South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 03:51 AM   #1  
Jenny

S/C/G: 319/309/150

Height: 5'4

Default Weekend on the Beach (Sept 22-23)

Good Morning Ladies. I thought I would go ahead and start since I'm about 5-8 hours ahead of most of you.

It's a holiday weekend here in Glasgow, so the schools are off Friday and Monday, which means I'm off too as I'm a local gov't slave! Off to the beach today with my nieces and it should be grand!

I'm wondering if I should do a third week of ph1 as I was having some mad cravings yesterday. DH went to the local chinese market and bought all kinds of no no's. I did not give in and have any but I was sorely tempted.

Anywho, hope you're all well and that it's sunny where you are!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Saturday!

Jenny, Good morning, I think it's still morning there, isn't it? Good for you for not caving in to the Chinese food. We also had Chinese for supper last night, and I'm afraid I wasn't as strong as you! I didn't do too bad, though, I had shrimp with broccoli.

I'm waiting for the others to stagger out of bed, and then we're off to breakfast before going to the train festival. Amber is sitting here beside me, wanting me to use all the smilies. So this is for her -

Sorry about that, I hope you didn't mind.

Have a wonderful weekend, but don't stray far from the Beach!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:55 AM   #3  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Good Morning! And a great morning it is. The storm watch was called off last night, so it might not be as soggy as we thought it would be, so soon as the sun comes out, I'm headed out to the gardens to play. As of right now, I don't have ANY client work to do today, so I feel like I'm on vacation...whoo hoo!

Jenny, if you are still having cravings, then maybe just a FEW more days on phase one? or just start adding stuff VERY SLOWLY...like one kind of fruit for a few days, then adding one grain for a few days etc. Have a fun holiday weekend! Way to go on resisting the junk...not as hard as it used to be, huh?

Cottage, hope you have a great time at the train festival! The trains go through the middle of our town at all hours and I love to listen to them (well, sometimes when I'm stuck at a crossing for a long time I don't love them all that much!) But it wouldn't feel the same without them. After K, they didn't run for several weeks and I remember how exited we all were to here the first one come through again. wooooooowooooooo!

Thought I'd share a picture of my little herb garden. Yesterday we added the "angel". I wanted to add more parsley to the collection and we put it in a fountain whose pump had quit working. My husband drilled some holes for drainage. I just love that little garden. It's all in pots and I can go out and get fresh herbs to add to the flavor of what I'm cooking. Makes dishes a lot more interesting. I also planted some viola seeds for a little color out there during the winter.

Last edited by femmecreole; 02-15-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:30 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jenny, Cottage and Femme and happy last day of summer. It's also Yom Kippur and we should all be fasting. Somehow I don't think I'd be able to manage.

Streaky pink sunrise this morning which usually means rain but the forecast is clear. Lucy and I go to our local vet this morning for her weigh-in and a refill on her prednisone. It sure makes her hungry and I'm feeding her well. After that, we'll visit Harry at the nursing home and take him his weekend beer which he really enjoys.

This afternoon is all mine! I'll probably spend it in the kitchen making dog food and getting some other cooking done as next week looks really busy. The International Ploughing Match ends at 5 tonight and I'm supposed to go to a thank you BBQ for the volunteers - and voluntolds like me. I've decided to give it a miss and relax at home with my Girls. Strange, but since SBD I really hate to see the food at these events - macaroni salads and Jello salads with marshmallows turn me off. I guess I'm becoming a food snob - not a bad thing, right?

So how are you celebrating the last day of summer?
Old 09-22-2007, 08:14 AM   #5  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Weekend!

I fell so far off the wagon last night that it feel like the wagon backed up over me.

Jenny - When I reach my goal weight my reward to myself is going to be a trip to Scotland or Ireland. I'd really like to do one of those walking tours but DH says no way. Maybe I'll take Mom instead.

Ruth - Enjoy your afternoon with the girls, and give Harry a hello from us.

Cottage - The train festival sounds great. My grandfather used to love to take use to the coal/steam trains for rides in our area.

Cat- Your garden arrangement looks so cute. I'm glad the storm missed you, but it's still raining here.

We have my stepson for the weekend, and since it's raining I think I'll hustle him off to the gym with me.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #6  
-

Dixie...hope the rain doesn't last long...unless you are in one of the areas that needed it so badly. I haven't checked the news here as to whether we are still going to get some of "dregs" of the storm. Keep dry!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning chicks,
I just colored my hair, now just waiting until I can go wash it out. I usually go get it done, but decided to be cheap this month. I also decided to go darker in honor of the fall. Hope it turns out okay. This morning my big plans are to: CLEAN MY HOUSE! It really needs it, it's been driving me crazy all week. DS has horseback riding, so I'm hoping DH is planning to take him. Then I want to take the kids over to the bank to open their own accounts. I've had their money in my account and I want to move it to where they can see it and feel like they are in control of it (as long as they don't want to spend it!). I'm hoping to finish up in time to hit the PA Dutch Market before they close at 3:00. If I've still got some motivation later, I may go pull out the fall clothes, as DS and DD each have one pair of long pants in their closet right now. Even though it's warmed up around here, I'm sure it won't last for long! I hate that clothing changeover though, because you have to keep the warm weather clothes out in case you have a hot day, but you need to be prepared for the cool also, and in this old house, closet space is really at a premium, so I haven't got room for both.

Yesterday afternoon the kids and I went to see the Mr. Bean movie. It was cute, but not as hysterically funny as I'd hoped.
Weigh in was this morning. After looking very promising all week, this morning the scale says I didn't lose this week. That's okay, I snuck a little popcorn yesterday, so I'm hoping it's the salt. I'll drink lots of water today and try again tomorrow, and if the scale still hates me, I'll ignore it and wait until next week. I'm great at ignoring things I don't want to think about, just call me Scarlett!

