeedback session today, and it apparently has helped a bit, so i'm grateful for that---and because i am done with it for now, too.

hello ceara, kat, kaylets, and to all our lovely royals, mentioned or -un. still hanging on by dainty fingernail, but not doing as well as would like with the portion size, and need to cut down more on that. will just cut my daily cal. level down by 100 cals for the rest of this week to help sneak myself back on to safer ground.

hope everyone has a good evening. take care, all.

anagram
10-17-2007, 09:01 PM
No idea on the green tea. There're treating it as all the other supplements, etc. No fish oil tablets or MSM/glucosamine. I do have to go off medications but that won't be as long as two weeks. Did not have to forego the green tea before March surgery so suspect it's more a "let's not take a chance on anything" attitude which would/might vary from surgeon to surgeon.

Glad the biofeedback sessions were helpful, wsw.

Day 3 down - am going to bed early to be sure ;)

anagram
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Noting some strange underlining in my morning post. strange - never saw that before. don't think I underlined anything. hmmm.

wsw
10-18-2007, 02:31 PM
amarantha-glad puppy girl came through her "procedure" with flying colors. :)

anagram-day 3! huzzah!

so far after breakfast and lunch, have definitely cut down on portion size and realize this won't feel as hard as i thought it was going to be. so, onward and downward, i say. i can't believe it is already late october. this year has just flown by. i say this every single year, though. time just always passes much too quickly to suit me. well, good afternoon, all. take care.

anagram
10-18-2007, 07:04 PM
It's been a real struggle but i think i'm making it day 4. Went out for lunch today and estimated highish on it, I think, but you never know. So I had a slimfast this morning and really light this evening. I have enough left for a snack soon and then maybe an early bedtime again ;)

I see the strange underlining has disappeared. Eerie.

Just came in from a nice twilight walk. pleasant but still a little on the muggy side. Crescent moon smiled at me....

anagram
10-18-2007, 11:05 PM
Forgot to mention today was my "official" weigh in. One pound above that sacrosanct low number achieved only so briefly. But I am encouraged. At least I'm in the neighborhood. The breakthrough WILL come.

Amarantha2
10-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Anagram, I don't see any underlining! Strange! Anyhow, good morning!

E, accountability noted! :) Yea, we are accountable, but you do a great job at your fitness, just thought I'd point it out!

But I'm all for accountability and going out for the second half of my walkabout as I want some X minutes in before heading off to work in that other place today. Staying home with Puppy Girl as long as I can. She's doing great but I worry about her.

wsw
10-19-2007, 07:07 PM
i get those underlinings too-in green-but not always. certain words are underlined and they take you to advertisements. the green lines were present now when i logged in here.

definitely going better with decreased portion size now, and will stick to present food plan for time being. we finally got some much-needed rain today. well, have a good weekend, royals.

anagram
10-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Made it through Day 5 - stopping streak for weekend. Not going to go crazy (I hope) - just not going to count.

Lovely Fall day out there this morning. After a good rain last night. Will be warm again the next few days so am going to enjoy today all I can. Taking some hazardous household waste for recycling, walking in park, driving halfway to meet Princesses and their entourage for a bite this afternoon. All seem things to look forward to.

First I have to wake up though - had a good night's sleep last night - really needed it.

So - wishing all :queen::queen: a Tra La La weekend - Only eleven days left until Halloween. So far not at all tempted by the piles of (not so) goodies in the stores. A big change from years ago and a pleasant side effect of my Palace Association.

Amarantha2
10-21-2007, 02:06 AM
Anagram, I forgot yesterday to congratulate you on a good weigh-in! You are doing great!

Strange about the underlining. Wsw, I've never seen words underlined as links to ads in 3FC. There's another forum I know that has links under certain words to more info on the word (such as "running" that takes you to running info). But I've never seen underlining of any kind at 3FC. Very odd.

Anagram, congrats also on your streak.

Arabella
10-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Beloved Queenlies, I got back from Georgia late last night. This evening I got a call from my sister to tell me that my ex had died. Not my ex-husband, but the love of my life for many years. I hadn't seen him for a very long time and had thought maybe he was dead -- he had a bad alcohol/drug problem -- but the reality of it is hard to take. I've never been as close to any man in my life and I'm very sad.

Just wanted to let you know. I had no connectivity in Savannah and I missed you all. Love to all...

Amarantha2
10-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Sorry to hear about the passing of someone you loved and were close to for such a long time, Arabella.

katrinabgood
10-22-2007, 03:04 AM
I have been dying to get in here all week, and this is the first time I've had time to jump on a computer...at work!

Thanks to all for your very kind words and wishes...it does my heart good to know that I have such good friends here to console and support me. Thank you very sweetly!

Getting back into work/school mode this past week has been challenging. Getting back into school/work/diet mode has been near impossible, as I haven't been inside a grocery store in ages! BUT! That will all change tomorrow...er, later today.

I am, henceforth, re-committing to a healthy lifestyle, which will include eating right and daily exercise. Today is Day 1. Looking forward to making this a good long streak of positivity. In your company, I know I can do this!

Gotta get back to work now...I will catch up on thread goings-on later today.

Happy Monday, all!

wsw
10-22-2007, 09:52 AM
arabella-i'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your "ex." sending lots of hugs your way.

kat-good to see you. i know you have been through so much with your loss. be sweet to yourself.

today, i can't get in to much trouble since have prep for colonoscopy tomorrow, and can only have liquids today. i hate how lousy these things make me feel though. yuck! looking forward to the completion of procedure tomorrow morning. well, just wanted to check in and say hi, since may be out of commission for a couple of days. didn't bounce back too quickly after my last one a couple of years ago. maybe this time will be easier though. i have had many surgeries and procedures, but the coloscopy prep is the worst for me---well, the thing i'm the biggest baby about, anyway. ok, taking deep breath now.

the weather has been just gorgeous again over this past weekend, and thus far, this morning too. need to get out and run a quick errand and enjoy some of this lovely weather. take care, all.

Amarantha2
10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Wsw, hope all is good today for ye! Hang in!

Kat, congratulations on your new initiative and commitment to a positivity streak! Ye will do 'er!

Wood Nymph, hang in!

To Ceara, Anagram, K, Eydie, and a whole lot o' queens mentioned or un, huzzah!

Today is the first day o' the rest o' our lives. This day will never come again, ever in the history o' the univese. What will we do with it?

Arabella
10-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I've been mostly wallowing, so far. I have to say, my first impulses after I heard the news were to stuff my face. Didn't do it. And I can't say I feel better for having held out but I know that the food would only cause more grief in the long run.

I did manage a little run today and a set of tai chi. Drinking the water, etc. Went to choir practice last night, was going to go to sound yoga class today but I had to wait for DH to get back and he was late. I was sad to miss out.

Ah well. I'll keep on keepin' on (and behavin') and eventually I'll feel more like myself again.

Anagram, sorry to hear about the need for more surgery! But you've been doing great, anyway, streaking right along. And congrats on the good WI! :cp: :cp:

I'm not tempted by the Halloween candy any more, either. Oh, it used to be a problem! I remember working frantically on end-of-month stuff and making frequent trips down to grab handfuls of little chocolate bars. Ugh. Now I'd need really good chocolate to tempt me :rolleyes:

Kat, how great to see you back! Yes. Let us devote ourselves to our health and wholeness. 'Tis very true that life can be challenging. And your night shifts are just about enough to do anyone in. And then there's school... :strong: Time to kick butt!

Eydie, sweetheart, I hope you can remember how fabulous you are, despite being 10 pounds over your chosen weight! Ten pounds is not much at all, especially when it's on such a fit :queen: as thineself. I bet it's mostly smooth and sexy muscle :belly:

WSW, I've got an appointment for my first-ever colonoscopy in December. I've heard a number of people say that the worst part is the preparation. And they're so important to have! DH's ex-wife died at 47, of cancer that started as colon cancer. Her mother had died at 53, of the same, but she refused to go for a colonoscopy anyway. They say colon cancer is almost 100% preventable.

Amarantha, thank thee for that good question. I'm going to see what I can make of this day -- surely there must be something more profitable for me to do than sitting here at the computer not getting much done or enjoying myself. Thinking about a good approach...

K, I've made the decision -- I'm going to do exactly what I have to do today and then get the heck out of dodge. Maybe talk DH into running over to look at propane inserts for the fireplace...

Ceara, Kaylets -- :wave: How goes it?

Love to all!

anagram
10-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh, dear Arabella, please do allow yourself some good wallow time, and you too, Royal kat. I don't mean 24/7 but "special" times when you wallow in the pain and then let in some good memories. The warm feelings will bring you back to a smile here and there. I still have some wallow times but lots of wallowing in good memories too. And congrats on not gorging, WN, and for your new incentives, kat.

I've been having some good ACCOMPLISHMENT days but unfortunately they are not good DIET days. I'm still trying to find where the wagon went. But today's the day. Going grocery shopping (been low on what I need for good eating) and going to take life a little easier today in prep for tomorrow when I'm having three new appliances installed and watching that will take all my energy for the day. Had some really good days (other than dietwise) so far this week and it's still rainy outside so it's a good "easy" day. Got some nasty paperwork/phone calls behind me yesterday too.

Hope your c. went well, wsw, and aren't you glad it's behind you. I'm on the list too for early November - in fact that's one reason I postponed the other surgery (besides having to get "ready" for it). I don't think anyone likes the prep but it's something I "owe" to my bro who died of cc at 54. whenever I think of backing out or neglecting it, I hear his chuckling voice gently chiding me.

Yoo, hoo, ceara - where thou be-ist?

Amarantha2
10-24-2007, 11:01 AM
A totally me-me postie as I am runnin' 'round late for assignments 'n postin' 'n repostin' some notes I've been makin' 'bout what I am callin' (so far, it will evolve) my Crystal Challenge for this pivotal year of my existence on this lovely green planet. Goin' to all my haunts 'n postin' this ALTHOUGH IT BE NOT ETCHED IN STONE ... I am changeable, thank whatever ...

"Me, so far, since I always need a seasonal take on things, I have identified my holidayish weigh-ins for the sacred quest I am embarked upon to reach a certain number(s) that means a lot to me:

Next Sunday: 139.9, Halloween challenge ends

U.S. Post-Thanksgiving: Weigh-in on November 25, somewhere in the 130s

Winter Solstice (HERE COMES THE SUN!)/Christmas holiday season (not a Christian but I celebrate as I was raised by my beloved MOM to love that season, so it maketh joy before the year ends): Weigh-in on December 23, THIS BE THE TAKIN' STOCK WEIGH-IN AND I WILL EVALUATE WHERE I AM HEALTH 'N FITNESS 'N WEIGHT WISE 'N (HERE'S THE GOOD PART) KNOW THAT WHEREVER I FALL SHORT, THERE'S ANOTHER YEAR AHEAD IN WHICH I WILL GET IT RIGHT! Two sides o' the coin ... good 'n bad, light 'n dark, we soldier on and NO WHININ')

Anyone else?"

Arabella
10-24-2007, 11:35 AM
And I guess next week we'll be moving again -- wow, that time just flew! :bat:

If no one else wants to, I'll put up a festive season thread. Because we all want to celebrate, right? :yes:

Went to the gym this a.m. and did the circuits, set of tai chi when I got home. I think next week I'm going to look at upping the exercise. I want to DO this thing. I've lost all but a pound of the bump-up, so down a couple of pounds from WW WI but still a pound over ticker :mad: Ah well. Can only go on from where one is. But I think I'll watch the carbs tomorrow preparatory to Friday WI. :chin:

I've got my writing group tonight, which will be good. I think some of the members might remember my ex. I want to be with people who remember him. I feel a little lonely...

