Old 09-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/157/130-125

Height: 5'1

Smile new here pms diet?

HI all ! I am new here. I just joined my local bodyworks fitness center and also their diet plan called the PMS diet.Anyone hear of it? Its a high protien diet for breakfast you choose one starch (such as 1/2c dry or cooked cereal),1 fruit ,and 1 dairy.For lunch its 1 starch (like 2 slices diet breador 1 oz reduced fat crakers)1 fruit,1 meat, 1 veg.and dinner is 1 starch,1 meat,2 veg. and you have to eat 3 supplemnets (they provide) a day like a protien shake and those protien bars.Is anyone on this? Or anything similar?I am looking for meal ideas .I have done well so far I have lost 6 pounds and have only been on it 4 days.I should also mention it is reccomended you workout 4 days a week. That part has been very hard because I live 40miles from work and the fittness center, and work 9 hours a day but I am sticking to it but i am exhaughsted.I don't think this diet really has anything to do with PMS I don't really know I guess I should ask butit would be fuuny considering I had a hesterectomy a year ago and don't really have that issue anymore.I need ideas on food for this diet . Its kind of limited .I was on the atkins diet for 2 years and lost 50lbs but then i got my hysterectomy and went off of it and stopped dieting and gained 20 of it back .I tried going back on the atkins but i was not loosing anything.But its hard for me to get out of the low carb mode.So any ideas would be great thanks !! Kovu
kovu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:08 PM   #2  

Never heard of it, but better nutrition and exercise help pms symptoms for many, also enough calcium.

Protein shakes and bars - have a lot of sugar and other ingredients, there are other options for snacks, they want to make money off you on those. You shouldn't be forced to buy them from them.

Last edited by MissGiggles; 09-21-2007 at 04:10 PM.
MissGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote