Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:01 AM   #1  

Default I have the books...

Ok, so my friends ex roommate use to do weight watchers. When she was moving out she found her WW books and gave them to us. In it was the restaurant guide book, the book with foods and their point values, and then a book/pamphlet for weeks 1-10.

I was thinking about joining WW online, but since I have the books is it necessary? Like would I be getting anything "extra" out of the online thing (other than the whole weight/food tracking stuff). Or would I be good going off of the books? Because it seems as if thats what everyone gets when they join, and then go off of that. But I could be wrong.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

You will probably be OK just using the books but be aware that restaurants do change their ingredients so the restaurant guide may not be 100% accurate. The other advantage of the online counter is that it calculates more accurately than the slider, plus it will give you the counts for more foods than the books. The slider is accurate for one portion but can be off if you have more than one portion of something.

I would suggest doing the one week free offer for the online service to compare for yourself.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

And the fact that W/W revises their program based on new nutritional research too.

It is possible those books are (weeks 1-10) are not current.

W/W online gives you all the changes the program has and provides a valuable resource.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #4  

Ok, thanks to those who replied I guess I will join WW. Probably later on today. I keep going back and forth because of price, but I just spent $70 and $80 on shoes. And like my friend said, if I have that kind of money for my shoes, I can afford it for my health.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

I don't know if you've already joined but good luck and this site is great for support.

Online is relatively cheap if you can be accountable to yourself...I can't LOL! I always had to at least pay to weigh in.

Also check in your area if you want to do meetings some areas have a MONTHLY PASS which includes the meetings each month AND the e-tools (which is much is nearly all the online access) for about $40 a month.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

I wish you great success. I'm like Kelly and need the accountability of stepping on the scales in front of someone.

Be sure to come here for support if you can. That'll help.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #7  
Core convert

S/C/G: 150/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Because it does cost a considerable amount of money, I use that as another incentive to reach goal and achieve lifetime, then no more paying! yay
Old 09-24-2007, 05:56 PM   #8  

Thanks for all the support! I joined last night!!

I did online though, I have no time to go to the center once a week. I'm never home at the same time on any given day. I don't have a scale in my apartment, but my best friend does. She lives in the same complex as me, just a different building. So she knows Mondays are my weigh-in days and agreed to MAKE ME weigh-in every Monday

She's going to do WW as well, but when her financial aide comes in.
Closed Thread