Then on Saturday, there's a Reiki share. My first thoughts were "Oh, too bad I can't go" because DH will want me to be home. But then I thought "Nope. I want to go and there's no reason why not." I think it will do me a lot of good.
And then on Saturday, my sound yoga teacher has us out for a sound yoga mini-retreat at the wonderful shorefront place that she administers. DH tried to guilt me out about it but I resisted. :s:

Anagram, you're right -- one must wallow, but I want to wallow well instead of ineffectually, as I was doing yesterday. I'm in a better mode today, crying a little, remembering a little, working a little and shirking a little. I'll do what I need to do for work and let the rest go (that's the way I'll end up being most productive anyway -- if I try to force me I always balk!)

So many people die of cc! More in my acquaintance than from any other cause. I feel negligent that I've never had a colonoscopy :crossed:

WSW, sending vibes for a speedy recovery! :hug:

Any other :queen:lies around?

Let's take this day and make the most of it!

Arabella
10-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Amarantha! :wave: You snuck in while I was typing. :s: I be with thee!

katrinabgood
10-24-2007, 04:54 PM
Hey all...I'm having a real hard time keeping up with this thread, as much as I want to. School has taken over temporarily, I now have my two night classes and an all day class on Saturdays. Just til November. I can do this.

There's so much that I want to respond to and share with you all, but I just can't right now. I'm thinking perhaps a once a week post might be best for me for the time being. So, if I don't reply about your current situations and scenarios, please know that I AM thinking of you all and wishing all of you all the best!

Okay...I'm off to class <again!>

:wave:

ceara
10-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Work stress has invaded my life. I am currently working on kicking it out. That may include being unemployed though....

Am currently on a bit of a streak after the long summer. Need to update my ticker. I have an up-age also Arabella, so thee be not alone in that!

Wsw, hope your c went fine...they are a necessary evil...

Kat, sorry to hear of your dad...:grouphug: and Arabella, that's tough. To lose someone with whom you felt such a connection. You were lucky to have him. Good work on the non-food coping!

Anagram...surgery! Yuck...at least you sound OK with it.

'K, I have to get away from this computer and go walk....

Love to all...mentioned and un-mentioned! :wave:

Arabella
10-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Got home from my writing group last night to find that our beloved cat, Dickens, had been hit by a car and killed. At the writing group, we'd just been discussing the question of keeping cats in the house and letting them roam and we were all in favour of letting them roam, come what may. Life's funny.

Tomorrow's Paul's memorial service. I'm looking forward to having that over with and starting to rebuild.

Amarantha2
10-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Arabella, so very sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Dickens. It must be very hard also with the memorial service coming up.

Re starting a new thread, I would vote that you do so for the festive season.

See you.

ceara
10-26-2007, 07:57 AM
:grouphug: Arabella on this tough day.

It is raining today....DH and I planning on going to the "city" :lol: to look at bathroom counter tops and mirror/light ensembles for the ensuite. One of these days it'll be done! Supposed to clear later, so the heathens can be outside for a more extended time. And perhaps I'll be able to walk then...I hate walking in the rain and dislkie having wet dogs.

Things going well....scale is behaving...but then so am I...must be co-relation there?

anagram
10-26-2007, 09:38 AM
Dear Arabella, I am so sorry. And :hug: to get you through the memorial service too. What a tough time!

And, ceara, you too. Work problems can cast a pall over an otherwise lovely life. Happy shopping.

I'm not really too thrilled about surgery again but figure there's nothing I can do except move ahead. Hurting more all the time esp. with the rainy days recently.

Waiting for people to come and bring my new appliances. Parting with old ones is tough; I think I'm much too sentimental but all are associated with many good things in my life.

I think I'm going to sit and do a crossword or something. Feeling cranky. (Hurting does that to me.)

NSV - I wasn't going to do trick/treat last night but at the last minute changed my mind and ran out for supplies. Must have had 70 or so young 'uns in an hour and a half (and then I turned out my lights because by then you only get the occasional straggler who's too old to be doing this anyway). But I was not even tempted - really I wasn't - even smelling those peanut butter cups. This has got to be progress. So the remainder are now in the freezer until someone shows up to claim them.