Good afternoon elusivekookaid! A chinese market sounds so fun, great job for resisting. I may come visit you one day too, my mom's family is from Scotland and my Dad's from Ireland and that's a trip I've always wanted to make. I've only gotten to go to France repeatedly because that's where DH's family is, but one day...
Morning cottage, enjoy the trains! I'm a little jealous because I love Thomas! DS was a big train kid. We had a membership to the Baltimore train museum and used to go hang out at the roundhouse all the time. So fun!
Cat, your little garden is so pretty! What kind of stones are those on the patio? We are planning to put in a patio next spring, so I'm starting to research, but afraid I'm really dumb about this stuff. Glad you didn't get hit, and enjoy your no-work day. I'm afraid I'll have to put in some hours this weekend, but may put it off until tomorrow.
Ruth, enjoy your afternoon in the kitchen. Rainy days are great for that. I used to make my own catfood, but no time anymore, poor babies.
dixie, sometimes we get hit by that wagon, but I'm sure you'll climb right back on this morning. See, you're already on your way to the gym!

I'll try and check back in later chicks...
Old 09-22-2007, 02:39 PM   #8  
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoodle View Post
Cat, your little garden is so pretty! What kind of stones are those on the patio? We are planning to put in a patio next spring, so I'm starting to research...
They are just regular "brick" paver stones. We got a really good deal on them. When we went to the paver place, each pallette was $300! We needed quite a few and we were also building a stone planting bed with a gate in the middle of it, so it would have been a fortune. The guy then told us that they had pallettes of "seconds". There was nothing wrong with them, but they were a mixture of all the colors they offered. The manufacturer would just take a bunch of "left overs" and stick them together. So we got each pallette for $75 instead. There is a concrete base under them. A very ugly cracked concrete base. We just put down a lot of sand and then laid them out and swept more sand in between them and they've been there about 2 years now. When you start looking, ask them about seconds!

Here are some better pictures of the patio. These were from LAST July, and the house has been painted a very dark green since then.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for sharing, Cat. Wow! That is a gorgeous garden. You must have quite the green thumb. I love the patio, that's just what I was envisioning. Just wish I could get the rest of the yard to look like yours, but I am very challenged in that area. I've got a nice big yard though, and my neighbor is good with this stuff and said she'd advise me. So I hope by next summer we'll have it in better shape.

missmess, I did the same ash brown, just a darker shade. Actually, I should go look in the mirror, I haven't checked it out yet!
Old 09-22-2007, 03:05 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gorgeous indeed! I just went out and looked at my weedpatch! Oy! I think I'll need to hire someone to clean it up before real fall. When out there this morning for raspberries, I discovered the apple tree being raided. Here's a picture of the thieves.

I've got the Big Cook well underway - company coming next weekend and the one after - and the Girls will have "real food" for supper instead of kibble.
I'm having moules mariniere for my supper and am even going to indulge in a glass or two of wine - the first this week!

I hope your day is going as nicely as possible.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #11  
cute little kitty fangs

S/C/G: 297/280/160

Height: 5'5

good evening chicks!
I hope everyone had a great saturday...everything from going to look at trains and playing in the garden for ya'll...

The hubby and I spent the day cleaning since we are trying to put the house on the market. I have to a conclusion that we have WAY too much stuff.
Tomorrow we get to paint some wood/hang curtains/clean and make a trip to our storage unit.

I made the "waffles" - husband loves it and so i do ... considering i hate eggs!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone. I hope everyone's doing better than I am. I was rearranging my office last night to make room for the new filing cabinets and strained my back. I was feeling awful this morning and decided to take a pain pill. Well, bad move since it's made me sick all day. I can't keep food or water down and am so tired. I'm going to finish this and head to bed. I wish I had energy for personals, but I just don't have it in me. Have a great night and I hope to be back and better sometime tomorrow.

~Kim
Old 09-22-2007, 10:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 191/183/140

Height: 5'5

Happy weekend all!

Sounds like everyone has had a full Saturday! I've done a whole lot of nothin' today...and it was GREAT!

I've been trying to do some shopping for fall, but everytime I hit the stores, it's way too hot to imagine wearing sweaters soon. Ruth, could you send me down some cooler weather to get motivated?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #14  

I wouldn't mind it being a bit cooler here either. We spent about 9 hours today selling popcorn and it was HOT. On the plus side, Brian sold over $600 today so he is doing really well. I'm doing laundry now so I'll have a clean uniform to wear for the beading ceremony tomorrow. I'll drop Brian at Sunday school and come home and wake up DH so he can pick up Brian and then I'll get in my uniform. Then I will be gone for hours for the beading. I do hope DH takes him selling but I'll take over when I get home.

I ended up getting to bed about 1:30. Then the pager went off for about a half hour around 5 and a half hour around 8 and then the phone rang at 8:30 and I was up for the day. Time to go read to Brian and get him to bed. Good Night!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:43 AM   #15  

Howdy everyone

Well week 1 of P1 is done. I lost a little over a kilo Very happy with that. I extreme exhaustion has settled down but I am still feeling a bit run down. But my cravings are gone and the P1 stuff is feeling rather good.

I purchased a low GI vegetarian cookbook and guide that I will start to use in P2.. looks yummo. I will gradually switch back from meat to veggo and monitor how I am feeling.

I have loads of papers due, so probably won't be online much over the next few weeks. Just wanted to wish everyone a lovely time on the beach and thanks for the support last week.
Closed Thread