Recliner, here I come. :wave: to all, mentioned or not.

And of course I vote for a festive holiday thread!

:candy::candy::candy::ginger::ginger: :candy: :candy::candy:

wsw
10-26-2007, 03:07 PM
arabella-thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs on this difficult day of the memorial service. sorry also to hear about your beloved cat, dickens. what a trying time for you! be very sweet and gentle with yourself.

my colonoscopy results were fine, and i was certainly grateful and pleased. the procedure itself wasn't bad at all, just like last time. the prep was a little harder on me this time though, and i was literally up all night, which was a bit challenging. this time, i can go 5 years(!) until my next one, and that made me very happy too. all the nurses and the doc at the hospital couldn't have been nicer, and my friend who took me was a great help, and made me laugh even though it was so early in the morning when he picked me up for the procedure. this is my good friend who had spent 7 months in nairobi. he is such a great friend, and a good sport. i was having trouble with my speech (from ms) and so it was very helpful to have him there because he could answer the questions for the nurses regarding surgeries i've had, meds i'm on, etc. when i couldn't get the words out too well. i have had to lay low the past couple of days, but i'm definitely feeling better now.

we have gotten some serious rain the past few days, which we had needed so badly.

today, my appetite is back, so i am paying close attention to my food plan. i think i have tweaked it enough now so it will be pretty workable and healthy. i am also back to writing my food down, to help keep me honest. well, hello to all you lovely royals. i am thinking of you. take good care.

ceara
10-27-2007, 07:52 AM
Mornin'! It is grey out there....is DLST next week? I find it so dark when I get out of bed in the mornings.

I have to work today, so must be off shortly...to find some brekkie and shower.

Glad all went well wsw...and that 2 years went fast..I remember when he was leaving!

'K...gotta log my food from yesterday....:wave:

Jane
10-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Just a pop-in to say there is a space reserved just for your group in the stickied Bio thread at the top of the page, if you'd like to share your bios.

Have a good day!

Amarantha2
10-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi, Jane! Hope you are havin' a good day also!

Sword Bearer! :wave: Ye are doin' great and hope ye enjoy work today.

I am forcin' self to take today off, at least, just a little space until Sacred Bootcampy Weigh-In Day. I guess I'm doin' a small bootcamp o' mine own these days, walked two hours today, cals down for past two days. :drill:

Wsw, glad ye had such a good friend from the old days to do the medical test thing with ye. Congrats on a good result.

To all, mentioned 'n un ... ye know! :hug:

Arabella
10-27-2007, 03:45 PM
:wave: Queenlies! The memorial service was good yesterday, if extremely difficult. I went to a gathering at his aunt's place afterwards. I learned that he had not been in touch with his family for over 10 years -- just too ashamed of his addiction and afraid of disappointing people again. But I also learned that he was in a community program that he contributed to and was surrounded by supportive people. He'd caught a flu and then I guess his heart just gave out. The body can only take so much.

Addiction is a terrible thing -- makes me more determined to let go of mine.

I'm doing well, moving forward. Not leaving anything behind but just determined to make the most of my life.

Gotta go -- love ya, tho.

anagram
10-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Ah, Wood Nymph, a good mantra for us all.

"I'm doing well, moving forward. Not leaving anything behind but just determined to make the most of my life. "

'Tis good you were able to go to service and to aunt's and to learn more of what has been going on in his life.

wsw, glad that's behind you. And what a wonderful friend you have.

ceara, glad you're back with us. Hope things are looking more resolveable.

Empress, a respite beith good and willhelp you on your bootcamp path. I missed my "official" weighin this week but a day late I was down to .8 of a lb above the elusive "hit it once and I will again" number. Probably blew everything since then though.

I am personally in the "Nightmare from the Money Pit" or something like that re installation of appliances. Can't even begin to waste words describing what's gone on here. Made it tough to manage food - no working stove, microwave, d/w (but who needs that when you can't cook anything). Stuff cut up, out - a stove standing in the midst of the traffic pattern. I do not anger easily but I am being sorely tried. Today a handyman is coming to do a long list of other little (and some slightly bigger) things for me. Turmoil but, this too will be sorted out - 'tis not life and death - just more ways in which I can practice being :queen:ly. Supposedly all will be accomplished tomorrow but I can tell you one appliance dealer whose reputation will be suffering.

Went to funeral with sis yesterday. Fellow died from same cancer her dh has and they all met through support group. Hard, hard.

So today will be busy, hectic but I hope it will be as nice a fall day as yesterday was. When I was coming in last night, Mr. Full Moon was flirting with me and I almost responded to his seduction. Maybe tonight (if I'm not so tired), I can respond and spend a little outdoor evening time admiring him.

Amarantha2
10-28-2007, 02:35 PM
Again, my condolences, Wood Nymph, but ye seem to have found a sense of closure and determination to go forward with your own progress and I think that's great and also love your mantra.

Ah, Anagram, I also be in the money pit, for different reasons, but been there before 'n know a few secret passages out o' there. Huzzah.

To all, unmentioned and mentioned ... ye know the drill.

anagram
10-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Another strange day. Handyman and son are on second run for parts. But he's done many small things so 'tis progress I 'spose.

I've also got more done than usual, outside, computerwise and clothing-sorting wise. So day not a total waste. Hoping the boys will soon get back from their jaunt and get a little more done though it looks now like the list will be far from completed today.

I will need Fresh Start Monday though it may indeed be Tuesday as kitchen still in mucho disarray. Friends offering to cook for me, feed me, etc. but I live in the land of restaurants within a mile or two and can forage for myself quite nicely. I'm laughing, really, about how these supposedly simple things have become quixotic quests. Not life and death, folks. Just not supposed to be so complicated and/or hysterical.

Looks like walk won't be happening unless just at dusk. If they're gone by then. I'll just have to go jiggle around a little bit to get in some exercise. Really cold out there; may finally be turning on heat tonight. Come to think of it, dusk walk might be nice (if cold) as I have a tentative date with Mr. Moon.

katrinabgood
10-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Oh, sweet Arabella...I'm so sorry for your losses, and so inspired by your words. Yes, I'm ready to make the most of my life. Time to stop letting "life" dictate my actions and seize control of my ship! (and a mighty ship it is!)

Anagram...My fingers are crossed for all to be back in order for you ASAP. I know only too well the chaos you're living at the moment. Washing dishes in the bathtub was not fun as I recall! :hug:

wsw...So glad to hear that your colonoscopy went well, and that your friend was there to support you. As a newly-turned 50 year old, I know that I'm supposed to be having one done soon. :yikes: Too much going on right now, definitely next year!

ceara...How I look forward to the day that I can kick work-related stress out of my life too! Hang in there til you can!

Hugs to all...mentioned and un- I still have much to do today. Haven't even been outside yet and I don't want to miss out on this glorious fall weather! I have sworn to myself that I will get out there for a walk. My battery is somewhat re-energized, I'm trying to get my house in order...which really helps me to function better...when the house is a mess, so am I! Am finally doing the summer/winter clothing switch over and a mini fall clean up of the piles of papers, mail, & magazines that seem to accumulate on every flat surface in this house. Practicing feng shui as best I can...

Today, so far, has been a stellar day of eating all the right stuff...will call it an un-official Day 1. Looking forward to new royal holiday thread...nothing like a change of season to "start over..."

Happy day to all! :wave:

ceara
10-29-2007, 08:26 AM
A new week begins. I got my tulips planted yesterday....so at least that job is off my mind! Such as it is :lol:

Going for a walk this morning...nice, sunny and bright...and chilly I assume. No prob.

Am holding onto myself by my fingernails these days!

anagram
10-29-2007, 08:42 AM
Just had a lovely frosty morning walk. So nice.

So now I'm girded for the appliance installer battles today - assuming they show up. Handyman showed up yesterday - got about half done. To return Saturday (and maybe Sunday).

However, stress took its toll..........I must learn to deal better. I wasn't falling apart any other way - got lots of stuff done too. But food - I know, a comfort, a reward for the irritation, etc., etc. I think I'll have to turn in my crown and work to earn it back. I know food will not take care of this problem, only time and sternness will. And I'm quite capable of that - so JUST DO IT.

So I will, I must, I shall, I am. :kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt::kickbutt:

Arabella
10-29-2007, 09:00 AM
A cold one -- getting awfully close to the freezing point . Nipply, as Eydie would say ;).

It feels a bit like "morning in the burnt house": up and doing what needs to be done amidst the ashes. I guess that's the only way but I'm taking the time to grieve, too. It just so happened that I had a lot planned for the weekend, which may have been a good thing.

I went with some Reiki folk on Saturday to do treatments as part of a holistic therapies component at a Red Hat Ladies convention. There were 160 of them there and what a blast it was to see them. The outfits were incredible and they had these chosen personas. One sweet little thing came fluttering up to me and introduced herself: "I'm Madame Butterfly!" Lots of feather boas, sequins, glitter, frills, etc. And they were so receptive to the treatments. It was great!

Saturday evening we went out to dinner with DH's sister and her husband and then off to see "Across the Universe," which was spectacular.

And then yesterday I was at a mini-retreat for the sound yoga group. Lots of chanting, some with simple steps, a silent walk through the woods, a chanting walk through the labyrinth, an hour to be alone (I went and sat on the beach -- it was warm enough and beautiful. A seal came up to check me out and stayed with me for a little while.), a laughing yoga session and then a potluck.

As I expected would happen, I broke down a few times but people took it in stride. They may have just thought it was an emotional response to the exercises. But I've got to say, it's a pretty surreal experience to lie on the floor with tears streaming into your ears while people all around you are chuckling and hooting and guffawing.

WSW, hope you're recovering from colonoscopy. I'm trying not to dread mine and looking forward to having it "behind" :rolleyes: me too.

Anagram, how distressing to have "the trades" wreaking havoc on your Palace! I wish them godspeed and may they leave all in good order! I like your mantra too: I will, I must, I shall, I am. :strong: I'm not free of the impulse to yield to comfort feeding. But I've been able to remind myself of the necessity to refrain. Comfort must come from another source and I remind myself, also, that there are plenty of them that don't insulate me from life. Num-num numb.

Katrina, thanks for the condolences (and thanks to any else that I've forgotten to thank -- it really does help). We're paralleling on the need to attend to mess! House is still a shambles, although DH actually put in some time on it over the weekend. Hope you got out and enjoyed some of that fabulous weather yesterday!

Amarantha, thanks to you, too for the condolences. Huzzah for the passages out of money pit -- may your trip out be swift and victory decisive!

Ceara, good for you, getting tulips in! I'm drawn to the bulbs in the stores but am wondering when/if I would manage to plant them. On the other hand, it would be great to have some to force indoors...

K, Sweeties, I must be off. I'm going to try to take some me time throughout the day this week. Will probably make me more productive in the final analysis.

Love to all, mentioned or un-. Let's make this one count!

anagram
10-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Fresh Start Tuesday for me this week. Have three new appliances finally installed, mess mostly taken care of.

So today I'm devoting to recovering from stress. To be another lovely day and I WILL get in a walk in the red maple treed park. WILL make it to either the new supposedly fab grocery store or at least Wal-Mart. WILL relax. WILL get ready for my trip tomorrow to Princessville. WILL smile, will eat in a more healthy mode, will refurbish healthy pantry, WILL, WILL, WILL. :kickbutt:

As I type, my baby bro is in a hospital in San Diego preparing for gastric bypass. He WILL be on my mind all day. I hope he's doing the right thing. He has lost 40 pounds already in the "prep" stages for the surgery. I'm thinking "just keep on doing those things" instead. But if there's anything I know, it's just how tough that is to do. Only one person of the surviving 7 among my siblings is at a good weight - and he's just finished yet another long siege w/Nutrasystem. Whatever it is/was, nature or nurture, it's been a battle we've all shared. Currently, I am at the low size for the females though the sis whose husband has cancer was until this latest battle.

Don't mean to make this a me-me, just rambling as I don't want to leave the palace...........my second home. :wave:s to all Royals as we approach the end time of this challenge. :haphal:

Make it a TERRIFIC TUESDAY, folks.

:belly:

Arabella
10-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Yesterday I gave in to the draw of comfort food. (Yes, this is an addiction. Nature + nurture, IMO.) I kept it to turkey-veg soup and a handful of prunes but had three big bowls of the soup, which was very close to stewlike. And the main thing is, it just didn't really comfort, only distracted for the time I was eating. And then I felt that numbness, like I'd just pushed the grief down with food. Determined to deal appropriately today.

Part of it was the old "forcing self to stay at my post at the computer." Today I'll be in and out, do my work but not spend so much time on email and puttering ineffectively around the Web.

Just back from a run and a set of tai chi. Going to shower up and have a nice hot bowl of oat bran. There were a few white flakes (almost typed "white with an s inst. w flakes" :lol: ) drifting outside my window...

Anagram, I've got family members fighting the same battle, too. Gosh, I'm tired of fighting! I just want to WIN. And I WILL! We WILL. Oh, the Palace is a place of sweet respite for me too! Thank goodness for the blessing of the palace and all sweet Royals who dwell within. Have fun in Princessville!

Bless you all! Let's take this day and make it a good one. My mantra for the day: If hunger isn't the problem, food isn't the solution. (Thanks, Jane!)

Arabella
10-31-2007, 09:10 AM
Yesterday was better. Didn't let self eat sitting on the couch, which is often all it takes to keep self from going back for seconds or thirds.

Lots of work to do and my mom wants to come for a visit so I'd better get to it.

Walked to gym, did circuits, came home for a set of tai chi. Bah. End of month.

Love to all!

Amarantha2
10-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Ye are doin' a super job workin' through everything and focusin' in on the health 'n fitness management, Arabella!

Anagram! Wally World be a fun place for fitness. Huzzah on your Fresh Start Tuesday!).

To all, mentioned or un ... let's make this day count!

I'm personally doin' a COUNTDOWN TO U.S. THANKSGIVING WHEN I WILL BE FAB! 22 days to go! Wo!

Arabella
11-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Can it really be November? Shocking! We've got a warmish and windy day here today, which I intend to enjoy. I had my mom in for lunch yesterday and then did some running around getting her library books, going to bank, buying treats for tricker-treaters. She's got a new walker with a seat so she can stop when she needs to and sit down. She's just about a mile down the road from me and wants to walk up so I may invite her to visit this aft. She'd be completely happy to walk up and hang out, look at magazines and do her Sudokus while I work on the laptop.

The bottom line for October is that I've lost five pounds but that only puts me back to ticker :dz: I so thought that was a non-real, temporary bump-up but it seems to have taken just the same amount of effort to get rid of as "real" pounds :chin: Ok, onward and downward.

Going for a woods-woggle when it's light enough and then a set of tai chi. Tomorrow's official WW WI and I shall behave myself accordingly.

Amarantha, thou art fab right now -- the fabness shall be fairly dazzling by Thanksgiving. Huzzah!

I'm going to put up our new festive season thread later today. I'll come back and scatter breadcrumbs...

Let's make this one count! Love to all, mentioned or un-

Arabella
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
Oh, so quiet here in the Autumnal Palace!

I weighed in this a.m., another 1.4 off since I joined WW, for a total of 4.8. Relost fluffies, though, so no ticker move yet. Next week, though, that sucker's MOVING.

Did the walk to gym/circuits and a set of tai chi. Got my oat bran in my tummy. TGIF! I want to straighten the house around and get through all my work today so I can celebrate appropriately.

K, that means I gotta get bizzy.

Now, let's head over to the new digs for slimmin' towards the solstice. :clause: